Aubaine Heddon Street
4 Heddon Street
London, W1B 4BSNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Aubaine Heddon Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aubaine.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7440 2510
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9am - 12pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11am - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 5:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday & Bank holidays: 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Garrett O'Brien
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A team of dedicated chefs work with only the finest freshest ingredients adapting and changing the menus seasonally. The offering is a selection of simple delicious authentic dishes, freshly prepared daily on site. Aubaine prides itself on its boulangerie and patisseries; a selection of country style fancy breads viennoiseries, patisseries, cakes and desserts can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Special Events: Aubaine has created an events pack to make booking your event that much easier. The pack sets out available event space accompanied by a selection of mouth-wateringly delicious menus. To ensure your celebration is as effectively pleasing to organise as the party itself Aubaine will happily provide you with a single point of contact from the moment you book through to the event itself. One word of warning. Book early. Aubaine proves a popular party destination. Please contact Charlene Jinguenaud email: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 368 0950.
A word from Aubaine Heddon Street
Located just off Regent Street in the famous gastronomic Heddon Street, Aubaine is a stylish contemporary French restaurant offering a variety of exquisite French cuisine with its own bakery & patisseries. The private room can hold up to 30 guests for seating reception and 40 guests for standing canapes. Private parties can also be catered for on request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
Aubaine Heddon Street - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Aubaine Heddon Street reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since 27 November 2013
pre/post theatre (56)outdoor eating (55)brunch (53)business meals (42)romance (40)outstanding value (33)afternoon tea (27)fit for foodies (27)special occasions (25)group bookings (22)sunday lunch (22)good vegetarian options (17)child friendly (8)disabled access (5)Show More
- We could not eat, there was no table availableCrisCaseDined on 23/11/2014After making the confirmed booking we went to the restaurant, and has yo leave due to overbooking. No table was available.
- The special offer menu was very disappointing.WislonDined on 20/11/2014The special offer brought us to this restaurant, but it was so basic as to be a bit of a joke. We therefore just had a main course and a glass of wine. The food was very nice but not great. It was early evening so hard to comment on ambience. The staff were friendly and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful atmosphereCazzieKDined on 19/11/2014This was a beautiful restaurant and we had a lovely evening. The food and wine were really great. The service wasn't top notch but was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but poor service & low average foodEG2014Dined on 18/11/2014I have been at this restaurant on several occasions, but this time was not a pleasent one. Although the waiter was very attractive, he lacked charisma and personality. We've choosen set menu and the meat was rather too fatty. It's a good place for a nice glass of wine afterwork or a coffee meeting.
- First timeCavyVIPDined on 13/11/2014Read all the reviews and noted comments both negative and positive. Great location - always loved the passageways of the area. Food on set menu was quite good, but service was excellent. Would like to try a la carte next time and one of the other branches in London. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisSDined on 12/11/2014I have dined at this restaraunt previously & as always, wonderful (although a bit on the dark side) atmosphere, fantastic & friendly service & great value for money if you opt for the set menu but on this occasion the starter (ham terrine) was really good but main (lamb cassoulet) was disgusting - it tasted like boiled meat cooked in baked beans :/ ...disappointing as I have had lamb shank here before which was amazing!Special Features:
- Pre theatre disappointmentexperiencedeaterDined on 8/11/2014Three of us arrived at the restaurant ten minutes early for a pre theatre dinner. We had set aside one hour for a two course set meal, but had one hour and ten minutes to eat. Our starter arrived after twenty minutes and when we only had ten minutes to spare, our mail course arrived as we were putting on our coats. We left hungry and very displeased with the service. The manager was full of apologies but when time is of the esssens and one has ordered a very straight forward meal that is advertised as pre theatre, it is just not good enough. I would not go backSpecial Features:
- lovely friendly environmentanonymousDined on 8/11/2014I did a group booking for 8 of us. The staff were very friendly, patient and in general the atmosphere was very relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and value!maryDined on 6/11/2014I have been to this branch of Aubaine in Hadden street a few times and each time it has been a success and an enjoyable encounter! I took a friend of mine to this restaurant a few nights ago and we both chose their special two course offer with or without a glass of wine. We both had the soup as our starter which was delicious but when we asked to replace the White bread with their usual brown and nutty bread, they didn't have it but somehow they managed to produce three slices which we appreciated. I also had plaice for my main and although it was very bony, it was tasty. The manager Louise was in particular very obliging, polite and skilful. I defiantly will return and fully recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLononweekenderDined on 1/11/2014There was a quite a few restaurants to choose from on Heddon Street in the end we choose this one very glad we did. Nice atmosphere great food and great service, a little more than we would usually pay as it was for a special occasion but was definitely worth it. Had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good value in OxfordSt nookMJ55Dined on 31/10/2014We booked through toptable the 2 courses + glass of wime for £16,50. This is very good value even if you take out the wine and have 2 courses of £13.50 and then a beer. The ceasar salad did not have chicken but a lovely anchovy sauce. The fish was delicious, and reasonable portion with the potatoes. My husband had the soup which was hearty and delicious and the stew, which whilst a smaller portion than a normal mains was tasty. He only wished he could have had more crusty bread with the soup. Great value. We had to remind the staff we were on the toptable offer. But they were attentive, courteous and kind in every respect. Some time waiting to order and for the first course to arrive. But we were starving.
- yumyumVIPDined on 30/10/2014Very pleasant and would have been great save for screeching child who screeched more or less non-stop for over 2 hours much to the annoyance of ourselves, other diners and that restaurant staff too. Nothing the restaurant could have done but the parents should have taken the child outside - it was a sunny day!
- Would go againYoligaDined on 28/10/2014Nice place. I had the set menu and although the portions are not big I didn't feel hungry but somebody with a large apetite might still feel hungry at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold room, cold staff.MrClaypoleDined on 25/10/2014The set menu is well priced but the room was freezing as the door was open the whole evening, and the staff were equally as frosty. Shame as the location is good, but I would not return - unless a change in staff was implemented.
- lissDined on 22/10/2014The food was delicious although there weren't many gluten free options. I had mentioned on my booking that I had to have gluten free food but there was nothing on the set menu I could have. I was able to choose from the A la carte and the food was really good, but it would have been nice to have been able to have chose from the deal I'd booked for. I also think if you put on the booking that you're gluten free that some bread should be offered that you can eat, or olives offered instead, but I would recommend this restaurant as the staff were helpful, it had a nice ambience and the food is good.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereSaskiaDined on 22/10/2014I went to this restaurant last minute with my Dad and overall it was a very pleasant experience. It was around 5pm so not very busy as most people were still at work. I had fish and chips and my Dad had the mussels and chips. It was reasonable value for central London although the offer I had pre-booked was changed once I was there as the offers of the day were better value. Overall the staff were very accommodating and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I would say I had the best battered fish I have had all year, my only fault was that the chips came pre-salted and it felt as if they had poured half a bag of salt on them. sadly I was unable to eat them as a result. On the whole I would definitely recommend this venue.Special Features:
- Lovely Service - Good FoodrecklessgalDined on 13/10/2014Had a delightful lunch here on their special menu, after visiting the Royal Academy. The food was fresh, attractively served and delicious. The Pork Terrine as a starter tasted subtle and a little spicy, the salad starter was very fresh and attractively arranged. The main course fish was delicious. The wine was well priced and the service friendly and attentive without being intrusive. My first vist but not my last.Special Features:
- Date-tasticDB2kDined on 11/10/2014Lovely little place. Well cooked food on a good menu. Nice wine list. Not hugely expensive. If you haven't been then I recommend it.Special Features:
- BKROSEVIPDined on 5/10/2014Restaurant is great. Service is attentive and food comes out quick. Great for a leisurely weekend brunch since they have both breakfast and lunch options. Child-friendly.Special Features:
- Delicious food!maryDined on 2/10/2014I have been to Aubaine a few times and they have not failed to satisfy my eclectic taste of food.. Excellent service and great value for money specially with Open Table special offer. I will return and recommend it fully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, same about the serviceLauraG29Dined on 2/10/2014I visited Aubaine for the 2 course and glass of wine special. The food was fantastic and great value for the money, the main of Mackerel was particularly delicious! The ambiance of the restaurant was also lovely but it was all spoilt by the rude and inattentive staff. We waited over 10 mins after being sat down to be given the correct menu and when we asked for the set menu the waiter rolled his eyes at us! It was another 10 mins before anyone came back to take out drinks and food order. When the food was brought out none of the 4 waiters plus Head of House came to ask if everything was OK. I can appreciate that the attentiveness of the staff may lack when a restaurant has a packed service but the place was only a quarter full.Special Features:
- Wonderful date night...KayLondonerDined on 27/9/2014Having been captivated by Aubaine's French boulangerie for several months, my partner and I decided to dine at their Heddon Street restaurant after galavanting around Green Park and took advantage of their Autumn offer: 2 courses & glass of wine £16.50. I highly recommend this as the selected menu still offers a wonderful range of choices and all topped off with an agreeable glass of wine.Special Features:
- Great location but shabby serviceSiggoukDined on 27/9/2014We met here for a girls lunch, the staff were friendly and let us choose our table but after that service was really inconsistent. It took ages to order drinks, we then ordered food which took ages to arrive, and when we tried to order further drinks after eating, by which time we had moved outside, it took 3 reminders and about 20 minute before they arrived. The food itself was delicious and the staff weren't rude, they just seemed out of their depth - perhaps it was just a bad day. The restaurant was not full though so goodness knows what would have happened if it was!
- Average...but good locationkioraleeDined on 19/9/2014Poor goats cheese and caramelised onion tart - a circle of flaky pastry with very little cheese, not a tart at all! Mains were better. Good value for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationGredwardDined on 19/9/2014A great location with a set menu on offer. The set menu however had a very limited choice. Was very busy when we visited so service was understandably slower than it could have been. A great place to visit before going to the theatre. Just get there early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Brunch place!MagsVIPDined on 14/9/2014Very good and tasty brunch and breakfast. very nice cappuccino and kind staff.Special Features:
- uninspiring food and serviceanonymousDined on 23/8/2014The atmosphere was great! However the quality of food was uninspiring and the service was on the poor side. Although we booked, the table was not ready for us even though it is a low peak time before 6. Wrong drinks were brought to our table (when there are only few tables occupied) and the steak and fries was tiny. Felt sorry for the guys that ordered it.
- Fab setting but disappointing foodrgp18Dined on 21/8/2014Visited Aubaine for a midweek supper with a friend and had the set menu option. This would have represented great value if the food has been something we had enjoyed. However cheap a meal is, you can't help but to feel ripped off when you feel you could have made better at home. My soup tasted decidedly like Heinz tinned soup and was boiling hot in the centre and cold on top leading me to think it had been microwaved. My friends duck salad consisted of 99% lettuce and 1% duck and our mains of goats cheese penne were oily, bland and dry. With the competition from other eateries on Heddon St, I would have expected them to up their game, or at least serve decent food to entice me back to revisit or try the ala carte menu.Special Features:
- Be prepared to go a la cartefunkymonkeyVIPDined on 19/8/2014You will be attracted by the set menu offer pricing (which is not exclusive to TT). But upon arrival when you see the set menu it does not give a great spread of variety / options (eg grilled sardines for main, or butternut and broad bean salad for starter) and you will most likely defer to the main a la carte menu, which has very good variety. Food was good, though the 'truffle mash' side doesn't have any truffle in it that anyone could spot - even the waitress agreed it was a bit suspect when we raised it, but wasn't taken off the bill. However overall its a good place with fresh ambience and very tempting desserts.
- saturday nightKkkkDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyable meal and quite reasonable price for meal in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceNaty28Dined on 2/8/2014The waiter greeted us luck he knew us. The restaurant had all of the doors open on a hit summer evening and we were immediately offered cool water whilst the menu was described in depth to us- this included pictures of each item on the waiters phone. He gave us excellent recommendations too. The food was very fresh and the wine was cooled to perfection! We can't wait to go back and have another crack at the summer menu as it changes every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSazKDined on 30/7/2014Busy location and lively atmosphere with friendly staff but chaotic service. When my starter arrived there was a long dark hair in the mozzarella. The waiter apologised and said they would replace it straight away. So my partner waited with his food in front of him for 10 minutes. When it came the portion of mozzarella was tiny but at least it was hair free. The main courses were also very small portions, I was surprised when the bill arrived I had been charged for the hairy mozzarella but unfortunately we didn't have time to argue so we paid the bill and left. There is a distinct lack of good customer service at Aubaine.as an apology did not compensate for a ruined meal. Very disappointing evening and would definitely not recommend.
- Nice ambience, fresh tasting foodRimahpatelDined on 25/7/2014A nice place to catch up with friends or for a romantic meal. I had dinner; smoked salmon salad which was tasty and then the fish goujons which were a little bland on the inside. The dessert menu is varied and the chocolate eclair definitely hits the spot! The drink of the month( elderflower fizz) was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaotic service, average foodLondonFoodieDined on 18/7/2014Five waiters came to our table; offering the incorrect food and drinks as they were confused as to which table they were meant to bring it to; salmon came for my friend and they asked if I had ordered a main dish as they didnt cook it!? Had to wait another 15 mins before bringing along my lamb. Absolutely chaotic service that I have not experienced anywhere else. Stick to allocated waiters to a set number of tablea please. The walnut salad was bland, and the mains were also of average quality. Disappointed, and will not be coming back to Aubaine.Special Features:
- Poor meal, noisy restaurantgss1Dined on 17/7/2014Maybe the food here is better if one chooses from the a la carte menu rather than the opentable offer... I know I've had good coffee and cakes from other branches of Aubaine. What we had here was very poor, no point in saying anything else about it. I will not go back or recommend to others. Only positive thing I ca say is that the staff were all lovely.
- Fantastic food!yummymojitoVIPDined on 10/7/2014Although the service was slightly irratic (given the wrong meal a few times) the friendliness of the staff made this go completely over our heads! Delicious food though and a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value with the special offerSibaritaDined on 9/7/2014A friend and I had dinner at Aubaine, taking advantage of their special deal which is really good value for money. It was a lovely evening with people sitting on the terrace and all the French windows in the restaurant wide open and as the restaurant is on a pedestrian street, no need to worry about car fumes!Special Features:
- Nice escape from Regent St bustleSundayDined on 9/7/2014Sat outside with some friends and had the set menu. Food was good and good location for the centre of town. It wasn't entirely clear how the wine worked within the set deal so could be clearer. Like the french style decor.Special Features:
- Great food but poor servicebarnzyDined on 3/7/2014Great food but on this particular occasion we seemed to have received terrible service. Table not cleared, slow service and did not receive the same level of attention or serbjce as others. We did seem to be the only neglected table! The manager was very good when we first entered but after that it went downhill. Will definitely give it another chance as the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastgertVIPDined on 3/7/2014Pleasant ambience. Food was slow to arrive but our breakfasts were fine.Special Features: