19-20 Dover Street
London, W1S 4LUNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.alloro-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7495 4768
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 2:30PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday 6:00PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniele Camera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: Alloro is always happy to provide quotations for parties and events, please contact us for more information.
A word from Alloro
Alloro is a high-class, welcoming Italian restaurant and bar situated in Dover Street, a stone's throw away from the Bond Street shopping district. Alloro's exquisite cuisine incorporates fresh, natural ingredients and simple recipes. Alloro offers classical Italian cuisine for both lunch and dinner. We specialize in culinary delights from all regions of Italy. The restaurant can sit up to 55 guests with a private dining room suitable in hosting parties between 8 - 16 guests. The restaurant offers a warm, friendly atmosphere with a sophisticated modern Italian interior. The bar area, open throughout the day, provides a comfortable drinking venue. It serves as an excellent meeting point for locals and businessmen or as a quick stop for passing shoppers. It also transforms into a bistro during lunch hours to provide swift food service to guests who require speedy service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Alloro - Best restaurants in Green Park ›
Alloro reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since 25 November 2013
business meals (36)special occasions (21)fit for foodies (16)romance (13)pre/post theatre (5)outdoor eating (5)group bookings (4)sunday lunch (3)outstanding value (2)disabled access (1)child friendly (1)brunch (1)Show More
- Good for business lulnchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 29/10/2014The restaurant is a very appealing Mayfair Italian - with good food and acceptable service. I went there for a business lunch and was placed in quiet room at the back which allowed us to have a good conversation (although we were lucky that the area was relatively empty). It is an expensive restaurant and the food was good but not spectacular - I think they cater for people on company expense accounts.Special Features:
- Good food average servicePigpogDined on 16/10/2014We went for evening dinner. Not a great table at the back of the room. Menus arrived quickly as did water. There was no suggetion of an aperitive. After a wait managed to make our order. There was no suggestion that vegetable sides might be in order. Starters were very good and mains were lovely but would have benefitted from the odd potatoe. Food and wine are very pricey which would have been alright if the service matched the amount we were expected to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding Italian foodgiovannaDined on 6/10/2014I was really blown away by the food at Alloro - I am Italian and a passionate cook, so I was not expecting to eat the best tagliolini al nero di seppia I've ever eaten in my life. Their version of the tiramisu, light but full of flavour, was equally stunning. The service was attentive and well polished and we were given a table that totally matched our requests.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 6/9/2014The food both my wife and I had was outstanding, starters and the mains. Prosecco by the glass was reasonably priced as were a number of the wines although clearly one could spend a fortune if the mood took you. The service was also very good - friendly, professional and attentive without being overbearing. It wasn't very busy on the Saturday night we went so perhaps some light background music would have added to the ambience/atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/7/2014First, I'd like to get out the way that it was expensive. Two mains, a bottle of wine, and two drinks beforehand cost around £120. That being said, it was a fantastic evening. The bar staff knew whats they were doing The chefs knew what they were doing The staff were friendly and professional The place is beautiful An extra touch, which I thought was brilliant, is after we didn't order starters, they brought over a small portion of a vegetable soup for us. Overall, a fantastic evening and I will definitely return when I'm no longer a student.Special Features:
- An old friendKaboobooDined on 30/7/2014We sat outside on a warm summers night. Yes the road is a busy but London's atmosphere was fun. I was with an Italian who is a very good cook who praised the quality of the food. I can imagine this is not a restaurant for all too quiet/ too noisy if a group is in the bar/ too formal. However we enjoyed it very much and thought the food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 23/7/2014Food an ambience excellent. Service was diappointingly slow on this visit which is unusual as the restaruant wasn't overly busy. But otherwise Alloro never disappoints. Not much choice for vegetarians and I would like to see more on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimbo BJimBoLocDined on 14/6/2014The evening of Saturday 14th June! The Alloro Restaurant was surprisingly quiet as we were first in, décor and furnishing were comfortable,providing a good selection and choice in all courses, the staff including receptionist, waiters and sommelier were very friendly, knowledgeable and a credit to the establishment, the top prize though goes to the ingredient buyer and chef's as this restaurant was "SUPERB" Would recommend to anyone who enjoys "Michelin Star" quality standards in food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a business lunchAmakDined on 27/5/2014Had an early-week business lunch, tuna with rocket tomato salad, no starter or desert. Cooked beautifully and perfectly flavoured - fresh fish. My companion had a lovely pasta starter, with the tuna main, finished off with strong black coffee and sweet nibbles for a nice end to the meal. Atmopshere during lunch quite formal which wasnt a problem and was a good fit. Not sure if i would come back for a romantic dinner as others have done as decor and atmosphere a bit too clinical for me, but will definitely come back for a working lunch again. Service very attentive but not in your face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningTiggerDined on 9/5/2014Possible, the best Italian restaurant in London. Stunning food, attentive but not overbearing service and a lovely atmosphere. The dessert menu in particular was divine. Not cheap, but this sort of quality never is. I'll be back...Special Features:
- extremely disappointinggourmITDined on 28/4/2014first course was a burrata on crema di ceci (chick peas cream) which was not particularly tasty, but what was really pathetic was the main course: egg tagliatelle with fresh tomato and basil. The tomato sauce was tasteless and a bit sweet (a true Italian chef would never put a hint of sugar in the tomato sauce!) and the tagliatelle after one minute or so were glued together and impossible to eat without cutting them in pieces like a tortilla!!!!! And all for £35 per person without side wine or a coffee. Horrible!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, serviceChrisDined on 29/3/2014Great atmosphere, service and food. Really enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wonderfullyLarinkaDined on 14/3/2014Excellent food, wonderfully friendly and attentive service, ideal ambience for conversation. Warm, cosy, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food&service but overpricedstephan78VIPDined on 14/3/2014We enjoyed dinner and the service, however the portions are small and clearly overpricedSpecial Features:
- DisappointingLilyDined on 21/2/2014Alloro came highly recommended but I was disappointed and won't return. Ambience terrible. Way too modern for my taste. Plus, the restaurant was mostly empty (only 3 tables full, including ours). Redeeming points are that the service was very good and the lamb was very good. The state of the loo downstairs was disgraceful. Would only return for a business lunch. Never again in the evening.Special Features:
- perfect for a romantic nightMarcoDined on 14/2/2014perfect for a romantic night or business dinner in a quiet atmosphere, the restaurant has a traditional italian classy approach, the service is excellent as well as the food (maybe portions are not big....). Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great service,FoodloverVIPDined on 7/2/2014Great restaurant, great service, great food!! I enjoyed my dinner a lot,but the air conditioner definitely should be fixed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive business atmosphereHawkiDined on 6/2/2014Very impressive business atmosphere for lunch. Will dine again.Special Features:
- Italian with panacheH123Dined on 5/2/2014It's been a while since I dined at alloro and I was disappointed to find that things had changed- no home-made pasta, never-the-less the food is reliable but can be expensive, particularly if one is super hungry. I'd recommend the place for special occasions as with a reasonable bottle of wine the bill was £100 per head.Special Features:
- hidden gempeterandchrisDined on 30/1/2014I had been with a colleague before who raved about Alloro which I completely agreed with. Second visit was just as good. excellent quality food served efficiently and by friendly staff. relaxed but good atmosphere. And finally a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A marvellous dinnerPantolabusDined on 6/1/2014We went there for out wedding anniversary dinner. It did us proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myself and my partner enjoyedNYE13Dined on 31/12/2013Myself and my partner enjoyed our new years eve meal at Alloro very much. The food was fantastic with little extra 'tasters' brought to our table a nice touch. The staff are extremely friendly, with a relaxing atmosphere in a very warm and welcoming venue.Special Features:
- Alloro pre XmasZaponeDined on 19/12/2013A fantastic meal for four busineess colleagues...a bit of a wait for the starters but that gave us time to savour the superb wines on offer and when the main course subsequenly arrived that was just magnificent. A tad expensive but basically well worth it so a great place for speciaal clients etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensible Italian foodJlsAVIPDined on 9/12/2013Probably a little overpriced and lacking in ambience for our taste, but couldn't fault the serviceSpecial Features:
- The food at Alloro is great-beckersDined on 6/12/2013The food at Alloro is great- some Italian classics, some slightly unusual dishes from non-standard regions, all prepared to a high standard and with smooth and efficient service. It would be nice if they had smaller portion sizes for those who wish to do the traditional Italian-style four course meal, as they currently give you the same portions as if you'd only ordered one 'main', and despite the tempting dessert menu I was unable to contemplate eating anything else. But the food is so nice that it's hard to stop eating it, so it's difficult to really complain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable choiceAAMsDined on 6/12/2013A busy friday afternoon gave Alloro a nice buzz. Service always good here, plus a decent amount of choice for a vegetarian. Flavours were delicate, borderline lacking, but portions well sized and wine list strong!Special Features:
- This was one of the best mealsNerinoDined on 5/12/2013This was one of the best meals we have ever had. Ravioli with rabbit and guinea fowl were both absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 482 reviews are from the Alloro reviews archive.
- The chef's amuse bouche wasnoneVIPDined on 8/11/2013The chef's amuse bouche was pointless; fried squid on a oversized crouton; however the bread basket made up for this short coming. Saffron risotto was lovely and creamy; and the special pasta which was a beef ragu palatable - but nothing extraordinary. Monkfish for main was fine but again I wasn't overwhelmed by its deliciousness. The atmosphere is lovely, the staff keep you exceptionally well looked after. I enjoyed the experience but I would say that you get a fair-good overall experience for what you are paying for.Special Features:
- Food is good. Menu needs toAamerDined on 7/11/2013Food is good. Menu needs to be updated. Many items have been there for years.....it's not a place to visit regularly. However, nice ambiance...good service and robust menu ensure a good experience. Don' t like the idea of including 12.5 % gratuity automatically in the bill.....it's both rude and presumptuous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid week lunchfloorboardfreakDined on 24/10/2013The restaurant was full of 'suits' which didn't put me off but became very grown up. The service was very attentive although I am not sure the wItress had full command of the English language. Our food was delicious: crab and avocado starter and then squid. My friend and I both had wine by the glass which was really nice. We were finished with 45 minutes which was great for a mid week shopping lunch but not if I had been there for a dinner arrangementSpecial Features:
- GreatcantorDined on 22/10/2013Booked for a Director at work and he said it was excellent for a business lunch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Went to Alloro for a birthdayallthatglittersDined on 22/10/2013Went to Alloro for a birthday lunch. Service was excellent: attentive and helpful. The food was fresh, tasty and well cooked.Special Features:
- brilliant food, great wine listNerinoDined on 14/10/2013This was our second visit to Alloro, and once again we had an excellent meal. The wine list is fascinating, our starter of linguine with lobster and main course of guinea fowl were delicious. We also enjoyed our grappas from their extensive selection. Amuse-bouche, selection of interesting bread and petits-fours with our espresso were all much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable, always a treatloreleiVIPDined on 10/10/2013I've eaten here several times and the food is always very good and the 3 or 4 course menu which would please vegetarians, pescatarians and carnivores alike, is always hard to choose from and excellent value. The wine list is stupendous, and service friendly and discreet; perfect for a catch-up with an old friend. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a business meetSupamonkey68Dined on 10/10/2013The food and service is hard to find fault with. The staff are very attentive and polite and the food excellent. BUT the place does lack something - a relaxed atmosphere. I got the impression that the place is so strictly run that the staff feel under pressure to always be excellent - and they are. But the downside of that is when you want a relaxed atmosphere to dine in you don't get it in Alloro. The ambience is influenced by efficiency and conscientious rigidity. Perhaps then this is an excellent environment for a business lunch or dinner but not so much for a romantic occasion or relaxation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the location- deep Mayfair-SchneiseDined on 24/9/2013For the location- deep Mayfair- an excellent Italian spot for dinner! Very good service, very good food , excellent wine list- though we were the last to leave nobody pushed us or gave us an unwelcome feeling- quite the opposite we got a wonderful grappa on the house. The price in this part of London most reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fooodSheilricDined on 19/9/2013I thought the service was a little intrusive. Constantly asking if I wished another glass of wine. Good on water top ups! Food was delightful. Would go back but maybe sit further away from service point. Also wine glass taken away when not quite finished!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD and OBNOXIOUS diners6066Dined on 13/9/2013We had dinner at Alloro on Friday night. The food and service were as good as always. However, the other table in the front window was occupied by very LOUD and OBNOXIOUS people. We could not carrying on a normal conversation because of these 2 couples at that table. They bought the staff after dinner drinks so I can only assume that they eat here regularly. The staff of the restaurant should have taken some action as these people were so disruptive. As we were leaving, one of us casually said to the table that they could have been more considerate of other diners. Immediately the 2 woman jumped up and followed us out onto the street shouting at us telling us not to come back to Alloro. It was very uncomfortable.
- VLvukiVIPDined on 23/8/2013Excellent service, great food, and really a great time.Special Features:
- Does not disappointchezjuanVIPDined on 25/7/2013Our fourth or fifth visit. Consistently good. We took foodie friends who live in London and they very much enjoyed Alloro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.