31 Dover Street
London, W1S 4NDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aubaine.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073680955
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am to 10.30pm
Saturday: 8am to 10.30pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 9am to 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Garrett O
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A team of dedicated chefs work with only the finest freshest ingredients adapting and changing the menus seasonally. The offering is a selection of simple delicious authentic dishes, freshly prepared daily on site. Aubaine prides itself on its boulangerie and patisseries; a selection of country style fancy breads viennoiseries, patisseries, cakes and desserts can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
- Special Events: Aubaine has created an events pack to make booking your event that much easier. The pack sets out available event space accompanied by a selection of mouth-wateringly delicious menus. To ensure your celebration is as effectively pleasing to organise as the party itself Aubaine will happily provide you with a single point of contact from the moment you book through to the event itself. One word of warning. Book early. Aubaine proves a popular party destination. Please contact Charlene Jinguenaud email: email@example.com / 0207 368 0950.
A word from Aubaine Mayfair
Aubaine Restaurants in the heart of Mayfair. A perfect haven for those looking to relax and refuel after a visit to the designer boutiques of Bond Street. Aubaine's chic, sophisticated ambience provides the ideal environment for those in search of a discreet space to 'talk business' or simply catch up with friends. Aubaine offers a delicious variety of breakfast lunch and dinner options. Renowned for its exquisite offering of freshly prepared and baked patisserie, rustic style breads, viennoiseries, cakes and desserts, in addition, Aubaine's all day menu features an exciting mix of Mediterranean dishes, reflecting the true essence of Aubaine. For those seeking a more exclusive dining experience, a truly impressive private room can be found on the lower ground floor featuring authentic vaulted ceilings, seating up to 30 people or 45 standing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBrunch
Aubaine Mayfair - Best restaurants in Green Park ›
Aubaine Mayfair reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since 2 June 2014
business meals (112)brunch (99)romance (81)pre/post theatre (59)special occasions (54)outstanding value (47)fit for foodies (43)afternoon tea (42)sunday lunch (39)group bookings (36)good vegetarian options (17)outdoor eating (9)child friendly (7)disabled access (4)Show More
- EnjoyableCchurchDined on 23/9/2014Good food, great lighting, French inspired interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinewithmeDined on 18/9/2014Visited for a second time for dinner, and had another great experience. Service good and food spot on. Ambience and decor also lovely. Will likely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aubaine MayfairK311Dined on 15/9/2014Met with a client, nice setting, good food and close to the office, would return!Special Features:
- Decent dinner option in MayfairMangeMaryDined on 12/9/2014We dined here before making our way to Mr. Fogg's and it was a good quiet option for a solid dinner before entering a very different scene a few streets away! Their Summer offer was going on and it's what attracted me to the restaurant online, but when I inquired about it, the server made a meh face and mentioned that the options are plain and small. We were deterred by that immediately and ended up ordering off the main menu. Service was very good (12.5% gratuity is included in the bill) and food was pretty good as well.Special Features:
- breakfastwynkinsDined on 10/9/2014Went for breakfast with two friends and while the choice on tbe menu was good and tbe food delicious, the service let down the whole experience.
- A lovely impromptu dinnerFoodWine24Dined on 5/9/2014I booked this very last minute as I was in the locality. The atmosphere was lovely with a good choice of wines and very quick service for food. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueJanoDined on 2/9/2014Great service. Nice food. Very good value. The desert choices were particularly nice.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 31/8/2014Really looked forward to this breakfast and it was a huge disappointment. Woeful service and cold eggs.
- Lunch at Aubainegig46Dined on 27/8/2014We chose to have the set menu which is served from 2.00 pm. The price was very good and the food delicious. The staff were welcoming, efficient and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerjlllDined on 26/8/2014great service and quality food as usual! will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodvibesDined on 23/8/2014I used the summer offer and there was no mention of a set menu, but unfortunately we were offered a set menu when we arrived. Other than that it was a nice chilled restaurant, the service was fantastic and food was good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit mehhg12Dined on 22/8/2014We ate from the (very limited) special menu which was cheap at £16.50 with a glass of wine but exc veg. But my chicken starter was bland and not very good. Service was very good. Good Nice ambiance but background music too loud.
- Lovely lunchVerityDined on 21/8/2014I chose this restaurant for lunch on Thurs 21 July as I'd not been there before. I've eaten at most of the restaurants in this area. My lunch partner had dined here and was happy to return. We had a lovely lunch. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I was acknowledged by front desk immediately on entering and although we had a nice table in the conservatory at the back we were not forgotten about. Whilst the menu was not overally extensive, which I prefer, there was a good and varied choice and also some specials. Our food was well cooked and nicely presented. The restaurant was very busy and buzzy but the tables are well spaced and you are able to chat easily without having to compete with the other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mid-priced option in MayfairCAcaVIPDined on 13/8/2014Good mid priced option in Mayfair. Good breakfast menu, and service is quick enough
- Beware of the Specials - AuBURNedWorkingLuncherDined on 12/8/2014Although the food is good, my 'Special' was not worth the price. I ordered the special ravioli (pumpkin and scallop). No prices were mentioned. It was nice but for four ravioli and four weeny scallops (whites only), imagine my shock when the bill came and it cost £24.50. My colleague ordered something off the menu which was also good and better value, I just know better next time not to be lured in by the specials. Also, my colleague said she didn't want sparkling water, but got a big bottle of Evian anyway and was too surprised to say anything. Another £4. I think they take a mick a bit.
- Boring and over-pricedKatyDined on 11/8/2014Boring menu, poor service even though the place was empty. Tiny portions if icer priced food. Go to Cote!Special Features:
- Relaxing, high quality serviceKseniaDined on 2/8/2014The food and the service were excellent. Also, the restaurant has a relaxing and trendy atmosphere.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 30/7/2014Nice restuarant, food was good, although portion size was a little on the small size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodLondonAlexDined on 29/7/2014Went with work colleagues for an easy going Tuesday lunch and got exactly what we were aiming for. The restaurant has the tardis effect - being bigger on the inside than wyou would expect. The ambience is very nice. The food was good. The service was very good. No complaints about anything.Special Features:
- A casual lunchbackballDined on 28/7/2014A perfect place for a casual lunch. Disappointed that some items were unavailable on the regular menu but the food that we had was very good.Special Features:
- NiceHector109Dined on 26/7/2014Was very quiet so no atmosphere but am sure there would be if it was busier. It is a very pretty restaurant, very nicely done. Service was good but incredibly slow, despite being so empty. We had been warned of this by numerous people and it was so true, we had previously had coffee/drinks here and that was also very slow. The food was delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilltrynethingDined on 22/7/2014A compelling ambience, especially so at a table by the window Very effective and able but by no means intrusive service Cracking menu. Even the crudites to share starter were that bit specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Oasis in Dover StreetClarkenhauserDined on 16/7/2014The Aubaine Mayfair is a perfect for sanctuary for lunch or early supper. The atmosphere is stylish but calm and the service is attentive. The food is excellent and well balanced for all tastes. Take your partner or business colleagues; you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- DulwichfoodieDined on 15/7/2014We had a burger but it ended up being a piece of steak which was very different and it was tough too. Not a great meal but I do like the restaurant in general.Special Features:
- Discriminating EaterFredDined on 12/7/2014Overall a good experience for our sons birthday brunch - our Eggs Royale and Eggs Florentine were just perfect, and the waiter brought us whole meal fresh bread on the house. The outside seats were comfortable for this quietish road in Mayfair.Special Features:
- Good, not greatLikes2eatDined on 10/7/2014Second time have been to Aubaine with a client....Second time it seems to take an age to get served or have an attentive waiter. In fairness they looked rushed off their feet but that unfortunately creates a distinctly average service. Had to ask 3 times for an orange juice and it must of been about 5-10mins between each time! The food is good, not much better. The fry up doesn’t specify the sausage in there, I think its a Toulouse sausage...would prefer a different option as its not what id classify a 'fry up' sausage and dislike the taste. Dissapointed with menu choices for what should be a 'classic' french restuarant. Ie maybe serve french toast?!Special Features:
- Good for the areaCAcaVIPDined on 9/7/2014In a sea of expensive restaurants, this is a good mid-price restaurant with something for everyone on the menu. Tables are quite close together, but service is quickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and serviceReachVGDined on 8/7/2014We went for breakfast and the quality of food and service did not disappoint. Great location tooSpecial Features:
- foodyjenDined on 5/7/2014Came for the £16.50 deal,2 courses and a glass of house wine.Lovely starter of goats cheese and beetroot,my husband had the duck.We both had spring vegetable spaghetti as main which was very good. We were eating early as we were going to the theatre so didn't want a massive meal so this was perfect and great value.May have been a bit light if you were very hungry.Great service and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Good business lunchELoiseDined on 25/6/2014Nice fresh food, turn around time reasonable during working lunches.Special Features:
- Great place for breakfast meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/6/2014Great place for a breakfast meeting, busy but not hectic and great service. Definitely keen to try Aubaine out in the evening.Special Features:
- paying above the oddsunimpressedDined on 21/6/2014The service in Aubain Mayfair is very attentve without being overbearing. Other than that there isn't much going for this place. I found the food fair to average. The beef fillet burger would have been easily bested by the offerings of Byron or Five Guys, and the lobster spaghetti, which my girlfriend ordered, materialised far too quickly to be considered fresh and did not live up to its price tag. I generally found the drinks overpriced, with a gin and tonic weighing it at just over a tenner and a 330ml botte of (quite average) cider listed at £6. So much more could be done here, just being situated in a trendy part of town isn't enough anymore - the food has to measure up as well.
- Sunday BrunchmoonlitfoodieVIPDined on 15/6/2014I went to Aubaine Mayfair for Sunday Brunch, when we went it was very quiet, but the restaurant is well decorated and the atmosphere was friendly. The service was very good and everyone was attentive. Unfortunately, I did not try anything exciting, but had the omelette with smoked salmon. Nothing special but what can one expect. Overall, somewhere I would go back if I was not feeling inspired and just wanted somewhere to go when I have ran out of ideas.Special Features:
- beautiful settingElucyNDined on 15/6/2014we went for the £12.50 brunch menu. It was delicious (not massive in portion) but totally yummy in every way. The restaurant is beautiful.Special Features:
- lovely food and excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/6/2014waiter was charming and helpful. We had the " Late Lunch" offer. Food was well presented and tasted great. Portions not large but good value , especially considering we were dining in Mayfair.
- Superb BrunchAW14Dined on 14/6/2014Superb Brunch, excellent service, lovely atmosphere, perfect pre-theatre mealSpecial Features:
- Good mid-priced restaurantCAcaVIPDined on 9/6/2014A good mid-priced restaurant in a sea of Michelin stars. No surprises on the menu, but good value and friendly service.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJoRiVIPDined on 4/6/2014We ordered drinks....cranberry juice with a slice of fresh lime (2 ingredients...we got 1) My guest and I both ordered Goat's cheese salad but received goats cheese tarts which had to go back. Our salads eventually arrived with microscopic amounts of goat's cheese on top of the smallest slithers of toast. Considering the only other ingredients were lettuce, red onion and grapes, my guest and I were both still starving at the end of the meal. The service was disorganised and chaotic and no-one seemed to know what table they were serving. We kept getting asked the same questions by different waiters. To charge those prices...the service needs to be so much better. Very disappointed and embarrassed as I took a client there for lunch.Special Features:
- great scrambled eggskatelondonVIPDined on 30/5/2014with lovely authentic french bread and also french breakfast tea...all good... service was a little slow and we had to ask for the bill three times.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 24/5/2014There was a hair in my cheesecake. The waitress was not apologetic but almost angry. Really bad attitude. Food was pretty poor as well.