Big Easy Covent Garden
12 Maiden Lane
London, WC2E 7NANeighbourhood:
AmericanPrice: £25 and under
Big Easy Covent Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigeasycoventgarden.co.uk/
- Phone: 02037284888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Staurday - 12 noon - 12am
Sunday 12 noon - 10.30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We don’t think good times are complete without some great live music so we feature a collective of some of London’s most talented blues musicians playing 2 or 3 sets nightly up to 1am.
A word from Big Easy Covent Garden
BBQ & Crabshack. We're a local institution, with an international following. Home smoked BBQ, Fresh flown in lobster, Steaks, Margaritas & Music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Big Easy Covent Garden - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Big Easy Covent Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
1270 reviews since 30 October 2013
group bookings (676)fit for foodies (472)special occasions (454)pre/post theatre (359)outstanding value (298)child friendly (144)sunday lunch (132)brunch (111)romance (107)business meals (84)disabled access (57)outdoor eating (17)afternoon tea (12)good vegetarian options (11)Show More
- Great Prawn Fest!ahappycustomerDined on 28/10/2014We went to the Big Easy in Covent Garden to try out their unlimited Prawn Tuesday special. The food was lovely with prawn and chips baskets flowing. The dips were interesting: tomatoes and celery and an Hollandaise sauce were also unlimited! The service is also friendly and professional. Very prompt and present.Special Features:
- BBQ Fun!!CGM2014Dined on 28/10/2014Met a friend for dinner. I go to the USA often and I'm crazy about BBQ. I think they have the Best pulled pork in LondonI would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions, great dealmdarcyDined on 28/10/2014The food was great, the portions were huge and the prices were low! The service was also fantastic. Great experienceSpecial Features:
- Horrible service!Valie16Dined on 27/10/2014The food was ok. Not entirely value for money but ok. What ruined our night was the HORRIBLE service. The hostess was rude, there were free tables and she had us wait at the bar for 40minutes even though we had a reservation! Waiter was also rude and uncaring. Would NOT recommend and will certainly NOT be going again.
- Overhyped, Overpriced and Over hereGoelsewhereDined on 25/10/2014Welcome to the single most overhyped and overpriced restaurant that Covent Garden has to offer. Upon arrival we found our friend stood at the bar, she was told "you're not allowed to sit down until you're all here" (there were five in our party and four of us present, the fifth was late) "Why can't we sit down" I asked out friend "She said we're just not allowed" Awful service - the table was empty when we were finally sat down, why couldn't we just sit there? Likely to keep us ordering from the overpriced bar. Food was dry, luke warm and bland - quite obviously pre prepared ages in advance and lightly warmed before being served. Value is awful for the money, ambience sucked. Never again, don't waste your money.
- Totally fantastic!NatdaviesDined on 25/10/2014This restaurant was absolutely fantastic. The ambiance, the service was brill and the food - OMG unbelievable! Easily the best meal I have ever had!! You must go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodhappyeaterDined on 24/10/2014Went on a Friday night and service was good considering it was very busy. Waiters were attentive and friendly. Steak and lobster were excellent and had a good mixture of sides including mac & cheese, spinach and chips.Special Features:
- I'd go backPKlovetoeatDined on 24/10/2014Went on a Friday night and atmosphere was great! Really loud but good. Good was nice. Steak was lovely a cooked amazing. Lobster looked beautiful. Whatever you do though, don't order the thick sliced bacon for starters, it's tiny and not worth it. Other than that, would def recommend it. I had a lovely timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and loads of it!TamiVIPDined on 24/10/2014This was my third time at the Big Easy. I booked for a group of five people back in August so I was disappointed to (a) have to wait 10 minutes to be seated and (b) be given a table right by the entrance - I would have expected one of the more cosy tables on the basement floor (where live jazz was playing). I guess next time I'll make a special request (but should I really need to? I don't think so). The service was warm, friendly and efficient as always. Three of us had the barbeque blowout and the accompanying portion of coleslaw was minuscule to be shared between three. The cornbread was also overcooked and dry. Otherwise the food was tasty and abundant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bit annoyed with booking & waitingmanosDined on 23/10/2014In general there is a very nice atmosphere and staff is friendly and polite - this time it was ok but not amazing - i think the quality of service has started to get affected by the large number of people - although we had a booking we had to wait for 15 minutes. Moving the reception right at the entrance and not in the corridor where it was does not help - all people are packed blocking the entranceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't amaze meLabbitDined on 23/10/2014Food was overpriced and poor, wasn't impressed with the food at all for the cost paid, you can get the same food at much better quality and price elsewhere in LondonSpecial Features:
- Meat!MoosemanDined on 23/10/2014If you don't like it, don't come here. Otherwise, enjoy it glazed, pulled, BBQ'd, roasted or grilled with a side and a strong beverage. The venue itself is the key point and the ambience works well for groups. You know you're in for some finger-licking fun when someone hands you a plastic bib......! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- lovesfoodVIPDined on 22/10/2014very noisy and good very good, portions sizes not as large as i thought they would be compared as a amercian diner. I think best value is to go for the special of the day. enjoyed it more the first two times we went, but this third time, did not enjoy and left hungry.
- Good lobstersmj82Dined on 22/10/2014The place has an amazing ambience and its buzzing. The food is very good but the service could be improved. The reservation team gave us an ordinary table despite the note that it was our anniversary and we wanted a good table, instead we were seated right by the staff entrance where the noise was even bigger . We felt rushed and few things were missing in the menu so perhaps the waitress could tell us this in advance . Also big lobster board saying the catch of the day where nothing was available since the previous month so again note to the manager to keep the place updated. Overall the lobster is a good value where you get a drink included when you order lobster fest. I would only recommend this place to a groups rather than couples.Special Features:
- Great lively and fun restaurantTezzaBJDined on 22/10/2014Wasn't expecting how lively and exciting the atmosphere was. Starters arrived within 5 minutes of us ordering. My partner had the BBQ chicken wings which were delicious and smokey and I had the voodoo shrimp with blue cheese sauce. We both had steaks for mains me sirloin on the bone and her fillet. Both were cooked to perfection with fries and slaw and I pushed the boat out with a side of lobster. We were so full there was no chance of sampling the desserts so we finished with coffee. Everywhere you looked there were happy, smiling people having a great time. Cost wise it was pricey but we were celebrating and ordered the most expensive options. Would thoroughly recommend.Special Features:
- BIG EASYHungrydogDined on 22/10/2014Very good service, quick and polite. Food is as described on the menu and is good. Its served hot and portion sizes are good. The pulled pork sandwich is superb and really stuffed with meat and great value. The lobster roll, by comparison, was a little disappointing. Previous experience at the Big Easy tells me that the lobster is better from its shell than from the roll. The restaurant can get quite noisy as it fills up so its not ideal for business entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not greatDizziDined on 21/10/2014table was not ready on time, standing & waiting in busy bar where couldn't get served for a long time ca. 15-20mins. Request for free drinks was met with flat refusal on 'company policy'. When table ready some confusion over bringing drinks from bar. Food rather good although not as authentic as advertised: carolina pulled pork was not quite the real 'carolina' style (my husband is from there), but it was tasty. However staff were friendly, decor is fab, manhattan perfect, and i'll go back, while hoping they sort a few things out. Another really annoying thing: would not allow us to book a table in person, at the restaurant, were told to go away and do it online - really!?Special Features:
- Awful serviceChuckieowlDined on 19/10/2014I came here with big expectations of a Southern BBQ with American standard restaurant service. How wrong was I! It was expensive, slow service, average food and they had the cheek to add 12.5% service charge to the bill. Our starter, the Grand appetizer platter came missing two items. We had to go to the front of house to get this rectified because our waitress went missing, in fact she made a point of avoiding us for some reason. The food arrived before our drinks order, the mains arrived and we ordered more drinks at that point but had to chase them down again. When confronted with the bill I asked for the service charge to be removed and then had to 'justify' my reasons to the Manager and General Manager. Won't be going back here.Special Features:
- Amazing setting and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 19/10/2014Super cool american restaurant with great bar area, trendy decor nd delicious burgers,steaks and seafood Try the starter seafood platter with crab, lobster and prawns - so fresh and excellent valueSpecial Features:
- Service let downCheeseLadyDined on 18/10/2014Great food, Great atmosphere, Good value, Poor service. To cut a long story short - there were multiple communication breakdowns between the check in team and we were forgotten about, so were waiting for 30 minutes before being shown to our table (no apology or acknowledgement of our wait provided). I was really happy to sit down and start our meal, but again the service was really slow - I ordered a drink when our starter was being cleared and it arrived just after our mains had been taken away! I really enjoyed the experience and the food but wouldnt go back because the service was so disappointing. I'd recommend going but try to eat 'out of hours' as that might improve the service experience.Special Features:
- AverageSurreygirlDined on 18/10/2014Took my son and a friend for his 13th birthday. When booking I mentioned that it was his birthday but nothing was said to him at all. Food was ok but no guidance on volume. We ordered 2 starter platters for 4 people - way too much food! A good waiter would suggest that one was enough . I wouldnt return on this experience.
- LobtasticT4r4zDined on 17/10/2014The staff were great and accommodating to our needs (sitting) when three of our guests were running late. The waiter had good knowledge of the food and was attentive. The food was great very filling , tasty and moorish xxSpecial Features:
- very very goodgj2019Dined on 17/10/2014The whole experience from start to finish was excellent. The potions are large, the chicken was particularly nice with a smokey apple wood taste!! The desserts was nice as well was the beer. All what I was wishing for can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eatJodoDined on 17/10/2014Enjoyable place to eat. Food may not be amazing but it is fun to eat there. The daily specials are good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHMT86Dined on 16/10/2014Cool bar area whilst waiting for our table, service was good and friendly, food delicious, bit loud. Overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/10/2014Everything was great apart from the 2 hour time limit and the waitress standing over us to leave, quite rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialNickDined on 15/10/2014Typical bbq place with very high prices. Good was tasty, beers were 6 pounds a pints and atmosphere was wearySpecial Features:
- Immersive and Classy!HendrixDined on 15/10/2014I honestly cannot fault this place! It really feels like you've walked into another world. I had a whole lobster with mussels to start and everything was delicious.....PLUS I got a free bib - amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokinBbqkendawgDined on 15/10/2014Loved it , great food and service ! Turned up early, not a problem....food was brilliant and loads of it ! Had to get a doggie bag?...Special Features:
- PingDined on 15/10/2014Good casual dining. Lovely food for a good price.Special Features:
- Awesome place to eat.CheekeecheeDined on 14/10/2014Awesome place. Great ambience and value for money!! Great service too! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Latest OutingDSimpsonDined on 14/10/2014I love dining at Big Easy, me and my friend dine here regally. However the attitude towards from the reception team was un called for, being a receptionist myself I wouldn't treat someone in such away. After this, and getting downstairs to our table the service was great as usual all members of the downstairs team were quick to service us, very polite and happy to help. Just a shame the way we felt as soon as we sat down. The food as always is great, great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDavidDined on 14/10/2014Very impressed. Great decor, food, service & price (especially the £10 lunch/late night menu)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceGreenwich33Dined on 14/10/2014LOVE the limitless daily offers! have been on the Tuesday shrimp day twice now! and great for birthdays too with the lunch deal!Special Features:
- Big & easyOllyVIPDined on 14/10/2014Great food with amazing offers! Nice relaxed atmosphere, would definitely recommend for group bookings or just relaxed lunch / dinner with a few friends.Special Features:
- Pricey tasty food and fab service!verypicky2pleaseDined on 13/10/2014Besides the food arriving not 5 minutes after we arrived, we ordered from the bog standard set menu, the staff were attentive and joyful all evening. Was it because we were there before the evening rush? Maybe and therefore I suggest getting there before 7 pm and watching the evening fill up and add ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest!KeinxerikaDined on 12/10/2014Originally had booking for 7:30 however we were already in the resto and hungry at 6:45 so asked if we can already have a table and the staff gladly gave us one. Our lady server is awesome! She is very attentive and making sure everything is okay. I really appreciated her efforts in serving the customers. The food we ordered (Lobster Fest) with garlic butter was amazing. Maybe you can get a bigger lobster if you're really hungry because the 1.5lbs lobster seemed to be only enough for people with moderate appetite. I personally felt just the right fullness but my partner felt he needed more. The place was a bit noisy too. I hope they put better music not competing with the noise of the crowd..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bbq in LondonChitownDined on 12/10/2014A little hard to find on a very small tucked away street but well worth the trouble. Beautiful big plates of delicious ribs, pulled pork and lobster they also have a nice lobster roll. But get one of the combo plates so you can try multiple things.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soap for sause?Joe1986Dined on 12/10/2014After two of us using a mustard bottle that had washing up liquid in it instead of mustard the manager seemed more concerned with what we would be willing to pay for over trying to make it up to us, was very upsetting. Not to mention that they also put us on a very small table for 4 people when we booked on opentable for 5. Ruined our family meal out.Special Features:
- Wear your stretchy pants!runtoeatDined on 12/10/2014Had a great time here after running the royal parks half marathon... Portions are HUGE so make sure you don't over order but be prepared to gwt your feast on! For sharing I'd recommend the Bar B Q main. SO good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.