Big Easy Covent Garden
12 Maiden Lane
London, WC2E 7NANeighbourhood:
AmericanPrice: £25 and under
Big Easy Covent Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigeasycoventgarden.co.uk/
- Phone: 02037284888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Staurday - 12 noon - 12am
Sunday 12 noon - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We don’t think good times are complete without some great live music so we feature a collective of some of London’s most talented blues musicians playing 2 or 3 sets nightly up to 1am.
A word from Big Easy Covent Garden
BBQ & Crabshack. We're a local institution, with an international following. Home smoked BBQ, Fresh flown in lobster, Steaks, Margaritas & Music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Big Easy Covent Garden - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Big Easy Covent Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
1236 reviews since 25 October 2013
group bookings (658)fit for foodies (461)special occasions (445)pre/post theatre (355)outstanding value (291)child friendly (142)sunday lunch (129)brunch (109)romance (103)business meals (80)disabled access (56)outdoor eating (17)afternoon tea (12)good vegetarian options (11)Show More
- bit annoyed with booking & waitingmanosDined on 23/10/2014In general there is a very nice atmosphere and staff is friendly and polite - this time it was ok but not amazing - i think the quality of service has started to get affected by the large number of people - although we had a booking we had to wait for 15 minutes. Moving the reception right at the entrance and not in the corridor where it was does not help - all people are packed blocking the entranceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lobstersmj82Dined on 22/10/2014The place has an amazing ambience and its buzzing. The food is very good but the service could be improved. The reservation team gave us an ordinary table despite the note that it was our anniversary and we wanted a good table, instead we were seated right by the staff entrance where the noise was even bigger . We felt rushed and few things were missing in the menu so perhaps the waitress could tell us this in advance . Also big lobster board saying the catch of the day where nothing was available since the previous month so again note to the manager to keep the place updated. Overall the lobster is a good value where you get a drink included when you order lobster fest. I would only recommend this place to a groups rather than couples.Special Features:
- Great lively and fun restaurantTezzaBJDined on 22/10/2014Wasn't expecting how lively and exciting the atmosphere was. Starters arrived within 5 minutes of us ordering. My partner had the BBQ chicken wings which were delicious and smokey and I had the voodoo shrimp with blue cheese sauce. We both had steaks for mains me sirloin on the bone and her fillet. Both were cooked to perfection with fries and slaw and I pushed the boat out with a side of lobster. We were so full there was no chance of sampling the desserts so we finished with coffee. Everywhere you looked there were happy, smiling people having a great time. Cost wise it was pricey but we were celebrating and ordered the most expensive options. Would thoroughly recommend.Special Features:
- BIG EASYHungrydogDined on 22/10/2014Very good service, quick and polite. Food is as described on the menu and is good. Its served hot and portion sizes are good. The pulled pork sandwich is superb and really stuffed with meat and great value. The lobster roll, by comparison, was a little disappointing. Previous experience at the Big Easy tells me that the lobster is better from its shell than from the roll. The restaurant can get quite noisy as it fills up so its not ideal for business entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not greatDizziDined on 21/10/2014table was not ready on time, standing & waiting in busy bar where couldn't get served for a long time ca. 15-20mins. Request for free drinks was met with flat refusal on 'company policy'. When table ready some confusion over bringing drinks from bar. Food rather good although not as authentic as advertised: carolina pulled pork was not quite the real 'carolina' style (my husband is from there), but it was tasty. However staff were friendly, decor is fab, manhattan perfect, and i'll go back, while hoping they sort a few things out. Another really annoying thing: would not allow us to book a table in person, at the restaurant, were told to go away and do it online - really!?Special Features:
- Awful serviceChuckieowlDined on 19/10/2014I came here with big expectations of a Southern BBQ with American standard restaurant service. How wrong was I! It was expensive, slow service, average food and they had the cheek to add 12.5% service charge to the bill. Our starter, the Grand appetizer platter came missing two items. We had to go to the front of house to get this rectified because our waitress went missing, in fact she made a point of avoiding us for some reason. The food arrived before our drinks order, the mains arrived and we ordered more drinks at that point but had to chase them down again. When confronted with the bill I asked for the service charge to be removed and then had to 'justify' my reasons to the Manager and General Manager. Won't be going back here.Special Features:
- Amazing setting and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 19/10/2014Super cool american restaurant with great bar area, trendy decor nd delicious burgers,steaks and seafood Try the starter seafood platter with crab, lobster and prawns - so fresh and excellent valueSpecial Features:
- Service let downCheeseLadyDined on 18/10/2014Great food, Great atmosphere, Good value, Poor service. To cut a long story short - there were multiple communication breakdowns between the check in team and we were forgotten about, so were waiting for 30 minutes before being shown to our table (no apology or acknowledgement of our wait provided). I was really happy to sit down and start our meal, but again the service was really slow - I ordered a drink when our starter was being cleared and it arrived just after our mains had been taken away! I really enjoyed the experience and the food but wouldnt go back because the service was so disappointing. I'd recommend going but try to eat 'out of hours' as that might improve the service experience.Special Features:
- AverageSurreygirlDined on 18/10/2014Took my son and a friend for his 13th birthday. When booking I mentioned that it was his birthday but nothing was said to him at all. Food was ok but no guidance on volume. We ordered 2 starter platters for 4 people - way too much food! A good waiter would suggest that one was enough . I wouldnt return on this experience.
- LobtasticT4r4zDined on 17/10/2014The staff were great and accommodating to our needs (sitting) when three of our guests were running late. The waiter had good knowledge of the food and was attentive. The food was great very filling , tasty and moorish xxSpecial Features:
- very very goodgj2019Dined on 17/10/2014The whole experience from start to finish was excellent. The potions are large, the chicken was particularly nice with a smokey apple wood taste!! The desserts was nice as well was the beer. All what I was wishing for can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eatJodoDined on 17/10/2014Enjoyable place to eat. Food may not be amazing but it is fun to eat there. The daily specials are good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHMT86Dined on 16/10/2014Cool bar area whilst waiting for our table, service was good and friendly, food delicious, bit loud. Overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/10/2014Everything was great apart from the 2 hour time limit and the waitress standing over us to leave, quite rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialNickDined on 15/10/2014Typical bbq place with very high prices. Good was tasty, beers were 6 pounds a pints and atmosphere was wearySpecial Features:
- Immersive and Classy!HendrixDined on 15/10/2014I honestly cannot fault this place! It really feels like you've walked into another world. I had a whole lobster with mussels to start and everything was delicious.....PLUS I got a free bib - amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokinBbqkendawgDined on 15/10/2014Loved it , great food and service ! Turned up early, not a problem....food was brilliant and loads of it ! Had to get a doggie bag?...Special Features:
- PingDined on 15/10/2014Good casual dining. Lovely food for a good price.Special Features:
- The Latest OutingDSimpsonDined on 14/10/2014I love dining at Big Easy, me and my friend dine here regally. However the attitude towards from the reception team was un called for, being a receptionist myself I wouldn't treat someone in such away. After this, and getting downstairs to our table the service was great as usual all members of the downstairs team were quick to service us, very polite and happy to help. Just a shame the way we felt as soon as we sat down. The food as always is great, great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDavidDined on 14/10/2014Very impressed. Great decor, food, service & price (especially the £10 lunch/late night menu)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceGreenwich33Dined on 14/10/2014LOVE the limitless daily offers! have been on the Tuesday shrimp day twice now! and great for birthdays too with the lunch deal!Special Features:
- Big & easyOllyVIPDined on 14/10/2014Great food with amazing offers! Nice relaxed atmosphere, would definitely recommend for group bookings or just relaxed lunch / dinner with a few friends.Special Features:
- Pricey tasty food and fab service!verypicky2pleaseDined on 13/10/2014Besides the food arriving not 5 minutes after we arrived, we ordered from the bog standard set menu, the staff were attentive and joyful all evening. Was it because we were there before the evening rush? Maybe and therefore I suggest getting there before 7 pm and watching the evening fill up and add ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest!KeinxerikaDined on 12/10/2014Originally had booking for 7:30 however we were already in the resto and hungry at 6:45 so asked if we can already have a table and the staff gladly gave us one. Our lady server is awesome! She is very attentive and making sure everything is okay. I really appreciated her efforts in serving the customers. The food we ordered (Lobster Fest) with garlic butter was amazing. Maybe you can get a bigger lobster if you're really hungry because the 1.5lbs lobster seemed to be only enough for people with moderate appetite. I personally felt just the right fullness but my partner felt he needed more. The place was a bit noisy too. I hope they put better music not competing with the noise of the crowd..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bbq in LondonChitownDined on 12/10/2014A little hard to find on a very small tucked away street but well worth the trouble. Beautiful big plates of delicious ribs, pulled pork and lobster they also have a nice lobster roll. But get one of the combo plates so you can try multiple things.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soap for sause?Joe1986Dined on 12/10/2014After two of us using a mustard bottle that had washing up liquid in it instead of mustard the manager seemed more concerned with what we would be willing to pay for over trying to make it up to us, was very upsetting. Not to mention that they also put us on a very small table for 4 people when we booked on opentable for 5. Ruined our family meal out.Special Features:
- Wear your stretchy pants!runtoeatDined on 12/10/2014Had a great time here after running the royal parks half marathon... Portions are HUGE so make sure you don't over order but be prepared to gwt your feast on! For sharing I'd recommend the Bar B Q main. SO good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialBeautilious25Dined on 11/10/2014Waitress was really welcoming, pleasant & friendly. Can't wait to go back as food was fabulous!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJoannasolihullDined on 11/10/2014We were seated immediately and were served by a friendly efficient waiter. Our food arrived promptly and was delicious. Looking forward to our next visit already!I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely ambianceDuffersDined on 11/10/2014we enjoyed a lovely birthday meal, had excellent service and good food.Special Features:
- Steak and LobstermatkDined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I recently visited The Big Easy for the first time on Friday night. She had the Pulled Pork burger and I had Rib eye steak with half a lobster. Both meals were outstanding and the service was good. I would recommend the restaurant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster great!floraDined on 9/10/2014seafood lover would love this resaurant!we three people tried the mussles,squils and shrimp!so lovely!Special Features:
- A ma zingMGonaDined on 9/10/2014Its a great place to have dinner, wide variety of selection, good atmosphere and fast service! Fully recomended!Special Features:
- Best for group bookingsPayneDined on 9/10/2014Don't expect amazing steak and lobster for £21, but remember you also get a cocktail with that, fries and live music. Great for an evening with friendsSpecial Features:
- BBQ restaurant charge for BBQ sauceElleDined on 9/10/2014Yes that's right- there's a £2 charge for BBQ sauce at this place which is think is outrageous. I didnt order any in the end so cant tell you how it tastes. All in all, the steak and lobster was good and the ambiance was lively. The only other issues we had was the bartender was insistant he make us a 'bartender special' when we ordered cocktails awaiting our friends - but when the bill came they charged for every item contained in the cocktail - even gomme syrup - so order off the menu as it's cheaper.
- BoisterouslesleyDined on 8/10/2014This is a loud, busy and fast moving restaurant. The portions are big and good quality food. The aim is to eat and move on. Good for an hour, not easy for relaxed conversation. Its a busy place, but the staff were unfailing helpful and polite.Special Features:
- StuffedRhiannonfoodieDined on 7/10/2014Food was amazing, food portions were huge. Would definitely return in the future cocktails were not as great as expected - but don't let that turn you off. They have so much to offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnpersönlichRomyDined on 7/10/2014Leider ohne jeden charme. Sehr unpersönlich - wie eine Abfertigungshalle. So ist leider auch der Food.Special Features:
- Second visit and still impressed.ScragDined on 6/10/2014Took my wife for her birthday she had not been before. Food was great as expected. Limitless BBQ didn't even need seconds. Music was a bit loud when trying to talk. Service was excellent although slightly over attentive and felt like we were being watched, creepy. Great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceLoverOfFood2014Dined on 5/10/2014Good service friendly staff! Authentic Decor! Will go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.