Aubaine Heddon Street
4 Heddon Street
London, W1B 4BSNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Aubaine Heddon Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aubaine.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074402510
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9am - 12pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11am - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 5:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday & Bank holidays: 12pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Garrett O'Brien
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A team of dedicated chefs work with only the finest freshest ingredients adapting and changing the menus seasonally. The offering is a selection of simple delicious authentic dishes, freshly prepared daily on site. Aubaine prides itself on its boulangerie and patisseries; a selection of country style fancy breads viennoiseries, patisseries, cakes and desserts can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Special Events: Aubaine has created an events pack to make booking your event that much easier. The pack sets out available event space accompanied by a selection of mouth-wateringly delicious menus. To ensure your celebration is as effectively pleasing to organise as the party itself Aubaine will happily provide you with a single point of contact from the moment you book through to the event itself. One word of warning. Book early. Aubaine proves a popular party destination. Please contact Charlene Jinguenaud email: email@example.com / 0207 368 0950.
A word from Aubaine Heddon Street
Located just off Regent Street in the famous gastronomic Heddon Street, Aubaine is a stylish contemporary French restaurant offering a variety of exquisite French cuisine with its own bakery & patisseries. The private room can hold up to 30 guests for seating reception and 40 guests for standing canapes. Private parties can also be catered for on request.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Eating
Aubaine Heddon Street - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Aubaine Heddon Street reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since 20 October 2013
pre/post theatre (55)outdoor eating (53)brunch (52)business meals (42)romance (41)outstanding value (35)fit for foodies (30)afternoon tea (29)special occasions (27)sunday lunch (23)group bookings (22)good vegetarian options (17)child friendly (6)disabled access (5)Show More
- Lovely Service - Good FoodrecklessgalDined on 13/10/2014Had a delightful lunch here on their special menu, after visiting the Royal Academy. The food was fresh, attractively served and delicious. The Pork Terrine as a starter tasted subtle and a little spicy, the salad starter was very fresh and attractively arranged. The main course fish was delicious. The wine was well priced and the service friendly and attentive without being intrusive. My first vist but not my last.Special Features:
- Date-tasticDB2kDined on 11/10/2014Lovely little place. Well cooked food on a good menu. Nice wine list. Not hugely expensive. If you haven't been then I recommend it.Special Features:
- Delicious food!maryDined on 2/10/2014I have been to Aubaine a few times and they have not failed to satisfy my eclectic taste of food.. Excellent service and great value for money specially with Open Table special offer. I will return and recommend it fully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, same about the serviceLauraG29Dined on 2/10/2014I visited Aubaine for the 2 course and glass of wine special. The food was fantastic and great value for the money, the main of Mackerel was particularly delicious! The ambiance of the restaurant was also lovely but it was all spoilt by the rude and inattentive staff. We waited over 10 mins after being sat down to be given the correct menu and when we asked for the set menu the waiter rolled his eyes at us! It was another 10 mins before anyone came back to take out drinks and food order. When the food was brought out none of the 4 waiters plus Head of House came to ask if everything was OK. I can appreciate that the attentiveness of the staff may lack when a restaurant has a packed service but the place was only a quarter full.Special Features:
- Wonderful date night...KayLondonerDined on 27/9/2014Having been captivated by Aubaine's French boulangerie for several months, my partner and I decided to dine at their Heddon Street restaurant after galavanting around Green Park and took advantage of their Autumn offer: 2 courses & glass of wine £16.50. I highly recommend this as the selected menu still offers a wonderful range of choices and all topped off with an agreeable glass of wine.Special Features:
- Great location but shabby serviceSiggoukDined on 27/9/2014We met here for a girls lunch, the staff were friendly and let us choose our table but after that service was really inconsistent. It took ages to order drinks, we then ordered food which took ages to arrive, and when we tried to order further drinks after eating, by which time we had moved outside, it took 3 reminders and about 20 minute before they arrived. The food itself was delicious and the staff weren't rude, they just seemed out of their depth - perhaps it was just a bad day. The restaurant was not full though so goodness knows what would have happened if it was!
- Average...but good locationkioraleeDined on 19/9/2014Poor goats cheese and caramelised onion tart - a circle of flaky pastry with very little cheese, not a tart at all! Mains were better. Good value for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationGredwardDined on 19/9/2014A great location with a set menu on offer. The set menu however had a very limited choice. Was very busy when we visited so service was understandably slower than it could have been. A great place to visit before going to the theatre. Just get there early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Brunch place!MagsVIPDined on 14/9/2014Very good and tasty brunch and breakfast. very nice cappuccino and kind staff.Special Features:
- uninspiring food and serviceanonymousDined on 23/8/2014The atmosphere was great! However the quality of food was uninspiring and the service was on the poor side. Although we booked, the table was not ready for us even though it is a low peak time before 6. Wrong drinks were brought to our table (when there are only few tables occupied) and the steak and fries was tiny. Felt sorry for the guys that ordered it.
- Fab setting but disappointing foodrgp18Dined on 21/8/2014Visited Aubaine for a midweek supper with a friend and had the set menu option. This would have represented great value if the food has been something we had enjoyed. However cheap a meal is, you can't help but to feel ripped off when you feel you could have made better at home. My soup tasted decidedly like Heinz tinned soup and was boiling hot in the centre and cold on top leading me to think it had been microwaved. My friends duck salad consisted of 99% lettuce and 1% duck and our mains of goats cheese penne were oily, bland and dry. With the competition from other eateries on Heddon St, I would have expected them to up their game, or at least serve decent food to entice me back to revisit or try the ala carte menu.Special Features:
- Be prepared to go a la cartefunkymonkeyVIPDined on 19/8/2014You will be attracted by the set menu offer pricing (which is not exclusive to TT). But upon arrival when you see the set menu it does not give a great spread of variety / options (eg grilled sardines for main, or butternut and broad bean salad for starter) and you will most likely defer to the main a la carte menu, which has very good variety. Food was good, though the 'truffle mash' side doesn't have any truffle in it that anyone could spot - even the waitress agreed it was a bit suspect when we raised it, but wasn't taken off the bill. However overall its a good place with fresh ambience and very tempting desserts.
- saturday nightKkkkDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyable meal and quite reasonable price for meal in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceNaty28Dined on 2/8/2014The waiter greeted us luck he knew us. The restaurant had all of the doors open on a hit summer evening and we were immediately offered cool water whilst the menu was described in depth to us- this included pictures of each item on the waiters phone. He gave us excellent recommendations too. The food was very fresh and the wine was cooled to perfection! We can't wait to go back and have another crack at the summer menu as it changes every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSazKDined on 30/7/2014Busy location and lively atmosphere with friendly staff but chaotic service. When my starter arrived there was a long dark hair in the mozzarella. The waiter apologised and said they would replace it straight away. So my partner waited with his food in front of him for 10 minutes. When it came the portion of mozzarella was tiny but at least it was hair free. The main courses were also very small portions, I was surprised when the bill arrived I had been charged for the hairy mozzarella but unfortunately we didn't have time to argue so we paid the bill and left. There is a distinct lack of good customer service at Aubaine.as an apology did not compensate for a ruined meal. Very disappointing evening and would definitely not recommend.
- Nice ambience, fresh tasting foodRimahpatelDined on 25/7/2014A nice place to catch up with friends or for a romantic meal. I had dinner; smoked salmon salad which was tasty and then the fish goujons which were a little bland on the inside. The dessert menu is varied and the chocolate eclair definitely hits the spot! The drink of the month( elderflower fizz) was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaotic service, average foodLondonFoodieDined on 18/7/2014Five waiters came to our table; offering the incorrect food and drinks as they were confused as to which table they were meant to bring it to; salmon came for my friend and they asked if I had ordered a main dish as they didnt cook it!? Had to wait another 15 mins before bringing along my lamb. Absolutely chaotic service that I have not experienced anywhere else. Stick to allocated waiters to a set number of tablea please. The walnut salad was bland, and the mains were also of average quality. Disappointed, and will not be coming back to Aubaine.Special Features:
- Poor meal, noisy restaurantgss1Dined on 17/7/2014Maybe the food here is better if one chooses from the a la carte menu rather than the opentable offer... I know I've had good coffee and cakes from other branches of Aubaine. What we had here was very poor, no point in saying anything else about it. I will not go back or recommend to others. Only positive thing I ca say is that the staff were all lovely.
- Fantastic food!yummymojitoVIPDined on 10/7/2014Although the service was slightly irratic (given the wrong meal a few times) the friendliness of the staff made this go completely over our heads! Delicious food though and a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value with the special offerSibaritaDined on 9/7/2014A friend and I had dinner at Aubaine, taking advantage of their special deal which is really good value for money. It was a lovely evening with people sitting on the terrace and all the French windows in the restaurant wide open and as the restaurant is on a pedestrian street, no need to worry about car fumes!Special Features:
- Nice escape from Regent St bustleSundayDined on 9/7/2014Sat outside with some friends and had the set menu. Food was good and good location for the centre of town. It wasn't entirely clear how the wine worked within the set deal so could be clearer. Like the french style decor.Special Features:
- Great food but poor servicebarnzyDined on 3/7/2014Great food but on this particular occasion we seemed to have received terrible service. Table not cleared, slow service and did not receive the same level of attention or serbjce as others. We did seem to be the only neglected table! The manager was very good when we first entered but after that it went downhill. Will definitely give it another chance as the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastgertVIPDined on 3/7/2014Pleasant ambience. Food was slow to arrive but our breakfasts were fine.Special Features:
- DeliciousDebgrowDined on 25/6/2014I had the turbot special (served with fennel and salad) and it was wonderful. Cooked to perfection and very yummy. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value on the dealLoveFoodVIPDined on 13/6/2014Aubaine has a great ambience, the deal is good value, but you get what you pay for - the food is quite measly in size.Special Features:
- Average food.LillieDined on 8/6/2014Service is a little mad. The waiter seems have trouble to remember orders. A pack of salad for a couple of pounds from Tesco wouldn't be worse than the starter it served. The reason I gave 3 start is for the fish main course which was nice and the outdoor seating.Special Features:
- Tasty food but slow serviceeat4funVIPDined on 6/6/2014The Aubaine in Heddon Street is a good venue on a warm evening with outside seating. The opentable table menu offers three choices for each course. The starter salad had some interesting flavours, particularly the pickled fig. Unfortunately wheat free bread isn't offered which is a pity for the growing number of people who don't eat wheat or gluten. The mackerel had finished and salmon offered as an alternative sitting on a tasty ratatouille. The gnocchi was delicious. The service was wry slow on this busy Friday evening but luckily we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- not the greatestChuckanDined on 5/6/2014I went here on a Thursday evening before going to the theatre. Part of the reason I chose this place was partly for their 2 courses offer which I have enjoyed at so many other Open Table restaurants. It was very poor to be honest. 3 poor starter options and only 2 mains. The standard wasn't great either. I also take issue with any restaurant that makes it difficult to have tap water on the table. They apparently only have one jug for the whole of the restaurant and due to less than attentive service we only managed to get one small glass. Also on service I had to chase them so I could order a second bottle of wine. The service in general was nowhere to be seen most of the time either.
- Luv2eatDined on 23/5/2014Restaurant is sweet/romantic looking. Starters were good, main was quite bland. Staff were very nice but seemed to forget about us after our mains. We had to ask for the dessert menu 30 mins later. Good job we were having good conversation. Other than that it was a pleasant place to eat. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little corner of ProvencepollyDined on 19/5/2014Lunch here with friends - sat outside on a beautiful sunny afternoon. Good food and very pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aubaine - ASSnoopsDined on 15/5/2014Lovely and vibrant atmosphere. Good food and wine. The only criticism is please make sure if you have an offer you specify to the waiter as we received a large glass of wine and the offer was only for a small glass of house wine and luckily we didn't have to pay extra as we said that the waiter should have confirmed what was included in the offer and should not have offered expensive wine. Great place to hang out with friends.Special Features:
- Very niceNinseDined on 9/5/2014Service and food were very good. Ambience was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Provence interiorsilvianDined on 9/5/2014The 2-course deal menu had a very limited choice of courses. Also the food was just ok, compared to other restaurants in the same price category where I've had excellent gastronomic experiences. I had a tomato and pomegranate salad that was just sour and watery. The mains were not outstanding either. The interior was nice and light though, so it is a nice place to sit and chat.Special Features:
- Great mealnickDined on 26/4/2014Booked the special offer but ended up going from the main menu which wasn't that much more expensiveSpecial Features:
- Good Value but average foodBarbieDined on 17/4/2014A friend and i were going to the theatre and rather than have dinner at a chain restaurant thought we would look at the reviews and offers available. Aubaine came up, the location was perfect so we thought we would give it a try. The set offer menu was really limited and i think that a lot of customers would struggle to choose a dish. We however are not fussy, the watercress soup was lovely and bread was supplied with the starters. For the main we chose the fish which was tasteless and served with springonion and sweetcord which was really odd. In hindsight I would have paid more attention to the description of the dishes and would not have chosen this dish. Will not returnSpecial Features:
- Reluctant dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 16/4/2014Not my first time at Aubaine, but first time for lunch. Needed a restaurant last minute and Aubaine, Dover Street was booked for lunch. Heddon Street is a good alternative location with a reasonable menu choice, but service is yet again too lack-lustre. Yet again, I left wanting.. and actually could not wait to finish and get away - just felt uncomfortable - again!
- We dined on 11 April. TheFlashKashDined on 11/4/2014We dined on 11 April. The restaurant was nicely buzzy and I loved the French décor. We waited a long time for 2 Champagne cocktails and a vodka martini. Cocktails were delicious- the vodka martini was cloudy and had bits of olive, it seemed floating in it- didn't like that. My lamb steak was beautifully cooked, my husband's lamb shoulder was rich and sumptuous. My friend's burger however, was chewy. Desserts were the star- we ordered crème brulee, almond macaroon and tarte tartin- all superb. I thought it was a well priced restaurantSpecial Features:
- Set menu limited but delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Set menu limited but delicious. Beware no potatoes with mains so have to add side dish which was extra. Coffee expensive £3.50 for an Americano. But lovely setting just off Regent Street. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fine, service was poorRaufyDined on 10/4/2014I had lunch here with a friend during the week. The restaurant was not busy but the service was still poor. When we asked if we could sit outside, the waiter was very unhelpful and told us to have a look for a space ourselves. We then waited 10 minutes for a menu and we had to ask for our drinks twice. The food was fine but I don’t think I will hurry back.
- Pretty french bistrofoodiekittyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Aubaine has been springing up around town but this was the first one I was introduced to and now I'm back again with the great offer. The choices on the menu were limited and the portions small. My starter consisted of two baby leeks in a vingarette and my main of pork chop was a bit dry. The desserts are always good here so I would say it's a great lunch place especially being just off regents street.Special Features: