63A Holland Road
Brighton, BN3 1BANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatartisan.co.uk/
- Phone: 01273725701
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 9am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Artisan
Retro French style restaurant Artisan is located on the Palmeira Square, accessible from both throughout Hove and central Brighton. Inspired by the vintage feel of the restaurants of Paris and the Riviera in the 1950s, Artisan has a cool look with walls painted in sage green, dark wood country-style furnishings and retro black and white photographic prints on the walls. Outside meanwhile, you’ll find bistro pavement seating overlooking the greenery of the square, the perfect summer setting for Artisan’s delicious continental breakfasts. Artisan’s name is an appropriate representation of Head Chef Rob Harris’s food, concentrating on simple, basic French cookery from throughout the ages done well, using quality British ingredients for a true taste of the Parisian past with a creative spin. It perhaps goes without saying too, that Artisan is known for its wine which can be enjoyed alongside your meal or just with friends without ordering food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Artisan reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food and service.ClaireMDined on 4/7/2012Excellent food and service. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little French place in HoveZcapVIPDined on 9/6/2012Pretty good French food in what is a nice sun trap in Hove - went for the toptable deal - good value. If I'm going to be harsh, then I would fault the waiter who had a sniffy cold, and kept sniffing. Also, the deal comes with a carafe of wine, and we only received one to share between two...Special Features:
- Artisan proving good value in HoveOldVitruviusDined on 9/6/2012It's our second visit to Artisan in Hove, a relative newcomer to the Hove scene. Previously it was a lunchtime so we thought we'd try the set dinner on a Saturday night - very good value at under 25 pounds a head for 3 courses and a pichet of wine. The style and ambience is French Bistro - none the worse for that. The food was excellent and the service attentive without being intrusive. You can choose anything from the menu so although it's a set meal there is plenty of choice whatever your taste. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 31/5/2012our table was booked for 7pm and we were there till around8.30. In that time we were the only ones there. The offer is misleading. The 'pitcher' of wine is a 'glass of wine' and certain items on the set menu you had to pay extra for. The food was ok and so was the service but it should have been as we were the only ones there.
- Trying hard but can it surviveGS78Dined on 30/5/2012A reasonable meal in an almost deserted restaurant. Ok a Wednesday evening, but this is a large restaurant with a few outside tables and must be struggling to cover its costs, esp given a pretty extensive menu and wine list. Starter of caviar d'aubergine was disappointing, but maybe because I prefer my own home made. Steak was good and wine very nice. Hope they survive as clearly trying hard and got a lot going for them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- we visited this establishmentsamplerDined on 29/5/2012we visited this establishment on a tues. lunchtime we were the only diners so no atmosphere, the meal was not good seemed pre pack . would not visit again
- The restaurant itself wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 15/5/2012The restaurant itself was well decorated well and the ambience was lovely. However, the food was quite disappointing and was not as good as we expected.Special Features:
- The Artisan in Brighton isDerbyRamDined on 4/5/2012The Artisan in Brighton is good value for a lunch time meal. The choices available cover all needs. The main courses and desserts were well cooked but the pate starter was nothing special. It is a pity that Artisan does not follow the French style and supply diners with a basket of bread to accompany the meal.
- Firtst time to Artisan inRG15Dined on 2/5/2012Firtst time to Artisan in Hove. It was a quiet Wednesday Luncheon. Service was friendly and it had a relaxing ambience but the food wasn't the best. My friends both had the Sole which they said was over cooked. My meal was OK. Will not rush back. Good location on the edge of Palmier Sq.
- Artisan in Hove Popped inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 26/4/2012Artisan in Hove Popped in off chance for bite to eat, did not know what to expect. The food was of a good quality, decent size portions, pleasant staff and all in all-very satisfactory dinner, will be back again.
- Artisan was an excellent retarauntJehlDined on 23/4/2012Artisan was an excellent retaraunt in Brighton, we would highly recommend if you are in town.
- Still very new.WinceDined on 20/4/2012Nicely decorated it still feels very new. The food is good and I'm sure it will settle into a very fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Artisan, Brighton. Good specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/4/2012Artisan, Brighton. Good special offer - meal chosen from main menu, not from stupid 'specials only menu'.
- Artisan In Hove is a genericOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012Artisan In Hove is a generic French restaraunt we opted out of the 3 course meal as the luch deal there was half the price and the pitcher of wine offered was 500mls between 2. Food wise it wasn't much better than what you get at a cafe rouge, but 3 courses for £12.50 you did get what you paid for
- Firm favourite in Hovethes0ngbirdsDined on 7/4/2012In the relatively short time that Artisan in Hove has been open, it's quickly become a favourite in the area - the menus are varied and interesting, the food is routinely fantastic and the service accommodating and friendly. Very highly recommended all round!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re Artisan, Brighton, EastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 18/3/2012Re Artisan, Brighton, East Sussex A lovely ambience, excellent food, wine and service. A great way of celebrating Mother's Day. Maddie Blackburn
- I booked this for a mothersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/3/2012I booked this for a mothers day treat and it was certainly that. The food was excellent and the service just right. The wine menu was extensive however it was also expensive! I found a couple of bottles on there for under £20 (and the one we chose, which was the cheapest was very good) but they were few and far between. However the food more than made up for it - an excellent meal especially for the price
- I have to admit that mostOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/3/2012I have to admit that most restaurants I visit rarely live up to my expectations, The Artisan in Hove however was an exception. We chose from their special set menu and the food was delcious and the presentation was superb. I found the ambience was very pleasant ane the service was good. if I have one criticism, the wine was a little pricey but that was probably my fault. Next time I will buy a bottle rather than order by the glass.
- We went to Artisan in HoveamylDined on 17/3/2012We went to Artisan in Hove for a day-early mother's day lunch. We had the set menu which was excellent value. The food was tasty and the service pleasant and friendly. We went with our two kids who had "petit dejeuner" which went down very well. The only thing I would criticise was that there was limited choice. However, what we had was delicious, so it worked out fine. We will definitely go back again.
- Artisan in Brighton is a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 15/3/2012Artisan in Brighton is a good place with non-intrusive chanson music, easy atmosphere, and well-rounded menu. The food was very good, prepared in a sensible, non-pretentious way. Service was friendly and efficient.
- Artisan is a former antiquesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Artisan is a former antiques shop that has been converted into a charming restaurant overlooking the floral clock in Hove. The team are friendly and attentive. The set menu offers terrific value for money and there is an exstensive wine list. Looking to going back.
- Artisan in Hove: We had aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Artisan in Hove: We had a really lovely meal here, fantastic starters- ruby beetroot salad and chicken liver gras parfait, then brilliant mains, both had bouillabaisse. Couldn't have had a better meal at the price. Wines were excellent, a very nice syrah and some bubbly to start. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and it all looks good. We'll be back.
- Artisan in Brighton FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 24/2/2012Artisan in Brighton Friendly but average food - no reason to go back with so many other options in the area
- I really wanted to enjoy this.MarkLVIPDined on 14/2/2012I really wanted to enjoy this. Sadly it was mediocre. Of the 3 dishes available for lunch, one was not possible. The food had no passion and very bland. Long way to go to catch up with meadow and SAMs etc