37 Sackville Street
London, W1S 3DQNeighbourhood:
JapanesePrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.benihana.co.uk/piccadilly_benihana.html?p=piccadilly
- Phone: 02074942525
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 3pm; 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Benihana Piccadilly
Benihana restaurant in London’s Piccadilly offers a truly unique dining experience. The show-stopping chefs with their dancing knives and witty banter originated in New York in the 60’s and Behihana’s culinary experience has been enjoyed by more than 100 million diners worldwide. Each of Behinana’s large shared table enjoys its own dedicated chef who prepares a light, delicious, many-coursed Japanese meal teppan-yaki style before your eyes while entertaining you with samurai knife skills and a stream of charming patter. You can choose from several kinds of steak, chicken, or seafood and let the chef take care of the rest. Meals at Benihana are terrific fun for families, groups of friends and outings for work teams as well as easy first-date venues. The décor is modern Japanese, smart and minimalist. Service is charming and, if sushi is always part of your Japanese meal, Benihana’s sushi is an excellent example of authentic Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChild Friendly
Benihana Piccadilly - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Benihana Piccadilly reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since 2 June 2014
group bookings (128)special occasions (121)child friendly (49)fit for foodies (47)business meals (41)pre/post theatre (38)romance (30)good vegetarian options (27)sunday lunch (23)outstanding value (20)disabled access (15)brunch (9)outdoor eating (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- AngelaAngelaDined on 25/9/2014We were a group of 6 and had a lot of fun! The chef was very humourous and we were impressed by his dexterity handling the knives! The food was fresh, well cooked, very good and the portions were generous. Overall a great evening. We highly recommend Benihana!Special Features:
- amazing😃mylaDined on 25/9/2014the service is finest, staff are lovely and accomodating. food is fresh and cook in front of you.highly recommended👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food -iceeaterDined on 19/9/2014I dined at the Benihana Piccadilly Friday evening with five friends. The food was good, the service also but the japanese chef went a little over the top in his attempt at being fun.Special Features:
- A good birthday mealSaganDined on 18/9/2014Thankfully booked the deal of 6 courses for £29 otherwise this could have been far too expensive. The chef was entertaining and friendly, the food delicious albeit small portions for the price and the atmosphere electric. Staff were a little slow with drinks but otherwise good. I would recommend here for a special occasion and if you like to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.JV132Dined on 11/9/2014From start the finish the experience was amazing, lovely and clean restaurant with a nice ambience. Once seated the waiters gave you enough time to decide for drinks and meals etc. the chef came out was brilliant he was hilarious, interacted with us a lot and made the whole night. The portions were big I was surprised. The restaurant costs quite a bit but it was worth every Penny. I've already recommend 3 people and going back there for and friends birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonkeyDined on 10/9/2014Booked the £29.50 deal for 6 courses. Plenty of food and good quality. A great restaurant for a group of you as lively and entertainingSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceeplauVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fun for friends and family - food is excellent, service is friendly and the experience is very fun every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, and very entertainingMarkDined on 4/9/2014The food was simple delicious, and Marlon our chef was really worth a mention, very funny and extremely entertaining. The whole evening great and I would repeat, maybe I would order less food next time.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerChantellexxDined on 1/9/2014Was a really nice evening we've been before food is nice and a great touch that you can see it cooked in front of you. Not for you if u want privacy because you share a table with other diners which is ok also it's a little bit pricey but we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thier have a lovely staffJhenilDined on 31/8/2014The food is nice, very entertament cheif good service from the waiter is very nice and convenent to set relaxing place very nice, good for funny dinnerSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableEllyDined on 29/8/2014Took our daughter to celebrate starting Year 1! She was thrilled by everything and the staff went out of their way to make it fun and welcoming for her. Food was great too..lots of it though so be mindful when you are ordering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining for special occasionDinner4162Dined on 25/8/2014A lunch or dining experience with a difference where your food is cooked to order by a chef at the table. Fun for kids as the chef throws in a few tricks to entertain. Good quality ingredients, friendly service and set menus as well as more expensive a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceKakdogDined on 24/8/2014The waiters and front of house staff were very rigid about how and when we were seated. A friend was late and we felt very rushed. The food however was great.. the show, fun,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/8/2014Service was really bad, our chief was new and as such had no where near the skills as some of the neibouring tables. Food was really basic, could of made it myself at home...Special Features:
- Supper & EntertainmentbrokendownmaseratiDined on 15/8/2014We chose Benihana as a treat for our children and were not disappointed. The hibachi chef was endlessly entertaining and got lots of oohs and aahs from all the family. The food is very fresh, high quality, rapidly cooked and tasty. As a crowd pleaser you can't go wrong. Given that you both eat and are entertained, the early evening set menu is reasonable value, and gives the opportunity to add a variety of Japanese side dishes. The menu has been the same for decades, and the wines are a bit rough, but don't let that put you off. This is fun dining, not fine dining.Special Features:
- Fun for allJonnydDined on 10/8/2014Great food. Great fun. Great service. Can't go wrong going hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funAmandaDined on 8/8/2014Another great experience at Benihana, we went for my Dad's birthday and they even put a candle in his dessert and sang happy birthday, took a picture and printed it as a card. The food and cocktails were good too!Special Features:
- Great experience at BenihanamindthegabDined on 6/8/2014It was my first time going to Benihana. I surprised a friend for her birthday and it was simply great. It is truely something different and a great experience. Really good when you want to see something new and have a nice show aswell. It is quite pricy, but it was worth. I had a tuna steak, some sushi makis as well as a cheese cake desert. Everything was really good. Looking forward to go here again. The service was great, actually he was outstandingly kind to be honest. Thanks Benihana!Special Features:
- Great service, atmosphere !iamkelvinleeDined on 5/8/2014The chef who was assigned to our table was absolutely hilarious - he really made the food come alive during our teppenyaki session. The staff was also very attentive throughout the dinner. Highly recommended for a group booking, especially if you have a birthday to celebrate! Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Amazing ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014We did the 6 courses for £29 deal. Well worth it and a good way to try it out first time. Will definitely go back again. I enjoyed every course and struggled to finish it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeKatBRVIPDined on 30/7/2014Great for an evening out with work colleagues, food is nice and fresh and quite reasonable.Special Features:
- Good food, but dearcurlykatieDined on 29/7/2014This isn't the first time I have been to Benihana, and previously I felt the chef put on more of a 'show'. The food was good however, and it was nice that our party of 6 had a table together. We had the deal - 6 courses for £29 which I still think is very dear, not least because the courses aren't that big at all. However, it was my friend's birthday and they sung to him when bringing the dessert out. The fact that I had bought a cake previously and they'd forgotten it, didn't seem to matter! Overall a fun experience, but a little on the expensive side.Special Features:
- Good food - chef's heart not in itDennyDined on 25/7/2014I've been to Benihana on numerous occassions. It is great for big groups and there is a great vibe. If you can get an offer the value for money is really good. Party atmosphere and great for families (can be a little noisy). On this occassion however our chef's heart wasn't really in it, which spoit the experience. This really is about the dining experience as the chef cooks in front of you with tricks and entertainment. Our chef did not really engage with us at all which was a shame.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedJosh1000Dined on 23/7/2014Atmosphere was decent but the food wasn't. Very basic standard of food. I asked for a beer only if there was one very cold in the fridge - I got a beer which was not cold at all. Service was amateurish. The Tepinyaki chef was very good however in terms of his entertaining style - if only the food and service was at the same level.
- Good but improvements neededasiandinerDined on 20/7/2014The way the food was presented; chef cooking in front of the diners were fine, but food presentation and flavour weren't as good. Wished chef had presented the food on a plate so we ( my family and I) could share instead of the food being distributed unevenly. Portion size of Teppanyaki wasn't satisfactory other than the fact the rice portion was massive.Special Features:
- JiheneDined on 17/7/2014Awful service. Chef couldn't aim, we were terrified he'd miss and throw a knife at us. The chef asked one of my friends to open his mouth so he can throw a piece of food in it as a stunt, and trusting a tapenyaki chef my friend did as he told and ended up with a hot piece of egg of the stove in his eye. I wrote to benihana to feed back and got no response. The food was disgusting. The booking rules are awkward as they won't seat the party down until everyone arrives and give your table away if anyone is more than 15min late, even if all but one are there.
- nice spectacle and great fooddanthemanDined on 9/7/2014was there with my wife for our anniversary. the seasonal menu was good value and it was fun watching all the tricks. great for special occassions and group bookings but dont know if i go back that quickly as novelty experience wears off...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benihana not value for moneyAnonDined on 7/7/2014We had the 6 course tasting menu and the food was decidedly average, overall not value for money as the bill at the end was pretty steep. The service was great and I could see kids at other tables really enjoying the experience. I would not recommend for foodies but would for family parties.Special Features:
- An experienceLoulouDined on 4/7/2014This is the first time I'd been to Benihana having had friends rave about it over the years. The food being cooked in front of you is spectacular, however you pay the price. The food is fresh and of great quality, the chef had great charisma and service. I would stress that I don't think it's value for money.Special Features:
- Great experienceMarijaDominykaDined on 3/7/2014We had the £29 deal which was a great choice - a LOT of food (didn't get to finish it all). The chef, Charlie, was AMAZING! Very entertaining and engaging performance. We were lucky as we were the only ones on the table therefore we got to interact with the whole process. Would definitely advise to come here for a special occasion - it was my boyfriend's birthday and the staff actually sang a little Happy Birthday song which was so nice.Special Features:
- Fun fun fun!BenjyDined on 2/7/2014Always love a fun teppanyaki place to eat, and with the current deal that is on (6 courses for £29) this place is a bargain. Great atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2014Been here a few times & each time was excellent. Great Food & service, especially the interaction with the Chef who was cooking our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliceLDined on 24/6/2014Good place to have dinners or lunches either with friends or solo as it is teppenyaki-style. It was entertaining to watch the table chef pull some tricks whilst preparing and cooking the dishes. The only downside to this place is that you will leave with your hair and clothes smelling of fried food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab experience!ChotiDined on 22/6/2014You gotta come here at least once just for the experience. Each table has its own chef and grill where the food is cooked in front of you and with party tricks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good eveneningrbmsDined on 21/6/2014Very much enjoyed the evening - went with friends who had not been to Benihana before, and they enjoyed it tremendously.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2 at 8 pm on fri nightgraceandeilishDined on 20/6/2014Went here for the second time. Was really happy with the service. Great atmosphere. Got the deal of 6 courses for £29. Great value - we had plenty to eat. Very entertaining restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatzDined on 19/6/2014Good food, exciting to have it cooked in front of you! It was a little empty when we arrived but it filled up quite soon and was more lively!Special Features:
- Not impressedFinedining1Dined on 18/6/2014Went here for a intimate meal with my partner & left bitterly disappointed with experience. Night started badly with quite possibly the worst cocktail I have ever tasted. They made a big deal over sending it back despite only having taken a sip. The food was nothing special & I can only assume they charge the price they quote for the show the chef puts on in front of you, as it was distinctly average. I would not recommend to anybody unless they like throwing away good money on poor food.Special Features:
- A great eveninglowelevelVIPDined on 17/6/2014We could not fault this place. The service was excellent, and what an experience. The chefs are hilarious yet unbelievably service minded. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Benihana reviewEllalovesfood1Dined on 15/6/2014Delicious food and amazing entertainment from the very talented chefs. Perfect for all ages. Was my second time and I will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.