Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
London, SW1X 7LANeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/barbouludLondon.html
- Phone: 020 7201 3899
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant: Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 11pm
Sunday: 12pm - 10pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 1am
Sunday: 12pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Dean Yasharian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
Set in Knightsbridge, award-winning Bar Boulud is a French-inspired bistro & wine bar at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, under the direction of renowned Lyon-born chef Daniel Boulud. The full à la carte bistro menu, served all day, is based on seasonal, rustic French cooking & includes an array of charcuterie prepared onsite. Featured are Boulud’s popular American transplants, the Yankee, Frenchie, Piggie & signature BB Burger, unique to London. A £17 two or £19 three course ‘Bouchon Menu’, changing weekly, is available until 7pm, inclusive of a glass of house wine. The interior comprises of a zinc-topped bar & sleek open kitchen, adding to the dining room’s buzz. Two private dining rooms each seat up to 20 guests for a more intimate affair. Bar Boulud features an impressive selection of wines with a focus on the Burgundy & Rhône regions, & a wide selection of beers. With outstanding food, drink & service, Bar Boulud has secured its reputation as one of London’s most popular dining spotsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park reviews from OpenTable diners
583 reviews since 20 November 2013
fit for foodies (259)business meals (246)special occasions (216)brunch (126)sunday lunch (123)pre/post theatre (114)romance (111)group bookings (89)child friendly (65)outstanding value (42)afternoon tea (36)disabled access (27)good vegetarian options (16)outdoor eating (11)Show More
- Good quality food however very average flavours.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/11/2014Great service for a very busy restaurant. We chose the 3 set menu lunch which was £19 for 3 courses including wine which was a super deal. All courses were average tasting however ingredients were cooked well and fresh. A good option if you want a simple good quality lunch. Nothing spectacular. I wouldn't choose to come here for lunch for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant and professionalDF555Dined on 16/11/2014Nice to see a highly skilled and trained staff as well as the management input in itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & great wine and food!NasiaDined on 15/11/2014We were not very hungry when we got there so decided to have nice glasses of red wine and small dishes like Iberico ham, Assortment of cheese et. Etc... They all tasted very good and the service was super! Friendly and helpful. The burgers people next to us were having looked very good. Want to try it the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as usualPointersDined on 11/11/2014Once again, had a great meal at Bar Boloud. It never ceases to be a favourite place.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014the service here was amazing and the food fantastic - we went for the set 3 course lunch and it was outstanding value for money - at no point did we feel like the cheapskates and a lot of other diners were making use of this fantastic value lunch - the portions were very generous and the waiting staff were so friendly and professional - I want to go back NOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerJc8697Dined on 6/11/2014Booked for 7.45pm and initially had a table which was not really intimate but was happily moved to a much better spot in the restaurant. The food was lovely the beef was sound and tender both in the beef dish and the burgers. Oysters were nice and well presented although personally I am not a fan. The service was very good and the waitress helped me with wifi and was very attentive. Can recommend very highly better for small parties though generally I would say as it is quite small in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meal, fun eveninggloribeDined on 1/11/2014Bar Boulud is good food in fun ambience, without being too chi-chi or too expensive, therefore all great ingredients for a relaxed and fun evening out !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Served by about 5 different people but food was hot, fairly quick and very tasty. Dishes were a good sizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodGr8mealsDined on 31/10/2014Great food and variety of dishes. Super friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlies lunchSwissDined on 30/10/2014A great place to meet up with a friend for this excellent value for money 3 courses lunch with a glass of wine + coffee.How do they do it for £19? Always a pleasure to go there.Next time will be post concert as they are open late in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BebambaDined on 30/10/2014A little surprised to be offered no choice of starter or dessert on their set lunch menu... Eggs Mayonaise and TarteTatin it was whether you liked it or otherwise! The main course was a choice of either grilled sardines or Bar Boulud black pudding....very uninspiring and it left myself and my two female companions rather disappointed. Nevertheless, the service was attentive and the food was tasty despite not being an appealing selection! A glass of wine + tea or coffee to finish made the luncheon very good value and we would all visit again but choose a day when the set menu was a little more appealing. ( the menu changes daily pparently)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedEatwellbutnotoverpricedDined on 28/10/2014Quite a nice restaurant to have lunch. The staff are excellent and especially Elisabeth who is a great pleasure to have serving you. The burger and the spinach were excellent, but the fries were overcooked pieces left. What I did not enjoy was the price of a glass of wine. I asked for a glass of cabernet & I was charged £15.50 ! I found it expensive. A glass should not cost more than £10-£12 At the end of the day, a business lunch consisting of a basic meal & a glass of wine should not have cost £90 for 2 people !! No starter, no desert only 1 tea. A full meal would have cost £150 ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marco9660Dined on 27/10/2014the food is good , no more no less, but good value for money. The service was excellent although a bit fast but this is due to the nature of this " bar-brasserie " type of restaurants : straightforward, no time to loose, multiple shifts. Overall : no disappointment, good experience.Special Features:
- SaltHelenDined on 25/10/2014We arrived (4 people) about 20 mins earlier than our booking planning a drink and some social time at the bar. The staff were keen to seat us immediately but we insisted on the drink! They came to collect us after 10 minutes and took us to our table. Again the table staff were very keen to take our order. It felt as though the staff had orders to hurry people along and turn over tables? The food was fine, nothing special. Everyone commentated how salty their food was. The fries especially so, but even the fish and vegetables too. A burger ordered medium was raw in the middle. Service was sporadic. The keeness to take our orders not felt when we twice followed up on more bottled water (all that salt...) for the table and missing side orders.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereStephenAbbieDined on 25/10/2014What a great restaurant and already looking forward to a return trip. The food choice was great and lovely selection of wines. We had lunch on Saturday and the mix of people ranged from an elderly couple to a family with young children so caters for everyone. Always good to dine at a French restaurant and find the staff were also mostly French and were very helpful. Totally recommend it.Special Features:
- Never disappointedAlineDined on 23/10/2014It was my third time at Bar Boulud and it was amazing. The food and service are always great. I had Coq au vin with truffle mashed potatoes and still dreaming about it.Special Features:
- fantasticqueenieDined on 22/10/2014Love this restaurant. Have been here many times and the menu offers so many choices, there is something for everyone. Once slight niggle - we ordered two different red wines and one of the waiters poured the second bottle of red into the glasses that held the first red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 22/10/2014Good value with good wine list cuisine but service was at best neutralSpecial Features:
- Burger heaven!daveyDined on 22/10/2014Been to this restaurant many times and it never fails to deliver! Great atmosphere and very attentive staff! The choice of food available is good. I had the garlic prawns to start with and they were outstanding! Beware when talking to people afterwards though lol. Then I had the piggie burger, this has to be the best burger I've ever eaten in the UK! Would recommend this restaurant for all to try. I will be back soon to try the rest of the menu!Special Features:
- As you can eat in LyonFourignonDined on 19/10/2014Café Boulud is a good experience of what you should discover if you come to Lyon. Thank you Daniel.Special Features:
- Relaxed mealhappyeaterDined on 18/10/2014Went with friends for a relaxing evening and a good catch up. Food was excellent and service was good.Special Features:
- Very good service and foodPinkchicken88Dined on 18/10/2014We went for a birthday dinner and service was on point that evening. The bread basket and water was constantly being replenished. The wait staff took time to explain the menu and our food. The Charcuterie Board was lovely, especially the ham and pate. We had a Piggy burger and the night's special, Beef Cheeks. The Piggy Burger was good, but nothing special. The Beef Cheeks were delicious and the parsnip fires were addictive, I wanted another portion! As it was my other half's birthday, they arranged for a small plate with "Happy Birthday" and a small cake. So that was a lovely touch from the staff. The White Cosmo cocktail I had was interesting, with a frozen ball of elderflower in the glass. Overall, it was an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 18/10/2014Expected much more from the food and restaurant itself. Cocktails were lovely but food wasn't exceptional at all.
- Heavenly burgersgourmet1dinerDined on 17/10/2014The food was delicious, especially the yankee burger was yummy. The staff was very friendly, helpful and very professonal. The atmosphere was very cosy . The only thing that bothered me was too much noise, but I will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pumpkinDined on 15/10/2014friendly service, good food, but very hit or miss service. Servers came by several times to say our food would soon be out, but nothing ever happened. We tried to get the attention of multiple servers, hosts. etc. but it had no effect. I think we will reconsider coming to the restaurant again because of the long wait for the food.Special Features:
- Excellent set lunchVisi2rsDined on 15/10/2014Lovely 3 course set lunch. Exceptionally good service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Perfect Lunch SettingSBBBDined on 13/10/2014It is a great place to have a delicious lunch , the food is very good as well as the ambiance and perfect locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightCamillsenDined on 11/10/2014Everything from booking the restaurant to the end of the meal was nice. Great service all the way, the food was heavenly, maybe except the chicken, which was on the dull side. Will definitely recommend the Tasting of the Charcuterie and the burgers. Nice ambience and I really hope to be back soon!Special Features:
- sophiesophieDined on 10/10/2014the place looks awesome and the toilets don't look terrible (!). The service was really nice and we even got offered a complimentary plate for our anniversary. However after we've made a food order we had to wait for an hour for the food to be brought to the table as the waiter has forgotten to put it through the kitchen. 7/10. P.S. The BB burger which was £23 ( 5/10) was much much much worse than a cheaper version with pulled pork and jalepeno mayo (9/10)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the burgers were greatLizCamillaDined on 7/10/2014We were recommended to eat the burgers from the famous chef Eyvind Hellstrøm, and they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandarinOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014It was my daugters 18th Birthday, arranged this as a special treat. The drinks and starters were fine, then they lost the order for main course, we sat around for another 30mins before they arrived, one was cold and we sent it back, but still cold. We left. Birthday meal ruined !
- Excellent food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014Excellent food, as one would expect but the service was a bit off. Started with seating. We arrived on time and were taken to our table and it had not been cleared or cleaned from the last guest so back out to the bar. Had a course of mussels and the bowls into which to put the shells showed up about 10 minutes later when we were half way through the order. In the meantime, the hot towels came out almost immediately after the mussels, resulting in not so hot towels 15 minutes later. Just a bit off their game that night. Except for the sommelier, the staff was quite friendly and engaging. I like this place due to its series of small rooms--makes the atmosphere intimate and easy to hear your guests. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavourless foodAlellyDined on 3/10/2014I've been to Bar Boulud several times before and had great food. This time I had been discussing with a friend great burgers and boulud had come up so we decided to go. I had the fish soup to start and it was fine, if a bit bland. I've had it here before and recall it being much better previously so my first thought was that they must've changed chef or supplier. This seemed to be confirmed when the burgers arrived. They were incredibly tasteless. The meat wasn't juicy and there was no sauce so they were very dry. The meat was cooked correctly and there was a nice brioche bun. The chips were a bit anaemic but fine. I'm also not a fan of the shredded lettuce as it was very limp. The service was excellent though.Special Features:
- SundayDined on 27/9/2014Returned to this restaurant having had a superb meal. Ordered the same again as did friends and we were slightly disappointed as the burgers were not made with as much love and care as the last time! Wouldn't rush back for third meal.Special Features:
- CriticaldinerDined on 27/9/2014A friend and I had lunch on Saturday. We chose dishes from the set lunch menu and they were absolutely delicious. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere most pleasant. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatmotownVIPDined on 26/9/2014The food is excellent and the atomosphere buzzy. A great stop in Knightsbridge.Special Features:
- Dissappointed2foodiesDined on 22/9/2014Based on a few business-related visits I took my wife. We have been to DBoulud places in NYC, Toronto and Vancouver and enjoyed them thoroughly. Very busy for a Monday night (may have contributed to the difficulties). My wife's Lemon sole on the bone was serously undercooked. This was not properly remedied when it came back. My grouse breast was tasy but lukewarm and the parsnip puree was weak. They took the sole off the bill and gave us a yummy basket of just baked madeleines as an apology. Dissappointed because the DB brand sets a high expectation for us.
- Not Happy, this was my 5th visitnewyorkerDined on 20/9/20144 previous visits had great results, this was terrible. WiFi code did not work & the correct one, promised, never arrived. 9 pm reservation, the table was ready but we got 3 different people pressing us for our order, last being a captain. It seemed we were being pushed maybe the kitchen wanted an early night. We were only sitting 15 min at best. We asked for a second bottle of wine same as first, but the one that arrived was 5 times the amount good thing we know to look at labels! We had multiple appetizers to share all were excellent as expected. Because of the amount of appetizers, I told the waiter not to "fire" the steaks until we were done so we could have a moment to relax between courses. Steaks & sides came cold. Never going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014It was a very nice experience, we are coming back the next time we come to London. Nice place, good service et good food.Special Features:
- ExcellentirdinerDined on 16/9/2014Had the pre-7pm set menu, which was superb value. Top-notch food in a classy environment, with really polished, engaged and professional staff. A very safe choice, and perfectly positioned in the heart of Knightsbridge. No wonder it was so popular, even mid-evening on a Tuesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.