20 Castle street, Castlefield
Manchester, M3 4LZNeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertsshed.com/
- Phone: 01618399818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Becky Bardsley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Castlefield Rooms offer a boutique, out of the ordinary, venue in central Manchester, in a stunning position within a conservation area on the banks of the Bridgewater Canal. With a superb location in Manchester City Centre, near all major transport links, complimentary on site parking and the highest levels of service and cuisine, the Castlefield Rooms are the perfect venue to hold your wedding, corporate event or party.
We offer a choice of three contrasting spaces for anything from 25 to 250 guests together with a range of competitively priced event packages. The versatility of the spaces is also reflected in the variety of menus available from the acclaimed kitchens of Albert’s Shed Restaurant and Dukes 92 which are located on the same site as The Castlefield Rooms.
Whichever space you decide on you will have our dedicated Events Team on hand to ensure the smooth and efficient running of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Ramsbottom 01618396856
- Public Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station.
If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station.
If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602.
Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: Ample parking available, either on the street directly outside the restaurant or in free car parks around the venue
A word from Albert's Shed
Albert’s Shed is a stylish city centre restaurant with the advantage of a location at the centre of the Castlefield canal basin. The restaurant has ample car parking for business lunches and provides a picturesque and secure environment for weekend and evening dining out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Albert's Shed - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Albert's Shed reviews from OpenTable diners
594 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (372)outdoor eating (254)fit for foodies (234)romance (219)group bookings (211)business meals (175)outstanding value (165)sunday lunch (164)pre/post theatre (150)brunch (121)good vegetarian options (66)child friendly (63)afternoon tea (62)disabled access (57)Show More
- Alberts Shed AmazingPattyDined on 30/8/2014Outside building and eating area Lovely A very warm welcome and shown to our table with a smile and a chat Atmosphere buzzing with happy diners,but intermate at your own table Service very quick Food excellent Price excellent value for amazing food and service I would defiantly be returning and would recommend for anyone to go ManchesterSpecial Features:
- SuperbRichardLDined on 30/8/2014This is my 3rd visit in the last three months. The food is excellent and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Saturday TreatSwampDuckDined on 30/8/2014Enjoyed a fabulous 3 course lunch at Albert's Shed on Saturday, food and service excellent as always, added bonus was 20% off the bill as a goodwill gesture while the restaurant was shut due to the fire incident. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Could not fault. Neither of us had ever been to Alberts before. We chose from the 2 for £10.95 menu. We both had the Pulled Ham hock salad to start then the Fish and chip and steak frites for mains. Food was brilliant, service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodSuzylooDined on 25/8/2014Gorgeous meal, lovely wine and great atmosphere. Service was spot on and with 20% off for Alberts Shed re-opening it was excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodieDined on 24/8/2014Lovely afternoon lunch with excellent service. Good atmosphere and great choice of affordable wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealSar1jorDined on 23/8/2014The staff offered me a free drink as it was my birthday, the manager recognised that I was pregnant so I got a free mocktail. All my friends evens the fussy eaters found a dish they enjoyed. Great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loves2dinefinelyDined on 23/8/2014The brilliant food experience is dampened by a canteen-like atmosphere. Waiters clear tables while people are still eating. Noise levels are so bad at times that one cannot have a conversation at one's own table. All these are factors that management can easily influence and remedy by sound proofing the dining area and training their staff adequately. The quality of the food, however, whether vegetarian or not, is out of this world. Compliments to the kitchen!
- Alberts ShedGaz25Dined on 23/8/2014Enjoyed a fabulous evening on Saturday night at Alberts Shed.Special Features:
- WIll come again and again..ManarDined on 22/8/2014Absolutely fantastic. We had a very good night. Food and service were first class.Special Features:
- Gotta love Albert'sfoodierayeDined on 22/8/2014This is my second visit to a restaraunt in this group, and it won't be my last. I have been for a group celebration meal, and for an intimate dinner for two. Both times it was a fitting choice. The food is gorgeous and the service is second to none. A biggie for me too is the free parking, it's the little things! Overall I highly recommend this venue. We were treated to 20% off too as were all diners this week, due to the fire that had them closed for some weeks. Wasn't even our fault but we reaped a reward! Seriously though, I highly recommend Albert's Shed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food excellent servicePreholdinnerDined on 22/8/2014A wonderful restaurant not only excellent food but brilliant service. Catered for all our needs as well as being very accommodating for our 5 year olds needs. Also lovely outdoor heated area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Night OutoldstersDined on 21/8/2014It's great to see the Shed open again and living up to its deserved reputation. We had first class food, a very acceptable bottle of wine and (more or less) attentive service in an elegant environment. A really good evening. The only suggestion we would make is to extend the pasta options without chilli. Our thanks to all the very professional staff.
- Great place.KevskieDined on 21/8/2014This was our 4th visit to Albert's Shed. My husband and myself. We don't live near enough to frequent more, otherwise we would. We did receive the 25% discount that they were offering due to reopening after a fire, but this was a bonus as all our visits have been really good. The service was very pleasant, with friendly conversation from our server. The atmosphere was good. A nice amount of people without being overbearing. Just right for a midweek lunch. We even managed to sit by the window looking over the canal. We tried different dishes to what we would normally chose. All were delicious. my soup e!specially which was cucumber and mint... yummy. All in all a fab experience. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time special occasion placesuffern1954Dined on 20/8/2014booked for 4 people, service and ambience great but must admit, if you are a vegetarian/vegan, don't eat shellfish or pork the choices are some what limited. What we ate was very tasty, done well and hot (a rarity in most places). I would reserve this for special occasions and as such dress the part. There is limited parking directly in front of the place but plenty of parking around the corner. The noise level inside was such that I could carry on a conversation without shouting, again a rarity in most places today. Bottom Line: would I go again: Definitely!!Special Features:
- Excellentandy0774Dined on 20/8/2014Excellent lunch for my birthday!! Good menu choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be backLynneMacDined on 19/8/2014Have eaten in Alberts Shed several times and was delighted to be back after their fire. Great food and amazing value as up to 6pm on a weekday you can get the fab £10.95 2 course menu. My food was lovely and they even went out of their wine to give a glass of champagne to my friend when I told them it was her birthday. Service was great as always.Special Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014Nice to see this place opening again after the unfortunate kitchen fire they had, this was my 4th visit here and probably the best so far to be honest. Took my son here after work both had a fillet steak which was cooked to perfection, great service as usual where you are always given good personal attention. One thing I must add, they were giving a discount due to customers coming back to eat there after the fire and re-opening which was only the day before we ate there, this was supposed to be deducted off our bill but they forgot to take it off, HOWEVER, we were stopped in our tracks leaving and a gentleman, who I will pressume was the head waiter or manager handed us our discount and apologised. Great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingout1Dined on 18/8/2014Arrived early, but that was not a problem. We were shown to a window table overlooking the terrace as requested . Service prompt, young lady attentive, knowledgable of the menue and polite. The madarin & basil sauce served with the panacottta was devine! Throughly enjoyed a Monday night out with 20% off the bill to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed restaurant, communication 0AnnoyedDined on 19/7/2014Made a booking online, even had an email reminding us about booking on Fri, arrived Sat eve with two children in tow for my birthday meal, to be told that they had had a kitchen fire Thurs evening and were closed, OK fine but with all the communication technology available no-one had bothered to inform us, even sending a booking reminder AFTER fire !!! RUBBISH
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 19/7/2014meal was cancelled by alberts shed due to fire very dissappointedI would recommend this to a friend.
- BriHDined on 19/7/2014Table was cancelled to to Fire so we never actually got chance to dine here
- The Kitchen on fireSankeysukDined on 17/7/2014We booked Alberts for my Daughters Graduation meal , unfortunately the kitchen caught fire on the day we booked the meal , we only knew it was on fire when we heard it on the local radio , i would have liked Alberts to have told us by phone are email , that the Restaurant was closed due to the fire in the kitchen , we had to phone Alberts to get confirmation that it was closed , this was at my Daughters Universe Graduation ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/7/2014Very noisy...partly because there was a large party in. Risotto was very salty. Otherwise food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLucyLu23Dined on 16/7/2014We had never been to Albert's shed before so we were not sure what it was like. Went to celebrate my daughters birthday. The food choice was good and not to expensive. The food was really good and nicely presented. Wanted pudding but the mains were do filling we had not room. The restaurant was nice and busy and the service was great. Looking forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 15/7/2014The setting is great for inner City dining, and the quality of food and service consistently high. Castlefield now has a real buzz to it, and the restaurant must have one of the best views of its type in the North West. Lovely for outdoor dining in the summer months, and a wide-range of optionds on the menu to suit all ocasions and tastes. Parkingf also pretty easy. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation Mealluv2dineDined on 15/7/2014Came here for my Graduation meal, my whole family and friends enjoyed the great food and experience, excellent service and nice surroundings. A great ending to a great day....Thank you.Special Features:
- Love it!all4finediningDined on 14/7/2014Very good service and good quality meals - Reasonably priced too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, 3rd visit.Andy123Dined on 12/7/2014I took my wife to celebrate our wedding annivesary. Busy, but not to the point that service suffered, friendly staff, lots of choice and great wine. We'll be back again no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouLaneDined on 12/7/2014Wonderful attentive service. Very good food. Nice atmosphere. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningAngexDined on 11/7/2014First visit to Alberts shed and we were not disapointed. Great atmosphere with the advantage of outdoor dining which is definitely a plus. Food was excellent, as was the service in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Yet again fantastic all roundMOGGDined on 11/7/2014I visited Albert's Shed on a sunny evening with my friend for her celebratory birthday meal. This is the third time I have visited this restaurant and every time the quality of the food, value for money, staff attention without being pushy have all been excellent. I would highly recommend Albert's Shed although if you want a quiet and peaceful restaurant this is not for you as it has a lively ambiance which I personally love !! Well done Albert's Shed I'll hopefully be back very soon !!Special Features:
- draught beerelsie123Dined on 11/7/2014we asked for the draught beer and was informed it was too hot and the draught beer was off for this reason. the draught beer was on next door and i have never heard that draught cannot be served for this reason. is the draught not available because you want customers to buy the bottled beer as you must be making a fortune on that ? the meal was lovely as was the atmosphere but no draught and my husband will not be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTJaffaDined on 10/7/2014Absolutely delighted with everything,from food to service to value for money. Our tabke server was Mark F. Who was brilliant. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great!EmmaDined on 10/7/2014The food was fantastic, beautifully presented and the service was excellent. Lovely restaurant and I would recommend it to everyone! Can't wait to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLovegoodfoodDined on 10/7/2014Went for my graduation with my family, had a three course meal consisting of an absolutely lovely apatizer board with Parma ham and cheese. The service was impeccable, was served a glass of champagne on the house in order of my graduation. Food was a bit expensive so I wouldn't go here if not for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food not so Great.BabzDined on 10/7/2014As I entered the location I was greeted by a friendly and chatty staff member. The ambiance was outstanding. The location looked great, it was busy and had a fantastic atmosphere full of people having fun and enjoying themselves. We decided to order from the Lunch menu. My friend ordered steak and Chips and I ordered the Fish from the special. I can't explain how disappointed I was with the food. My friend's steak was over cooked even though he had ordered it medium. The chips were dry and very chewy. My fish was over cooked and very bland. I had high expectations but was thoroughly disappointed.
- Albert's shed by the lockLive2eatDined on 8/7/2014Albert's shed is in a great location and serves an interesting menu of well prepared and presented food, and of high quality. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The highlight of the evening was our waitress, and service in general, which was informative, friendly but not pestering. We were celebrating a Man Uni graduation and the restaurant provided a free glass of proseco for the graduate. I scored ambience slightly lower only because the decor is modern without preserving the feel of a converted canal dockside warehouse building, which is a slight pity. Nevertherless, despite that the restaurant is one large space, it is broken into small areas by good use of different levels and partitions. Overall, we still felt that we had our own space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJH1Dined on 8/7/2014We recently enjoyed a celebration lunch at Alberts following my son's graduation. Excellent choice, good value for money, excellent service and even the sun shone. This is my second visit (previously graduation lunch) and we were not disappointed, would thoroughly recommend it even if a little difficult to find when you are not a local. Hopefully will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done Albert's Shed :)GailCDined on 8/7/2014We had a lovely lunch for my daughter's birthday. Lunch menu was great value at £10.95. As it was my daughter's birthday, she received a free glass of prosecco - a lovely touch. One thing I would say however, was that if you required disabled access the outdoor dining areas would be very restrictive. This however does not detract from how delicious the food was. The staff were impecable, nothing was too much trouble for them, well done Albert's Shed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.