3-5 Montpelier Vale
London, SE3 0TANeighbourhood:
MediterraneanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellavistarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02083181143
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private function available to hire.
- Private Party Contact: Francesco 02083181143
A word from Aqua Blackheath
Following the success of the Aqua venues in buzzing South Croydon and Bromley and Galu Mediterranean Bar & Grill of leafy Nork in Banstead, Surrey, founder Chef Dasos Charalambous has returned with Aqua Blackheath. Dasos has worked in some of London’s finest hotels but seized the chance to open the Aqua restaurants. His two decades of expertise and Greek heritage will bring you a unique contemporary fusion of Greek, Italian and modern Mediterranean dishes. Our gorgeous, fully renovated premises offer a warm relaxed atmosphere where you’ll be able to have a west end dining experience at the convenience of our locality. Our attentive and welcoming team of staff will ensure your experience at Aqua will want to be repeated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Aqua Blackheath - Best restaurants in Blackheath ›
Aqua Blackheath reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (90)romance (61)group bookings (57)fit for foodies (52)sunday lunch (47)business meals (34)outstanding value (34)child friendly (21)good vegetarian options (16)pre/post theatre (13)brunch (10)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Romantic birthdayHusbandDined on 16/9/2014I told them since the booking that we were celebrating a birthday and they were very helpful. Surprises, candles, etc! Very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary family evening mealKitchDined on 16/9/2014We visited Aqua on recommendation of friends, for our wedding anniversary plus kids (20 and 17yrs) and were NOT disappointed. Service was very good, very friendly, food delicious and having consumed starters, mains and desserts (kids) we did try quite a selection of the menu to base our review on! I have become quite fussy about food I eat when out as I expect it to be well presented and tasty at the very least (so many places serve mediocre food which I could cook better at home) so to have enjoyed it as much says quite something about our Aqua experience. Would definitely recommend to others based on our visit for weekday dinner.Special Features:
- AQUAmickandjoanDined on 12/9/2014Nice food. The staff are friendly and are very attentive. The menu is quite varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A***OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Having not eaten in many places in blackheath i was a little un sure what to expect. I had booked a table for two for dinner on a thursday night. The front of the resteraunt was very busy but we was taken up towards the back where it was a little less busy and the lights were down a little lower. I had asked for a single red rose to be placed on the table and sure enough when we arrived it was there and was recieved very well. The food was absolutely fantastic although we only had a main each as we had other places to get to i could not fault it whatsoever. I order the kleftico which was honestly one of the best i have ever been served. I would recommened this place to anyone that maybe is a little unsure !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good eveningBlackheathBobDined on 5/9/2014We eat here regularly and find them very welcoming and consistently good. The restaurant was stifling hot but the waiter reacted well when asked to turn on the air con. The drinks were a little slow in arriving and the order was wrong but the waiters were attentive and moving too fast for the barman. My meal was a little cold but everyone else had a ball. It was very busy and we were a large party so I guess its understandable. The food is always very good and consistent. The value and service is also excellent and the manager very attentive. Still our favourite Blackheath restaurant and I would wholeheartedly recommend itSpecial Features:
- mindstoreDined on 24/8/2014Service was slow but friendly but food was very, very average and poor value for money. I would not recommend this restaurant,. There are many better ones in the area.
- good first experienceadzzDined on 23/8/2014A good first experience of aqua. The hosts were friendly, polite and informative. The food good and fairly reasonably priced. We went as a couple on a Saturday eve the place was busy but we were never left waiting. we'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!H87SweenDined on 22/8/2014This was our first visit to aqua and we weren't disappointed... We had a lovely round table for six which meant we could all talk to each other rather than people being either end of a table. We had an elderly relative with us and the staff were wonderful with her. Really busy buzzing restaurant, beautifully decorated inside and the food was gorgeous. Will definitely be going back xx thank you aqua xxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch 17 AugustRosemaryDined on 17/8/2014For a cheap set Sunday lunch menu at £15 for 2 courses and £17 for 3, exceptional value as I really liked all the choices. Waiter was very friendly and informative and I got the window table requested. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good value venue.arthur52Dined on 15/8/2014First time eating at this venue since the closure or Bella Vista, and not disappointed. Booed for 7pm dinner on a Friday, and the place was very busy, but our orders were taken quite quickly. The starters, crab salad / portabello mushroom, were of a good standard and size. The mains, calves liver / kleftiko, were very good. Service in general was very good, and despite having an early booking on a busy Friday, we weren't hurried by the staff. The only disappointing part to the evening was a long time delay getting in the desert course served, but in light of this, the cost was deducted from the bill. Overall, however, a very nice evening, and we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FriendoffoodDined on 13/8/2014Really enjoyed the salmon dish I had and the dessert was perfect too. The a la carte menu was such good value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommentsMAz123Dined on 10/8/2014Lovely newly refurbished restaurant, no criticism for this, facilities excellent, however slow service and when we had a roast lunch, we altered our order slightly and it seemed they could not cope, no carrots, extra other veg please, and gravy on the side. Oh, and the Yorkshire pud on the pork not the beef please. Simple we thought. We go three peas and a couple of beans and one floret of broccoli as the veg. We re-asked for the pudding and more green veg and got ample, so it worked out well in the end. Meat well cooked and very tasty and we ate it all. Service and staff dispositions great.Special Features:
- A lovely evening!SparkelinaDined on 9/8/2014I booked this restaurant for a pre-wedding get together for my sister and her bridesmaids (including me!) . Very nice decor, delicious well-priced food and great service made this a lovely special evening. Would definitely recommmend.Special Features:
- Perfect steakbistrokingVIPDined on 4/8/2014I ordered the fillet steak which was the best steak I had had for a long time. Often the fillet is bland and tasteless but not at Aqua - I opted to have the garnish that would accompany the sirloin but was very happy with my choice of steak. The sea bass was also very good.Special Features:
- Service charge! Why?JacksDined on 2/8/2014Food was above average, menu was great, staff were very friendly and efficient but why spoil it with a service charge? There are enough taxes in this world. Left a foul taste in my mouth!
- Not as good...MazzaDined on 31/7/2014Third time to the restaurant in 2 weeks as have had friends visiting. The first time was amazing, second time excellent yet the third time staff were less attentive. Would definitely recommend but I was expecting to be looked after just as well as the first time but this never worked outSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014The waiters were very attentive and friendly. They even informed us when the shifts were changing and introduced the next waiter. Everybody was happy with their food, the only criticism was that the peach in the puddings should have been warmed up or at least the option be given. On a whole was very happy with t h is restaurant. Would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top restaurant with personalityTheOnlyJamieDined on 25/7/20145* service by all the staff, helps this interesting Greek/Italiaen Mediterranean restaurant stand out from the crowd. Massive choice of starters and a refreshingly different choice of mains. The food presentation was beautiful. This was out first visit and for a birthday celebration. It won't be our last.Special Features:
- Yup it was goodGreybutfitDined on 23/7/2014A relatively new Aqua in Blackheath Village that has pleasant surroundings and quite a nice atmosphere. They had a specials menu which was 2 courses for £15. I had the steak that was very good. It came with a sauce and a nice bowl of fries. All the other meals looked nice as well. I would be happy to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing!!MazzaDined on 22/7/2014The 2nd time I've visited Aqua in a week! I went at the weekend with the girls, and the food, service and prices were amazing! I decided to take my husband and my dad who was down to visit a few days later! Again, an outstanding experience! The food is so good and the service is attentive without being in your face!Special Features:
- Saturday Night Feversandral88Dined on 19/7/2014I went to this restaurant with my partner to celebrate his birthday. It was a very busy night for the restaurant, this joint was jumping. So, something had to give, and unfortunately, it was the service. Apparently, they had a large party upstairs, so we had to wait some 40 minutes for our main course. When the food arrived we enjoyed it. The fillet steak was wonderful and my partner had rib eye and he could not fault it. Great food, shame about the service, however, towards the end of the night, the staff seemed to relax. My partner said he would go back, I on the other hand do not think I would. I think I would try another restaurant in this chain.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentDcmoDined on 19/7/2014Will always give favourable reviews as I get amazing service and food every tube I visit. It's just so lovely and the food consistently good and service is always incredibly friendly and welcoming. A real treat and my favourite restaurant in Blackheath and one of my top visits in London. Definitely worth visitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisySunrayDined on 19/7/2014Scallops to start, followed by the Sirloin Steak. Waiter was a bit odd. Had to practically go and get him to take our order. First he suggested I should change my starter to something completely different that would fit in more with what my friend wanted (and wasn't on the menu), which totally embarrassed by friend and had to laugh off. Then after going so far as actually pointing at the wine on the menu (as wasn't convinced he was getting it) still turned up with completely the wrong bottle. A lady came over with the correct bottle and seemed much more 'with it', as did the head waiter there. The food was lovely. Given the service and manor I think this is more a casual place with friends, not somewhere you'd take your parents etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, good service.ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzDined on 19/7/2014My two criticisms, this is not about the food or service which were good. I am one of those diners who likes to leave a tip rather that be charged 12 odd percent added to my bill as a service charge and also the annoying habit of waiters/waitresses coming around pouring my wine out. I like to decide when I need another glass of wine as do other members of the party. some drink more some drink less, so credit the customer to be able to decide when they need a top up. This way the bottle goes in no time, then the annoying phrase, would you like another bottle. But having said that, this applies to many restaurants, so a common annoyance.Special Features:
- Very Good As UsualNickDined on 19/7/2014Excellent food, although the mixed fish was a bit too much for my wife who found the swordfish a bit "solid". Very good service, not over powering, but respond quickly See you again..Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/7/2014This was our first visit to Aqua and it certainly won't be our last. I have already recommended the restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Fab Sunday LunchkatieambulanceVIPDined on 13/7/2014My best friend and I visited Aqua for Sunday Lunch after hearing rave reviews from other friends. I was very impressed with the lay out and decor of the restaurant, it is very smooth and well done. The service was fantastic. Our waiter saw we were planning our Amsterdam trip and gave us lots of tips which we will use. The Sunday Lunch menu is great value. I had the cypriot meatballs, roast lamb and chocolate pot for dessert all of which were top drawer. I also enjoyed a large glass of the merlot which was definitely large and very tasty. I would not hesitate to go back, infact I am already planning my next trip.Special Features:
- Good food, wine and atmosphere!shem07Dined on 12/7/2014We came here on a Saturday night with friends and was delighted at the food and style of the restaurant. We had a mixed meze to start, which was all delicious - enough for 2/3 to share and each element was tasty! Main courses followed quickly after, i had cod, my husband had a mixed grill (amazing size!) and other two had sirloin steak (one a little bloody when asked for well-done). No one could fault the food, portions were generous and everything was really flavoursome! The only faults I'd say were there wasn't much room on the table with wine and side dishes, felt a little cramped. And then they put 20% service charge on, which was pretty steep when service, although efficient was pretty lifeless and not very personal!Special Features:
- tastyLondonLillyDined on 12/7/2014lovely meal, great service and good wine, good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceKawlondondDined on 10/7/2014Very good value for money specially mon-thur with their special menu. Food sas very good, good portion sizes Only down side we had drinks first and the cocktail was ok but not great
- Friendly staff and great foodHMS2014Dined on 4/7/2014We hadn't eaten in Aqua before .... The young lady who welcomed us was friendly and engaging .... We booked for 9pm and so had a choice of tables ... The food really was excellent .... My steak was 'melt in the mouth' and the veg was cooked to perfection...... My other half had Souvlaki which was tasty and of ample portion (which went down a treat with him!) ..... Great place, friendly staff and excellently cooked food.... Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely service.YvonneODined on 21/6/2014Good looking restaurant. Lovely service. Food was okay but not flavoursome enough for my liking. But would go again to try other dish options and wine menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for fourSimone10Dined on 20/6/2014We had a great night out Good food excellent service Will come back :-)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic until we tried to payTed42Dined on 18/6/2014The meal itself was very good and our orders arrived quickly, with the complementary bread and olives at the start a nice touch. Unfortunately when we asked for the bill it took a long time to arrive, and longer still to actually pay - it was nearly half an hour after asking when we finally left, which was a frustrating end to an otherwise good evening.
- Fabulous!Mamacupcakes1Dined on 15/6/2014Great food, of a very high quality. Generous portions. Varied menu. Warm, welcoming staff. Relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday LunchDAL2675VIPDined on 15/6/2014Went to Aqua with family for Sunday lunch a few weeks ago - great Sunday lunch, but if you are looking for other options they do not do them on a Sunday, so just be aware of that! Friendly service, and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcomingMYCdinersDined on 15/6/2014Very friendly attentive and welcoming team. Good food and surroundingsSpecial Features:
- solid choicereviewer239584Dined on 6/6/2014Aqua is a nicely decorated restaurant offering very deliscious mediterranean influenced food. There are also a few British staples on the menu.Special Features:
- OldieVIPDined on 29/5/2014The set menu is excellent value for money, for such good quality food. Pleasant and attentive staff.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 26/5/2014Very good lunch. Pleasant service, no complaints. Would lunch there again