Apsley's A Heinz Beck Restaurant
1 Lanesborough Place
London, SW1X 7TANeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £41 and over
Apsley's A Heinz Beck Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lanesborough.com/en/apsleys_restaurant_london
- Phone: 02073337254
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 2:30pm, 4pm - 6pm, 7pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Italian
- Executive Chef: Heros De Agostinis
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table
A word from Apsley's A Heinz Beck Restaurant
Apsleys - a Heinz Beck Restaurant in London’s iconic Lanesborough Hotel at Hyde Park Corner has scaled the culinary heights under the direction of the three Michelin-starred German chef and gained its own Michelin star. Together with Executive Chef Heros De Agostinis, Beck has created a menu that focuses on lighter Mediterranean-inspired dishes like sea bass cannolo, roast pigeon with pearl onion and mustard seed sauce and potato gnocchi with shellfish broth – very attuned to the way we like to dine in the 21st century. Apsleys' stunning Venetian-style dining room, with its glass roof and plush upholstery, is one of London’s most beautiful dining spaces, an elegant setting for any occasion. At lunchtime, Apsleys' ‘Menu del Giorno’ is popular with local business people, while Beck’s seven course tasting menu is ideal for celebratory dinners. The well-spaced tables give a subdued ambience and afternoon tea here is a delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Apsley's A Heinz Beck Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since 22 October 2013
special occasions (86)romance (55)fit for foodies (51)business meals (44)afternoon tea (31)sunday lunch (17)brunch (16)outstanding value (13)pre/post theatre (10)group bookings (9)good vegetarian options (8)disabled access (6)Show More
- Sad to see it goFinefoodplcDined on 20/12/2013Apsley's was one of my favourite restaurants, with an interior that was hard to beat in London. So it's very sad to see it shutting down and being refurbished. We ate here on the very last night so I suspect this review is somewhat redundant, however, the food was utterly delicious and I am hoping chef Beck opens up another London site. Sadly we could tell from the level of service that it was the last evening - there was just a general air of distraction amongst the staff. Added to which the wine list had been heavily reduced which was a little disappointing. Still, it was good to come here one last time. I'll be interested to see what it becomes in 9 months' time.
- From the moment we walkedCulinarychicaVIPDined on 19/12/2013From the moment we walked in Apsley's was like walking into another world - serene, classy and beautiful. I dined with a fellow girlfriend for lunch and we went on a TT offer - which wasn't really an 'offer' as the two/three course 'cheaper' menu of the day was actually already a daily hotel offer. Every single course - without exception - was beautifully executed, with exquisite tastes and full of flavour, from the warm fresh rolls to the petit fours. Absolutely top, top food... Though it'd be pretty highly priced to eat a la carte. Worth going for the menu of the day though. Would definitely go again - highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality does not come cheapEIDHVIPDined on 19/12/2013Always a treat - service is impeccable as is the food. Wish I could afford to go more often, it is conveniently close to my home and office ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great romantic ambiancedcelDined on 18/12/2013My husband and I decided to try Apsley's for our anniversary and what a night out it was. The food was beautiful, the service attentive but not obstrusive and the ambiance set the tone for a lovely romantic evening. We were initially thinking of having a three course meal but ended up having the seven course tasting menu and i'm glad we did. The food was delicious especially the signature dish Fagotelli Carbonara. I am not a food critique so will not even attempt to be one but the explosion of flavours on each of the dishes was sublime. If you ever need to take someone on a romantic night out for a special occasion, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Christmas dinnerteeyanVIPDined on 18/12/2013I went to Aspley's with some friends and had the TT 3 course + a drink deal. The setting is grand and definitely has the wow factor. The food is first class and so it the service.Special Features:
- We had an absolutely brilliant118TerryDined on 18/12/2013We had an absolutely brilliant time at Apsley's A Heinz Beck restaurant 18th Dec. It is not a venue we frequent often as we are not in the wealth bracket of most of your patrons; however, it was a great choice for our Xmas treat to ourselves :-) Can I just say, the front of house team are superb; courteous, attentive, friendly, but not intrusive. The food was divine, but what I like about the menu is that there are sufficient delicious choices available for me to want to come back again, and again, and happily choose something completely different for each course. All in all, a fantastic night out, and…….I will be back! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all. Kind regardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and service.KSBKDined on 17/12/2013Just what you would expect from Beck and Lanesborough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch SetngohukDined on 17/12/2013I brought a business partner for lunch at Apsley's. The food and service was excellent and special, and for good value. I will come back again. Portions could be slightly bigger - I've had slightly bigger portions at other fine dining establishments for lunch.
- Food is bad but great ambienceZenFranjouDined on 17/12/2013The food was below standard. I had the pumpkin soup but it didn't taste like any of pumpkin soup I have ever tasted. It was not a bit sweet but quite salty instead. I let my friend to tasted it. The mentality was shared. I only had 4 spoons and that was it. However, the service was very good there. When the waiter saw me hardly drinking my soup, he asked me what went wrong and if I wanted something else instead and he also waived my soup in the bill. I ordered sole for my main. It was wrapped with basil and really looked like a fish finger. It was just ok lack of taste. Overall I would not recommend to any foodies. But I have to say the ambience and the service was very good. Going there for afternoon tea should be great!Special Features:
- Not relevant as I believe2eatornot2eatDined on 16/12/2013Not relevant as I believe it is about to close for 9 monthsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Pergola a LondonaAleksandraDined on 16/12/2013Having eaten at La Pergola I've been keen to eat at Beck's London restaurant. Whilst it may not be 3* it surpasses it's 1*! As a special treat for a dear friend, it was wonderful. Rome it may not be, but the food was reminiscent of La Pergola and the pumpkin ravioli was superb!! The only mar was the service. Whilst attentive, it was aloof and at times obnoxious. Still, if you would like a taste of La Pergola, there's no need to fly to Rome!Special Features:
- Very attentive...Lulu2Dined on 13/12/2013Very attentive service, beautiful room, very good food, slightly sombre atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcharged lunchchunkyDined on 13/12/2013Lunch at Apsleys was just about OK. Nothing spectacular although very friendly service. However, this was marred by being overcharged. Coffee was shown as inclusive in the price on the menu but we were charged separately for our coffees on top of the set lunch price. It was sorted out (only because I had noticed that coffee was inclusive when reading the menu - more luck than judgement) but that sort of thing always leaves a doubt in one's mind ! Not a very big deal, I know, but enough to put one off.Special Features:
- Superb food, elegant ambiencealexdDined on 13/12/2013The set lunch we enjoyed was consistently superb and, given the quality of the food, excellent value for money. This is London cuisine at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badHellobVIPDined on 12/12/2013this was my 4th time to aspley, the previous experiences were very good, but this time was very bad. The service was bad, the portion and the quality of food reduced a lot... really not recommendSpecial Features:
- Very ProfessionalCaroleMDined on 11/12/2013Had a lovely lunch, staff very attentive and professional, look forward to seeing the reincarnationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to this placechoppyVIPDined on 11/12/2013I have been to this place a few times now & the service has gone downhill. My friend and I was there first & there was a queue of people behind us. The head waiter greeted us in offered our coats to the cloak room but pointed it round the corner instead of taking it off us? Another incident I chose 2x glasses of wine for lunch, but when we asked for the the bill they charged us a different glass which cost a lot more. I queried this but he turned around very rudely and said "But you chose this". I could not be bothered to argue & we ended up paying for it. This is not the first time this has happened either. Please sort out your service, all the waiters were so miserable, it does not cost to smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No servicekayeDined on 10/12/2013Food was cold. No services. We had to ask for water, menu, bread, the bill at least 3 times each. None of the waitering staff seems to speak nor understand English.
- Amazing servicediner2013Dined on 9/12/2013The service staff were amazing. So attentive, very courteous, friendly and helpful. Sommelier was fantastic. The food was very 'chefy' but not amazing...Special Features:
- Lunch with a friendaidaDined on 9/12/2013Very good food service and an overall excellent experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and LunchHairFairyDined on 9/12/2013We had a lovely lunch and were very well looked after by the entire staff, right from the moment we walked through the front door. There was an abundance of staff in the restaurant, possibly because it was not too busy. The food was excellent, both in terms of flavour and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light and yet delicious ItalianLinusZhangDined on 8/12/2013Light and yet delicious Italian Food that is rather hard to come by. This is the second time we went there and it not only reinforced our view towards the restaurant but also delighted us further with delicate food and very professional yet friendly service. highly recommending this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambience, great serviceScot72Dined on 7/12/2013Very nice restaurant with a nice ambience but exceptional service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was disappointinggrandnoVIPDined on 7/12/2013The food was disappointing this time. It maybe that this is due to a change of chef. Service etc extremely good.
- Very good food but confused serviceint5789VIPDined on 7/12/2013Apsley's is set within the opulent surroundings of the Lanesborough hotel. You would think that is a plus, but it actually detracts from the experience. There were 3 doormen at the entrance, all busy talking amongs themselves without a single one actually attending to the doors. The cloakroom assistant was unfriendly to say the least. The restaurant service was ok but not exactly contributing to an exceptional experience. In contrast to the unfriendly hotel staff and clumsy service, the food was absolutely excellent. Dishes were nicely presented, inventive and tasty.
- Festive Dining in Grand SurroundingMacyVIPDined on 6/12/2013This is the ideal restaurant for celebrating a special occasion. The ambience is grand, the service is very attentive and the food is of a high standard as you would expect for the lanesboro.Special Features:
- avoid like the plaque!SairDined on 5/12/2013I was looking forward to eating here, but was extremely disappointed with the quality and taste of food! My starter was a salmon with asparagus the dressing tasted like it came out of a cheap bottle you'd get from Tesco which made everything taste of it, Yuk! My main was so small I wondered where the other half was!! I had turkey which wasn't that much better than Bernard Mathews, awfully overly priced wine menu, didn't even have a Argentinian Malbec .... so so disappointed I had to stay quiet as not to upset my fellow dinners. I would avoid this restaurant at all cost if you looking for a taste experience! The only thing that was 'ok' here was the dessert, service and décor. For people with more money than sense!
- AMAZING venue, fantastic foodZWSRDined on 4/12/2013venue is stunning, food is sophisticated, delicious and has been given lots of attention. the turkey with breadcrust was the tenderest turkey i have ever put into my mouth and the thin breadcrust was just unbelievably crunchy and delicate. there were two very small complimentary dishes as well which add to the overall enjoyment of the experience. unlimited bread throughout. staff were very friendly and patient. too bad it's going to be under refurbishment for the coming year. will definitely return afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsSeafoodieDined on 30/11/2013Booked it for an Anniversary meal with the bf, got the 5 course tasting menu which was amazing, even had extra welcoming appetisers. The chef also prepared a special dessert for us with a happy anniversary writing on the plate, which looks as good as it tastes. Service was very good and tentative, great staff, great decor. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing exceptionluv2dineVIPDined on 30/11/2013Did not expect too much before going but end up it went further down my expectation. Food was good but nothing special (bread was delicious though). The 'highlight' was service - several times their staff did not look friendly (even giving us a long face when we said we did not want to order wine). We had to wait for a while before someone could notice us. Definitely room for improvement - particularly their service (the only one whom we felt very nice and helpful was the young 'breadman'). Their service might not go with the price - I wouldn't really recommend it.
- Best meal in london for a long timeClaymoreDined on 30/11/2013All I can say is absolutely fabulous. Visited on Saturday lunchtime with 5 girl friends for a Birthday lunch. We all agreed that the food was amazing, the staff were fabulous and the overall experience was the best afternoon we had had out all year. The wine is a little pricey but seeing as the food deal was so reasonable it wasn't an issue. Will be back as soon as it reopens in 2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for a ladies lunchmanganomDined on 30/11/2013We enjoyed lovely service and great food in a gorgeous light environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting but disappointinglhgeyesDined on 30/11/2013Lovely setting but disappointing experience compared to previous visits. Service felt rushed and a little impersonal. For the main course, the turkey option was unavailable surprisingly and the lamb which I ordered was overcooked. My friend who is vegetarian was charged £19.50 for a bowl of clear, tomato soup! Previous visits have always been of very high standard and excellent value. I emailed my feedback to the restaurant directly but received no response.
- LovelyramesDined on 30/11/2013Went for breakfast. Nice to see that unlike the Wolesly, everything here is cooked fresh. The service as usual is great, but prefered the conservatory when that was in operation. We were not made to feel rushed and set us up for our annual Christmas trip around London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aspleys at the LanesboroughthomasccDined on 29/11/2013Overall, Aspleys was a very good dining experience. The dining room is spectacular, with the glass ceiling and the magnificent chandeliers. The service is friendly, unintrusive and efficient. This is the perfect place for special occasions, made all the better by the food, which on the whole was very good. The first course of pumpkin and ginger soup with crispy ravioli was absolutely lovely, as was the dessert with the contrast of textures and flavours between the chocolate and the passion fruit. The main course was slightly disappointing, the Turkey was beautifully cooked but the dish itself with the mustard sauce and red currant was a little uninspired. All in all, a very pleasant and reasonably priced dining experienceSpecial Features:
- nice place-disappointing portionsmirabelleDined on 29/11/2013The food itself was OK, but the portions were miniscule, it makes nouvelle cuisine look generous. If you have a hearty appetite best not go for the lunch offer! The chocolates on offer with coffee were nice, and helped fill up my dining partner and myself a little, but we were still hungry after the two course lunch.
- I'm going to miss Apsleys!MadAboutFoodVIPDined on 29/11/2013Well, I've been to Apsleys many times and never been disappointed. The Lanesborough is a very special place in London and now I understand it is closing on 20 December for 12 months for refurbishment. Go there before it is too late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingly Tasting Menu Journey!SHOUDined on 28/11/2013Had a full 8-course tasting menu here with 5 friends/family - perfect sized group and a most beautiful journey of flavours, textures...showing off H.Beck's culinary prowess, delicacy and inspiration. This is world class, surprising/inventive cuisine, and an experience well worth the expensive price tag. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful mealCMSbeltDined on 28/11/2013Dining at Apsley is a stellar experience. It is located in a beautiful space with nice decor, but the food is the real star. The tasting menu reflects the brilliance of Heinz Beck. A marvelous fusion of flavors. The wine pairings are equally brilliant and perfectly matched each course. The service is perfect. No doubt it is expensive, but worth it if you want a sublime meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNEILVIPDined on 27/11/2013i just love this resturant - expensive - but worth it. such a shame its is to close on 20th Dec - will eagerly await to see what the refubishment bringsSpecial Features: