4-5 Duke of York Street
London, SW1Y 6LANeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alduca-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02078393090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 2:30PM, Saturday 12:30PM - 3:00PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday 6:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianni Andolfi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Private Party Facilities: Large party facility for up to 60 patrons available only on Sundays, otherwise up to 20 patrons pre-arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Monni 02078393090
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers
A word from Al Duca
Al Duca was opened by leading restaurateur Claudio Pulze in 1999. As part of Pulze’s 'Cuisine Collection' restaurant group, Al Duca remains one of the most popular restaurants in the St. James area of the capital with a loyal clientele of diners. Serving modern Italian cuisine, Al Duca focuses heavily on bringing out the very best elements of what is one of the most acclaimed gastronomic regions of the world. The menu at Al Duca emphasises the use of simple fresh ingredients, skilfully combined to bring out the best of a wide range of traditional dishes offered both in classic style and with a new twist, all following Pulze’s ethos to offer reasonably priced good Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Al Duca reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since 19 May 2014
business meals (154)pre/post theatre (144)special occasions (123)fit for foodies (104)romance (86)outstanding value (57)group bookings (33)brunch (28)good vegetarian options (25)sunday lunch (21)child friendly (14)outdoor eating (13)disabled access (7)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Still our favouriteCountryCousinsDined on 13/9/2014When in London and staying in St James Sq , we always enjoy a meal at Al Duca. It remains consistently excellent and the staff are delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday meal at Al DucaRachelDined on 13/9/2014Five of us went for dinner at Al Duca before going on to the theatre in Haymarket, the food was very good and we had no complaints about the service. Would recommend any of the fish mains (secondi), the mushroom pasta and the pistachio pesto pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry we made a mistakeIreneDined on 12/9/2014I believe that we should have expected certain benefits by booking through opentable. We did not receive a glass of prosecco when we arrived and the first bill we received gave no discount until we reminded the staff that we had booked through opentable when they gave us a different bill and said they had made a mistake. Food was very. Average. Would not recommend this restaurant .
- very enjoyable meal good serviceewwiotDined on 12/9/2014lots of nice meals to choose from. good service and very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REFRESHINGChilliDined on 3/9/2014Al Duca provides a wonderful venue to have an enjoyable evening. No blaring music, just warm friendly, subtle service. They dont constantly interrupt your conversationt o ask if you are enjoying your experience, they dont have to - because their service is outstanding. The food is innovative, but simple with fresh ingredients. It is refreshhing to go a restaurant where you are not confronted with a list of ingredients . The pasta is freshly made, I nearly always go for one of their specials whether it is a pudding or main - it always surprises me !Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBruuunoooDined on 29/8/2014I took my girlfriend for an evening meal after reading the reviews about Al Duca. We were not disappointed in any way, the food and service were excellent. A thoroughly enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencetashkVIPDined on 28/8/2014Came here for a leaving lunch and the service was fantastic, the choice of courses was also excellent and the food itself was splendid! Will certainly come back. A big thank you to Pietro, our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dorbsDined on 26/8/2014still one of the best buys in all of London. have been coming to this restaurant for about 20 years. never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodyDined on 13/8/2014Service ,food,ambience was excellent, vale for money
- SlicknickDined on 11/8/2014Al Duca is an excellent restaurant, the service, quality of food & choice of wine are all first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinnoDined on 9/8/2014Always reliable, good service and good food. A favourite of mine. Had dinner there last Saturday at 22h00 and nobody rushed us.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian in MayfairAnopheles5050VIPDined on 9/8/2014Had a business lunch on a Saturday, so the restaurant was quite quiet for an Italian. They open up the picture windows on to Duke of York Street when it is hot and this gives a nice al fresco feel. Service is attentive and friendly. Dishes are well presented. We had salad as a starter, very nice fresh ingredients. Salmon steak was nicely done and generous portions with well cooked beans. Wine list has a nice range by-the-glass and the staff are good at helping with the most appropriate ones for the dishes selected. Overall a good and reasonable stand-by in what can be a very expensive part of London.Special Features:
- PolophilDined on 7/8/2014Great pasta and very friendly and attentive staff on top of relaxed atmosphere
- SilverlegendDined on 6/8/2014I had not been here for over five years and was delighted that my memory was not deceiving me and that it was still as good as ever. Charming, attentive staff, delightful ambience, great to sit outside on a hot Summer's night and enjoy superb food and wine at realistic prices for a Restaurant of this standard and in central London. Great!!Special Features:
- Great Italian foodMichelleDined on 6/8/2014Our table was for 5:30 as we were going to the theatre - the restaurant was quiet when we arrived (it soon got busy) The staff were friendly. The food was excellent (the calves liver very very good) and reasonably priced. We'll definite visit againSpecial Features:
- Overrated!OnMyLeavingDoDined on 1/8/2014I thought I'd try this restaurant out after seeing quite a good few reviews, but either those people were on drugs when writing it or I was very unlucky! The restaurant looks nice, with a friendly service but the food was pretty average. They seemed to use more oil in their pasta than a Indian curry house - which meant I ended up leaving quite a bit at the end, which is never the case for me usually. We asked for butter 3 times for the bread, but it never arrived. Value for money - paying way too much for something that wasn't tasty.Special Features:
- Special Occasionsemt23Dined on 18/7/2014It was my boyfriends birthday and we came to London for the weekend and I'd booked al duca after seeing all the good reviews and my god am I glad I did! We both loved it! Service is attentive without being intrusive and the food is great, scallops cooked to perfection as were our steaks. I put in a special request asking them to do a little something as it was my boyfriends birthday to make it special and at the end of our meal they came out singing happy birthday and presented him with ice cream and both of us with a lemon sherbert drink, it was so nice of them as they didn't really have to do anything. Definitely recommended by both of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceSergioDined on 14/7/2014Al Ducca offers avery good Italian food at a reasonable price. Excellent wine list and perfect service.Special Features:
- Very pleasedJimjamDined on 3/7/2014Very pleased with our visit to Al Duca. We wanted an early table (5 .00pm) as we were going on to an evening event. Food delicious and service excellent though restaurant was empty due to the timing. Aircon was very effective on the hottest day of the year. We both had 2 courses and a couple of drinks. Had visited before and would definitely use again. Restaurant located just off Jermyn Street in West End.Special Features:
- Business dinner...GrahamFDined on 2/7/2014All very good. Service was very friendly, good choices, relaxed. Just needs the little extra wow factor to get to 5 star. Thanks.Special Features:
- Maz08Dined on 1/7/2014As always the food at lunch on Tuesday was good and reasonably priced. Service was prompt and welcoming. The restaurant was busy and at the moment there is a construction site right opposite; the noise of heavy lorries through the open windows on a hot day occasionally made conversation impossible. Nevertheless our party (of three) all enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNjt33Dined on 27/6/2014Nice intimate restaurant, food good and staff very pleasant. Our table was booked for 9.45 which was only time available so felt slightly rushed towards the end of the meal when told the kitchen staff were waiting to go. This said I would returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Al DucaGastro1VIPDined on 27/6/2014This was our first visit to Al Duca. We had read the reviews and seen the ratings so our expectations were high. We were not disappointed. We had booked the 20% off food offer which applied to diners at 7.30pm or before (excluding weekends). We were able to choose off the full A La Carte menu which was extensive and mouth watering. This also made it excellent value for money. The food was authentic Italian and superbly cooked. The service was also spot on and very friendly but professional. It was a warm evening and the main windows were open which added to the ambience of the restaurant. This is a really good Italian, situated in the heart of the West End with an excellent menu, good service and great value for money. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- NWFoodieDined on 27/6/2014Good food with attentive and friendly service. Extensive wine list and a range of pasta dishes that are just that bit out of the ordinary .Special Features:
- familydinerDined on 26/6/2014excellent food and service would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With FriendsfussyfoodieDined on 20/6/2014Very good atmosphere and delicious food but unfortunately the sword fish was not hot on arrival. Otherwise the restaurant is in an excellent location in central London- advisable to book well ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2014Very good food, great value. Fantastic selection of winesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and great qualitymovingaroundthecityDined on 11/6/2014I am now a frequent visitor to this restaurant. Service is always prompt, professional and friendly. Food is of a high standard and yummy. When you sit in the restaurant you could be in some quaint restaurant in Italy (except they truly understand the concept of having a great lunch recognizing time could be important to the business person)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IRinr69VIPDined on 9/6/2014As always, excellent service with delicious food and winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice place to eatmotownVIPDined on 5/6/2014A warm and friendly place with excellent food for good value,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressedtherealdealDined on 2/6/2014I originally booked the restaurant because of its good location and good value menu. I definitely wasn't disappointed. The food portions were of a good size and absolutely delicious. The service was also excellent. I can see myself becoming a regular!Special Features:
- Al DucaBertieDined on 2/6/2014Excellent small Italian restaurant. Outstanding personal attention and service. It is manned by young Italians which gives the restaurant a genuine Italian ambience. As it is between Jermyn St and St James's Square it is perfectly situated. The prices are reasonable for such a prime location and being tucked away it is not overwhelmed by tourists at lunch time. A good place for a business lunch or a discreet romantic meet up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Authentic ItalianPeteVIPDined on 31/5/2014This is a great real Italian, with great attention to detail and excellent food. The liver is moist and delicious, the pasta unusual and good size. Great attentive service and got excellent help with the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eveningmartintsVIPDined on 30/5/2014As usual, a lovely meal with great service. The restaurant was quite busy which gave it a bit more of a buzz. The scallops in pancetta were delicious and the Liver on a bed of spinach absolutely fantastic. My guests enjoyed their swordfish and pork. Washed down with a good value Pinot Grigio. Will go again and good value with the 20% off food offer.Special Features:
- Best Italian In MayfairSparkyDined on 30/5/2014Wanted Italian on a Friday night but forgot to book ahead of time. Went to usual places for recommendations and saw Al Duca. Miraculously, I got a reservation albeit very early. I was not disappointed. Excellent fish; great home made pasta; great starters. High level of service, and many are family. I would high recommend, and certainly will be visiting again.Special Features:
- ExcellentChilliDined on 28/5/2014Al Duca never fails to impress - in terms of food, ingredents, variety and service - they are one of the most exceptional restauarnts in London - they dont try to be better than they are - but their ingredients are interesting, fresh and beautifully presented EVERY time.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantmrperfectVIPDined on 24/5/2014I have been to Al Duca before with the family but on this occasion I was dining alone. Service was attentive but not over-fussy. Starter of tagliatelle with white truffle was perfectly cooked. Main course calves liver was equally well-judged but the enormous pile of spinach on which it was sitting was perhaps slightly excessive. Overall a very pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standardsPickyDined on 24/5/2014We have now dined on several occasions in this restaurant and each time the quality has been very good. We have used it for pre-theatre dinners and also as the 'main event of the evening out'. The menu is varied and all the dishes that we have tried have been a very high quality. Excellent wine list, thoroughly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendBrwnDined on 24/5/2014Went for lunch and had more than could eat, good food and drink and service was excellent. Pay for number of courses on entire menu including specials. Portions are big, so if going for lunch be selective on your courses in case you fill up to early.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placeDebbiel2811Dined on 17/5/2014This is my second visit to Al Duca. The food is brilliant with high quality ingredients. The service is attentive without being intrusive. My husband is Italian and he thought his scallops, fillet of beef and gelato were all excellent. Will return again, I'm sure!Special Features: