12-22 Newhall Street
Birmingham, B3 3LXNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ashasuk.co.uk/
- Phone: 01212002767
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 12pm – 2:30pm
Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm
Thursday - Friday: 5:30pm – 11pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Guneet Singh Bindra
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
We can cater cater for large groups ranging 200-500 people. Please call up the restaurant for further details.
A word from Asha's Restaurant
Birmingham now has its very own brimful of Asha right here on Newhall Street. Following on from the success of restaurants in Kuwait and Dubai this is a place where fans of Indian music and Indian food can combine their passions. The space is large but intimate, decorated in a warm, welcoming style. And if you were concerned about theme-ish menus worry no more, from the fabulous Tandoori kebabs to the unmissable curries you’ll be singing the praises of Asha’s food all the way home. With a great ambiance, wow service and the best Indian Food you can get in the UK, Asha's is placed miles ahead of its contemporaries. Asha’s is included in the Michelin guide now. The Only Indian Restaurant with highest individual rating in the prestigious Michelin Guide in West Midlands. So please make it down to Asha's where a dining experience awaits you.. With 4 new private dining rooms, we can cater for all your small and large bookings, tailor made to your requirements. See you soon at Asha's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Asha's Restaurant - Best restaurants in Birmingham ›
Asha's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since 18 May 2014
special occasions (103)business meals (79)good vegetarian options (75)fit for foodies (69)romance (66)group bookings (62)pre/post theatre (33)outstanding value (20)child friendly (19)sunday lunch (11)brunch (8)outdoor eating (7)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- Fantastic foodkelzz24Dined on 31/8/2014Third visit to this great restaurant. Food delicious, full of flavour and piping hot. Menu very varied and all excellent quality. Chicken tikka kebabs ideal for a sharing starter and the chicken is succulent. Attentive service only slight down side is expensive compared to other restaurants but for special occasions well worth it as the food is DELICIOUS !!Special Features:
- Ashas Great ExperiencePauloDined on 29/8/2014We have viisted Ashas several times previously and thought it was about time to share our experience, the food is just superb, although on the expensive side so we limit our visits to special occassions. Try the Presidents Platter for starter (shared between 4) pricey at £59 but an experience worth paying for, we then shared 2 main meals with nan which was more than enough to eat total cost with two rounds of drink £145Special Features:
- RackyRackyDined on 28/8/2014Booked for our wedding anniversary and was not disappointed, the staff and service was outstanding could not find fault with anything, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!foodiePDined on 27/8/2014Yes, that's the word I'll use to describe the wonderful place Asha's. The food was simply amazing, finger licking good. The staff were pleasant and helpful and even suggested us the "best" on their menu. A bit pricey but then worth it. Ambience was perfect and went well with the music that was played. I would definitely be coming back again!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/8/2014the prawn ginger bhoona was fabulous and the bar modern and welcoming. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieCharlieDined on 2/8/2014Saturday night early evening meal, pre booked via internet. Fantastic menu, which takes some decision making ~ No Problem. Usual suspects, Pops and chutneys nicely different. Starters were very nice too, crispy fritters of fish that were very light. Very filling ~ I think we would have one starter between two, next time. Mains - Ch Tikka, better than anything ever tasted before. I asked for a sauce to compliment the dish which was no problem. Finished with a shared mango dish. The left over Tikka was parcelled up for Sunday supper. Now I have been I will order differently and it will definitely be VFM. Excellent service ~ definitely thanksSpecial Features:
- outstandingsammieDined on 23/7/2014the restaurant was overall outstanding i loved the food and the service was excellent let alone the decor.Special Features:
- first time but very impressedaksy2305Dined on 14/7/2014We came here for my mother in laws birthday from the moment we arrived to thr moment we left the service was excellent and the food was even better.....lthey even gave a cake as a complement to the birthday.....there cocktails were amazing and again so was the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food but lots of itHattersfanDined on 14/7/2014Four of us had dinner here on a Tuesday evening. Food was great but we ordered far too much. The kebabs we had as starters were extremely good (we had a selection between us) with the baby lamb chops being voted the best. The mains were also very good but we should have ordered two between us instead of one each since the portions were very generous. The only criticism we would make is that the service was a bit too rushed with the mains coming out almost immediately after the starters, we really could have done with a bit of a break but didn't get the opportunity to request one. Overall though it was a great place with wonderful food and all the staff were really pleasant and helpful. We would certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal.Nish831Dined on 10/7/2014We went to Asha's as we had received a gift voucher for my birthday. We had a great time!! The food was fresh and tasty and the cucumber cocktail was so refreshing!! The service was a little slow initially but improved as the meal went on. The portion sizes are quite filling and all the food is very tasty.Special Features:
- Mid week mealSusieWongDined on 9/7/2014i had previously looked at the menu on line and was impressed with the wide selection of dishes. However disappointingly the reality of the food was average for i have to say an extremely high price. just under £25 for a main course! both myself and my husband were disappointed we will not be rushing backSpecial Features:
- swift and great servicePandorasboxUKDined on 1/7/2014This is the second time that I have dined on a lunch time. To be served with fresh food within 15 minutes on both occasions is exactly why I will continue to return. Both times I had the 'curry in the hurry' and although some might say it sounds as it bit off putting I have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- Not clean, service appallinghonestreviews1985Dined on 28/6/2014Booked a table for 6:30 pm. Got sat on a table near the front where all the afternoon customers were sitting and just finishing off there meals. The table &chairs we had were rocking back and forth. One of the waiters came and put some piece of wood underneath it ( appalling). I thought this place might have been busy hence why sitting with finishing afternoon customers, took a look around and the back had lots of free spaces. So I made a point that I booked this week's ago and want to sit somewhere better (ambience/mood etc). Told the manager this and he seemed surprised but did move me to the seats around the back, not sure why he didn't put us there in first place. Very annoyed and no apology from anyone. Avoid over rated.Special Features:
- BrilliantdubbachevDined on 21/6/2014Went on the strength of a visit to the branch in Dubai and wasn't disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outQuintDined on 14/6/2014Fantastic meal. Staff made you feel like honoured guests right from entry, through the meal and departure. Wide choice of curries with great flavour, full of taste, spice was not overwhelming. Also tried some excellent cocktails both interesting in taste and appearance, which we probably should have sampled ahead of the meal rather than post. Food arrived quickly but we never felt rushed. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyFoodieDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant itself was really nice, however the food was a big let down, for the prices they charge it definitely was not worth it! We ordered a chicken main and specifically asked the waiter if it was chicken breast they used, he was persistent that it was, this was not the case the chicken dish was not breast meat and was tasteless! We have been to many Indian restaurants but must admit this was not the best by far!!Special Features:
- Top foodFCCADined on 6/6/2014Best Asian food I've tasted in Birmingham so far (and I am from bham). The chicken in the kebab platter just melted in your mouth. Shame the lamb was not halal but the staff were happy to swap for chicken which was halal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday celebrationsMellyDined on 25/5/2014Had a fantastic time, beautiful food, well presented and great service. Highly recommended. Worth the price!!! Server kindly bought out a slice of fudge cake beautifully presented with a candle for our birthday girl. We will be going again. Thank youSpecial Features:
- foodieDined on 24/5/2014The food was significantly nicer than your average Indian restaurant but not a patch near the Cinnamon Club's and Quilon's of the world. Good service and ambience though, if you are looking for somewhere lively and possibly child friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNGLODined on 24/5/2014Didnt feel rushed at all - food was tasty as usual. We had a family sat near us who were struggling to keep their children under control which was a bit off putting. Also we wree provided with the happy hour dirnks menu although this cannot be provided to diners. It was handled well though. Bit off putting when a discretionary £1 charity donation is put on the bill. Although it was only £1, I felt obliged to pay it despite the fact it was discreationary. Would rather we were asked about this before the bill was finalised.Special Features:
- Good food at Ash'sMazsDined on 14/5/2014Excellent food great all round! Nice place very friendly staff. speedy and polite very helpful with selections on menu and descriptions of each dish really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bollywood NightLekhiDined on 11/5/2014Had a brilliant night on Sunday 11/05/14 - fantastic entertainment, food and service as always. Just wish the live music was a more regular feature. Thank you.Special Features:
- nice foodopentabledinerDined on 7/5/2014The food was really nice, very very tasty. The service from the waiter was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainMarkDined on 25/4/2014Having been to Asha's lots of times, they always deliver great food. The staff are on the ball and attentive. A great place to visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, outstanding serviceManpoodleDined on 25/4/2014We booked a table for my friend's birthday which I had informed the restaurant if through the notes section while booking through top table. They called me to say that they would bring a piece of cake out after the main meal which they did. A lovely touch! The cocktails were fabulous and the food was delicious. Everyone loved their meal! The service was outstanding. They were very attentive without being overbearing and at one point the manager came over to make sure we were happy. We were all very impressed and will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Authentic Indian foodGeoffCambDined on 20/4/2014We have been to the Asha restaurant before and the food on both occasions has been excellent. We have had the Lobster main course each time. The lobsters are big enough for two people to enjoy so are excellent value. The taste is exquisite. We have tried the lamb dishes also and they are also worth a go. The staff will advise about the strength of the curry and will offer any taste you wish. Each meal can be cooked to your requirement. The staff were excellent and make the whole occasion worthwhile. We live in Cambridge but cannot wait to get back for another Curry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/4/2014This is my second visit to Asha's, the first was so good that I decided to bring the family on this occasion and the experience was just as good. Great staff, lovely atmosphere and the best Indian food money can buy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's 30th BirthdayDavskiDined on 18/4/2014Booked a table as it my wife's 30th birthday and we just had a baby boy not long a ago. Upon special request, the restaurant arranged a booth for just the two of us. To both of our surprise they also bought out a birthday cake. Food was excellent and service was good. The only downside is the price, however the atmosphere, service and food made up for that. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who like an Indian curry.Special Features:
- An Indian for a special occasionTwiggyDined on 15/4/2014We visited the restaurant recently and were very impressed with the choice and quality of the food. The service was excellent and the decor and interior was tasteful and spacious. We had a lovely evening, with excellent food and scrumptious cocktails. I would certainly go again if I am in Birmingham and would definitely recommend a visit. Though it was not cheap it was very good value and worked out at £45 a head which included 3 cocktails each- the Singapore Sling was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but comes at a pricePPATELDined on 12/4/2014Food was very good but it isn't up there with the high end restaurants. Few minor things, getting asked 4 times by various members of staff if the food was ok; the bottom side of the naan bread was hard & impossible to eating with shards of bread being snapped off like it was a poppadum! I did mention it to the waiter but only after we finished our meal. Also a discretionary £1 charge for some charity was applied at the end. Now I have my own views & thoughts on giving money to charity, but I thought the restaurant shouldn't be doing this (even though it was a minor amount). I do think it is a bit cheeky when someone has spent £100+ that a £1 charge should be added automatically. Would definitely go again, but only on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Superb Indian FoodJohnGurkhaDined on 8/4/2014What Asha's isn't is your average Birmingham Balti. So if you are expecting the same old menu choice that you can get anywhere in Birmingham - this isn't the place for you. If you want authentic Indian cooking, cooked to perfection, Asha's is the place for you. Beautiful dishes, reminiscent of our own trips to India, is what we received. I recommend that you investigate Asha's own special dishes. Our trip was rounded off beautifully with a cake for our wedding anniversary. Make sure if you are on a special night out you let your waiter know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarychelle3008Dined on 5/4/2014We attended for our first wedding anniversary.could not fault one thing. Excellent food service and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Rushed and forced charity donation.MartinJonesDined on 5/4/2014Nice restaurant and excellent food spoiled by everything being a rush. We arrived at the restaurant and drinks orders taken and offered poppadum These arrived and before we had finished them, the main course arrived. From entering the restaurant to leaving after poppadum and a main course, 45 minutes. Not a place to go if you want to make the meal an event. Sadly, this is the 2nd time we have been and it was the same experience. The bill arrived and there was a £1 donation to a charity added. Obviously didn't want to object to this and have it taken off as that would look really bad. That, in my opinion is really bad practice and it annoyed me. We will not return as the poor experience outweighs the excellent food.Special Features:
- Relaxed diningreigatianDined on 3/4/2014The only negative thing to say is that they should clean tables and menus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and tasty!waynew007Dined on 31/3/2014On our second visit to Asha's Restaurant, we again sampled some excellent food. My partner is vegetarian and I must say what a great choice of dishes there are for veggies. It is always nice to sit at the bar afterwards for a champagne cocktail as a classy treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, great service,greatDebsDined on 28/3/2014Loved it, great service,great food & great cocktails.Special Features:
- Absolutely awesome & definitelyMK73Dined on 21/3/2014I had the honour of spending the day with a lady who features in 100 most influential women in UK today. She is a cook & has taught chef's at Buckingham palace how to cook Indian good. I decided to book a table at Asha's so I could give her a fond & everlasting memory of Birmingham. She was so impressed with the restaurant decor, history & delicious food. She complimented the chef on the scrumptious kebabs & mouthwatering paneer dish. The chef should definitely be congratulated on achieving such an endorsement from someone who is a very good cook herself. A huge thank you to all the friendly staff who made us feel very welcome & offered such outstanding service. Well Done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionLenny44Dined on 20/3/2014The restaurant is great, although a tad expensive which is why I visit once a year as a treat.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodSandeeDined on 20/3/2014We 5 colleagues went their as our farewell dinner. We loved the food we had and had very good time. We will cherish the taste for long time. I have decided to take my family there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, againRogerWDined on 10/3/2014This place really is very good. This visit was on a Monday night, it was busy but not full. Service and food were excellent, they even brought out a slice of birthday cake each for two of our party whose birthday's we were there to celebrate. Nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.