36 - 38 White Hart Lane
London, SW13 0PZNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.anniesrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02088782020
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 10:00AM - 12:00PM
Lunch: Daily 12:00PM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM, Friday & Saturday 5:00PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Needes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Annie's-Barnes
Annie's has became a local institution - seductive sumptuous with an eclectic mix of richly coloured wallpaper and fabrics, dark wooden tables, chandeliers, cushions, candles and roses - an overall impression of charming shabby chic. Annie's is unique, fun and when the evening falls becomes fashionably romantic. Annie's food is what people really want to eat. Open for brunch - lunch and dinner seven days a week. Eggs Benedict for brunch, fish and chips or char grilled chicken, roast beetroot, peach and endive salad for lunch or Rib eye steak for dinner not to forgot the legendry sticky toffee pudding, probably the best you'll find. All fresh, beautifully served and reasonably priced. Popular during the hot summer month's Annie's comes into its own with beautiful outside dining and a secret garden in the Barnes restaurant. The service is swift and friendly with staff that really do care about the customer. Great food is served in a friendly informal atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Annie's-Barnes reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (33)sunday lunch (32)romance (24)fit for foodies (23)brunch (21)child friendly (20)outdoor eating (19)group bookings (13)good vegetarian options (7)business meals (5)outstanding value (5)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Great Sunday lunchdebbDined on 19/10/2014Great service as ever for a lively, family Sunday lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent!julesDined on 20/9/2014Came with 3 friends who had never dined at Annie's before. They all loved it, 7pm table, fun and friendly atmosphere, food, service, wine was all perfect. We'll be coming back soon!Special Features:
- AB123Dined on 5/9/2014Wonderful friendly service. We booked last minute but had a really nice evening and were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived to when we left. We weren't made to feel rushed at all. Lovely food and all in all a lovely experience. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as AlwaysMooshVIPDined on 3/9/2014New menu with some staple favourites. Always good choices. Food was excellent as was the service. Always happy to return.Special Features:
- Fun meal massive portCatJobVIPDined on 20/8/2014Annies is always buzzing and this night was no different, very busy but service was great. The Cosmopolitan was very well made and delicious, the fish and chips were perfectly cooked, not greasy or soggy just yummy. My husband had the burger and his only complaint was the piece of slate it was served on...it was just too small and annoying to eat off a regular plate would work much better!Special Features:
- Nice surprise40milestoeatDined on 7/8/2014Very warm reception on a first time visit. Great table outside and the restaurant filled up with people clearly having a good time. Lobster dishes were good.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysMooshVIPDined on 29/7/2014Another lovely meal at Annies. Always changing the menu with great success so when you go you know there will be something different to eat. An excellent meal was had by all with great service. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly serviceClaretDined on 5/7/2014The food was delicious - salt and pepper squid a favourite! Service very friendly and good with the children. Lovely outside space also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly not goodFleurDined on 23/6/2014we are regulars at annies in chiswick and for a change decided to come to barnes. I particularly like their fish and chips but at Barnes it was awful and such a surprise. greasy fish, the chips felt stale and the sauce was v odd - thick but foamy almost. we were in a meeting so didn't want to point out to the staff. also it is not a high street chain I think just the 2 branches - surely there can be consistency in such basic dishes. My husbands sea bass special was quite good. the fish cake starter had way too much potato, barely any fish.although space and ambience is beautiful esp the outdoor factor, not sure I will go back. we'll definitely be going to Annies in Chiswick again.
- Friendly and Delicious!ccnyclonDined on 7/6/2014I have lived in SW for two years and hadn't yet stumbled across Annie's, but I'll definitely be coming back. For a relaxed evening meal it has a fantastically unpretentious, but lively atmosphere, wonderful food and staff who are friendly and attentive. Can't rate it highly enough if you want a relaxed bite somewhere with personality that isn't super formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food and lovely service!!BarnickalDined on 4/6/2014The food was yummy, and the staff took such great care of us. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied.Janicek0hDined on 25/5/2014Annie's Barnes provided good ambience, excellent services. Friendly and welcoming staff in the restaurant. Food was good and portion was good. The ambience of the restaurant is nice and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our Sunday specialWebboDined on 18/5/2014Great food, service and venue!!!! They accommodated us at the last minute with the table we asked for. The chicken is amazing there and the portions are generous. Our waiter was attentive, witty and warm as were the rest of the staff. The interior is quaint and elegantly design with a lovely little outdoor area at the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 18/5/2014We had not been for a few years and were disappointed, especially by service which never really came our way.
- ExcellentMooshVIPDined on 13/5/2014It exceeded previous visits. Food was delicious although service a little swift. Would have preferred more dining time. Would revisit.Special Features:
- Always goodSJJamesDined on 4/5/2014This was my first trip to Annies in Barnes but I have been to Annies in Strand on the Green many times. The good news is that the quality of the food and the service is still great, I had a deep fried squid starter which was perfect and the Belly Pork which, whilst good, was a little on the rich side. The cheese they use for dessert is great and the Turning Heads Sauvignon Blanc was perfect. So altogether, very happy as usual.Special Features:
- Great foodcelebrate2getherDined on 27/4/2014We had a great celebratory meal at Annie's on Sunday lunch time. There was a really good choice of food - especially several choices of fish. The service was good but we felt that the staff could have been a little friendly especially they could have tried harder to relate to the teenagers who were with us. That said we really enjoyed our celebration and the food in particular. Would definitely goo for a meal again at anytime of day.Special Features:
- Great specials at AnniesJlsAVIPDined on 26/4/2014Food as ever great, such a lovely cosy ambience at Annie's, we love coming back, and the food never let's you down, good specials.Special Features:
- Dependable qualityXXXXVIPDined on 4/4/2014Always a pleasant experience - well prepared solid food, creative decor, friendly serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly neighourhood restaurant..yummy3Dined on 30/3/2014Friendly neighourhood restaurant.. Limited selection on Sundays particularly if when you arrive as in our case, they have run out of roast beef. That said, it is good and reasonable value. Brief but good wine list for casual dining and helpful with fussy children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annie's as good as people sayNikkimunchDined on 30/3/2014Had a fab meal on Mother's Day we got booking time wrong and they sorted us with no fuss Lovely food atmosphere and decor Deffo returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and a greatMattDined on 22/3/2014Fantastic food and a great dining experience. Excellent service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local gemJanineousDined on 21/3/2014After many years of going to my favorite local restaurant (Annie's) I remain impressed with the duo of great food and great ambiance! Great ambiance,imaginative selection of cocktails, reliable and consistent quality dinning experience and sense of occasion .......always!Special Features:
- Have been a few times to Annie'sSkimaDined on 16/3/2014Have been a few times to Annie's and it's a firm favourite. Had our first Sunday lunch there and was supr tasty and generous portions- had half a roast chicken with lovely gravy and well cooked veg. Plus being such a great day a bottle of Rose went down a treat. The small outside space is made to look great and really cosy... A nice sun trap too thanks for a lovely afternoon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great modern european eateryrogerrogerDined on 13/3/2014Good location , great ambience , excellent menu , delicious , fresh , superbly cooked food , friendly attentive service , good value ..what more could I ask form a restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as our last visit.SanbethDined on 9/3/2014Not as good as our last visit. It took nearly 20mns to have our order taken when restaurant was half full. However once our waiter came he was excellent throughout the meal and attentive to our kids. Food selection was good but mixed reviews on quality. My goat cheese soufflé starter was a little cold and hardly no vinaigrette in the salad. Sunday roast was very average in presentation, loaded in meat (3 generous lamb slices) but vegetables were poor- soggy potatoes and only 2 carrot slices (odd). Yorkshire pudding was good. My partner had the squids to start with and they were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brill Time On Sunday At Annie'sMaseDined on 2/3/2014I was there with my good and amy my parents on a sunday. There was a great atmosphere and the staff were excellent. All of us were very pleased with our food and there wasn't fault through out our experience. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Sunday LunchRichardDined on 23/2/2014We booked for a family Sunday lunch at Annie's. The menu was interesting the service very friendly and the atmosphere great. The food was excellent but the portions really too large 4 out of 5 of us couldn't get through our main course - I recommend going there when you're really hungry or aiming to only have one course. Very good for group bookings.Special Features:
- Highly recommend Annie's in BarnesfoodforthoughtDined on 18/2/2014I have dined at Annie's in Barnes twice in the last 2 weeks. Having been once, we went back for more. Great ambience and food, and perfect fun and friendly service. We had the same waiter and he was excellent, exactly the right approach to quality service and cheerful interaction. Bravo Annie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always fabulousiangowestDined on 9/2/2014You can always count on the good being fabulous ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disapointedLove2eatDined on 27/1/2014Food excellent as usual. Service slow and incorrect order delivered for our starters. This evening would not deter me from going again as we have, in the past, had great meals at both Annie's and Rock and Rose (sister restaurant).
- Amazing Annie'slovemylunchDined on 26/1/2014This is our favourite local lunch-venue, keep coming back and are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet to be disappointedMarkVIPDined on 24/1/2014Another enjoyable evening at Annie's - great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodWalker2Dined on 18/1/2014Excellent food with excellent service. Restaurant itself has a smart gastro-pub feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annie's always delivers a fab mealMDMDVIPDined on 18/1/2014I went with my parents and my husband to Annie's as they have a good selection of veggie options on the menu for my mum. I've been there a number of times and have always enjoyed a great meal in a lovely restaurant with friendly and attentive service. No doubt I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely venuekoalaDined on 11/1/2014Great food and attentive service ...background music perhaps a little loud for a Sat morning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencepigletDined on 14/12/2013A beautiful restaurant with fantastic service and delicious food at reasonable prices. Such a pretty place, we were given a corner table and our waiter was very polite and attentive. The food was excellent and portions were hearty - dessert was slightly below the standard of the rest of the meal as my chocolate almond cake was a little dry. would definitely go back again, we had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab evening at Annies in BarnesMDMDVIPDined on 21/11/2013We had a fantastic evening at Annie's. The staff were super friendly and bantered with the table and made good suggestions. Every course was delicious, particularly the 'specials' dessert of Pecan Pie. Yum!Special Features:
- A gem around the cornerFoodfinaticDined on 14/11/2013The ambiance in Annie'a reminds me of my childhood home. Typically warm, cozy, friendly and outstanding food. The choc-bread pudding was a taste away from home that will take me back every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Child friendlyJlsAVIPDined on 3/11/2013Great Sunday linch with a 1 and a 3 year old we were made to feel very wellcomeSpecial Features: