20 Castle street, Castlefield
Manchester, M3 4LZNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertsshed.com/
- Phone: 01618399818
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm;
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Becky Bardsley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Castlefield Rooms offer a boutique, out of the ordinary, venue in central Manchester, in a stunning position within a conservation area on the banks of the Bridgewater Canal. With a superb location in Manchester City Centre, near all major transport links, complimentary on site parking and the highest levels of service and cuisine, the Castlefield Rooms are the perfect venue to hold your wedding, corporate event or party.
We offer a choice of three contrasting spaces for anything from 25 to 250 guests together with a range of competitively priced event packages. The versatility of the spaces is also reflected in the variety of menus available from the acclaimed kitchens of Albert’s Shed Restaurant and Dukes 92 which are located on the same site as The Castlefield Rooms.
Whichever space you decide on you will have our dedicated Events Team on hand to ensure the smooth and efficient running of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Ramsbottom 01618396856
- Public Transit: If arriving by train - we are a 2 minute walk from Deansgate train station and a short taxi ride from Piccadilly Station.
If arriving by Metrolink - we are a 5 minute walk from G-Mex Metrolink station.
If arriving by road we are very close to the end of both the M56 and M602.
Look out for The Beetham Tower (Hilton Hotel)
- Parking: Private Car Park
- Parking Details: Ample parking available, either on the street directly outside the restaurant or in free car parks around the venue
A word from Albert's Shed
Albert’s Shed is a stylish city centre restaurant with the advantage of a location at the centre of the Castlefield canal basin. The restaurant has ample car parking for business lunches and provides a picturesque and secure environment for weekend and evening dining out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Albert's Shed - Best restaurants in Manchester ›
Albert's Shed reviews from OpenTable diners
591 reviews since 20 October 2013
special occasions (375)outdoor eating (252)fit for foodies (238)romance (224)group bookings (209)business meals (179)outstanding value (167)sunday lunch (167)pre/post theatre (156)brunch (118)good vegetarian options (75)child friendly (67)afternoon tea (66)disabled access (64)Show More
- Amazing foodPolly30Dined on 18/10/2014We went to Alberta shead for a wedding anniversary meal on sat night, we booked it late but still go a table. The service was brill and the food was just amazing. Great value for money and I will defo be going back and telling my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!LovinmafoodDined on 18/10/2014Went to Alberts by chance as so many places to choose from - what a find!! Fab place, great buzzing atmosphere, lovely staff who were very helpful and the food was lush!! Finished with drinks outside under the patio heaters people watching would definitely recommend and as Arnie says, "I'll be back" :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albert's shed pre-theatre meal x4profdmDined on 18/10/2014Food and service was fine, but the restaurant was very noisy (Friday evening) and clearly caters for the younger set with established hearing impairments.Special Features:
- Saturday lunchqualityfoodieDined on 18/10/2014setting was great....service fabulous - every waiter was attentive ( we had a young girl serving for the majority of our meal & she was charming) Food great - well presented. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great Birthday MealEllis14Dined on 18/10/2014Visited here for sons 18th birthday meal. Our waiter was brilliant, very attentive and even brought my son a peice of brownie with a candle on as it was his birthday. Good was excellent, fresh and tasty and would definitely dine here again. Only downside is that when its a group booking of more than 6 they charge a discretionary service charge of 10% which I usually wouldn't mind paying but asked our waiter if it went to them. He said no it goes to the company!!!! Told him to take it off our bill and we gave him the money instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at Albert shedNicky27Dined on 17/10/2014Albert's shed is a 'posh' dining experience but a venue where you can still feel relaxed. The staff were very attentive but without constant interruption. The only negative about the venue is the location of the toilets (not an issue for me but down several stairs with a slippy surface) food was amazing. As it was Friday some of us don't eat meat (religious) we found the choice on the menu varied enough for all diners. We had starters and mains and I had plate envy for everyone's choices. The food was hot, tasty, beautifully presented, and price matched for the quality. Def worth a visit for any occasion - if on a budget go for the early bird menu at a reduced rateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very disappointing experienceDisappointedcustomer1Dined on 15/10/2014A very disappointing experience. The staff were unattentive and very slow. They missed out orders and the complimentary bread for keeping us waiting at the beginning didn't seem to propel them into better service. They continued to miss orders and delay service of the main. I had to get up a few times just to call someone over for service. The food was uninspiring and very badly presented. Everything felt dated with little flare shown by the Chef.Special Features:
- A lovely mealThatoMDined on 11/10/2014My girlfriend and I went out for a meal and drinks and this was our first time here. We visit Alberts in didsbury regularly and thats the reason we thought we would try out Albert's Shed. We had a great first time experience there with the food being at the same standard as the didsbury restaurant. We did get short changed slightly, when paying, but I truly believe it was a genuine mistake and still left a tip regardless. We will be returning here soon hopefully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glolaDined on 11/10/2014nice food but very small portions. A real let down. 6 monts ago the food was equally good and the portions were too.
- Albert's never disappointsJennyCDined on 11/10/2014Great food. Excellent, helpful service. Some especially tasty new after dinner dessert cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePhil1Dined on 11/10/2014Great place to eat , the food was spot on and the service was great, the waiter couldn't do enough for you without being annoying would defiantly reccomand this place to anyone whether it's for a family meal I.e birthdays etc or to dates / special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visit!Gem88Dined on 11/10/2014Brilliant service, food was amazing and reasonably priced for the quality you receive, must visit if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experiencebenn87Dined on 11/10/2014Lovely meal for my mum's birthday. Birthday prosecco & cake went down a treat. Great food, nice atmosphere & good service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014i went with three friends to celebrate my birthday. It was a busy Friday night and yet the food was excellent and the service friendly and efficient. I would strongly recommend Albert's Shed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceColboDined on 5/10/2014Ambience, service and food will not disappoint the most discerning diner. The chef certainly knows his trade and the waitress service was helpful, professional and cheerful. Highly recommended for anyone in the Manchester area.Special Features:
- BrilliantDinerDined on 4/10/2014The food and the service were outstanding and I would definitely recommend it and visit again myselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationloubylouDined on 4/10/2014we went for a birthday meal ..went early doors excellent service to start off..but when it started getting busy the service became poor ...food excellent and good value for money though ..had said it was for and 18th and when we have been to other restaurants they have remembered things like this and just piped happy birthday on dessert plate ..this is a good touch and would have been nice on this occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desired DiningRSBrasnettDined on 3/10/2014Restaurant selected for its reputation for Fish & Chips - deservedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atomsphereholmesyDined on 2/10/2014Great Service and quality food especially the Daily specials menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSandDined on 2/10/2014Everything was lovely - food was amazing. We were in there for 4 hours and never once felt rushed.Special Features:
- Good StuffGingerpumpkinDined on 1/10/2014Great food, efficient and friendly staff. Reasonably priced. That's all you need to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star service all round!GreatFoodDined on 29/9/2014Decided to come to Alberts Shed for a family birthday meal. We where all amazed at the very high quality of the food as well as the presentation. The menu itself offers something to enjoy whatever your favourite food might be as well as the very delicious daily specials. We were all treated with the highest courtesy and all staff members were very friendly and went beyond what is normally expected from a restaurant, for this I thank them and highly recommend Alberts Shed Castlefield!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onLellybellyDined on 29/9/2014We were in a relatively large group and it was a work farewell lunch. (12:15-14:00) Alberts wasnt that busy so I can only comment on the service we got on that basis. The menu is extensive and there is somwthing on there to suit almost everyone. The selection is well thought out with some exciting twists to traditional themes. The staff are really efficient, friendly and helpful, service was prompt. I thought for the location, menu and brand image Alberts shed is going for it was excellent value. And I would go there again and recommnend it.Special Features:
- Abert's Shed - not much to like!SmegthedragonDined on 27/9/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary and wished I hadn't. The location, atmosphere and actual restaurant are OK but the food is more hype than any good. The prices are at the top of the scale but are no where near worth it. Hot starters arrived within 3 minutes of placing the order - not a good sign and my chicken livers were lukewarm with my wife's tuna dry and overdone - signs that they were not cooked to order and were pre-made. We were warned that the tuna and the lamb I ordered would be pink - it had been a while earlier in the day that they had been pink! My wife's fish was OK but not that well prepared. In summary, only go here if it's big party or business meal where the price and quality won't matter - too expensive otherwiseSpecial Features:
- Excellent service made eveningDaveTDined on 27/9/2014We went as a place to finish my wife's 60th birthday after taking in a show. The service was excellent from start to finish and the food maintained the high standard, beautiful sole cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hawman23Dined on 27/9/2014great location, excellent food and service, will return when next in ManchesterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthenderDined on 27/9/2014The venison was unbelievable, possibly the best dish I've ever had! The cheese and onion pie amazing and the service was fantastic. The only reason for 4 stars rather than 5 for ambiance was due to the noise because it was so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for large groupsRJMJDined on 27/9/2014We went to Albert Shed on a Saturday night whilst in Manchester on Business. As we had 9 of us we had to order off the set menu but found there to be a good choice for everyone- They were accomodating for one of the guests who has a dairy intolerance and allowed her to order a dish off the main menu. The service was very good and everyone really enjoyed the meals- the cheese and onion pie was a particular hit by those that had it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberts - Raw is the new PinkScoffaneesterDined on 27/9/2014Alberts restaurant scores high on service and the space looks clean and well organised. Decent selection of food and wine all served up by friendly staff. The let down is the cooking. Dont get me wrong its OK and the ingredients are good but the cooking lets them down. Sea bass which is probably the easiest thing to cook, came with soggy skin- should be crispy. My wife had Lamb which was served up raw? They say on the menu its served pink, but this was simply raw. I recon the cooks think its trendy to flash stuff round a hot pan bang it on a plate. We obviously sent it back for cooking. Pity really, apart from the food this is a good start to night out in Manchester. Id go again, salads look good :)Special Features:
- Lunch specialBrownersDined on 27/9/2014Visited with my mam for late lunch on saturday. We sat outside and it was lovely and warm with the heaters on. Brilliant service and delicious food. Excellent value for lunch xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could of been betterBrandez82Dined on 27/9/2014Visited Alberts Shed on a Saturday afternoon, restaurant was very busy. We arrived early so were taken to a waiting area with sofas which was very nice but we had to wait 15 minutes for a waiter to come take our drinks order. Whilst waiting for the drinks we could of been browsing the menu but we hadn't been given any. Drinks arrived and we were shown to our table. Starters arrived promptly followed by our main course. We wanted to order more drinks but our waitress was tied up with other tables, 2 of which were large groups including a wedding party. 3 times we asked for a glass of wine by the time it arrived we wanted the bill, this took another 20 minutes. Maybe more many diners than the restaurant could handle, more staff was needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbienceP88EBBDined on 23/9/2014The food was great, and the atmosphere was good considering that it was a Tuesday. However, our drinks order wasn't delivered correctly, we weren't given a choice of sauces for one main course contrary to the menu, and the conduct of the more senior members of the service team did not appear to be particularly professional/caring. We might have just been unlucky so I'll happily go there again and would feel comfortable recommending to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albert is one of my best friends!CheshirehardyDined on 23/9/2014We ate again at Albert's shed on Tuesday evening before the theatre. I continue to be bowled over by the quality of the food. I had the monkfish and prawn red thai curry which was fabulous! I can't recommend it highly enough. My only niggle is that in the past the side wall tables in the restaurant can be gloomy. Last time we had to ask to move as it was too dark to read the menu! Please Albert get some more lights and you'll be perfect!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningWatts2bDined on 21/9/2014Had a great meal for a special birthday. Service was excellent and food very nice. Couldn't fault it, really enjoyed the evening and would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/9/2014Hi. Thanks for requesting feedback. We have fined at Alberts shed on many occasions and it is one of our favourite restaurants. We regret that on Sunday we were quite disappointed with the standard of our food. Not at all up to usual standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Sun. Lunch/Early pre theatre!ElliebeancountDined on 21/9/2014Arrived 4.30 Sunday afternoon and was immediately offered choice of tables to ensure our needs were met. Service was good although drinks took over 10 minutes to arrive the remainder of the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaffa65Dined on 20/9/2014The staff & food were both excellent as normal. We just enjoy this place as its level of service & food (especially the specials menu) are extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQ1959Dined on 20/9/2014Excellent food and really friendly and helpful staff Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday specialAMSkiDined on 20/9/2014Visited Albert's Shed many times - different occasions different seasons and company but always good. Will be returning again soon. Great for family birthdays or romantic meals alike. Well done and keep up the standard!Special Features:
- Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014We have eaten here several times since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.