André Garrett at Cliveden
Taplow, SL6 0JFNeighbourhood:
EnglishPrice: £41 and over
André Garrett at Cliveden
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.clivedenhouse.co.uk/
- Phone: 01628 668561
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7am - 10am; Saturday - Sunday 7:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 7pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English
- Executive Chef: André Garrett
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are few places more luxurious or enchanting than Cliveden for a private celebration or meal. Whether for personal celebration or an impressive corporate event, there is a special venue to suit all, from intimate drawing rooms to the decadent splendor of our eighteenth century French Dining Room. Whatever the occasion, you can be sure it will be made that bit more special by Cliveden’s unique history and atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Special Events 01628668561
- Special Events: For over three hundred years, André Garrett at Cliveden has been a place where people of power have met and national destinies were decided. Professionalism, unbeatable service and attention to detail are the hallmarks of Cliveden as a special event venue.
A word from André Garrett at Cliveden
André Garrett at Cliveden was originally the Drawing Room and is a stunning south-facing spacious room which radiates with sunlight and looks out over the nineteenth-century Parterre, the gardens and River Thames. Its classical elegance and fine works of art give it an enviable touch of romance, and bring the history for which Cliveden is famous to life. Lunch and dinner are served here, offering classic English dishes combined with Cliveden's extensive cellar book. At lunchtimes, chose from a table d'hotel seasonal menu (which changes monthly) which offers tremendous value or from the more extensive a la carte selection. At dinner, enjoy award-winning modern classic English cuisine with dishes brimming with fresh seasonal ingredients and local produce.Continued
Please note, jeans or sportswear are not permitted at any time. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket for dinner.
Please note, jeans or sportswear are not permitted at any time. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket for dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
André Garrett at Cliveden - Best restaurants in Taplow ›
André Garrett at Cliveden reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since 29 November 2013
special occasions (105)fit for foodies (62)romance (62)afternoon tea (40)business meals (37)sunday lunch (33)group bookings (7)outstanding value (7)good vegetarian options (6)brunch (6)child friendly (2)disabled access (1)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Overall excellentilovealanpartridgeDined on 21/11/2014I couldn't fault any aspect of the food and service. I treated my Grandmother to lunch and she was delighted with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 19/11/2014Excellent in every way. Service was superb. Food was beautifully presented and very much enjoyed. Wine list very extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambience but food not hotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/11/2014Amazing atmosphere but when dinner was served it was not very hot, including soup starter and beef main course. Delicious but small portion of veg on the side. Front of house very good and happy to give us a short tour after our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food as beautiful as the surroundingsSWLincsDined on 15/11/2014With the grounds and house as stunning as it is we were hoping for something magical from the kitchen. We received a very warm welcome and were invited to relax by the fire until we were ready to eat. We had exceptionally high expectations after sampling some of the delights at Taste of London earlier this year and André certainly didn't disappoint! We opted for the a la carte including the signature dover sole. It was so delicious and could see why he is so proud of it. I also got to taste a brand new pineapple dessert which was light, refreshing and a perfect end to a sumptuous meal. I would love to go back and would very soon if it weren't almost three hours away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a great meal.AnthonyTDined on 14/11/2014The food, wine list and service have always been excellent. Our visit recently was no exception. Outstanding wine list, beautiful presented, fresh food and the service is attentive, but not in your face. Highly recommend this wonderful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 13/11/2014we had an amazing lunch for my husbands 50th birthday, food was impeccable, service was perfect, and the restaurant itself is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A grand experience at ClivedenbuonappetitoDined on 3/11/2014We celebrated my Father's 70th birthday over a grand leisurely lunch that was enjoyed by all especially the celebrant. We started with drinks in the beautiful sitting room and then seated in main dining room overlooking the garden. Everything was perfect from the menu selection, the ambiance, the flower arrangements and the attentive service. Each dish was beautifully prepared and executed. The staff even prepared a little birthday treat for the celebrant. Fantastic venue to celebrate a special occasion and we will continue to go back!Special Features:
- Andre Garrett at ClivedenAriesVIPDined on 31/10/2014Market Menu very good value lovely duck starter followed by fish main. Dining room revamp very good Lovely setting and viewsSpecial Features:
- 'Amazing 'SeafoodaddictDined on 30/10/2014Had a lovely birthday lunch. A table overlooking the wonderful gardens was a bonus. Ever staff member we spoke too was very friendly and accommodating to our ever need. Food was well presented and flavoursome, good value for money. Would definitely want to go back in the near future - loved ever minute, the memory will last forever.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining & good value set-lunchPete99Dined on 20/10/2014Was keen to try the Market Menu set lunch here and it didn't disappoint. Wonderful dining room (thoughtful table arrangements - felt like we had our own intimate corner), excellent service and delicious food. Seriously good starters and mains (stand-out slow-roasted shoulder of lamb), desserts not quite so stellar (but still good). Maybe cheese would have been better - selection looked great. The. 2 dessert options did have some comedy value when ordering though: Me: "I'll have the tart" Wife: "And I'll have the fool" !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014We went to Andre Garrett at Cliveden for my wife's birthday surprise, and it was brilliant. The staff were friendly and attentive without being overly so, and the food was excellent. We had a drink in the Great Hall first which was a lovely way to start, then a walk in the grounds afterwards. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fine dining in splendourMonocledMutineerDined on 6/10/2014The welcome, the service from all the staff who served us, the cuisine, our table with its splendid view and the 'drop-jaw' interiors added up to a fabulous experience. The set lunch (3 courses) at £28 + service represents astonishing value for money given all the aforementioned. Although it was a wet Monday I could not understand why this establishment wasn't bursting at the seams for lunch given the quality of the cuisine when one considers it takes months to get into a nearby 2 Michelin star pub in Marlow (very good cuisine ... but it is still a pub! The sommelier gave excellent wine suggestions for our foie gras, lamb and desserts. On arrival the Cliveden 66 Cocktail was great fun and cost about 2/3rds the cost of one set menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stretched kitchen - slow serviceEpernayVIPDined on 27/9/2014We returned, having had a lovely meal recently. There was a large function in addition to normal restaurant service and this resulted in dreadfully slow service with food arriving late - we waited 1.5 hours for our main meal. My main fish dish was bland and needed more accompanying vegetables. The strawberry dessert lacked flavouring. The best dish was the starter lobster raviolo (supplement payment required). Wine by the glass is expensive. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Andre GarrettDinerVIPDined on 20/9/2014Really enjoyed our meal here. The restaurant and hotel is beautiful..We were well looked after and the.food was excellent. Lovely restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/9/2014Beautiful restaurant with a lovely view. Sunday lunch was rather expensive but great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexDined on 6/9/2014I'd recommend this restaurant. We had the tasting menu. Only disappointing thing was a French waiter that didn't remember the name of the cheese (only 4 types) on our plate. When we asked him to have some biscuits to go with the cheese he disappeared and never came back!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealJohnODined on 5/9/2014As always a delicious meal at Andre Garrett. The room is amazing and the service friendly yet polite. The maitre d is charming. More vegetables would be niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab U lousprosecco53Dined on 31/8/2014pearl wedding anniversary meal with friends was a treat! from driving up to the house to walking around the grounds was a treat on its own BUT the FOOD was to DIE for! i have never eaten such a perfect meal in perfect surroundings! the staff could not have treated us better! if you can try it even if it is a once in a lifetime meal just do it!Special Features:
- Lunch at ClivedonLindylouDined on 28/8/2014We very much enjoyed our lunch at Clivedon. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was good. I was a little disappointed that there were few vegetarian options, but what I had was very nice and the flavours were wonderful. My husband was slightly disappointed that there was a conversation with the waiter and the diners on the next table about the grouse, which was in season, but it was not mentioned to my husband. The staff on reception were very helpful in arranging for us to join the National Trust tour of the house.Special Features:
- Celebrating!HandCoDined on 23/8/2014Late lunch booking met every expectation. Very impressed that all clients could see the wonderful view from every table in the restaurant. Food was exquisite & delicious. Wine choice unbelievable - huge range to suit every taste & pocket. Service was impressive & friendly. We all ate different choices from the market menu & every meal was perfectly execute. Most definitely, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsawadeesuDined on 23/8/2014you feel like you have walked into a home that looks after you very well in every ways!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie27VIPDined on 21/8/2014Beautiful dining room. Very tasty food, good presentation.Good service. The market menu is a reasonably priced option.Special Features:
- VICTORB1VICTORB1Dined on 15/8/2014An excellent meal with attentive but not intrusive service. A fine location and view for lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Cliveden was a real treat.FoodLoverDined on 11/8/2014What an amazing setting and the food and service added greatly to the whole experience. An excellent price for the set menu and although limited choice we had no problem selecting a wonderful 3 course meal which we all thoroughly enjoyed. The view from the dining room was spectacular it is certainly a place we will be returning to.Special Features:
- DisappointedFritzgirlDined on 3/8/2014This was a birthday meal for our daughter. We were disappointed to be honest. The service was poor and food not up to much. We were excited to be going to Cliveden but I won't go again
- Beautiful RestaurantZazaDined on 29/7/2014Surprised to discover that the set lunch menu (£45 to include a glass of champagne) was exactly that - no choice at all! Previously, about 6 months ago, there was a choice. What arrived was delicious but service was incredibly slow (I felt the egg in my starter was over cooked - not runny at all & bordering hard boiled - perhaps because of the slow service) - the restaurant was not full - only with the help of one switched on girl, who pulled out all the stops, were we able to leave the table at 3.30pm (it was a 1.30 booking & we were early!) to make our booking for a river trip, leaving coffee etc until our return. The setting is perfection but something is not right with the service or liaison between front of house and the kitchen!Special Features:
- Lunch was a wonderful experienceHsp1Dined on 29/7/2014The service was attentive without being intrusive, the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The Market Menu is very good value, and the wine by the glass was delicious and reasonably priced. The restaurant itself is simply stunning and the views are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow !!JohnthecatererDined on 22/7/2014Lunch for friends on the occasion of our ruby anniversary, everything was spectacular the approach to the house was breathtaking, a real privilege to enter such a wonderful building, the views from the dinning room were spectacular. The staff were most welcoming and professional, the food delicious, coffee was served on the roof terrace the view from which was outstanding. We were made most welcome. Whilst expensive, well worth the cost, in fact I would say outstanding value for the experience. Thanks to all the staffSpecial Features:
- Always check your final bill.NormskiDined on 15/7/2014We experienced a very nice dinner for 2 at Cliveden. The set menu dinner was chosen. When given our final bill, there was a charge of £53 for champagne which we did not order and a charge of £11 for coffee which was already included in the set menu price. The waiting staff are not at the top of their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLuvlylunchDined on 15/7/2014We had a wonderful experience. Driving up to the hotel instead of parking in the NT car park made you feel it was going to be nice. The welcome and the hotel entrance was beautiful. The dining room was very elegant with stunning views to the gardens and the river beyond. The food was beautifully presented and the professional attitude of the staff helped make it feel a special experience. A member of our group required gluten free menu and nothing was too much trouble when explaining what was in the food which made her relaxed to enjoy the meal along with us. Walking round the gardens afterwards was an added bonus. We shall recommend it to our friends. We will be back.Special Features:
- Saturday lunchFuerteloverDined on 12/7/2014We had lunch at Cliveden last Saturday, on a beautiful sunny day, which really enhanced all the beautiful grounds. It was a belated celebration of my friend Joys' & my 70th birthdays. The food was exquisite, but don't expect large portions! They had asked in advance about any food allergies & I mentioned my Lactose intolerance, which they had duly noted & my food came without any dairy, but no alternative sauces in their place. The dessert was an alternative, & the best one I have been offered in a restaurant. It was a banana souffle & was delightful & soooooo light & delicious. All in all a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful day outeatwellDined on 10/7/2014We took our daughter to Clivedon for a birthday treat and after looking around the impecable grounds and gardens we dined in the Andre Garrett restaurant which was a very enjoyable experience. The dining room is so charming and the staff were very attentive. Makes us want to make it a once a month occasion.Special Features:
- Tasting MenuMarksyyDined on 8/7/2014Had booked for a special 25th anniversary meal and it lived up to our expectations. We loved the menu and how each course was brought with a full explanation of its conception! The service made us feel very special. Just one thing I would say is because we had a table for 8.15 ( I had wanted 8 but guess it was booked) it meant that by the time we had finished all 8 courses the restaurant had virtually emptied and tables were being cleared around us for the next day which made us feel a little rushed at the end. Just something to be aware of. However we had coffee and Bon boms to finish in the Great Hall and felt very spoilt. Thank you for a fab evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedJuneDined on 30/6/2014This is fourth time we have visited for lunch and the standard fell well below other occasions. The food was well presented, but not outstanding, and we felt the waiting staff in the restaurant could be improved as to their knowledge or what is included with the dish. It is a stunning location, a shame the lunch did not meet our expectations.
- Not that impressedeatoutDined on 28/6/2014We were looking forward to lunch, and impressed with drive up to Hotel. Impressive building and reception lounge. Nice Dining room and after that it all went rather flat. Service was ok - not much personality on show, and little enthusiasm for the customers from the staff. All 3 courses were ok but I expected much more taste and flavour from the dishes. Our mani course fish was slightly overcooked and dry. Would need to know something significant had changed before we go again. Overall a disappointing experience
- work in progressJeppeDined on 25/6/2014first time back since new owners and compared to the price tag, it simply underwhelmed. The food was just fine with a hint of being rushed. The service was very polite but completely lacking in standard. Our table was 30min late, they got the wrong wine, read out menus was very mechanical and hard to understand due to poor English and lacked any sort of knowledge e.g. he couldnt tell you which cheeses were cow vs goat, etc. Point being, that for the price tag (and wonderful setting) they really need to do better. We are not overly fuzzy guests but professional couple aged 40 and used to good London standards. Im hoping they get this right soon or this place ends up in the long sorrow line of money making machines with no soul...Special Features:
- EddieECdiningDined on 23/6/2014We had a lovely evening and the food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unforgettable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/6/2014We had a wonderful lunch - perfect in every way. Food, service and drinks were fantastic, exactly what to expect in a place like this. I'm a coeliac and had mentioned that in the booking. We were given canapes at the terrace while having our drinks and I was given a gluten free option without having mentioned anything at arrival. Impressive - even by this kind of establishment. Food and service fantastic. A real experience. Service was friendly and personal yet professional. I would recommend it to anyone having a real interest and appreciating excellent food, service and wine.Special Features:
- Best dinner on our UK vacationoesyDined on 19/6/2014Andre Garrett restaurant at Cliveden was a supreme treat. From start to finish we were well taken care of, with special mention for the service provided by George and Christianna. Both the setting and the cuisine were fabulous.Special Features:
- LovelyMarilynDined on 13/6/2014Beautiful - perhaps incomparable surroundings. Wonderful food. Best of all it was no problem hearing my friends across the dinner table with its lovely fresh rosemary and rosemary flowers on the table. Excellent. Would go all the time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.