Big Easy- Kings Road
332-334 Kings Road
London, SW3 5URNeighbourhood:
AmericanPrice: £26 to £40
Big Easy- Kings Road
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigeasy.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073524071
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 11:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large group facility available
- Private Party Contact: Angela Moss 020.7352.4071
- Entertainment: Live music every night
- Cross Street: Paultons Square
- Public Transit: Bus 11, 19 and 22. 20 minute walk from Sloane Square and South Kensington Underground Stations
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is free after 6:30PM on single yellow lines and meters. Please note that parking during Bank Holidays is not free on Kings Road.
A word from Big Easy- Kings Road
Founded over 20 years ago, the legendary Big Easy Barbecue and Crabshack combines the finest American cuisine made using quality ingredients with an impressive wine list, frozen margaritas and toe-tapping live music every night. Famous for its prime Maine lobsters, Big Easy offers up to 6 pounds of the prized crustaceans alongside a lobster cocktail, roll and bake, all available at incredible prices. They have sent their experts to trawl the Atlantic coastline for the finest, tastiest seafood and freshly delivered them straight to the heart of Chelsea everyday, allowing guests to tuck into fire roasted jumbo shrimp, Atlantic crab and New England clam chowder. Also expect 21 day aged Longhorn steaks, known for its lean, flavoursome and well-marbled beef, alongside fajitas, voodoo chicken wings and home smoked extra meaty "fall off the bone" ribs slathered in a special barbecue sauce.Continued
With a buzzy atmosphere, huge portions and terrific cocktails, it's impossible not to have fun.
With a buzzy atmosphere, huge portions and terrific cocktails, it's impossible not to have fun.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Big Easy- Kings Road - Best restaurants in Chelsea ›
Big Easy- Kings Road reviews from OpenTable diners
976 reviews since 26 May 2014
group bookings (521)special occasions (400)fit for foodies (351)outstanding value (285)sunday lunch (141)child friendly (139)brunch (107)romance (91)pre/post theatre (87)business meals (45)outdoor eating (24)good vegetarian options (14)afternoon tea (12)disabled access (12)Show More
- Food was very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/9/2014Food was quite dry, very average, the ribs were not juicy at all, I got the feeling they had been heated up. But the service and atmosphere was great, it's worth visiting for that especially if your having a drink and there's a group of you! But food wise there are 100000s of better restaurants in LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AtmosphereLozzaDined on 20/9/2014We ate at The Big Easy on Saturday. As expected the venue was busy which always makes for a good atmosphere! Tables were close so you may struggle to manoeuver if you are a larger person but worth the effort as a good cosy, fun environment. Downstairs is best as that is where the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for foodteeyanVIPDined on 20/9/2014Went to Big Easy with family. Sat upstairs which i'm not a fan of as it's quite cramped. We ordered wings and jumbo shrimps to start which were delicious. I had the 1.5lb lobster for main and it was really good. Everyone else had ribs which were thoroughly enjoyed. Chocolate fudge cake to finish completed a good meal altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will do another timeJorgeDined on 20/9/2014all good all good will do another time and again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood & delicious ribslalaDined on 19/9/2014Food here is fresh and that's a very big part of eating good seafood. So needless to say, the lobster we had was amazing. The baby back ribs we had were also very tasty, it wasn't as tender I would have preferred, but still good! A major surprise during my meal were the jumbo prawn served with their voodoo sauce. That was amazing. Super fresh and crunchy prawns, coated with light and crispy batter that went very well with the blue cheese dip and voodoo sauce. Good stuff!Special Features:
- Another great eveningRPOPDined on 17/9/2014took an overseas friend whom had been in Maine just recently , his lobster flew a bit further this time , but was yet as good I am told , we had a Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisey and crampedluluDined on 14/9/2014Far too expensive for what was very basic food. Cramped, dark and noisey space. Not a great experience.
- amazing foodEmilianaDined on 14/9/2014Really good food. I had the Lobster platter and the kids had the lobster and chips really tasty, the jumbo shrimp taste amazing, the only complaint is that the space is to small so your literally sitting on to of ach other and keep bumping into staff and customers when you want to use the restrooms, other than that I would recommend.Special Features:
- easymoneyeasymoneyDined on 13/9/2014Went there last sat after chelsea game with my gf she had a seafood platter i had half lobster an ribs n an chips an a bottle of wine it came 2 £92 didnt think it was worth that cos i was still hungry n im not a big blokeSpecial Features:
- Good foodTinkersminkersDined on 13/9/2014Big Easy Kings Road is the better our of the two Big Easy's in London. Food was fantastic the service was good the only bad point is that the tables are not big enough for the size of plates you are given. We were a table of 4 and it was a tight squeeze to fit the 4 plates on the table, the wine we had to put on the floor. The food is good value for money and the portion sizes are very good.Special Features:
- Great funPottsieDined on 13/9/2014Dear Big Easy Thanks for a great meal....again! Brought my son for his first vist,he will be back See you all soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great atmosphere!JujudevineDined on 12/9/2014We celebrated our son's 18th Friday night here. We had gone on recommendation for Covent Garden but couldn't get a booking there so Kings Road was a good second option. You have to take it as you find it, busy busy place, arrived a little early so went to the bar..very cosy but got to see what goes on at the bar with cocktails being made up and the food prep from the kitchen which if you are a first timer here really helps with seeing what you will get from menu choices, go hungry! We were seated down stairs and was entertained by the singer and guitar player through the evening. Service good and food very good. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Love2eatoutDined on 11/9/2014I had been recommended Big Easy by a friend, every time I have passed the restutant it is always buzzing and full of people!! I eventually booked a table for me and my partner and we both loved the food and service!! Was very impressed, we have recommended it to a friend and they have already booked a table!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place and food just too crowdedIdontwantanicknameDined on 9/9/2014The place has outstanding service and the food is really excellent, as are their cocktails. It is however insane that one cannot navigate their way through the tables to use the services or just pop out for some fresh air. The seating arrangements "downstairs" can be daunting for the normal patrons, I hate to think someone who is remotely claustrophobic would feel though. I think the concept of squeezing as many seats as possible in the tiniest of spaces is indicative of the type of management.... especially here in the UK. No American would accept that. Still. the live music was perfect, not too loud and in tune with the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014A lot of food sent back. Waitress had no idea what was what and there was no feedback. Everytime we asked a question she ran away and asked someone else.Special Features:
- great placephilnlauradinningDined on 7/9/2014this place has a great atmosphere with live house band. lovely cocktails and the food really tasty the staff are friendly and helpful. this is my 2nd time here ill defo make it a 3rd soon when ever the girl friends ready lolSpecial Features:
- A happy customerSteveDined on 6/9/2014All round very good place- I would consider returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay if you're hungryvaderukDined on 6/9/2014The good - welcoming staff, ambience, starters of chicken tenders and deep fried shrimps, meat of mains tender and moist. the so so - coleslaw (not balanced - too much carrots), BBQ beans lack oomph (maybe overpowered by the BBQ sauce of the mains), cosy seating arrangement. The not so good - BBQ on mains too sweet and too sour, occasional nudge from the rushing staff, long and inconsistent waiting between courses, unjustified 'forced' service charge. Too expensive - poor value for money
- Great food, value and serviceTomasDined on 3/9/2014Had a great time at Big E - very nice food, we all had the fillet with 1/2 lobster and could barely walk from the place. Nice atmosphere and live music- the perfect place for have some fun an eat great food with friendly and attentive service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceAstillsDined on 31/8/2014staff were very accommodating and bent over backwards for us. Portion sizes are very generous and food is tasty. very relaxed atmosphere, we took our kids and the staff were great with them. Don't expect fine dining though! expect to get your hands dirty! :)Special Features:
- Regular FoodieBigEaterDined on 30/8/2014I went to introduce a friend of mine to Big Easy and she loved it. The food is amazing, the staff are so helpful and the prices are reasonable. I am a regular in Big Easy and could actually say there is no better place to be than Kings Road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousVIPDined on 28/8/2014The Big Easy has always been one of my favourite restaurants in London. The steak and lobster daily special at £20 was amazing value although having made the mistake of ordering a sharing platter between us all as a starter, I couldn't eat it all. Frozen margaritas are great and I don't even like tequila. I would recommend leaving room for the waffles as well as they are probably the best I've had!Special Features:
- Great foodYummDined on 28/8/2014Great food as always. The steak and lobster is such a treat and so cheap on Thursdays. The music was just too loud and we couldn't have a conversation across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A filling datenightIncrediblemanDined on 27/8/2014Food was delicious and a very good selection. Service was fast and attentive. Accommodated dietary requirements very well and made good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service I've had for ages!!SkrimmersDined on 25/8/2014Went on ribs and chicken night (Monday) food was delicious and service was excellent!! Friendly and helpful and fast with more ribs!!! One tip is make sure you book as its very busy!! Unsurprisingly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A seafood festivalAnitaBDined on 24/8/2014As always The a Big Easy was packed which created a great buzzy atmosphere. We were seated a little bit after our reservation as it was so busy, the staff were really friendly and looked after us as quickly as they could. We all tucked into the lobster festival - 2lb lobsters, fries, salad and a tangy magherita, great value for money at £25. To stay we were stuffed by the end of the meal is an understatement! Definitely look forward to going back to indulge in more Stateside fare accompanied by the Blues from the live band, hopefully next time we'll have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very arrogant rude serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 22/8/2014The two stars are not for the in general food. The lobster was lovely. However chips were cold and dry. Lovely deserts and drinks. The service we received was appalling. As soon as we got there we were informed we have to be out within two hours. This continued to be said to us throughout the meal. There were lots of free tables in the restaurant by the way. We did as we were told and were out before two hours! Very arrogant rude service, like they were doing us a favour by letting us have a table. This has put me off totally a return visit.
- Most excellentLionKingDined on 22/8/2014I went to Big Easy-Kings Road with a few friends on a Saturday night and it was simply fantastic! Staff were friendly and efficient and the food was just delicious. My grilled prawns were huge and succulent (and being South African I have high "prawn standards"), and all my friends enjoyed their food. The crab was huge! The place has a great buzz. Shall return again and again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- standards have droppednoahDined on 22/8/2014Im a regular at this place. I go for atmosphere & value for money. However, this visit was disappointing. Whilst at the bar a suit and tie came to inform bar staff to they were below target. The lobster was below weight. When I addressed it one gave a speel about muscle mass, another said it was because of claw size. They charged me for the larger sized lobster. It was clearly young as the claws were not developed and the shell was soft. Despite my telling a waiter my drink hadn't arrived as part of my meal it never came. To top it off they charged me for sauce as an extra despite sauce being offered as complimentary. They've become dishonest and target driven. I would prefer they raised their prices than compromise integrity & atmosphere
- Appalling service, no food!Eater85Dined on 22/8/2014After 1 hour 15 mins we had not received our main courses (despite other diners that had arrived after us eating theirs). We informed the waiter who said he thought we were waiting for someone although we had placed our order over 1 hour before and we had no further space at our table. He then advised our food would be ready in a further 8-10 mins for it not to arrive again. I asked another waiter and he went to check, then avoided coming back to us. One member of our party had to leave to get back to work and we were fed up so left hungry.... Mistakes happen, but not apologising or rectifying them is seriously poor service.
- Awful - we didn't get our mains!dinernumber9Dined on 22/8/2014We were seated promptly, but despite the website advertising a lunch special I had to ask for the menu - it wasn't forthcoming from the waiter. We ordered our food and drinks and they arrived. Once the starters were cleared we waited 30 minutes before asking where our mains were. We were accused of not having ordered them by the waiter that took our order! 15 minutes later we asked where our food was, we were told it would be 8-10 minutes. 10 minutes later there was no sign of our food - yet fajitas were being served to people who had ordered after us. We asked another waiter where our food was and he never came back. Terrible service - no apology or attempt to put it right - we're not going back.
- Terrible compared to last yearMJS6Dined on 21/8/2014I will keep it short. Recently went for a 3rd time, the first two times were great, this time it was very poor. The Thursday deal has obviously become v popular and they are now just churning them out. The Margeritas are much smaller than they used to be. The steak was the worst, it was so incredibly chewy (medium rare) it wasn't over cooked but I think it had been sat on a hot plate for a very long time! The lobster my girlfriend had was embarrassingly small. And her steak was just as poor as mine. Its a real shame as BE used to be very good, bordering on great, but they have lost me as a customer.
- steak and lobster nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014Absolutely amazing feed, great value and really nice place. Music was a bit to loud to hear each other talk - but food was honestly the best meal I have had in london - with out a doubtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mojo77Dined on 20/8/2014Always excellent barbecue food and they do what they do very well. Good atmostphere if a little cramped.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014The 'Extra meaty ribs' melt in the mouth, the meat is falling apart, tender, soooo juicy and rich in flavour! The BBQ sauce in the dish that comes with it is very tsty and a lovely garnish.Special Features:
- Satisfied CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/8/2014Food was amazing, staff were friendly and helpful, ambiance was amazing. Would definitely suggest the Big Easy to friends A++Special Features:
- Tasty FoodSolwoodDined on 19/8/2014A friend and I are on a rib quest and this was listed in the top 10 in a magazine. We had the Tempura king prawns and Voodoo wings to start. Both generous portions but priced accordingly. The Wings sauce was a little heavy on the vinegar but a hit with me, the prawns were great and I don't normally like hot prawns. Mains we both had the extra meaty belly pork ribs, 3 of them may not sound a lot - any one would be a standard belly pork portion, served with good quality coleslaw and homemade beans. Side of very tasty and cooked in fresh oil fries. The meat was super tender, could have been marinated longer so the flavors permeated more. We each managed 2 and took the 3rd home. Deserts were equally huge. It exceeded my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLandKDined on 19/8/2014It was my second time in this branch. Although, quite pricey, it is worth it.I will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was scrummymunchiesDined on 19/8/2014Had the lunch time menu.. food was tasty and worth the price... cocktails are yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place to eatCab4LobsterDined on 18/8/2014Nice area, nice restaurant, good service & good food. Make sure you come hungry, it's big portions. Only wish they could cater for large part groups in the evenings. Over all very good.I would recommend this to a friend.