12-22 Newhall Street
Birmingham, B3 3LXNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ashasuk.co.uk/
- Phone: 0121 200 2767
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 12pm – 2:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm
Thursday - Friday: 5:30pm – 11pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Guneet Singh Bindra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
We can cater cater for large groups ranging 200-500 people. Please call up the restaurant for further details.
A word from Asha's Restaurant
Birmingham now has its very own brimful of Asha right here on Newhall Street. Following on from the success of restaurants in Kuwait and Dubai this is a place where fans of Indian music and Indian food can combine their passions. The space is large but intimate, decorated in a warm, welcoming style. And if you were concerned about theme-ish menus worry no more, from the fabulous Tandoori kebabs to the unmissable curries you’ll be singing the praises of Asha’s food all the way home. With a great ambiance, wow service and the best Indian Food you can get in the UK, Asha's is placed miles ahead of its contemporaries. Asha’s is included in the Michelin guide now. The Only Indian Restaurant with highest individual rating in the prestigious Michelin Guide in West Midlands. So please make it down to Asha's where a dining experience awaits you.. With 4 new private dining rooms, we can cater for all your small and large bookings, tailor made to your requirements. See you soon at Asha's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Asha's Restaurant - Best restaurants in Birmingham ›
Asha's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (108)business meals (84)good vegetarian options (76)fit for foodies (71)group bookings (65)romance (64)pre/post theatre (26)child friendly (21)outstanding value (20)sunday lunch (12)brunch (7)outdoor eating (6)disabled access (6)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Great Business LunchPeteDined on 21/11/2014I have eaten here before. The food is second to none! They have an Executive lunch which is excellent but this time we had the "In a hurry" lunch menu. Just a choice of 3 curries and rice but it was excellent, good value for the quality and is guaranteed to come within 10 mins of serving which they easily beat. Excellent restaurant and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great Atmosphere. Recommended.ZedmanDined on 13/11/2014Had an enjoyable evening. Great food and good wine. The deserts were authentic and a cut above the usual Indian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!!!CoxyPDined on 11/11/2014This is one of the best indian restaurants I have experienced. Extensive menu and fantastic seafood. Truly is one of the few restaurants that lives up to the hype.Special Features:
- Relaxed - stylish - deliciousHMIofDining1stDined on 10/11/2014From our arrival we were looked after by extremely courteous staff . The restaurant is very attreactive with subtle lighting and you there is a lovely ambiance. The service was helpful and not rushed - the food was delicious and we'll presented. I have to say the evening was delightfun .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food and atmosphereJamesMartinDined on 10/11/2014Great dining experience, a real must for those that love flavour and variety.Special Features:
- Prawn HeavenEpicureanDined on 8/11/2014The prawn curry with the matchstick ginger and rich creamy velvet sauce with the huge prawns with the shells on is a dining treat. I adore that the prawns are large and juicy, so often prawns are very underwhelming in size and can be bland and overcooked. Not this curry, two nights later, and I still dream about this curry. The lamb chop tandoori and mushroom methi are amazing too. Please open a branch for us Londoners who cannot travel upstate every time we want prawn heaven.Special Features:
- Very goodEnjoyerDined on 4/11/2014A thoroughly enjoyable business lunch , good service and a varied menu , good bottle of Chablis tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodCarlosDined on 2/11/2014Outstanding food yet again,staff were responsive and most pleasant cant wait until my next visitSpecial Features:
- The BestRogerWDined on 16/10/2014As usual, top quality, excellent service - a little pricey, but the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice deco, ok service and ok foodsamina100Dined on 13/10/2014Went for my hubby birthday and specific told them to bring something out as a surprise. The waitress said she will inform our attendant. No birthday suprise was served. Upset about that. We had the mixed starter which was ok, king prawns within that was our highlight. Service wasn't great. We had to ask to order our mains and starters.. : (Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurantpickle2014Dined on 11/10/2014I have previously been here for their lunch 'curry in a hurry' which was very nice so decided to take my boyfriend for his birthday. It was romantic and the waiter was very attentive to our needs. Also when booking I was asked if it was for a special occasion and my boyfriend was given a piece of chocolate cake with a candle in with Happy Birthday' written on the plate with chocolate sauce which made the evening end on a special note. Will come again.Special Features:
- Another excellent mealRuthMDined on 25/9/2014As a favourite haunt of ours we weren't disappointed with our lovely evening at AshasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choicezyxxxDined on 23/9/2014My mum came up from London for a visit. Cocktails and food both great. I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday meal with familyRreignDined on 21/9/2014Nice friendly reception, wasn't overly busy. And the service was good. Veg food options were great especially the platter to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs attentionBobbyDined on 18/9/2014Food was great as usual but service was slow and non attentive. Prompting required by table guests on every occasion to order drinks and also to ask about the delay in our food. Despite informing the manager no action other than a thanks for the feedback was offered and no genuine concern displayed by the acting manager when he had been directly informed. One table guest from the USA was taken aback by the lax attitude and didn't rate the service well at all. Needs work on this!
- Great night out..AamerchauDined on 15/9/2014The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere, we were greeted and sat to our tables by a lovely host, and the waiter (Sunny) was brilliant. Started with non-alcoholic cocktails, which were both great (alchemist and tropicana) although I felt like I was eating the first one more than drinking it! We had the Seafood platter and Chicken Dobah and both were excellent, the King prawns and the Amitsari fish particularly stood out. The dessert platter was amazing! great if you can't decide what dessert to get and definately enough to share between two.Special Features:
- Great food in a lovely settingMrEatDined on 13/9/2014I have eaten at Asha's a few times now. The food is always great, the restaurant looks lovely and the service is always brilliant. My only issue would be the price of some of the drinks. Whilst some of them might be worth the high price tag others seemed a little expensive for what they were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodkelzz24Dined on 31/8/2014Third visit to this great restaurant. Food delicious, full of flavour and piping hot. Menu very varied and all excellent quality. Chicken tikka kebabs ideal for a sharing starter and the chicken is succulent. Attentive service only slight down side is expensive compared to other restaurants but for special occasions well worth it as the food is DELICIOUS !!Special Features:
- Ashas Great ExperiencePauloDined on 29/8/2014We have viisted Ashas several times previously and thought it was about time to share our experience, the food is just superb, although on the expensive side so we limit our visits to special occassions. Try the Presidents Platter for starter (shared between 4) pricey at £59 but an experience worth paying for, we then shared 2 main meals with nan which was more than enough to eat total cost with two rounds of drink £145Special Features:
- RackyRackyDined on 28/8/2014Booked for our wedding anniversary and was not disappointed, the staff and service was outstanding could not find fault with anything, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!foodiePDined on 27/8/2014Yes, that's the word I'll use to describe the wonderful place Asha's. The food was simply amazing, finger licking good. The staff were pleasant and helpful and even suggested us the "best" on their menu. A bit pricey but then worth it. Ambience was perfect and went well with the music that was played. I would definitely be coming back again!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/8/2014the prawn ginger bhoona was fabulous and the bar modern and welcoming. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a let down!DsK84Dined on 14/8/2014Again another superb evening dining at Ashas, delicious food excellent service. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieCharlieDined on 2/8/2014Saturday night early evening meal, pre booked via internet. Fantastic menu, which takes some decision making ~ No Problem. Usual suspects, Pops and chutneys nicely different. Starters were very nice too, crispy fritters of fish that were very light. Very filling ~ I think we would have one starter between two, next time. Mains - Ch Tikka, better than anything ever tasted before. I asked for a sauce to compliment the dish which was no problem. Finished with a shared mango dish. The left over Tikka was parcelled up for Sunday supper. Now I have been I will order differently and it will definitely be VFM. Excellent service ~ definitely thanksSpecial Features:
- outstandingsammieDined on 23/7/2014the restaurant was overall outstanding i loved the food and the service was excellent let alone the decor.Special Features:
- first time but very impressedaksy2305Dined on 14/7/2014We came here for my mother in laws birthday from the moment we arrived to thr moment we left the service was excellent and the food was even better.....lthey even gave a cake as a complement to the birthday.....there cocktails were amazing and again so was the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food but lots of itHattersfanDined on 14/7/2014Four of us had dinner here on a Tuesday evening. Food was great but we ordered far too much. The kebabs we had as starters were extremely good (we had a selection between us) with the baby lamb chops being voted the best. The mains were also very good but we should have ordered two between us instead of one each since the portions were very generous. The only criticism we would make is that the service was a bit too rushed with the mains coming out almost immediately after the starters, we really could have done with a bit of a break but didn't get the opportunity to request one. Overall though it was a great place with wonderful food and all the staff were really pleasant and helpful. We would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal.Nish831Dined on 10/7/2014We went to Asha's as we had received a gift voucher for my birthday. We had a great time!! The food was fresh and tasty and the cucumber cocktail was so refreshing!! The service was a little slow initially but improved as the meal went on. The portion sizes are quite filling and all the food is very tasty.Special Features:
- Mid week mealSusieWongDined on 9/7/2014i had previously looked at the menu on line and was impressed with the wide selection of dishes. However disappointingly the reality of the food was average for i have to say an extremely high price. just under £25 for a main course! both myself and my husband were disappointed we will not be rushing backSpecial Features:
- swift and great servicePandorasboxUKDined on 1/7/2014This is the second time that I have dined on a lunch time. To be served with fresh food within 15 minutes on both occasions is exactly why I will continue to return. Both times I had the 'curry in the hurry' and although some might say it sounds as it bit off putting I have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not clean, service appallinghonestreviews1985Dined on 28/6/2014Booked a table for 6:30 pm. Got sat on a table near the front where all the afternoon customers were sitting and just finishing off there meals. The table &chairs we had were rocking back and forth. One of the waiters came and put some piece of wood underneath it ( appalling). I thought this place might have been busy hence why sitting with finishing afternoon customers, took a look around and the back had lots of free spaces. So I made a point that I booked this week's ago and want to sit somewhere better (ambience/mood etc). Told the manager this and he seemed surprised but did move me to the seats around the back, not sure why he didn't put us there in first place. Very annoyed and no apology from anyone. Avoid over rated.Special Features:
- BrilliantdubbachevDined on 21/6/2014Went on the strength of a visit to the branch in Dubai and wasn't disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outQuintDined on 14/6/2014Fantastic meal. Staff made you feel like honoured guests right from entry, through the meal and departure. Wide choice of curries with great flavour, full of taste, spice was not overwhelming. Also tried some excellent cocktails both interesting in taste and appearance, which we probably should have sampled ahead of the meal rather than post. Food arrived quickly but we never felt rushed. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyFoodieDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant itself was really nice, however the food was a big let down, for the prices they charge it definitely was not worth it! We ordered a chicken main and specifically asked the waiter if it was chicken breast they used, he was persistent that it was, this was not the case the chicken dish was not breast meat and was tasteless! We have been to many Indian restaurants but must admit this was not the best by far!!Special Features:
- Top foodFCCADined on 6/6/2014Best Asian food I've tasted in Birmingham so far (and I am from bham). The chicken in the kebab platter just melted in your mouth. Shame the lamb was not halal but the staff were happy to swap for chicken which was halal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday celebrationsMellyDined on 25/5/2014Had a fantastic time, beautiful food, well presented and great service. Highly recommended. Worth the price!!! Server kindly bought out a slice of fudge cake beautifully presented with a candle for our birthday girl. We will be going again. Thank youSpecial Features:
- foodieDined on 24/5/2014The food was significantly nicer than your average Indian restaurant but not a patch near the Cinnamon Club's and Quilon's of the world. Good service and ambience though, if you are looking for somewhere lively and possibly child friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNGLODined on 24/5/2014Didnt feel rushed at all - food was tasty as usual. We had a family sat near us who were struggling to keep their children under control which was a bit off putting. Also we wree provided with the happy hour dirnks menu although this cannot be provided to diners. It was handled well though. Bit off putting when a discretionary £1 charity donation is put on the bill. Although it was only £1, I felt obliged to pay it despite the fact it was discreationary. Would rather we were asked about this before the bill was finalised.Special Features:
- Good food at Ash'sMazsDined on 14/5/2014Excellent food great all round! Nice place very friendly staff. speedy and polite very helpful with selections on menu and descriptions of each dish really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bollywood NightLekhiDined on 11/5/2014Had a brilliant night on Sunday 11/05/14 - fantastic entertainment, food and service as always. Just wish the live music was a more regular feature. Thank you.Special Features: