69 Bruntsfield Place
Edinburgh, EH10 4HHNeighborhood:
ScottishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bisquebar.com/
- Phone: 01316228163x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thur: 7:00am - 9:00pm
Fri, Sat: 7:00am - 9.30pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Scottish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Bisque Brasserie
Like all good brasseries, Bisque on Edinburgh’s Bruntsfield Place opens all day, every day for quality drinks, snacks and meals. The airy, very trendy space is filled with unlaid wood-topped tables and an outside terraced garden that is heated and well sheltered and is a sun trap, that the mix of young professionals and students can drink and eat at, or just the former, without fuss. The Bisque day starts at 7am with an all-day menu of traditional dishes made with local and fair-trade as much as possible… Ayrshire bacon, Scottish smoked salmon, lamb, cheeses and, of course, prime Aberdeen Angus steaks. Come Winter, light dishes like mixed bean, lentil & tomato bouillon with chicken & chorizo and our Fish pie fly out of the kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bisque Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since 6 May 2014
romance (3)special occasions (3)business meals (3)group bookings (3)brunch (3)outstanding value (2)outdoor eating (2)sunday lunch (2)child friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Very good experienceJackyjames97Dined on 23/8/2014We went at the restaurant at eight o'clock pm. We arrived 20 minutes before and the table was ready. After two wonderful seafood starters we order a beef as a main course. They were very good. Then we try two desserts that were really incredible.Special Features:
- Tasty food, quick service!LeniDined on 21/6/2014We visited this lovely restaurant for my mum's birthday. The staff were very firendly and efficient, the food was very tasty. We got 5 different starters and mains. The kids food was very good as well. They even sang happy birthday on put a candle on my mums dessert. Overall would definitely reccommned. Also, went there for a mums night out with school before christmas! Definitely would reccommend for large groups as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdinburghdinerDined on 15/6/2014Went for Sunday lunch with wife and a relative who was visiting. Great food and service and good value for moneySpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantOL1V3RDined on 30/1/2014Fantastic restaurant, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful, took time to make sure everything was ok. Explained the different types of whiskey on offer, 60+ malts to choose from! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant place very friendlyjerry3kDined on 20/9/2013Excellent place to be with a partner. Very cheerful people working and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Bisque Brasserie reviews archive.
- GoodPauletteDined on 24/8/2013The food was tasty, service was quick and friendly. Looked like they have a nice outdoor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice - but a hotel restaurantHEVS01VIPDined on 17/8/2013Thought this was a restaurant in its own right when booked, and it was a little odd to trundle through the hotel to reach it. Having said that, the service was good and the food was nice. It was pleasant enough and pretty reasonable. We all left very satisfied with our meals, and they were very good about booking us taxis.Special Features:
- Very pleasant dining experienceDine5alotDined on 23/7/2013When I booked, I hadn't realised this is connected to a best western hotel, and probably would not have booked if I had. However, we were pleasantly surprised when we entered as it is really lovely! The staff were excellent and there was a good choice of food on the Toptable offer . The food was a bit on the salty side and not as flavoursome as truly French food. Parking was easy at meters outside. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovedDadgoonerDined on 6/7/2013when i read previous reviews there were many mentions of poor service: they have clearly acted on this and I must say that the service was very attentive and professional - food was flavoursome and portions generous. Would definitley go back - well done team BBSpecial Features:
- graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 29/6/2013Came as a group of 6 for a graduation dinner. Wonderful restaurant with extremely diligent, thoughtful and friendly staff. Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:
- Do the A la CarteeatNowDined on 26/5/2013Restaurant was part of Best Western Hotel. Average indoor area with nice outdoor garden setting. We had a toptable special 2 course meal (dinner) for 14 pounds. Not much choice for entree and mains. Overall food was decent and reasonable for the price. I realised we should have chosen and paid the normal price from the A la Carte menu, which looked more interesting. Service was attentive. Ambience was spoilt by a family dining nearby where the kid was allowed to yell and talk loudly without any staff or the family members intervening. I would recommend only the A la Carte menu. We had excellent dinners at Cafe Grande, and the Gurkha Restaurant nearby on the other nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Sunday dinner!Foodie55Dined on 24/3/2013My husband and I went to Bisque for our dinner last Sunday. We both had the spicy lentil soup to start, and he had the Sunday roast and I had the tagliatelle with mushrooms and pine nuts. We both thought the food was fabulous and great value.Special Features:
- It's a pity it's a hotel restaurantFitlike1903Dined on 2/3/2013As the title says, sounded like a small restaurant, should have looked up the web and checked so my fault, good was great,staff friendly and reasonable price,but unfortunately we just walked out of our hotel and walked to another hotel for breakfast,a bit of a disappointment.Special Features:
- Meal deal not as expectedAshleighDined on 24/2/2013We nooked through toptable for the 2 courses and a glass of wine for £16.95 but got a 2 courses for £13.95 deal. Although it wasn't much more to order the wine it still worked out more expensive than we had expected. The manager obviously knew about the differece but didn't seem to care. The food was average quality, I had the vegetable stack with a supposedly spicy, but actually pretty bland tomato sauce. We found the manager to be pretty stand off ish however the other staff were nice. Overall we were disappointed with our meal.Special Features:
- girlie catchupSatisfiedDined on 5/2/2013Thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the attentive service and staff knowledge of their food and wine. Decor fresh minimalist and good for chatting. Plan on going back with the family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and reasonable portions.DalguyVIPDined on 28/12/2012Good food and reasonable portions. Service of food was good but abandoned after the meal awaiting billSpecial Features:
- The Human Touch helpsGrizzlepussDined on 31/10/2012The moment we mentioned that we had a theatre performance to attend the staff at the Brasserie went into action; 100% praise guys. The food was hot, plentiful, but just a little flat. Basically, you get what's written on the menu with no fuss attached. It's best described as plain no nonsense food...and it was done well. We intended on having the two course fixed price meal, but given the speed and attention of service, we ended up having sweet & coffee. Portion size was pitched perfect; enough to fill two teenage boys. All in all, great value for money.Special Features:
- Good menu for £16.95........butAnnieDined on 24/10/2012Good menu for £16.95........but food didn't quite deliver. Starters were very good, but main courses were all a bit overcooked.
- Lunch with a friendHappy2eatDined on 5/10/2012Good location near Bruntsfield shops and bus route. Restaurant looks out on to small garden and is brighter than the bar and basement location would lead you to expect. Good value fixed price lunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timesgizzmo35Dined on 15/9/2012We booked the £16.95 2 courses though top table, but on arrival changed to £21.95 for three courses which was alot better value off the set menu. Service was very attantive, pleasent & prompt. The portions were a great size too. Left very pleased & full:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, Great pricenickDined on 31/8/2012I booked this bistro for a group of 8 people, we had a great time, lovely food, and it was very cheap at 16.95 for 2 courses + a glass of wine/other drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early evening supperHappy2eatDined on 1/8/2012There's more space and light than you'd expect in this basement restaurant below the Bruntsfield Hotel in Edinburgh because it looks out onto a garden courtyard behind. A good set menu for a fixed price provided plenty of choice: for a fish lover, little fish cakes as a starter and then sea bass. Nicely presented. Attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bisque brasserieeatwellDined on 15/7/2012Staff friendly and welcoming although another large party meant they were very busy. 3 of us enjoyed the two courses with wine for £16.95- a limited choice but enough for us each to find something we liked. Desserts were delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visit if youGMTVDined on 23/6/2012Well worth a visit if you are around Bruntsfield. It's in the basement of the Bruntsfield hotel and has a great wee patio to sit in on a nice day/evening. Good value and nice food.Special Features:
- Table for fourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 22/6/2012We had booked the two course offer and were unfortunately tempted by the full menu as opposed to their 'special' which was hastily switched. This however proved to have a reasonable choice, including two veggie offerings, and did the business with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bisque Brasserie, Edinburgh. EnjoyeScotlandNellDined on 7/5/2012Bisque Brasserie, Edinburgh. Enjoyed the 'special offer' 2 course meal + glass of wine for £16.95. Quiet on a Monday night so not much ambience. I had read previous reviews about the staff being too efficient and customers feeling they were hurried over their meal. Overcame that by insisting on time to order/between courses and again for coffee. Food well cooked, but nothing special.
- Bisque Brasserie, Edinburgh ThemawiDined on 5/5/2012Bisque Brasserie, Edinburgh The Bisque Brasserie offers food of a similar style and quality to good home cooking (reminded me of my mum's). Generous portion sizes, good value for money. The restaurant was pleasant and laid-back, although because service was so prompt we didn't stay long.
- Service in Bisque was farCarolineDined on 21/4/2012Service in Bisque was far too quick, unfortunately they made us feel that they wanted us out as soon as possible dining on the set menu price. Food was very good though.
- We enjoyed a lunch at BisqueHippoDined on 8/4/2012We enjoyed a lunch at Bisque in Edinburgh and were impressed with the wide selection of meals on the menu. Service was first class and the staff ensured that our children were adequately catered for, even offering to cook something that deviated from their already good children's menu. Would definitely return.
- Good meal on a Saturday night,chazDined on 25/2/2012Good meal on a Saturday night, service very quick, possibly too quick! Excellent value at £33 all in for 2 courses and drinks!
- a really nice friendly placebrawDined on 23/2/2012a really nice friendly place and the food was excellant I had the veggie option and it was one of the best meals I had in a while and such a nice change to get a good veggie meal.
- We had a lovely meal at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2012We had a lovely meal at the Bisque Bar and Brasserie in Edinburgh, and there were many dishes for us to choose from to tickle our tastebuds. The service was superb and the staff were very friendly, and we would definitely go back again for another visit.
- Had no record of our bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2011Had no record of our booking but did find us a table and also one upstairs in the main area due to one of our guests not being able to use the stairs.
- Nice restaurant in a popularJoyful1Dined on 2/9/2011Nice restaurant in a popular location. Clean facilities, great stylish bar/restaurant ambiance. Food available from the offer menu was simple but tasty. The house wine was enjoyable. The staff were very attentive, a very enjoyable dining experience at the Bisque Bar, Bruntsfield, edinburgh,
- Excellent value, staff veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/8/2011Excellent value, staff very polite and obliging, but not around when needed. The food was good with generous helpings. Would definitely visit again.
- Bisque Bar. We went to forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 28/8/2011Bisque Bar. We went to for one of the deals they offer, 2 courses including a glass of wine for £16.95 and it was very average. The choice was very limited and poor, there was no meat dish on the menu so we were offered chicken with haggis in addition to the standard choice. It wasnt great and well overcooked. We were expecting some nice fish at least (used to have salmon in the past), but fish & chips is all you can get. Starters were nothing special, and wine was rather poor quality.
- Average food and limited menu.MrsBDined on 13/8/2011Average food and limited menu. Service was good and nice atmosphere.
- Bisque Bar and Brasserie,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 13/8/2011Bisque Bar and Brasserie, Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh. Well worth a visit and fabulous food.
- Three of us were looking forGillyDined on 30/7/2011Three of us were looking for good bistro style food and we were lured here by the special offer. I almost left when I saw it was a Best Western hotel restaurant. I should have trusted my instincts. The food was very ordinary, the wine sour, the head waiter equally sour. Some of the staff were more friendly and taking the offer into account was ok value. But this was not was I was looking for so very disappointed by the whole evening.
- Best Cosmopolitan we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 23/7/2011Best Cosmopolitan we have found in Edinburgh and we have been searching for the last 8 months. Great service, lovely open, light dining area, and very attentive service. Good food and great value.