Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
London, SW1X 7LANeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.danielnyc.com/barbouludLondon.html
- Phone: 02072013899x
- Hours of Operation:
Restaurant: Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 11pm
Sunday: 12pm - 10pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 1am
Sunday: 12pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Dean Yasharian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park
Set in Knightsbridge, award-winning Bar Boulud is a French-inspired bistro & wine bar at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, under the direction of renowned Lyon-born chef Daniel Boulud. The full à la carte bistro menu, served all day, is based on seasonal, rustic French cooking & includes an array of charcuterie prepared onsite. Featured are Boulud’s popular American transplants, the Yankee, Frenchie, Piggie & signature BB Burger, unique to London. A £17 two or £19 three course ‘Bouchon Menu’, changing daily, is available until 7pm, inclusive of a glass of house wine. The interior comprises of a zinc-topped bar & sleek open kitchen, adding to the dining room’s buzz. Two private dining rooms each seat up to 20 guests for a more intimate affair. Bar Boulud features an impressive selection of wines with a focus on the Burgundy & Rhône regions, & a wide selection of beers. With outstanding food, drink & service, Bar Boulud has secured its reputation as one of London’s most popular dining spots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
Bar Boulud @ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park reviews from OpenTable diners
601 reviews since 4 May 2014
fit for foodies (274)business meals (261)special occasions (238)brunch (138)sunday lunch (128)romance (116)pre/post theatre (108)group bookings (91)child friendly (62)outstanding value (48)afternoon tea (35)disabled access (31)good vegetarian options (21)outdoor eating (11)Show More
- Top class in every aspectGP1980Dined on 16/8/2014Excellent food and service and also good value considering the quality of the food and that it is in London. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed and very goodMerveeeeeeeeeDined on 16/8/2014The room is relaxed and gives the appearance of a much more casual place, yet the food and service is of a very high standard. Although the restaurant is below level they have used lighting and mirrors to give a open feeling. The wine list is extensive and with three Sommiliers on hand you can always find something to meet your tast and budgetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/8/2014Was led to understand that this provided some of the best French cuisine in London. Booked it for our wedding anniversary. It is really a glorified gastropub. The food was poor and extremely expensive with very limited options. The staff tried very hard to compensate and the attention and service was wonderful.
- MerveeeeeeeeeDined on 14/8/2014The room, food, are casual yet of a very high quality, the wine list and staff knowledge are excellent. While the feel is casual the staffing and attention and knowledge of the staff are more in line with a formal dining room The perfect choice for a quick meal before the teather or a leasurly meal with a loved one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant RestaurantDona1Dined on 13/8/2014Delicious food well presented in a beautiful ambience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great beer and wineFoodieinE14Dined on 9/8/2014I had heard that Bar Boulud had a gourmet burger selection and we wanted to try them. And we were not disappointed! The burgers were excellent!! Perfectly seasoned and cooked!! I can recommend The Piggy which included a beef patty and pulled pork on a cheddar bun! It was accompanied by delicious skinny fries. The rest of the menu looked good as well so we will be back to try some of the other dishes. In addition to the burgers being excellent, we were impressed with the wide range of craft beers on tap. The wine list was also extensive and excellently put together.Special Features:
- Deliciously expensive BurgerCJDINEVIPDined on 9/8/2014The burgers here are exceptional, unfortunately they are also pretty expensive. Lovely place for an afternoon session though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place awful Receptionist!LovetoDineDined on 8/8/2014Love Bar Boulud, am a regular, however the stroppy Reception/Table Allocator was horrible. Most of the staff are superb, this one should not work there. Food and waiting staff, and most of the Reception are lovely.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingHappyeaterDined on 8/8/2014I'm not sure what I expected but I was sadly disappointed by this restaurant. I had read all the hype but Bar Bouloud did not live up to it. The food was only ok, and the waiter did nothing to hide the fact that he wanted to get us out as soon as possible. I don't like restaurants that "turn tables" anyway, but the fact that we still had 1/2 an hour to go before our 2 hours were up made it even more annoying. Having eaten in Dinner, Heston Blumenthal's restaurant upstairs, and in other Mandarin Oriental restaurants, this was nowhere near in their class. I realise that this is a different class of restaurant, being much more casual but it really was not as good as I expected for a Mandarin Oriental restaurant. Not sure I would go again.
- Poor LunchPleasantPolDined on 8/8/2014I had chosen Bar Boulud to take my wife to for her birthday. Reviews of the restaurant had indicated that we would be in for a 'better than average' lunch. First impressions were good - inviting exterior, greeted at the door and the usual buzz of lunchtime service. When seated at our table we were informed that a colleague would be looking after us. We were not offered drinks or given any menus. It took a further 5 minutes before we were given menus-this may not sound like an eternity but where food is the central part of the visit the menu is quite important. We ordered drinks, which took an age to arrive. From there on we experienced very slow service and at points felt ignored. Coupled with average food it was a disappointment.
- Nice Lunch With FriendsWestEndFriendDined on 8/8/2014We had a lunch with friend here recently. The welcome by Paulo was very friendly indeed, and we were seated at a nice booth. I had soft shell crab which was very lovely, then beef tartar. It would have been nice to have some toasts with the tartar, and also to have been offered Tabasco to spice it up. My wife's sole was extremely delicious, but when we ordered it we specifically asked for it to be off the bone, and it arrived on the bone. The sommelier recommend a fine red wine. We did have some trouble chasing down our waiter several times. So… food great, wine great, welcome great… a few service drops...Special Features:
- Great vibe, fun service, good foodshesatraveldivaDined on 7/8/2014We dropped in to the Bar Baloud at the beginning of the August holidays, and we scored a table. They were very welcoming, the service was impeccable as well as friendly, and there was a very "happening" crowd even though it was August. We loved the burgers.Special Features:
- Bar BouludWphutchinsonDined on 5/8/2014Great food, excellent service and surprisingly good ambiance. My complaint was the price point - the food was reasonably priced, presumably to get people through the door but the side dishes were expensive (£5 for french fries!) and the wine list was exorbitant to say the least! £80 for burgers and a bottle of wine for two is too much I would say, but it was delicious.Special Features:
- Summer LunchTrinityVIPDined on 2/8/2014Lovely seasonal menu, tasty, playful, colourful and light - ticked all the boxes for a leisurely summer lunch.
- why to eat at bar bouluddienstagDined on 1/8/2014The food is consistently excellent and the menu is a good mix of regular dishes and seasonal changing menus. The service is always very good and nothing is too much for the staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic -AGAIN!!mistergrumpyDined on 31/7/2014The service, food and decor are of the highest standard - consistently delicious and beautifully presented dishes; whether a casual shopping lunch , tasty burger ( not a run-of the mill burger - but with 3 different luxury add-ons. Great seafood and starters. A must-stop when in London. We met Chef -Patron Daniel Boulud who was visiting his Bar Boulud in The Mandarin and he is a gentleman and professional and it is conveyed by his staff as well. Lovely food!Special Features:
- First class venueEdwardDined on 30/7/2014I invited two friends for lunch at the Bar Boulud and we were all impressed by the ambience and good atmosphere in the restaurant. The service was excellent and so was the food. I particularly noted the friendliness and positive attitude of the waiting staff. No complaints whatsoever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and serviceJulesDined on 29/7/2014Really impressed with this restaurant. Service very friendly, attentive but not over the top formal as can be the case in other michelin type restaurants. Food was faultless - really recommend trying one of the sausage starters.Special Features:
- Bar BouluddevilnVIPDined on 29/7/2014My first meal there, my first meal with my boss - enjoyed my steak and the company! The staff were friendly and assertive but not overpowering and the restaurant although empty when we arrived at 12:00 filled up nicely for a good atmosphere. I would go back and the burger choices looked great for next time!
- Lost AllureLJBLondonDined on 24/7/2014Since opening, I've been dining with Bar Boulud on several occasions. Loved the buzz. High quality ingredients. This visit, the buzz was missing. Food was ok, nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Over ratedS2diningVIPDined on 22/7/2014We went because we read they had one of the best burgers in London. The beef of did taste fresh, but I would not at all rate it as highly as we have read about it. It is a good simple burger, with basic traditional toppings, nothing more. We had a 7 year old child with us, the children's options were chicken breast, fish, steak, or pasta. He only eats chicken, and as we were ordering 5 burgers he wanted a chicken burger as well. So we asked for a bun on the side so he would make a chicken burger out of the chicken breast, they made an issue about this, several waiters came explaining that since they have created a famous burger they can not ruin the legend by giving a 7 year old a bun on the side! They gave him a toasted dry sourdough!!!
- everen5Dined on 19/7/2014Fantastic service and food. I really enjoy it every time I go.Special Features:
- Never fails to deliverSchatziDined on 19/7/2014This is my first review On Bar Boulud @Mandarin Oriental London but I have had many lunches there. It always deliver great attentive service but yet discreet and friendly with a traditional French menu with a price tag that suits all pockets. I especially love the fact that you can talk to your guests without being overheard by other table. Great atmosphere. Only constructive feedback....be careful with stale bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Very average service.PM1979Dined on 19/7/2014We dined at Bar Boulud for my wife's birthday with two friends. I booked a table for 4 and through e-mails and over the phone was reminded that there was a 1.5 hr window for lunch. The maître d' was not particularly welcoming and seemed a bit put out when I asked if he could put my umbrella in the cloakroom. Burgers were great and desserts excellent. Service was very average with some staff quite surly. Our waiter was very nice but not very knowledgeable about the menu. Most disappointing aspect was my wife feeling uncomfortable due to constant glances from staff and management presumably as we had overshot our 1.5 hr window. I would have understood ...but the restaurant was half empty! Good food marred by very average and snooty service.
- Not that greatNet1VIPDined on 18/7/2014I had high hopes, but the food was average. Service was good but if the food was very average so we would not go back.
- Expensive but sooo enjoyablefood4theatreVIPDined on 17/7/2014Conveniently located next to Knightsbridge Tube, is one of the few quality hamburger places at which you can reserve a table in advance. The yellowfin tuna starter, strangely listed under "fruits de mer", was superb and so was the Yankee burger. The staff are efficient and friendly providing excellent service. The wine-list includes a very drinkable, but not too easily affordable, Meursault available by the glass. All this comes at a price, but the enjoyment was so great, even the bill couldn't spoil it.Special Features:
- A favouriteHelenDined on 16/7/2014There is nothing not to like about Bar Boulud. The location is fantastic, especially after a Knightsbridge shopping trip. The food is delicious, yet not what you might expect from the Mandarin Oriental when you see a range of burgers on the menu. They take sausage and mash to a whole new level, with white pork sausage that melts in your mouth, complimented by truffle mash and apple. The waiters are extremely polite and attentive, although on this occasion they brought the bill before we'd asked for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulEat2LiveDined on 15/7/2014Always enjoy eating at any of Daniel's establishments. This is no exception. Fantastic food, expertly prepared & presented. Great variety of options to suit any palate. My only complaint would be that the wait staff did not inform us that the tea came in pots, not per cup. Three of us wanted tea. We didn't need a kettle each. Had the waiter wisely told us this key piece of information, I wouldn't have wasted 15£ on tea that we couldn't consume.Special Features:
- LOPII305Dined on 14/7/2014A dining experience. The bartender crafted excellent drinks, not just items on the menu. An excellent Moscow Mule. The aioli classique was outstanding. If the comments of my dining companions are to be believed (and they are), so were the escargots de bourgogne, the tartare de boeuf, and the crudo de thon. Though the tables surrounding us were occupied, there was a spacious feel to the restaurant. The staff were knowledgeable and attentive; always approaching the table at precisely the right moment. It was a special evening and were made made to feel that way. The young diners (15+ years) present seemed to enjoy themselves. I would not recommend Bar Boulud for younger children unless they are accustomed to fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't fault it!SatKatDined on 11/7/2014We were a group of six out on a Friday night having only booked on the Friday nigh (11th July 2014) for a group of 5. I called a few hours a ahead of time to book for additonal place and they were able to accommodate the change without any fuss.. no big deal I understand. However at with 15 minutes notice I was able to call and delay our table by 30 mins to 9.30pm again without zero fuss! Once inside the service was swift, friendly, professional and impeccable, they made it look easy! The food speaks for itself, the menu is great .. The piggie burger is divine, an absolute must try. I couldn't find any faults with the restaurant at all and believe me I am not easy to please.Special Features:
- Great food,shame about customersRjmallisonDined on 11/7/2014Took my partner here for his birthday as the burgers on the menu looked pretty good and he loves a burger!Food itself was great, really reasonably priced. Wine is expensive and this will be where the bill gets bumped up in price.Service was fantastic and the waiters were extremely attentive and polite.Only downside was the other customers.The man on our right complained to the manager as soon as he was seated as- get this-he was partly next to a wall. Shock horror.And he refused to eat next to a wall-ludicrous.The man to out left complained at the end that the service was not fast enough,again, his expectations must be absurd.This didn't spoil my visit it was just a shame there were so many pretentious people around!Would recommend though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatSpoiltforchoiceDined on 11/7/2014Been to this restaurant a few times now and it's always great. Service, atmosphere and food always to the same high standard as it was the time before. 5 of us went, 3 who had never been before and they said they would definately go back as well. Looking forward to my next visit already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails to rival the SavoyFoodiefanDined on 10/7/2014Great New York burgers at last in London, but its more than a burger bar, amazing champagne cocktails at the bar. very pleasant evening in lovely surroundings food simple and very well cooked loved the atmosphere of this great dining venue. ideal for a catchup with friends or pre or post theatre.Special Features:
- TTfoodieVIPDined on 4/7/2014Food was good however service really let the place down. we were sat in the lounge and the service was not very attentive at all. we had to ask for numerous things many times. For that calibre of establishment, i do not expect to be constantly asking for things such as re-topping water, salt and pepper and bread plates for bread. When raised with management, they stated it was due to being in the lounge, however my response was that given people sat in the lounge pay the same price for the people sat in the main restaurant, this was not a good enough excuse. we will probably not return again.Special Features:
- awesome food and serviceLeicaholicDined on 3/7/2014not sure how many times i have been back to Bar Boulud. their burgers, sausages, steaks, oysters....etc are best in town and always friendly, passionate staffs. one of the top restaurants in London for sure.Special Features:
- Great lunchGirlsnightoutDined on 28/6/2014A really good lunch - the food was really good and the service excellent. I had the burger and chips and would recommend this highly.Special Features:
- Fantastic visitfood4usDined on 25/6/2014We were recommended to eat at Bar Boulud by a discerning friend . We were delighted with the suggestion, the staff were superb, a hostess noticed one of our party was uncomfortable on the banquette seat and she unexpectedly and immediately brought a cushion which solved the problem! Our menu choice was commented on and recommendations made by the wonderful waiter. The wine list is fantastic, we have not seen such an eclectic selection of wines by the glass. Every single taste of food was delicious. It was a truly wonderful evening, everything was superb and we could not fault anything at all. Loved the final touch of macarons and madelaines - which we took to eat on the train! A perfect end to the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday dinersWednesday4lunchDined on 24/6/2014We come here very regularly and we are always greeted with a smile. The food is always delicious and we think of it as our favourite local eateriesSpecial Features:
- DinnerTrinityVIPDined on 23/6/2014Again BB London did not disappoint - great daily specials including soft shell crab starter and smoked brisket main course - and flavourful ice cream and sorbets to finish off the meal on a sweet note - favourite being the raspberry & lychee sorbet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding burgersWaldenDined on 17/6/2014A French bistro with an American twist. Burgers with pork belly or foie gras were fantastic, as was the boudins blanc and noir sampler. One can order individually or try "samplers" (half portions), Excellent wine choice by the glass. Excellent service at the bar. Great ambience. Unique cocktails. Can't wait to go back and try everything else on the menu! (One word of advice, table dining area is very noisy, bar area quieter if you want to talk). A brillant marriage of Lyonais cuisine with New York, New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.