Alma De Cuba
St. Peter's Church
Liverpool, L1 4BHNeighborhood:
CubanPrice: £26 to £40
Alma De Cuba
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alma-de-cuba.com/
- Phone: 01517027394x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 12:00PM-5:00PM, Sunday 12:00PM-6:00PM Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5:00PM-11:00PM, Friday-Saturday 5:00PM-12:00AM, Sunday 6:00PM-11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South American, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Steven Bygrave
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Buffets and Canapés available for events, please call for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Various options are available for private parties, from the exclusive Lady Chapel with private bar to the mezzanine level overlooking the alter for large dining parties. Please call for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Camilla Cole 01517027394x
- Entertainment: Sunday Service - fantastic Sunday Brunch menu complimented by performances from a live gospel choir, EVERY SUNDAY
Live music every Thursday night
- Special Events: If you are looking to hold an event with a bit more flair in one of Liverpool’s, if not the North West’s, most atmospheric venues, then you’re in the right place. We can cater for absolutely anything; from a
small business lunch, networking function to an entire venue wedding… simply tell us what you want! Please refer to the details above or alternatively contact Camilla Cole on 0151 702 7394 / email@example.com
A word from Alma De Cuba
Alma de Cuba is Liverpool’s most spectacular restaurant and bar venue; an island in the heart of the city, an independent spirit that leaves a lasting impression. Set inside the magnificent conversion of the former Catholic church St Peter’s, Alma de Cuba is all about an eclectic mix of Cuban, Hispanic and Latin American influences that are enhanced with Liverpool’s great spirit. This is a must visit destination with “Sunday Service” brunch with gospel choir on Sundays and a carnival atmosphere throughout the weekend. Alma de Cuba’s menu hopes to mirror Cuba's diverse influences by including spices and flavours from around the world, particularly Caribbean, Spanish and Latin American. The delightful South American, Caribbean inspired cocktails and the up-beat Latin influenced rhythms create an unforgettable experience. Come and enjoy a quality of service that matches the splendour of this award winning interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Alma De Cuba - Best restaurants in Liverpool ›
Alma De Cuba reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since 20 May 2014
special occasions (136)romance (105)fit for foodies (63)group bookings (61)sunday lunch (41)business meals (33)outstanding value (29)brunch (26)pre/post theatre (23)good vegetarian options (22)child friendly (6)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (2)disabled access (1)Show More
- Don't go on a Sunday evening!rarelyoutDined on 14/9/2014Went to Alma on Sunday 14th Sept for our wedding anniversary with family. Really disappointed with food and service. Arrived on time at 7.15pm, not offered early bird menu as choice. told of several items not available on menu as it had been a busy lunchtime. food came out slowly and at different times so was cold when everyone had received their meal. had to ask for vegetable side orders for roast chicken which weren't as described, given free drink to make up for this. Rib eye steak wasn't rib eye. Felt we were being given left overs. First dessert asked for wasn't available. All in all couldn't wait to leave. Shame because we had enjoyed our previous 3 meals there. won't be going again or recommending it!
- Perfect for a birthday treat!AlisonDined on 14/9/2014We went to Alma de Cuba for my mum's 50th on Sunday for the Gospel Choir Brunch. It was perfect! Excellent singers and a lovely environment to dine - something we had not experienced before. Food was great, we had the new carved Gammon Roast - served at the table by the friendly chef, tasted amazing and we had no trouble getting extra gravy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014We had a beautiful meal for our 5th wedding anniversary. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and especially the entertainment of the dancers and the petal show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnnottinghamDined on 6/9/2014On entering the resturant you get a wow factor and its so different being in a church. The food was excellent. The service was brilliant. Our only downside was that the music was overpowering. There is really no need for the music or to tone it down a bit. The resturant was packed solid and the noise from people shouting to try and be heard from the music was horrendous. Overall though it was a good experience and would recomend it but wouldnt take a hearing aid if I was partially deaf.Special Features:
- Somewhere differentTaz123Dined on 6/9/2014Went out for a meal with close friends on a busy Saturday night . Lovely and individual surroundings . Very good food with lovely flavours . Nice cocktails and good service .Special Features:
- Superb for a Romantic Evening.MandyMooDined on 5/9/2014Ambiance in here is amazing, we had a drink at the bar because we were early and then taken straight up to our table. Service couldn't have been better. The waitress was always near by of we needed anything but that was rare considering she would always pop over and refill our glasses. Wine and food was delicious. Definitely recommend this place for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Liverpool FavouriteMKMontyDined on 31/8/2014This was our third visit in as many years and it never disappoints. We love Sunday Brunch with the Gospel music and the menu that mixes traditional with more modern cuisine. Service is really good and the bar is so comfortable! An old building given a new lease of life - let's hope the rest of the street can now live up to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoW factorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014Upon a arrival there was no delay taking us to our table and Margret our waitress was credit to your staff, helpful throughout. Even though it was a Friday night, the service was good. Food and wine was lovely and would not hesitate in recommending it any of my friends, although I think the place sells itself. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma de Cuba - Excellent!dom1708Dined on 29/8/2014We visited the Alma de Cuba on Friday 29th August with our family of 5.. It is a unique dining experience given the surroundings and the tasteful way in which St Peter's Church has been convereted. The food is good, as is the service. We were pleased that the staff were able to be accommodating to our needs as we had brought along our (fussy) 11 year old daughter, and although the standard menu didn't really cater for her needs, the staff flexibility kept her (and therefore us) happy! Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff Night OutmatthayesDined on 29/8/2014Fantastic place to celebrate a friend who has worked within our company for years on her new job . What a place to entertain and please loved ones! I was not let down at all!! I will recommend to everyone!Special Features:
- tasty options for veggiesAndreaDined on 27/8/2014We had an array of tasting platter vegetarian food. The food had a very good mix of tastes and textures. Very authentic flavours too. Will definitely visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DiColeDined on 26/8/2014We loved everything! Excellent good, wonderful surroundings and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!foodloverDined on 24/8/2014Fantastic service from start to finish, excellent food, ate here before and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty mealjonny007Dined on 23/8/2014i found the alma de cuba a unique experience for a special meal , the food was fantastic very tasty , the ambience of the restaurant is brilliant and i had a very enjoyable time; The staff were friendly and efficient , they even chased me down the stairs because I was 80 pence short on my bill , could of swore I left the correct money but I was not prepared to argue , shame won't be going back .Special Features:
- Brilliant ServiceH4958Dined on 22/8/2014Served by a lovely waitress who was very charming. The food was outstanding (as it always has been - recommend the duck spring rolls!). 4th anniversary, brilliant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Stunning surroundings, perfect food and drink and fantastic service!! Couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely lunch with choirmymorairaDined on 17/8/2014Really enjoyed our lunch. Food , service , entertainment absolutely spot on, Am re booking for October when I am back in Liverpool. The soul/choir singers are very entertaining. Great choice of songs from gospel classics, to Beatles, to Michael Jackson. Audience were a bit quiet so needs to be a bit busier.Special Features:
- A great evening outjillybDined on 9/8/2014We arrived at 7.15 and were immediately shown to our table, which was nicely placed by the balcony so we could see the activity below. 3 of us ordered the Lamb bruschetta kebab and one ordered sea bass, all were well cooked and attractively presented. We were pretty full after that but decided to check out the desserts menu , and all found a fabulous dessert - all 4 different! Fortunately, the restaurant was getting very busy at that point so the slightly slower service suited us well, so we were able to enjoy the ambiance and do justice to the wonderful desserts when they arrived! A very enjoyable evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLynnieDined on 7/8/2014Fabulous food, service and cocktails. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food as alwaysGreedyelephantDined on 6/8/2014This is our third visit to Alma and it remains as good as always. food is sumptuous ribs and coconut rice my main course just delicious and the cocktail's - happy hour would be a welcome introduction!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatMountford80Dined on 2/8/2014Took my girlfriend for her birthday as she had been before with her friends, she had told me that the food was good and the building was amazing, I wasn't disappointed. The food was top notch, building was amazing, service was friendly and welcoming and for a city centre very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginatively converted churchJmsingDined on 29/7/2014Excellent food with attentive service in an atmospheric venue. On the expensive side but well worth it for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very good but not really CubanCarinaDined on 26/7/2014The service and the food was great, but was more “other” Caribbean – Jerk Chicken certainly is not Cuban (though it was very good and I do like Jamaican food). We didn’t hear any Cuban music playing, which would have given it more ambience, though the place itself is quite amazing. One thing which did annoy us was that they have Bacardi – it’s not Cuban rum, although they would like you to think it is. Havana Club IS Cuban and I didn’t see any of this as an alternative. I would go again, but without Cuban expectations. I’m not really sure what the connection to Cuba was supposed to be – all we could recognise was a mural of a woman with a cigar, which is a common sight there.Special Features:
- FantasticBoozerwooDined on 26/7/2014Had a fabulous meal at alma de Cuba, food was presented fantastically and tasted amazing, reasonably priced too. We also really enjoyed trying out a lot of the cocktails, some really good combinations! Will definitely book again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening DinnerBakerNKDined on 25/7/2014When we arrived nobody was expecting us and we had to find someone to eventually take us to our table. Once we were at the table the service was very good and the was of a good standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/7/2014We visited on a Friday evening and waited quite a time for our meals to be served but we enjoyed them and thoroughly enjoyed the samba dancersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulem90Dined on 19/7/2014Wonderful time. After an amazing hen night I took my fiance here and it was a lovely evening. We were treated well with great service. Ate well with amazing food.Special Features:
- Fabulous!BethanMaryDined on 17/7/2014Really amazing building inside. The Early Bird menu is great value with 2 courses for £15 and 3 for maybe £18, I'm not sure. That's between 5pm and 7pm I think. The food is delicious, cocktails are a bit expensive though!Special Features:
- Alma de CubaGaz4537Dined on 15/7/2014Fantastic setting, food was very very good. Some real unusual combinations on the menu. I would recommend the frickles, absolutely fabulous. A little on the expensive side for every day dining, but for business meals or special occasions it' fab.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/7/2014Very dissappointing. After 20 mins we had to ask what wa happening with the table. Waiter gave us the wrong cocktails Food expensive and not very good.
- disappointedsamentDined on 13/7/2014not busy and service was just about ok. food expensive and poor. i had chicken in hot chili sauce which was bland slightly hot "gravy"
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Alma de Cuba is a really beautiful restaurant inside an old church.The decorarion,music and service were great.The food quite good but the wine was really warm even for a red one so we have to ask for some ice to cool it down to 16-18 degrees. A bit expensive but really good value for money. I would definitevely come back for an special ocassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gospel choir brunchSJA767Dined on 6/7/2014We booked a table for 4 for the gospel choir brunch. We booked for 16.30 and were told that the choir were on until 18.00. The choir turned out to be just 3 people who went off stage after each song, they sang two songs whilst we were dining and had finished by 17.20. The tomato soup tasted like powdered soup/cup a soup, but the main meals were fine. Overall we felt that the food is overpriced and the quality is not the best and we were a little disappointed with the gospel choir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma de Cuba is PhenomenalFrillygilly2Dined on 4/7/2014Outstanding food, amazing ambience, atmosphere was brilliant. Went with my Husband for his Birthday, he loved it as well and we will definitely be going back with friends. I can honestly say food wise, this is probabaly the best place to eat on Merseyside.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodspudgeezerDined on 1/7/2014The restaurant has to be seen to be belirved - the interior is so amazing. The service wasa second to none - from the friendly welcome to the final bill - the food was absolutely excellent - we have eaten at a few restaurants in town - and this was by far the best - definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchfoodieexploreresDined on 29/6/2014Excellent Sunday afternoon, enjoying great food and listening to the gospel singers. A real treat and the staff are very friendly and attentive. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Food & Drinkeatfood1Dined on 29/6/2014This is a great place to eat/drink. Downstairs is clearly a lounge/bar which is slightly confusing if you've booked for a meal! But head on upstairs and you'll find the restaurant. This is very spacious and sets a great atmosphere with the low hung lights. The centre cut out that lets you see through to downstairs actually means you get a fantastic listening experience for the live music. Food was excellent, with a decent selection of fresh fish. Cocktails are tasty and inventive.. especially the one with the popping candy! Not too expensive but feels more suited for couples/family in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/6/2014Great night out here, Went on a Sunday and ate first but the live music and cocktails after were also great!Special Features:
- fabulous decor and atmospherefoodieDined on 20/6/2014Overall a lovely experience. The food was delicious though a little sparse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchLuvuAlmaDined on 14/6/2014Another great experience at Alma, food was delicious and still some of the best food I've ever had. Service was excellent, our waiter was amazing and was very helpful and full of suggestions from the menu. Customer service was excellent, my parents ordered a main salad to share as a side and it came out as a tiny side for one but they had charged us as a main, we queried it and it was taken off the bill. Would highly recommend.Special Features: