Bocca Di Lupo
12 Archer Street
London, W1D 7BBNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
Bocca Di Lupo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boccadilupo.com/
- Phone: 020 7734 2223
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.30pm - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm – 4pm
Monday - Saturday: 5.30pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Kenedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Bespoke off-site catering is available on request - email email@example.com.
A word from Bocca Di Lupo
Jacob Kenedy and Victor Hugo opened Bocca di Lupo in November 2008. The restaurant has since received various awards and accolades for its stripped-down, honest regional Italian cuisine. Despite the buzzy feel and glamourous surroundings, we are a family business, a small and humble trattoria at heart. We specialise in the obscure and the delicious highlights of food and wine from all across Italy's twenty regions. If we can make something ourselves, we do - gelati, breads, sausages, salame, pickles, mostarda, and pasta of course - the rest is carefully sourced from Italy. A selection of Italian wines and home-made and imported foods is available for delivery, along with our famous gelato, from Gelupo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bocca Di Lupo - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Bocca Di Lupo reviews from OpenTable diners
595 reviews since 23 November 2013
fit for foodies (346)pre/post theatre (300)special occasions (254)romance (189)business meals (136)good vegetarian options (84)group bookings (67)sunday lunch (66)outstanding value (58)brunch (46)child friendly (17)outdoor eating (9)disabled access (6)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Poor food, rushed experienceClaudsDined on 22/11/2014On arrival I was told our table had another seating for 14:30 - giving us very little time for a ladies lunch. I should have been told in advance to make alternative arrangements. However , we smiled and adapted. Service was shocking! The service manager was abrupt and rude. The waiting staff not efficient ( although our personal waitress was good) And unfortunately the food was very poor - although it was affordable enough to write it off as a bad experience. Note to restaurant....there were other tables available - you should have restructured your seating to accommodate the new seating as we would have then spent a LOT more money on wine, puddings , after lunch liqueurs and coffees - and you would have made a larger profit! You have also lost 8 potential future customers by your shocking planning of kicking out a table an hour earlier - when you had capacity at other tables, and not communicating before the day. Re- address your on floor manager and approach - personally I would not recommend anyone to go to this restaurant again if you don't want to be herded around like cattle and rushed
- modern Italian restaurantAlisonDined on 20/11/2014Great atmosphere and service. Well-executed authentic ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Style ItalianManfredDined on 20/11/2014The small dishes of Italian staples were excellent and allowed for 6 or 7 between the two of us. we were recommended a Barolo which was excellent beyond its price. We sat at the bar watching the chefs at work and it was fascinating. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, Crowded, Tired Decor, Good FoodWestEndJoeDined on 19/11/2014I live half the year in Italy. I am writer of books on the country and its food. The menu here is authentically Italian. But with the choice and number of world-class restaurants now available in London you can have a more rewarding restaurant experience in a 101 other restaurants in the capital. Things have moved on apace since Bocca Di Lupo first opened some four years ago. They need to up their game, in particular work on creating a less frantic dining experience.Special Features:
- Never ever again!LillyDined on 16/11/2014We booked a romantic table for two 1 month in advance. The night before arrival the restaurant reconfirmed the booking by telephone. The night of the dinner we showed up and the waitress said, that she had booked us two nice seats at the bar...??We thought first it was a joke...Obviously they had an overboooking, which we as foreign and confirmed customers didn't really care about...Anyway, we left and went back to our beautiful hotel Ham Yard, just around the corner and had a wonderful and romantic dinner. To the concierge we mentionned...never ever to recommend this restaurant to a customer...
- POST THEATRE DINNER AT BOCCA DI LUPOhampshirefrenchDined on 15/11/2014Bocca Di Lupo is one of our favourites for After Theatre Dinner and we always look forward to dining there and try and book a bar seating. Food and wines as always were superb, Staff patient and attentive and management still had time to stop and talk. The place is "buzzing" and the chefs work arduously at preparing really well thought out Food. We were overcharged a bottle of San Pellegrino, but who cares! And thank you for letting us taste that White Pino Grigio tinged pink, lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday meal delightrichardjkirkDined on 15/11/2014great birthday meal, some of the dishes seemed extra but the quality of food was amazing. We're still trying to work out why the ice is in the toilets... Cooling though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchJP25Dined on 15/11/2014I was taken here for lunch as a gift. The food was excellent, the service a little hurried and impersonal.The restaurant was very busy as soon as it was open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bocca di LupoTumbleDined on 10/11/2014Busy restaurant, excellent food and service. Tables a little too close together. Service prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and Responsive as EverVouchermanDined on 8/11/2014We arrived late Saturday night after the theatre. It was as busy as ever with every table taken and as well as most of the seats by the kitchen and bar. We had seats by the bar (it was a bit hot near the kitchen!), It was mostly women on the bar seats enjoying the view of the good-looking Italian bar tenders mixing their cocktails. Our waiter was attentive and friendly and happy to chat despite being busy. The bar tender gave us a freebie sample of a cocktail after we got chatting about it and we also had a chat with an ex manager who popped in to say hello. All in all, a very sociable evening! Oh, I almost forgot to say, the food was excellent and served very quickly after placing our order despite the full house. Would go again any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRobfromozDined on 7/11/2014One of the most memorable and wonderful means my wife and I have ever had. Just amazing food. Brilliant, helpful service. Sit at the bench in front of the chefs if you can. The grilled Cornish anchovies and the nduja pasta were incredibly good. As was the fried squid, and the salad with truffle dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully different!JanskiDined on 6/11/2014Good robust Italian food - interesting range, delicious.Special Features:
- StunningCulinarychicaVIPDined on 6/11/2014Went to Bocca Di Lupo with a friend on a Thursday lunchtime. I booked a few weeks in advance as I'd wanted to go here for ages (booking a table for a Saturday is tricky!). Friendly staff from the moment we went in. We sat at the bar (rather than in the back restaurant) and watched the chefs skilfully cooking plate upon plate of fresh, beautiful, mouth-watering dishes. Sitting at the bar is way better than sitting in the restaurant as there is so much to see (if you love food) and you get an idea of what you could have. Even the most plain sounding dishes (for example roast pumpkin) had such depth of flavour and subtle touches they were to die for. I've never rated anywhere 5/5 on the opentable site, but this gets a big fat 5. Stunning.Special Features:
- Great ItalianAnna80Dined on 1/11/2014Amazing quality at relatively reasonable prices! Not you average ItalianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCharlotteDined on 31/10/2014Service, food, wine, welcoming, atmosphere - everything was really excellent and friendly! Would love to come back and to recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodEmilyQinVIPDined on 31/10/2014The service was warm and welcoming, we ordered quite a lot of food and the waiter stopped me before ordering one more and said it's already more than enough. It's really helpful that you can have a small portion of each of the dishes so you can try more varieties. All the food tasted great, one of the best pasta we had in London, all meat dishes are full of flavor as well. Definitely recommended. One point to note, as we ordered a lot of small plates, they kind of all came at the same time, and some of the food went a bit cold. It would be good to have a small break between each dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful truffle-heavy lunchLondonDCDined on 31/10/2014Friendly, informed service and an excellent sommelier paired with great food (and white alba truffles from Gelupo across the road). Lovely lazy lunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food is guaranteedLoubyLouBDined on 28/10/2014Always a wonderful experience. Authentic italian restaurant, fresh and seasonal menu, lots of choice, amazing service- so attentive. Can't fault it.Special Features:
- orient8Dined on 28/10/2014Excellent, charming, knowledgeable service - the waiter was Spanish. Interesting menu and cooked and presented very well. Sadly only one cheese for dessert.Special Features:
- Good food but won't be coming backEllie01VIPDined on 27/10/2014The restaurant looked nice and the food was good, but we were really quite disappointed. Reasons: one, we asked for balsamic vinegar with the bread and olive oil and the waitress told us they didn't have any. We then saw the chef (it's an open kitchen) use some and asked again. It was duly provided (a very small amount) and we were shocked to find at the end of the meal that they had charged us for this. It's not the money - this is a nice restaurant, and charging us for balsamic vinegar was not classy at all. Two, a 12.5% tip was automatically added for a table of two. We would have tipped generously anyway, as our waitress was helpful but an automatic tip for only two people always leaves a bad taste.
- Oh it's goodpheenixDined on 26/10/2014I recently had the absolute pleasure of coming to Bocca di Lupo on a Sunday at 12:30, early enough to get a seat (though I reserved) and pretty much everything was on point. The food was pretty stellar - we had venison tartare which I can do nothing but recommend; it was buttery-rich and very flavourful, served with lemon and rocket. The mozzarella bocconcini were among the freshest things I have ever had the joy of tasting. Mains were arguably even better - the pumpkin and amaretti cappellaci were fantastic, and the suckling pig was absolutely fabulous - I'm pretty sure I have not tasted a finer example.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/10/2014The food, the service, the quality were all flawless.Special Features:
- amp238Dined on 23/10/2014The food was exceptionally good! Every course was excellent! Authentic Italian, yet modern in their approach. I recommend it!Special Features:
- Always good...Travelguy65Dined on 23/10/2014I always stop here when I am in London. This time the disappointment was that the good was not paced out as well as I would have liked with 3 items coming at once and then 4 items coming at once. I think this could have been spread out to a third course. To boot the second course was warm at best and we has to send back the good to receive hot food--not their best performance but won't stop me from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavours and a buzzy placeDolcettoDined on 21/10/2014This is my second visit to Bocca di Lupo - the last was two years ago. It's not cheap, but the food is very good, adventurous and delicious. Service is fab, if tending towards the gushy! And it's a lot of fun to sit up at the bar and watch the chefs at work. We had small plates again - you get to taste more things that way. But the whole menu is tempting, and everything we saw go out looked (and smelled) really good. The wine list is also amazing - although we had (excellent, unusual) cocktails this time, I can't wait to go back, eat more and drink something serious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superior italian food without fusslotuseaterDined on 20/10/2014great variety and flavour, good selection of multi regional italian cooking, wine suggestion very good, welcoming and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Fabulous ItalianFood24Dined on 19/10/2014This is my husbands favourite Italian restaurant. Lovely decor, fabulous service, wonderful interesting foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food everNYCGirlinLondonDined on 18/10/2014Bocca di Lupo is my favourite restaurant in London. The regional dishes aren't something you'll find in London, and not all at one restaurant in Italy either. The staff is extremely professional and friendly, and if you like wine make sure you chat with the sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table at the barkristineDined on 18/10/2014Must admit that we were rather disappointed by having a seat at the bar after having booked a table for two. That is not what I expect when I book a table long in advance, and we would have chosen somewhere else had we known (we were warned that we might be placed somewhere else in the confirmation, but I never thought it would happen as a routine). That being said - the food was lovely, and so was the staff, that was attentive and kind.Special Features:
- More than just a mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014We have been to Bocca Di Lupo for a Saturday lunch. We were in London to celebrate our 11th anniversary and I had written this while I had been booking a table via Open Table. We were told that we were given the most popular seats, which were on the stools just in front of the chef. It was really an exceptional experience to have the meal in front of a cooking team lead by a good chef. We not only followed how our dishes were prepared, but also observed how a restaurant kitchen was run by a real chef. It was like going to a London theatre and having your meal at the same time. The food and wine were excellent. Everything was perfect, including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 17/10/2014We enjoyed a fantastic evening meal, the menu was diffetent and exciting, the food lived up to our expectations, my husband had the lobster and I had a veggie choice, both meals were delicious. The service was excellent and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfoodie5000Dined on 16/10/2014This place never disappoints. Great atmosphere. Great food. Great service.Special Features:
- Good honest foodElleVIPDined on 14/10/2014No fancy plating, foams or distractions, just great produce cooked beautifully. Every dish was such a delight to taste,great idea to have options regarding portion size too. Staff were friendly and not condescending or arrogant. Looking at how busy it was many obviously agree with me.Special Features:
- Great pasta!LMY2Dined on 13/10/2014Fantastic food!! Best Italian food in London! The clam pasta is amazing.
- Disappointing lunchCMP30Dined on 12/10/2014Visiting Bocca di Lupo for the second time I expected it to meet my expectations. Unfortunately the food was mediocre, the service was good but while we were still having dessert staff started moving tables around making us feel uncomfortable and rushing us to leave.
- MidKateDined on 12/10/2014Lovely meal. The food was absolutely beautiful, and the service was 5 star. Very extensive menu. Dishes are usually served family style, so you can choose/taste many dishes. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious and cold.Lupine11Dined on 11/10/2014When you think of Italian food you think of passion, quality, warmth and quantity, Bocca Di Lupo was a cold, pretentious restaurant masquerading as an Italian. As soon as I arrived I was disappointed to find that even though I had booked a table for two, two and half weeks before, only being able to secure a 10pm slot, we were sat at the bar shoulder to shoulder with other diners. This makes you feel like you are not wanted and rushed into eating what is basically a taster menu of average food. The wine was superb and the service was good but after spending £140 and having sat on a stool I left hungry with a sore back. Personally I want to enjoy my food and the atmosphere, not eat at a place because it happens to be in vogue.
- UnityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014A true tour de force, the attitude in the kitchen echo's around the entire restaurant. Fun, equality and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant clock watch! No desertFoodieGroupieDined on 10/10/2014It would have been wonderful dining experience if we didn't keep having different staff come up to harass us about the time! I think our meal got interrupted 5-6 times by staff reminding us about the time. One even tried to lecture us that we only have the table until 7.30 at 6.15!! The booking was 5.30-7.30 and they really want us out by 7.30 not 7.31!! We couldn't dine leisurely. In the end we left at 7.05 without our desert or coffee! The food was lovely but not cheap. Lovely margarita (not frozen) even though it wasn't on the menu so thank you to the bar staff :) Overall I'd recommend if you want quick dining but not if you want to dine leisurely or if you go with your girlfriends! Definitely not business with all the interruptions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent servicesznadeDined on 8/10/2014Service was very prompt and there is a good choice of wine. I think the standard is still as good as when I visited this place when it first opened.Special Features: