Birmingham, B1 1HHNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.crowneplazabirmingham.com/
- Phone: 0121 224 5084
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 9:45pm
Sunday: 6:30pm - 9:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from B1 Restaurant
Smart business travellers and chic Brummies love this stylish restaurant, tucked away inside the Crowne Plaza hotel in Birmingham's Central Square. Recently refurbished, the jazzy interior at B1 – complete with shimmery pearl-coloured velvet seats, red lanterns and chocolate brown curved wooden booths – is a hushed, luxury spot for business dining and dates. Located on the ground floor, B1 has superb city views, and the hotel – which is perfect for corporate events and private parties - also has a great cocktail bar perfect for pre-dinner drinks. The British menu is filled with old favourites, and we love the herb-crusted lamb rump with spicy couscous; the pan-seared scallops with flash fried Oriental vegetables; and the delicious banoffee pie served with banana bread.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
B1 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dinner Friday night with friends.ViggoDined on 29/11/2013Dinner Friday night with friends. Nothing special as restaurant was nearly empty and food very average. One dish was returned as unaceptable, and credit due, it was not charged for. Overall not good value and no special ambience.. Would not eat there again.
- A Good Night Outdriver21Dined on 26/4/2013Had booked the the £40 special offer it was good value for the money and their was a good selection of dishes to choose from the service was friendly and helpful. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtrociousRobertSDined on 22/3/2013Horrible experience which resulted in us ordering room service 1 mis en place was not complete and cutlery items were missing 2 tables were dirty and there were food rests on both tables and benches 3 when the cutlery arrived they were not polished and were covered in marks 4 glasses also were not polished and had a musty smell over them 5 the all over appearance of the area where we were seated was dirty restaurant where in the end we did not eat.
- DisappointingFoodie123Dined on 1/12/2012It was disappointing on arrival that the restaurant didn't have our booking - we did however manage to get a table without too much fuss. It was also disappointing as we were expecting to order from the a la carte menu but we were presented with a set menu - when we asked about an a la carte option the waitress went to enquire as she didn't know- she came back and said that it wasn't available but wasn't sure why. At the end of our meal we paid the bill and started to walk towards the bar for an after dinner drink when a lady from the restaurant chased us to get us to pay for a bill which we had already paid! - rather embarassing
- B1 Birmingham A very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 20/4/2012B1 Birmingham A very enjoyable meal -excellent value too!
- offer not great as only twocomedinewithmeDined on 18/2/2012offer not great as only two mains to choose from unless you want to pay a supplement. service good. food mediocre, not really the standard i was expecting
- We went to B1 in BirminghamOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2012We went to B1 in Birmingham for a Valentines meal. When we got there our reservation hadn't been booked, however they were kind enough to find us a table. When we got to the table we were given a different menu to the offer on the website. Again the staff were very helpful and honoured us the deal. The food and the staff were very good but the service itself was very slow considering there were only 20 tables with diners. The restaurant itself was nicely decorated but lacked atmosphere.
- Nice place, descent food andMeMeDined on 20/1/2012Nice place, descent food and the staff were very very attentive. It was a Friday night so as it was connected to the hotel it was very quiet. I prefer busier places so with more other people this would have been better but that isn't their fault. Overall, good place to eat.
- We visited B1 on New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 31/12/2011We visited B1 on New Years Eve and found it to be very pleasant surroundings. The set menu (3 courses
- great xmas meal, was a littlepupsterDined on 17/12/2011great xmas meal, was a little quiet at 7pm but got busy when we left, Couldn't fault food. Will dine there again
- Ordered food and an hour laterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011Ordered food and an hour later got told they'd run out of creamed potatoes and what would we like instead! There were only 3 other tables eating food yet an hour on they hadn't even started ours. Really bad service
- b1 birmingham. need to makeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2011b1 birmingham. need to make location clearer. difficult to find. could easily have given up. its actually inside the crown plaza hotel. the actual meal was fine with good customer service. were given twenty per cent off and complimentary wine! need to get some decent rose.
- Had an enjoyable evening atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2011Had an enjoyable evening at B1 with a relaxed atmosphere and tasty food
- Went to B1 for Pre-TheatrelovefoodDined on 21/7/2011Went to B1 for Pre-Theatre meal great value at £13.95 for 2 courses. Went in a group of 8 we were only ones in restaurant which was fine service was superb. Menu had options to upgrade for £3-4 Had the Steak fillet which was absolutely fantastic. We all agreed we would go again.
- B1 is tucked away in the CrowneMarkRDined on 16/7/2011B1 is tucked away in the Crowne Plaza hotel. very modern looking with a relaxed feel to the bar area. We were there for an excellent value pre-theatre meal so it was early and the restaurant was very quiet. Food selection was good and service good also. Meals were very high standard
- despite the restaurant wasGastronomeVIPDined on 9/7/2011despite the restaurant was very busy the service was impeccable. very efficient, attentive and friendly. scallop starter was slightly over cooked but tasted great. mains were cooked to perfection. will definitely return to B1 for more good food and service.
- Started off with drinks atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 29/5/2011Started off with drinks at the bar then as we the time the table was booked for approached we were taken to our table which was located in one of the circular 'booths. Ideal for the two of us particularly as at this time of evening we were the only people dining in the restaurant area. Our starters were just right as were our main course. My steak being cooked just right. Our only slightly negative was we felt the price of our drinks was slightly more than we had expected
- I had pretty high hopes forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 28/5/2011I had pretty high hopes for B1 but was pretty spectacularly let down by the full experience. Over priced and very very little on the plate, that coupled with the fact that my other half didn't get the right starter ordered and I got my steak minus the bernaise sauce. The food was minimal, infact 6 yes SIX chips is all I got with my steak. I had the camembert to start with which was lovely everything else overpriced £4.40 a pint more expensive than when I am at home in London!!!!
- Our 3rd time at B1 for theIG27Dined on 20/5/2011Our 3rd time at B1 for the pre-theatre 2 course menu. We have always found the food here to be well cooked and this was no exception. Service was friendly and the waitress remembered us even though we had only been twice in 6 months before today. Not only do you get good value and service but the Toptable offer is early enough to enjoy a quiet atmosphere and get a seat in one of the booths.
- B1 Restaurant, Birmingham. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 13/5/2011B1 Restaurant, Birmingham. We went for the pre-theatre offer & it was excellent value for money. The service was excellent and the food was of a very good standard. It is near to the Alexandra Theatre where we were going, so we were also pleased with the location. The only aside I would make is that it is in the Crowne Plaza hotel, which wasn't obvious until we got there - so were struggled to find it, but once in everything was thoroughly enjoyable.
- Good food, but slow serviceMissmDined on 16/4/2011Good food, but slow service and som of the food came out cold.
- Dined at B1 Birmingham onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2011Dined at B1 Birmingham on the 11th April. We took advantage of the pre-theatre offer £13.95 for 2 courses. I must say it was excellent...beautiful, fall of the bone, lamb shank followed by chocolate torte with a raspberry sorbet. Great food and attentive, but not overpowering service. Would definitely like to go back and try the full menu.
- We went to B1 in Birmingham,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2011We went to B1 in Birmingham, the food was very nice but restaurant quite quiet but it was a Sunday evening. Great value for money, would recommend!
- B1, Central Square, Birmingham,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011B1, Central Square, Birmingham, B1 1HH (Crown Plaza Hotel) Offer bookedPre-theatre: 2 courses £13.95 Excellent meal, staff very friendly, excellnt value booked through toptable.
- Pre theatre offer, 3 coursesJebbieDined on 8/4/2011Pre theatre offer, 3 courses for £18. Excellent value. A perfect poached egg . Delicate fish. Crunchy veg. Good menu selection. Bright cheery staff. Well worth it.
- We booked for the pre-theatreJubileeGirlDined on 2/4/2011We booked for the pre-theatre menu at B1 in Birmingham which was good value. We did not realise at the time of booking that the restaurant was within the Crowne Plaza hotel so it took a while to find the place! The service was friendly, if a little slow, and the food was delicious and well presented. The red pepper pannacotta was an unusual and taster starter. We ordered the lamb chump for a main course but instead got a lamb shank which was a nice surprise, really delicious.
- We visited B1 as a pre theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 19/3/2011We visited B1 as a pre theatre dinner, we had three courses for £17.95 each. We were the only ones in the resturant and we were shown to a nice booth, my husband and I both had Chicken liver pate followed by Lamb shank. The lamb fell off the bone and was served on a very creamy bed of mash. We ordered a bottle of wine to accompany our meal, and even though it was nice, it was almost the same price as both meals put together. I had a chocolate torte for desert which finished off my meal nicely.
- Back again for a new dealIG27Dined on 25/2/2011Back again for a new deal at B1. Pre-theatre 2 courses this time. Excellently cooked food and the price leaves enough for a decent wine. Service was attentive, as you'd expect from going early enough to avoid the main crowd. This place is a gem for people who work in town and want a quiet bite to eat afterwards.
- 1st using top table, certainOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/20101st using top table, certain discrepancies using free meal offers. Spoke cust serv initially, restaurants vary in offers, limitations, no updated information. ie 2 years out of date! B1 Crowne Plaza, good choice intially, did not live up to expectations. Booking, service throughout evening good. Set menu offered but not published on web site , no A La Carte menu! Choices wide & varied, looked very promising. Real issue ALL food served luke warm, very quiet, no excuses poss! Drinks V expensive!!
- An excellent tasty meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 23/10/2010An excellent tasty meal at B1 in Crown Plaza in Birmingham. Lovely, friendly staff!
- Have dine at B1 several times.GastronomeVIPDined on 22/10/2010Have dine at B1 several times. Similar to previous occasions, the restaurant was quiet so provided good ambience and service. Went for the 3 course menu, noticed they have changed the starter and desserts however mains have not changed. soup starter very creamy, pork faggot beautifully presented and tasted nice. mains seabass, a tad bit overcooked, steak cooked nicely and lamb shack was nicely cooked. desserts were the high light. coconut panocotte and cheesecake were exquiste,
- Excellent value on the 2 forIG27Dined on 8/10/2010Excellent value on the 2 for 1 deal (set menu). We had the Thai fish cake and Chicken pate starters then the pasta and tuna steak mains. Well prepared and presented dishes with a reasonably priced wine list on top. If you book early enough in the evening you should get a discreet table in one of the booths. Would definitely go back at this price.
- After such a warm welcomeMunch4funDined on 26/9/2010After such a warm welcome from the regular waiting staff at the B1 it is difficult to be churlish about the food but I have to be honest. We decided to go for the set menu 241 TT deal (again). We were tempted to go alla carte as the choice offered on the set was unusually run-of-the-mill (prawn cocktail, veg soup, grilled chicken, cheesecake et.al) but we stuck with it. For me it was not really good - ok just. My partner enjoyed his steak. We will go again; everyone one's allowed an off-day.
- We went to B1 at the crownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2010We went to B1 at the crown plaza for a pre theatre meal. we told the waiter this and he ensured that our food was served quickly. The food all looked and tasted very good, and we would recomend it. On the down side drinks were expensive, but I guess that's everywhere now.
- A group of four of us recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/8/2010A group of four of us recently ate at B1 in Crowne Plaza, Birmingham. Good attentive staff and the food was very good value with the current offer on. we had Caesar salad, soup, followed by lamb rump, guinea fowl, salmon and steak with apple tart for dessert and cheesecake. The only problem was the ambience - the lights kept being dimmed down and then turned up, there was a birthday party going on which made it rather noisy in the restaurant but overall a nice meal with friendly service.
- B1 Crowne Plaza Hotel, Birmingham THighlifeDined on 9/8/2010B1 Crowne Plaza Hotel, Birmingham Two for one deal represents good value for money but having to take 3 courses to achieve this was less than ideal. Atmosphere wasn't great and over bright lighting didn't help. Nothing special.
- Took advantage of the 2for1love2lunchDined on 8/8/2010Took advantage of the 2for1 offer at B1 in Birmingham - had a good meal, and the staff were very attentive. On the downside,the venue was quite empty, so bit lacking atmosphere
- meals 2 4 1 ok. small helpings.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2010meals 2 4 1 ok. small helpings. no enough people in very dim!!!!!!!!!!!
- Food is from a set menu, ChoseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 30/7/2010Food is from a set menu, Chose is very limited and portions are small, however the food was of very high quality, and service is second to none, Thank you Tweety
- Great food and service. Theefc1Dined on 30/7/2010Great food and service. The lighting needs to be toned down and the music is too much like a dance club! Some nice private booths, all in all a great deal from Top Table! Thanks guys!