Bocca Di Lupo
12 Archer Street
London, W1D 7BBNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Bocca Di Lupo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccadilupo.com/
- Phone: 02077342223
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.30pm - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Monday - Saturday: 5.30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Kenedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Bespoke off-site catering is available on request - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Bocca Di Lupo
Jacob Kenedy and Victor Hugo opened Bocca di Lupo in November 2008. The restaurant has since received various awards and accolades for its stripped-down, honest regional Italian cuisine. Despite the buzzy feel and glamourous surroundings, we are a family business, a small and humble trattoria at heart. We specialise in the obscure and the delicious highlights of food and wine from all across Italy's twenty regions. If we can make something ourselves, we do - gelati, breads, sausages, salame, pickles, mostarda, and pasta of course - the rest is carefully sourced from Italy. A selection of Italian wines and home-made and imported foods is available for delivery, along with our famous gelato, from Gelupo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bocca Di Lupo - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Bocca Di Lupo reviews from OpenTable diners
568 reviews since 20 October 2013
fit for foodies (331)pre/post theatre (297)special occasions (249)romance (187)business meals (133)good vegetarian options (83)group bookings (69)sunday lunch (67)outstanding value (60)brunch (45)child friendly (19)outdoor eating (7)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Table at the barkristineDined on 18/10/2014Must admit that we were rather disappointed by having a seat at the bar after having booked a table for two. That is not what I expect when I book a table long in advance, and we would have chosen somewhere else had we known (we were warned that we might be placed somewhere else in the confirmation, but I never thought it would happen as a routine). That being said - the food was lovely, and so was the staff, that was attentive and kind.Special Features:
- 40th birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 17/10/2014We enjoyed a fantastic evening meal, the menu was diffetent and exciting, the food lived up to our expectations, my husband had the lobster and I had a veggie choice, both meals were delicious. The service was excellent and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfoodie5000Dined on 16/10/2014This place never disappoints. Great atmosphere. Great food. Great service.Special Features:
- Good honest foodElleVIPDined on 14/10/2014No fancy plating, foams or distractions, just great produce cooked beautifully. Every dish was such a delight to taste,great idea to have options regarding portion size too. Staff were friendly and not condescending or arrogant. Looking at how busy it was many obviously agree with me.Special Features:
- Great pasta!LMY2Dined on 13/10/2014Fantastic food!! Best Italian food in London! The clam pasta is amazing.
- Disappointing lunchCMP30Dined on 12/10/2014Visiting Bocca di Lupo for the second time I expected it to meet my expectations. Unfortunately the food was mediocre, the service was good but while we were still having dessert staff started moving tables around making us feel uncomfortable and rushing us to leave.
- MidKateDined on 12/10/2014Lovely meal. The food was absolutely beautiful, and the service was 5 star. Very extensive menu. Dishes are usually served family style, so you can choose/taste many dishes. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious and cold.Lupine11Dined on 11/10/2014When you think of Italian food you think of passion, quality, warmth and quantity, Bocca Di Lupo was a cold, pretentious restaurant masquerading as an Italian. As soon as I arrived I was disappointed to find that even though I had booked a table for two, two and half weeks before, only being able to secure a 10pm slot, we were sat at the bar shoulder to shoulder with other diners. This makes you feel like you are not wanted and rushed into eating what is basically a taster menu of average food. The wine was superb and the service was good but after spending £140 and having sat on a stool I left hungry with a sore back. Personally I want to enjoy my food and the atmosphere, not eat at a place because it happens to be in vogue.
- UnityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014A true tour de force, the attitude in the kitchen echo's around the entire restaurant. Fun, equality and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant clock watch! No desertFoodieGroupieDined on 10/10/2014It would have been wonderful dining experience if we didn't keep having different staff come up to harass us about the time! I think our meal got interrupted 5-6 times by staff reminding us about the time. One even tried to lecture us that we only have the table until 7.30 at 6.15!! The booking was 5.30-7.30 and they really want us out by 7.30 not 7.31!! We couldn't dine leisurely. In the end we left at 7.05 without our desert or coffee! The food was lovely but not cheap. Lovely margarita (not frozen) even though it wasn't on the menu so thank you to the bar staff :) Overall I'd recommend if you want quick dining but not if you want to dine leisurely or if you go with your girlfriends! Definitely not business with all the interruptions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent servicesznadeDined on 8/10/2014Service was very prompt and there is a good choice of wine. I think the standard is still as good as when I visited this place when it first opened.Special Features:
- Outstanding !!!JohnnyCDined on 4/10/2014Always a great way to eat - Tapas style sharing plates, which also means you don't eat as much as with standard course structures. Also great alternatives to traditional desserts - Blood sausage chocolate salami and lemon sgroppini!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always special, always newDCMCDined on 4/10/2014service, food, wine, atmosphere. Phil and his team serve up 100% of everything you'd ever want for a great experience, faultlessly, every single time.Special Features:
- Paul54HewittFish4lifeDined on 3/10/2014On entering the restaurant we were welcomed by friendly front of house, given a good table and attended by a knowlegable efficient waitress who explained the options on the menu. Food and wine were great picks and made a great start to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianjaneDined on 2/10/2014Recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. Wonderful time before theater.Special Features:
- AdorableLudforti1975Dined on 1/10/2014My husband and I had a great experience here! We really enjoyed the food, the service is great, the wine great, but in our opinion the best it was stayed in the balcony, watch the cheff doing the plates was amazing!!! We recomend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent :-)FrandyDined on 28/9/2014Excellent service, great food & extensive wine selectionSpecial Features:
- Bocca di Lupo - best Italian mealVermicelloDined on 28/9/2014A restaurant suited to all occasions where you can relax, be yourself and eat your heart out. The menu is original but not quirky and the food a feast for the eyes as well as the mouth. New tastes burst on the tongue, familiar but different and so much better than at home, though with something very homely about the cooking. Impressive wine list and excellent advice. Impeccable service - warm, friendly, but at just the distance to let you enjoy your meal in privacy knowing you are being looked after when needed. I have recommended this restaurant to many friends, several of whom know it already and say it is their favourite. If you don't know it yet, you won't be disappointed. The best Italian in London, and possibly anywhere!Special Features:
- lkeenanVIPDined on 26/9/2014very tasty creative Italian fare. Especially good with seafood and vegetablesSpecial Features:
- Great Food butLunaDined on 21/9/2014The food is really one of the best in London, real Italian food. For once it seemed like to be really in Italy. Also the service is fast and the people are kind..except may be the maitre d..dressed in grey , he brought us a portion of burnt artichokes , literally, I mean come on! have a look before serving !We had already previously artichokes they were cooked properly and very good but the portion he brought us were really impossible to eat, like eating burnt paper...so of course we sent them back. For the rest the dinner was perfect, everything was sooo good...which makes it even more strange to be served burnt food :) we will go back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LupoContentoDined on 20/9/2014There were so many good dishes on offer that it was impossible to try them all. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The flavour of the food was exceptional. I found it a little noisy and the counter was quite high but it was fun watching the food being prepared - we got some tips for home cooking! We are looking for an opportunity to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever favouritemusomecDined on 18/9/2014Probably still my favourite restaurant in London for special occasions. Food is always stunning and the staff are so friendly.Special Features:
- Very good!Divyaspandana1982Dined on 15/9/2014Good service, good food, good ambience & definitely would like to go back. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchjofranceDined on 13/9/2014This was our first visit to Bocca. It was just one of the most memorable meals we have had. Food, staff, attention to detail and the ambiance were all perfect. We wished we still lived in London so we could visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocca di LupoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014A fantastic lunch experience Sat at the chefs counter. Great food and advice from the waitressSpecial Features:
- Awesome Italian!TommychelsDined on 12/9/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service, great wine. Easily the best Italian I have eaten in outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Spoiled by.....BiriDined on 11/9/2014I booked a table 3 months in advance to treat one of my team and his wife to dinner so imagine how I felt at being shown to a table smack bang in the middle between 2 aisles just where all courses are delivered to all tables - it was like being sat in the middle of Piccadilly. I do admit that I didn't complain but that was only because I didn't want to make a fuss. The day before the meal I was called an told that they needed that table back in 2 hours. I should have argued the point that having weaited for 3 months I didn't wish to be rushed. So onto the food - Pretty brilliant to be honest, other than the girolle/pasta dish which was tasteless and the desserts which quite frankly were a disaster!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014This was our fifth time dining in bocca. Food was great as per usual. I thought on this occasion the staff let them down somewhat. Front of house was v.friendly but our waiter was lacking in personality/not overly friendly. We have had lovely waiters on previous visits but not v.endearing on this occasion.On enquiring about the possibility of getting gelupo ice cream from their sister shop across the road (where they get all the frozen desserts on their menu anyway) we were told no way,even though this was an option previously.We would have happily paid whatever price.Ended up just going there for dessert instead which cut our meal short. Passed the floor manager on the way out with no goodbye/thanks for coming etc. from him which was poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an excellent choice!Mandarinos23Dined on 5/9/2014A thoroughly enjoyable lunch. All staff both friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful with the unusual menu. Food was very good. The restaurant chosen via Web recommendations, all of which we happily agree with. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smilejaneDined on 2/9/2014The service is excellent and the food first class. We enjoyed both the tapas type courses and the mains. The sea bream was first class.Special Features:
- Great food and great ambienceAliBCDined on 30/8/2014The family loved it. Food came out in time for our pre-theatre and it was delicious! Definitely would go again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fresh FoodDebbieBDined on 30/8/2014Don't come here looking for a 'bog-standard' Italian with the usual menu. Yes, there are still some favourites but a whole range of classic but unexpected variety of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little of this,a little of that24dinnerDined on 29/8/2014Choices galore bring you a taste of Italy not often experienced .This trendy gem covers recipes from all your favorite regions of Italy.Highly recommended by US restaurant mavens, they weren't wrong. Highlight of the evening was the remarkably presented Tuscan Steak served with a veggie side of spinach with pine nuts and raisins. Save room for dessert. Just point to one and say bring this. They are all delicious. I toast Bocca Di Lupo with a Prosecco which must be part of this amazing dinner.Special Features:
- Bocca disappointsshezzaDined on 28/8/2014I've known about this restaurant for a while and have looked forward to eating there. I was expecting excellent service and outstanding food, which I knew would not be cheap. The service was really poor. We were left without being offered water or drinks for up to half an hour. The food did not live up to expectations. Whilst some of what we chose was really good, my spider crab linguine was average - I could produce the same at home. In mitigation the manager that night was good in dealing with our issues as regards service, apologising and assuring us that she would take the matter up, and taking a sum off our bill for pre dinner drinks. She also went out and got taxis for us. I would hesitate to recommend Bocca to friends.
- Was not what we were expecting!!!MikeGoldDined on 28/8/2014We were always passing in front of this restaurant and having an ice-cream in the shop just in front of (Gelupo), that is delicious! We were very curious and finally we booked for my partner birthday. We reserved on line and the only available table was at 10.00pm. When we arrived they granted us with a very nice and funny attitude. The food was not so great especially for that price. The room is very very noisy and the table very close, so no privacy! The kitchen is open and you can get all the smell and the noisy from there! Basically first and last time!
- kat3Dined on 26/8/2014My favourite London restaurant for sublime food and sharing with friends.Special Features:
- AmazingNYCNeilDined on 24/8/2014Very attentive service coupled with tasty, fresh food makes for a great combination. We came here with our family including young children. We are NYC people and have a high standard for food and service. This resturant was amazing. Relaxed atmosphere, slightly contemporary and very welcoming. I've already recommended the resturant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P[easing PastataffDined on 24/8/2014We have returned here because the Pasta dishes are excellent; recently with wild garlic or in season mushrooms. There is always something new. innovative and seasonal on the menu. Everything we have tried has proved to be delicious Wine is available by glass, carafe or bottle - sizes suiting the occasion and the time you have to spend. It has always been good value. Not always managed a sweet but if you regret that decision as you leave there is always partner Gelupo across the road selling very good gelatoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian TapasRJS1Dined on 22/8/2014This was our first visit to Bocca Di Lupo but it certainly won't be our last. We sat at the counter and watched the magic happen right before our eyes. We tried several small dishes which were excellent, elegantly presented and packed with flavour. The only downfall was watching all of the other dishes which we hadn't ordered being prepared right in front of us. Will definitely have to go back and try some more.Special Features:
- LovelyBethDined on 20/8/2014Delicious food, prompt service, good value. As tables are quite close together you can't always hear person opposite you properly but apart from that it was a perfect dinner!Special Features: