Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
71 Great Titchfield Street
London, W1W 6RBNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bellariarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7580 8075
- Hours of Operation:
Monday and Tuesday: 12pm - 3pm; 5:30pm - 10pm
Wednesday- Sunday: 12pm -10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Vannucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
A word from Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
Absolutely, charmingly unique, the Bellaria Restaurant and Wine Bar in London’s upmarket Fitzrovia is a must for those tiring of the same old dining experience. From street level, Bellaria is quite simple – a pleasant, attractive Italian restaurant with an inviting atmosphere, bright and simple décor and the best seats of the house in daylight hours are by the wide windows where one can watch the world go by. However, a few steps below and guests are transported to a whole other world. Bellaria’s basement level truly is straight out of an ancient fairytale, its bare stone walls with their arches, nooks and crannies complemented by chandeliers and trickster mirrors, low lighting casting a golden glow. It’s the ideal setting for romance and a real surprise to everyone who discovers it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since 22 November 2013
romance (106)special occasions (78)pre/post theatre (70)group bookings (61)business meals (60)fit for foodies (58)outdoor eating (49)good vegetarian options (36)outstanding value (34)sunday lunch (29)brunch (14)child friendly (11)afternoon tea (5)disabled access (3)Show More
- Great first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 14/11/2014Booked bellaria for my girlfriends birthday. Fantastic setting downstairs in the old bakery ovens! Menu was broad, seasonal and authentic Italian. Wild boar starter deicious, but calamari starter slightly too salty - zucchini perfect! My cod was excellent, well cooked and full of flavour, my girlfriends pork was filling but slightly overcooked. Wine made up for all the minor errors however. Service was attentive and discreet. Pricey for 2 people, but it was worth it when all considered. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bellaria againcol35VIPDined on 9/11/2014A reliable regular for us - excellent value and tasty food.
- Not satisfied...BeefeaterDined on 8/11/2014Food was fine, especially with OpenTable discount. The amviance was not bad either. However, the state of ladies restroom cancels out all the good parts this restaurant has.. The floor was wet everywhere and disgusting!! It was horrifying.Special Features:
- Lovely place and great serviceBravocDined on 7/11/2014My Wife and I went for dinner on a Friday evening. The restaurant was quite busy, however the staff were quite attentive and sat us fairly quickly. We both had a starter and a main course along with glasses of prosecco. I must say we quite enjoyed the food and the ambiance. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hammer1Dined on 7/11/2014We went for dinner with 2 friends and had a table in the downstairs restaurant. The maitre d' and staff were very friendly and obliging. We were the first down there but it quickly filled up. The menu is extensive and the waiter was helpful in pointing out that we needed to order 2 courses to benefit from the Opentable discount. Everything was fine and all our meals were efficiently served and well cooked but not outstanding. We had a Merlot red which was very tasty. Even with the discount it is not cheap and without it is on the expensive side but I would recommend this restaurant to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value 50% off starter & mainsspecialcc1Dined on 6/11/2014Interesting selection on menu. Excellent pasta dishes. Service very good. Lovely house wine. Complimentary bread and nibbles of a high standard. We were on the special discount of 50% off starters and main course which was exceptionally good value. Bar drinks very expensive. Basement has an authentic character and atmosphere but does have a damp smell. Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumVIPDined on 5/11/2014good value when 50% discount available, otherwise overpriced for what it is. Tiramasu not the best but main courses mostly good. Stoill a pleasant neighbourhood restaurant.
- Great as per usual!Marina183VIPDined on 29/10/2014A deliciously authentic Italian restaurant that I often frequent - always nice to see the impressed look of people's faces when we are taken to the beautiful downstairs dining room!Special Features:
- Great food and servHelenofTroyDined on 29/10/2014Definitely revisit. Food heaven for lovers of good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced- even with discountdansyeatsDined on 28/10/2014We had a 50% discount off starters and mains but found it pricey even with this. The food was very good- except I had the risotto- I do not recommend it. It looked very unappealing and was let down on taste. The starters were tasty and generous. My companions enjoyed their mains.
- Real Italian food by real Italians!Huggy79Dined on 27/10/2014This is the third time I have eaten here and the food is always true Italian. I suspect that there is a new owner because the staff are different, the uniforms are different and the plates are different. The staff are as attentive as ever although perhaps a bit to pushy to sell more water and wine. Our food was good in three out of four plates. One of the pork loins was partially tender and partially so tough it was inedible. We did report it to the staff when they took away our plates. However the other three plates were excellent. We had 4 starters, 4 mains and 1 dessert. Also two bottles of water and one bottle of wine. At £40 per head was that value for money? It may be for central London but it did feel a bit steep, hence the 3 stars.Special Features:
- Fantastic valueLove4foodDined on 24/10/2014Booked restaurant as pre theatre meal. Staff were very friendly and polite. Food was plentiful maybe to much as I couldn't even squeeze in desert. Would recommend highly to anybody that likes good food and plenty of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid favourite...Marina183VIPDined on 22/10/2014Authetic italian food, wonderful italian hospitality and an amazing ambiance - particularly downstairs. Strongly recommended!Special Features:
- 30th birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/10/2014I booked it for my son's 30th birthday we were 8 people and we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic service & Italian foodSammie4Dined on 14/10/2014The whole experience of dining at this restaurant was fabulous & faultless. The staff are of a high caliber & the presentation & taste of the food is amazing. I had vegetarian options & the risotto with goats cheese was to die for. The street level seating area is small & cozy & only aprox a 10min walk from Oxford Circus/Margaret Street bus stop. We will definitely be dining here again & will try sitting downstairs next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ItalianhenrysDined on 10/10/2014Booked the 50% off offer; when we turned up the waiter wanted to seat us in the grim downstairs room but agreed cheerfully when we asked to stay upstairs. Service was very good, and the food was of decent quality. The squid looked great but was extremely salty; the rest was very good, and service was excellent. Calves liver with mash was very good and nicely pink. Two out of three of us were drinking only tap water, and this wasn't a problem for the restaurant at all. Very good value including the offer, but a bit pricey without it.
- AlrightAdamDined on 7/10/2014Went here with my girlfriend last night using the 50% deal. She had the bruschetta and I had the squid to start. Hers was plain but nice, mine was overly salted and not what some say as 'the best calamari ever'. We then had pasta, these dishes were far better, the plain bolognese I had was amazing. An unexpected surprise. Overall it was a nice meal. I feel the starters were overpriced but as we got 50% off it was fine. The prices in the menu on the site are not quite up-to date btw.
- Great food & serviceRosiDined on 4/10/2014We had an amzing dinner..excellent food, wine and service. It was my second time..will come back againSpecial Features:
- Very goodDim89Dined on 3/10/2014Nice food, nice ambience. We enjoyed our dinner. The water is overpriced.Special Features:
- Delicious food, good servicemerryDined on 30/9/2014I book Belleria for my friends birthday as she loves Italian. I love trying different restaurants and I saw good comments about the place. The restaurant was not really busy at all as it was Tuesday. We ordered vegetarian sharer plate which was £12.00 on the menu and we didn't realise it was per person. It actually says on the menu but I didn't even pay attention, because I never seen in any other place they put the price per person for a sharer plate. So I thought that was a bit misleading. We loved the board but we were all really surprised that vegetarian board costs 24 pounds. Main dishes very really tasty as well as my espresso martini. Service was polite and attentive. Overall good experience but expensive without the discount.Special Features:
- Great Food!SEA23Dined on 27/9/2014Really impressed with the food and service I received at Bellaria. It is not a big restaurant, however the food was amazing. We selected this restaurant as we were going to watch a show at the Palladium; and it is no more than a 10 minute walk from the theatre. Really friendly staff, good selection of wine and an extensive menu. Can't recommend enough and will definitely be back the next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- PatieDined on 26/9/2014The menu cooking and presentation at Bellaria take the often run of the mill Italian menu to another level. Good value at 50% off Starters and Main courses other wise a bit pricey. Our Party of 8 especially enjoyed the squid innovatively presented in a friture, the bressaola and the pancake, worth a special mention was the Cod in Pancetta and the Sea Brean main course. Lovely Italian staff and unrushed service made for a relaxing evening enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Pleasant meal in nice settinglondondinerDined on 20/9/2014Had a very enjoyable meal at Bellaria on Saturday evening. The meal is good value with the top table offer, but would be quite expensive otherwise. Starter portions were decent, main were a little on the small side and sides have to be ordered separately. There was a charge for bread - which given the prices did seem a little stingy but service was attentive and friendly. Try one of the outside tables which are especially lovely (weather permitting).Special Features:
- Reasonable but not amazingjwppDined on 20/9/2014The starter was not good at all. The main course and dessert both good. Wine - limited by-the-glass choice but OK. Service very good and friendly. The atmosphere was fine although a large party were noisy and a bit drunk. Only having a good time and in good spirits but not the best for a quite dinner with my friend. The toilets are horrid.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014We enjoyed our meal at Bellaria. We had hoped to eat downstairs as the area appeared much more appealing (over the internet, anyway), but it was overbooked. That stated, we enjoyed our dinner. We don't consider it a must-see and will likely not be back this year, but it was a good meal and experience all the same.
- in a word, excellentAndyDined on 13/9/2014Myself and my girlfriend had a fantastic time and I can say quite confidently we will be returning. The staff were attentive and very friendly from the moment we arrived. With the 50% off starter and mains it represented ridiculously good value. The calamari starter was by far the best I have had, the salmon with pistachio crust delightful. My partner opted for the crepes filled with ricotta cheese, sun dried tomato and porcini mushroom on a red pepper coulis, followed by Chicken supreme filled w aubergines and bel paese cheese and basil mash potato...which was every bit as fantastic. We asked for the 10% service charge to be removed so we could leave 15%. Thank you for a lovely evening, a lovely meal and truely wonderful service.
- Bellaria Restaurant & Wine BarCOALDined on 11/9/2014This is the fourth time I've been to the Bellaria and it continues to impress. I booked through top table adding a special request to the resturant to see if they would be able to accomodate myself and my girlfriend with our young baby. I was impressed that the manager phoned with myself back within minutes of the request being sent to say we were more than welcome and he could accomodate us with ease. Food wise the squid for starters is a must and the cod wrapped pancetta is pretty good. Off note the resturant dose have a downstairs area which is cool.. its not what you expect when you walk in upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to change its menuStuartTDined on 10/9/2014This was the second time for dinner at Bellaria. Considering the last time we went was November 2013, I don't think the menu has changed much if at all. Starters were quite ordinary so difficult to choose. I had the crepes which were OK. My wife chose the salmon in mint jelly which she said was absolutely tasteless. We both then went for the sea bream which was excellent. Very good side orders of spinach and fries too. We didn't have puds or coffee as we were much to full so no criticism of portion sizes. Service was faultless and charming in that casual but efficient Italian way. The toilets leave a bit to be desired and could do with smartening-up. Because of the limited choice we won't go back soon but still recommend to first-timers.Special Features:
- Nice mealNomanDined on 6/9/2014Nice meal. Especially liked the cheese board. Friendly waiters.Special Features:
- Good value and nice serviceThegirlsDined on 5/9/2014This is nice restaurant and is good for group bookings particularly if you have vegetarians in the group. The veg options are very nice. The food is nicer than you will find in most Italian restaurants . The 50% deal does make it better value as without it is a little on the pricey side. The staff are also lovely.Special Features:
- Old fashioned Italian diningJimseabVIPDined on 30/8/2014Despite the restaurant not being very busy, we were escorted into the dingy basement, presumably the ghetto where all Opentable customers availing themselves of the half-price offer are sent to repent for their sins. The food is good but at full price it would be ridiculously expensive. Portions are generously sized and there is a nice complimentary bread plate provided automatically. Service is reminiscent of genuine Italian restaurants I've experienced on holiday, by which I mean p-a-i-n-f-u-l-l-y s-l-o-w. Don't go here if you're in a hurry, especially as the half price offer relies on all diners having two courses, as you are reminded when the waiter delivers a postcard with this small print on it 'to the person who booked the table'!
- Fabulous!!!Bitofafoodie1Dined on 29/8/2014Booked on the off chance, but how impressed was I. A quaint venue with great food. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- NpsjDined on 26/8/2014Will definitely be going back to Bellaria. Food was fantastic and the location was easy enough from Oxford Circus.Special Features:
- NoelDined on 23/8/2014Everything was excellent from greeting to farewells - thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!iolliDined on 23/8/2014We went to Bellaria for early dinner. The food and service were excellent and we really liked the atmosphere. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Cracking Menu with the 50% off dealSomeguyDined on 18/8/2014Firstly, they do a very good value 50% off food if you order a starter and a main, although their signature dishes aren't included in this. The food is excellent. I had the ricotta crepe for starter which was outstanding, and the cod for main which was good, albeit a touch small. Service is excellent, food is brilliantly presented and the atmosphere is of a relaxed Italian restaurant who are proud of their food. I'll be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely authentic italian cookingtipitownDined on 14/8/2014I've been here a number of times now and am never disappointed. The food is lovely and, combined with the toptable 50% off deal, you can sample the appetisers and mains (signature dishes are 25% off instead) for an affordable price. The ragu tagliatelli is a personal favourite.Special Features:
- Great valuebillyVIPDined on 13/8/2014Want Italian this part of town - then this is your place on one of the Opentable deals. Attentive service - solid wine list and good fare.
- Very enjoyable mealChester74Dined on 13/8/2014A great place. Good atmosphere, very chilled and laid back. Food was delicious, great value too and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous LunchMrSilasDined on 13/8/2014Great atmosphere on a lovely clear sunny day sitting by the window (a must to get the best out of the place). The staff were friendly and attentive. Very tasty food and huge menu. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.