87 Lavender Hill
London, SW11 5QLNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bangkokboulevard.com/
- Phone: 02072280086
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6pm - 10pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 5pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout
A word from Bangkok Boulevard
This sexy little Thai restaurant in Lavender Hill is a hit with a local Clapham crowd. Filled with smoky red and black walls, oversized Buddha-themed canvases, leather banquettes and floorboards as well as spicy exotic aromas, Bangkok Boulevard is a handy hideaway for dates and business dining. The cooking here is fresh, healthy and authentic, and the drinks menu includes everything from cocktails and wine to bubbles and beer. The chefs at Bangkok Boulevard import their ingredients directly from Thailand, and highlights from the menu include the tom yam koong soup with king prawns; the weeping tiger sirloin steak flamed with rice wine in a spicy lime and chilli sauce; and the kaeng daeng red duck curry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bangkok Boulevard reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since 24 October 2013
outstanding value (19)romance (16)fit for foodies (15)special occasions (13)outdoor eating (10)group bookings (10)good vegetarian options (9)sunday lunch (7)pre/post theatre (4)brunch (4)business meals (3)child friendly (2)disabled access (2)Show More
- Never againStefDined on 18/10/2014I was a bit disappointed yes we had a deal but we did not expected to come out hungry. We had green thai chicken and only two pieces of meat was there in a small bowl full of veg, the other diner had prawns and again two were served, if you are hungry don't bother to go there on a deal maybe you have to pay the full price don't know. I guess really good for dates as it is quite dark I could hardly read the menu.Special Features:
- A meal appreciated!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014Good range of options and the portions were generous. We enjoyed our food and the waitress was extremely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous....CharVIPDined on 30/6/2014.....food as always, love this restaurant, never fails to deliver. Service was a little slow for a Monday night considering there were only two other diners in the restaurant. Good house wines, reasonable prices and 25% off a la carte menu if you mention it before ordering.Special Features:
- Pleasant enough for early dinnerMikeDined on 17/4/2014We went to Bangkok Boulevard before a concert at the nearby Clapham Grand, so didn't expect too much of a crowd at 6pm, but were surprised that as we left shortly after 7pm, there was still only one other couple there. This meant a rather flat atmosphere, though good service. Food was reasonable, though unexceptional - standard Thai fare. Decent value with 25% off.Special Features:
- finefoodie101Dined on 5/4/2014We went in the evening on a Saturday and it was fine but with so many restaurants available in London unfortunately fine is not good enough to generate repeat business. The food was good but the place was practically empty, a little strange for a Saturday night in London. Our waitress was nice and doing fine but her supervisor kept coming over an interrupting her and checking she'd said things right which was slightly patronising and made us a bit awkward. The top table offer made this good value but unfortunately it didn't quite cut it for us an we sadly will not be returning.Special Features:
- Was goodAltheaDined on 30/3/2014Food was really nice, prices were reasonable. Went and a group of 11.. They were very accommodating and everyone enjoyed their food. Would go again. Only thing I would say is the cocktails were a little dear, but I guess they always are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was lovely, staff attentive.NoniDined on 29/3/2014Food was lovely, staff attentive. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bankok BoulevardStef2nomDined on 22/3/2014We visiting BB on Saturday night using the top table 25% off food offer. The meal was very nice and good value with the discount. Portions were a good size and everything was presented well. The only downside was the service which was quite annoying as we had to ask for our bill 3 times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHappydinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We have been several times to this restaurant since we first discovered it last year. The service is always friendly and the food consistently good. We will continue to go back as long as it exists. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Nice Evening MealdndnDined on 6/3/2014Good tasting food and nice ambiance. Especially like the Bangkok Dangerous cocktail which is reasonably priced and very tasty! Did find that portions are a little on the small side but I do have a big appetite.
- Atmosphere nice - food very averageDonatelloDined on 1/3/2014Food was not great at all, all seemed to be warmed pre packaged food. This surprised me given the previous comments I had read about the restaurant. Atmosphere was nice and service polite but courses rushed. Also gave the wrong wine. Probably won't go back.
- My husband & I went to theYummyDined on 15/2/2014My husband & I went to the restaurant for dinner on Saturday evening, at first the service was slow, but that is because there was a large, demading table in the restaurant, thankfully they ate up and left soon after we arrived. The waitresses were lovely, our table was ready and they knew without us saying a word that we had booked a special deal and they told us from the offset what we needed to do. The food came in a timely fashion and was divine, we had spring rolls, crsipy duck and spare ribs to start, all delicious. For mains we had the pork red curry and chicken pad-thai, gorgeous, the pad-that is he best we've had. I am taking my sister there for dinner this week and would definitely recommend this little gem.Special Features:
- Will come back againFOODIEDined on 28/1/2014Went to the Bangkok boulevard with some friends last week and had an excellent meal! The food is brilliant and very authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceClaphamDinerVIPDined on 20/1/2014Spent a late Monday evening at Bangkok Boulevard and was extremely impressed. The food was very good and the heat from the spice was spot on. Our server was very attentive and friendly. A very nice quiet place to have a great meal at a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurantDinnerDined on 17/1/2014We visited BB for the first time and we were impressed by the food. The atmosphere is nice and calm, but a typical setup for a Thai restaurant. It's nice relaxing environment to enjoy a romantic dinner with your loved one, or aquiet night with friendsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time here and weMaverickDined on 6/1/2014Our first time here and we will go again. It was a wet cold Monday night but even so we felt there was not much of a buzz or ambience but the food was excellent. We deliberately chose dishes to try the range and all were of a high quality. We were offered a Toptable discount which represented even better value. When my wife complained about her wine, the manager very obligingly replaced it so we were made to feel as if he cared. For a local restaurant it is good value and an opportunity for something a little different and we were able to park nearby too ~ an added bonus as we had driven out of our normal range to go there and glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value ThaiThaiFoodLoversDined on 4/1/2014Excellent value Thai, and the food was mostly delicious (one of the starters was a little plain). Mixed starter plate for two, panang curry, massaman curry & rice for just over £30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionSPmeetingDined on 23/12/2013Intimate scene, good service, patient staff, good food, great menu and drinks options. A good hideaway and worth the effort to trek to in the storm! Recommended.Special Features:
- Best Thai I have ever hadPhilDined on 18/12/2013I travelled Thailand for 3 months and the food here blew my travel food off the parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Thai foodLdn3Dined on 14/12/2013Had the 25% off deal, great value. Prompt and efficient service. Had chicken satay and beef massaman curry. Then an ice cream dessert. All delicious and great portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAG475VIPDined on 13/12/2013Starters were nice but mains (beef salad and pad Thai) were really bland - not zesty and flavourful as they should have been. Service was well-meaning but not terribly good. There were quite a few motorbike couriers going in and out so I guess they do a lot of deliveries. As takeout food it would be OK, as restaurant...not so much.
- Thai delight in ClaphamjgreenhDined on 7/12/2013This is a great little place, good location to Clapham Junction railway station. Only a 10 / 15 mins walk, or there are buses running along the route. I went there with a couple of friends for a pre-Xmas catch up. The restaurant was full, however as its reasonably small, it didn't feel chaotic, or overly noisy. There was a nice buzz, and ambience. Service was excellent, and swift. The food was excellent, and delicious. My only criticism was a friend of mine was on a gluten free diet, and there were limited options for her, which I was surprised by. Most restaurants are catering for gluten free requirements these days. I would definitely recommend this place to others, and would return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- give it a trydndnDined on 5/12/2013Nice little restaurant if you fancy something not too pricy and not a boring chain. Lovely staff and good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Offer" is a con and food not greatAdz99Dined on 3/12/2013Staff are lovely. Food is not great, there are better Thai places around. Massamam curry had no distinctive flavour. Chicken skewers had hot chicken and cold skewers so they were not cooked on the skewer. The 25% off the a la carte is a con as well as it is only valid on starters and mains, not rice, not prawn crackers, and they add on the mandatory service charge on top of the non-discounted price so basically it works out as you are paying the normal menu price, no better off.
- Fantastic!!!!GrantVIPDined on 23/11/2013i found this resaurant through toptable nand the reviews were spot on. The waitress was very helpful and kept our wine glasses full and the food was very nice i would reccommend this place. Nice atmosphere very reasonably priced. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantGIRLSDined on 16/11/2013This is my favourote restaurant in London - so good and totally authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a great meal atEdenDined on 15/11/2013Once again a great meal at Bangkok Boulevard. I must have been here over ten times in the past year or so and each time the food is faultless. I would highly recommend the pork satay or prawn/pork dumplings to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good valueJamesDined on 15/11/2013A friend and I ate here on 15/11/2013, it was the first time either of us had been here. I booked the table online and it was all very simple. The restaurant is quite small but it has nice atmosphere. The tables are a little close together so some people may have problems. The best thing about this place was the food, it was outstanding. We had a shared starter followed by pad thai for my friend and chicken panang (I think this is the right spelling) with sticky rice for myself. Both meals were of a decent size and tasted fantastic. Through booking online we got 25% off the bill excluding sides and rice which meant a meal for 2 with drinks was only £40. I'll definitely be going back again.Special Features:
- ShabbyNewmaiDined on 9/11/2013Avoid. Dated decor, flavourless food, indifferent staff.
- Food quality was very poor,SevcanDined on 7/11/2013Food quality was very poor, and service was late. We would never go back
- great family run restaurantnattay08Dined on 1/11/2013The food was very good. Service impeccable. Great value for money. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 390 reviews are from the Bangkok Boulevard reviews archive.
- Great food again, would definatelyFOODIEDined on 17/10/2013Great food again, would definately go back. The service was slow this time. Brilliant traditional Thai food and a good place to dine with friends!Special Features:
- Pretty GoodJonny193eDined on 11/10/2013Was very quiet but service was good and the food was fantastic. Prices were good with the deal. A little bit out of the way, but would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodsnoopyVIPDined on 10/10/2013Good food good atmosphere. Cant complain. Will go back.Special Features:
- Yummy Thai Localpp2013Dined on 9/10/2013I have just discovered Bangkok Boulevard and have now been 4 times in as many weeks. The food is excellent - the best Thai food I have eaten in London. Service is quick and efficient, the atmosphere relaxed and prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set menu selectionduckalaorangeDined on 3/10/2013So the Bangkok Boulevard totally delivered as a great thai restaurant. Not a huge place but in a good location on Lavender Hill. It was warm enough to sit outside on the decking area where a friend and I ordered from the varied set menu selection. Food was well presented and tasted great! Service was with a smile and pleasant conversation. Would recommend for catching up with friend or a mid-week meal in a casual dining environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsFOODIEDined on 2/10/2013Really good food, great value, spicier than expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!Food4thoughtDined on 22/8/2013I have visited this restaurant once before and had a lovely experience. Unfortunately the experience was different this time round. The food was mediocre and the service was poor. We had to wait an unusually long time for our meal which was most annoying especially as there was hardly anyone else in the restaurant at the time. Not sure if the management have changed hands or if it was just an off day but I doubt if I will be back to find out.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantNikiDined on 22/8/2013The food at this restaurant was excellent, my family and I enjoyed it very much. The food was well presented and we didn't have to wait too long for the food to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfyingLovefoodDined on 18/8/2013It was a very last minute booking late on a Sunday as we were walking past, the restaurant was very quiet (as were most places) and we sat outside which was nice. The food was really lovely traditional thai food and the service was good. I have been there on a much busier Saturday evening before as a group and also really enjoyed it and ordered from the slightly more expensive end of the menu. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.