Great Missenden, HP16 0QTNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anniebaileys.com/
- Phone: 01494865625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Sunday from midday to 2:30 pm
Dinner: Monday to Saturday from 6:30 pm to 9:15 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Malcolm Nolan, Andrew Fairall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Yes, available. Dependent on customer.
A word from Annie Baileys
Contemporary restaurant in the heart of the Chilterns. Beautiful patio, ideal for those lazy Summer days with a glass of Rose and a plate of mussels. Very informal, relaxed style of service. Interesting and very competitively priced menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annie Baileys reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent Christmas lunchGiraffyDined on 13/12/2012Annie Bailey's is always an excellent choice for lunch or dinner. The staff are friendly (although disappointingly our waitress did say Thursday was her last shift), the food is good, the location convenient, in the summer the outside dining is lovely. Don't let the threat of HS2 put you off this excellent restaurantSpecial Features:
- Nice setting, easy access,TheLetterDined on 10/12/2012Nice setting, easy access, pleasant staff, prompt service, got what we ordered. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet lunchWoodmanDined on 5/12/2012We have enjoyed lunch here on several occasions but this time our party of four were the only people there apart from two others. Whether it was the cold weather I don't know but the place was warm and everything very satisfactory and they deserve to be busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annie Baileys Sunday LunchkrakatoachrisDined on 2/12/2012Service was good, but the menu was uninspired and food lacked a certain sparkle. Prices are good, so no quibble there. Generally, it was OK. To find a positive, the large group also in the restaurant seemed to have a good time, and so would recommend for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good could be betterjansDined on 26/10/2012Very enjoyable lunch. Food well presented and cooked well. Criticisms are service was vague - asked for samphire but didn't get it. Asked for dessert menu twice. No hot desserts - don't want sorbet on a cold and dreary day. Could have been warmer in restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the s team 5the5teamDined on 11/10/2012Very Friendly staff cater for special food requirements . Vegetarian cottage pie was lovely also black pudding and scallops and steak with chips the family all enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great new lunch menuAnonymousDined on 11/10/2012We were at Annie Bailey's on the 2nd day of its new lunch menu, and the food was fantastic. There were about 4 options under each of the starters and main courses. We both had the seafood risotto, which was very creamy and chock full of mixed seafood. We were pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food and will certainly be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit disappointingEddieTheDogDined on 15/9/2012Pleasant surroundings, and good service from cheerful waitress.However, the food was disappointing for the price.My sirloin steak was on the tough side, although flavour nice. 2 of us had the special -again flavour nice but presentation lacking- resembled school dinner, swimming in gravy.One of us is a veggie, and there was ample choice. I found the menu disappointing:2 burger dishes, steak and fish/chips out of around 8 or so dishes. I looked at menu before booking, and have just checked it again, and on line it does look more varied and inviting. The meal for the four of us cost around £140, including a bottle of wine at just under £20, 4 starters, 4 mains and 2 desserts and coffee, excluding service.
- Good food at a reasonable pricedineoutmoreDined on 8/9/2012The restaurant wasn't very busy, which was surprising for a Saturday night as the food was excellent - really tasty and very well presented. The restaurant has a nice feel to it and not excessively expensive (between £25 and £30 per head for a three course meal with wine). Would definitely eat there again. Have also eaten lunch there, which again was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouiet Night Out!DadydeliciousDined on 24/8/2012We went to Annie Bailey's on Friday to celebrate our Daughters exam results. Couldn't really understand why this great little pub is so quiet. Perhaps they should advertise their great £20.00 fish and Chip meal for two with drinks or their Steak night specials on Wednesday more widely? The menu is a little over priced, especially the puddings but we couldn't fit one in anyway after our lovely Rib Eye steaks and home made burgers. My advice would be to give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked on-line for a supperLeoladDined on 10/8/2012Booked on-line for a supper a-deux. The restaurant was empty but we were greeted warmly. We ordered a half bottle of champagne which the waitress poured into two glasses brim-full. We could sit outside for a while and sip it while we looked at the menu. Nothing special but the food was good and plentiful. From being a faintly pretentious and expensive restaurant it is now unpretentious and more reasonable, but verging on the scruffy. It looked better as more diners arrived. We'd go again but for basic food well cooked and wine at reasonable prices, not a special occasion. Really what the area needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside dining a la Europe in BucksSandmarkDined on 10/8/2012Great atmosphere and location - fantastic when the weather is good to sit outside and dream of being in Europe due to the stylised courtyard and murals. Great food, choice and prices are acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not what I was expectingKatedDined on 28/7/2012We ate here on Saturday night, a table of 4 for my birthday. The restaurant used to have a magnificent reputation and I had been meaning to eat here for a few years. It was, frankly a little dissapointing, not because of the actual food or service, both were fine but because it is not actually a quality restaurant, it is at best a bistro pub with food to match. Very limited menu and poor wine list, nil atmosphere, it was very, very quiet, maybe 4 tables in use, on a Saturday night! Scruffy stained and creased menu cards, my cutlery was dirty, and had to be changed. One lady serving tables, minding the bar , cleaning up etc, probably did not need more as it was so quiet.. She was however absolutely charming, and Very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- DisappointingBarryDined on 7/7/2012I had been to Annie Baileys in the past at another location and had a very pleasant meal in nice surroundings; however, this was a different experience. While the service and food quality was good, the ambience of the dining room was poor. The decoration looked very 'tired', the menu card I was given was stained, the tables felt sticky and the table lights were not alight. There was only one member of staff looking after front of house and waiting at tables; the young lady coped well but did not have enough time or capacity to pay attention to detail.
- SaddenedchunksDined on 7/7/2012My boyfriend and I came to AB regular for romantic dinners and great evening meals. It was somewhere that felt great from when you arrived to leaving. When we arrived 7th July 12 it felt different like empty, no ambience or romance. We had booked a table for 2 but was told we could choose any table but not one for 4 people as they we for possible customers, after 3 other couples were told the same a couple came in and sat a table for 4 althought only 2, that kinda miffed us as the restuarant was not busy at all. The menu had changed and not alot on it compared to before. The specials board was half full, we thought it had not been finished. The food was ok but im afraid sadly that will be our last visit to Annie Baileys. :(Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday roasts, but...UnclutteredDined on 17/6/2012The roast beef had all the trimmings, but my son prefers his meat a little rarer. My husband had steak cooked to his taste. Other son had stuffed pork loin which he enjoyed. I had the fish, which being a snapper was as bony as expected, but cooked to perfection so the bones were easily removed. It did lack any carbohydrates. I try not to fill myself on the delicious bread they supply free before your meal at Annie Baileys, but I think I should have saved some to go with the fish. Fortunately pork loin son didn't want all his cous cous, so I had some of that. Possibly some diners like the 'carb free' options, but I think waiters should point out at the time of ordering when a meal has an essential element missing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely disappointing!dinerDined on 13/6/2012Having been to this pub restaurant once before and enjoyed it, we decided to go there for a birthday meal. Sadly we were extremely disappointed by the meal and the whole experience on this occasion. Mediocre food, friendly but inadequate service, and no atmosphere whatsoever. Will not go there again.
- Very friendly staff who wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2012Very friendly staff who were eager to help. The food was delicious but menu slightly limited.
- We met friends for lunch -OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/5/2012We met friends for lunch - just the right atmosphere and menu.Special Features:
- It was cold and wet when weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2012It was cold and wet when we went to Annie Baileys for lunch. The welcome was warm and we were seated close to the open fire. As we warmed up we were shown the specials on the blackboard and were handed the full menu. We both enjoyed our meals, the ambiance and the very good service. We will certainly eat here again.
- We attended on a midweek lunchtime,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 26/4/2012We attended on a midweek lunchtime, the lunch set menu was good value at £11.95 for two courses. The food was presented well and very nice but the atmosphere was dead, we were the only two in the whole place and even though the waitress was good it just didn't work for us. We might try again on an evening to see if it is any better.Special Features:
- We always visit Annie BaileysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2012We always visit Annie Baileys when we come to a local Craft Fair and have always enjoyed our meals here. It has beautiful views of the countryside, it has a mouthwatering menu, and the set menu has excellent choices too and is very good value - you must try chef's home made soups! The atmosphere and decor are relaxing and the staff are friendly and helpful. There is also al-fresco dining for sunny weather in the Tuscany-style patio. You don't have to go abroad to feel you are on holiday.
- Annie Baileys, nr Gt Missenden ItPeweewDined on 4/4/2012Annie Baileys, nr Gt Missenden It was steak night & the steaks were very good - perfectly cooked! Calamari as starter special was very deep fried & a small portion - disappointing for the price.
- Pleasant Saturday lunch. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 17/3/2012Pleasant Saturday lunch. Friendly staff and good menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 15/3/2012Excellent meal, attentive but discreet service, in a pleasant environment. A good selection of menu items and specials with an imaginative combination of ingredients. I will be going again.
- We had a lovely evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2012We had a lovely evening. The food was very good and staff very friendly. We have been before and we will be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, pleasant atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Excellent food, pleasant atmosphere, attentive staff, and last but not least great value for money.
- Cloud nineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 28/2/2012An unforgettable wedding anniversary meal, the food was spectacular mouth watering and the vegetables were cooked perfectly. The waiter service was excellent, prompt and non intrusive, I highly recommend this eating establishment.Special Features:
- I have previously eaten atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 19/2/2012I have previously eaten at the restaurant in the summer, having sat outside, we had a very enjoyable This time we sta inside, was disappointed with the decor and the ambiance. Waiter service was great. Great menu choice.Special Features:
- We had a really enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2012We had a really enjoyable evening at Annie Baileys. The staff were delightful, the food was excellent: great flavours and high quality home-cooked food. The restaurant was quite quiet probably due to the snow - just needed a few more people to bring it to life! Definitely recommend for that difficult 'middle ground' - great food, well priced without any fuss.
- My husband and I have dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012My husband and I have dined at Annie Baileys several times and have never had a bad experience there. The food is always extremely good and we are always well looked after by the waiting staff, nothing is too much trouble.Special Features:
- Annie Baileys on the CheshamSalsafanaticDined on 7/2/2012Annie Baileys on the Chesham Road was a great place for a girlie catch up. It was warm and comfortable and the staff were friendly but not overattentive. The menu was quite restricted but food was generous and had a home-cooked appearance. and taste.
- We eat regularly at AnnieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2012We eat regularly at Annie Bailys .Service is excellent ,staff friendly and food good value for money .
- Good food at reasonable prices;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2012Good food at reasonable prices; helpful, friendly service and a relaxed cosy atmosphere.Special Features:
- Roadside former pub, withPeteVIPDined on 29/1/2012Roadside former pub, with reasonable food and good service.
- Have heard so many good talesAylesburyLadyDined on 12/1/2012Have heard so many good tales about Annie Baileys over the years so was disappointed to find a somewhat tired pub with a lacklustre menu. Waited 15 minutes to get specials board. Tagliatelle with mixed mushrooms was gorgeous but boy what an insultingly small portion! Rib eye steak chewy but good flavour. Pub wasn't busy but one and only waitress seemed to struggle to be attentive although cheery & helpful.
- We visited Annie Baileys atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2012We visited Annie Baileys at Great Missenden on 11/1/12 .The staff are all friendly and the food and service is excellent .Wednesday is steak night and they are well cooked and good value for money .You can eat in the dining room or bar area . Recommended .
- Nice atmosphere, plenty ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012Nice atmosphere, plenty of parking, simple but well sized food portions. Delicious food but not enough desserts on offer. No high chairs available so we brought our own booster seat. Friendly staff. Lovely open fire.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, plenty ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012Nice atmosphere, plenty of parking, simple but well sized food portions. Delicious food but not enough desserts on offer. No high chairs available so we brought our own booster seat. Friendly staff. Lovely open fire.
- A late decisionto go out forPeteDined on 31/12/2011A late decisionto go out for dinner at New Year meant we were lucky to get in and it turned out to be a nice surprise. Set menu which wasn't mentioned on booking but luckily there was something my girlfriend would eat - but it had sold out so the vegetarian option had to do. Friendly, welcoming staff but totally overrun. Food was good. Lovely bream on lobster ravioli and an excellent dessert platter. Disppointed not to be offered bread in lieu of acceptable starter so full price felt expensive.