151 The Parade
Watford, WD17 1NANeighbourhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbodega.co.uk/
- Phone: 01923 229651
- Hours of Operation:
Kitchen open until 10pm every day
Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Monday to Thursday 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Sunday 6 pm to 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ben Bytyci
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
Have you tried our new cocktail menu yet? Have you had our fabulous Burgers with our crazy Buy One Get One Free offer (Mon-Sat 5-8pm)??
See you soon for all of the above!
A word from Bar Bodega
Bodega is the perfect haven for every over-25 who just can't find a decent bar. Our feel is 1920's speakeasy meets jazz club, with heavy drapes and deep leather sofas to offer a welcome that's akin to a long hot bath after a rough day. Discover a rare find of mature drinkers and enjoy chilled-out evenings of table service and conversation against a background of cool nu-jazz – played at just the right volume. Come in, relax and choose a bottle from the extensive wine list or select a specialty beer, and you'll find it's midnight before you know it.Continued
The weekend evening turns lively with the introduction of groove-led non-commercial music for you to enjoy. Why would you ever leave...?
The weekend evening turns lively with the introduction of groove-led non-commercial music for you to enjoy. Why would you ever leave...?
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bar Bodega - Best restaurants in Watford ›
Bar Bodega reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since 21 November 2013
romance (23)group bookings (16)special occasions (15)sunday lunch (13)fit for foodies (11)business meals (8)pre/post theatre (7)brunch (6)outstanding value (4)good vegetarian options (3)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (3)disabled access (2)Show More
- Lovely Sunday Lunch!Emma25Dined on 9/11/2014I love Bodega for a lovely chilled Sunday lunch. The food is always very good and it has a great relaxed atmosphere. A couple of small things though I noticed the prices have gone up from £10 to £12, quite a big increase really. Also you used to get separate vegetables, but now all served on the plate so you don't quite get as much. Bit cheeky, although it was great. I do miss the open mic Jazz they used to have on in there on a Sunday, bring it back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ultramelDined on 8/11/2014I was disappointed as I was expecting to hear Jazz music and be able to be heard across the table. Music was not Jazz and it was so loud one had to yell to be heard. Food was really good and the special for before 8 is a really good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time won't be the last timeDamoclesDined on 2/11/2014I took my better half here for Sunday dinner this week and I cannot fault it at all, the food was good and priced well, the wine was nice, the service was great, the music was at a perfect volume so you weren't fighting it to hear each other. I will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for chilled out eveningworkingmumDined on 29/10/2014Good ambience, service, food and wine make for a very pleasant evening with friends or colleagues. There's music at a sensible volume so you can chat comfortably. A great grown ups' haunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatbeatmagicianDined on 8/10/2014Professional and friendly staff and new my name when I walked in without having to introduce myself! Really great food, and a great atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right up my street!Hard2pleaseDined on 29/9/2014Fabulous soulful music and not to loud, loved the Marvin Gaye and Bobby Womack especially. The food: excellent! The service: considerate and professional. The venue moody and romantic!Special Features:
- Best bar in WatfordEmlaDined on 26/9/2014Catering for the slightly older clientele, this is the nicest place in Watford and we could do with more like this. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good food and drink and opens late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as AlwaysKezzaDined on 14/9/2014The atmosphere, service & food are wonderful and I cannot fault this bar/restaurant. I would recommend to all and it is a little more expensive but this is well worth it as it keeps out the you get clientele and rowdy youths of Watford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venue, poor booking system!ManvsFoodDined on 2/9/2014I booked Bodegas online earlier in the day for birthday drinks. However the booking via OpenTable didn't reach the venue. Fortunately we were accommodated by the wonderful staff at Bodegas... So well done Bodegas and shame on you OpenTable!Special Features:
- Sunday lunchharrypussycatVIPDined on 6/7/2014Bodega's Sunday lunch has changed over time and not always for the better but it remains an enjoyable experience in a congenial place. The 3 course menu is good value for a traditional starter, roast and veg and then pud. The cheaper red wine was disappointing for a place where a glass of wine is usually very enjoyable. The staff remain as friendly as ever. We'll continue to call from time to time and so will others judging by the numbers there and turnover - impressive for a sunny afternoon.Special Features:
- RAY'S REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2014Bodegas is a very pleasant Adult only bar with excellent Tapas at a good price. The service is always very friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Might be great but.....anteaterDined on 23/5/2014I booked a table for 6 "girls" going to see Paul Hollywood at the Colosseum including my 17 year old daughter. Table was not ready because a large group had "stolen" some of the chairs (said waitress who greeted us on arrival) - suggested we wait by the bar while she sorted it. Barman asked daughter for ID - not a problem - she doesn't drink - explained this, but then said they do not allow anyone UNDER 21 in. Absolutely nothing on the online booking or confirmation to say this. Cannot see anything on website either. Daughter really embarrassed at having inconvenienced the rest of us - not her fault. If our table had been ready, perhaps everything would have been OK. As it was, they lost out on a group table. Shame.
- PRE THEATRE MEALFifiDined on 14/5/2014What a lovely surprise to have booked it having no real idea what to expect , apart from a promising menu. Staff were great , lovely interior - we were served promptly , some delicious tapas style boards- with free Chilled Prosecco- would definitely go again if in Watford- Everyone left happy and great value ! thanks S LambeSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet friends and eatChrispyDined on 8/5/2014Nice and cosy, the tapas was delicious and the pudding sharing bowl just yummy! Just the perfect place to catch up with the girls. Service is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magicALKEDined on 27/4/2014Had a great Sunday lunch. Very tasty and reasonably priced for a medium end lunch (not cavery prices mind). There was a table magician who managed to be non-intrusive, and yet complement the experience. Not an easy task. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemKittykitchenDined on 16/2/2014Ate here last Sunday after some jazz at the Horns. Fabulous roast lunch, friendly team. Hopefully once all the building works at the top of the parade is completed more people will discover the delights of this hidden gem. Well done to the team. Look forward to trying out your other venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine TreatroystonDined on 14/2/2014I took my wife here for our valentine meal. I go here on a regular basis. Staff know my name and very friendly welcome. The music is not too load and set in the 1930/1940's ambience. Have to be over 21 years of age to enter premises. Food was good, due to my wife dietary needs she is very strict in what she eats. There are vegetarian options on the menu that she did choose from, due to personal preference she prefered certains dishes to others. Would recommend this bar/restaurant to family and friends. A good place to relax after a hard days work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemHarryDined on 28/1/2014(Visited on Tuesday 28th Jan) Although hard to find, this bar is well worth it. The best element was the quality of the staff and service; from the moment I stepped in I felt like I was given complete consideration and care and this continued for the duration of the evening. The range and quality of drinks is great as well, the ones we selected (wines) were fantastic for the price. The board games are a fun and unique touch as well and added to our evening. Easy to miss as they're hidden in the corner, but it's the perfect bar for them. In all, Bar Bodega is great if you want to have a good balance of atmosphere, comfort, value for money and audible conversation. The accommodating staff were key to this experience, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray's ReviewRayandSandraDined on 10/1/2014The Bodega was very pleasant with a good atmosphere and good tapas. RaySpecial Features:
- Casual EveningHappyCustomerSundayDined on 29/12/2013Love this place! Been here many times! It's a fantastic, uniquely decorated place where you can unwind with a drink in big comfy chairs, and play a board game if you like! It's a chilled out atmosphere with fantastic staff, amazing food and clean restrooms. I would recommend Bar Bodega to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pub/restaurantMaryDined on 3/12/2013You'd almost walk by Bar Bodega as there is building work going on and there is only a discreet door into it. It was our first time here and we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchSarahGTGroupDined on 1/12/2013Lovely place to go for Sunday Lunch. £15 for two courses and they are big portions so worth the price. Nice wine too, although the measures are a little different to what we are used to, it didn't detract too much from a very enjoyable day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and amazing foodMissMcKDined on 24/11/2013A gorgeous atmosphere, perfect and cosy for winter afternoons/evenings. The food was top quality and just the right serving size and fantastic flavours. Staff were extremely friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The experience was so good that I have plans to return the following weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Bar Bodega reviews archive.
- Sunday lunchharrypussycatVIPDined on 3/11/2013Hadn't been to Bodega for a while but kept getting emails and applauded their effort. Will try them on some other nights to see what's new. This was Sunday lunch and pretty much as expected. Good atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff serving roasts. The food has been better before but it's a good traditional meal and the wine was good so we all left happy.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereLeighDined on 26/10/2013Lovely bar that's great for drinks or food. Good mixed crowd and the service is always with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre wedding visitOut2eatDined on 18/10/2013We did not eat there as got delayed so food sears not relevant. Had phoned and left message to try to move booking but no call back. Ate elsewhere (Bread Butter & Grill: excellent!) but went to Bar Bodega for a drink. Turns out it is just a busy city bar. Noisy, dark and crowded. Not as described at all. Glad we skipped the meal!
- Great food and friendly serviceYummyVIPDined on 30/9/2013We always have a great food and friendly service here.Special Features:
- Watford's diamondJJ160Dined on 28/9/2013Bar Bodega is located on the Parade in Watford, anyone familiar with the area will know that the Parade has a collection of Bars and clubs aimed at 18-24 year olds with load music and low cost alcohol. Bar bodega is different it's for the older crowd who still enjoy nights out but want to have a conversation. The bar is for customers who are over 25 years old and the drinks are priced to discourage binge drinking. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, the staff are friendly and the food is tasty. I would recommend Bar Bodega to anyone who is looking for a venue in Watford where they can relax and share a good meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice find!FinerthingsinlifeDined on 22/8/2013Had a lovely time at this bar. Very nice decor and background music. The waiter was very pleasant, helpful and unintrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!HappydaysDined on 6/7/2013Bodegas made our night!! Service was brilliant and we were made to feel very special on my sisters Hen Party! Thank you so much for all your hospitality, we will defiantly highly recommend you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pub!Bob123Dined on 26/5/2013Lovely place, excellent service, will definitely be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoon into eveningMissMcKDined on 12/5/2013A lovely pub with a chilled atmosphere. Very grown up and smart with extremely friendly staff who make you feel welcome and relaxed. Great Sunday roast and amazing dessert! For £10 for roast and wine this was great value for the quality and amount received. I would love to make it a regular Sunday outting :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerYummyVIPDined on 28/4/2013Great for a group of friends or quiet family lunch as a couple. Lovely food and very friendly service. Big portions and a nice glass of wine, a lovely way to end the weekendSpecial Features:
- Brilliant BodegaNicoleDined on 11/4/2013We booked a table for a girlie evening out !!! It was brilliant ! the ambience of the place was just lovely and i loved the way they serve their drinks. The food was perfect if you did not want a big meal the sharing board was ideal. Great service and i will definitly recommend this to thers and will be returning. Worth booking a table we had ballons and a personalised name card waiting on the table for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff must be very carefullyDeb123Dined on 17/3/2013The staff must be very carefully selected as they are really friendly, attentive and helpful. The Sunday roast is great. The best restaurant in Watford in my opinion. A glass of wine is included in the £12 for a roast, but be prepared to have money in the bank if you want to spend time drinking as it's expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxingYummyVIPDined on 17/3/2013Great service and lovely food at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ServiceMrsWDined on 10/3/2013Went here for mothers day and it was lovely. They had a lovely menu and made it special by giving a glass of bubbly instead of wine with the offer to the mums which was nice. They also gave a small gift for the mums of a couple of daffodils and a chocolate truffle at the end of the meal which was also a really nice touch. The food was lovely and the service was great. Only reason I would say value wasn't good was it cost approx £20 per person but actually for 3 courses and a drink, that was pretty decent, it was just more than I'd anticipated paying but like I said, it's only a minor thing and I'd definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for romance or aDeb123Dined on 10/2/2013Fantastic for romance or a more mature bar/restaurant. Certainly the best Watford has to offer. The ambience if fantastic. Lots of candles, wooden furniture, leather chesterfield sofas, board games............... so relaxing you don't want to leave, especially on a lazy SundaySpecial Features:
- Food & DrinkSopesDined on 31/1/2013The food was varied, delicious & very reasonable. The price for drinks was extortionate? The staff were very attentive and offered excellent customer service. Due to the prices of the drinks I cannot afford to go there oftern.Special Features:
- Great ValueYummyVIPDined on 16/12/2012Good sized portions, delicious food and friendly service at a great priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.