Amicus Apple Aberdeen
67 Langstane Place
Aberdeen, AB11 6ENNeighbourhood:
ScottishPrice: £25 and under
Amicus Apple Aberdeen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amicusapple.com/Aberdeen.html
- Phone: 01224587717
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Scottish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: now launched Jan 2012!
- Private Party Contact: Calum MacKinnon 01224587717
- Special Events: Thank you for choosing Amicus Apple Aberdeen. We are currently running a 20% offer off food from Monday - Thursday.
A word from Amicus Apple Aberdeen
Amicus Apple is the newest addition to Aberdeen’s fast growing cocktail scene. The 250 capacity bar is decadent in purple with gunmetal grey seating and splashes of the signature Amicus teal. Talking points include the dedicated VIP area, the heated smoking garden, a unique cocktail list and a warm, welcoming team ready to look after you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amicus Apple Aberdeen reviews from OpenTable diners
- I have been to Amicus AppleBabeRuthDined on 24/8/2013I have been to Amicus Apple many times. They have recently changed their menu and it is FAB, love it. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Dining ExperienceAlanDined on 15/6/2013Great atmosphere. I booked this as one of my party is a vegetarian. Choice was great for meat eaters too. Cocktails add a bit of luxury. I would certainly visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeCbs2Dined on 11/5/2013Amazing cocktails and only had side orders but the garlic bread was amazing. I do think they should have more sharing options for those just out drinking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food & CocktailsCocktailLadyDined on 11/5/2013Just the perfect place for a girl lunch with drinks, nice and relaxed with great food. Service could have been better considering the place didnt look that busy with diners. However I will return again due to the city centre location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu...SmilerDined on 5/5/2013...variety of prices, portion sizes, food combinations and vegetarian choices. Desserts maybe a bit limited. Service was attentive and efficient without being over the top - much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service - Wont beJamesDined on 28/4/2013Terrible Service - Wont be going back. Attitude of one member of staff. Many food items/beers not avalible.
- Holy Moly!!ZtdonnaDined on 13/4/2013Food was great but should advise all about the cocktails. You just keep ordering and don't realise how much you are having.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable settingGillfamilyDined on 20/3/2013Certainly worth a visit. We had travelled from Edinburgh to visit the uni and had booked the table in advance. There was a warm welcome, good attentive service and well cooked/presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatJoAlDined on 8/3/2013This was my 2nd visit to amicus apple and I was disappointed it wasn't nearly as good as my first visit!
- Loved the whole afternoonDined on 2/3/2013Loved the whole afternoon at Amicus Apple, the food was excellent and service was good, I would certainly recommend it to a friend and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PartyBabeRuthDined on 1/3/2013We had fun! Great food, service and the cocktails are to die for! Can't wait to go back. It was my friends 21st Birthday so I organised for a few friends to meet for a late lunch (4pm). We had a really great time. Food was good, different choices from other restaurants. Wine nice and chilled. Cocktails very tasty. I have been many time to Amicus Apple and would have no problem recommending it to my friends - which I have already done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmospherefifevisitorDined on 16/2/2013We had a lovely meal although it had much more of a 'club' feel. There was a large table of people next to us who were extremely loud and only in for drinks which disturbed our conversation given that we were struggling to be heard. However, the staff were very apologetic and realised it was extremely loud and offered to move us to a table. Perhaps a quieter night other than Saturday would have changed the atmosphere and made it more relaxed for a meal. Food was good though and felt cost was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our table was directly underDinerDined on 16/2/2013Our table was directly under the main speaker for the whole bar and I couldn't hear a word any of my friends were saying which was very disappointing as I don't see them very often. The toilets were a total disgrace with water coming through the roof and there were buckets on the floor to catch the drips.
- ServiceCocktails25Dined on 26/1/2013Had a pleasant experience food good service slightly slow and was rushed to give up our table but on the whole it was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good and overallKDunbarDined on 26/1/2013Food was very good and overall a very relaxed, enjoyable lunchSpecial Features:
- My wife and I had a greatBubblyDined on 24/11/2012My wife and I had a great night out and could not fault anything. The staff were very friendly and alway had a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Fish & Chips!Kaz737Dined on 15/11/2012Really enjoyed Fish & Chips, nice crispy batter and white fish! Liked the fact the restaurant has outside seating too. Staff friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDanielleDined on 1/11/2012Amicus always does a great job when we go there. I often take clients and friends. One of the best venues in Aberdeen. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere. FriendlyJadifiDined on 18/10/2012Good atmosphere. Friendly staff. A little slow, but it didn't matter as my group were having a catch up. Food was very tasty and good value. Would recommend for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as always. A littleClaireDined on 17/10/2012Great food as always. A little quiet on a Wednesday night, but this is probably explained by the miserable weatherSpecial Features:
- cocktails with the girls.....CCtouristaDined on 17/10/2012Met for lunch, stayed for cocktails, great service and good value food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely slow serviceLDaberdeenDined on 4/10/2012We were a table of 2 ordering 4 simple starters to share (garlic bread, hummus and pita etc) and waited over an hour for our food. Prior to that we waited more than 15 minutes for our drinks. When the food did arrive it was average and 3 tiny chicken skewers cost £6. Staff were not apologetic about the wait - presume this is normal to them as the people next to us also had to question where their food was due to the length of time they had been waiting Would not choose to eat here again.
- very disappointedtravismollyDined on 15/9/2012Been here a few times where I have thoroughly enjoyed the food, atmosphere and first class service so when my cousin asked me for lunch I had no hesitation about booking here....how wrong was I? The waitress initially took our order after waiting a considerable time. The food my cousin and his brother both had sandwiches, which looked fine but the catfish salad I ordered turned out to be more like a starter than a main course by the time you took away the 3 large lettuce leaves on the plate. We decided on a sweet and asked for the menu and waited and waited and eventually had to go to the bar to ask for a sweet menu. Not a good experience. Overall very disappointing. Overall the food was ok, service terrible no atmosphere in the restaurant
- Friday lunchChubbahDined on 14/9/2012As usual the fod was good and the service the same. Never feel rushed to order. We opted to lunch at 1330 and not a lot of places will accommodate at this time but not a problem for amicus. Nice and relaxing venue, perfect for lunching with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, great atmosphere.funfoodieDined on 13/9/2012I dine in Amicus Apple fairly regularly, however they have slightly changed their menu and had a bit of a staff turnover in between my previous visit and my most recent visit. The menu changes were ever so slight, however my favourite starter has been removed from the menu and the chicken & chorizo sandwich is now cooked slightly differently, meaning it doesn't taste the same. The service on the other hand was incredibly poor and if we were to be served by that waitress again, we would request service from someone else. Her English was seriously limited, added to the noise of the bar we could barely understand a word. She then assumed the £7 change was a tip, not a chance! She was slow and fidgety the whole time, it was very uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amicus apple aberdeenrdaberdeenDined on 6/9/2012There were four of us for lunch at Amicus Apple, Aberdeen, on 6th September. Didn't start off too well. They didn't have the first two choices of beers on the menu but this was more than made up by the fantastic food - quote "best fish and chips I've ever had" - every starter was excellent - when I complained that my crayfish tails and avocado salad only had two tiny slivers of avocado I was quickly given a generous portion of avocado with an apology and a drink removed from the bill. The service was first class, the staff couldn't do enough for us. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Lovely food and winelaurastar1981Dined on 1/9/2012Great meal and lovely Rose wine, what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been before and willBdayTreatDined on 31/8/2012Have been before and will go again but we had an early booking and after making the booking I was not informed that our table was required again at 8.30. Spoiled the evening a bit having to find somewhere else to sit with a drink. This should be made clear at time of booking. That apart, nice food and good service.
- Tea with the girlsSovgirlsDined on 27/8/2012I came for a meal one evening with a few friends. One was vegetarian and I knew that amicus apple had several vegetarian options so thought it would be good to go to however my vegetarian friend was told there was no falafel left and then when she asked for the feta cheese dish she was then told that they had none of this either. Surely you would have substitute veggie options in this case however so she opted for a salad being her final choice. Service was quite slow however the place was very quiet and we needed to remind them about our drinks order to be told there was a back log in orders. We had finished eating so cancelled drinks however this was still included on the billI would recommend this to a friend.
- A bar/club, not a restaurantIrishdinerDined on 24/8/2012On arrival, we were refused entry as were wearing trainers. We then had to explain that we were tourists who had booked a table in advance and the bouncers reluctantly let us in. The venue is advertised as a restaurant but it was more like entering a noisy Wetherspoons pub so not exactly amenable to a dinner for tourists in a new city. The "restaurant" was described as Scottish but the food (with the exception of the Haggis balls...) was a world fusion and not Scottish at all. Very disappointing all around.
- Good mid-week optionClaireDined on 15/8/2012Yet again a good meal at Amicus Apple Aberdeen. We ate around 8pm and the bar was very busy with both drinkers and diners and this was slightly reflected in the speed of service (but we were in no rush). Food was tasty, delivered hot and represents good value. My only food complaint is that the veggie options seem to have reduced of late, with the new menu Will returnSpecial Features:
- Another great mealCC44Dined on 1/8/2012The menu has slightly changed since my last visit but good all the same. Like having the option of a ciabatta sandwich at dinner time, they are all delicious! Only thing I can fault amicus for using far too much ice In the drinks, I request without now because you hardly get any juice otherwise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night??StoneyjenDined on 27/7/2012I booked a table for 6 people on Friday evening, we were all looking forward to it as we had been before and it was excellent. We had our starters and they were great but then waited 40 mins for our Main course then when it finally arrived my husbands was freezing cold and mine never turned up. 15 mins later mine turned up, although it was delicious it was a shame as everyone else was just about finished. We did make a complaint when paying our bill and we did get some discount. I will come back to Amacus Apple as the food and cocktails are great, we must of just come on a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night with the girlsLuv2eatoutDined on 20/7/2012Perfect place for Friday night food & drinks with the girls, great choice, great food, great cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food080137Dined on 19/7/2012Good food, lively atmosphere, music a bit loud if you are trying to chat and catch up on news with friends.Special Features:
- Great service !PaulDined on 18/7/2012I only discovered that Amicus apple was a restaurant as well as a fine pub a couple of weeks ago, I have eaten there twice now and on both occassions the food has been excellent, as well as the friendly efficient service, the staff certainly keep an 'eye' on their customers so that you are not kept waiting, a fairly good variety of tempting dishes, I can highly recommend the fish and chips for lunch it comes on a large platter - plenty of quality fish and tasty chunky homemade chips - a real step up from the usual pub grub served in Aberdeen - excellent !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to Amicus AberdeenPatsyPDined on 14/7/2012The venue was nice and had a relaxed feel to it, it was more wine bar that fully fledge restaurant. The food was really delicious, I had the Chicken breast wrapped in parma ham stuffed with mozzarella, it was succulent and I enjoyed it very much. I had two cocktails which was ok, but could have been better. My friend had the Pan fried salmon which was well presented and she enjoyed it also. I highly recommend Amicus Apple, Aberdeen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night blueslynniebDined on 25/6/2012went with a couple of friends on a Monday night. Plenty of available tables/seats. No hanging about - we had drinks srved very quickly and orders taken efficiently. The choice for one of us was Jerk Chicken and we were told the meat had to rest so food would be a few mins longer than normal- having been told this we were prepared to wait. It was so worth it. food really good and even though its a not a huge menu its well balanced and a really nice idea to have a choice of vegetarian with a meat supplement. Reasonable prices. Postion sizes good and good atmosphere. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect venue for girly nightfoodieloverDined on 8/6/2012Picked Amicus for a girl night catch up with some drinks and food and it fit the role perfectly. The food was very nice, I had the chicken stuffed with cheese and sundried tomatos on a salad of warm butternut squash, green beans and pesto, very tasty! and sampled a few of their cocktails of course :) (their special deals on the board are excellent value!) I would definitely return for another night out with the girls there as we had the table we booked all night and the waitress was very helpful and coming over regularly to get more drinks in so we avoided waiting at the bar too which was a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRussell1990Dined on 6/6/2012Service was over eager to start and we were not given time to look at he menu. Then very very slow it took us half an hour for them to bring the card machine to pay our bill. Although pre booked we were seated Next to a very large table of ladies who were unruly having only drinks. We wished we were sat in the other part of the bar with the other diners. On ordering our duck we were asked pink or well done - I chose pink and my partner well done although both arrived tough and well done. I put mine back and did by receive another until my partner finished his meal. No excuse could be made for this. The chef could blatantly see it was not pink but still chose to serve it.Special Features: