Bocca Di Lupo
12 Archer Street
London, W1D 7BBNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Bocca Di Lupo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccadilupo.com/
- Phone: 02077342223
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.30pm - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Monday - Saturday: 5.30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Kenedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Bespoke off-site catering is available on request - email email@example.com.
A word from Bocca Di Lupo
Jacob Kenedy and Victor Hugo opened Bocca di Lupo in November 2008. The restaurant has since received various awards and accolades for its stripped-down, honest regional Italian cuisine. Despite the buzzy feel and glamourous surroundings, we are a family business, a small and humble trattoria at heart. We specialise in the obscure and the delicious highlights of food and wine from all across Italy's twenty regions. If we can make something ourselves, we do - gelati, breads, sausages, salame, pickles, mostarda, and pasta of course - the rest is carefully sourced from Italy. A selection of Italian wines and home-made and imported foods is available for delivery, along with our famous gelato, from Gelupo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bocca Di Lupo - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Bocca Di Lupo reviews from OpenTable diners
583 reviews since 31 October 2013
fit for foodies (337)pre/post theatre (298)special occasions (254)romance (192)business meals (138)good vegetarian options (85)group bookings (70)sunday lunch (68)outstanding value (58)brunch (46)child friendly (18)outdoor eating (8)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Good food is guaranteedLoubyLouBDined on 28/10/2014Always a wonderful experience. Authentic italian restaurant, fresh and seasonal menu, lots of choice, amazing service- so attentive. Can't fault it.Special Features:
- orient8Dined on 28/10/2014Excellent, charming, knowledgeable service - the waiter was Spanish. Interesting menu and cooked and presented very well. Sadly only one cheese for dessert.Special Features:
- Good food but won't be coming backEllie01VIPDined on 27/10/2014The restaurant looked nice and the food was good, but we were really quite disappointed. Reasons: one, we asked for balsamic vinegar with the bread and olive oil and the waitress told us they didn't have any. We then saw the chef (it's an open kitchen) use some and asked again. It was duly provided (a very small amount) and we were shocked to find at the end of the meal that they had charged us for this. It's not the money - this is a nice restaurant, and charging us for balsamic vinegar was not classy at all. Two, a 12.5% tip was automatically added for a table of two. We would have tipped generously anyway, as our waitress was helpful but an automatic tip for only two people always leaves a bad taste.
- Oh it's goodpheenixDined on 26/10/2014I recently had the absolute pleasure of coming to Bocca di Lupo on a Sunday at 12:30, early enough to get a seat (though I reserved) and pretty much everything was on point. The food was pretty stellar - we had venison tartare which I can do nothing but recommend; it was buttery-rich and very flavourful, served with lemon and rocket. The mozzarella bocconcini were among the freshest things I have ever had the joy of tasting. Mains were arguably even better - the pumpkin and amaretti cappellaci were fantastic, and the suckling pig was absolutely fabulous - I'm pretty sure I have not tasted a finer example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014The food, the service, the quality were all flawless.Special Features:
- amp238Dined on 23/10/2014The food was exceptionally good! Every course was excellent! Authentic Italian, yet modern in their approach. I recommend it!Special Features:
- Always good...Travelguy65Dined on 23/10/2014I always stop here when I am in London. This time the disappointment was that the good was not paced out as well as I would have liked with 3 items coming at once and then 4 items coming at once. I think this could have been spread out to a third course. To boot the second course was warm at best and we has to send back the good to receive hot food--not their best performance but won't stop me from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavours and a buzzy placeDolcettoDined on 21/10/2014This is my second visit to Bocca di Lupo - the last was two years ago. It's not cheap, but the food is very good, adventurous and delicious. Service is fab, if tending towards the gushy! And it's a lot of fun to sit up at the bar and watch the chefs at work. We had small plates again - you get to taste more things that way. But the whole menu is tempting, and everything we saw go out looked (and smelled) really good. The wine list is also amazing - although we had (excellent, unusual) cocktails this time, I can't wait to go back, eat more and drink something serious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superior italian food without fusslotuseaterDined on 20/10/2014great variety and flavour, good selection of multi regional italian cooking, wine suggestion very good, welcoming and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Fabulous ItalianFood24Dined on 19/10/2014This is my husbands favourite Italian restaurant. Lovely decor, fabulous service, wonderful interesting foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table at the barkristineDined on 18/10/2014Must admit that we were rather disappointed by having a seat at the bar after having booked a table for two. That is not what I expect when I book a table long in advance, and we would have chosen somewhere else had we known (we were warned that we might be placed somewhere else in the confirmation, but I never thought it would happen as a routine). That being said - the food was lovely, and so was the staff, that was attentive and kind.Special Features:
- More than just a mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014We have been to Bocca Di Lupo for a Saturday lunch. We were in London to celebrate our 11th anniversary and I had written this while I had been booking a table via Open Table. We were told that we were given the most popular seats, which were on the stools just in front of the chef. It was really an exceptional experience to have the meal in front of a cooking team lead by a good chef. We not only followed how our dishes were prepared, but also observed how a restaurant kitchen was run by a real chef. It was like going to a London theatre and having your meal at the same time. The food and wine were excellent. Everything was perfect, including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 17/10/2014We enjoyed a fantastic evening meal, the menu was diffetent and exciting, the food lived up to our expectations, my husband had the lobster and I had a veggie choice, both meals were delicious. The service was excellent and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfoodie5000Dined on 16/10/2014This place never disappoints. Great atmosphere. Great food. Great service.Special Features:
- Good honest foodElleVIPDined on 14/10/2014No fancy plating, foams or distractions, just great produce cooked beautifully. Every dish was such a delight to taste,great idea to have options regarding portion size too. Staff were friendly and not condescending or arrogant. Looking at how busy it was many obviously agree with me.Special Features:
- Great pasta!LMY2Dined on 13/10/2014Fantastic food!! Best Italian food in London! The clam pasta is amazing.
- Disappointing lunchCMP30Dined on 12/10/2014Visiting Bocca di Lupo for the second time I expected it to meet my expectations. Unfortunately the food was mediocre, the service was good but while we were still having dessert staff started moving tables around making us feel uncomfortable and rushing us to leave.
- MidKateDined on 12/10/2014Lovely meal. The food was absolutely beautiful, and the service was 5 star. Very extensive menu. Dishes are usually served family style, so you can choose/taste many dishes. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious and cold.Lupine11Dined on 11/10/2014When you think of Italian food you think of passion, quality, warmth and quantity, Bocca Di Lupo was a cold, pretentious restaurant masquerading as an Italian. As soon as I arrived I was disappointed to find that even though I had booked a table for two, two and half weeks before, only being able to secure a 10pm slot, we were sat at the bar shoulder to shoulder with other diners. This makes you feel like you are not wanted and rushed into eating what is basically a taster menu of average food. The wine was superb and the service was good but after spending £140 and having sat on a stool I left hungry with a sore back. Personally I want to enjoy my food and the atmosphere, not eat at a place because it happens to be in vogue.
- UnityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014A true tour de force, the attitude in the kitchen echo's around the entire restaurant. Fun, equality and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant clock watch! No desertFoodieGroupieDined on 10/10/2014It would have been wonderful dining experience if we didn't keep having different staff come up to harass us about the time! I think our meal got interrupted 5-6 times by staff reminding us about the time. One even tried to lecture us that we only have the table until 7.30 at 6.15!! The booking was 5.30-7.30 and they really want us out by 7.30 not 7.31!! We couldn't dine leisurely. In the end we left at 7.05 without our desert or coffee! The food was lovely but not cheap. Lovely margarita (not frozen) even though it wasn't on the menu so thank you to the bar staff :) Overall I'd recommend if you want quick dining but not if you want to dine leisurely or if you go with your girlfriends! Definitely not business with all the interruptions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent servicesznadeDined on 8/10/2014Service was very prompt and there is a good choice of wine. I think the standard is still as good as when I visited this place when it first opened.Special Features:
- Outstanding !!!JohnnyCDined on 4/10/2014Always a great way to eat - Tapas style sharing plates, which also means you don't eat as much as with standard course structures. Also great alternatives to traditional desserts - Blood sausage chocolate salami and lemon sgroppini!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always special, always newDCMCDined on 4/10/2014service, food, wine, atmosphere. Phil and his team serve up 100% of everything you'd ever want for a great experience, faultlessly, every single time.Special Features:
- Paul54HewittFish4lifeDined on 3/10/2014On entering the restaurant we were welcomed by friendly front of house, given a good table and attended by a knowlegable efficient waitress who explained the options on the menu. Food and wine were great picks and made a great start to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianjaneDined on 2/10/2014Recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. Wonderful time before theater.Special Features:
- AdorableLudforti1975Dined on 1/10/2014My husband and I had a great experience here! We really enjoyed the food, the service is great, the wine great, but in our opinion the best it was stayed in the balcony, watch the cheff doing the plates was amazing!!! We recomend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent :-)FrandyDined on 28/9/2014Excellent service, great food & extensive wine selectionSpecial Features:
- Bocca di Lupo - best Italian mealVermicelloDined on 28/9/2014A restaurant suited to all occasions where you can relax, be yourself and eat your heart out. The menu is original but not quirky and the food a feast for the eyes as well as the mouth. New tastes burst on the tongue, familiar but different and so much better than at home, though with something very homely about the cooking. Impressive wine list and excellent advice. Impeccable service - warm, friendly, but at just the distance to let you enjoy your meal in privacy knowing you are being looked after when needed. I have recommended this restaurant to many friends, several of whom know it already and say it is their favourite. If you don't know it yet, you won't be disappointed. The best Italian in London, and possibly anywhere!Special Features:
- lkeenanVIPDined on 26/9/2014very tasty creative Italian fare. Especially good with seafood and vegetablesSpecial Features:
- Great Food butLunaDined on 21/9/2014The food is really one of the best in London, real Italian food. For once it seemed like to be really in Italy. Also the service is fast and the people are kind..except may be the maitre d..dressed in grey , he brought us a portion of burnt artichokes , literally, I mean come on! have a look before serving !We had already previously artichokes they were cooked properly and very good but the portion he brought us were really impossible to eat, like eating burnt paper...so of course we sent them back. For the rest the dinner was perfect, everything was sooo good...which makes it even more strange to be served burnt food :) we will go back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LupoContentoDined on 20/9/2014There were so many good dishes on offer that it was impossible to try them all. Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The flavour of the food was exceptional. I found it a little noisy and the counter was quite high but it was fun watching the food being prepared - we got some tips for home cooking! We are looking for an opportunity to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever favouritemusomecDined on 18/9/2014Probably still my favourite restaurant in London for special occasions. Food is always stunning and the staff are so friendly.Special Features:
- Very good!Divyaspandana1982Dined on 15/9/2014Good service, good food, good ambience & definitely would like to go back. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchjofranceDined on 13/9/2014This was our first visit to Bocca. It was just one of the most memorable meals we have had. Food, staff, attention to detail and the ambiance were all perfect. We wished we still lived in London so we could visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocca di LupoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014A fantastic lunch experience Sat at the chefs counter. Great food and advice from the waitressSpecial Features:
- Awesome Italian!TommychelsDined on 12/9/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service, great wine. Easily the best Italian I have eaten in outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Spoiled by.....BiriDined on 11/9/2014I booked a table 3 months in advance to treat one of my team and his wife to dinner so imagine how I felt at being shown to a table smack bang in the middle between 2 aisles just where all courses are delivered to all tables - it was like being sat in the middle of Piccadilly. I do admit that I didn't complain but that was only because I didn't want to make a fuss. The day before the meal I was called an told that they needed that table back in 2 hours. I should have argued the point that having weaited for 3 months I didn't wish to be rushed. So onto the food - Pretty brilliant to be honest, other than the girolle/pasta dish which was tasteless and the desserts which quite frankly were a disaster!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014This was our fifth time dining in bocca. Food was great as per usual. I thought on this occasion the staff let them down somewhat. Front of house was v.friendly but our waiter was lacking in personality/not overly friendly. We have had lovely waiters on previous visits but not v.endearing on this occasion.On enquiring about the possibility of getting gelupo ice cream from their sister shop across the road (where they get all the frozen desserts on their menu anyway) we were told no way,even though this was an option previously.We would have happily paid whatever price.Ended up just going there for dessert instead which cut our meal short. Passed the floor manager on the way out with no goodbye/thanks for coming etc. from him which was poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an excellent choice!Mandarinos23Dined on 5/9/2014A thoroughly enjoyable lunch. All staff both friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful with the unusual menu. Food was very good. The restaurant chosen via Web recommendations, all of which we happily agree with. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.