37 Sackville Street
London, W1S 3DQNeighbourhood:
JapanesePrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.benihana.co.uk/piccadilly_benihana.html?p=piccadilly
- Phone: 020 7494 2525
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 3pm; 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Benihana Piccadilly
Benihana restaurant in London’s Piccadilly offers a truly unique dining experience. The show-stopping chefs with their dancing knives and witty banter originated in New York in the 60’s and Behihana’s culinary experience has been enjoyed by more than 100 million diners worldwide. Each of Behinana’s large shared table enjoys its own dedicated chef who prepares a light, delicious, many-coursed Japanese meal teppan-yaki style before your eyes while entertaining you with samurai knife skills and a stream of charming patter. You can choose from several kinds of steak, chicken, or seafood and let the chef take care of the rest. Meals at Benihana are terrific fun for families, groups of friends and outings for work teams as well as easy first-date venues. The décor is modern Japanese, smart and minimalist. Service is charming and, if sushi is always part of your Japanese meal, Benihana’s sushi is an excellent example of authentic Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benihana Piccadilly reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since 20 November 2013
special occasions (129)group bookings (128)fit for foodies (54)child friendly (52)pre/post theatre (42)business meals (39)romance (36)good vegetarian options (26)outstanding value (23)sunday lunch (23)disabled access (15)brunch (9)outdoor eating (6)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Birthday MealNormybDined on 9/11/2014Took hubby to Benihana Sackville street and as per usual it didn't disappoint. The food was surpurb. The chef was very entertaining and the service was up to its usual standards. Always a bit pricey, but great for those special occasions. And the birthday singing was bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment and Food fusionTerryDined on 9/11/2014Chef was entertaining as always, I see more tricks have been added. I was quite disappointed that we were added to a table with a family already, and not having a new table for ourselves, after we seated, we saw a couple having a table of their own, so not impressed! Waiting staff was very considerating and always smiles and looking spectacular. Speed and efficient! Food without the promo menu like the one from St Pauls, this is a bit expensive, as the portion isnt really that big, small bowl of rice, the plate that put on the table is huge, but even if everything is placed on it, it will still not be full.Special Features:
- Great fun!Diner95Dined on 4/11/2014I went to Benihana Piccadilly with a group if friends. We were seated once all of our group arrived. The service was attentive and catered to different food requests from us. The tepanyaki show was a lot of fun and the food was good! We went for the 6 course menu for £28 and overall it was good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab eveningKimb4601Dined on 3/11/2014Ive been to Benihana a few times but this was a first for a couple of my friends I took with me on this occassion. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food and it was made even more memorable with such a friendly chef. I'll definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Great experienceLovebirdsDined on 31/10/2014We went to Benihana as a friend recommended we go. It was fun, enjoyable and tasty. The chef out on a good show and interacted with the diners. It was all over in an hour and a half. Time flew and the food was fresh and cooked before your eyes.. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayAnnaGDined on 28/10/2014Booked a table to celebrate my hubby's birthday. We enjoyed it as all staff was friendly and experience is different than other restaurants! I got so pleased when the staff sang happy birthday in English and Japanese to my husband when serving the ice cream - thank you a lot for this surprise! As it was Tuesday we went for the set menu - 6 courses for £29.90; but I realised that if you want to see more Chefs show at the table you should order from A La Carte Menu. Food was very simple, you need like Japanese food and we like it. Chef - Tom - was very funny and entertaining; for me the star was our waiter Sumpei (I don't remember the spelling!!); so polite friendly professional and pleasant at all the time!!Special Features:
- YSSLDined on 26/10/2014Benihana is always fun, we really enjoyed the cocktails and the chef was entertaining. My seven year old loved it! We had to wait an hour before getting served. They should offer cocktails in the house as a courtesy for the poor service. Otherwise not charge the gratuity as the price is quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alright but not worth the hypesaplDined on 23/10/2014I booked the set menu for my boyfriend's birthday last week. We went but got sat right in the corner away from all the "action" and our chef wasn't very interactive and made a lot of mistakes (which of course is understandable) but he didn't seem to want to have fun with us. A lot of the other chefs were interacting with the customers and made it more fun so I think we were just a bit unlucky. With regards to the food, it was ok - I'm not a massive meat eater and the set menu isn't very veggie friendly as you have to choose beef/chicken/salmon/prawn as your main. I'm sure they would accomodate though. The set menu promised 6 courses but these weren't really distinguishable as the food was just put on your plate when it was ready.Special Features:
- PrissyDined on 22/10/2014Had dinner. Benihana amazing as slways . Had set menu. Good value for money. Staff very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience and good foodIcemanDined on 19/10/2014The staff at the restaurant welcomed us friendly and the people at our table were a good company coming from different countries. The service was very good and from the menu you could put together a nice variasion of courses. All the food was very fresh and good and the cook did fine job and added a lot of fun the the evening with his "performance" while cooking. There was a lot of laughter around the table but at the same time everyone seem to enjoy their meal and the evening was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great chef! Great food!LoulouDined on 18/10/2014The meal was great from the drinks to the appetizers to the main and we found some new friends too. The chef was funny and entertaining too. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sun51Dined on 17/10/2014Good food and fresh, exellent staff, warm welcome when we enter the resturant, strongly recommed to go to Benihana. The young pepole in the group just loved the chef! It's not only enjoy good food, it's also having fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySabrina03Dined on 15/10/2014Some friends and I went to celebreate a birthday and everything was great! we will come back.Special Features:
- A novel experienceDillyDined on 14/10/2014Had been for lunch once and really enjoyed it, so took a friend for an evening meal. We were both impressed with the skill of the chef - preparing/cooking food - and the taste of it all was excellent. The added 'bonus' of course, is the tricks the chef performs before/during the cooking, and it's fun to watch your food being cooked. We were surprised that, at what looks fairly small portions, we came away feeling really full up.Special Features:
- Fun, Fun, Fun! Great for groups!DennyDined on 10/10/2014If you can get a deal (you find them often on OpenTable) then value is great. 6 courses for under £30. Lively and fun environment and great for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Group Celebration EveningYumyumDined on 8/10/2014Our first visit to Benihana to celebrate family birthdays and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was tasty, good value and there was plenty of it. The chef and waiters were excellent and really made our evening special and memorable.Special Features:
- Great EntertainmentkingotoksDined on 7/10/2014We loved to food, but the most interesting part are the dancing Chefs... Our chef was very engaging and made our night with his humor and experience. The value deal was fantastic as we had maybe more than the couple next to us for half what they paid.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerPokerfaceDined on 7/10/2014Decided to book my cousins birthday dinner at Benihanas and it was an amazing night, the food was great along with the service, but nothing beats seeing flaming volcanic onionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benihana 30th birthday celebrationlovefoodDined on 6/10/2014We went to Benihana on Monday night for my boyfriend's 30th, it was quite quiet and full of tourists but as it was a Monday it was to be expected. Staff were top rate, really attentive, well mannered and efficient. The chef was quite silly but entertaining and good fun. We did the Opentable deal with six courses and a glass of prosecco for £29, I was a little bit dubious but actually there was lots of food, we ordered scallops as an extra for £6.75 but all in all the portions were good sizes and very tasty. We were particularly impressed with amount of sliced beef and seafood they give you - very good portions. With the prosecco listed as £9.50 on the menu it is a good deal for a special occasion I think!Special Features:
- Delicious food and great atmosphereInayaThinksDined on 5/10/2014The whole family enjoyed a delicious meal cooked for us by our own chef standing by the table. The chef was not only a great cook, but also a great entertainer who kept the children and adults amused throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch at BenihanaenjoyedthedinnerDined on 5/10/2014Having been to Benihana many times over the years the food never disappoints tasty food and good atmosphere and enteraining staffSpecial Features:
- Chaotic!DinerDined on 4/10/2014Really disappointed to arrive on time and then be told they were unsure when table would be ready, and left standingbin packed bar area! After asking every 5 minutes we were eventually taken through to table. Not good enough for expensive / special occasion restaurant. Food good but expensive - you pay for the novelty factor of the show cooking which is entertaining. Would be so much better if front of house operation could be improved.
- It was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/9/2014It wasn't a great start as im a pesceterian i've been told that i have to choose a la carte rather than a set menu. But after talking to the manager has been sorted. It was a great entertainment and good food overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell to GeorgiaSimonDined on 28/9/2014We went to the Piccadilly branch for a farewell lunch for my daughter, about to embark on a year-long trip to the USA. Everything was outstanding; the food and the theatre of the presentation was pure magic. All this for a very reasonable cost. Thank you Benihana!Special Features:
- Fun and noisyFifiDined on 28/9/2014If you want a bit of entertainment with your meal this is the place for you. We had the 6 course set meal which was lovely. It can be quite noisy though so if you want a quiet romantic dinner this is not the place. The chef was very talented and was very entertaining. I would love to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fun!eplauVIPDined on 27/9/2014Brill menu, flavoursome food! Woudl definately return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelaAngelaDined on 25/9/2014We were a group of 6 and had a lot of fun! The chef was very humourous and we were impressed by his dexterity handling the knives! The food was fresh, well cooked, very good and the portions were generous. Overall a great evening. We highly recommend Benihana!Special Features:
- amazing😃mylaDined on 25/9/2014the service is finest, staff are lovely and accomodating. food is fresh and cook in front of you.highly recommended👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerSanusiDined on 21/9/2014it was fun and a very enjoyable experience. Food was lovely and service was great.Special Features:
- Good food -iceeaterDined on 19/9/2014I dined at the Benihana Piccadilly Friday evening with five friends. The food was good, the service also but the japanese chef went a little over the top in his attempt at being fun.Special Features:
- A good birthday mealSaganDined on 18/9/2014Thankfully booked the deal of 6 courses for £29 otherwise this could have been far too expensive. The chef was entertaining and friendly, the food delicious albeit small portions for the price and the atmosphere electric. Staff were a little slow with drinks but otherwise good. I would recommend here for a special occasion and if you like to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.JV132Dined on 11/9/2014From start the finish the experience was amazing, lovely and clean restaurant with a nice ambience. Once seated the waiters gave you enough time to decide for drinks and meals etc. the chef came out was brilliant he was hilarious, interacted with us a lot and made the whole night. The portions were big I was surprised. The restaurant costs quite a bit but it was worth every Penny. I've already recommend 3 people and going back there for and friends birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonkeyDined on 10/9/2014Booked the £29.50 deal for 6 courses. Plenty of food and good quality. A great restaurant for a group of you as lively and entertainingSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceeplauVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fun for friends and family - food is excellent, service is friendly and the experience is very fun every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, and very entertainingMarkDined on 4/9/2014The food was simple delicious, and Marlon our chef was really worth a mention, very funny and extremely entertaining. The whole evening great and I would repeat, maybe I would order less food next time.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerChantellexxDined on 1/9/2014Was a really nice evening we've been before food is nice and a great touch that you can see it cooked in front of you. Not for you if u want privacy because you share a table with other diners which is ok also it's a little bit pricey but we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thier have a lovely staffJhenilDined on 31/8/2014The food is nice, very entertament cheif good service from the waiter is very nice and convenent to set relaxing place very nice, good for funny dinnerSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableEllyDined on 29/8/2014Took our daughter to celebrate starting Year 1! She was thrilled by everything and the staff went out of their way to make it fun and welcoming for her. Food was great too..lots of it though so be mindful when you are ordering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining for special occasionDinner4162Dined on 25/8/2014A lunch or dining experience with a difference where your food is cooked to order by a chef at the table. Fun for kids as the chef throws in a few tricks to entertain. Good quality ingredients, friendly service and set menus as well as more expensive a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceKakdogDined on 24/8/2014The waiters and front of house staff were very rigid about how and when we were seated. A friend was late and we felt very rushed. The food however was great.. the show, fun,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.