12A Belsize Terrace
London, NW3 4AXNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artigianorestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7794 4288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday to Friday Closed
Dinner Monday to Friday 6pm to 10pm
Saturday Lunch 12pm to 3pm
Saturday Dinner 6pm to 11pm
Sunday Lunch/Dinner 12pm to 10pm (open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tiziano Invernizzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Etrusca Events – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be hired at any time for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Alessia Quaradeghini 02073746961
- Special Events: Etrusca Events – email@example.com
A word from Artigiano
Tucked away in leafy Belsize Village, Artigiano has not only become a favourite among the affluent locals, but it's high on the list of discreet party venues for celebrities, many of whom regularly dine there. Modern Italian cuisine, welcoming service and a thoroughly contemporary and uncluttered design all contribute to the ongoing success and appeal of Artigiano. A glass roof at the rear allows light to pour in and the glass frontage folds away to open the restaurant up, creating perfect al fresco moments at the first sight of sunshine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artigiano reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since 24 November 2013
special occasions (46)romance (40)business meals (25)fit for foodies (25)sunday lunch (18)good vegetarian options (11)outstanding value (9)group bookings (8)pre/post theatre (6)brunch (5)outdoor eating (3)child friendly (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Good Night at ArtigianoPeterDined on 15/11/2014Very good meal in the heart of Belsize Park. Great ambience and the food was excellent - he four of us thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable lunchMANGABENEDined on 9/11/2014Genuine Italian tasting food at London prices. Pleasant service. Ground floor good for disabled access. We had a very enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014Food was served very very quickly and then starter plates removed whilst placing down main course. Actually onto same tray! This is not relaxing. We were then badgered relentlessly about dessert immediately after main course plates were collected and then biscuits placed down and bill delivered which we had not requested. Very strange. The food was lovely but the poor English of the staff made service bizarre.
- DissapointedBaJohnVIPDined on 28/10/2014We have been to Artigiano many times and all 3 of us were disappointed on this occasion. The place lacked a bit of 'control' for lack of a better word. The service and food were not up to our previous visits and the menu has significantly changed. They used to do an unusual starter which we had not seen anywhere else and my wife loves it. Nowhere to be seen. All in all we now would not recommend this restaurant on this evenings meal. The food we did have was okay, not spectacular and not we (all 3) feel up to previous standard. Let's hope this is just a blip in the history of the restaurant.Special Features:
- ArtigianoPAGODined on 21/10/2014Upon arrival we were greeted wit a friendly smile. The service got even better. The food was good and the waiting staff were knoledgable about the menu. This was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Beautiful Italian delights!MilkGranola31Dined on 18/10/2014A friend recommended me this lovely Italian gem of a restaurant. Food was really hearty and authentically Italian - I ordered the fettucine with beef and barolo ragu, which just melted in my mouth. The wine (Gavi) was perfect too and they gave us very generous 'small' glasses! What finished it off nicely was the riserva grappa - highly recommend! The only criticism is that it was quite a noisy restaurant, not necessarily from the number of diners but more the way the room was arranged, it just seemed to amplify noise! I will return for sure but with a group of friends or family, I wouldn't recommend Artigiano for a romantic meal.Special Features:
- ArtigianoDisappointedDined on 11/10/2014It was very disappointing indeed, especially considering how good it had been on previous occasions. It was also very expensive. I will not rush back there now.
- A fun night out in local restaurantJM007Dined on 8/10/2014Delicious food, very good value on set menu, jazz night is perfect, attentive staff, beautiful settingSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/9/2014My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our meal on Saturday night. The moment we walked in we were asked where we wanted to be seated. The food was outstanding. Our meal was not rushed and we never once felt like we needed to vacate our table once finished. Restaurant was very busy which can only mean it is very popular. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014They ran out of homemade pasta dish that I wanted so they were very kind to conger something up and make a delish homemade gnocchi dish! LovelySpecial Features:
- Lovely ambiance, great foodSH01Dined on 26/9/2014We had dinner on Friday night. The live jazz was wonderful, and created a brilliant atmosphere. The staff were very attentive, as was the owner of the premise. I also thought the food was excellent. It is rare to find a restaurant outside of zone that serves good quality food combined with an ambience that is a delight to be in. We could have stayed for hours drinking and whiling the night away. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Punchy Italian but offer is a lureMacdonaldDined on 10/7/2014Original and simple assembly of pleasing classic Italian flavours. Booked offer with set menu, but menu not published on opentable and turns out it is disappointingly limited, forcing a la carte on arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad daySilverfoxDined on 5/7/2014Artigiano is normally solid if not spectacular so I am willing I put Saturday night down to an off day. Bit service was shocking, to the point of rude on Saturday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodErrolDined on 17/6/2014We where recommended this restaurant and the sea bass for two was fantastic, even on a Tuesday night this place has a superb atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtigianoMarkDined on 11/6/2014I cant recommend this lovely restaurant enough. There isn't a single thing negative I can say about how well the restaurant is run, the taste of the food and the kindness of the staff. Thank you to all that work there for the great meals I have had over the yearsSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, nice decorJM007Dined on 28/5/2014A good quality Italian restaurant in NW3. Fit for foodies...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!LuvrestsVIPDined on 26/4/2014It is always a pleasure to visit Artigiano. Why visit the West End when you have this genuine, high quality Italian Restaurant locally. The food is always delicious, the portion size is very satisfying.There is always a buzz and you leave with a sense of well being and determination to come back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian bistrollarooDined on 18/4/2014We've been to some wonderful Italian restaurants in Italy and the U.S., and Artigiano was up there with many of them. Excellent food (we had pasta and a really well-prepared Branzino). Good salads, first-rate desserts and a reasonable wine list. Superb service -- attentive but not intrusive. Very reasonable and interesting wine list. Very pleasant atmosphere inside. On a quiet and beautiful street in Swiss Cottage.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/4/2014it is a favorite of mine, one of the best italian restaurants in londonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHelenDined on 15/4/2014We had a family birthday dinner with some very specific requirements. One of the party had severe allergies to many foods and the restaurant catered impeccably for these needs with excellent liaison beforehand and care throughout. We asked them to make a birthday cake for dessert which they did and it was delicious. Everything we asked for was delivered to a very high standard, with excellent service, care and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value and pleasant venueAnonDined on 13/4/2014Well presented food in a comfortable and friendly restaurant. Friendly staff and very little if anything was not right about the place. Well worth a visit and good value for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2014We had an excellent evening. Delicious food at a restaurant that lived up to the reviews on the Toptable website. We were made to feel very welcome and special. We will happily recommend the restaurant to friends and return ourselves.Special Features:
- DinnerAC12345Dined on 11/4/2014Staff is amazing, food is amazing. Artigiano is currently my favorite restaurant, above Hush, Maze, and Le Petite Masion. What luck that I should live nearby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodSunnyDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and great portion size. With the 50% off it was amazing value. It is a little out of the way which means it is quite a walk from tube but in a very private area of Belsize park. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visittafsterDined on 10/4/2014Came here on a toptable booking with 50% off food ... Well worth it. Good food and good service, and great value with the offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Had a really nice time at Artigiano! Polite staff, fast service and most certainly delicious food! Parking space right outside the restaurant itself (for about 7-8 cars) also in a beautiful part of London! Great overall :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Late EatingoudemannenqDined on 5/4/2014Came in late and was well welcomed and food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian foodAsterix2000Dined on 4/4/2014Great authentic Italian food and lovely atmosphere on Jazz nights. Recommended for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place with good foodEllieDined on 30/3/2014A perfect place for a special occasion - beautiful, spacious, airy and with open doors on the veranda, so one can sit pretty much outside if good weather. Liked the food also, and v pleasant atmosphere and service. A bit pricey though I thought for just a normal meal out - but I will certainly want to go back time and time again for a special occasion. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artigiano - a master of cuisine!mandaDined on 29/3/2014Had such an enjoyable evening meal at Artigiano. Really enjoyed the food - both the chose and taste were very special - and the decor was light and modern. Would definitely recommend to my friends and cant wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- Perfect spot!blue0rbitDined on 29/3/2014The best restaurant in Belsize Park! We are regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A thoroughly relaxing experienceTangoDined on 27/3/2014A nice restaurant in a chic area, with very good food. I will go back there with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good as alwaysblue0rbitDined on 16/3/2014Artigiano is one if our favourite restaurants. Great food, ambience and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post theatre diningpenguinDined on 14/3/2014We arrived at 9.45 as planned and the service was attentive and speedy-ideal at that time. The food was good, hot and tasty and no feeling of last dish out of the kitchen. Our only problem was that we were sitting next to the jazz group (not bad )and could not hold a conversation, we had just seen a great play and really wanted to discuss it. We had no warning on the booking that jazz would be playing.Special Features:
- Great ambianceFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Having read some of the reviews I was hoping for some outstanding food, particularly as I love Italian food and lived there for a few years. My starter of calamari was outstanding, fried in a very light batter. My main which was veal was over seasoned the sauce was too salty and too rich and I love salty food generally. My partners sea bream main was lacking in flavour. That said, I would still return for the great ambiance (it was a Saturday night so very busy) and try one of the pasta or risotto dishes. I think the Friday night would be fun as it is their jazz night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long overdue re-visit!Leslay79Dined on 2/3/2014Our first visit since we orginally used to go there about 12 years ago. Decor has not been updated since it opened and a refurbish is now needed. Food & service is still very good,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would come again, but.........johnnyboyDined on 15/2/2014Visited Artigiano on 15 February. As usual the calamari starter was superb but a bit disappointed with the main course of liver I ordered on this occasion. I know it can be a bit of a hit and miss affair with liver but my portion seemed to be half liver and half tubes (yuk) and I spent a lot of time chewing it and trying to discretely dispose of those bits I could not eat. I have ordered this dish before here and it has been good but this time, not so good!!! In its favour everything else was fine but when presented with the bill, they quickly snatched it away from me as they had forgotten to include a glass of wine - understandable if it had been a bottle of Bollinger but it was all of £6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAC12345Dined on 14/2/2014Its Awesome. Very relaxed, very good value, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJALAOEDined on 14/2/2014Service was excellent, food was great and desert (homemade ice cream) was delicious. We had a great Valentines night out.Special Features:
- Excellent!Valentinex2Dined on 14/2/2014We had a Valentine's dinner. The restaurant atmosphere was warm and cosy, tables nicely decorated for that special day. The menu was the best of all reviewed for that occasion. Good variety of starters, mains and desserts. Staff friendly and professional. Service fast and efficient. We left pleased with our dinner. Definitely planning to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.