1 Lombard Street Brasserie
1 Lombard Street
London, EC3V 9AANeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
1 Lombard Street Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1lombardstreet.com/
- Phone: 020 7929 6611
- Hours of Operation:
FULL Breakfast: Monday - Friday 7:30AM-9:30AM, Continental breakfast until 10AM
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30AM - 4:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday 4:30PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Juri Ravagli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Modern European food, seasonal dishes, some organically sourced, comfort food, great value for money
A word from 1 Lombard Street Brasserie
With an extraordinary domed ceiling by Pietro Agostini, the Brasserie at 1 Lombard Street is ideal for business and leisurely breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Our private room can be used for a variety of corporate and private events. Evenings have a unique atmosphere, with an unrivalled selection of cocktails and champagne. Authentic tapas and oriental bites can be enjoyed at the bar and surrounding intimate booths. This trendy city haunt is perfect for drinks after work where guests can relax with occasional live music. You can also try our truly first class European fine dining restaurant. Under the direction of Juri Ravagli, the menu and wine list captures a clever range of ingenious dishes all expertly married together. Using the finest products this Fine dining restaurant is arguably the finest the City has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
1 Lombard Street Brasserie - Best restaurants in Bank ›
1 Lombard Street Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
425 reviews since 23 November 2013
business meals (301)special occasions (97)fit for foodies (84)group bookings (67)brunch (60)romance (57)pre/post theatre (36)outstanding value (35)afternoon tea (29)good vegetarian options (18)sunday lunch (11)disabled access (8)outdoor eating (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- Great food and ServiceAngelDined on 5/11/2014the service was exceptional from the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out. The food was incredbly goos value with the toptable deal and chef's extrs were perfect. The toptable menu is limiting so beware. If you want more variety then this menus is not for you - choose the al la carte!Special Features:
- Worst customer experienceConstanceSDined on 5/11/2014Appalling service: did not offer to take my coat; did not greet upon entering; food very substandard; it seemed that they did not like the fact that we did not have wine and therefore our bill was too low. The cloak room attendants' attitude was another low point: my colleague had misplaced her ticket and the ill mannered lady was annoyed at this fact, ergo did not offer any help at all and served other customers. Incredulous. Dreadful from start to finish.
- lovely food, great valueHarrietDined on 29/10/2014We had a wonderful 3 course meal with a glass of wine each and it only came to £27 each including service. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gorgeous dining venueSGFoodGirlDined on 28/10/2014I had heard about 1 Lombard Street Brasserie and walked passed it every day on my way to and from work. I had previously booked and had to cancel because my friend could not make it. This time I was not going to cancel and was going on my own. However, at the last minute I invited another friend. We both enjoyed the food and the venue was a great talking point. The location is also perfect. The service was impeccable too. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGerryMDined on 28/10/2014Four of us ate here early evening recently. The limited choice 3 course meal we opted for had plenty of choice and all the food was of a high quality and very well presented. The staff were extremely attentive and I thoroughly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/10/2014I was very disappointed by the food.I have eaten there several times and found it to be very good. We ordered the risotto as a starter as they had run out of the advertised starter .The risotto was inedible.The rice was so hard it was almost uncooked.It also looked completly wrong for a risotto with no creaminess whatsoever.Not sure how it got out of the kitchen We sent it back.The waiter asked if it was too al dente..we replied that it was completely undercooked and he didnt look as though he belived us. The flavour was good when it arrived again 20 mins later but not a good start to a meal.
- Very good ambience and foodscarbovalDined on 24/10/2014It was a very nice meal, with very good ambience and serviceSpecial Features:
- OutstandingaGirlaboutTownDined on 23/10/2014Outstanding value for the 19.50 meal deal, definitely be booking that again. Location is perfect, right by Bank station, beautiful venue and the service was top notch.Special Features:
- ReviewVIPDined on 23/10/2014Great value with top table deal. 3 courses for £19.95!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonDined on 23/10/2014Perfect for a business lunch in the City. Excellent venue, service and food, a thoroughly enjoyable lunch was had by all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/10/2014Everyone in our group said the food was gorgeous. So, very pleased with that.Special Features:
- Some good, some badAliMHDined on 22/10/2014For the most part our experience at 1 Lombard was good. It's a nice restaurant and the staff are very attentive and helpful. The £20 three course deal is very good value although adding drinks will hike the bill up a lot. The only problems were the roast cod with shrimp was tiny when all our other mains were lovely and generous and the creme caramel was a scrambled disaster. The lamb and steaks were great as were all the entrees.Special Features:
- Lovely food and serviceSummerCDined on 22/10/2014We had booked the 3 course & appetiser special offer. Couldn't fault a thing, delicious food and decent sized portions. The staff were friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good city standardelrafaDined on 21/10/2014always a good place for a business lunch with a good balance of food/service/neutral decor etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/10/2014Had Pear and Manchego Salad followed by the pork chop. The Chop was wonderfully cooked - great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissbolotxusDined on 20/10/2014I've been before, but this time was left disappointed by the set meal we ate - soup appetiser had a cover of olive oil leaving a weird taste in the mouth - had to ask for spoons for the soup because it was too thick to slip easily out of the espresso cups; salmon sushi nicely flavoured, too much avocado; pork belly dry but mis-matched spicy ingredients; lamb shanks well-cooked, but a little dry; parsnips dry & woody & green beans hard & undercooked; dessert (coffee creme caramel) the best course, but sauce was more like a packet sauce. Wine was okay; service was patchy & at times, inattentive.Rosemary bread was delicious.Based on this experience, I would not return, even at the set menu price of £19.50 for 3 courses, per person.Special Features:
- Surprise Birthday Day DinnerMiss007FoodieDined on 17/10/2014I booked a table for 3 for a surprise birthday dinner. We dined in the cosy section of the restaurant. We loved every dish that came to the table even the apéritif. My starter was the pork belly on a bed of Barley and really enjoyed the kick of spice. For main: Lamb shank with veg, as soon as I touched the meat it fell off the bone. All three demolished the plate. Our Hungarian Waiter was the best. He accommodated my needs at every point of the evening. He even recommended a Hungarian sweet desert wine to compliment my dish. The desert was a super treat. Bread & Butter pudding with ice cream, lush! We also received a complimentary desert with a birthday note & candle written with chocolate. My waiter made the evening and I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Lovely evening the food and service were great and the wine list had a good choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceSerenityVIPDined on 9/10/2014A restaurant which doesn't rush you, has attentive but not intrusive staff and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 Lombard Street BrasserieTTfoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food and service was up to standard. It's a nice place to have a quick drink after work.Special Features:
- Special dinner with fatherMoreWinePleaseDined on 3/10/2014Decided to take my father out for dinner. Some lethal martinis to start. A meaty Puligny Montrachet followed. Steak tartare was executed perfectly but would have liked some shallot or spring onion on side. Charcuterie board was balanced with fatty and lean meats of various cures and styles. Lamb rack was succulent and of obvious good provenance. Sea bass was cooked to perfection. The Gevrey Chambertin 2010 was decanted during entrees, opened up well and was extremely moreish. Fantastic for a youngish vintage. We really shouldn't have decided on armagnacs, but we do like Signonac (which I see a lot of these days, as it it such good value).Special Features:
- Very Mediocre for the PriceRainmakerVIPDined on 3/10/2014Prime location for the City and a prime price to go with it. Beware the constant upsells and "fiddles". i.e. If you ask for a black coffee you get an Americano, not the unlimited filter. So sly.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOharDined on 2/10/2014A potentially lovely evening was ruined on Thursday evening by terrible service. The waiter mentioned they had a big event on but as a diner that is not my issue, that is poor management of resources. Well over 2 hours for 3 courses, offered one drink all evening. The opentable menu was quite small and I had to have some of my collegues food to top-up my meal. Overall, won't be going backSpecial Features:
- Good value for set menuRegularexecDined on 2/10/2014We were a table for three with a set menu for £19.50 - which really was quite good value as there is significant choice (although soem with £ supplements) on the set menu. The food was what one would expect for a restaurant of this quality, with the exception that one of our party found a small plastic ball inside their mint icecream! Management was very apologetic. The service was hugely inattentive and our waiter seemed below average in all respects - although his manager came to his aid on a number of occasions, which suggests he may have been new. Wine was good, although a little expensive by the glass.Special Features:
- A perfect birthday evening...ShotgunShellDined on 1/10/2014The restaurant itself is beautiful, a wonderful romantic ambience and the staff go out of their way to provide exceptional service and make diners feel welcome. We decided on the mackerel and entrecote steak as part of our 3-course meal. every course was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. We were also able to sample a few of the cocktails on offer, whilst a little pricey they are a must. The icing on the cake, however, came when a member of staff approached me asking for my partner's name (cleverly concealed in a menu!) I wondered what they had in store. Our dessert arrived, with "Happy Birthday Chris" iced around my partner's plate. He was chuffed! A lovely surprise gesture. We look forward to dining here again!Special Features:
- Exactly what we wantedNickDined on 1/10/2014We wanted to have a family dinner. One of us works in Kennington, one in Canary Wharf, and the other three live in North London, so we wanted a suitable central London location. We decided on Bank, and the restaurant is well located, directly above the tube station. On our arrival, we were greeted very warmly, and shown straight to our well-positioned circular table. For the next three hours we were very well served with food and drinks, and allowed a lot of time for us to talk and catch-up, which is what we wanted. We had chosen the opentable special 3-course menu, with free appetiser, and so our final bill was very reasonable. More importantly, we all really enjoyed the food. So, all in all, it was exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- Good for the CityDine4FunDined on 26/9/2014This is a good restaurant to dine at in the city, but is some way off of the standard you receive in the hotel restaurants of Mayfair. The food was delicious, the only negative was that the lamb shank was not particularly hot.Special Features:
- 1 Lombard cuts the mustard againSally40tDined on 26/9/2014I do love this restaurant so. This is my 4th? maybe visit and there will be many more. The food is always excellent (I recommend the 4 course deal for £19.50) and the service charming. Try the salmon sushimi- I'm not sure what's in it but it's tart, sweet and delicious.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodTheMightyFoxVIPDined on 25/9/2014Nice breakfast but very busy and service could have been better.Special Features:
- Good foodKatieDined on 23/9/2014Booked through top table for the £19.50 which was good value. Food was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner with friendscallmesaffyDined on 22/9/2014Booked on the 3 courses for £19.95 deal with 2 of my girl friends. Food was lovely, service was fantastic, we never felt rushed and the staff were so very friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Not really 'No1' LombardPaulyTDined on 22/9/2014The food was average and the price excessive...if I hadn't used tastecard, id have been very disappointed! Was surprised to then see, Service Charge was on the whole bill, opposed to the amount I was actually paying..I know this happens a lot and can be amended, but dont think it should be automatically charged!Special Features:
- Definitely not No 1 for serviceCrisBVIPDined on 17/9/2014The food is good and the ambience is great, but they were busy (two big parties) and the service suffered as a result. We waited a long time for our mains (so long that we joked they had gone to forge the pan to fry the fish). The Maître d was embarrassed by the wait and said he would waive the service charge (without us asking), but it was still on the bill when it arrived and we had to ask for it to be removed. Will go back as I know it can be better than this.Special Features:
- Food took a long time to come!LotusDined on 17/9/2014I was dining here with a couple of girlfriends, and as we was sitting by the wall we didn't get much attention from the waiters and waitress. While we spent some time waiting for someone to take our order we accidently spilt a drink. An annoyed waitress came over and put some towels on the floor and one on the table. We kept on apologising for being clumsy but we did not get any acknowlegement and was not once offered to get another drink. After we ordered our food the main took over 35mins to arrive and we had to chase it up. A waitress came out and apologiesed sincerely and that our main will be with us shortly, I think at that time we gathered that they had forgot our order. Overall it was ok. But I don't think we would visit again.Special Features:
- Not as good as a previous visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/9/2014Enjoyed a nice evening on Tuesday and the restaurant was surprisingly busy which probably affected my experience. The set menu deals were good value, but the service was a little patchy (due to them being full) and the food a little below par (but still decent).Special Features:
- Great food and very reasonableSophieDined on 11/9/2014We had a fantastic meal on the 3 courses for £19.50 offer. I was impressed with the food. Service was hit and miss. We were served by three different waiters, two of whom were very charming. The other waitress gave me a stale piece of bread and when I asked if I could have a different piece and reached for the basket, she jerked it away from me and told me off pretty rudely. I was quite taken aback especially since this was in front of work colleagues. Lucky they weren't clients. Apart from that blip, a good meal and really terrific value with the special offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good to go backLRonTTVIPDined on 11/9/2014Have not managed to get in a couple of times at short notice recently, so was pleased to finally go back to 1 Lombard St. Especially pleased to see a OT deal as well! Deal was good VFM in terms of quality of dishes, though was a little hungry again by the time I got home. Prob would order a side next time. Very good wine list. Attentive service though wine was "refilled" when glasses had barely gone down a centimetre - a little crass/overenthusiastic, and the dishes were served in pretty short order. No-one refilled our table afterwards (we went to the bar area) so there was no particular need for speed. Anyhow great atmosphere as ever and would go back again just for that.Special Features:
- Second visitGuerroVIPDined on 9/9/2014I took a colleague to 1 Lombard Street Brasserie for an early evening meal. It was quiet when we arrived at 4:30 but began to fill up after 5 and was buzzing by the time we finished! Try the duck Caesar salad starter, it's great! The Dover sole was lovely and taken off the bone at the table. It's a little pricy, but it is the City! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set MenumeetthefamilyDined on 4/9/20144 members of our family met here and were delighted with the service and care taken with one of our party who cannot eat wheat or dairy products. Great care was taken to ensure he did not have anything that might upset him. The set meal was really good value with a good choice of food and everything was beautifully cooked. Our only comment was that the music, especially the drumming was intrusive and made it difficult to have a conversation which could make it difficult for a business meal or special occasionSpecial Features:
- Very good for business lunchSophiaVIPDined on 4/9/2014Good food, attentive service and quiet enough to have a proper conversation.