20 Castle street, Castlefield
Manchester, M3 4LZNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertsshed.com/
- Phone: 0161 839 9818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Becky Bardsley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Castlefield Rooms offer a boutique, out of the ordinary, venue in central Manchester, in a stunning position within a conservation area on the banks of the Bridgewater Canal. With a superb location in Manchester City Centre, near all major transport links, complimentary on site parking and the highest levels of service and cuisine, the Castlefield Rooms are the perfect venue to hold your wedding, corporate event or party.
We offer a choice of three contrasting spaces for anything from 25 to 250 guests together with a range of competitively priced event packages. The versatility of the spaces is also reflected in the variety of menus available from the acclaimed kitchens of Albert’s Shed Restaurant and Dukes 92 which are located on the same site as The Castlefield Rooms.
Whichever space you decide on you will have our dedicated Events Team on hand to ensure the smooth and efficient running of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Ramsbottom 01618396856
- Public Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station.
If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station.
If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602.
Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: Ample parking available, either on the street directly outside the restaurant or in free car parks around the venue
A word from Albert's Shed
Albert’s Shed is a stylish city centre restaurant with the advantage of a location at the centre of the Castlefield canal basin. The restaurant has ample car parking for business lunches and provides a picturesque and secure environment for weekend and evening dining out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Albert's Shed - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Albert's Shed reviews from OpenTable diners
601 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (381)outdoor eating (253)fit for foodies (245)romance (235)group bookings (207)business meals (177)outstanding value (173)sunday lunch (166)pre/post theatre (163)brunch (110)good vegetarian options (68)child friendly (65)afternoon tea (64)disabled access (58)Show More
- Alberts shed is spot on!!Pnut369Dined on 22/11/2014We loved coming here, it was a relaxed atmosphere the staff were very attentive and the food well..... It was spot on!!! Just what we needed after a week of stressful work. A***** try it you will love it too.😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat nightHellsbellsDined on 22/11/2014Had a really good meal, food was excellent, good choice, waitress was very helpful, would defo come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Friday 21st NovemberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/11/2014Have been to this restaurant before and always had a great meal. This time our party all had different starters, mains and deserts. Each was fantastic. Service great and even with each guest having an after meal drink plus wine with the meal, great value meal at under £200 for four. Best experience we've had. Enjoyed our night far more than the usual San Carlos.... All the staff were very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening bookingallthemonksDined on 21/11/2014We booked an early meal for 4 pre theatre and was not disappointed! We were offered the lunch menu (available until 6pm) which proved to be excellent value, although I think the portion sizes are smaller so may not suit a healthy appetite. The food and service was second to none and I will return!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/11/2014All staff were wonderful and courteous. James was a particular credit to you. The food was lovely. 100% recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend this restaurantMuzzDined on 19/11/2014The food was excellent and there is a good choice on the menu to suit all tastes inc fussy eaters and children. Only complaint is that the size of the portions were a little small, especially the starters. Good quality thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningFi0508Dined on 18/11/2014We were only grabbing something quick on a tuesday evening but ended up stay for 3 courses and plenty of drinks. Amazing menu, Could of tried everythng and definitly coming back. Great service all staff were friendly and attentive even though there was only a few of us in the resturant. Also very accomodating for my sister who was on crutchs. My parents said it was the best meal they've had since being on holiday (and they go out a lot). Overall really great night and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Excellent Food, Good ValueThePedallingPedantDined on 18/11/2014A party of seven taking a late afternoon pre-concert meal we where all impressed with both food and service - sixteen dishes and not one poor or even indifferent. Rabbit gnocci starter a highlight. Staff attentive without being over bearing, though only a few tables taken on an late autumn Tuesday afternnon, and coping well with a pepper sensitive person. A short list of decent wines at reasonable prices kept the bill under control. Can unquestionably recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014Pie and peas starter was amazing and the chocolate volcano was to die for yum yum will deffo go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageVeryAverageDined on 14/11/2014Went last summer, food was outstanding, this time food was average, bit tastless and luke warm. We were running late and the waiting staff stopped us eating/talking 3 or 4 times to warn us that we would have to give up the table, then. found space elsewhere, which was annoying. Overall, very average :(I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014A bit tricky to find but worth the effort as the location is lovely. Excellent staff and service. Very good food at a very reasonable price for the city centre.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchWllliamKLDined on 9/11/2014Alberts was the venue for my daughter and grand daughters birthday lunch and as always they did not let us down with excellent service and food Well done AlbertsSpecial Features:
- Great food, fantastic servicethe2thatdineDined on 7/11/2014Our service was absolutely fantastic. Confident, assured and knowledgeable and very attentive, she was very friendly. The food was also fantastic!Special Features:
- All good as alwaysMitchDined on 4/11/2014Service and food very good as always. Would recommend Albert's shed to everyone.
- Albert's ShedPorkerDined on 3/11/2014Excellent evening, staff helpful, friendly and attentive, food superb.Special Features:
- ExcellentLizzieDined on 3/11/2014We had a lovely Pre theatre dinner. The food was all served promptly and was delicious.Special Features:
- Consistently fabulous food!CheshirehardyDined on 3/11/2014We visited Albert's Shed for the fourth time for a pre-concert dinner. The food was fabulous once again - the thai red fish curry is just fabulous! We had a cheeseboard between three people and it was more than enough - really nice artisan crackers and good chunks of excellent cheese. the goats cheese was to die for! If you haven't been you don't know what you're missing!Special Features:
- allaboutthefoodDined on 2/11/2014Have been several times to Albert's Shed - usually on work do's on busy Friday evenings so it was nice to try it on a Sunday with my husband. It had a different vibe but still ambient. My only criticism is that we were seated very closely to another table when there was plenty of room to sit elsewhere, especially as we wanted a private chat. Otherwise food lovely and good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningQualityDined on 1/11/2014Booked on the Internet, great food and service staff could not do enough for you,Quality of food was excellent, Thought the wine was expensive thou you eat in Manchester you pay the price £23.00 bottle of presseco, Thanks againSpecial Features:
- FantasticLaurenhDined on 1/11/2014Ate here one Saturday night for my birthday with friends! Food was outstanding! Will definitely be coming again xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavouriteapairoffoodiesDined on 1/11/2014Always enjoy eating at Albert Shed be it a lunch time special or evening dining - its our 'special time' restaurant. Food is great without being stupidly expensive and service always pleasant and polite. Will keep going.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastickiawolfDined on 1/11/2014Everything was just perfect. Excellent choice of menu, excellent service and the food was beautiful - what more can I say other than sheer perfection. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Alberta Shed Food with the GirlsSavmacDined on 1/11/2014Seven of us enjoyed the lunchtime menu which is a great price. The welcome was lovely, the food great and our waiter was exceptional. Loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayPeterWhiteShoesDined on 1/11/2014My wife and I visited fir the first time yesterday, what a fantastic place. The waiter was extremely helpful and friendly but not pushy in any way. We intended having the a la carte menu, but the £10.95 lunchtime menu seemed good so we went for that. I had the fillet steak skewer which was really good, my wife had the smoked salmon, also really good. We both went for the fish of the day which was sea bass, which again was excellent. The ambiance, and view over the canal help make it a special place to visit, which we certainly will in the near future.
- Excellent experienceJeffesrjDined on 1/11/2014Picking a restaurant from the web can be hit or miss but in this case the reviews were spot on, our first visit will not be the last when visiting Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely lovely atmosphereGreat4twoDined on 31/10/2014Dinner was served on time and the entire services provided was amazing. From coat collection in rack to taking order and payment. Would highly recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening DinnerSankeysukDined on 31/10/2014Another enjoyable meal at Albert"s Shed, the food and service always good here , we had the lunch menu 2 COURSES FOR £10.95 , outstanding ValueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food experiencesmallgirlbigapetiteDined on 25/10/2014Brought my boyfriend to a surprise dinner at Albert's Shed and we were surprised at how delicious the food tasted. All meals were outstanding and to be frank one of the best meals I've ever had. The pulled pork in a jar was fantastic, and I enjoyed the Sea bass and Creme Brulee. Ambience was good though we were a little close to the table next to us. Service was quick and waiters were friendly.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatJoWoodDined on 25/10/2014I booked a birthday treat for my daughters 20th Birthday. The staff made it even more special with the table dressed with glitter and a glass of fizz presented to my daughter on our arrival. the food was excellent and wasn't rushed. the staff were constantly attentive and aware of our needs, down to the birthday candle in our dessert. I will defiantly be returning. Thanks Albert Shed.Special Features:
- OutstandingJimboDined on 25/10/2014After previously been deprived a visit due to the recent kitchen fire, I was looking forward to this visit as my wife had been before and sang the praises of the restaurant. My expectations were rewarded as the whole experience was sublime from start to finish. Three courses of fantastic cuisine coupled with attentive, but not over bearing service. I have not had a three course meal where each dish was as exceptional as any I have tasted previously. I would certainly recommend this excellent eateries and will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Excellent!MadMarkDined on 24/10/2014This was our first time dining at Albert's Shed and we'll certainly be returning. Lovely decor that whilst modern was still warm and had great ambience without being overbearing. The food was fantastic and the menu had plenty of choice. The service was especially good from the moment you walked through the door with the maitre d' remembering little things such as your particular coats and that it was a birthday meal, and the waiters and waitresses being attentive and friendly without interrupting your meal. The free parking literally outside the restaurant was a bonus too. Top notch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/10/2014Had an enjoyable meal here to celebrate our sons graduation. The waitress was extremely pleasant and efficient even providing a complimentary glass of prosecco for the graduation boy! The food and ambiance were both excellent and made it a memorable ocasionSpecial Features:
- Loved Albert's ShedSonjDined on 19/10/2014We had a great time at Albert's Shed. The food was great and so was the service. The Server was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Some of my traveling party are very picky eaters and they were very happy with the menu. It was the last night of our vacation and was the perfect meal to remember England by!Special Features:
- Amazing foodPolly30Dined on 18/10/2014We went to Alberta shead for a wedding anniversary meal on sat night, we booked it late but still go a table. The service was brill and the food was just amazing. Great value for money and I will defo be going back and telling my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chateaubriand I've ever hadmdehutchDined on 18/10/2014We were a few minutes early so were shown to the 'lounge' area while our table was reset. Disappointing that we were there for 10 minutes and not asked if we wanted a drink. Once we got to the table, everything was superb! Attentive waiter and stunning food! The chateaubriand was outstanding. Full of flavour, moist and juicy. We were also offered extra chips (homemade, giant chunky sticks of delight!) and veg if we needed which is included in the price. A little pricey at £240 for 6 of us but that included a couple of bottles of wine and a couple of cocktails. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!LovinmafoodDined on 18/10/2014Went to Alberts by chance as so many places to choose from - what a find!! Fab place, great buzzing atmosphere, lovely staff who were very helpful and the food was lush!! Finished with drinks outside under the patio heaters people watching would definitely recommend and as Arnie says, "I'll be back" :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albert's shed pre-theatre meal x4profdmDined on 18/10/2014Food and service was fine, but the restaurant was very noisy (Friday evening) and clearly caters for the younger set with established hearing impairments.Special Features:
- Fabulous TimeLinnyLooDined on 18/10/2014Fantastic surroundings, great atmosphere, affordable wine, fabulous food, spoilt for choice - the mini warm eccles cakes with clotted cream, were 'to die for'. We are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchqualityfoodieDined on 18/10/2014setting was great....service fabulous - every waiter was attentive ( we had a young girl serving for the majority of our meal & she was charming) Food great - well presented. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great Birthday MealEllis14Dined on 18/10/2014Visited here for sons 18th birthday meal. Our waiter was brilliant, very attentive and even brought my son a peice of brownie with a candle on as it was his birthday. Good was excellent, fresh and tasty and would definitely dine here again. Only downside is that when its a group booking of more than 6 they charge a discretionary service charge of 10% which I usually wouldn't mind paying but asked our waiter if it went to them. He said no it goes to the company!!!! Told him to take it off our bill and we gave him the money instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.