11 Merrion Row
Dublin, Dublin 2Neighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: €51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bangrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 35314004229x00
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues: 5:30pm to 10:00pm Wed - Sat: 12:30pm to 2:30pm. 5:30pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Wine
A word from Bang Restaurant
It seems as though Dublin is very much the place to be if you’re opening a restaurant, clearly the owners of Bang think so. Amongst the most exciting dining establishments in town, Bang is a wonderful fusion of casual and gourmet, the food speaking for itself in gloriously simple surroundings. The philosophy owners Joe Barrett and Phil Yeung approach Bang with is impossible to argue with: high quality food at fair prices in relaxed and informal surroundings. It’s a philosophy they live up to every day. Recommended by experts such as Frommers and the Michelin Guide, this restaurant’s reputation precedes it - expect simplicity in your surroundings, the dining room offering an unpretentiously buzzy, bistro feel, the dining room littered with vibrant modern art from Irish artists, and excellence in the service. Head Chef Yeung strives to deliver a uniquely interesting and creative menu, working closely with the best local suppliers to source quality ingredients and inspire new ideas. MenContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bang Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since 3 June 2014
special occasions (5)business meals (5)romance (4)fit for foodies (2)outstanding value (1)group bookings (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- What a terribel experienceTathameasyDined on 18/3/2014The smell from the stairwell to the toilets was just disgusting! The service curt the food small and the price way too much. I have been going to Bang over the years since it opened and if they do not take a look at their service, clenlienss standard and the fact that while we were finishing our meal the Kitchen porters were dragging dirty linen across the restaurant floor just such a disappointment the entire eventing!
- Great food/meh everything elseireDaveDined on 1/3/2014I used toptable to book the restaurant on Saturday morning for Saturday night...not sure if that had any bearing on where we were seated. We arrived at 8.15 and got the worst seat in the house. Every time the front door was opened we got a nice frosty breeze. The waiter who served us wasn't great either, it felt like it was his first day. Without a doubt we'll try it again as the food was class!.Special Features:
- Great meal, but overpriced drinksednesogDined on 22/2/20144 of us had a very nice dinner on Saturday night at Bang restaurant. Good produce and nicely cooked, but quite poor value for money on the drinks' menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food disappointing servicePandyaDined on 14/2/2014Would I recommend this restaurant, not sure. I booked this restaurant for valentines day. I was informed previously that this was a 6 course taster menu so we also ordered the paired wine. The food was very nice, however they missed out a course. The waitress said that it was only 5 courses due to the time we were seated...7pm! That was rubbish as surely we would have been told that before we started. The supervisor offered the paired wine we missed out on and an extra drink (the paired wine unfortunately was one we already had, by this time I had given up the will to bring this to their attention), the bill was reduced also accordingly. Business lunch yes, romantic meal no...by the way it was my birthday also. Great Food Poor Service.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends.OliverDined on 18/1/2014Friends reunion with 10 people, all enjoyed the great food and ambience at Bang.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencejohnnykDined on 11/1/2014Booked this restaurant after a recommendation from some friends. We chose the tasting menu and wines. The 6 course tasting menu was really reasonably priced and the wine tasting menu was superb (although the resultant hangover was horrendous!). My wife has some minor food intolerance and preferences which were deftly and subtly dealt with by our waiter. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming. Our waiter also kindly gave us a cheeky top up of our favorite wine which, whilst non necessary was noted and was very welcome.The complimentary Baileys and Chocolate was very welcome indeed at the time though I suspect this is what tipped us over the edge. We certainly would be heading back there again next time we were in Dublin.Special Features:
- New YearDaneDined on 31/12/2013We spend New Year's Eve at Bang and the 6 course menu was just fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware the cranny!JOGGERSDined on 30/11/2013First the positive - service was very friendly, attentive and apologetic when the wrong bottle of wine was presented. Service charge is not added to the bill - another positive. The food was about average but not worth the price charged. The wine list is uninspiring. The big problem was the ambience - probably the worst table I have ever experienced. Table 16 (number waiter wrote on wine bottle) is at the end of a tiny off-shoot, facing a semi-opaque window into what seemed to be a cleaner's storeroom and a cheap lamp. The tables were cramped; conversation at the next table was overpowering, as was the music outlet overhead. Were we assigned this table randomly or does it reflect the restaurant's attitude to a Toptable reservation?
- Thanksgiving in Dublin!AlexInLADined on 28/11/2013My husband I were celebrating our honeymoon and Thanksgiving in Dublin. It was our first time to Dublin and we had no idea where to eat! Having done some research we came across BANG! They totally lived up to the expectation - great food, a nice romantic atmosphere with great service. The staff was very knowledgeable and the food was delicious. We'd go back there any day. The wine list and cocktails were well crafted and the staff was very helpful in providing suggestions or elaborating on a dish.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Bang Restaurant reviews archive.
- Valentine's DayHowardDined on 14/2/2013We had a great Valentine's Day 5 course surprise tasting menu. Everything was perfect--food, ambiance and service. We will come back when in Dublin.Special Features:
- Excellent service, outstandingstuartDined on 24/1/2013Excellent service, outstanding food and a great atmosphere. Not too pricey considering the standard set.Special Features:
- An Unusual NightidefixDined on 4/10/2012Bang was recommended to me by a colleague who had dined there a couple of years ago. It is on two levels; we were seated in the lower level. The food was very good - in a different environment I could give the restaurant a better review. The service was casual, but what we did not know when we arrived was that they had agreed to host a private party of about 30 people in the lower level where we were seated and the private party started in the middle of our meal. The place doesn't have the greatest ambiance to begin with but when you end up trying to eat your meal in the middle of a cocktail party it is hard to focus on the fact that your fish has been very well cooked and presented.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food. well-chosengipper007Dined on 31/8/2012very good food. well-chosen wines. excellent service-we had 3 friends join us the very last moment and Bang accomodated them nicely.Special Features:
- only the bestlmkeeganDined on 24/8/2012Our expereinces at Bang have been perfect.....perfect food, impeccable staff, delightful ambience. I recommend Bang to anyone looking for an oasis of civility and a delight for the culinary senses. The staff are wonderful....that perfect combination of attentive without intrusion. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.