31 Dover Street
London, W1S 4NDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aubaine.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7368 0955
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am to 10.30pm
Saturday: 8am to 10.30pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 9am to 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Garrett O
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A team of dedicated chefs work with only the finest freshest ingredients adapting and changing the menus seasonally. The offering is a selection of simple delicious authentic dishes, freshly prepared daily on site. Aubaine prides itself on its boulangerie and patisseries; a selection of country style fancy breads viennoiseries, patisseries, cakes and desserts can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Special Events: Aubaine has created an events pack to make booking your event that much easier. The pack sets out available event space accompanied by a selection of mouth-wateringly delicious menus. To ensure your celebration is as effectively pleasing to organise as the party itself Aubaine will happily provide you with a single point of contact from the moment you book through to the event itself. One word of warning. Book early. Aubaine proves a popular party destination. Please contact Charlene Jinguenaud email: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0207 368 0950.
A word from Aubaine Mayfair
Aubaine Restaurants in the heart of Mayfair. A perfect haven for those looking to relax and refuel after a visit to the designer boutiques of Bond Street. Aubaine's chic, sophisticated ambience provides the ideal environment for those in search of a discreet space to 'talk business' or simply catch up with friends. Aubaine offers a delicious variety of breakfast lunch and dinner options. Renowned for its exquisite offering of freshly prepared and baked patisserie, rustic style breads, viennoiseries, cakes and desserts, in addition, Aubaine's all day menu features an exciting mix of Mediterranean dishes, reflecting the true essence of Aubaine. For those seeking a more exclusive dining experience, a truly impressive private room can be found on the lower ground floor featuring authentic vaulted ceilings, seating up to 30 people or 45 standing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aubaine Mayfair reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since 23 November 2013
business meals (108)brunch (94)romance (71)pre/post theatre (57)special occasions (49)outstanding value (46)fit for foodies (41)afternoon tea (38)group bookings (37)sunday lunch (36)good vegetarian options (16)outdoor eating (9)child friendly (8)disabled access (5)Show More
- Good for casual diningTAR5Dined on 18/11/2014Good food and good service in a relaxed atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing lunchCraigDined on 7/11/2014Lovely place for excellent food in a nice setting with fantastic service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Entertaining overseas friendsWeloveourfoodDined on 3/11/2014Some very close personal friends are on a week long visit from San Diego, USA. We wanted a top quality comfortable and quiet restaurant in Mayfair. The food we enjoyed was outstanding and the staff were knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Aubaine Mayfair met our requirements perfectly. The only criticism we had was that the 'special' main course (Venison) was overpriced compared with the other pricings and this price was not advised on the menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGuestDined on 1/11/2014I could not fault this restaurant! The food was amazing as was the service. They explained something on the menu which we were unsure what it was. Topped up our wine without having to ask. Left us be to enjoy our meal and cleared the plates with speedness. Would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sevice, value and foodAnaLuDined on 1/11/2014Me and my friend had brunch on saturday. The food was delicious, service very attentive, ambience french style, nice music, but not much space between tables. Really enjoyed , and definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Breakfast in fantastic decorSFvisitorDined on 27/10/2014Aubaine is a small chain of breakfast/lunch places in London. We ate at the Mayfair location and the food was very good. Fresh orange juice, English breakfast and cappuccino, that they kindly made a 2nd one for me free. The decor is gorgeous--the materials they used are high end: Taupe herringbone wood floors, Large Parisian mirrored bar, cozy tables and banquetts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- londonrestDined on 23/10/2014Service was unbelievably slow even though the restaurant was empty. Getting the attention of a waiter/waitress was a real challenge. Scrambled eggs took them almost an hour to make. I asked for a pepper mill. They brought me an empty one so I asked for a full one; 20 minutes later they told me they had run out of fresh pepper!!! For £4.50 per portion, they bring you 3 really really tiny stripes of bacon which have zero meat and pure fat... We had to ask for the bill 3 times. I have to remember never to go back!
- Terrible service; nasty foodAngelaSDined on 17/10/2014A dreadful experience. The service was really, really poor. The waitress could barely be bothered to take our order. When explaining the food she couldn't remember what was on the menu, so what arrived wasn't what we thought we'd ordered. Specific low lights included:(1) the Squid was fried (overly) despite the menu not mentioning that fact; the 'Tomato Compote' which accompanied the sea bass was basically lumpy tinned tomatoes with no seasoning; and the 'ice cream' boules turned out to be half scoops of sorbet or ice cream depending on the flavour (again, no pre warning) - both of which had clearly de-frosted then re-frosted. I have had a dodgy stomach all day - highly unusual for me as I'm never ill. I wonder what caused that...?
- Lovely place but....SEAsianFanDined on 17/10/2014We booked Aubaine Mayfair for a celebratory family lunch and we given a lovely large table in a alcove. It soon became apparent that being tucked away meant that we were often forgotten when it came to service. There was one lovely server who did her very best to cover her section of the restaurant but she had no effective support from other staff for taking orders and coming back to tables, so it was very slow service. The gentlemen on our table had to keep getting up and having a wander around to find someone to take our orders. Otherwise, the food and ambience is lovely and our server herself was lovely, helpful and patient. Well worth a visit but allow enough time as service can be erratic.Special Features:
- Faultless service, perfect foodMaryDined on 14/10/2014Aubaine is prime example relaxed finer dining at its best. I ate here on Tuesday evening, where many places in the area were quiet, Aubaine had a real buzz about it. I cannot recommend this place enough. Put simply great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected treatOffdayDined on 13/10/2014Very convenient location near Green Park station, the late lunch offer provided very good food at a rather modest price. Watch the wine bill, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurilloDined on 3/10/2014lovely place lovely food great staff, definitely gonna be back for more yummy food and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Best Value in MayfairfanofaubaineDined on 30/9/2014This is a reliably good french restaurant with a nice ambience in Mayfair. I've become a regular for business lunches. The food is delicious although on the light side, so when I just get a main I sometimes leave hungry if I avoid the delicious bread and butter. The price / quality / taste ratio can't be beat!Special Features:
- EnjoyableCchurchDined on 23/9/2014Good food, great lighting, French inspired interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinewithmeDined on 18/9/2014Visited for a second time for dinner, and had another great experience. Service good and food spot on. Ambience and decor also lovely. Will likely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aubaine MayfairK311Dined on 15/9/2014Met with a client, nice setting, good food and close to the office, would return!Special Features:
- Decent dinner option in MayfairMangeMaryDined on 12/9/2014We dined here before making our way to Mr. Fogg's and it was a good quiet option for a solid dinner before entering a very different scene a few streets away! Their Summer offer was going on and it's what attracted me to the restaurant online, but when I inquired about it, the server made a meh face and mentioned that the options are plain and small. We were deterred by that immediately and ended up ordering off the main menu. Service was very good (12.5% gratuity is included in the bill) and food was pretty good as well.Special Features:
- breakfastwynkinsDined on 10/9/2014Went for breakfast with two friends and while the choice on tbe menu was good and tbe food delicious, the service let down the whole experience.
- A lovely impromptu dinnerFoodWine24Dined on 5/9/2014I booked this very last minute as I was in the locality. The atmosphere was lovely with a good choice of wines and very quick service for food. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueJanoDined on 2/9/2014Great service. Nice food. Very good value. The desert choices were particularly nice.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 31/8/2014Really looked forward to this breakfast and it was a huge disappointment. Woeful service and cold eggs.
- Lunch at Aubainegig46Dined on 27/8/2014We chose to have the set menu which is served from 2.00 pm. The price was very good and the food delicious. The staff were welcoming, efficient and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerjlllDined on 26/8/2014great service and quality food as usual! will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodvibesDined on 23/8/2014I used the summer offer and there was no mention of a set menu, but unfortunately we were offered a set menu when we arrived. Other than that it was a nice chilled restaurant, the service was fantastic and food was good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit mehhg12Dined on 22/8/2014We ate from the (very limited) special menu which was cheap at £16.50 with a glass of wine but exc veg. But my chicken starter was bland and not very good. Service was very good. Good Nice ambiance but background music too loud.
- Lovely lunchVerityDined on 21/8/2014I chose this restaurant for lunch on Thurs 21 July as I'd not been there before. I've eaten at most of the restaurants in this area. My lunch partner had dined here and was happy to return. We had a lovely lunch. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I was acknowledged by front desk immediately on entering and although we had a nice table in the conservatory at the back we were not forgotten about. Whilst the menu was not overally extensive, which I prefer, there was a good and varied choice and also some specials. Our food was well cooked and nicely presented. The restaurant was very busy and buzzy but the tables are well spaced and you are able to chat easily without having to compete with the other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mid-priced option in MayfairCAcaVIPDined on 13/8/2014Good mid priced option in Mayfair. Good breakfast menu, and service is quick enough
- Beware of the Specials - AuBURNedWorkingLuncherDined on 12/8/2014Although the food is good, my 'Special' was not worth the price. I ordered the special ravioli (pumpkin and scallop). No prices were mentioned. It was nice but for four ravioli and four weeny scallops (whites only), imagine my shock when the bill came and it cost £24.50. My colleague ordered something off the menu which was also good and better value, I just know better next time not to be lured in by the specials. Also, my colleague said she didn't want sparkling water, but got a big bottle of Evian anyway and was too surprised to say anything. Another £4. I think they take a mick a bit.
- Boring and over-pricedKatyDined on 11/8/2014Boring menu, poor service even though the place was empty. Tiny portions if icer priced food. Go to Cote!Special Features:
- Relaxing, high quality serviceKseniaDined on 2/8/2014The food and the service were excellent. Also, the restaurant has a relaxing and trendy atmosphere.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 30/7/2014Nice restuarant, food was good, although portion size was a little on the small size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodLondonAlexDined on 29/7/2014Went with work colleagues for an easy going Tuesday lunch and got exactly what we were aiming for. The restaurant has the tardis effect - being bigger on the inside than wyou would expect. The ambience is very nice. The food was good. The service was very good. No complaints about anything.Special Features:
- A casual lunchbackballDined on 28/7/2014A perfect place for a casual lunch. Disappointed that some items were unavailable on the regular menu but the food that we had was very good.Special Features:
- NiceHector109Dined on 26/7/2014Was very quiet so no atmosphere but am sure there would be if it was busier. It is a very pretty restaurant, very nicely done. Service was good but incredibly slow, despite being so empty. We had been warned of this by numerous people and it was so true, we had previously had coffee/drinks here and that was also very slow. The food was delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilltrynethingDined on 22/7/2014A compelling ambience, especially so at a table by the window Very effective and able but by no means intrusive service Cracking menu. Even the crudites to share starter were that bit specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Oasis in Dover StreetClarkenhauserDined on 16/7/2014The Aubaine Mayfair is a perfect for sanctuary for lunch or early supper. The atmosphere is stylish but calm and the service is attentive. The food is excellent and well balanced for all tastes. Take your partner or business colleagues; you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- DulwichfoodieDined on 15/7/2014We had a burger but it ended up being a piece of steak which was very different and it was tough too. Not a great meal but I do like the restaurant in general.Special Features:
- Discriminating EaterFredDined on 12/7/2014Overall a good experience for our sons birthday brunch - our Eggs Royale and Eggs Florentine were just perfect, and the waiter brought us whole meal fresh bread on the house. The outside seats were comfortable for this quietish road in Mayfair.Special Features:
- Good, not greatLikes2eatDined on 10/7/2014Second time have been to Aubaine with a client....Second time it seems to take an age to get served or have an attentive waiter. In fairness they looked rushed off their feet but that unfortunately creates a distinctly average service. Had to ask 3 times for an orange juice and it must of been about 5-10mins between each time! The food is good, not much better. The fry up doesn’t specify the sausage in there, I think its a Toulouse sausage...would prefer a different option as its not what id classify a 'fry up' sausage and dislike the taste. Dissapointed with menu choices for what should be a 'classic' french restuarant. Ie maybe serve french toast?!Special Features:
- Good for the areaCAcaVIPDined on 9/7/2014In a sea of expensive restaurants, this is a good mid-price restaurant with something for everyone on the menu. Tables are quite close together, but service is quickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.