Bocca Di Lupo
12 Archer Street
London, W1D 7BBNeighborhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Bocca Di Lupo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccadilupo.com/
- Phone: 02077342223
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.30pm - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Monday - Saturday: 5.30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Kenedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Bespoke off-site catering is available on request - email email@example.com.
A word from Bocca Di Lupo
Jacob Kenedy and Victor Hugo opened Bocca di Lupo in November 2008. The restaurant has since received various awards and accolades for its stripped-down, honest regional Italian cuisine. Despite the buzzy feel and glamourous surroundings, we are a family business, a small and humble trattoria at heart. We specialise in the obscure and the delicious highlights of food and wine from all across Italy's twenty regions. If we can make something ourselves, we do - gelati, breads, sausages, salame, pickles, mostarda, and pasta of course - the rest is carefully sourced from Italy. A selection of Italian wines and home-made and imported foods is available for delivery, along with our famous gelato, from Gelupo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bocca Di Lupo - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Bocca Di Lupo reviews from OpenTable diners
570 reviews since 20 May 2014
fit for foodies (331)pre/post theatre (303)special occasions (260)romance (191)business meals (138)good vegetarian options (88)group bookings (71)sunday lunch (67)outstanding value (52)brunch (43)child friendly (18)disabled access (6)outdoor eating (6)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- Very good!Divyaspandana1982Dined on 15/9/2014Good service, good food, good ambience & definitely would like to go back. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian!TommychelsDined on 12/9/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service, great wine. Easily the best Italian I have eaten in outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Spoiled by.....BiriDined on 11/9/2014I booked a table 3 months in advance to treat one of my team and his wife to dinner so imagine how I felt at being shown to a table smack bang in the middle between 2 aisles just where all courses are delivered to all tables - it was like being sat in the middle of Piccadilly. I do admit that I didn't complain but that was only because I didn't want to make a fuss. The day before the meal I was called an told that they needed that table back in 2 hours. I should have argued the point that having weaited for 3 months I didn't wish to be rushed. So onto the food - Pretty brilliant to be honest, other than the girolle/pasta dish which was tasteless and the desserts which quite frankly were a disaster!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014This was our fifth time dining in bocca. Food was great as per usual. I thought on this occasion the staff let them down somewhat. Front of house was v.friendly but our waiter was lacking in personality/not overly friendly. We have had lovely waiters on previous visits but not v.endearing on this occasion.On enquiring about the possibility of getting gelupo ice cream from their sister shop across the road (where they get all the frozen desserts on their menu anyway) we were told no way,even though this was an option previously.We would have happily paid whatever price.Ended up just going there for dessert instead which cut our meal short. Passed the floor manager on the way out with no goodbye/thanks for coming etc. from him which was poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an excellent choice!Mandarinos23Dined on 5/9/2014A thoroughly enjoyable lunch. All staff both friendly and knowledgeable and very helpful with the unusual menu. Food was very good. The restaurant chosen via Web recommendations, all of which we happily agree with. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smilejaneDined on 2/9/2014The service is excellent and the food first class. We enjoyed both the tapas type courses and the mains. The sea bream was first class.Special Features:
- Great food and great ambienceAliBCDined on 30/8/2014The family loved it. Food came out in time for our pre-theatre and it was delicious! Definitely would go again.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fresh FoodDebbieBDined on 30/8/2014Don't come here looking for a 'bog-standard' Italian with the usual menu. Yes, there are still some favourites but a whole range of classic but unexpected variety of dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little of this,a little of that24dinnerDined on 29/8/2014Choices galore bring you a taste of Italy not often experienced .This trendy gem covers recipes from all your favorite regions of Italy.Highly recommended by US restaurant mavens, they weren't wrong. Highlight of the evening was the remarkably presented Tuscan Steak served with a veggie side of spinach with pine nuts and raisins. Save room for dessert. Just point to one and say bring this. They are all delicious. I toast Bocca Di Lupo with a Prosecco which must be part of this amazing dinner.Special Features:
- Bocca disappointsshezzaDined on 28/8/2014I've known about this restaurant for a while and have looked forward to eating there. I was expecting excellent service and outstanding food, which I knew would not be cheap. The service was really poor. We were left without being offered water or drinks for up to half an hour. The food did not live up to expectations. Whilst some of what we chose was really good, my spider crab linguine was average - I could produce the same at home. In mitigation the manager that night was good in dealing with our issues as regards service, apologising and assuring us that she would take the matter up, and taking a sum off our bill for pre dinner drinks. She also went out and got taxis for us. I would hesitate to recommend Bocca to friends.
- Was not what we were expecting!!!MikeGoldDined on 28/8/2014We were always passing in front of this restaurant and having an ice-cream in the shop just in front of (Gelupo), that is delicious! We were very curious and finally we booked for my partner birthday. We reserved on line and the only available table was at 10.00pm. When we arrived they granted us with a very nice and funny attitude. The food was not so great especially for that price. The room is very very noisy and the table very close, so no privacy! The kitchen is open and you can get all the smell and the noisy from there! Basically first and last time!
- kat3Dined on 26/8/2014My favourite London restaurant for sublime food and sharing with friends.Special Features:
- AmazingNYCNeilDined on 24/8/2014Very attentive service coupled with tasty, fresh food makes for a great combination. We came here with our family including young children. We are NYC people and have a high standard for food and service. This resturant was amazing. Relaxed atmosphere, slightly contemporary and very welcoming. I've already recommended the resturant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P[easing PastataffDined on 24/8/2014We have returned here because the Pasta dishes are excellent; recently with wild garlic or in season mushrooms. There is always something new. innovative and seasonal on the menu. Everything we have tried has proved to be delicious Wine is available by glass, carafe or bottle - sizes suiting the occasion and the time you have to spend. It has always been good value. Not always managed a sweet but if you regret that decision as you leave there is always partner Gelupo across the road selling very good gelatoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian TapasRJS1Dined on 22/8/2014This was our first visit to Bocca Di Lupo but it certainly won't be our last. We sat at the counter and watched the magic happen right before our eyes. We tried several small dishes which were excellent, elegantly presented and packed with flavour. The only downfall was watching all of the other dishes which we hadn't ordered being prepared right in front of us. Will definitely have to go back and try some more.Special Features:
- LovelyBethDined on 20/8/2014Delicious food, prompt service, good value. As tables are quite close together you can't always hear person opposite you properly but apart from that it was a perfect dinner!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceLizzieDined on 18/8/2014The food was fabulous- best squid I think I've ever had. Lovely menu selections, great atmosphere and friendly service. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- JPJPDined on 17/8/2014Great lazy afternoon at Bocca di Lupa, Authentic regional Italian food with flair.Special Features:
- Chef's CounterKitMPVIPDined on 11/8/2014Went for a business meeting. It was a great way to meet, sharing food, watching everything being made in front of you and the wine list is superb. Definitely coming again.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodGeorgeDined on 10/8/2014The food here is excellent, and sitting at the bar makes for an entertaining & interesting twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbBimalVIPDined on 10/8/2014An excellent restaurant best to sit at the counter and enjoy the Italian tapas, with a glass or 2 of Prosecco. Just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBrooksyDined on 9/8/2014Food and wine were superb highly recommend this to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Great foodsznadeDined on 9/8/2014I love the fact that they have different sizes of meals - fantastic if you do not want to eat too much (but feel satisfied because of the great tasting meal) or want a bigger meal. We had friendly and attentive staff. Would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchBethDined on 2/8/2014This visit was disappointing; we had dined here before and it was so much better! The kitchen closes at 3pm so if you arrive after 2pm you are rushed; there is a shortage of starters and service is a little diffident. The tables are also very close to each other so there is little room to spread. They should not allow bookings from 2pm onwards if there is going to be conflict with the kitchen. They didn't seem to be able to improvise and offer a mixed salad....in an Italian restaurant!!!! Running out of food at 2pm is also not a good sign. The food, and wine, is good, it has to be said. I think it's a case of an Italian restaurant starting off very well and then becoming complacent....shame....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014Ate here at 6 p.m. on a Fri. evening, a great buzz in the restaurant, not at all 'stuffy' as we feared it might be. The food was excellent and was served with a minimum of fuss.Special Features:
- Always goodDanMDined on 31/7/2014I try to visit as many times as I can when In town.... Brilliant at the bar or table. If you can,do go.
- Chef's table is my favourite seatjardaokDined on 29/7/2014This is my favourite Italian for a lunch. I always prefer to be seated at the chef's table, the seat which is maybe not so comfortable but you can closely watch all the organized rush how single meals are prepared. Exciting experience!Special Features:
- A Little DisappointedJosepha67Dined on 28/7/2014We attended this restaurant for a pre-theatre dinner, chosen from the A la carte menu. The menu was extensive enough, with my family all choosing pasta and myself opting for a couple of starters and a side dish to start. The restaurant was very noisy, unlike other restaurants we have tried for pre-theatre such as Arbutus, but the food was good and the wine choice fantastic. I was a little disappointed with the side of Caponata. A Sicilian dish, I have eaten it many times in Sicily and usually consists of Melanzane, celery, potato & capers in sweetened vinegar and usually eaten cold. This was served hot and basically consisted of sautéed onions! It just spoilt my experience.Special Features:
- JoyfulBertieofCamberleyDined on 27/7/2014Sunday evening booked through Open Table. The atmosphere was lively, service was friendly, efficient and food was great. My only query was the lack of space between tables. Aside from that, a jolly time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above average Italian foodloreleypvDined on 27/7/2014We went there for Sunday lunch and, being Italian, I can say that the starters, especially the "fritti romani" were very nice and homemade and the pasta too was amazing. I would have expected more from the mussels (like in a deep plate with some of their cooking liquid, instead they were a bit dry) and the squids, which were nice but a bit burnt. The chili bruschetta with pork neck steak was very juicy and tasteful, so was the dessert "le palle del nonno". I would definitely recommend it, even though the service was pretty average and the waiter was not really professional for the standard of the restaurant (serving men before women, serving wine in the wrong way and he did not recognize that the wine was corked).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLiDFDined on 26/7/2014Excellent food, better than most celeb haunts, and without the fuss and hype of celebrity. Staff brilliant, advise you well on the menu and how much to order, and you're given a good gap inbetween courses. Even though it says 2 hours per table, you don't feel rushed, and you're not rushed out the door as soon as the 2 hours hits. Love this place, my favourite restaurant in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed at Bocca!KatBellDined on 26/7/2014My husband and I love this place and were so pleased to get an early dinner reservation on a Saturday, as it's always booked up way in advance. It's a shame the menu doesn't offer gluten-free pasta, but the options are so extensive the difficulty will be in deciding what NOT to eat. The shaved radish and celeriac salad with parmesan and truffle oil was so perfect on a hot summer day. The scallop risotto was super light, al dente, just the right portion for a primi. The roast suckling pig was so succulent...and definitely enough for two people to share, after several earlier courses. Borlotti beans with tomato and fennel complimented it well. Wine recommendations are always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPetraDined on 25/7/2014Me and my friend loved this place. Food was excellent and service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocca di LupoTammyVIPDined on 24/7/2014What a fantastic place! The food and ambience recommends this place to the foodie in us all. Plates are small, medium and large and one is encouraged to share, mostly as curiosity will get the better of you. Stuffed courgette flowers were delicious, lamb sweetbreads suculent and the roast suckling pig, sensational. There was not really room enough for dessert but still we cracked on with a couple of aged grappas and the chocolate terrine with pigs blood. Sounds weird? Was de-lish. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Always amazing!EatinLDNDined on 23/7/2014Another visit to London, another fine meal at Bocca Di Lupo. Gracious service and outstanding food. Quality ingredients prepared with expertise and care. Buzzy atmosphere. We had a table for our family of four but the chef's counter is not to be missed if you are a party of two. Always amazing.Special Features:
- LondonsaraDined on 23/7/2014You can eat a lot here, there are so many yummy options! The tripe is delightful, but everything really was good. Table a bit on the small size, and quite close to each other however the staff is lovely and the place is packed pretty much any time of the day. The Cassata was fantastic, very rich, totally a dessert to share in my opinion. They also have an ice cream place right opposite the restaurant. Lovely, easy going restaurant, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Excellent againLouandIanDined on 21/7/2014Excellent as always! Seven dishes between us (2) and all lovely. Fantastic wine recommendation to a wine that we would not have chosen ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad time in LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/7/2014Start to finish dining 30 minutes and another 30 minutes to get bill and pay. Sitting at a tiny space at bar in front of chefs was loud, hot and not enjoyable. For booking a reservation three weeks in advance I would have expected better.
- Anniversary Dinnerlil1Dined on 19/7/2014We went to Bocca dio Lupa on Saturday 19/09. We've been once before but had forgotten wonderful an experience it is. Unlike many Italian restaurants you really do not find food you could have cooked up at home. We had small portions & shared some of them which meant we had variety but never felt overfull or bloated. Sage leaves stuffed with anchovy, anchovy stuffed with sage, deep fried artichoke were exquisite, packing a punch far above their size. Pasta with burnt walnut pesto then mixed grilled fish and my husband's mixed grilled meats - well I'm running out of superlatives. We finished off with a blood orange granita and cassata siciliana, all washed down by a bottle of Ribolla wine - new to us but a we'd buy it again.
- Lived up to the hypehlmandhpDined on 19/7/2014I have wanted to come here for a while and eventually came with my gf for her bday for lunch before a matinee showing of a musical close by. The food was fantastic, the service was very friendly and informative, (by stopping us ordering too much, and confirming our food choices). They provided some very good wine recommendations, and even gave a complimentary chocolate covered home-made marzipan ball, for my gf as a bday gift. I have to re-iterate the food was AMAZING, I want to go back and try all the things we didn't get. Oh and being at the chef's table/bar overlooking the kitchen is good fun watching the chefs handle so many orders, and turning out plate after plate of very high quality food.Special Features: