20 Castle street, Castlefield
Manchester, M3 4LZNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertsshed.com/
- Phone: 01618399818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Becky Bardsley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Castlefield Rooms offer a boutique, out of the ordinary, venue in central Manchester, in a stunning position within a conservation area on the banks of the Bridgewater Canal. With a superb location in Manchester City Centre, near all major transport links, complimentary on site parking and the highest levels of service and cuisine, the Castlefield Rooms are the perfect venue to hold your wedding, corporate event or party.
We offer a choice of three contrasting spaces for anything from 25 to 250 guests together with a range of competitively priced event packages. The versatility of the spaces is also reflected in the variety of menus available from the acclaimed kitchens of Albert’s Shed Restaurant and Dukes 92 which are located on the same site as The Castlefield Rooms.
Whichever space you decide on you will have our dedicated Events Team on hand to ensure the smooth and efficient running of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Ramsbottom 01618396856
- Public Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station.
If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station.
If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602.
Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: Ample parking available, either on the street directly outside the restaurant or in free car parks around the venue
A word from Albert's Shed
Albert’s Shed is a stylish city centre restaurant with the advantage of a location at the centre of the Castlefield canal basin. The restaurant has ample car parking for business lunches and provides a picturesque and secure environment for weekend and evening dining out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Albert's Shed - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Albert's Shed reviews from OpenTable diners
583 reviews since 25 May 2014
special occasions (368)outdoor eating (245)fit for foodies (230)romance (212)group bookings (204)business meals (168)outstanding value (164)sunday lunch (159)pre/post theatre (147)brunch (115)afternoon tea (63)good vegetarian options (63)child friendly (60)disabled access (56)Show More
- jaffa65Dined on 20/9/2014The staff & food were both excellent as normal. We just enjoy this place as its level of service & food (especially the specials menu) are extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQ1959Dined on 20/9/2014Excellent food and really friendly and helpful staff Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday specialAMSkiDined on 20/9/2014Visited Albert's Shed many times - different occasions different seasons and company but always good. Will be returning again soon. Great for family birthdays or romantic meals alike. Well done and keep up the standard!Special Features:
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014We have eaten here several times since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodmarinemec2004Dined on 19/9/2014Our 4th time at Albert's Shed. We went for a late lunch on Saturday and ate around 1445hrs. Outstanding service from Guillaume who looked after us throughout our dining experience. The food as ever was superb. cannot be bettered -highly recommended to ALL!Special Features:
- Lovely lunchSaSaForDined on 19/9/2014Had a lovely lunch - sat outside but with a heater on. Nice atmosphere. Very attentive and friendly staff. Couldn't fault the food or the prosecco. Good value for good and well presented food. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmmmmmDined on 15/9/2014Wonderful food in a great urban setting so indicative of ManchesterSpecial Features:
- Wendywoo50Dined on 13/9/2014We had a super evening at Albert's Shed it was my first visit and will definately return, the Fish Rssotto i choice was very tasty and the complimentary glas of wine for my birthday was a nice touch ,the other people in the party also enjoyed theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJVOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Had a good night, food was spot on,service was good, overall very good, the place is smaller than the Worley Alberts but saying that it is quieter than Worsley, will be going again in November.Special Features:
- Not Good!AllycatDined on 6/9/2014Very busy, poor service - slow. Food ok but lukewarm. Waited 15 mins for the bill. Finally got up to leave at which point the waiter came dashing over obviously thinking we were leaving without paying! This was the quickest service we had experienced all evening!!!! I will not be visiting Albert's Shed again nor will I recommend it. Very overrated!
- Lovely Food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Had a lovely meal, there wasn't a clean plate at any course! Would recommend to try. Prices fair for quality & location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food and serviceTrishCDined on 6/9/2014We had lunch ion Saturday and the service and food were wonderful. James our waiter was very helpful and attentive. I had the crab linguine and my husband had the scallop and monk fish Thai curry both of which were excellent. It was our first time at Alberts and we would certainly recommend and go back.
- Great foodLucky22Dined on 5/9/2014Great place to meet friends in a relaxed atmosphere with fantastic foodSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to come back!PelezDined on 4/9/2014After visiting countless restaurants around Manchester over the years, some bad and some good, we stumbled accross Albert's Shed and most certainly wasn't dissapointed. The food was lovely, as were the staff. The restaurant is in a prime location, just outside of all the hustle and bustle of the centre. All members of our party can't wait to come back again soon and we will definately be recommending to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service2happyfoodiesDined on 1/9/2014We ate lunch at Alberts shed and chose from the set menu . The choice was good and the food was very tasty and well presented . Service was also really good and we will be happy to go back again .Special Features:
- Alberts Shed AmazingPattyDined on 30/8/2014Outside building and eating area Lovely A very warm welcome and shown to our table with a smile and a chat Atmosphere buzzing with happy diners,but intermate at your own table Service very quick Food excellent Price excellent value for amazing food and service I would defiantly be returning and would recommend for anyone to go ManchesterSpecial Features:
- lovely findmungoDined on 30/8/2014On a weekend trip to Manchester we booked table after reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The menu choice is very varied & the starters and main courses were beautifully presented & extremely tasty. The value for money was fantastic & surprisingly we received 20% discount too. Nice location, lovely staff & great food. Will be going back next time visiting Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value lunchGGRichDined on 30/8/2014I went to Alberts on Saturday 30th August for lunch with my husband and 2 teenage daughters. Great value lunch £10.95 for 2 courses. excellent quality food with plenty of choice. Nice relaxed friendly atmosphere and great staff - will be back again very soon!Special Features:
- SuperbRichardLDined on 30/8/2014This is my 3rd visit in the last three months. The food is excellent and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Saturday TreatSwampDuckDined on 30/8/2014Enjoyed a fabulous 3 course lunch at Albert's Shed on Saturday, food and service excellent as always, added bonus was 20% off the bill as a goodwill gesture while the restaurant was shut due to the fire incident. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- wendywendywoo1Dined on 29/8/2014from start to finish the service was great made to feel really welcome very attentive staff the food came quickly and tasted fantastic and with 20% discount when the bill arrived it was fantastic valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant.sambeanie7Dined on 25/8/2014Excellent Food. Exceeds expectations. Service from the staff was impeccable along with the great surrounding location to walk along the canals when the weather is nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Could not fault. Neither of us had ever been to Alberts before. We chose from the 2 for £10.95 menu. We both had the Pulled Ham hock salad to start then the Fish and chip and steak frites for mains. Food was brilliant, service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodSuzylooDined on 25/8/2014Gorgeous meal, lovely wine and great atmosphere. Service was spot on and with 20% off for Alberts Shed re-opening it was excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodieDined on 24/8/2014Lovely afternoon lunch with excellent service. Good atmosphere and great choice of affordable wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loves2dinefinelyDined on 23/8/2014The brilliant food experience is dampened by a canteen-like atmosphere. Waiters clear tables while people are still eating. Noise levels are so bad at times that one cannot have a conversation at one's own table. All these are factors that management can easily influence and remedy by sound proofing the dining area and training their staff adequately. The quality of the food, however, whether vegetarian or not, is out of this world. Compliments to the kitchen!
- Birthday mealSar1jorDined on 23/8/2014The staff offered me a free drink as it was my birthday, the manager recognised that I was pregnant so I got a free mocktail. All my friends evens the fussy eaters found a dish they enjoyed. Great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberts ShedGaz25Dined on 23/8/2014Enjoyed a fabulous evening on Saturday night at Alberts Shed.Special Features:
- WIll come again and again..ManarDined on 22/8/2014Absolutely fantastic. We had a very good night. Food and service were first class.Special Features:
- Gotta love Albert'sfoodierayeDined on 22/8/2014This is my second visit to a restaraunt in this group, and it won't be my last. I have been for a group celebration meal, and for an intimate dinner for two. Both times it was a fitting choice. The food is gorgeous and the service is second to none. A biggie for me too is the free parking, it's the little things! Overall I highly recommend this venue. We were treated to 20% off too as were all diners this week, due to the fire that had them closed for some weeks. Wasn't even our fault but we reaped a reward! Seriously though, I highly recommend Albert's Shed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food excellent servicePreholdinnerDined on 22/8/2014A wonderful restaurant not only excellent food but brilliant service. Catered for all our needs as well as being very accommodating for our 5 year olds needs. Also lovely outdoor heated area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Night OutoldstersDined on 21/8/2014It's great to see the Shed open again and living up to its deserved reputation. We had first class food, a very acceptable bottle of wine and (more or less) attentive service in an elegant environment. A really good evening. The only suggestion we would make is to extend the pasta options without chilli. Our thanks to all the very professional staff.
- Great place.KevskieDined on 21/8/2014This was our 4th visit to Albert's Shed. My husband and myself. We don't live near enough to frequent more, otherwise we would. We did receive the 25% discount that they were offering due to reopening after a fire, but this was a bonus as all our visits have been really good. The service was very pleasant, with friendly conversation from our server. The atmosphere was good. A nice amount of people without being overbearing. Just right for a midweek lunch. We even managed to sit by the window looking over the canal. We tried different dishes to what we would normally chose. All were delicious. my soup e!specially which was cucumber and mint... yummy. All in all a fab experience. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time special occasion placesuffern1954Dined on 20/8/2014booked for 4 people, service and ambience great but must admit, if you are a vegetarian/vegan, don't eat shellfish or pork the choices are some what limited. What we ate was very tasty, done well and hot (a rarity in most places). I would reserve this for special occasions and as such dress the part. There is limited parking directly in front of the place but plenty of parking around the corner. The noise level inside was such that I could carry on a conversation without shouting, again a rarity in most places today. Bottom Line: would I go again: Definitely!!Special Features:
- Excellentandy0774Dined on 20/8/2014Excellent lunch for my birthday!! Good menu choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014Nice to see this place opening again after the unfortunate kitchen fire they had, this was my 4th visit here and probably the best so far to be honest. Took my son here after work both had a fillet steak which was cooked to perfection, great service as usual where you are always given good personal attention. One thing I must add, they were giving a discount due to customers coming back to eat there after the fire and re-opening which was only the day before we ate there, this was supposed to be deducted off our bill but they forgot to take it off, HOWEVER, we were stopped in our tracks leaving and a gentleman, who I will pressume was the head waiter or manager handed us our discount and apologised. Great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be backLynneMacDined on 19/8/2014Have eaten in Alberts Shed several times and was delighted to be back after their fire. Great food and amazing value as up to 6pm on a weekday you can get the fab £10.95 2 course menu. My food was lovely and they even went out of their wine to give a glass of champagne to my friend when I told them it was her birthday. Service was great as always.Special Features:
- eatingout1Dined on 18/8/2014Arrived early, but that was not a problem. We were shown to a window table overlooking the terrace as requested . Service prompt, young lady attentive, knowledgable of the menue and polite. The madarin & basil sauce served with the panacottta was devine! Throughly enjoyed a Monday night out with 20% off the bill to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed restaurant, communication 0AnnoyedDined on 19/7/2014Made a booking online, even had an email reminding us about booking on Fri, arrived Sat eve with two children in tow for my birthday meal, to be told that they had had a kitchen fire Thurs evening and were closed, OK fine but with all the communication technology available no-one had bothered to inform us, even sending a booking reminder AFTER fire !!! RUBBISH
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 19/7/2014meal was cancelled by alberts shed due to fire very dissappointedI would recommend this to a friend.