André Garrett at Cliveden
Taplow, SL6 0JFNeighborhood:
EnglishPrice: £41 and over
André Garrett at Cliveden
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.clivedenhouse.co.uk/
- Phone: 01628668561
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7am - 10am; Saturday - Sunday 7:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 7pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English
- Executive Chef: André Garrett
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are few places more luxurious or enchanting than Cliveden for a private celebration or meal. Whether for personal celebration or an impressive corporate event, there is a special venue to suit all, from intimate drawing rooms to the decadent splendor of our eighteenth century French Dining Room. Whatever the occasion, you can be sure it will be made that bit more special by Cliveden’s unique history and atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Special Events 01628668561
- Special Events: For over three hundred years, André Garrett at Cliveden has been a place where people of power have met and national destinies were decided. Professionalism, unbeatable service and attention to detail are the hallmarks of Cliveden as a special event venue.
A word from André Garrett at Cliveden
André Garrett at Cliveden was originally the Drawing Room and is a stunning south-facing spacious room which radiates with sunlight and looks out over the nineteenth-century Parterre, the gardens and River Thames. Its classical elegance and fine works of art give it an enviable touch of romance, and bring the history for which Cliveden is famous to life. Lunch and dinner are served here, offering classic English dishes combined with Cliveden's extensive cellar book. At lunchtimes, chose from a table d'hotel seasonal menu (which changes monthly) which offers tremendous value or from the more extensive a la carte selection. At dinner, enjoy award-winning modern classic English cuisine with dishes brimming with fresh seasonal ingredients and local produce.Continued
Please note, jeans or sportswear are not permitted at any time. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket for dinner.
Please note, jeans or sportswear are not permitted at any time. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket for dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
André Garrett at Cliveden - Best restaurants in Taplow ›
André Garrett at Cliveden reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (96)romance (51)fit for foodies (49)business meals (34)afternoon tea (32)sunday lunch (25)brunch (7)group bookings (7)outstanding value (7)good vegetarian options (6)child friendly (2)disabled access (1)Show More
- Lunch at ClivedonLindylouDined on 28/8/2014We very much enjoyed our lunch at Clivedon. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was good. I was a little disappointed that there were few vegetarian options, but what I had was very nice and the flavours were wonderful. My husband was slightly disappointed that there was a conversation with the waiter and the diners on the next table about the grouse, which was in season, but it was not mentioned to my husband. The staff on reception were very helpful in arranging for us to join the National Trust tour of the house.Special Features:
- Celebrating!HandCoDined on 23/8/2014Late lunch booking met every expectation. Very impressed that all clients could see the wonderful view from every table in the restaurant. Food was exquisite & delicious. Wine choice unbelievable - huge range to suit every taste & pocket. Service was impressive & friendly. We all ate different choices from the market menu & every meal was perfectly execute. Most definitely, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie27VIPDined on 21/8/2014Beautiful dining room. Very tasty food, good presentation.Good service. The market menu is a reasonably priced option.Special Features:
- VICTORB1VICTORB1Dined on 15/8/2014An excellent meal with attentive but not intrusive service. A fine location and view for lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Cliveden was a real treat.FoodLoverDined on 11/8/2014What an amazing setting and the food and service added greatly to the whole experience. An excellent price for the set menu and although limited choice we had no problem selecting a wonderful 3 course meal which we all thoroughly enjoyed. The view from the dining room was spectacular it is certainly a place we will be returning to.Special Features:
- DisappointedFritzgirlDined on 3/8/2014This was a birthday meal for our daughter. We were disappointed to be honest. The service was poor and food not up to much. We were excited to be going to Cliveden but I won't go again
- Beautiful RestaurantZazaDined on 29/7/2014Surprised to discover that the set lunch menu (£45 to include a glass of champagne) was exactly that - no choice at all! Previously, about 6 months ago, there was a choice. What arrived was delicious but service was incredibly slow (I felt the egg in my starter was over cooked - not runny at all & bordering hard boiled - perhaps because of the slow service) - the restaurant was not full - only with the help of one switched on girl, who pulled out all the stops, were we able to leave the table at 3.30pm (it was a 1.30 booking & we were early!) to make our booking for a river trip, leaving coffee etc until our return. The setting is perfection but something is not right with the service or liaison between front of house and the kitchen!Special Features:
- Lunch was a wonderful experienceHsp1Dined on 29/7/2014The service was attentive without being intrusive, the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The Market Menu is very good value, and the wine by the glass was delicious and reasonably priced. The restaurant itself is simply stunning and the views are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow !!JohnthecatererDined on 22/7/2014Lunch for friends on the occasion of our ruby anniversary, everything was spectacular the approach to the house was breathtaking, a real privilege to enter such a wonderful building, the views from the dinning room were spectacular. The staff were most welcoming and professional, the food delicious, coffee was served on the roof terrace the view from which was outstanding. We were made most welcome. Whilst expensive, well worth the cost, in fact I would say outstanding value for the experience. Thanks to all the staffSpecial Features:
- Always check your final bill.NormskiDined on 15/7/2014We experienced a very nice dinner for 2 at Cliveden. The set menu dinner was chosen. When given our final bill, there was a charge of £53 for champagne which we did not order and a charge of £11 for coffee which was already included in the set menu price. The waiting staff are not at the top of their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLuvlylunchDined on 15/7/2014We had a wonderful experience. Driving up to the hotel instead of parking in the NT car park made you feel it was going to be nice. The welcome and the hotel entrance was beautiful. The dining room was very elegant with stunning views to the gardens and the river beyond. The food was beautifully presented and the professional attitude of the staff helped make it feel a special experience. A member of our group required gluten free menu and nothing was too much trouble when explaining what was in the food which made her relaxed to enjoy the meal along with us. Walking round the gardens afterwards was an added bonus. We shall recommend it to our friends. We will be back.Special Features:
- Saturday lunchFuerteloverDined on 12/7/2014We had lunch at Cliveden last Saturday, on a beautiful sunny day, which really enhanced all the beautiful grounds. It was a belated celebration of my friend Joys' & my 70th birthdays. The food was exquisite, but don't expect large portions! They had asked in advance about any food allergies & I mentioned my Lactose intolerance, which they had duly noted & my food came without any dairy, but no alternative sauces in their place. The dessert was an alternative, & the best one I have been offered in a restaurant. It was a banana souffle & was delightful & soooooo light & delicious. All in all a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful day outeatwellDined on 10/7/2014We took our daughter to Clivedon for a birthday treat and after looking around the impecable grounds and gardens we dined in the Andre Garrett restaurant which was a very enjoyable experience. The dining room is so charming and the staff were very attentive. Makes us want to make it a once a month occasion.Special Features:
- Tasting MenuMarksyyDined on 8/7/2014Had booked for a special 25th anniversary meal and it lived up to our expectations. We loved the menu and how each course was brought with a full explanation of its conception! The service made us feel very special. Just one thing I would say is because we had a table for 8.15 ( I had wanted 8 but guess it was booked) it meant that by the time we had finished all 8 courses the restaurant had virtually emptied and tables were being cleared around us for the next day which made us feel a little rushed at the end. Just something to be aware of. However we had coffee and Bon boms to finish in the Great Hall and felt very spoilt. Thank you for a fab evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedJuneDined on 30/6/2014This is fourth time we have visited for lunch and the standard fell well below other occasions. The food was well presented, but not outstanding, and we felt the waiting staff in the restaurant could be improved as to their knowledge or what is included with the dish. It is a stunning location, a shame the lunch did not meet our expectations.
- Not that impressedeatoutDined on 28/6/2014We were looking forward to lunch, and impressed with drive up to Hotel. Impressive building and reception lounge. Nice Dining room and after that it all went rather flat. Service was ok - not much personality on show, and little enthusiasm for the customers from the staff. All 3 courses were ok but I expected much more taste and flavour from the dishes. Our mani course fish was slightly overcooked and dry. Would need to know something significant had changed before we go again. Overall a disappointing experience
- work in progressJeppeDined on 25/6/2014first time back since new owners and compared to the price tag, it simply underwhelmed. The food was just fine with a hint of being rushed. The service was very polite but completely lacking in standard. Our table was 30min late, they got the wrong wine, read out menus was very mechanical and hard to understand due to poor English and lacked any sort of knowledge e.g. he couldnt tell you which cheeses were cow vs goat, etc. Point being, that for the price tag (and wonderful setting) they really need to do better. We are not overly fuzzy guests but professional couple aged 40 and used to good London standards. Im hoping they get this right soon or this place ends up in the long sorrow line of money making machines with no soul...Special Features:
- EddieECdiningDined on 23/6/2014We had a lovely evening and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unforgettable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/6/2014We had a wonderful lunch - perfect in every way. Food, service and drinks were fantastic, exactly what to expect in a place like this. I'm a coeliac and had mentioned that in the booking. We were given canapes at the terrace while having our drinks and I was given a gluten free option without having mentioned anything at arrival. Impressive - even by this kind of establishment. Food and service fantastic. A real experience. Service was friendly and personal yet professional. I would recommend it to anyone having a real interest and appreciating excellent food, service and wine.Special Features:
- Best dinner on our UK vacationoesyDined on 19/6/2014Andre Garrett restaurant at Cliveden was a supreme treat. From start to finish we were well taken care of, with special mention for the service provided by George and Christianna. Both the setting and the cuisine were fabulous.Special Features:
- LovelyMarilynDined on 13/6/2014Beautiful - perhaps incomparable surroundings. Wonderful food. Best of all it was no problem hearing my friends across the dinner table with its lovely fresh rosemary and rosemary flowers on the table. Excellent. Would go all the time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect locationGlynmaggie33Dined on 12/6/2014Cliveden is a superb location and the food and the very attentive staff match to make a memorable visit. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure OpulenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014Went for a special occasion with four guests. The dining room is stunningly decorated (bearing in mind this is a stately home with a suit of armour in the reception area) and the staff wear beautiful uniforms. The staff are incredibly courteous and efficient. Hats off to all of them. The food itself was beautiful, both imaginative and surprising, each dish having an interesting twist to it. We were chattering amongst ourselves before the food arrived, but the silence that fell upon our table when we began eating is a testament to the quality of the food. Happy tummies indeed! None of us were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value lunch!pepahDined on 7/6/2014We had lunch last Saturday, the Set Lunch Menu was very good value and the food was excellent, the only fault we had was the limited choice of main courses. We definitely would hope to return for an evening meal sometime to try some of their other dishes.Special Features:
- BillDined on 1/6/2014Was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get a table for Sunday lunch at very short notice. We had a very enjoyable time, the food and service were very good. We were very happy with the suggestion given for our wine as we had a variety of dishes and needed some guidance as to what would work well. The setting is wonderful and it is a great place to go when you want to treat yourself.Special Features:
- Disappointing...tptheptDined on 28/5/2014Quality of cooking very inconsistent in terms of techniques and flavours, and ingredients in some dishes not well matched.
- LunchKazzerDined on 26/5/2014Booked at the last minute for the £35 3 course lunch deal with a glass of champagne. The only issue I would say is that some of the tables are quite close together but luckily for us no-one was sat at either of the tables next to us. The service was good, the food was lovely although I did feel that the wine prices were over the top. I would recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Old Fashioned Classic Elegance.BourneEndBoysDined on 25/5/2014You cannot fault the sense of arrival and stunning elegance of Cliveden. The staff are very professional, courteous and provide superb hospitality. The restaurant is VERY formal so dress up nicely ! Views of the grounds from huge windows add to the experience and be sure to ask for a table window. The food is of the highest quality and is a work of art on a plate. Don't expect a good feed though, this is elegant dining full of flavour and inventive touches. I must commend the Sommellier who manages to combine expertise with friendly service (no snobby derision of you wine choice as is the case with most high end places). All in all, a superb dining experience expertly delivered by experienced, passionate professionals.Special Features:
- outstandingFudeaterDined on 25/5/2014The whole experience was perfect. I was concerned By other reviews that visitors looked into the restaurant But they were also taken in by the stunning location. Very friendly hospitable staff, food was excellent, I will be Coming backSpecial Features:
- Close to a StarVinrougeDined on 16/5/2014On the basis of our dinner, André Garrett at Cliveden must be getting very close to its first Michelin star. The food is undoubtedly at that standard already but the service isn't quite at the necessary maturity level; it's not yet quite as unobtrusively slick as really top restaurants. The balance of flavours in all the dishes eaten was excellent and the cooking just superb. We particularly enjoyed the scallop starter and the spring lamb main course. We liked the fixed price menu approach with the options of a 3 course menu or a 9 course taster menu. Both were good value for money. The wine list was extensive and interesting although not as good value as the food; the mark up seemed quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJennyDined on 4/5/2014Outstanding atmosphere, delicious food, currently the best restaurant and the best dining experience for me.Special Features:
- ExcellencelovefinethingsDined on 28/4/2014Following the recent redecoration the ambience is better than ever. Everything else remains at its normal excellent standardSpecial Features:
- A very special dining experience.LyndaMDined on 27/4/2014This was planned as a special birthday treat and it certainly was - luxurious surroundings and fabulous food. We had Sunday lunch and the roast beef was to die for - highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time critiqueGourmetfoodieDined on 24/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed our lunch experience at Cliveden very much apart from the seating arrangement; the centre tables are ridiculously close together (about 10") and there was no privacy whatsoever. We felt as though we were in a group with the people at the table on our left and were quite embarrassed as we were unable to ignore their conversation. We have never experienced tables so close together in a restaurant and certainly did not expect to find this situation at such a prestigious venue. We would not return unless we could be guaranteed a much better seating arrangement. Apart from that, the meal and experience were faultless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/4/2014Our dinner was such a memorable experience from the exceptionally beautiful and tasty food to the wonderful service, to the ambience. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my fiance's 30th birthday. We will truly remember that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination DiningMiss4KDined on 19/4/2014I've been longing to visit Cliveden House and always intended to do Afternoon Tea there sometime however it was the Market Lunch offer through Top Table that finally moved me to action. This is a very special place where the magnificent surroundings are matched by the beautiful food & attentive service. And if the weather is fine, a post prandial wander through the grounds is essential (so have some sensible shoes in the car). I'm now looking for an excuse to return and try the Degustion Menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndreaaandedwardDined on 18/4/2014Lunch time. Have been to Clivedon several times for lunch. has been a very pleasant experince on all occasions.. The dining room is as good as it gets and works very well with the service and food provided. It would be a great place to have a meal with a few friends for a birthday or special event.Special Features:
- ExcellentLovetoeatoutDined on 9/4/2014Excellent in every way. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchdubblueDined on 9/4/2014A very long lunch for a very special occasion. My son thanked me for the best lunch ever which is not something you hear every day. Have been there before and will go back again.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch at ClivedenmultipleyeDined on 6/4/2014This is a great location to celebrate a special occasion. Cliveden House is very grand and palatial with expansive grounds. The dining room is very ornate with extremely high ceilings and has a great view of the main garden and also the surrounding area, as the house is located on a hill above the Thames. You are treated like royalty as soon as you arrive and although the service style is very formal the staff are very friendly and welcoming. The menu was slightly limited (around 5 choices per course) but there were some classic dishes to choose from and the food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.