Big Easy Covent Garden
12 Maiden Lane
London, WC2E 7NANeighbourhood:
AmericanPrice: £25 and under
Big Easy Covent Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigeasycoventgarden.co.uk/
- Phone: 02037284888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Staurday - 12 noon - 12am
Sunday 12 noon - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We don’t think good times are complete without some great live music so we feature a collective of some of London’s most talented blues musicians playing 2 or 3 sets nightly up to 1am.
A word from Big Easy Covent Garden
BBQ & Crabshack. We're a local institution, with an international following. Home smoked BBQ, Fresh flown in lobster, Steaks, Margaritas & Music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Big Easy Covent Garden - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Big Easy Covent Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
1036 reviews since 23 May 2014
group bookings (552)fit for foodies (391)special occasions (378)pre/post theatre (287)outstanding value (247)child friendly (120)sunday lunch (113)brunch (87)romance (87)business meals (67)disabled access (52)outdoor eating (15)afternoon tea (10)good vegetarian options (10)Show More
- Great Food, bad table allocationastretDined on 17/9/2014The food and ambiance at this place is great, but even with a booked table their queuing system is a horrendous failure, and we were only seated 20 minutes after our booked time after they accidentally seated another group at our table.Special Features:
- Paying for the atmosphereNotamoodyfoodieDined on 17/9/2014You don't feel like you're in London - the music and the decor is brilliant, if not a little Disney. However the device was rude from start to finish - constantly trying to get you to order (we were asked to order three times before they even brought our drinks) and were told to leave if we weren't ordering dessert. In addition, the food was not even average - portion proportions were wrong and the meat just wasn't that tasty or tender. Won't be going back and do not recommend .
- Service needs to be improvedTheatreloverDined on 17/9/2014This was the 2nd time I'd been to The Big Easy & I was expecting the same great experience as last time but unfortunately the waiter let things down. When you arrive you are reminded that you have your table for 2 hours, we were then reminded again by the waiter as soon as we sat down at our table. That's ok, most people don't need 2 hours to eat a meal but from then on we we're constantly rushed & it was very off putting. When the food arrived I felt like the waiter was hovering to take our plates away before I'd even started!! As soon as the first person in our party had finished he started to clear the plate away & we had to ask him to wait until we'd all finished. The food though was fantastic as it was before, no complaints thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....but the serviceCroquettefanDined on 17/9/2014Our first visit was welcomed with an expected 1 hour wait( with an additional 45minute delay). We were forgotten about which isn't the nicest feeling. The second visit for lunch was much more successful with a table booked in advance. The food is always great but the service is bit hit and miss. The staff are definitely nice but my lobster roll combo meal was just a lobster roll and fries. They had forgotten the "meal" part of the combo so missed the salad and drink. The food is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone. Just be prepared to be a little more patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good value for moneyWestwood91Dined on 15/9/2014My boyfriend and I went for the Big Pig Gig and loved it. The food was incredible as was the atmosphere. Service was polite and rapid but we had to remind the team of our drinks order - that's the only small complaint (and the staff quickly brought it over afterwards so all was well in the end!) Overall a great evening :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SazyHDined on 15/9/2014After having been to Big Easy on kings road we thought we would try Covent Garden. Amazing atmosphere, tables maybe a little too close together!! Fantastically stocked bar and an extensive menu. We went for the Monday night BBQ reload. Great value with a drink as well but we did find the meat rather on the fatty side and maybe a bit too smokey for our taste. We are big foodies and have big appetites and we couldn't even finish our first plateful so as portions go they have it pretty sussed! Desert was delicious, waffles and strawberries served with ice cream!! Over all we would give it 4/5, I would definately go back 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchmanzelDined on 14/9/2014It was our first time to dine in this resto and absolutely enjoyed it. They have served the food very quickly. The only thing I didn't like is the size of the table as it was too small for us.Special Features:
- Disappointed!JeffDined on 13/9/2014Ate there late evening Saturday 13/9/2014. There was a delay with the table - which was in the basement - being ready for us. Then discovered that the gents' loo was completely out of order, so we had to go back to ground floor reception, collect a key and use the disabled toilet. There seemed to be too few waiting staff, as service was very slow indeed, so slow in fact that we became concerned about catching a train home! This is the first time since 1999 that I have refused to leave a tip/pay a service charge. Disappointing, as last time I ate at Big Easy Covent Garden the service was great and the steak was more tender & tasty. Work needed to bring back up to the standard of the King's Road restaurant.
- The big easy covent gardenTrudyMcFoodieDined on 13/9/2014The portions are huge and the food is really good but the service wasn't great on Saturday night. Drink orders got forgotten quite a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BECV Leaked on by god knows whatGMF11Dined on 12/9/2014Everything was great apart from although booking ahead we were seated under a leaky air con duct which was dripping over our table clothing and drinks. These drips could have been condensation, sweat?!? Who knows? Service was poor although I can understand it was very busy, we had to ask for drinks twice and water never materialized. Other than that the food is exceptional and exceeded all expectations. We will maybe try the one in Fulham next time hopefully won't get leaked on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value, food and service.luvlobsterDined on 12/9/2014My second time here, love this place. The lobster fest deal is amazing value for money, yummy food, great service, what more could anyone want ! You need to book in advance. I would highly recommend The Big Easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onadmimiDined on 12/9/2014food is awesome. staff were very helpful snd accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome birthday dinnerblairmcintoshDined on 11/9/2014Visited for my 18th birthday dinner on the 11th september. Everything from the food through to the interior was incredible. It had such an american vibe to it and all the staff were so helpful to make sure everything was as good as it could be. Will definitely be back next time i'm in LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjiminyDined on 11/9/2014Lobster and beer. Great value and good service. Thursdays have a steak & lobster, chips, salad and beer for £20. Like two meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK N LOBSTER NIGHTMattDined on 11/9/2014Steak and lobster were delicious. The brew was welcome too!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent food, service was a bit average as we had dined at the Big Easy Chelsea and had exceptional service and great ambience. I would recommend the Chelsea restaurant over Covent GardensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is good except for foodRainDined on 10/9/2014Amazing atmosphere and decoration in the restaurant, great music, service was good too. The only down point is the food! I ordered the Lobster bake. The portion was so generous as it has half a lobster, two crab claws and loads of mussels. Unfortunately, the seafood is not fresh at all, especially the crab. The lobster was quite chhewy and small-sign of overcooked. My friend ordered the pork ribs. It's not soft enough and the meet wasn't marinated properly.Special Features:
- Plenty of Meat, not much taste..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Went for the lunch special, Popcorn Shrimp to start followed by BBQ pork sandwitch with fries. The Popcorn shrimp was awful, bland dry taste - not recommended.. The BBQ sandwich was stock full of meat, but somewhat lacking in taste.. Venue looks cool and when full it really does have atmosphere, however we arrived just as it was opening and the place was to cold and felt huge and empty. Overall, it was ok.Special Features:
- BuzzingDJHMOULSOEDined on 9/9/2014For a restaurant to be sold out on a Tuesday night is a reflection of this eateries popularity. If you don't book expect to not get in. The place is buzzing. Wait staff hustle : diners are given two hours at their table: conversation is loud . The atmosphere is more Miami club scene than British restaurant. The food is good and well presented. And like the vibe the portions are American style. Drinks are overpriced but overall it was a good experience. And our bright and smiley waitress added to the positives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterThrowAwayBEDined on 9/9/2014Probably more of a 2.5 out of 5 because the food is tasty, especially the shellfish. Main issue I've had having been two times is very slow service. Not sure if they were short staffed on this occasion but it took at least 20 minutes to get some drinks, (first world problems and all that, maybe the pay is terrible, or it's a horrible place to work, so they can't keep or retain staff but it's not a well run restaurant for the cost). It isn't a cheap in-and-out place, so I expected that for the money we paid (£32 per head), there'd be swift service. On the other hand the decor is good, wood panelling, spectacular bar, open BBQ kitchen area (so it smells great, if you like the smell of meat and fish being cooked on a BBQ), and ther'sSpecial Features:
- limitless shrimp tuesdayfridaysdatesDined on 9/9/2014I have been to Big Easy a lot of times before on their thursday deal (lobster, steak, fries and cocktail for £20) which is awesome. Tuesday's deal (limitless shrimp) was tasty but not up to the same standards i think! Also, it is the 3rd time in a row that we had to wait more than 20minutes for our table to be ready.. As always, very nice environment and live music :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience but be quick.ScragDined on 9/9/2014Booked a table for a reunion with friends who hadn't met up for some months. Food was great, service was attentive without being intrusive. But we had to be out in 2 hours, even had a reminder 5 mins from time. Didn't like feeling under pressure. 4//5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to remember.DoughboyDined on 8/9/2014This is the second time we have eaten in this BE. We like the Kings Road restaurant but were in town and eating in Covent Garden was convenient. We ate here once before and weren't happy with the table upstairs and in the narrow part of the restaurant. Despite this we booked again and were sat to the side of the band. They were brilliant, we were there at 8 and staid for the whole set. The table had plenty of room, some looked a bit cramped. Two of us had all you can eat BBQ and we didn't need anymore than the first plate, we were stuffed. The food is always good at BE, it's BBQ, great if you like BBQ, not if you don't. We will certainly be back. The staff were all happy and fun.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere,food controversialulalumeDined on 8/9/2014The place itself is great, hardly to believe this exists in the middle of CV! The staff were very helpful and accommodating and the main 'attraction' the unlimited meat platters were overgenerous. However those of us that got burgers, both meaty and the veggie one were very disappointed; I wish i had got the lobster or something else from the bbq menu as they seem they know how to do these great!. But half of us were left very disappointed by the food. I would suggest the menu should focus on the their strengths and not offer the rest if they are not to be sub-standard. Saying this though, we had a lovely time, and the staff were more than great so overall a good experience. Just choose from the bbq / lobster options and enjoy the excess!
- A Lovely Evening With Good Good!TishywishyDined on 8/9/2014A very nice restuarant! I ordered the lobster and I must say it was delicious- u must must must try it!! Only negative was the wait between tye starter and main course. The waitress was cery apologetic. Otherwise amazing!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent variety of foodozzyDined on 7/9/2014Besides the exxcellent we enjoyed the live music and song tooSpecial Features:
- over all goodBudZeeDined on 7/9/2014BBQ meat was fab but lobster was a bit over done and not very hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday 06/09/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014The food was excellent as was the service, we were a party of six and all of us enjoyed our meals. Would recommend, good value for moneySpecial Features:
- Some Reservationsmarksw3960Dined on 6/9/2014Given the quality of food and drink on offer I would not say unduly expensive but certainly not a bill (on a Saturday) at least for the faint hearted. The Colonel Parker milkshake was exceptional! The two drawbacks were the lack of even an offer of a jug of iced water. This mainstay of US cuisine never translates to the UK yet costs nothing. No american style restaurant can truly claim to be so until it masters this basic, Secondly the rush to clear the table and get us out? I know it says two hours when one books but the gaps in serving were not down to our party. We had to wait for the order to be taken, and between starter and main. By all means set a time limit but don't hassle people out when you can't provide an efficient service.Special Features:
- I would never returnDonaldduckDined on 5/9/2014The place was so noisy like and you could nor really enjoy. The service was good and the food was good as well
- Great foodAndyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Fast efficient service coupled with great American style food. Everything tasted delicious. Will be looking for a return visit in the near futureSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Perfect venue for meeting friends for a catch-up, good food (and plenty of it) very good value for money, huge portions and the waiter explained the menu to us in detail and was extremely pleasant about it too. Good atmosphere and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Not as good as Sloane Square branchMannyngoDined on 4/9/2014Having been to Big Easy at Sloane Square I had an expectation that the food would taste as delicious as it was there. The Covent Garden branch looks amazing and styled very well, staff were friendly and food came quickly. I had the lobster roll and so did my friend however she wasn't offered either jacket potato or chips like they do at Sloane Square and the lobster roll lacked the special sauce. Overall the food was good but not as great as it wa at Sloane Square AND it was more expensive even though it's the same meal I had at the other branch. I would still recommend to others 'aybe other dishes are better but I won't be returning to the Covent Garden branch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Food Food & BeerfeedthegoatDined on 3/9/2014loved this place great location, fun atmosphere & great deals had so much awesome food and superb Beer will be going back again very very soon.Special Features:
- A place for seafoodCheCheDined on 2/9/2014Seafood is good at Big Easy but I felt the BBQ meat was dry. The main down point that evening was the poor service. We spent many times trying to find a staff to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favourite for this LDN foodie!Belleo33Dined on 2/9/2014Absolutely the best find in London. Great atmosphere, the food is so delicious it makes you want more stomachs! The service is so friendly, making a mega cool and relaxed atmosphere. The bar is beautiful with lovely staff mixing up killer cocktails... Just FAB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicemeateaterDined on 2/9/2014We only had an hour for lunch. The staff were amazing and really helpful. The food was even more amazing. We would definitely go back in fact we are trying to organize something now. I have told everyone i know about it. I have two friends going to try it out next month.Special Features:
- what is the fuzz about?Kitu26Dined on 1/9/2014So Big Easy was recommended by my colleagues. Took my husband there for his birthday as he is a big meat lover. Had a very warm welcome, but mood went down on a second I spotted a table we were being seated! It was between other couples barely having any personal space! I guess I can't complain too much about that as it's quite common in UK. As a starter we ordered the shrimps, which were delicious! For main we ordered a Monday special and pulled pork! Both meals were okay but not as delicious as we hoped for. And waffle - definitely not my cup of tea! It tasted a bit like it was made of cookie tough. I will go and taste the lobster! Oh by the way I heard 2 guys next to me also wondering why do they make it sound so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat and lots of it!DTAgDined on 1/9/2014The Covent Garden Restaurant is a lively, fun venue. The server was very helpful, knowledgable and the food was quick. The food was not piping hot but that is mentioned in the menu and is part of the cooking process. We ordered the £9.95 pre-6pm deal (a drink, starter and a main each) and couldnt finish it, which is unheard of! The chicken wings were great, the burger was good but I would recommend the chicken and the ribs. Fun, delicious and make sure you are hungry - fantastic value, enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lobsterBdaygirlDined on 1/9/2014We ordered the lobster fest and baked lobster which were really good. We would definitely come back for the lobster.😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.