12A Belsize Terrace
London, NW3 4AXNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artigianorestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02077944288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday to Friday Closed
Dinner Monday to Friday 6pm to 10pm
Saturday Lunch 12pm to 3pm
Saturday Dinner 6pm to 11pm
Sunday Lunch/Dinner 12pm to 10pm (open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tiziano Invernizzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Etrusca Events – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be hired at any time for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Alessia Quaradeghini 02073746961
- Special Events: Etrusca Events – email@example.com
A word from Artigiano
Tucked away in leafy Belsize Village, Artigiano has not only become a favourite among the affluent locals, but it's high on the list of discreet party venues for celebrities, many of whom regularly dine there. Modern Italian cuisine, welcoming service and a thoroughly contemporary and uncluttered design all contribute to the ongoing success and appeal of Artigiano. A glass roof at the rear allows light to pour in and the glass frontage folds away to open the restaurant up, creating perfect al fresco moments at the first sight of sunshine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Artigiano - Best restaurants in Swiss Cottage ›
Artigiano reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (49)romance (42)business meals (28)fit for foodies (26)sunday lunch (20)good vegetarian options (9)pre/post theatre (9)group bookings (9)outstanding value (8)brunch (7)outdoor eating (4)child friendly (4)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Punchy Italian but offer is a lureMacdonaldDined on 10/7/2014Original and simple assembly of pleasing classic Italian flavours. Booked offer with set menu, but menu not published on opentable and turns out it is disappointingly limited, forcing a la carte on arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad daySilverfoxDined on 5/7/2014Artigiano is normally solid if not spectacular so I am willing I put Saturday night down to an off day. Bit service was shocking, to the point of rude on Saturday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodErrolDined on 17/6/2014We where recommended this restaurant and the sea bass for two was fantastic, even on a Tuesday night this place has a superb atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtigianoMarkDined on 11/6/2014I cant recommend this lovely restaurant enough. There isn't a single thing negative I can say about how well the restaurant is run, the taste of the food and the kindness of the staff. Thank you to all that work there for the great meals I have had over the yearsSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, nice decorJM007Dined on 28/5/2014A good quality Italian restaurant in NW3. Fit for foodies...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!LuvrestsVIPDined on 26/4/2014It is always a pleasure to visit Artigiano. Why visit the West End when you have this genuine, high quality Italian Restaurant locally. The food is always delicious, the portion size is very satisfying.There is always a buzz and you leave with a sense of well being and determination to come back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian bistrollarooDined on 18/4/2014We've been to some wonderful Italian restaurants in Italy and the U.S., and Artigiano was up there with many of them. Excellent food (we had pasta and a really well-prepared Branzino). Good salads, first-rate desserts and a reasonable wine list. Superb service -- attentive but not intrusive. Very reasonable and interesting wine list. Very pleasant atmosphere inside. On a quiet and beautiful street in Swiss Cottage.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/4/2014it is a favorite of mine, one of the best italian restaurants in londonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHelenDined on 15/4/2014We had a family birthday dinner with some very specific requirements. One of the party had severe allergies to many foods and the restaurant catered impeccably for these needs with excellent liaison beforehand and care throughout. We asked them to make a birthday cake for dessert which they did and it was delicious. Everything we asked for was delivered to a very high standard, with excellent service, care and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value and pleasant venueAnonDined on 13/4/2014Well presented food in a comfortable and friendly restaurant. Friendly staff and very little if anything was not right about the place. Well worth a visit and good value for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2014We had an excellent evening. Delicious food at a restaurant that lived up to the reviews on the Toptable website. We were made to feel very welcome and special. We will happily recommend the restaurant to friends and return ourselves.Special Features:
- DinnerAC12345Dined on 11/4/2014Staff is amazing, food is amazing. Artigiano is currently my favorite restaurant, above Hush, Maze, and Le Petite Masion. What luck that I should live nearby!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodSunnyDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and great portion size. With the 50% off it was amazing value. It is a little out of the way which means it is quite a walk from tube but in a very private area of Belsize park. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visittafsterDined on 10/4/2014Came here on a toptable booking with 50% off food ... Well worth it. Good food and good service, and great value with the offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Had a really nice time at Artigiano! Polite staff, fast service and most certainly delicious food! Parking space right outside the restaurant itself (for about 7-8 cars) also in a beautiful part of London! Great overall :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Late EatingoudemannenqDined on 5/4/2014Came in late and was well welcomed and food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic Italian foodAsterix2000Dined on 4/4/2014Great authentic Italian food and lovely atmosphere on Jazz nights. Recommended for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place with good foodEllieDined on 30/3/2014A perfect place for a special occasion - beautiful, spacious, airy and with open doors on the veranda, so one can sit pretty much outside if good weather. Liked the food also, and v pleasant atmosphere and service. A bit pricey though I thought for just a normal meal out - but I will certainly want to go back time and time again for a special occasion. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artigiano - a master of cuisine!mandaDined on 29/3/2014Had such an enjoyable evening meal at Artigiano. Really enjoyed the food - both the chose and taste were very special - and the decor was light and modern. Would definitely recommend to my friends and cant wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- Perfect spot!blue0rbitDined on 29/3/2014The best restaurant in Belsize Park! We are regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A thoroughly relaxing experienceTangoDined on 27/3/2014A nice restaurant in a chic area, with very good food. I will go back there with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good as alwaysblue0rbitDined on 16/3/2014Artigiano is one if our favourite restaurants. Great food, ambience and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post theatre diningpenguinDined on 14/3/2014We arrived at 9.45 as planned and the service was attentive and speedy-ideal at that time. The food was good, hot and tasty and no feeling of last dish out of the kitchen. Our only problem was that we were sitting next to the jazz group (not bad )and could not hold a conversation, we had just seen a great play and really wanted to discuss it. We had no warning on the booking that jazz would be playing.Special Features:
- Great ambianceFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Having read some of the reviews I was hoping for some outstanding food, particularly as I love Italian food and lived there for a few years. My starter of calamari was outstanding, fried in a very light batter. My main which was veal was over seasoned the sauce was too salty and too rich and I love salty food generally. My partners sea bream main was lacking in flavour. That said, I would still return for the great ambiance (it was a Saturday night so very busy) and try one of the pasta or risotto dishes. I think the Friday night would be fun as it is their jazz night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long overdue re-visit!Leslay79Dined on 2/3/2014Our first visit since we orginally used to go there about 12 years ago. Decor has not been updated since it opened and a refurbish is now needed. Food & service is still very good,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would come again, but.........johnnyboyDined on 15/2/2014Visited Artigiano on 15 February. As usual the calamari starter was superb but a bit disappointed with the main course of liver I ordered on this occasion. I know it can be a bit of a hit and miss affair with liver but my portion seemed to be half liver and half tubes (yuk) and I spent a lot of time chewing it and trying to discretely dispose of those bits I could not eat. I have ordered this dish before here and it has been good but this time, not so good!!! In its favour everything else was fine but when presented with the bill, they quickly snatched it away from me as they had forgotten to include a glass of wine - understandable if it had been a bottle of Bollinger but it was all of £6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAC12345Dined on 14/2/2014Its Awesome. Very relaxed, very good value, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJALAOEDined on 14/2/2014Service was excellent, food was great and desert (homemade ice cream) was delicious. We had a great Valentines night out.Special Features:
- Excellent!Valentinex2Dined on 14/2/2014We had a Valentine's dinner. The restaurant atmosphere was warm and cosy, tables nicely decorated for that special day. The menu was the best of all reviewed for that occasion. Good variety of starters, mains and desserts. Staff friendly and professional. Service fast and efficient. We left pleased with our dinner. Definitely planning to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night jazzElf28Dined on 7/2/2014Relaxing meal on a Friday night with some live jazz.
- Great food and accomodating staffGobblerDined on 31/1/2014Had a great evening at Artigiano. The food was very good. I wasn't too keen on the vegetarian options on the menu but our waiter was happy to make me a spicy arabiata wvwn though not on the menu, which was delicious! Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePeterCarolDined on 16/1/2014Service veyr polite, effiecient and willing, but to be honest almost too prompt and effieient in that we did not have a chance to drink a fifth of our cocktail before the hors d'oevre was brought to the table. There was insufficient wait between the courses, which would have been ideal for a business meal but it was supposed to be a relaxed evening dining experience. Both bread and oil were whipped away without enquiry as whether we still wanted them. However in all fairness this was probably all in the interests of being efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artigiano RestaurantDandRtop10ResaurantGuideDined on 11/1/2014A lovely dining experience, always reliable, sophisticated food served in delightful surroundings in heart of Belsize village! Attentive and discreet staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect New YearJoshieb888VIPDined on 31/12/2013Managed to get a last minute table for NYE and so glad we did as had a wonderful meal and evening in this fantastic local neighbourhood restaurant. Scallops to start were delightful with polenta croutons and oyster mushrooms and my veal escalope main was superb. They made us feel so welcome and we were toasting, singing and dancing come midnight. We also met a wonderful couple on the table next to us who lived locally and we had a right laugh and even more drinks to top off the night. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best restaurant around the areaskang27Dined on 20/12/2013I had an amazing time for my birthday meal there. It was very cozy, and family friendly. Jazz musicians were so great and romantic. The singer even sang a birthday song for me and brought me a birthday writing on the plates with candle light.. with my family alike friends, it was the best birthday I had for last 10 years..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setup for a romantic eveningAFSBDined on 19/12/2013Tucked in a small lane, the venue is discreet. The space is nicely decorated with tables of different sizes and big windows. Service was great, food very tasty (Italian) and the atmosphere nice. We missed the Jazz as we went on a Thur. La carte menu has good variety, some Italian classics were missing though : no Tiramisu for desert!! Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Absolutely!!!MAMADined on 13/12/2013By chance we booked on Jazz Night. What a stroke of luck. Excellent food. I had the lobster and scallopes with linguine which was so perfectly seasoned that I didn't stop to speak I was so engrossed with enjoying my meal. My friend was especially pleased with the red wine. Please go. You won't regret it. This is a special find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodPBM1Dined on 28/11/2013Good food, attentive service, tables well set apart, nice decor, 25% discount on mains....nothing but praiseI would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtigianoapapVIPDined on 28/11/2013My 3rd visit to Artigiano and very pleasant but let down by inexperienced waiting staff. My calves liver main course arrived and I asked the waiter for a glass of Chianti to go with it. Five minutes later, and half of my dish eaten, it still hadn't arrived, so I asked another waitress. A further three minutes later the glass of wine arrived. My main course was two-thirds gone by this point. A small point to lament upon but it ruined the meal. I spent several years waiting tables when I was younger and it's just common sense to get that wine to the table straight away as liver goes cold quickly, so perhaps pour the glass yourself instead of delegating to barstaff who might be otherwise ooccupied? The restaurant was not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with Italian Style.BaJohnVIPDined on 25/11/2013Italian Style food with Italian style. We love the food at Artigiano, and were eating of the 25% discount offer, which basically is a quarter of the food ONLY and only if you have 2 courses. My wife absolutely adores the Parmigiano starter. I find it a bit rich but she loves it. I had the "Valtellina beef bresaola rolled and filled with buffalo mozzarella and basil roasted sweet peppers" and it was really good. My wife also adores the calves liver they do here, so is very boring and has that almost every time we come here. I had the Gressingham duck breast and that was also good. The service here is really good and a nice gesture was a gratis small glass of Preseco each as we had not been for a few months, due to personal reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.