20 Castle street, Castlefield
Manchester, M3 4LZNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertsshed.com/
- Phone: 01618399818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Becky Bardsley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Castlefield Rooms offer a boutique, out of the ordinary, venue in central Manchester, in a stunning position within a conservation area on the banks of the Bridgewater Canal. With a superb location in Manchester City Centre, near all major transport links, complimentary on site parking and the highest levels of service and cuisine, the Castlefield Rooms are the perfect venue to hold your wedding, corporate event or party.
We offer a choice of three contrasting spaces for anything from 25 to 250 guests together with a range of competitively priced event packages. The versatility of the spaces is also reflected in the variety of menus available from the acclaimed kitchens of Albert’s Shed Restaurant and Dukes 92 which are located on the same site as The Castlefield Rooms.
Whichever space you decide on you will have our dedicated Events Team on hand to ensure the smooth and efficient running of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Ramsbottom 01618396856
- Public Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station.
If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station.
If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602.
Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: Ample parking available, either on the street directly outside the restaurant or in free car parks around the venue
A word from Albert's Shed
Albert’s Shed is a stylish city centre restaurant with the advantage of a location at the centre of the Castlefield canal basin. The restaurant has ample car parking for business lunches and provides a picturesque and secure environment for weekend and evening dining out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Albert's Shed - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Albert's Shed reviews from OpenTable diners
590 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (372)outdoor eating (248)fit for foodies (234)romance (221)group bookings (203)business meals (174)sunday lunch (164)outstanding value (164)pre/post theatre (149)brunch (115)good vegetarian options (67)afternoon tea (64)child friendly (60)disabled access (56)Show More
- Abert's Shed - not much to like!SmegthedragonDined on 27/9/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary and wished I hadn't. The location, atmosphere and actual restaurant are OK but the food is more hype than any good. The prices are at the top of the scale but are no where near worth it. Hot starters arrived within 3 minutes of placing the order - not a good sign and my chicken livers were lukewarm with my wife's tuna dry and overdone - signs that they were not cooked to order and were pre-made. We were warned that the tuna and the lamb I ordered would be pink - it had been a while earlier in the day that they had been pink! My wife's fish was OK but not that well prepared. In summary, only go here if it's big party or business meal where the price and quality won't matter - too expensive otherwiseSpecial Features:
- Excellent service made eveningDaveTDined on 27/9/2014We went as a place to finish my wife's 60th birthday after taking in a show. The service was excellent from start to finish and the food maintained the high standard, beautiful sole cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawman23Dined on 27/9/2014great location, excellent food and service, will return when next in ManchesterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthenderDined on 27/9/2014The venison was unbelievable, possibly the best dish I've ever had! The cheese and onion pie amazing and the service was fantastic. The only reason for 4 stars rather than 5 for ambiance was due to the noise because it was so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberts - Raw is the new PinkScoffaneesterDined on 27/9/2014Alberts restaurant scores high on service and the space looks clean and well organised. Decent selection of food and wine all served up by friendly staff. The let down is the cooking. Dont get me wrong its OK and the ingredients are good but the cooking lets them down. Sea bass which is probably the easiest thing to cook, came with soggy skin- should be crispy. My wife had Lamb which was served up raw? They say on the menu its served pink, but this was simply raw. I recon the cooks think its trendy to flash stuff round a hot pan bang it on a plate. We obviously sent it back for cooking. Pity really, apart from the food this is a good start to night out in Manchester. Id go again, salads look good :)Special Features:
- Lunch specialBrownersDined on 27/9/2014Visited with my mam for late lunch on saturday. We sat outside and it was lovely and warm with the heaters on. Brilliant service and delicious food. Excellent value for lunch xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could of been betterBrandez82Dined on 27/9/2014Visited Alberts Shed on a Saturday afternoon, restaurant was very busy. We arrived early so were taken to a waiting area with sofas which was very nice but we had to wait 15 minutes for a waiter to come take our drinks order. Whilst waiting for the drinks we could of been browsing the menu but we hadn't been given any. Drinks arrived and we were shown to our table. Starters arrived promptly followed by our main course. We wanted to order more drinks but our waitress was tied up with other tables, 2 of which were large groups including a wedding party. 3 times we asked for a glass of wine by the time it arrived we wanted the bill, this took another 20 minutes. Maybe more many diners than the restaurant could handle, more staff was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbienceP88EBBDined on 23/9/2014The food was great, and the atmosphere was good considering that it was a Tuesday. However, our drinks order wasn't delivered correctly, we weren't given a choice of sauces for one main course contrary to the menu, and the conduct of the more senior members of the service team did not appear to be particularly professional/caring. We might have just been unlucky so I'll happily go there again and would feel comfortable recommending to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albert is one of my best friends!CheshirehardyDined on 23/9/2014We ate again at Albert's shed on Tuesday evening before the theatre. I continue to be bowled over by the quality of the food. I had the monkfish and prawn red thai curry which was fabulous! I can't recommend it highly enough. My only niggle is that in the past the side wall tables in the restaurant can be gloomy. Last time we had to ask to move as it was too dark to read the menu! Please Albert get some more lights and you'll be perfect!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningWatts2bDined on 21/9/2014Had a great meal for a special birthday. Service was excellent and food very nice. Couldn't fault it, really enjoyed the evening and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/9/2014Hi. Thanks for requesting feedback. We have fined at Alberts shed on many occasions and it is one of our favourite restaurants. We regret that on Sunday we were quite disappointed with the standard of our food. Not at all up to usual standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Sun. Lunch/Early pre theatre!ElliebeancountDined on 21/9/2014Arrived 4.30 Sunday afternoon and was immediately offered choice of tables to ensure our needs were met. Service was good although drinks took over 10 minutes to arrive the remainder of the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaffa65Dined on 20/9/2014The staff & food were both excellent as normal. We just enjoy this place as its level of service & food (especially the specials menu) are extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQ1959Dined on 20/9/2014Excellent food and really friendly and helpful staff Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday specialAMSkiDined on 20/9/2014Visited Albert's Shed many times - different occasions different seasons and company but always good. Will be returning again soon. Great for family birthdays or romantic meals alike. Well done and keep up the standard!Special Features:
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014We have eaten here several times since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodmarinemec2004Dined on 19/9/2014Our 4th time at Albert's Shed. We went for a late lunch on Saturday and ate around 1445hrs. Outstanding service from Guillaume who looked after us throughout our dining experience. The food as ever was superb. cannot be bettered -highly recommended to ALL!Special Features:
- Lovely lunchSaSaForDined on 19/9/2014Had a lovely lunch - sat outside but with a heater on. Nice atmosphere. Very attentive and friendly staff. Couldn't fault the food or the prosecco. Good value for good and well presented food. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmmmmmDined on 15/9/2014Wonderful food in a great urban setting so indicative of ManchesterSpecial Features:
- Wendywoo50Dined on 13/9/2014We had a super evening at Albert's Shed it was my first visit and will definately return, the Fish Rssotto i choice was very tasty and the complimentary glas of wine for my birthday was a nice touch ,the other people in the party also enjoyed theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJVOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Had a good night, food was spot on,service was good, overall very good, the place is smaller than the Worley Alberts but saying that it is quieter than Worsley, will be going again in November.Special Features:
- Not Good!AllycatDined on 6/9/2014Very busy, poor service - slow. Food ok but lukewarm. Waited 15 mins for the bill. Finally got up to leave at which point the waiter came dashing over obviously thinking we were leaving without paying! This was the quickest service we had experienced all evening!!!! I will not be visiting Albert's Shed again nor will I recommend it. Very overrated!
- Lovely Food at reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Had a lovely meal, there wasn't a clean plate at any course! Would recommend to try. Prices fair for quality & location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food and serviceTrishCDined on 6/9/2014We had lunch ion Saturday and the service and food were wonderful. James our waiter was very helpful and attentive. I had the crab linguine and my husband had the scallop and monk fish Thai curry both of which were excellent. It was our first time at Alberts and we would certainly recommend and go back.
- Great foodLucky22Dined on 5/9/2014Great place to meet friends in a relaxed atmosphere with fantastic foodSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to come back!PelezDined on 4/9/2014After visiting countless restaurants around Manchester over the years, some bad and some good, we stumbled accross Albert's Shed and most certainly wasn't dissapointed. The food was lovely, as were the staff. The restaurant is in a prime location, just outside of all the hustle and bustle of the centre. All members of our party can't wait to come back again soon and we will definately be recommending to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service2happyfoodiesDined on 1/9/2014We ate lunch at Alberts shed and chose from the set menu . The choice was good and the food was very tasty and well presented . Service was also really good and we will be happy to go back again .Special Features:
- Alberts Shed AmazingPattyDined on 30/8/2014Outside building and eating area Lovely A very warm welcome and shown to our table with a smile and a chat Atmosphere buzzing with happy diners,but intermate at your own table Service very quick Food excellent Price excellent value for amazing food and service I would defiantly be returning and would recommend for anyone to go ManchesterSpecial Features:
- lovely findmungoDined on 30/8/2014On a weekend trip to Manchester we booked table after reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. The menu choice is very varied & the starters and main courses were beautifully presented & extremely tasty. The value for money was fantastic & surprisingly we received 20% discount too. Nice location, lovely staff & great food. Will be going back next time visiting Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value lunchGGRichDined on 30/8/2014I went to Alberts on Saturday 30th August for lunch with my husband and 2 teenage daughters. Great value lunch £10.95 for 2 courses. excellent quality food with plenty of choice. Nice relaxed friendly atmosphere and great staff - will be back again very soon!Special Features:
- SuperbRichardLDined on 30/8/2014This is my 3rd visit in the last three months. The food is excellent and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- Saturday TreatSwampDuckDined on 30/8/2014Enjoyed a fabulous 3 course lunch at Albert's Shed on Saturday, food and service excellent as always, added bonus was 20% off the bill as a goodwill gesture while the restaurant was shut due to the fire incident. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- wendywendywoo1Dined on 29/8/2014from start to finish the service was great made to feel really welcome very attentive staff the food came quickly and tasted fantastic and with 20% discount when the bill arrived it was fantastic valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant.sambeanie7Dined on 25/8/2014Excellent Food. Exceeds expectations. Service from the staff was impeccable along with the great surrounding location to walk along the canals when the weather is nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/8/2014Could not fault. Neither of us had ever been to Alberts before. We chose from the 2 for £10.95 menu. We both had the Pulled Ham hock salad to start then the Fish and chip and steak frites for mains. Food was brilliant, service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodSuzylooDined on 25/8/2014Gorgeous meal, lovely wine and great atmosphere. Service was spot on and with 20% off for Alberts Shed re-opening it was excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodieDined on 24/8/2014Lovely afternoon lunch with excellent service. Good atmosphere and great choice of affordable wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealSar1jorDined on 23/8/2014The staff offered me a free drink as it was my birthday, the manager recognised that I was pregnant so I got a free mocktail. All my friends evens the fussy eaters found a dish they enjoyed. Great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loves2dinefinelyDined on 23/8/2014The brilliant food experience is dampened by a canteen-like atmosphere. Waiters clear tables while people are still eating. Noise levels are so bad at times that one cannot have a conversation at one's own table. All these are factors that management can easily influence and remedy by sound proofing the dining area and training their staff adequately. The quality of the food, however, whether vegetarian or not, is out of this world. Compliments to the kitchen!
- Alberts ShedGaz25Dined on 23/8/2014Enjoyed a fabulous evening on Saturday night at Alberts Shed.Special Features: