1 Lombard Street Brasserie
1 Lombard Street
London, EC3V 9AANeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
1 Lombard Street Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1lombardstreet.com/
- Phone: 02079296611
- Hours of Operation:
FULL Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:30AM-9:30AM, Continental breakfast until 10AM
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM - 4:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday 4:30PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Juri Ravagli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Modern European food, seasonal dishes, some organically sourced, comfort food, great value for money
A word from 1 Lombard Street Brasserie
With an extraordinary domed ceiling by Pietro Agostini, the Brasserie at 1 Lombard Street is ideal for business and leisurely breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Our private room can be used for a variety of corporate and private events. Evenings have a unique atmosphere, with an unrivalled selection of cocktails and champagne. Authentic tapas and oriental bites can be enjoyed at the bar and surrounding intimate booths. This trendy city haunt is perfect for drinks after work where guests can relax with occasional live music. You can also try our truly first class European fine dining restaurant. Under the direction of Juri Ravagli, the menu and wine list captures a clever range of ingenious dishes all expertly married together. Using the finest products this Fine dining restaurant is arguably the finest the City has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
1 Lombard Street Brasserie - Best restaurants in Bank ›
1 Lombard Street Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
446 reviews since 4 June 2014
business meals (308)special occasions (97)fit for foodies (84)group bookings (76)brunch (66)romance (59)pre/post theatre (35)outstanding value (34)afternoon tea (26)good vegetarian options (19)sunday lunch (9)disabled access (7)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Good for the CityDine4FunDined on 26/9/2014This is a good restaurant to dine at in the city, but is some way off of the standard you receive in the hotel restaurants of Mayfair. The food was delicious, the only negative was that the lamb shank was not particularly hot.Special Features:
- 1 Lombard cuts the mustard againSally40tDined on 26/9/2014I do love this restaurant so. This is my 4th? maybe visit and there will be many more. The food is always excellent (I recommend the 4 course deal for £19.50) and the service charming. Try the salmon sushimi- I'm not sure what's in it but it's tart, sweet and delicious.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodTheMightyFoxVIPDined on 25/9/2014Nice breakfast but very busy and service could have been better.Special Features:
- Good foodKatieDined on 23/9/2014Booked through top table for the £19.50 which was good value. Food was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner with friendscallmesaffyDined on 22/9/2014Booked on the 3 courses for £19.95 deal with 2 of my girl friends. Food was lovely, service was fantastic, we never felt rushed and the staff were so very friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Not really 'No1' LombardPaulyTDined on 22/9/2014The food was average and the price excessive...if I hadn't used tastecard, id have been very disappointed! Was surprised to then see, Service Charge was on the whole bill, opposed to the amount I was actually paying..I know this happens a lot and can be amended, but dont think it should be automatically charged!Special Features:
- Definitely not No 1 for serviceCrisBVIPDined on 17/9/2014The food is good and the ambience is great, but they were busy (two big parties) and the service suffered as a result. We waited a long time for our mains (so long that we joked they had gone to forge the pan to fry the fish). The Maître d was embarrassed by the wait and said he would waive the service charge (without us asking), but it was still on the bill when it arrived and we had to ask for it to be removed. Will go back as I know it can be better than this.Special Features:
- Food took a long time to come!LotusDined on 17/9/2014I was dining here with a couple of girlfriends, and as we was sitting by the wall we didn't get much attention from the waiters and waitress. While we spent some time waiting for someone to take our order we accidently spilt a drink. An annoyed waitress came over and put some towels on the floor and one on the table. We kept on apologising for being clumsy but we did not get any acknowlegement and was not once offered to get another drink. After we ordered our food the main took over 35mins to arrive and we had to chase it up. A waitress came out and apologiesed sincerely and that our main will be with us shortly, I think at that time we gathered that they had forgot our order. Overall it was ok. But I don't think we would visit again.Special Features:
- Not as good as a previous visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014Enjoyed a nice evening on Tuesday and the restaurant was surprisingly busy which probably affected my experience. The set menu deals were good value, but the service was a little patchy (due to them being full) and the food a little below par (but still decent).Special Features:
- Great food and very reasonableSophieDined on 11/9/2014We had a fantastic meal on the 3 courses for £19.50 offer. I was impressed with the food. Service was hit and miss. We were served by three different waiters, two of whom were very charming. The other waitress gave me a stale piece of bread and when I asked if I could have a different piece and reached for the basket, she jerked it away from me and told me off pretty rudely. I was quite taken aback especially since this was in front of work colleagues. Lucky they weren't clients. Apart from that blip, a good meal and really terrific value with the special offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good to go backLRonTTVIPDined on 11/9/2014Have not managed to get in a couple of times at short notice recently, so was pleased to finally go back to 1 Lombard St. Especially pleased to see a OT deal as well! Deal was good VFM in terms of quality of dishes, though was a little hungry again by the time I got home. Prob would order a side next time. Very good wine list. Attentive service though wine was "refilled" when glasses had barely gone down a centimetre - a little crass/overenthusiastic, and the dishes were served in pretty short order. No-one refilled our table afterwards (we went to the bar area) so there was no particular need for speed. Anyhow great atmosphere as ever and would go back again just for that.Special Features:
- Second visitGuerroVIPDined on 9/9/2014I took a colleague to 1 Lombard Street Brasserie for an early evening meal. It was quiet when we arrived at 4:30 but began to fill up after 5 and was buzzing by the time we finished! Try the duck Caesar salad starter, it's great! The Dover sole was lovely and taken off the bone at the table. It's a little pricy, but it is the City! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set MenumeetthefamilyDined on 4/9/20144 members of our family met here and were delighted with the service and care taken with one of our party who cannot eat wheat or dairy products. Great care was taken to ensure he did not have anything that might upset him. The set meal was really good value with a good choice of food and everything was beautifully cooked. Our only comment was that the music, especially the drumming was intrusive and made it difficult to have a conversation which could make it difficult for a business meal or special occasionSpecial Features:
- Very good for business lunchSophiaVIPDined on 4/9/2014Good food, attentive service and quiet enough to have a proper conversation.
- Birthday dinnerMazreviewDined on 3/9/2014I went for my friend's birthday. I enjoyed all the courses and definite value for money. There was also an appetiser to start. The decor and surroundings looked nice and there is also a bar.Special Features:
- A curate's eggGrantDined on 2/9/2014Pleasant bustling room, good attentive service. The menu was interesting, like salmon tartar. The combination of poached egg Barbqued salmon fillet and hollendase was delicious. However, the amuse Bouche of leek and potatoe soup needed a spit of something like truffle oil not swamping in cheap olive oil. The flavours on the salmon tartar were also unbalanced, more shallot or even capers would have helped and we both had to add seasoning and lemon juice. What is more a meal billed as three courses for £20 each ended up as nearly £100 with only wine and coffee.
- lovely dome featurelive2eatDined on 29/8/2014Good food and service as always. The the course meal offer with open table is good value with decent options of tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StarterupfromthecountryDined on 27/8/2014This was our second visit to 1 Lombard Street, and we went back because we enjoyed the first. Staff very friendly and efficient. On this occasion the meal was very pleasant, and the starter we both had, beef carpaccio, was outstanding. One of the best flavour combinations I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceFoodieDined on 22/8/2014Lovely evening at 1 Lombard Street. Great background music, modern buzz , nice crowd and first class calves liver- you must try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food in heart of The CityPhileasGulliverDined on 14/8/2014Sitting next to the gloriously art deco circular bar which is lit from above by an equally art deco domed roof to enjoy wonderful food, excellent decor and flawless service made me think I had flashed back to a bygone age. We had beef carpaggio followed by thai green chicken curry and I can't think of a way in which I would look to improve either. The malva pudding that followed was excellent and made me feel like I was back in southern Africa - cooked to perfection and drizzled liberally with an ideal, accompanying sauce. Spot on. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- mamboDined on 14/8/2014Service was very attentive. Food ok, but roasted vegetables side were squidgy with cold centres (as in fridge-cold).Special Features:
- ImpressiveJamesLunnDined on 13/8/2014The Brasserie is an unusual setting and a lovely place to have a business meal or supper after work. Due to its location, the venue obviously attracts a lot of city types and the mixed restaurant/bar area has a very vibrant feel. The food was great and the set menu choices were varied enough that you didn't feel constrained. The wine list was impressive and the service could not be faulted. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- TeddyBear58Dined on 13/8/20141 Lombard Street provides a good impression on arrival. I had informed the restaurant of my dairy allergy. The Open Table special offer menu offered good value. However I could not have the appetiser of pea soup but nothing else was offered as an alternative. I had to have the salmon as main course which was very dry and overcooked and no sauce accompaniment. I was offered a fruit salad which was basically fruit in a bowl - sliced kiwi, black berries, raspberries etc. with no jus. My eating experience was very poor because I have a dairy allergy. For a restaurant of this calibre I was extremely disappointed. A request for a second glass of champagne took 10 minutes to appear.
- Top TuesdayABaronDined on 12/8/2014About my zillionth time in the venue, always lovely, classic white cloth on the tables etc 3 courses for 20£ ... portions small ish, food tasty, not scrimping on quality. Had Carpaccio... "entrecote" ... was just stack and chunky chips... go round the corner if you want authentic entrecote. Nice moist sponge pudding. Cant go wrong, service a little patch, but Tuesday and £65 all in for 2 to eat - I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Business MealFoodieDined on 12/8/2014Very nice set menu with good options for the mains. I wasn't so keen on the Red Mullet starter, which was like a fishy pate. However my main course of Salmon was delightful and both the salmon and asparagus were cooked to perfection. Desserts were on the slightly boring side, with only an interesting looking panacotta and Malva Cake. I had the Malva cake.Special Features:
- Never lets me downBusinessMummyDined on 12/8/2014Reliably high quality food and service for another successful business lunch with a new client. A super venue and regular haunt; the Fish and chips are divine... With a careful choice of tables it is possible to have a confidential conversation without being overheard. I shall be back soon!Special Features:
- nice foodmrbenn1976Dined on 11/8/2014nice food but was charged extra for courses on set menu - two main courses were £9 dearer than set menu. So if you didn't like the other two options you were charged more... Waiter didnt know what chefs appetiser was.... Cheese board was two teeny slivers of cheese.Special Features:
- very happy with the visitfoodieDined on 7/8/2014entertained friends from NYC and they are impressed with the decor and food. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good indeedfoxbatVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a lovely lunch at 1 Lombard Street. The Maitre D' kindly moved our group to a booth and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Very happy with 3-course dinnerJuLaDined on 6/8/2014Went there with a friend and we were pleased with the experience overall and also specifically the main course "scallops and king prawns" was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. Will go there again.Special Features:
- Bland and averageelleDined on 5/8/2014My friend and I took advatage of an open table offer for a 3 course meal at 1 Lombard Street. The service was excelllent and the restaurant beautiful. Unfortunately we both found that the food was on the bland side and was lacking in seasoning. I had the feta and pine nut salad which was ok. Salmon for main which was bland and needed more flavour. Food is on the safe side and It did not leave me wanting more unfortunately.Special Features:
- Breakfast was cold again...NoExcusesDined on 5/8/2014Two visits in past month... cold plates of scrambled egg served both times. Bonus... The plate was actually hotter than the eggs this time though (the plates are never warm enough... Which is half the problem). The quality of the food used to make up for the poor service at breakfast here. Not any more it seems. Shame because the bacon is the best in the City. Please sort ASAP. Not good enough sorry.
- Would definitely recommend.KC24Dined on 4/8/2014Good ambience, with great quality food and service at very reasonable prices. Well worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMidgewarDined on 1/8/2014We had the Top Table offer of 3 course £19.50 and the food was excellent. Service was very good and the waiters attentive but not too much so that it becomes annoying. I only gave 4 stars for ambience which was not the fault of the restaurant but because of some other customers who had obviously been there all afternoon. They were not too bad just a little noisy at times. Overall it was a lovely place to meet with friends for a catch up.
- Great ambience, attentive serviceRaniDined on 29/7/2014went for dinner after business meeting, great top table menu and very filling. Venue, food and wine was fabulous and great environment to chat without being overheard.Special Features:
- Geraldine DaviesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 24/7/2014We understood that when booking through open table we would have some form of discount or some extras that others wouldn't and we had no such benefits. Everyone was very attentive to us and the experience was wonderful. no member of staff mentioned "open table" to us and so we wonder if, in fact , they know about you. The food and ambience were indeed wonderful but we would wonder about open table again as there seemed to be no benefit to us financially or in the provision of extrasSpecial Features:
- BreakfastJEBBDined on 23/7/2014There's a risk that at 0730hrs you feel a tad pallid - but breakfast a 1 Lombard Street should address that challenge. Staff always attentive and capable, food freshly cooked with enough choice for everyone. Highly recommended - but please don't make it too busy!
- Bank Business RestaurantAndrewDined on 21/7/2014Very centrally located restaurant almost on top of bank tube station. Service is good and the food is of a high standard. A good choice of menu to suit all tastes which is presented well. Portions a bit on the small side.Special Features:
- ImpeccableLadybirdDined on 18/7/2014Impeccable service, and ordered the set menu offer through opentable & was most impressed. Superb lamb cutlets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyDDined on 18/7/2014We were very happy with our dinner. The restaurant was happy to cater for gluten free diets. We chose this restaurant because of the special which was for a three course meal plus appetizer and we were expecting an alcoholic drink as an appetizer so were a bit disappointed to find that it was a small bowl of cold soup. Other than that the meal was lovely.