Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
71 Great Titchfield Street
London, W1W 6RBNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellariarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02075808075
- Hours of Operation:
Monday and Tuesday: 12pm - 3pm; 5:30pm - 10pm
Wednesday- Sunday: 12pm -10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Vannucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
Absolutely, charmingly unique, the Bellaria Restaurant and Wine Bar in London’s upmarket Fitzrovia is a must for those tiring of the same old dining experience. From street level, Bellaria is quite simple – a pleasant, attractive Italian restaurant with an inviting atmosphere, bright and simple décor and the best seats of the house in daylight hours are by the wide windows where one can watch the world go by. However, a few steps below and guests are transported to a whole other world. Bellaria’s basement level truly is straight out of an ancient fairytale, its bare stone walls with their arches, nooks and crannies complemented by chandeliers and trickster mirrors, low lighting casting a golden glow. It’s the ideal setting for romance and a real surprise to everyone who discovers it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since 21 May 2014
romance (114)special occasions (80)group bookings (72)pre/post theatre (71)business meals (65)fit for foodies (63)outdoor eating (45)good vegetarian options (42)outstanding value (41)sunday lunch (31)brunch (15)child friendly (14)afternoon tea (8)disabled access (4)Show More
- Great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014We enjoyed our meal at Bellaria. We had hoped to eat downstairs as the area appeared much more appealing (over the internet, anyway), but it was overbooked. That stated, we enjoyed our dinner. We don't consider it a must-see and will likely not be back this year, but it was a good meal and experience all the same.
- in a word, excellentAndyDined on 13/9/2014Myself and my girlfriend had a fantastic time and I can say quite confidently we will be returning. The staff were attentive and very friendly from the moment we arrived. With the 50% off starter and mains it represented ridiculously good value. The calamari starter was by far the best I have had, the salmon with pistachio crust delightful. My partner opted for the crepes filled with ricotta cheese, sun dried tomato and porcini mushroom on a red pepper coulis, followed by Chicken supreme filled w aubergines and bel paese cheese and basil mash potato...which was every bit as fantastic. We asked for the 10% service charge to be removed so we could leave 15%. Thank you for a lovely evening, a lovely meal and truely wonderful service.
- Needs to change its menuStuartTDined on 10/9/2014This was the second time for dinner at Bellaria. Considering the last time we went was November 2013, I don't think the menu has changed much if at all. Starters were quite ordinary so difficult to choose. I had the crepes which were OK. My wife chose the salmon in mint jelly which she said was absolutely tasteless. We both then went for the sea bream which was excellent. Very good side orders of spinach and fries too. We didn't have puds or coffee as we were much to full so no criticism of portion sizes. Service was faultless and charming in that casual but efficient Italian way. The toilets leave a bit to be desired and could do with smartening-up. Because of the limited choice we won't go back soon but still recommend to first-timers.Special Features:
- Good value and nice serviceThegirlsDined on 5/9/2014This is nice restaurant and is good for group bookings particularly if you have vegetarians in the group. The veg options are very nice. The food is nicer than you will find in most Italian restaurants . The 50% deal does make it better value as without it is a little on the pricey side. The staff are also lovely.Special Features:
- Old fashioned Italian diningJimseabVIPDined on 30/8/2014Despite the restaurant not being very busy, we were escorted into the dingy basement, presumably the ghetto where all Opentable customers availing themselves of the half-price offer are sent to repent for their sins. The food is good but at full price it would be ridiculously expensive. Portions are generously sized and there is a nice complimentary bread plate provided automatically. Service is reminiscent of genuine Italian restaurants I've experienced on holiday, by which I mean p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y s-l-o-w. Don't go here if you're in a hurry, especially as the half price offer relies on all diners having two courses, as you are reminded when the waiter delivers a postcard with this small print on it 'to the person who booked the table'!
- Fabulous!!!Bitofafoodie1Dined on 29/8/2014Booked on the off chance, but how impressed was I. A quaint venue with great food. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- NpsjDined on 26/8/2014Will definitely be going back to Bellaria. Food was fantastic and the location was easy enough from Oxford Circus.Special Features:
- NoelDined on 23/8/2014Everything was excellent from greeting to farewells - thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!iolliDined on 23/8/2014We went to Bellaria for early dinner. The food and service were excellent and we really liked the atmosphere. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Cracking Menu with the 50% off dealSomeguyDined on 18/8/2014Firstly, they do a very good value 50% off food if you order a starter and a main, although their signature dishes aren't included in this. The food is excellent. I had the ricotta crepe for starter which was outstanding, and the cod for main which was good, albeit a touch small. Service is excellent, food is brilliantly presented and the atmosphere is of a relaxed Italian restaurant who are proud of their food. I'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely authentic italian cookingtipitownDined on 14/8/2014I've been here a number of times now and am never disappointed. The food is lovely and, combined with the toptable 50% off deal, you can sample the appetisers and mains (signature dishes are 25% off instead) for an affordable price. The ragu tagliatelli is a personal favourite.Special Features:
- Great valuebillyVIPDined on 13/8/2014Want Italian this part of town - then this is your place on one of the Opentable deals. Attentive service - solid wine list and good fare.
- Very enjoyable mealChester74Dined on 13/8/2014A great place. Good atmosphere, very chilled and laid back. Food was delicious, great value too and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous LunchMrSilasDined on 13/8/2014Great atmosphere on a lovely clear sunny day sitting by the window (a must to get the best out of the place). The staff were friendly and attentive. Very tasty food and huge menu. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessieJDined on 13/8/2014Great new find this one of our new favourite Italian restaurants .food and services are excellent... Recommend..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Exellent servicePucci85Dined on 12/8/2014Food was very good, tradional Italian with a modern twist. Mussel starter delicious. Open table 50% deal made it great value. Mentioned that it was my friends birthday when booking and the staff acknowledged it and really made an effort. Service excellent. Will return and would recommenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experinceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2014Bellaria in London is truly outstanding with outstanding service and outstanding food!! We have enjoyed the best steak in London there, which is amazing for an Italian restaurant!! Bellaria is our nominated restaurant where we want to eat when we are in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in all aspectMissLexieDined on 12/8/2014I had many meals at Bellaria but i never rated before today , the food is as usual amazing very well presented and cocked to perfection , service as improve a lot since my last visti , now is really attentive and friendly . will back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely placealbieterrierDined on 12/8/2014Book at last minutes , we sat downstairs in the basement , food was perfect we had aubergne compote and salmon with mint jelly , as main we had sea bream and liver , no space for dessert , service was attentive friendly and faster, great experienceSpecial Features:
- One of the best restaurantsHestonBDined on 10/8/2014Everything about the restaurant was of the highest quality. From the moment me and my date entered, we were very welcome there. The food was exceptional, the service was outstanding and i would easily go back there again without a doubt.Special Features:
- BellariaNicciDined on 9/8/2014Last minute booking at Bellaria, 8.30pm on Saturday with -50% OpenTable deal. Sat in the basement. The food was very good with generous portions, although slightly overpriced without the 50% discount. Unfortuantely the service was less than friendly. Waiter was easily distracted - cut off from taking our order to bark orders/comments at other staff and didn't crack a smile the entire time we were there, which was a real shame as it would definitely put me off returning despite enjoying the food. Discount wasn't taken off the bill, it was removed without any issue - or even a word from the "happy" waiter! If the waiting staff could cheer up a bit, this could be a lovely place but probably wouldn't return or recommend due to this.Special Features:
- Frustratingly slow serviceLondondinerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Very slow service. There were 3 staff running the downstairs section, however only one of them could take orders or use the till, therefore it took a lifetime to order anything. The remaining 2 staff stood behind the bar polishing cutlery and asked us to wait for him to come back when we requested another bottle of wine, despite them both being stood next to it. No wine cooler was provided. All 3 meals were very nice, apart from the crab starter which was full of shell. Will not be returning as found it a very frustrating experience. Felt sorry for the 1 guy who was doing 3 peoples jobs!
- Super value.ZoshaDined on 7/8/2014Couldn't fault the service or quality of food at Bellaria. We were on a 'special offer' deal at the restaurant and were given a 5 star experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambienceAndyDined on 7/8/2014Really like the food and ambience here. Eating on the street outside the restaurant at lunch time is always fun and lots of celeb watching from the BBC as well as just a nice bustling, but not over-busy, part of the west end. Service always prompt and with a smile. Good for business lunches in the week. Loses one star for me because of odd, and not quite up to scratch, loos.Special Features:
- Lovely little ItalianNomnomnomVIPDined on 24/7/2014Great food lovely staff and wonderful ambience. Will definitely be back again - good value for the quality of food especially with the 50% of starters and mains deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, good foodJanhDined on 24/7/2014Via open table, got a great discount on the food, which effectually paid for our bottle of wine. Was in London for a short amount of time, the restaurant was very close to our Hotel. Liked it that much, dinned there again the 2nd night, and will propably go back on our return trip via London.Special Features:
- just dinnersteveDined on 21/7/2014booked via open table special for a quiet dinner with my two adult daughters. Service was great. The 50% food offer was good from the a la carte menu. Between 3 of us we shared our starters and mains. The combined opinion was "4 out of 6" dishes were remarkably good. The other "2" were OK. House wine was palatable (or above). We dined upstairs by a window which was great given the summer evening light. With the offer we dined for £40 per person including a pre dinner drink and 2 bottles of house wine. With the food combo and the friendly service it was great value.Special Features:
- KalmanDined on 18/7/2014My family and I had a most enjoyable evening'.The food was 'echt' Italian -beautifully cooked and presented . The staff were very attentive and relaxed without being intrusive .Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceHappykingDined on 17/7/2014Food and service were very good. Without the 50% opentable discount for starters and main, it may have become too pricey. However, credit for the big portions and lovely food.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDelgraemeDined on 14/7/2014Strawberry Prosecco always starts things off well and this was no exception. It was, perhaps, disappointing that the atmospheric cellar was closed but it gets too hot in the summer. So we ate outside on Great Titchfield Street. The Maitre D' was most attentive finding the best combination of dying sun and shelter from the mild breeze. My Salmon in mint jelly was almost perfect (I would have liked a little more mint in the jelly) and the sweet red onion set it off beautifully. Following this with Medaillons of Lamb was (though I say it myself) inspired. Perfectly cooked meat with garlic spinach was delicious. All washed down with a bottle of Trebbiano, for my two companions' choice of meal, a very enjoyable evening was had by all.Special Features:
- Bellaria againcol35VIPDined on 14/7/2014Excellent service this time around - made to feel special in spite of being on the 50% deal. Zucchini very salty but all other food very tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!RobboDined on 9/7/2014We had good food and great service at an excellent price. Everyone enjoyed the evening and said what a "great find" Bellaria was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food central locationNomnomnomVIPDined on 6/7/2014Nice Italian that's very conveniently located. With the 50% food discount the bill was around £50 for two courses with wine for two - decent price given the quality of the food and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very well presentedbreadmakerDined on 5/7/2014Good food in good quantities, very well presented in a very pleasant ambience inside and out. Excellent efficient service - we were greeted on arrival despite a last minute booking on Saturday night. Nice location on street corner in Fitzrovia, not too busy or noisy. We had the 50% offer for starters & mains which made the menu prices good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bhappyDined on 3/7/2014Brilliant as per usual! Absolutely delicious, service is amazing. Will be going back again and will recommend it to everyone I know.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/6/2014Good value with 50% off otherwise might be a little pricey. Wine list on more expensive side too.Special Features:
- brilliant birthday meal outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/6/2014really chilled atmosphere for such a nice restaurant, food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely place!BeckanieDined on 14/6/2014We booked the 50% off offer on Open Table and that was great - without it I feel the place would be too expensive for what it is. The service was great - very friendly. The food was lovely and the wine flowed - a nice place and would defintely go back. Do book with the offer though.
- downstairs romantic, but was closedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014not that we needed that, it was a girl´s evening, but if you are looking for the brick alcoves, phone ahead and ask. I had pasta as a starter - yum - and a chicken main, very good, one friend liked her fish but one friend thought her liver was overcooked. Service was good, We would return.Special Features:
- IncredibleTrigger92Dined on 8/6/2014So many restaurants in London but definitely made the right choice! Great location, friendly staff, beautiful food. With the 50% off deal we got a great dinner for 2 with drinks for £54. Would greatly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.