4-5 Duke of York Street
London, SW1Y 6LANeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alduca-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7839 3090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 2:30PM, Saturday 12:30PM - 3:00PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday 6:00PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianni Andolfi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Private Party Facilities: Large party facility for up to 60 patrons available only on Sundays, otherwise up to 20 patrons pre-arranged.
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Monni 02078393090
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers
A word from Al Duca
Al Duca was opened by leading restaurateur Claudio Pulze in 1999. As part of Pulze’s 'Cuisine Collection' restaurant group, Al Duca remains one of the most popular restaurants in the St. James area of the capital with a loyal clientele of diners. Serving modern Italian cuisine, Al Duca focuses heavily on bringing out the very best elements of what is one of the most acclaimed gastronomic regions of the world. The menu at Al Duca emphasises the use of simple fresh ingredients, skilfully combined to bring out the best of a wide range of traditional dishes offered both in classic style and with a new twist, all following Pulze’s ethos to offer reasonably priced good Italian food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Al Duca - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Al Duca reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since 25 November 2013
business meals (132)pre/post theatre (123)special occasions (107)fit for foodies (86)romance (82)outstanding value (59)group bookings (26)brunch (22)good vegetarian options (20)sunday lunch (17)outdoor eating (12)child friendly (10)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Wonderful Italian restaurantDoccoloDined on 15/11/2014I'm Italian and I have been in this restaurant several times. Here I can find real Italian flavours and ingredients. Very tasty. I would racomand to anyone who wants to enjoy a real Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueJanemacDined on 11/11/2014Excellent food and service and good value wine . Formally set tables with cloths and napkins . Hated the fake candles though .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodGemSocDined on 6/11/2014I visited Al Duca for the first time recently and was a bit worried as I hadn't been there before. Trip Advisor gave good reviews so I took my colleagues there for a business dinner. Me and my colleagues absolutely loved the food, it was delicious. Huge choice of wines available. Will be booking to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just good enough.predictable123Dined on 3/11/2014Food was OK. Felt manufactured rather than home made. Service was good. Fair value with a 20% off deal. But why does a restaurant need to offer a discount...
- Very PleasantRobPDined on 3/11/2014A very pleasant restaurant in a quiet road off Jermyn Street. Our food was all delicious so no complaints there. Our view was that the service was rather formal and over-attentive, but of its kind it was well done, I guess we were just after a more relaxed atmosphere. The ambience of the restaurant was a little starck and formal, but again of its kind it was fine. Value was fair, given the location.
- Perfect pre-theatre venueBigGVIPDined on 1/11/2014Just a few minutes from Piccadilly Circus but seemingly far from the (half-term) madding crowds, this is a nice Italian that's also far from the standard trattoria. An excellent 2, 3 or 4 course fixed menu and good portion sizes. My only gripe is the usual overly frequent topping up of the wine, but that seems to be everywhere these days. When will restaurants learn how patronising this is? We'll be back.Special Features:
- Neil WneilDined on 31/10/2014We had a great evening meal, we had the celebration menu, absolutely fantastic, all 4 courses especially the beef and pasta, staff excellent, better than many Michelin starred restaurants I have recently eaten in, the best meal and service we have had for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!Su77Dined on 30/10/2014Lovely restaurant friendly staff. We visited lunch time and it was really busy but we were served quickly. The menu had a lot of choice and our meals were delicious. We would definitely visit again.
- Usual high standardmalhVIPDined on 29/10/2014We go here a few times a year because the standard is always high.Special Features:
- Quick but Intrusive serviceWindhoekDined on 25/10/2014Quite Good food but overall not very enjoyable and far too expensive. Should ask customers whether they want their wine refilled every two minutes.
- Unhappy First time CustomerUnhappyDined on 18/10/2014Unfortunately when we booked this resturant we were drawn to the the 20% offer off the food bill and glass of prosecco. The reviews were good too. When we arrived we were not offered any prosecco so we presumed we were going to get the discount off the food bill. the billl arrived there was no discount. I querried this with the waitdressr, she said she could see this was a opentable booking, there was nothing to say about the offer. She suggested we had not clicked on the offer we required. I advised it did not give that option. This is our first opentable booking i was very dissapointed. I do not think I will be using your on-line system or recommending it either as you advertised this offer but did not deliver it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal, let down at the end.WelshBoy88Dined on 17/10/2014The meal had a great starter and main; let down by the poor standard of the desserts.
- BillDined on 17/10/2014We always eat here when we visit London from the US, which is 2-3 times per year. The food is excellent and service is outstanding. We also appreciate the ability to bring a special bottle of wine with us to dinner, which is something we do most of the time. Our dinner this past Friday evening was another memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentFabiDined on 10/10/2014I'm italian and I'm always quite suspicious about italian restaurant abroad. Al Duca changed my idea. Everything was delicious and the service was very dedicated. I definitively recommend it!Special Features:
- Simply delicious!ilovepastaDined on 10/10/2014The service was great, the food was brilliant. The concept of a fairly limited choice meant that they could concentrate on the quality. But not just quality, they also offer superb value for money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulPkb7Dined on 8/10/2014Fantastic service and beautiful food. We went for the three courses and not one disappointed. Will definitely be returning on future visits to LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RubesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Probably my favourite Italian in London! The food is unfussy, fresh and excellent and their wine prices are reasonable. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Efficient service and good foodJaneDined on 7/10/2014The food was good and the price was kept reasonable by the 20% off the food offer. The tables are not too close together which meant we were able to chat very easily. It is not a noisy place. It also helped as we had a round table for 5 people. Service was very efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchPureDined on 7/10/2014First time I have visited this restaurant and I was pretty impressed. I was there for a business lunch and the place was very busy as it was a weekday at 1pm. I heard a lot of Italian being spoken by other diners which is surely a good sign! The food was all good and service generally fast and very attentive, apart from forgetting to bring a bottle of water which had been ordered. Prices are OK for this part of town and I will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:
- Great Italian food great portionsHotshopper28Dined on 6/10/2014My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary . We didn't want some to up mark , but we what quiet and contemporary . The food and wine were excellent and the portions were filling. I had the seafood pasta which did have a good amount of mussels and clams . I was very impressed . My husband and I only had two course and with 20% off it was value for money .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeurbandinerDined on 4/10/2014It is a lovely place and the food was super. I did find it a bit expensive (maybe because a lot of the reviews said it wasn't). t was a fixed price menu but the drinks, coffees and side dishes bumped it up. However the service was faultless. The waiter was happy to recommend dishes and wine (taking budget into account without being snooty - and there were some eye-wateringly expensive wines!).They were not awash with vegetarian options but were happy to customise. I will definitely go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Excelent service, ambience and foodFranklinDined on 30/9/2014A second experience of early dinner at Al Duca. The reception is very welcoming and the restaurant has a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. It became busy later and slightly noisier but this did not detract. The service is very good - friendly but professional and with good knowledge of the range of wines. The fixed price menu offers excellent choice and value, and the wines are well priced for a London restaurant. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodGiovanniDined on 27/9/2014The service was excellent, not having to wait for a waiter to come to our table and they were constantly refilling our glasses. The food was wonderfully presented , yet filling. The restaurant is for me for special occasions as I felt it was more expensive than the £20-£40 per headSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of choice, executed wellRGF1Dined on 27/9/2014Dinner on Saturday night was not too busy, but staff were attentive and gave excellent service. The food choices were all lovely and all 4 of us were happy with our meals - the truffle and mushroom pasta was especially good. The good value fixed prices meant that there were no surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorSeagulls2dineDined on 27/9/2014I took my family for dinner at Al Duca after the theatre and found it to be a very good place to eat just off the busiest part of the West End. The food was very good, the staff were very friendly and helpful and I will certainly going back there again to dine.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBigKevDined on 23/9/2014Slightly hidden away, glad I found it. Difficult to find fault the only thing was originally we could only have 4 desserts as there was 4 of us and it is a set price for the number of courses you have, but we had selected 5 to share between us, but this was resolved quickly and we got our 5 desserts which, as all the food was, delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betterSchignanoDined on 23/9/2014Very good food, thoroughly authentic. Attentive service but I was first told that my choice of wine was unavailable. When I insisted the waitress managed to find the "last bottle". I wasn't convinced and felt that they were trying to upsell. I overlooked the optional service charge, which the waiter didn't tell me about, and he almost got away with an additional cash tip.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely ambienceNessaDined on 20/9/2014Love this restaurant, just off the beaten track from Picadilly so not overwhelmed with tourists. Comfortable, relaxed ambience infused with authentic Italian / Sicilian vibe. Food is very good using nice local, fresh and seasonal ingredients. Great wine list especially if you like Italian varietals including from the mainland, Sicily, Sardinia etc. Staff are friendly, professional and efficient. Will return!Special Features:
- Good food & attentive to allergiesHappyDinerDined on 19/9/2014The food was excellent and the staff attentive. We were particularly impressed by the readiness to cope also with gluten-free and nut-free requirements.
- Very good but not yet exceptionaltqrivieraDined on 19/9/2014This was an early evening business dinner for three and there were no complaints. The service was very good, the food is indeed excellent (the scallops deserve a special mention - cooked to perfection) and there is a good wine list. As it was early, there was not too much hustle and bustle. They knew that I had booked through OpenTable, but no hint or offer of a free drink or rebate (the table was reserved for 18.00 so did qualify) - as I had important business guests, I was not prepared to make an issue of it but, if it is offered, it should be given! The price is at the upper end of being acceptable, but I would return.Special Features:
- Perfect lunchThorngraftonDined on 15/9/2014This was the first time I'd eaten in Al Duca - but it certainly won't be the last. The service was good - a (minor) slip corrected instantly and politely. The food was first class and the bill a pleasant surprise. Sadly we were going on to an important meeting and didn't drink wine with the meal - but the list looks interesting and I look forward to a more relaxed visit in the near future.Special Features:
- Still our favouriteCountryCousinsDined on 13/9/2014When in London and staying in St James Sq , we always enjoy a meal at Al Duca. It remains consistently excellent and the staff are delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday meal at Al DucaRachelDined on 13/9/2014Five of us went for dinner at Al Duca before going on to the theatre in Haymarket, the food was very good and we had no complaints about the service. Would recommend any of the fish mains (secondi), the mushroom pasta and the pistachio pesto pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry we made a mistakeIreneDined on 12/9/2014I believe that we should have expected certain benefits by booking through opentable. We did not receive a glass of prosecco when we arrived and the first bill we received gave no discount until we reminded the staff that we had booked through opentable when they gave us a different bill and said they had made a mistake. Food was very. Average. Would not recommend this restaurant .
- very enjoyable meal good serviceewwiotDined on 12/9/2014lots of nice meals to choose from. good service and very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REFRESHINGChilliDined on 3/9/2014Al Duca provides a wonderful venue to have an enjoyable evening. No blaring music, just warm friendly, subtle service. They dont constantly interrupt your conversationt o ask if you are enjoying your experience, they dont have to - because their service is outstanding. The food is innovative, but simple with fresh ingredients. It is refreshhing to go a restaurant where you are not confronted with a list of ingredients . The pasta is freshly made, I nearly always go for one of their specials whether it is a pudding or main - it always surprises me !Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceBruuunoooDined on 29/8/2014I took my girlfriend for an evening meal after reading the reviews about Al Duca. We were not disappointed in any way, the food and service were excellent. A thoroughly enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencetashkVIPDined on 28/8/2014Came here for a leaving lunch and the service was fantastic, the choice of courses was also excellent and the food itself was splendid! Will certainly come back. A big thank you to Pietro, our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dorbsDined on 26/8/2014still one of the best buys in all of London. have been coming to this restaurant for about 20 years. never disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodyDined on 13/8/2014Service ,food,ambience was excellent, vale for money