1 Lombard Street Brasserie
1 Lombard Street
London, EC3V 9AANeighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
1 Lombard Street Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1lombardstreet.com/
- Phone: 02079296611
- Hours of Operation:
FULL Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:30AM-9:30AM, Continental breakfast until 10AM
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM - 4:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday 4:30PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Juri Ravagli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Modern European food, seasonal dishes, some organically sourced, comfort food, great value for money
A word from 1 Lombard Street Brasserie
With an extraordinary domed ceiling by Pietro Agostini, the Brasserie at 1 Lombard Street is ideal for business and leisurely breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Our private room can be used for a variety of corporate and private events. Evenings have a unique atmosphere, with an unrivalled selection of cocktails and champagne. Authentic tapas and oriental bites can be enjoyed at the bar and surrounding intimate booths. This trendy city haunt is perfect for drinks after work where guests can relax with occasional live music. You can also try our truly first class European fine dining restaurant. Under the direction of Juri Ravagli, the menu and wine list captures a clever range of ingenious dishes all expertly married together. Using the finest products this Fine dining restaurant is arguably the finest the City has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
1 Lombard Street Brasserie - Best restaurants in Bank ›
1 Lombard Street Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
444 reviews since 4 May 2014
business meals (306)special occasions (98)fit for foodies (83)group bookings (78)brunch (69)romance (57)pre/post theatre (36)outstanding value (31)afternoon tea (28)good vegetarian options (21)disabled access (8)sunday lunch (8)child friendly (1)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- StarterupfromthecountryDined on 27/8/2014This was our second visit to 1 Lombard Street, and we went back because we enjoyed the first. Staff very friendly and efficient. On this occasion the meal was very pleasant, and the starter we both had, beef carpaccio, was outstanding. One of the best flavour combinations I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceFoodieDined on 22/8/2014Lovely evening at 1 Lombard Street. Great background music, modern buzz , nice crowd and first class calves liver- you must try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food in heart of The CityPhileasGulliverDined on 14/8/2014Sitting next to the gloriously art deco circular bar which is lit from above by an equally art deco domed roof to enjoy wonderful food, excellent decor and flawless service made me think I had flashed back to a bygone age. We had beef carpaggio followed by thai green chicken curry and I can't think of a way in which I would look to improve either. The malva pudding that followed was excellent and made me feel like I was back in southern Africa - cooked to perfection and drizzled liberally with an ideal, accompanying sauce. Spot on. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- mamboDined on 14/8/2014Service was very attentive. Food ok, but roasted vegetables side were squidgy with cold centres (as in fridge-cold).Special Features:
- ImpressiveJamesLunnDined on 13/8/2014The Brasserie is an unusual setting and a lovely place to have a business meal or supper after work. Due to its location, the venue obviously attracts a lot of city types and the mixed restaurant/bar area has a very vibrant feel. The food was great and the set menu choices were varied enough that you didn't feel constrained. The wine list was impressive and the service could not be faulted. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- TeddyBear58Dined on 13/8/20141 Lombard Street provides a good impression on arrival. I had informed the restaurant of my dairy allergy. The Open Table special offer menu offered good value. However I could not have the appetiser of pea soup but nothing else was offered as an alternative. I had to have the salmon as main course which was very dry and overcooked and no sauce accompaniment. I was offered a fruit salad which was basically fruit in a bowl - sliced kiwi, black berries, raspberries etc. with no jus. My eating experience was very poor because I have a dairy allergy. For a restaurant of this calibre I was extremely disappointed. A request for a second glass of champagne took 10 minutes to appear.
- Top TuesdayABaronDined on 12/8/2014About my zillionth time in the venue, always lovely, classic white cloth on the tables etc 3 courses for 20£ ... portions small ish, food tasty, not scrimping on quality. Had Carpaccio... "entrecote" ... was just stack and chunky chips... go round the corner if you want authentic entrecote. Nice moist sponge pudding. Cant go wrong, service a little patch, but Tuesday and £65 all in for 2 to eat - I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Business MealFoodieDined on 12/8/2014Very nice set menu with good options for the mains. I wasn't so keen on the Red Mullet starter, which was like a fishy pate. However my main course of Salmon was delightful and both the salmon and asparagus were cooked to perfection. Desserts were on the slightly boring side, with only an interesting looking panacotta and Malva Cake. I had the Malva cake.Special Features:
- Never lets me downBusinessMummyDined on 12/8/2014Reliably high quality food and service for another successful business lunch with a new client. A super venue and regular haunt; the Fish and chips are divine... With a careful choice of tables it is possible to have a confidential conversation without being overheard. I shall be back soon!Special Features:
- nice foodmrbenn1976Dined on 11/8/2014nice food but was charged extra for courses on set menu - two main courses were £9 dearer than set menu. So if you didn't like the other two options you were charged more... Waiter didnt know what chefs appetiser was.... Cheese board was two teeny slivers of cheese.Special Features:
- very happy with the visitfoodieDined on 7/8/2014entertained friends from NYC and they are impressed with the decor and food. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good indeedfoxbatVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a lovely lunch at 1 Lombard Street. The Maitre D' kindly moved our group to a booth and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Very happy with 3-course dinnerJuLaDined on 6/8/2014Went there with a friend and we were pleased with the experience overall and also specifically the main course "scallops and king prawns" was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. Will go there again.Special Features:
- Bland and averageelleDined on 5/8/2014My friend and I took advatage of an open table offer for a 3 course meal at 1 Lombard Street. The service was excelllent and the restaurant beautiful. Unfortunately we both found that the food was on the bland side and was lacking in seasoning. I had the feta and pine nut salad which was ok. Salmon for main which was bland and needed more flavour. Food is on the safe side and It did not leave me wanting more unfortunately.Special Features:
- Breakfast was cold again...NoExcusesDined on 5/8/2014Two visits in past month... cold plates of scrambled egg served both times. Bonus... The plate was actually hotter than the eggs this time though (the plates are never warm enough... Which is half the problem). The quality of the food used to make up for the poor service at breakfast here. Not any more it seems. Shame because the bacon is the best in the City. Please sort ASAP. Not good enough sorry.
- Would definitely recommend.KC24Dined on 4/8/2014Good ambience, with great quality food and service at very reasonable prices. Well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMidgewarDined on 1/8/2014We had the Top Table offer of 3 course £19.50 and the food was excellent. Service was very good and the waiters attentive but not too much so that it becomes annoying. I only gave 4 stars for ambience which was not the fault of the restaurant but because of some other customers who had obviously been there all afternoon. They were not too bad just a little noisy at times. Overall it was a lovely place to meet with friends for a catch up.
- Great ambience, attentive serviceRaniDined on 29/7/2014went for dinner after business meeting, great top table menu and very filling. Venue, food and wine was fabulous and great environment to chat without being overheard.Special Features:
- Geraldine DaviesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 24/7/2014We understood that when booking through open table we would have some form of discount or some extras that others wouldn't and we had no such benefits. Everyone was very attentive to us and the experience was wonderful. no member of staff mentioned "open table" to us and so we wonder if, in fact , they know about you. The food and ambience were indeed wonderful but we would wonder about open table again as there seemed to be no benefit to us financially or in the provision of extrasSpecial Features:
- BreakfastJEBBDined on 23/7/2014There's a risk that at 0730hrs you feel a tad pallid - but breakfast a 1 Lombard Street should address that challenge. Staff always attentive and capable, food freshly cooked with enough choice for everyone. Highly recommended - but please don't make it too busy!
- Bank Business RestaurantAndrewDined on 21/7/2014Very centrally located restaurant almost on top of bank tube station. Service is good and the food is of a high standard. A good choice of menu to suit all tastes which is presented well. Portions a bit on the small side.Special Features:
- ImpeccableLadybirdDined on 18/7/2014Impeccable service, and ordered the set menu offer through opentable & was most impressed. Superb lamb cutlets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyDDined on 18/7/2014We were very happy with our dinner. The restaurant was happy to cater for gluten free diets. We chose this restaurant because of the special which was for a three course meal plus appetizer and we were expecting an alcoholic drink as an appetizer so were a bit disappointed to find that it was a small bowl of cold soup. Other than that the meal was lovely.
- PipTDined on 18/7/2014It's a wonderful space, the food and service are very good, and the tables are well spaced/it's not too noisy. An enjoyable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; excellent servicedine4funDined on 16/7/2014Visited 1 Lombard Street for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Service is excellent and the OpenTable menu offers a good choice of delicious dishes for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueLuv2dineDined on 16/7/2014My daughter and I had the open table menu which we considered really good value at £19.50 - delicious food although slightly small portions! Also, great service - except we weren't offered bread! Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014Good breakfast, but the restaurant should open a little before 7.30 as there was a queue of us waiting to get in, not good for business, theirs or ours!Special Features:
- Splendid as always!amybabyVIPDined on 15/7/20141 Lombard never lets me down. It is unfailingly excellent. The staff are top-class and make me feel special - it is a stand-out in the City where competition is so tough. Well done - please don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valuePomerolVIPDined on 15/7/2014The opentable offer was great value and an excellent excuse to visit Lombard Street Brasserie. The service is faultless and the food ordered was excellent - although to charge a £9 supplement for two of the dishes (steak or scallops/prawns) seemed a little excessive - certainly for the fish dish. However, there was a reasonable selection of choices for the main dish overall. Overall, a great dinner with a good atmosphere on a Tuesday evening.Special Features:
- Small Portions & Poor attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 15/7/2014Went for breakfast with clients, hadn't been for a while and wanted to re-visit - Service was mediocre at best, had to remind waiter about several items we had ordered but they failed to deliver. Three of us ordered the same item Scrambled eggs with salmon, all three had differing portion sizes, with mine being a tiny portion of both eggs & salmon. Pointed this out to the waiter, who just shrugged his shoulders, and then proceeded to share my feedback to the other senior waiter - who both then laughed?! Not the best response for a client with a complaint, even if a minor one. Needless to say I will not be choosing this restaurant for our client meetings again.
- LENADined on 14/7/2014Had business breakfast at 1 Lombard Street. Always found it reliable with good service. Only comment is that I wish they served better toast.Special Features:
- Night before the weddingClaireDined on 11/7/2014We took our son and his friends out for dinner the night before his wedding and we all enjoyed the evening. Good food, attentive service and nice ambience - no free champagne though!Special Features:
- MixedJajaDined on 10/7/2014We had the £19.50 deal - 3 courses & appetiser. The food was nice - not amazing but we weren't expecting amazing for that value. The cocktails however were disappointing. Expensive, small servings and we both found them completely average.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantDinner4twoDined on 9/7/2014This is the second time we have been to 1 Lombard St. in the evening and had the 'top table special offer menu' - outstanding quality and value on both occasions. The venue is great - a beautiful building with a lively feel. Service faultless and cheerful. I have also been there for a business lunch - very busy but again good food and service.Special Features:
- Good food, good valueFoodieDined on 8/7/2014This restaurant offers very good value for such a prestigous evenue
- Very happyTeeCeeDined on 8/7/2014Excellent venue, great food and service. Would visit again.
- Dress up if you want better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Went for lunch on last Friday - in office dress down grab - smart short sleeved shirt, dark trousers - i.e. smart/casual rather than office smart. Given that I have previously dined there (mid-week, in suit) I had prior experience of the brasserie. It was telling therefore that the service this time was noticably worse. Don't get me wrong, the food was as good as before (hence the score), but the service was much less attentive.
- good food, bit quietfood2criticVIPDined on 3/7/2014I was surprised how quiet this restaurant was for a Thursday night. Food was good and the top table offer is really good valueSpecial Features:
- excellent venueBigBillDined on 2/7/2014it is certainly a spectacular place with it's beautiful atrium. Service was good and attentive and the food tasty and well presented. The gruyere and onion tart was one of the best I have tasted and the tuna steak was cooked perfectly and worked well with Nicoise salad. Only downside, my partners linguine was not hot enough, but this was quickly remedied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top class offeringsIanTheBearDined on 27/6/2014To peoples who know difference between average meals and very tasty fine cusiines. Third time at this fine establishment. Quality dining experience in beatiful historic surroundings. Great for city lunch or evening dining.Special Features: