43A Commercial Street
London, E1 6BDNeighbourhood:
LebanesePrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.adivarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 020 7247 7181
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Halal, Turkish, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Mezze’ish food is traditionally for sharing and great for get togethers. Adiva’s different dining areas and booths vary in size and ambiance which makes the restaurant ideal for groups to find a good spot. Some areas can be made private. Adiva is perfect for any event. From Birthdays, Christmas parties, weddings or any event for up to 150 seated diners. Bring your own alcohol and save on the inflated bar bill.
A word from Adiva Restaurant
Adiva is a Turkish and Lebanese Restaurant fusion that will leave you wanting for more. A luxurious yet affordable BYO restaurant in London Spitalfields and Aldgate East area. Lebanese and Turkish cuisines are both influenced by the ancient Arab Persian Empire followed by the Turkish Ottoman Empire culminating in a true traditional culinary fusion enjoyed by many around the world. The Adiva fare is a complimentary selection of classic mezzes and mains from Lebanon and Turkey. Fresh meat, fish and poultry is traditionally prepared with authentic herbs and spices and cooked upon order by fine healthy cooking chefs paying particular attention to authentic taste and presentation.Continued
Reservations between Thursday - Saturday have a 2 hour time limit on all tables.
Reservations between Thursday - Saturday have a 2 hour time limit on all tables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Adiva Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since 26 November 2013
outstanding value (30)group bookings (22)good vegetarian options (19)special occasions (13)romance (8)business meals (7)child friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)pre/post theatre (6)brunch (4)sunday lunch (2)Show More
- Dinner for two...MrandMrsDined on 4/11/2014It was a rainy London night and we didn't have a working phone between us! The staff were very kind and allowed the table to be kept and didn't rush us at all- even once we'd both arrived. They were really discrete. We each had a good starter and main course (quality and portion!).... we loved the selection of desserts too. Definitely will go back - especially as it's so near tube (provided you get out the right exit!)!Special Features:
- A long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 22/10/2014when the food finally arrived it was quite nice, the waitress messed up the order. Bringing your own wine was quite a nice ideaSpecial Features:
- Restaurant was closed!SJC12344VIPDined on 30/9/2014We booked this weeks in advance and turned up to find the shutters down and door shut! Very disappointed!
- Good restaurantBirdOfPreyDined on 27/9/2014Had a good lunch with Dorma and the Falafels which were great and a lamb kebab with rice and salad which were good tooSpecial Features:
- a decent nightAlseveningDined on 19/9/2014great to find a byo restaurant in central London. good food, good service. But when the belly dancing started then we left. The volume of the music drowned out any conversation. I'd go back, but a little earlier or not on a belly dancing night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adiva RestaurantEHazelDined on 25/8/2014Though the atmosphere was nice and the service lovely, the food left a tremendous amount to be desired. We found this place to be all style and no substance. Better to pop by your local kebab joint and get what you pay for. The shawarma was greasy and artless both in chicken and lamb. We will not be back, obviously.
- Food was GreatStephDined on 21/8/2014The food and service here is great and good value for money. You can even bring your own bottle for £1.50 CockageSpecial Features:
- simple honest foodtechnoguruDined on 18/8/2014This is a good restaurant. Simple, well cooked dishes in a reasonably pleasant dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and good valueBroccoliisevilDined on 11/8/2014I had booked a table for two for lunch on a weekday to entertain a visiting Libyan customer. When I arrived at 12.55 the restaurant was empty and I feared the worst--what did other people know that I didn't?--but I need not have worried. The food was freshly cooked, authentic and tasty.Special Features:
- Lovely food hassled to leaveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014The food was very nice and great value, although we felt a little harassed to leave within two hours and it wasnt too busy. I also receive a confirmation call which was a little odd but I guess people are naughty and do not turn up. You get a corkage charge per bottle so take wine to keep it cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good optionMarianaDined on 29/6/2014Adiva was a good surprise! Great vegetarian options, well served (the portion of Ice cream is very good and the pistachio one is delicious), good service and good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBurrowsgreyDined on 30/5/2014Myself and my partner went for a business lunch but was asked if we were open table customers then ushed to the front as if we were different in some way. No major deal but the delivery of welcome could have been better Food was great and the chocolate desert is superb
- Good food and great valueEluluDined on 11/5/2014No bad points as everything was good. BYO offer is exceptionally good having in mind alcohol prices in restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go heredsml25Dined on 11/5/2014Went for lunch with three friends. The multiple menus were very confusing. Waiter told us the lunch menu came with a free drink. But he didn't tell us the lunch menu he was talking about was the one on the blackboard outside (priced ~£10) and not the one in front of us (priced ~£8) so you were in effect paying for the drink! Then we got the food. The lamb shawarma wasn't edible - chewy and cold. The chicken was almost as bad. Waiter didn't ask why we'd left 80% of our food which makes me think this usually happens! Bathroom was very dirty. In general,the place was run down. Definitely avoid if you can!
- Very good food and good funKathy589Dined on 26/4/2014We went here as a couple for my birthday and would thoroughly recommend it for great value and good food. There was a mixture of groups and couples dining at the time we were there. The restaurant had a warm ambience and the belly dancer added an element of fun which you could partake in if you chose. It was nice to be in a restaurant with a bit of space and to not be packed in like sardines. The waiters were very hospitable and friendly and are there when you needed them. We had a set menu with a mezze starter which allowed us to try a selection of things. The BYO alcohol made it great value. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, BYO with entertainmentjeastwooDined on 12/4/2014I took my mother to Adiva near Spitalfields market for dinner. We enjoyed our experience here. The food was delicious; we had the meze for starter and chickena nd lamb for main - they were melt in your mouth and with the TT offer was great value. Adding to this was the bring your own alcolhol which really kept the price low. We were entertained by a belly dancer which was fun. Would be a great place to have a party - especially as you can bring your own alcohol (they charge 1.50 corkage). Definately will be going back.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendsjampotfairyDined on 12/4/2014We had a lovely lunch here, the food was great, outstanding value and the staff were really friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed meze offerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014We used the mixed meze + main for £15 offer. We shared a mixed meat and mixed vegetarian starter; half the dishes were actually common to both, but there was a good selection and it was very tasty. The main and dessert dishes were also good, and being able to bring our own wine was a real bonus. Service was very efficient, and although the menu is not the largest, I'd definitely return.Special Features:
- We took advantage of the toptableicepDined on 26/3/2014We took advantage of the toptable 2 course offer and BYO. Food pretty ordinary but acceptable for the price. Service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adiva Middle East cuisineastongourmandeDined on 19/3/2014Just outside the city this restaurant has an excellent value menu with a mezza starter plus a main course for under £15. The added value is the BYO for drinks with a nominal corkage charge.I took mine in an insulated bag from home.The vegetarian main course (the Silk Road) was dull but the meat dishes we delicious. The mezza was particularly tasty.Service was prompt and very good.A great value experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for catch up with friendshotcuisineDined on 15/3/2014Comfortable, clean and great service. The perfect place to meet with friends and have a catch up. I wouldn't say there was the widest selection of food on the menu but the food they did have was delicious and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food at great valueKellyDined on 14/3/2014Really fresh tasty food and fantastic ambience. Will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lebanese RestaurantWoodyDined on 9/3/2014Interesting food, with prompt and helpful service.Special Features:
- This place has a nice feel about itAnneDined on 23/2/2014This was a lovely evening - the service was good but not pushy - and the food was good and well presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, decent portionsMmmdinerDined on 18/2/2014It wasn't busy on the Tuesday night we went to Adiva. Having been there before for a birthday we knew the food would be good and at a good value (as it's a BYO as well). Lovely staff, sometimes food can be slow coming out the kitchen as they want every dish to come out at the same time but it's worth the wait. It's a lovely atmosphere, especially on the weekends when they have the bellydance shows - really fun ambiance!Special Features:
- Food great not so much on serviceShadowkhanDined on 15/2/2014Actually the food was great but the service was appalling. If I'm taking a friend to a Restaurant I would the service to be exceptional as well as the food. There staff paid very few attention to our table and not once came over to ask if everything was okay. Besides all that the food itself was faultless.
- Taking advantage of the meatlunchlegendDined on 3/2/2014Taking advantage of the meat meze and main course with byo made this a very pleasant and inexpensive lunch. The main course of mixed kebab was particularly tasty and the meat tender. Having raided a nearby wine shop we were able to complement the food with some excellent wines at cheap prices. The corkage was also very reasonable. The restaurant was however very quiet although this was a Monday lunch-time in its' defence. We will certainly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nght outPhilDined on 1/2/2014January can be a rather dreary month and Jan 2014 with all the wind, rain and more rain has proven to be no exception. As a result my wife decided that we should get together with friends and cheer everyone up. Spookily an email form toptable arrived with a heck of deal from the Adiva. A two course meal (choice of meze starter and choice of main meal) for only £14.95 per person...plus its a Bring Your Own (BYO) restaurant with a very reasonable corkage charge of £1.50 a bottle. Fantastic we thought especially as one of our friends has just started a wine import business. Good food and his choice of great wines a combo that couldn't be ignored. That and a belly dancer too made for a memorable evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special offerARG1Dined on 16/1/2014We enjoyed the Top Table special offer and thought it was exceptionally good value. We enjoyed good quality food, a good selection and good service. We'd definitely recommend it for groups and reunions.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our lunch at AdivaEatingoutaloudDined on 11/1/2014Enjoyed our lunch at Adiva very much, and were surprised that there was only one other table, but it was the second Saturday in January. Think it is probably busier at night. They have some lovely private rooms which would be excellent for birthdays and other celebrations. Food was tasty and very good value, service was charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Middle Eastern PlaceMartinDined on 4/1/2014Good value mainly because you can BYO - they do charge corkage but not a lot. The fixed price menu is quite limited but what they have is quite enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good deal and serviceLoboVIPDined on 1/1/2014We ate at Adiva on New Years Day as a bit of a hang over cure and it did not disappoint, the service was good and the choice on the menu was larger than advertised for the top table deal and although the starter was not the largest the overall meal left us both full. Good healthy food at a great price, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner45!TheTreeTreeDined on 31/12/2013Fantastic value for money. We took advantage of the New Year's Eve special's, then changed our mind and went for another menu and the restaurant were very accommodating to that. Brilliant portions, a diverse range of tasty menu options and the fact that you can BYO drink was even better. Definitely a restaurant to check out.Special Features:
- Great toptable offerJMS05VIPDined on 28/12/2013Had a great dinner here, excellent value for the mixed meze starter and main as well as BYOB. Authentic Turkish and Lebanese food and a welcome change from the brick lane restaurants close by. Next time will go for the a la carte to try a wider selection but a good restaurant for a relaxed groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adiva first timecol35VIPDined on 23/12/2013Good experience for our group. Simple no-nonsense food with tasty choices and good value for money. Would I return - probably....there's so much choice out there!
- Very good atmosphere; excellentDRE99Dined on 21/12/2013Very good atmosphere; excellent food and whole experience was very good indeed. Would certainly go back!Special Features:
- Restaurant had ambience & good foodJackDined on 18/12/2013Admittedly the location of the restaurant is not the best, but within the restaurant it was lovely. Enjoyed spending a nice dinner with my friend.
- LunchRosieDined on 13/12/2013My friend and I visited the restaurant for lunch. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Cheap, easy going place !!BirdieDined on 6/12/2013Walking distrance from Liverpool Street Station, good food & service, yes it's bring your own Booze, but that help keep costs down !. Freshly cooked food, we had a late lunch at 2pm for a group booking of 23 + sat us Red Private area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstranding valueTouristJDined on 30/11/2013For the price you really can't go wrong. The food and service were very good. I was meeting up with friends and we wanted to visit Spitalfields Market but didn't want the hassle of choosing somewhere to eat after we met up, and then finding a table. We took our own bottle of wine, and had the two course set menu, with an extra order of pitta bread. The restaurant was quite big but we were the only customers when we arrived. There was one other table occupied when we left. They must be busier in the evenings or during week or they wouldn't be able to survive. It was perfect for us though, as we just wanted to talk for a long time. Service was friendly and we didn't feel pushed to order more food or drinks. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 448 reviews are from the Adiva Restaurant reviews archive.