37 Sackville Street
London, W1S 3DQNeighbourhood:
JapanesePrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.benihana.co.uk/piccadilly_benihana.html?p=piccadilly
- Phone: 02074942525
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 3pm; 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Benihana Piccadilly
Benihana restaurant in London’s Piccadilly offers a truly unique dining experience. The show-stopping chefs with their dancing knives and witty banter originated in New York in the 60’s and Behihana’s culinary experience has been enjoyed by more than 100 million diners worldwide. Each of Behinana’s large shared table enjoys its own dedicated chef who prepares a light, delicious, many-coursed Japanese meal teppan-yaki style before your eyes while entertaining you with samurai knife skills and a stream of charming patter. You can choose from several kinds of steak, chicken, or seafood and let the chef take care of the rest. Meals at Benihana are terrific fun for families, groups of friends and outings for work teams as well as easy first-date venues. The décor is modern Japanese, smart and minimalist. Service is charming and, if sushi is always part of your Japanese meal, Benihana’s sushi is an excellent example of authentic Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benihana Piccadilly reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since 26 October 2013
group bookings (131)special occasions (129)fit for foodies (55)child friendly (52)business meals (43)pre/post theatre (42)romance (34)good vegetarian options (27)sunday lunch (24)outstanding value (22)disabled access (16)brunch (9)outdoor eating (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Pleasant experience and good foodIcemanDined on 19/10/2014The staff at the restaurant welcomed us friendly and the people at our table were a good company coming from different countries. The service was very good and from the menu you could put together a nice variasion of courses. All the food was very fresh and good and the cook did fine job and added a lot of fun the the evening with his "performance" while cooking. There was a lot of laughter around the table but at the same time everyone seem to enjoy their meal and the evening was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sun51Dined on 17/10/2014Good food and fresh, exellent staff, warm welcome when we enter the resturant, strongly recommed to go to Benihana. The young pepole in the group just loved the chef! It's not only enjoy good food, it's also having fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySabrina03Dined on 15/10/2014Some friends and I went to celebreate a birthday and everything was great! we will come back.Special Features:
- A novel experienceDillyDined on 14/10/2014Had been for lunch once and really enjoyed it, so took a friend for an evening meal. We were both impressed with the skill of the chef - preparing/cooking food - and the taste of it all was excellent. The added 'bonus' of course, is the tricks the chef performs before/during the cooking, and it's fun to watch your food being cooked. We were surprised that, at what looks fairly small portions, we came away feeling really full up.Special Features:
- Fun, Fun, Fun! Great for groups!DennyDined on 10/10/2014If you can get a deal (you find them often on OpenTable) then value is great. 6 courses for under £30. Lively and fun environment and great for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Group Celebration EveningYumyumDined on 8/10/2014Our first visit to Benihana to celebrate family birthdays and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was tasty, good value and there was plenty of it. The chef and waiters were excellent and really made our evening special and memorable.Special Features:
- Great EntertainmentkingotoksDined on 7/10/2014We loved to food, but the most interesting part are the dancing Chefs... Our chef was very engaging and made our night with his humor and experience. The value deal was fantastic as we had maybe more than the couple next to us for half what they paid.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerPokerfaceDined on 7/10/2014Decided to book my cousins birthday dinner at Benihanas and it was an amazing night, the food was great along with the service, but nothing beats seeing flaming volcanic onionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benihana 30th birthday celebrationlovefoodDined on 6/10/2014We went to Benihana on Monday night for my boyfriend's 30th, it was quite quiet and full of tourists but as it was a Monday it was to be expected. Staff were top rate, really attentive, well mannered and efficient. The chef was quite silly but entertaining and good fun. We did the Opentable deal with six courses and a glass of prosecco for £29, I was a little bit dubious but actually there was lots of food, we ordered scallops as an extra for £6.75 but all in all the portions were good sizes and very tasty. We were particularly impressed with amount of sliced beef and seafood they give you - very good portions. With the prosecco listed as £9.50 on the menu it is a good deal for a special occasion I think!Special Features:
- Delicious food and great atmosphereInayaThinksDined on 5/10/2014The whole family enjoyed a delicious meal cooked for us by our own chef standing by the table. The chef was not only a great cook, but also a great entertainer who kept the children and adults amused throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch at BenihanaenjoyedthedinnerDined on 5/10/2014Having been to Benihana many times over the years the food never disappoints tasty food and good atmosphere and enteraining staffSpecial Features:
- Chaotic!DinerDined on 4/10/2014Really disappointed to arrive on time and then be told they were unsure when table would be ready, and left standingbin packed bar area! After asking every 5 minutes we were eventually taken through to table. Not good enough for expensive / special occasion restaurant. Food good but expensive - you pay for the novelty factor of the show cooking which is entertaining. Would be so much better if front of house operation could be improved.
- It was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/9/2014It wasn't a great start as im a pesceterian i've been told that i have to choose a la carte rather than a set menu. But after talking to the manager has been sorted. It was a great entertainment and good food overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell to GeorgiaSimonDined on 28/9/2014We went to the Piccadilly branch for a farewell lunch for my daughter, about to embark on a year-long trip to the USA. Everything was outstanding; the food and the theatre of the presentation was pure magic. All this for a very reasonable cost. Thank you Benihana!Special Features:
- Fun and noisyFifiDined on 28/9/2014If you want a bit of entertainment with your meal this is the place for you. We had the 6 course set meal which was lovely. It can be quite noisy though so if you want a quiet romantic dinner this is not the place. The chef was very talented and was very entertaining. I would love to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fun!eplauVIPDined on 27/9/2014Brill menu, flavoursome food! Woudl definately return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelaAngelaDined on 25/9/2014We were a group of 6 and had a lot of fun! The chef was very humourous and we were impressed by his dexterity handling the knives! The food was fresh, well cooked, very good and the portions were generous. Overall a great evening. We highly recommend Benihana!Special Features:
- amazing😃mylaDined on 25/9/2014the service is finest, staff are lovely and accomodating. food is fresh and cook in front of you.highly recommended👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerSanusiDined on 21/9/2014it was fun and a very enjoyable experience. Food was lovely and service was great.Special Features:
- Good food -iceeaterDined on 19/9/2014I dined at the Benihana Piccadilly Friday evening with five friends. The food was good, the service also but the japanese chef went a little over the top in his attempt at being fun.Special Features:
- A good birthday mealSaganDined on 18/9/2014Thankfully booked the deal of 6 courses for £29 otherwise this could have been far too expensive. The chef was entertaining and friendly, the food delicious albeit small portions for the price and the atmosphere electric. Staff were a little slow with drinks but otherwise good. I would recommend here for a special occasion and if you like to try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.JV132Dined on 11/9/2014From start the finish the experience was amazing, lovely and clean restaurant with a nice ambience. Once seated the waiters gave you enough time to decide for drinks and meals etc. the chef came out was brilliant he was hilarious, interacted with us a lot and made the whole night. The portions were big I was surprised. The restaurant costs quite a bit but it was worth every Penny. I've already recommend 3 people and going back there for and friends birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonkeyDined on 10/9/2014Booked the £29.50 deal for 6 courses. Plenty of food and good quality. A great restaurant for a group of you as lively and entertainingSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceeplauVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fun for friends and family - food is excellent, service is friendly and the experience is very fun every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, and very entertainingMarkDined on 4/9/2014The food was simple delicious, and Marlon our chef was really worth a mention, very funny and extremely entertaining. The whole evening great and I would repeat, maybe I would order less food next time.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerChantellexxDined on 1/9/2014Was a really nice evening we've been before food is nice and a great touch that you can see it cooked in front of you. Not for you if u want privacy because you share a table with other diners which is ok also it's a little bit pricey but we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thier have a lovely staffJhenilDined on 31/8/2014The food is nice, very entertament cheif good service from the waiter is very nice and convenent to set relaxing place very nice, good for funny dinnerSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableEllyDined on 29/8/2014Took our daughter to celebrate starting Year 1! She was thrilled by everything and the staff went out of their way to make it fun and welcoming for her. Food was great too..lots of it though so be mindful when you are ordering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining for special occasionDinner4162Dined on 25/8/2014A lunch or dining experience with a difference where your food is cooked to order by a chef at the table. Fun for kids as the chef throws in a few tricks to entertain. Good quality ingredients, friendly service and set menus as well as more expensive a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceKakdogDined on 24/8/2014The waiters and front of house staff were very rigid about how and when we were seated. A friend was late and we felt very rushed. The food however was great.. the show, fun,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 20/8/2014Service was really bad, our chief was new and as such had no where near the skills as some of the neibouring tables. Food was really basic, could of made it myself at home...Special Features:
- Supper & EntertainmentbrokendownmaseratiDined on 15/8/2014We chose Benihana as a treat for our children and were not disappointed. The hibachi chef was endlessly entertaining and got lots of oohs and aahs from all the family. The food is very fresh, high quality, rapidly cooked and tasty. As a crowd pleaser you can't go wrong. Given that you both eat and are entertained, the early evening set menu is reasonable value, and gives the opportunity to add a variety of Japanese side dishes. The menu has been the same for decades, and the wines are a bit rough, but don't let that put you off. This is fun dining, not fine dining.Special Features:
- Fun for allJonnydDined on 10/8/2014Great food. Great fun. Great service. Can't go wrong going hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funAmandaDined on 8/8/2014Another great experience at Benihana, we went for my Dad's birthday and they even put a candle in his dessert and sang happy birthday, took a picture and printed it as a card. The food and cocktails were good too!Special Features:
- Great experience at BenihanamindthegabDined on 6/8/2014It was my first time going to Benihana. I surprised a friend for her birthday and it was simply great. It is truely something different and a great experience. Really good when you want to see something new and have a nice show aswell. It is quite pricy, but it was worth. I had a tuna steak, some sushi makis as well as a cheese cake desert. Everything was really good. Looking forward to go here again. The service was great, actually he was outstandingly kind to be honest. Thanks Benihana!Special Features:
- Great service, atmosphere !iamkelvinleeDined on 5/8/2014The chef who was assigned to our table was absolutely hilarious - he really made the food come alive during our teppenyaki session. The staff was also very attentive throughout the dinner. Highly recommended for a group booking, especially if you have a birthday to celebrate! Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Amazing ValueSharleenDined on 1/8/2014We did the 6 courses for £29 deal. Well worth it and a good way to try it out first time. Will definitely go back again. I enjoyed every course and struggled to finish it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeKatBRVIPDined on 30/7/2014Great for an evening out with work colleagues, food is nice and fresh and quite reasonable.Special Features:
- Good food, but dearcurlykatieDined on 29/7/2014This isn't the first time I have been to Benihana, and previously I felt the chef put on more of a 'show'. The food was good however, and it was nice that our party of 6 had a table together. We had the deal - 6 courses for £29 which I still think is very dear, not least because the courses aren't that big at all. However, it was my friend's birthday and they sung to him when bringing the dessert out. The fact that I had bought a cake previously and they'd forgotten it, didn't seem to matter! Overall a fun experience, but a little on the expensive side.Special Features:
- Good food - chef's heart not in itDennyDined on 25/7/2014I've been to Benihana on numerous occassions. It is great for big groups and there is a great vibe. If you can get an offer the value for money is really good. Party atmosphere and great for families (can be a little noisy). On this occassion however our chef's heart wasn't really in it, which spoit the experience. This really is about the dining experience as the chef cooks in front of you with tricks and entertainment. Our chef did not really engage with us at all which was a shame.Special Features: