8 Lion Street
Ipswich, IP1 1DQNeighbourhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aquaeight.com/
- Phone: 01473218989x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00PM - 2:15PM,
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00PM - 9:15PM; Friday - Saturday: 6:00PM - 11:00PM; Sunday: 5:30PM - 9:15PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Steve Tang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: We currently have an in-house Dj who performs on a monthly basis and we offer live music too.
A word from Aqua Eight
Winners of the Luxury & Lifestyle Awards 2014 "Best Restaurant in the UK". Runners Up in The Observer Food Awards in Best Restaurant & Best Places to Drink 2011.Opentable Top 100 best Restaurants in the UK. Also Accredited by Best Bar None 2010/11. Aqua Eight redefines destination dining with its ultra-stylish design and innovative fusion of cuisine from across East Asia. Aqua restaurant provides an evening dining experience of Pan Asian cuisine, dishes such as black cod in miso and fired soft shelled crab with chilli & curry leaves. Eight Bar provides a relaxed atmosphere with an extensive selection of sprits, beers, champagnes and cocktails. We also provide light small eats, mezze dishes like scallop tuffles can be enjoyed in a more casual enviroment.New is our Aqua Garden is open in the evenings and at weekends, avaliable for private parties,function hire, BBQ's and gourmet evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Aqua Eight - Best restaurants in Ipswich ›
Aqua Eight reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (79)romance (54)fit for foodies (46)group bookings (36)business meals (31)good vegetarian options (22)pre/post theatre (13)outstanding value (9)child friendly (2)sunday lunch (2)outdoor eating (1)brunch (1)Show More
- ambiencepacoDined on 11/10/2014Very noisy and loud people, the place use to be more classy, now apparently is attracting lots of loud and low people. Food and service still ok but the crow attending now make the place feel like an average one. Wouldn't recommend it if u want a quite romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Aqua EightYumYumDined on 3/10/2014Great dinner as always. Was a shame the bar downstairs shut at midnightSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDisappointingDined on 27/9/2014Venue was impressive, service was excellent. We chose a set menus as we hadn't been before and found the large menu disconcerting. We chose a fish dominated menu as we had a non meat eater with us. Food presentation was amazing but it actually lacked much flavour and for me was too dry. As a set menu I didn't think it showed enough variety or best samples of what was on the main menu. Later, thumping beat of 'music' from their downstairs bar spoilt the ambience upstairs. I was a bit disappointed but willing to try again as I feel there must be much more on offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnerBluegateDined on 24/9/2014We were a party of 4 celebrating 2 birthdays between us. We had a splendid dinner having selected the option whereby the restaurant selected what we ate: and the choices served were excellent.. The service was excellent as was the service: a splendid evening was had by all.Special Features:
- Great experience, lovely food!!AgnesDined on 21/9/2014Every time I go there it's been an amazing food , friendly staff and nice atmosphere;) love it and enjoy the place so much!!Special Features:
- excellentkivellDined on 20/9/2014have not been for a while forgot how good the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic meal for twoEatat8Dined on 20/9/2014We found the ambience on Saturdays does not lend itself to a romantic quiet meal for two as it was so full and the music from downstairs travels upstairs or the beat of it does. The starters were excellent and were what we expected from an award winning restaurant, The mains when they arrived were too salty and not on par with the starter at all. We were offered an additional dish but the taste of salt had ruined it and it was getting so late that we called it a night. We had received an email, a text and a call to remind us we had a booking which led us to think it was all going to be a spectacular night, we filled in comment card after the meal and followed it up with an email Monday. Such a shame as a rare Saturday night out is a treatSpecial Features:
- Belle soiréeJRBEADined on 9/9/2014Cadre très agréable. Les serveurs sont très attentionnés et la qualité des mets est excellente.Special Features:
- First TimersraretreatDined on 5/9/2014This was our first visit after hearing lots of very good reviews from friends and family. The decor and design is first class as was the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherPlummyDined on 30/8/2014The food, was, as always beautiful. However it was incredibly noisy. It seems like they are really packing people in now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food highly recommend.jodamrobingroomDined on 29/8/2014we celebrated our anniversary and book up after reading reviews on open table. can't fault the food, service or value. will definatly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightTurboDined on 28/8/2014This was our first visit and we were impressed. The food was excellent, place very nice and the staff superb. We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealipswichdinerDined on 26/8/2014Interesting range of food, well presented, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very Nice MealBoastyDined on 22/8/2014Aqua Eight came recommended by friends and after our first visit we were not disappointed. The restaurant had a nice feel and there is space downstairs to mingle inside & out with a few drinks. The staff know their stuff and the food (especially the ingredients used) is very good. I like Beef in black bean & chilli sauce and in other restaurants you seem to get some form of braising steak... the dish served at Aqua Eight seemed to be a "real" fillet steak finely cut for the meal - it was awesome. We will be going back some day. I could not afford to go every month but the experience is worth the cost.... Am saving alreadySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration14Dined on 21/8/2014Though we paid more than we would normally for a meal the additional cost was reflected in the quality of the food, we really enjoyed the friendly service. Drinks a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbGoldilocksDined on 16/8/2014Amazing food, beautiful decor, fabulous cocktails. Totally recommend!Special Features:
- Fantastic food & serviceNoneyaDined on 16/8/2014We has the set menu for £27.50 each & added a couple of other dishes. High recommend the Fillet of Beef in Black Bean with Chilli! The only criticism is that the air conditioning was on far too low & right over our heads, this meant as soon as our mains were on our plates, the food went cold very quickly. We did mention it & a joke was made by the waiter that the ice cream for dessert would 'also be cold'. not really what you expect for over £50 per head with wine.Special Features:
- gluten free soy saucefoodiewoodieDined on 16/8/2014Nice food and nice staff, but a real shame that all the trouble they go to with gluten free does not include the very available to buy gluten free soy sauce
- EnjoyableTreat2Dined on 9/8/2014Had 2 friends staying who had not experienced Aqua 8 before- they thought the food was excellent, it was really noisy from a large group booking who seemed to be enjoying themselves which made it difficult sometimes for us to hear each other, service very good albeit not needed quite as often as they came to refill glasses etc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent dining experienceShellyDDined on 26/7/2014We had friends down from Yorkshire and decided to go to Aqua Eight. Couldn't fault it in anyway. Service and food were excellent and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - little rushed!AnonymousDined on 26/7/2014Each time I have visited this restaurant I have never been disappointed. The food and service is amazing, top quality with plenty to choose from. Only criticism is recently when dining at Aqua eight it has felt very rushed, not having enough time to enjoy the experience. You get the feeling of them wanting your table back to resell as soon as possible. Even our change wasn't brought back to us after we paid cash, wasn't an issue but felt that was a little rude. Other than that, still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food yet againGjwil76Dined on 25/7/2014Had a few courses, top notch and not too expensive, highly recommended time anyone looking for Asian fusion food :-)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding eveningPocketRocketDined on 25/7/2014My husband and I went for our 10th wedding anniversary. The restaurant had very kindly put out balloons and confetti- nice touch. Staff were very attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious and very original in presentation. The whole experience was very enjoyable and worth every penny. I would happily recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great presentationKittywilmotDined on 25/7/2014Lovely food, amazing choice from a la carte to various set options including veggie set and summer menu. Beautiful presentation and colours, taste amazing. Careful service and interesting lighting... Haven't been under a black light since the 90s and enjoyed it greatly! really loved the tofu and green tea ice cream was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2014Food was excellent and very we'll presented. Aqua Eight is my daughters favourite restaurant in Ipswich and it lived up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrsnelson56mrsnelson56Dined on 12/7/2014Lovely meal great service birthday baloons who could ask for more, but I did feel a bit rushed would have to consider another night next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny447Dined on 12/7/2014My Girlfriend and I really enjoyed our night. This was our second visit in six months, the first time we were sat by the window which was alot quieter. But this time we were sat between two families which is fine, but we found the space slightly tight, and found we were talking over each other alot. But apart from that the night was a great successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HightowerDined on 28/6/2014It was a lovely meal which made it a special birthday celebration. Fantastic service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Pan Asian diningRobertBDined on 28/6/2014Acqua Eight was much the perfect dining experience and was the real culinary highlight of our weekend in Ipswich. It was a last minute booking and we could only get a 6:45 slot when I made the online reservation the night before, so I thought we might end up eating a bit early. However there was no rush to sit down and we enjoyed an excellent glass of Perrier Jouet champagne on arrival in the outside bar area downstairs. We were able to relax and unwind and were shown to our table after about 20 minutes in the restaurant upstairs. This is smartly furbished and has a real feel of contemporary style and class about it. My wife has special dietary requirements, but the staff handled these thoughtfully and the chef certainly delivered on them.Special Features:
- Always good, great with CoeliacsAaronAndSuziDined on 7/6/2014As always another great night in Aquaeight, wonderful food, amazing service & attention to detail, beautiful settings but most importantly they cater for gluten/coeliac suffers. Always a special night in there & I nice bar to have a few drinks at too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Aqua EightGirlsDinnerDateDined on 30/5/2014Myself and Friend went here last friday to celebrate her birthday, she had previously been here to eat for a works occasion and suggested she'd love to go there again for her birthday meal. I however had never been and heard it was quite pricey but amazing food. However as soon as we set foot in the door, the mood was set for a fantastic night ahead, the lighting, the furnishings and the staff were immediately friendly and helpful, but not in a pushy way like I have found with some other restaurants. The food was Outstandingly Exquisite and the food was prices, yes they were a tad more pricey than your average place but not unaffordable and it's as expensive as you wish to make it. Thank You Aqua Eight, see you again soon!!Special Features:
- Amazing Aqua eightBethanyXDined on 30/5/2014The food is so delishous and there's something for everyone! Service is also outstanding! Easily my favourite restaurant in Ipswich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningDimps73Dined on 24/5/2014We had booked a table for 4 people for my husband's birthday. We got a reminder email and a call to confirm the time of the booking. When we arrived the table had balloons and decoration. Was simple but lovely. The meal was spaced evenly between courses and the food was perfect. After our main meal we were relaxed and contemplated a dessert but the restaurant then came out with a small chefs selection and a candle. Was a lovely touch and finished off the eve beautifully. The staff throughout were friendly and professional. Thank you for a wonderful evening!!!!Special Features:
- As always... 1st class!LuckythistimeDined on 11/5/2014Been to Aqua Eight many times now but I've not written a review for a long time. Decided to go on a Sunday evening this time. Restaurant wasn't as busy as a Friday or Saturday (not that made any difference). The food is always 1st class, there is something for everyone. Qtr duck and pancakes is always a nice way to start the meal and easily serves two, with lots of perfectly cooked duck. If you haven't tried the Soft Shell Crab then that's a must! Mains this time were the honey pork with asparagus, crispy chilli beef, and you must have the Pad Thai Noodles. Service is always fantastic, they know the dishes so well and will always help you pick a dish. Top quality food at very good prices. Will continue to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as everLisasaskiaDined on 10/5/2014As we usually order the Aqua menu we decided to have a change and ordered separate dishes off the main menu. Excellent decision as the ones we chose were delicious. Wonderful evening as ever. Aqua 8 is easily my favourite restaurant in Ipswich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumminess!!!PlummyDined on 25/4/2014Couldn't fault the excellent dining experience! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So noisyWendersDined on 18/4/2014My friend and I had a meal here on a Saturday evening, we booked an early table (18.30) to avoid it being too noisy, however this didn't make any difference. We were practically the only people there at first but then quite quickly the restaurant started to fill up and the noise became unbearable. This wasn't helped by a table of 10 (yes 10!!) women celebrating a birthday right next to us...you can imagine the screeching! We found ourselves shouting at each other to be heard above the racket - such a shame. The food and the service were, however excellent, so we would go back again but only during the week...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulCuppateaDined on 15/4/2014The food was beautiful and elaborate in appearance and equally in flavour. Knowing that where possible the food was locally sourced, and authentic it's not like any other Asian meal I have had before. There is great variety on the menu and set menus for those that are unable to decide( like me) I opted for the aqua set menu and was incredibly happy with my choice, there was plenty to go round and is was immaculately presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLinJimDined on 5/4/2014From entrance to exit we were treating lovely, the food and drinks were amazing. I will definitely be returning and will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & FoodsuffolkpigpenDined on 16/3/2014This was the first time that I had eaten at this Pan Asian Restaurant and it was to celebrate my father in laws 85th birthday. Whilst I had mentioned the reason for our reservation when I booked online I had not expected the staff to make an occasion of it. However, we were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find ‘happy birthday’ balloons tied to his chair and a scattering of birthday confetti on the table. The food was absolutely delicious, very tasty and beautifully presented. I thought that the price was reasonable and the service excellent. The only negative was the music but the restaurant looked a modern, trendy place to me, so it probably fitted in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.