Atithi Indian Cuisine
27 York Street
Middlesex, TW1 3JZNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
Atithi Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.atithi-indiancuisine.com/
- Phone: 02087443868x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Atithi Indian Cuisine
Atithi restaurant in London’s Twickenham is an Indian restaurant that aims to keep your love affair with Indian food fresh, exciting and ever-changing. Chef Krishnapal Negi is one of the most intriguing Indian chefs in the UK, having been trained in the Oberoi hotel group and working in some of London’s very best Indian kitchens, Michelin starred Rasoi Vineet Bhatia and Bib Gourmand Tangwizi among them. His menu is full of new creations and fresh interpretations of your favourite dishes, all of them stunningly presented. The restaurant is itself a stylish spot, decorated in natural materials and amber tones with authentic artefacts. The name ‘Atithi’ means ‘guest’ in Sanskrit. Be assured, the welcome at Atithi is warm in any language.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Atithi Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since 31 October 2013
fit for foodies (7)group bookings (7)good vegetarian options (7)romance (3)special occasions (3)outstanding value (3)child friendly (2)pre/post theatre (2)business meals (2)sunday lunch (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Great currycurryloverstwickenhamDined on 20/9/2014this is a fab restaurant, very understated and to be honest I hadn't really noticed it although I live in Twickenham. really welcoming and accommodating service, great food and generous portions. unusually too in my experience, the wine (Sauvignon) was a really nice one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryPiperDined on 16/9/2014This is a small Indian restaurant tucked away on in Twickenham. I have been twice, both times with a group of 8 to 10 people, and although the place is small they have always accommodated me. The food is a la carte , and the food is top notch, not a single disappointing dish. Service is very attentive, and the prices reasonable. Only feedback I got from my Team was that they needed more choice of beer, there was if I remember only Cobra or Bud. Overall great evening.thank you.Special Features:
- Amazing Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014We chose this Indian Restaurant from Trip Advisor reviews, for our recent trip to Twickenham, and were not disappointed. It was beautiful. The food was amazing and presentation faultless. The service was great and the chef came out and talked to us too. We took photos of each of the dishes and plan to show them to our local Indian restaurant owner here in Plymouth (beautiful presentation and flavour is possible!)Special Features:
- My Favourite Indian in RichmondapatgeeVIPDined on 27/2/2014Well to be precise, that part of the world without the heat, just a professional use of the surrounding countries exotic spices. Need I really say more? This is my favourite in our area Richmond, Barnes, Old Isleworth, St Margaret's, Twickenham, we have a few others in town. In fact the chef / owner came and introduced himself. He used to work at an old haunt, The Rasoi in Chelsea, very upmarket. Here we have upmarket, authentic fayre from the sub continent without the price tag of the west end. A must try if, like me, you love the nations favourite, well prepared and beautifully presented. See you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds ExpectationsTaankyDined on 21/2/2014Good food, served in a modern way, good service with attentive staff. Would recommend anyone wanting good indian food in the Twickenam area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class local Indian restaurantSandyDined on 31/12/2013In the heart of Twickenham, this is an excellent dining experience. Pleasant, attentive staff but not intrusive. The venue is light and pleasant and the menu choices are fine. The food is freshly cooked and very well presented, providing good value for money. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite Indian RestaurantapatgeeVIPDined on 24/12/2013The chef here was at the Rasoi in Chelsea, we ate there and although good, was a huge hole in the pocket. Here the food is equally well prepared and presented. Always enjoy the new special menus. Always something new and innovative. For great value and traditional high quality food, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Atithi Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Outstanding cuisine again!apatgeeVIPDined on 9/10/2013Is this the best Indian restaurant in the Richmond Twickenham area? The best we’ve found, but seriously recommend you find out for yourself. The chef has experience in a restaurant in Chelsea that we have visited for its reputation. The food here in Atithi was unrivalled in comparison. What a treat, we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great IndianRestaurantTB21Dined on 4/10/2013We went here to have Dinner with ouroverseas guests. We Chose this restaurant due to th excellent reviews. They are right. We had there starters: Ambhi Paneer Tikka, Sev Puri, and Miloni Potli. All surprisingly different and delicous. For Mains Most had some form of chicken i.e.Sunehari Murgh, Murgh Jalfrezi, andMurgh Metiwala. Againeverybody was happy with their dish. Some of us had a dessert as well. My daughter even got. one free to try just because she asked what it was. Very friendly staff. Moreover the bill was surprisingly small. Thus highly recommended. Very good food for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really lovely Indian RestaurantOilEnergyDined on 24/8/2013A really lovely Indian Restaurant with friendly and efficient staff and delicious food.Special Features:
- Quality Indian Food in TwickenhamapatgeeVIPDined on 24/8/2013This was our third visit and we will be back. The specials menu is seasonal and always offer a different twist on our favourites. Very authentic flavours as you would expect from the chefs credentials. Worth a visit for anyone seeking an Indian dining experience with quality ingredients, well prepared and served by courteous, polite, knowledgeable staff. Recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please try this indian restaurant!ritadVIPDined on 5/7/2013Excellent food - with wonderful flavours. Menu has specials too which are fantastic around seasonality. Try indian dishes you have never had before with wonderful flavours. Excellent friendly staff. Would recommend this place. A buzz around as you find alot of the customers are having a good evening.Special Features:
- A great Indian Meal!!apatgeeVIPDined on 3/7/2013At last the Indian restaurant we have been looking for, authentic quality food. A specials menu that always has something fresh and interesting. We will be back for more and recommend to all our friends.Special Features:
- Karma karmakingsoloVIPDined on 6/6/2013What a wonderful dinner, tastes and recipes that we have never experienced. Very friendly staff with great advice, safe in their choice and fantastic for non meat eaters. Cant wait to go back! A jewel in Twickers!Special Features:
- Love the placeritadVIPDined on 16/5/2013Would recommend this every time. They change the menu too to ensure we get what is in season. Excellent service really do care that you have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend thisritadVIPDined on 2/5/2013Honestly they change their menu every month - it is excellent indian food. the tastes are superb!! Please try this you cannot go wrong. The staff are very helpful and excellent service!! We will be back again.!!Special Features:
- Authentic indian foodLondonerDined on 13/4/2013Went here for a meal with my husband after reading the reviews and I have to say the restaurant was good. The restaurant was quite busy when we got there and small and cosy with tables quite close to each other. We had to wait for a little while to be asked for drinks but thereafter the service was good. The food was exactly to our specification, we asked for it to be hot and spicy, and it was hot and spicy. Would definitely ge back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!ManuDined on 25/3/2013It was amazing experience, me and my husband had dinner there and it was amazing. we simply loved it.Special Features:
- ExcellentritadVIPDined on 21/2/2013Had a fabulous time will be going back. The food choices are wonderful. Would recommend it for a change. Excellent service and help from the attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing once again.FoodReviewerDined on 4/1/2013After our third visit to the restaurant, I decided to try something else on the menu rather than sticking to my favourites. The cottage-cheese starter was to die for and the lamb special matched my previous favourite. I can't wait to go back and try some more. Service was outstanding as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atithi Indian Restaurant TwickenhamapatgeeVIPDined on 2/1/2013Very enjoyable and would recommend to friends, slightly out of our hunting grounds (Richmond) but worth a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealtjlondonDined on 30/11/2012Visited here with my wife on a Friday night. Really good quality meal and not too expensive. Nice ambience too - busy, but still relaxed and not too noisy. Definitely a cut above the quality of your average curry and good to see some different dishes on the menu beyond what you would usually see. Would strongly recommend, especially for a nice meal out in a couple / small group - perhaps not so much the place for a curry on a night out with the lads (a bit more sophisticated than that!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious. TimingTrakkiDined on 12/10/2012Food was delicious. Timing between first and main course was a little too quick. Would definitely go back and recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian for FoodiesEFJCDined on 21/9/2012Really delicious food and great value. Good-sized (rather than enormous) portions and everything was cooked perfectly with amazing flavour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely authentic Indian. PortionsfoodloverDined on 27/4/2012Lovely authentic Indian. Portions smaller than those around but the quality made up for it. Only criticism was the courses were served to quickly so didn't have time to enjoy the wine (if we get a chance to drink more wine between courses then we are more likely to buy another bottle!). Otherwise very enjoyable evening and shall def return
- Amazing food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/4/2012Amazing food and service. Best curry we've had since moving down here. Wine very cheap too!
- This was the second time weFoodReviewerDined on 16/3/2012This was the second time we have visited this restaurant and it definitely won't be the last. Hands down the best Indian food I have had the pleasure of eating. I can highly recommend the Galafi Handi for a main! Very friendly and helpful staff. Great value for money and a lovely atmosphere. Will be back again very soon, highly recommended.