4 Brindley Place
Birmingham, B1 2JBNeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.individualrestaurants.com/bank/birmingham/
- Phone: 0121 633 4466
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 12:00Noon - 11:00PM Saturday 11:30AM - 11:30PM Sunday 11:30AM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Asian, Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Spacious, stylish and with views of the open plan kitchen and bar, the glass-fronted Private Dining Rooms allow guests to enjoy an intimate occasion yet still feel very much part of the restaurant and its ambience. Perfect for a variety of business occasions or a private event, the two rooms can accommodate up to 50 guests in each with the option to be opened into one room able to seat 100. Alternatively, the rooms can be used for a standing reception for up to 150 guests.
A word from Bank Birmingham
Situated within the cosmopolitan surroundings of Brindleyplace, Bank Birmingham is chic and sophisticated with the character of a lively continental brasserie. From the moment you walk through the revolving doors you are absorbed by the bustling atmosphere, vibrant setting and enticing aromas. The dining area is spacious yet intimate with a relaxed, informal atmosphere. Elegant wine racks adorn the back wall, interspersed with views of the chefs in action in the open kitchen, whilst the front overlooks the beautiful 19th century canals. The alfresco terrace areas are calm, relaxing and boast superb views, making them the perfect settings for whiling away the hazy summer days with a delicious meal or cooling cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bank Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since 26 November 2013
business meals (14)outdoor eating (12)special occasions (11)group bookings (9)fit for foodies (8)pre/post theatre (7)romance (5)disabled access (3)brunch (3)sunday lunch (3)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (1)Show More
- RelaxedBumbleDined on 15/11/2014My partner and I went for lunch on Saturday with two friends. The service was relaxed and friendly and the food was very tasty. My friend and I tried the Scallop special which was tasty although a little cold (always a risk with scallops). My partner had the haddock risotto which he thoroughly enjoyed and the last of our party had the chicken caesar salad which was very generous on all accounts. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/10/2014Lovely food, friendly courteous staff, nice atmosphere. Brilliant under cover heated outside seating areaSpecial Features:
- Fails to live upto its namebrumfoodieDined on 10/10/2014I have heard past stories of bank being a place to eat within Birmingham, however one was most disappointed with the overall offering. I gave the food a 4 star rating as this was very good however the fillet steak came on a plate with no side salads or any other offering which is rather strange. In terms of the service staff were very rushed and seemed to not really pay us any attention apart from the obligation to ask if everything was ok with the meal.. There was no personal manor from the waiter and we were chasing him for drinks etc rather than being asked. In regards to the venue itself it was a little sad as it comes across as a dated strip club inside with a overly modern dated interior.
- MattVIPDined on 7/10/2014Stunning little find. Would Recommend that you try the cote De boef and Lobster as both were amazing. The only complaint was the cardinal sin of serving warm Limoncello - Yuk
- Still got itfatfred2Dined on 30/8/2014We are pretty regularly in and around the Bank sometimes just for drinks as cocktailstake some beating, this visit involved the usual food and drinks and we were glad that the buzz was style around the place and that the food stood up to its usual high standard even if a lot of basic dishes. Slight issue seems that not enough bar staff at times.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceCb01VIPDined on 2/8/2014We were told out table wasn't ready (we were 15 mins early) despite there been loads of tables unoccupied both inside and out - so were made to order drinks at bar to "wait", once finally seated it took them 10 minutes to bring a menu, bread was forgotten and we had to ask on 2 occasions for out drinks, took 25 mins longer for out order to actually be taken. Good was good, staff horrendousSpecial Features:
- Great for food and drinks!LuluDined on 12/7/2014I booked this table for my boyfriend and I, we were in Birmingham for the weeked to do some shopping. I was really impressed as we arrived, the restaurant looked really smart and ambiance was great. The menu wasn't too varied, I could have done with a few more options accross the board, but once we recieved our food it was really tasty and perfectly cooked. It wasnt cheap, but around the price you would expect, and I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Bank Restaurant, BirminghamukbrendaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Lovely restaurant! Have eaten here many times over the years! Good and service excellent! Very expensive though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service poor and too slowVeggiegalDined on 27/6/20143 hours for a lunch with just a main course is just not good enough!
- Friendly staffPandE23Dined on 20/4/2014We received a warm greeting, excellent service with an appropriately attentive waiter. Food was good, and the overall experience excellent. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- First ClassChrissyGDined on 15/3/2014Fantastic hosting, service and above all, superb food. Great music and outside lounge. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- After work meal, pre concertAngierolloDined on 13/3/2014Have eaten here a few times now and they are just brilliant. Great service and food. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service outstandingMerlinDined on 8/2/2014I though the service from start to finish was out standing , the food was good but ive had better in bham not that would not stop me from going again or recommending it to any one , i will visit again to see if the service was a one off or if it is like it all the time , if it is like it all the time i would like to bring some my staff to see how customer service should be do e .. It was that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDav59Dined on 1/2/2014Great service, very friendly and welcoming staff. Would definitely go again and good place for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious oysters and juicy steakRossmeisterDined on 17/1/2014Really enjoyed our visit. A stone throw from the nia so perfect for pre or post show dinner. Service was a little slow , or drink orders took quite a while but the staff are very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bank BirminghamEskimonel73Dined on 10/1/2014Wanted to go to Bank for years, finally got there a fortnight ago and it was well worth the wait. The service was fantastic, extremely helpful and attentive without being in your face and over the top. Had 3 courses, the best by far though was the smoked haddock and leek risotto with poached egg...I would go back again just for that. Only one disappointment, my pudding. Chocolate brownie was too full of nuts, too small and too chewy. Will definitely be going back again in the summer.Special Features:
- lost some charmlunchwithfriendsDined on 2/1/2014I used to be a regular at Bank years ago and decided to go back for a special lunch with a friend. The food is good but the service is a little lacklustre and the one thing I cannot believe is that it has not had a revamp in all these years. It still has that hugely naff mural on the wall in the restaurant and the bar area looks decidedly grim. Bank used to be the premier dining establishment in Birmingham, but it has been overtaken by others and has not even tried to keep up which is a little sad. It was £230 for lunch for two (with wine and a couple of cocktails) and so it is not cheap and I think other places offer a nicer environment and food of equal or better quality.Special Features:
- Food and restaurant were fine.ShropdineDined on 6/12/2013Food and restaurant were fine. However the reservation was made online through Top Table for 8pm weeks prior to the required date but when we arrived at the restaurant they had the reservation time down for 7.30. After much waiting around on a busy Friday night we finally were offered a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 489 reviews are from the Bank Birmingham reviews archive.
- Fantastic all-in-one venue.OllieBDined on 23/11/2013This place has it all. A fabulous outside area, a welcoming, buzzing bar and a sumptuous menu delivered through excellent service. Well recommended. My only criticism is that the tables are soooo close together. Not only can you smell what the other diners are having, you can virtually taste it.Special Features:
- DisappointingTmerDined on 2/11/2013Poor value and poor food but the service was a saving grace.
- Bank @ Brindley placeah179865Dined on 26/10/2013Recently visited Bank for a pre theartre meal. They were aware of our time constraints and delivered excellent service based upon this comstraint. The food was very good - the steak I had was very high quality and well cooked. I have eaten here before and will go back again in the futureSpecial Features:
- Saturday nightdinerDined on 28/9/2013We booked for 9.30 When we arrived they had no record of our booking although it was confirmed by email through toptable We noticed that another group were also been told that they had no booking We then had to wait for 45 minutes for a table After this everything went very well Food excellent and good vaue. Service very attentive and friendly and efficient Music a little loud and clubby for our tastesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls work mealPacyDined on 29/8/2013We had a great evening and were looked after really well. The food and service was first class. Great atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening meal!GarfieldDined on 9/8/2013Excellent place to eat & drink, very stylish & modern with great service & amazing food! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!DianneDined on 9/8/2013Really enjoyed another visit and as ever, a good meal, good wine and a great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeluvniceplacesDined on 19/7/2013Been several times now and always been great, the staff are so courtious and very attentive, they all seem to take pride in their work. Must say that this time we went the food was even better than before. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealFoodyDined on 18/7/2013Went to bank to celebrate my birthday last Thursday and i must say i was very impressed, more so as we was sitting on the terrace in the sunshine (which i didnt realise bank had for years). Food was delicious and the service was excellent. Would definitely recommend for an enjoyable outside evening meal.Special Features:
- Another good meal at BankMandmDined on 29/6/2013Second time we have eaten at Bank before going to a concert. Both times the staff, service and food have been superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lively atmosphere, $$$2OnSatNightDined on 22/6/2013As with other reviewers, agree that food was very tasty, well presented and well proportioned. It is *not* the 'haute cuisine' of the type of 'a sliver of wild ... with a froth of unicorn spittle and fairy dust' - just tasty and good quality. Atmosphere on a Saturday night was lively - not romantic - but a good background hum with no annoyances of over exuberant guests. The service was ok - Our server was very polite and efficient - though it appeared they were just coping with the busy trade and it was on the side of being less attentive than it could have been. I have no issue with pouring my own wine if we are thirsty and did so on one occasion. We'd go again - knowing what to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night meal for 2SheffieldfoodiesDined on 21/6/2013My wife and I enjoyed our trip to Bank retaurant on 21st June 2013. The quality of food was excellent and the service at table was also very good - 1 point taken off for the service due to having to wait ages for pre-dinner drinks at the bar. The restaurant was extremely busy with a large table behind each of us which meant that the ambience was not particularly ideal for a romantic meal and the wine was pretty expensive. Having said that it didn't detract from our evening and I would recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent............KevinDined on 1/6/2013On our first visit to Bank we received a pleasant welcome and were shown to our table where our drink order was taken and we were left to peruse the menu with a good choice of dishes. Service was precise and very friendly throughout, food was excellent (Smoked haddock starter followed by Malayan Chicken for me), good wine selection and overall a really great night. Restaurant was a little on the noisy side which didn't bother us but may not suit everyone. Toilets are not easy to find and really need to be cleaned more regularly. Would definately recommend a visit and will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bank BirminghamukbrendaVIPDined on 24/5/2013Have eaten here many times in the past and have always enjoyed it. I would say the food is adequate. Not out of this world - but the prices! Nearly a £100 for two people and we shared a starter. £7.50 for a glass of wine - it really is not worth the money and I'm not sure I would go back here again in a hurry.Special Features:
- Lovely!Pickle86Dined on 15/5/2013An early dinner for us as we had tickets for the NIA, which you can see from the window it's so close! Excellent Mojito at the bar whilst browsing the menu. Tasty food, portion sizes just right. A treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,alasDined on 11/5/2013Great food, great service, good lively restaurant. Wine not cheap but you don't mind when the food is that goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy SundayfinedinerVIPDined on 17/2/2013We were certainly allowed plenty of time to enjoy our pre-concert meal - no-one rushing us off, even though it was busy. Unusual and delicious soup combination, but paella with salmon was a bit salty. Our table was a little too close to the next one, but we coped. As ever, service was personal and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Second To NoneKablarDined on 14/2/2013Despite being one of the busiest nights of the year - Valentine's Day, our table was ready and waiting for us. We were offered drinks at the bar and never felt rushed into being seated straight away. The service, ambience and quality were all absolutely fantastic. The staff were very attentive without ever being intrusive. Value for money was much better than I thought it would be at such an upscale restaurant. My girlfriend and I both had a 3 course meal (I had fillet steak), and we shared a bottle of Prosecco and the bill was still under £100 - even with a 12.5% tip!! You can't argue with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the BankTheSmurfsterDined on 5/2/2013The lunch was very good, as usual, though it was a little quiet (typical for January). The wine selection is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatLuciDined on 29/1/2013Had an early evening dinner there for my birthday. Have dined there many times before and as a Club Individual member they knew it was my birthday and gave me a free glass of prosecco - nice touch. Not so impressed with the bar area being cordoned off because of a large party (not in evidence) nor with the bar waiter who wouldn't wait for me to show my Brindley Place card so I didn't get the discount. Still the set menu was very good - crayfish and melon, roasted veg frittata (salmon for husband) and peanut butter cheesecake and brilliant value so mustn't complain too much.Special Features:
- Quick ServicefinedinerVIPDined on 29/1/2013Having been held up in traffic, it was a rather a rushed pre-concert meal - so I appreciated the way they acted promptly to ensure I could make the concert without indigestion. Mushroom soup of the highest calibre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trendy atmosphere with good foodScrumpyDined on 18/1/2013Trendy restaurant and bar, which is good for pre/post going to the NIA and also for a nice meal for special occasions. Fantastic service although a little more selection on the starters would be good Overall a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.