8 Lion Street
Ipswich, IP1 1DQNeighbourhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aquaeight.com/
- Phone: 01473 218989
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00PM - 2:15PM,
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00PM - 9:15PM; Friday - Saturday: 6:00PM - 11:00PM; Sunday: 5:30PM - 9:15PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Steve Tang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: We currently have an in-house Dj who performs on a monthly basis and we offer live music too.
A word from Aqua Eight
Winners of the Luxury & Lifestyle Awards 2014 "Best Restaurant in the UK". Runners Up in The Observer Food Awards in Best Restaurant & Best Places to Drink 2011. OpenTable Top 100 best Restaurants in the UK. Also Accredited by Best Bar None 2010/11. Aqua Eight redefines destination dining with its ultra-stylish design and innovative fusion of cuisine from across East Asia. Aqua restaurant provides an evening dining experience of Pan Asian cuisine, dishes such as black cod in miso and fired soft shelled crab with chilli & curry leaves. Eight Bar provides a relaxed atmosphere with an extensive selection of sprits, beers, champagnes and cocktails. We also provide light small eats, mezze dishes like scallop tuffles can be enjoyed in a more casual environment. New is our Aqua Garden is open in the evenings and at weekends, available for private parties,function hire, BBQ's and gourmet evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Aqua Eight - Best restaurants in Ipswich ›
Aqua Eight reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (84)romance (60)fit for foodies (49)group bookings (37)business meals (32)good vegetarian options (23)pre/post theatre (14)outstanding value (10)outdoor eating (3)child friendly (2)sunday lunch (2)brunch (1)Show More
- Birthday nightYummyDined on 16/11/2014We all scored our meals 11/10 before we'd finished the starter. Will definitely be back before there's another birthday! Fabulous evening had by all :-) When booking online mentioned it was my sons birthday. They had balloons at the table and brought a dessert out singing happy birthday! How nice was that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every way.NivlekDined on 16/11/2014From the time you enter the front door to the time you leave "everything" is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBharatSinghDined on 11/11/2014The restaurant had been recommended to me by some friends. So I decided to book a table for my 8th wedding anniversary. We arrived and the restaurant had a nice feel, good decore and a nice ambience for a Tuesday evening. Service was good and we proceeded to eat. Starters and interval course was of a high standard and very enjoyable. Unfortunately the main course didn't match up to the previous course. The seabass in teriyaki sauce; sauce was too rich and overbearing on the fish. I feel the crispy beef wasn't suited to the rest of the meal to be honest and it was very sweet with honey sauce. The most plesant thing about the main was the prawns and the veg was fantastic. Desert was absolutely lovely. Overall I came away a tad disappointed.Special Features:
- Aqua 8OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Food was seriously amazing , but it was very noisy due to the club downstairs and to use the toilet you had to go downstairs and work your way through the crowds to get to the toilets , and then I had to wait in a Que whilst my dinner was upstairs. would defo recommend for the good but not for a romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for an occasionEFrenchDined on 31/10/2014Food was fantastic and the atmosphere is always very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingYummyDined on 30/10/2014Lovely food and friendly staff however, we felt rushed. We ordered wine, we chased it twice and it finally arrived just as we were finishing our food. This was our fourth visit to the restaurant , we would return as we enjoyed our food. Overall dining experience a little disappointing this time though.
- Cocktails and excellent Asian food.GlyphDined on 24/10/2014Aqua eight is one of my favorite places to eat in Ipswich. After a couple of cocktails downstairs in the bar my wife and I enjoyed a lovely meal. The service was excellent and the food was first class. It's a little more expensive than your avarge eatery but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectstaffsDined on 22/10/2014Was not one wrong thing I could say about aqua 8, food was perfect, staff was perfect even the seats where comfy :) one of the best places I've been for foods :)Special Features:
- ambiencepacoDined on 11/10/2014Very noisy and loud people, the place use to be more classy, now apparently is attracting lots of loud and low people. Food and service still ok but the crow attending now make the place feel like an average one. Wouldn't recommend it if u want a quite romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Aqua EightYumYumDined on 3/10/2014Great dinner as always. Was a shame the bar downstairs shut at midnightSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDisappointingDined on 27/9/2014Venue was impressive, service was excellent. We chose a set menus as we hadn't been before and found the large menu disconcerting. We chose a fish dominated menu as we had a non meat eater with us. Food presentation was amazing but it actually lacked much flavour and for me was too dry. As a set menu I didn't think it showed enough variety or best samples of what was on the main menu. Later, thumping beat of 'music' from their downstairs bar spoilt the ambience upstairs. I was a bit disappointed but willing to try again as I feel there must be much more on offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerBluegateDined on 24/9/2014We were a party of 4 celebrating 2 birthdays between us. We had a splendid dinner having selected the option whereby the restaurant selected what we ate: and the choices served were excellent.. The service was excellent as was the service: a splendid evening was had by all.Special Features:
- Great experience, lovely food!!AgnesDined on 21/9/2014Every time I go there it's been an amazing food , friendly staff and nice atmosphere;) love it and enjoy the place so much!!Special Features:
- excellentkivellDined on 20/9/2014have not been for a while forgot how good the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic meal for twoEatat8Dined on 20/9/2014We found the ambience on Saturdays does not lend itself to a romantic quiet meal for two as it was so full and the music from downstairs travels upstairs or the beat of it does. The starters were excellent and were what we expected from an award winning restaurant, The mains when they arrived were too salty and not on par with the starter at all. We were offered an additional dish but the taste of salt had ruined it and it was getting so late that we called it a night. We had received an email, a text and a call to remind us we had a booking which led us to think it was all going to be a spectacular night, we filled in comment card after the meal and followed it up with an email Monday. Such a shame as a rare Saturday night out is a treatSpecial Features:
- Belle soiréeJRBEADined on 9/9/2014Cadre très agréable. Les serveurs sont très attentionnés et la qualité des mets est excellente.Special Features:
- First TimersraretreatDined on 5/9/2014This was our first visit after hearing lots of very good reviews from friends and family. The decor and design is first class as was the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherPlummyDined on 30/8/2014The food, was, as always beautiful. However it was incredibly noisy. It seems like they are really packing people in now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food highly recommend.jodamrobingroomDined on 29/8/2014we celebrated our anniversary and book up after reading reviews on open table. can't fault the food, service or value. will definatly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightTurboDined on 28/8/2014This was our first visit and we were impressed. The food was excellent, place very nice and the staff superb. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealipswichdinerDined on 26/8/2014Interesting range of food, well presented, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very Nice MealBoastyDined on 22/8/2014Aqua Eight came recommended by friends and after our first visit we were not disappointed. The restaurant had a nice feel and there is space downstairs to mingle inside & out with a few drinks. The staff know their stuff and the food (especially the ingredients used) is very good. I like Beef in black bean & chilli sauce and in other restaurants you seem to get some form of braising steak... the dish served at Aqua Eight seemed to be a "real" fillet steak finely cut for the meal - it was awesome. We will be going back some day. I could not afford to go every month but the experience is worth the cost.... Am saving alreadySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration14Dined on 21/8/2014Though we paid more than we would normally for a meal the additional cost was reflected in the quality of the food, we really enjoyed the friendly service. Drinks a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbGoldilocksDined on 16/8/2014Amazing food, beautiful decor, fabulous cocktails. Totally recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic food & serviceNoneyaDined on 16/8/2014We has the set menu for £27.50 each & added a couple of other dishes. High recommend the Fillet of Beef in Black Bean with Chilli! The only criticism is that the air conditioning was on far too low & right over our heads, this meant as soon as our mains were on our plates, the food went cold very quickly. We did mention it & a joke was made by the waiter that the ice cream for dessert would 'also be cold'. not really what you expect for over £50 per head with wine.Special Features:
- gluten free soy saucefoodiewoodieDined on 16/8/2014Nice food and nice staff, but a real shame that all the trouble they go to with gluten free does not include the very available to buy gluten free soy sauce
- EnjoyableTreat2Dined on 9/8/2014Had 2 friends staying who had not experienced Aqua 8 before- they thought the food was excellent, it was really noisy from a large group booking who seemed to be enjoying themselves which made it difficult sometimes for us to hear each other, service very good albeit not needed quite as often as they came to refill glasses etc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining experienceShellyDDined on 26/7/2014We had friends down from Yorkshire and decided to go to Aqua Eight. Couldn't fault it in anyway. Service and food were excellent and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - little rushed!AnonymousDined on 26/7/2014Each time I have visited this restaurant I have never been disappointed. The food and service is amazing, top quality with plenty to choose from. Only criticism is recently when dining at Aqua eight it has felt very rushed, not having enough time to enjoy the experience. You get the feeling of them wanting your table back to resell as soon as possible. Even our change wasn't brought back to us after we paid cash, wasn't an issue but felt that was a little rude. Other than that, still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food yet againGjwil76Dined on 25/7/2014Had a few courses, top notch and not too expensive, highly recommended time anyone looking for Asian fusion food :-)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningPocketRocketDined on 25/7/2014My husband and I went for our 10th wedding anniversary. The restaurant had very kindly put out balloons and confetti- nice touch. Staff were very attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious and very original in presentation. The whole experience was very enjoyable and worth every penny. I would happily recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great presentationKittywilmotDined on 25/7/2014Lovely food, amazing choice from a la carte to various set options including veggie set and summer menu. Beautiful presentation and colours, taste amazing. Careful service and interesting lighting... Haven't been under a black light since the 90s and enjoyed it greatly! really loved the tofu and green tea ice cream was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2014Food was excellent and very we'll presented. Aqua Eight is my daughters favourite restaurant in Ipswich and it lived up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrsnelson56mrsnelson56Dined on 12/7/2014Lovely meal great service birthday baloons who could ask for more, but I did feel a bit rushed would have to consider another night next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny447Dined on 12/7/2014My Girlfriend and I really enjoyed our night. This was our second visit in six months, the first time we were sat by the window which was alot quieter. But this time we were sat between two families which is fine, but we found the space slightly tight, and found we were talking over each other alot. But apart from that the night was a great successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HightowerDined on 28/6/2014It was a lovely meal which made it a special birthday celebration. Fantastic service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Pan Asian diningRobertBDined on 28/6/2014Acqua Eight was much the perfect dining experience and was the real culinary highlight of our weekend in Ipswich. It was a last minute booking and we could only get a 6:45 slot when I made the online reservation the night before, so I thought we might end up eating a bit early. However there was no rush to sit down and we enjoyed an excellent glass of Perrier Jouet champagne on arrival in the outside bar area downstairs. We were able to relax and unwind and were shown to our table after about 20 minutes in the restaurant upstairs. This is smartly furbished and has a real feel of contemporary style and class about it. My wife has special dietary requirements, but the staff handled these thoughtfully and the chef certainly delivered on them.Special Features:
- Always good, great with CoeliacsAaronAndSuziDined on 7/6/2014As always another great night in Aquaeight, wonderful food, amazing service & attention to detail, beautiful settings but most importantly they cater for gluten/coeliac suffers. Always a special night in there & I nice bar to have a few drinks at too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Aqua EightGirlsDinnerDateDined on 30/5/2014Myself and Friend went here last friday to celebrate her birthday, she had previously been here to eat for a works occasion and suggested she'd love to go there again for her birthday meal. I however had never been and heard it was quite pricey but amazing food. However as soon as we set foot in the door, the mood was set for a fantastic night ahead, the lighting, the furnishings and the staff were immediately friendly and helpful, but not in a pushy way like I have found with some other restaurants. The food was Outstandingly Exquisite and the food was prices, yes they were a tad more pricey than your average place but not unaffordable and it's as expensive as you wish to make it. Thank You Aqua Eight, see you again soon!!Special Features:
- Amazing Aqua eightBethanyXDined on 30/5/2014The food is so delishous and there's something for everyone! Service is also outstanding! Easily my favourite restaurant in Ipswich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.