Big Easy- Kings Road
332-334 Kings Road
London, SW3 5URNeighbourhood:
AmericanPrice: £26 to £40
Big Easy- Kings Road
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigeasy.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073524071
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 5pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 11:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large group facility available
- Private Party Contact: Angela Moss 020.7352.4071
- Entertainment: Live music every night
- Cross Street: Paultons Square
- Public Transit: Bus 11, 19 and 22. 20 minute walk from Sloane Square and South Kensington Underground Stations
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is free after 6:30PM on single yellow lines and meters. Please note that parking during Bank Holidays is not free on Kings Road.
A word from Big Easy- Kings Road
Founded over 20 years ago, the legendary Big Easy Barbecue and Crabshack combines the finest American cuisine made using quality ingredients with an impressive wine list, frozen margaritas and toe-tapping live music every night. Famous for its prime Maine lobsters, Big Easy offers up to 6 pounds of the prized crustaceans alongside a lobster cocktail, roll and bake, all available at incredible prices. They have sent their experts to trawl the Atlantic coastline for the finest, tastiest seafood and freshly delivered them straight to the heart of Chelsea everyday, allowing guests to tuck into fire roasted jumbo shrimp, Atlantic crab and New England clam chowder. Also expect 21 day aged Longhorn steaks, known for its lean, flavoursome and well-marbled beef, alongside fajitas, voodoo chicken wings and home smoked extra meaty "fall off the bone" ribs slathered in a special barbecue sauce.Continued
With a buzzy atmosphere, huge portions and terrific cocktails, it's impossible not to have fun.
With a buzzy atmosphere, huge portions and terrific cocktails, it's impossible not to have fun.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Big Easy- Kings Road - Best restaurants in Chelsea ›
Big Easy- Kings Road reviews from OpenTable diners
944 reviews since 21 October 2013
group bookings (503)special occasions (387)fit for foodies (344)outstanding value (263)sunday lunch (140)child friendly (136)brunch (104)romance (87)pre/post theatre (82)business meals (43)outdoor eating (25)good vegetarian options (13)disabled access (12)afternoon tea (9)Show More
- Sunday serviceSerenaDined on 19/10/2014I have visited both location for the resturant but found the Kings road big easy better all staff was welcoming courses was lovely we was not rushed to eat and leave and the live music was so good at times I wanted to get up and dance I think my whole table did we was not disappointed with this resturant I will be a repeat customer and recommend highly to my friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MariesieDined on 19/10/2014Good food, good atmosphere, but a bit cramped inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceRibShackKidDined on 18/10/2014Took my Mom and my Missus here. We had a lovely evening and the whole restaurant sang happy birthday when they brought Mom's cake out! Lovely food and great service, smiles all round!Special Features:
- PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014I spent a very good evening at Big Easy. The food was excellent. It was a very great restaurant.Special Features:
- Our family's favourite restaurant!AprilloveDined on 16/10/2014Great service, lovely staff food never disappoint. Always an experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightValentina9Dined on 9/10/2014I went for dinner for my birthday with my parents that came from Italy and my boyfriend. We had a table in front of the band. The atmosphere all around was very cool, the band was great, the food amazing and the service perfect!! We loved it! I would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't feel like ChelseaBettyDined on 9/10/2014Great atmosphere, very friendly staff and amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, good food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014A group of 4 of us found it hard to talk because the music was so loud. We were near a speaker but I think the atmosphere is quite noisy. Good food and fun meal with the half lobster and steak. I'd go back... but request not to be near a speaker. Live music started at about 9pm... but we were leaving at that time.Special Features:
- Big EasyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Big Easy is an amazing restaurant. I recommend more people to go there for birthday events and more.Special Features:
- Pig out!EdufreestylerDined on 6/10/2014Ordered the Big Pig, £17.95 eat as much as you want with a free beer. AWESOME!!! Had to walk home or else I wouldn't have been able to sleep...3 racks of ribs and 2 chicken legs, all smothered in their fabulous BBQ sauce...Special Features:
- great placechrisyumyumDined on 6/10/2014Really nice tineñnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodSMCGDined on 5/10/2014Really enjoyed this place, the food is great, and decent size portions. Hate going to a BBQ joint and leaving hungry. This is just right. Will definitely go again. Only downside is we were left waiting for a while after we were seated before someone took our order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieBluelollipopDined on 4/10/2014Good for foodies and just plain spoiling yourself when u need a treat. A good alternative to other food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingChiaraZDined on 3/10/2014There are definitely other places in London where to eat a good Lobster for the same price.The food was average, the lobster way too small. The burgers really nothing special. A positive note for the service but it's not enough.Special Features:
- 3lb LobsterLegs11Dined on 1/10/2014I always go to The Big Easy, I prefer the one in Kings Road as this is closer to my house and I can park after 7pm. On my last 2 occasions on visiting this restaurant I was disappointed as there was no 3lb lobsterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedEataroundDined on 30/9/2014After having a few very good meals in their Covent Garden restaurant, I thought the Kings Road would provide samiliar qualities of foods and services. On top of that, I couldn't get a table from the Covent Garden restaurant. The waitress at Kings Road was not really know her job and the foods. The Long Horn steak I had was over-cooked and my friend's Long Horn steak has loads nonedible chewy fats. The atmosphere was just like any reasonable restaurant, but nothing like the Covent Garden Big Easy. Total disappointment!!!
- Poor valueFoodhead1Dined on 28/9/2014It was way too crowded the food was poor for the price and very loud.Special Features:
- Great as usualMissAsteroideaDined on 28/9/2014I love this restaurant! We went at a quiet time on this occasion (3pm Sunday) but it still had a great atmosphere. Huge portions. My only criticism is that they've changed their onion rings! Used to be huge but now they're still battered instead of breaded but much smaller now and not as luscious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prompt service, great meatFoodieDined on 27/9/2014Really friendly, food was great - ribs tender and prawns of epic sizes. Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Beautiful Food xxLollyr84Dined on 26/9/2014The service is second to none at Big Easy Kings Road. The food was out lovely.. The only down side was space, the restaurant is very cramped. We had a platter to share which literally covered the table, which therefore made it very uncomfortable to eat as there was no space on the table. Highly recommend this place.. Ribs are out of this world!!! Will 100% be returning with loose fitting bottoms!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere but average foodMullandowskiDined on 25/9/2014Great atmosphere but average food i think, i was expecting something on a par with Bodeans or Burger and Lobster, but i felt the food was not as high quality, seemed a little rushed and generally reliant on the atmosphere (which is great to be fair) but not the food. To me, as a restaurant, the food should be number one priority and the rest should come after. Great staff and general ambiance thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qualitydeadliftbrahDined on 25/9/2014Brilliant. Definitely worth the trouble booking the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great American RestaurantRT24Dined on 24/9/2014Their steak & lobster is excellent. Shrimps are the biggest I've seen & love the seasoning. Great for dinners with family, super friendly staff!Special Features:
- Food was very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/9/2014Food was quite dry, very average, the ribs were not juicy at all, I got the feeling they had been heated up. But the service and atmosphere was great, it's worth visiting for that especially if your having a drink and there's a group of you! But food wise there are 100000s of better restaurants in LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobwinDined on 21/9/2014This was only the second time we have been to the Big Easy and we specially came half way across London by bus. We really enjoyed the first time and were not disappointed in least by our second visit and would recommend it to foodies and fun lovers, but it's always noisy so don't expect a quiet conversational evening!Special Features:
- Good AtmosphereLozzaDined on 20/9/2014We ate at The Big Easy on Saturday. As expected the venue was busy which always makes for a good atmosphere! Tables were close so you may struggle to manoeuver if you are a larger person but worth the effort as a good cosy, fun environment. Downstairs is best as that is where the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for foodteeyanVIPDined on 20/9/2014Went to Big Easy with family. Sat upstairs which i'm not a fan of as it's quite cramped. We ordered wings and jumbo shrimps to start which were delicious. I had the 1.5lb lobster for main and it was really good. Everyone else had ribs which were thoroughly enjoyed. Chocolate fudge cake to finish completed a good meal altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will do another timeJorgeDined on 20/9/2014all good all good will do another time and again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood & delicious ribslalaDined on 19/9/2014Food here is fresh and that's a very big part of eating good seafood. So needless to say, the lobster we had was amazing. The baby back ribs we had were also very tasty, it wasn't as tender I would have preferred, but still good! A major surprise during my meal were the jumbo prawn served with their voodoo sauce. That was amazing. Super fresh and crunchy prawns, coated with light and crispy batter that went very well with the blue cheese dip and voodoo sauce. Good stuff!Special Features:
- Another great eveningRPOPDined on 17/9/2014took an overseas friend whom had been in Maine just recently , his lobster flew a bit further this time , but was yet as good I am told , we had a Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisey and crampedluluDined on 14/9/2014Far too expensive for what was very basic food. Cramped, dark and noisey space. Not a great experience.
- amazing foodEmilianaDined on 14/9/2014Really good food. I had the Lobster platter and the kids had the lobster and chips really tasty, the jumbo shrimp taste amazing, the only complaint is that the space is to small so your literally sitting on to of ach other and keep bumping into staff and customers when you want to use the restrooms, other than that I would recommend.Special Features:
- easymoneyeasymoneyDined on 13/9/2014Went there last sat after chelsea game with my gf she had a seafood platter i had half lobster an ribs n an chips an a bottle of wine it came 2 £92 didnt think it was worth that cos i was still hungry n im not a big blokeSpecial Features:
- Good foodTinkersminkersDined on 13/9/2014Big Easy Kings Road is the better our of the two Big Easy's in London. Food was fantastic the service was good the only bad point is that the tables are not big enough for the size of plates you are given. We were a table of 4 and it was a tight squeeze to fit the 4 plates on the table, the wine we had to put on the floor. The food is good value for money and the portion sizes are very good.Special Features:
- Great funPottsieDined on 13/9/2014Dear Big Easy Thanks for a great meal....again! Brought my son for his first vist,he will be back See you all soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great atmosphere!JujudevineDined on 12/9/2014We celebrated our son's 18th Friday night here. We had gone on recommendation for Covent Garden but couldn't get a booking there so Kings Road was a good second option. You have to take it as you find it, busy busy place, arrived a little early so went to the bar..very cosy but got to see what goes on at the bar with cocktails being made up and the food prep from the kitchen which if you are a first timer here really helps with seeing what you will get from menu choices, go hungry! We were seated down stairs and was entertained by the singer and guitar player through the evening. Service good and food very good. Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Love2eatoutDined on 11/9/2014I had been recommended Big Easy by a friend, every time I have passed the restutant it is always buzzing and full of people!! I eventually booked a table for me and my partner and we both loved the food and service!! Was very impressed, we have recommended it to a friend and they have already booked a table!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place and food just too crowdedIdontwantanicknameDined on 9/9/2014The place has outstanding service and the food is really excellent, as are their cocktails. It is however insane that one cannot navigate their way through the tables to use the services or just pop out for some fresh air. The seating arrangements "downstairs" can be daunting for the normal patrons, I hate to think someone who is remotely claustrophobic would feel though. I think the concept of squeezing as many seats as possible in the tiniest of spaces is indicative of the type of management.... especially here in the UK. No American would accept that. Still. the live music was perfect, not too loud and in tune with the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014A lot of food sent back. Waitress had no idea what was what and there was no feedback. Everytime we asked a question she ran away and asked someone else.Special Features:
- great placephilnlauradinningDined on 7/9/2014this place has a great atmosphere with live house band. lovely cocktails and the food really tasty the staff are friendly and helpful. this is my 2nd time here ill defo make it a 3rd soon when ever the girl friends ready lolSpecial Features: