London, SW7 4QHNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bombaybrasserielondon.com/
- Phone: 02073704040x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday lunch 12pm – 3pm,
Monday- Saturday dinner 6.00pm – 11:30 pm
Saturday -Sunday lunch 12pm – 3:30pm,
Sunday dinner 6.00pm – 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Prahlad Hegde
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Sometimes an occasion is a private affair. Let our private dining room become your own private Bombay. Whether you are looking for lunch, dinner or a corporate hospitality venue, our dedicated team will take care of each step, from seating arrangements to bespoke menus. The private dining room can accommodate up to 16 guests.
To enquire about private dining please call +44 (0) 20 7370 4040
- Private Party Contact: Shailesh Pandya 02073704040x
- Special Events: Saturday & Sunday brunch buffet, served from 12.00pm to 3.30pm
A word from Bombay Brasserie
One of the worlds most acclaimed Indian restaurant serving authentic regional cuisine in a sophisticated raj style splendour with a conservatory.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
Bombay Brasserie - Best restaurants in Kensington ›
Bombay Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since 2 June 2014
business meals (77)special occasions (77)good vegetarian options (48)fit for foodies (44)romance (36)group bookings (30)sunday lunch (24)outstanding value (16)pre/post theatre (15)outdoor eating (9)brunch (8)child friendly (7)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- TerribleMissesNandProfDined on 19/9/2014Not authentic Indian cooking. Atmosphere was zero, room too large, poor room decor. Food arrived cold, and had to wait along time to be served and to receive food. Waiters were good and knowledgable but a shame the food was bland and tasteless.
- qwertyDined on 17/9/2014Fabulous atmosphere, friendly staff and the food was superb. A hidden gem amongst the myriad of Indian restaurants in LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Expensive Slow servicePhilDined on 16/9/2014Arrived on time and immediately sat at table in lovely room. Quite loud but very nice. Waited a long time for menus and even longer for order to be taken. Meal was delicious if pricey. Drinks only arrived with main course and were wrong so had to be sent back. £100 for curry for 2 seems excessive even for London (shared starter 2 simple mains)Special Features:
- Overall DissapointedPaulDined on 6/9/2014The food was good and some was outstanding. However, It did not warant the price. Putting my comments in perspective the cost was 4 times the price of my best local Indian cuisine and maybe 10% better. Better not in quality but in variation away from high street menu content. For a business meal this would be a good restuarant but for Mr and Mrs average i was dissapointed.Special Features:
- Never disappointsGlobalFoodieDined on 1/9/2014My first dinner at Bombay Brasserie was in 1996. It was so memorable I vowed to always return any time I was in London. I've kept that vow and have taken friends and family to dine at Bombay Brasserie for almost 20 years. The menu has changed over the years but the quality, service and flavors are still the best. This is not a neighborhood curry restaurant. It is a 5 Star restaurant fit for the most discerning foodies.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.AswinSekharDined on 26/8/2014I have visited this restaurant few times. Food is brilliant. Little over priced. But still worth the experience. Wonderful ambience and very helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillmDined on 24/8/2014Excellent food and service. Been here many times. I support the plan they have to revamp the decor....should be more Indian! Dr. Phillip A. MorganSpecial Features:
- Best indian food outside indiaDWITESTDined on 13/8/2014Best prawns and lamb I ever ate. The fritted spinache has been a sensation. Very well trained staff. Everything fast, quiet and relaxing. First we had a drink at the bar and then everything happended quick but comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a mark-up!dealzonmealzDined on 11/8/2014Never Again. Being part of a hotel you're always going to pay a premium, but £7 for a half pint of Kingfisher (being the cheapest beer on the menu) meant that 2 of us, having 2 pints came to a staggering £56.This is South Kensington, not Monaco. The food sounded delicious on the menu, but was quite bland, took an eternity to arrive and was subsequently lukewarm. Service was OK, as was the ambiance, but it's never going to be "buzzing" with 2 parties of 20 from a conference...
- Best Indian foodMrsBagxanderDined on 9/8/2014My hubby and I went there as part of our honeymoon weekend. I knew nothing about the restaurant apart from the fact it had had good reviews - and I now enthusiastically add mine to it! A little hidden away (we were worried it was shut as we had to push open the door!) with a lovely, surprising surrounding - a high-ceilinged room with a rose window! The service was very good indeed and the food... OHHH, the food. WOW. Absolutely delicious! Wished we could have tried everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value....FoodieDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant is not what it used to be 10 years ago - the food back then was authentic and while a bit on the expensive side it was worth it. I found the food is now more bland, the waiter forgot a portion of our order and I had to remind him of it. The dinner portions were small and overall I found it poor value to money. On a positive note when I found that I needed to order more food for the table they were able to bring it out double-quick. Overall it seems that the restaurant now caters more to the gulf arab crowd that hangs about Knightsbridge and South Ken rather than standing out as a long time authentic Indian restaurant.
- Not your usual Curry HouseTimothyDined on 2/8/2014The food was quite simply delicious. On Saturday and Sunday lunchtime there is a buffet with an impossibly wide selection of dishes. The majority of the guests were Asian and there were at least two "occasions" taking place. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ToontymeDined on 19/7/2014Once again the good was delicious and the Service was excellent. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!meeta59Dined on 5/7/2014Great variety and extremely tasty food! Loved the ambience- nice decor and music! Excellent service and very friendly staff! I would definitely recommend this restaurant particularly for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodRm3011Dined on 4/7/2014Good food, great ambience! Slightly expensive but the service makes up for it. Would go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, good foodDavidDined on 30/6/2014Nice bar and entrance to meet friends and enjoy a chat before dinner. The food tastes great, lots of flavour. Good wine choice. However, the service was not up to the usual standard, two items were delivered wrong to our table. Unacceptable in a restaurant of this standard in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMDSilvesterDined on 27/6/2014Great food, Wine is overpriced but other than that. A really good night out.Special Features:
- Bombay BrasserieSRG1Dined on 25/6/2014We were a party of 6 and were given a great table at the front of the restaurant which has a colonial sophisticated feel. We had a variety of starters and main courses, highlights were the mango lassis, cocktails, tandoori prawns and chicken, the chicken biryani (although a bit dry), the laccha paratha and the venison roast, which was quite robust and spicy. Desserts were a bit average however. Service was attentive but occasionally the waiters could not be found and we waved our hands around a lot. Exquisite food, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bombay BrasserieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 24/6/2014Went to Bombay Brasserie for Tuesday lunch. There was no need to have booked as only 2 other tables were occupied, I assume the main trade must be in the evening.We all went for the set menu which was very good. Drinks however were exhorbitant at £7 per half pint bottle of unknown (Bombay Blond) beer.That aside I would return to the restaurant for the food and drink sparingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BelenDined on 23/6/2014It was great!! The food specyally and ecxecellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cris55Dined on 20/6/2014Everytime I go to London I go to your restaurant as food and service are fabulous.Special Features:
- Best Indian meal ever!AliceDined on 18/6/2014My husband and I had a fantastic evening here with delicious food. One of the best meals I have ever eaten. Loved it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/6/2014Overall disappointing. Something has happened to this place. It is rather lifeless and although the service was attentive and good on the detail, the food just wasn't up to our expectations. We used to love Bombay Brasserie. Over the years, while living in London and now visiting from Toronto, we never missed a stop at BB. This time, we found the food to be adequate - no better or worse than a good quality High Street Indian restaurant. But when you think of what you eventually pay, it's just not worth it. This may have been our last visit. It is possible the management from Taj have shifted their emphasis to their new favourite at Buckingham Gate called Quilon.
- A Classic in London, always worthMaz1965Dined on 8/6/2014Cuisine, service, ambiance, everything si always up to expectations and we were never disappointed over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best choice while in LondonPetronioDined on 5/6/2014Whenever I have the chance to go to London, this restaurant is my best choice, it is the place when I want to invite business partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr S. MajumdarsaorjBBDined on 5/6/2014The ambience and atmosphere was great. The team serving food or otherwise was very courteous and polite. Food was great and delivery time predictable.Special Features:
- I wanted a special dinnerFishrelaxDined on 5/6/2014My 2nd visit, the first a family of 8 three years ago. This time with friends as a thank you. Relaxed entrance, initial drinks served with care, allowed us to consider the menu. The restaurant, not too noisy and excellent attentive staff. Starters & Main courses proved the quality and care that had been taken on presentation, taste was as it looked, if not better. We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, the staff who looked after us. A real special occasion, that would impress anybody. I really did feel happy about paying, they deserved it for all the work that must have been happening to produce such a relaxed and enjoyable evening with such high quality food. All the staff should be congratulated, keep it up for my next celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to Dine.AbellDined on 27/5/2014The Service was Excellent, Immediately putting me at ease. The ambulance was truly outstanding. The food was traditional Indian that looked and tasted Great. It was slightly expensive. I attended with 2 family members who enjoyed the whole experience. Full recommendation on a stunning restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/5/2014What a wonderful experience! Was traveling with my three adult children who had never had authentic Indian cuisine. What a treat! Loved the atmosphere, music, wait staff, not to mention the food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasted Saturday afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/5/2014I was once upon a time a regular for Saturday/Sunday lunch at Bombay Brasserie. I visited this time after a long gap of several years because I now only visit London occasionally on business. The quality was very poor and ordinary. No taste at all The variety was very limited. The starters were awful. Chicken Tikka, though on the hotplate, were ice cold. Everything was below par. never again. Satish Shah
- Great Indian FoodTnTMikeDined on 20/5/2014Four of us went midweek for meal. The restaurant was quite quiet with plenty of room. Typical menus are on their website. There is a nice selection of Indian street style food for the starters & a wide selection of main courses including clay oven tandooris, seafood, meat including game & vegetarian. All the food the four of us had was excellent, with high quality ingredients cooked in a modern Indian style. The service was very attentive served with good humour & helpful suggestions. The drinks menu is extensive with craft beers, reasonable priced wines & some at the significantly higher end of the price range if that is your thing. Prices are certainly not the lowest but I will definitely being going back, I really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finesse at a priceoldfartDined on 18/5/2014Delicate, finely balanced flavours, excellent service but moderately expensive.
- Refined Indian FoodRobertDined on 18/5/2014From the ornate dining room to exceptional food served by gracious, attentive servers, my business dinner at the Bombay Brasserie was an agreeable and fulfilling experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strangely sterile environmentTomGVIPDined on 3/5/2014We had been looking forward to this Dinner. On entering the restaurant we both felt it had a cold feeling and was without atmosphere. Our waiter was excellent, making recommendations, which were all first class. Overall, an enjoyable evening, but at this price, we would expect more.
- Best indian food!HarrodsfanDined on 3/5/2014This restaurant was recommended by the owner of a local restaurant in our home town 20 years ago. It still doesn't disappoint. The food is absolutely amazing. Try the fried spinach appetizer with pomogranent. Divine. Great service. Quiet and lovely.Special Features:
- Long time comingGriffin100Dined on 2/5/2014I bought a house round the corner 15 years ago, but this is the first time I have got round to eating at the Bombay Brasserie. It's in a great room. Given that it is sandwiched between two hotels, I suspect it was once a hotel ballroom. Very impressive setting. The food was faultless. Service was fantastic. It feels demeaning to describe the food as 'Indian' and pretty pointless comparing it with 99% of Indian restaurants however good they might be. It's simply great food cooked beautifully. It's not cheap and I didn't expect to be so. 3 of us went for a tasting menu ay £56/head and the bill reached £300. We left happy. I won't wait another 15 years.Special Features:
- Really goodjacoboDined on 1/5/2014The restaurant was really good. The service excellent. The reserve page and the online page of the restaurante are really good. Thanks you a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience, The Lack of ItLatimerDined on 15/4/2014The food is excellent and the service very well intended. The total lack of ambience caused by stark lighting and walls, too much uncluttered but not clear space, tables unusually too large which make conversation slightly difficult and a mismatch in the height of seats to table, possibly caused by the cushioned seating sinking to a lower than normal height, coalesce to create an uncomfortable and unsophisticated setting. A great pity as this was preveviously a brilliant restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service problemsLyagreDined on 12/4/2014we have been going to this restaurant for many many years. it was clear to see that the service had degraded a lot, since last year. it was not possible to have a drink at the bar, we were booked in the veranda in a place hidden from all activity. BOOK IN THE MAIN PART OF THE RESTAURANT and nobody offered any good service.
- great dinner and very relaxingProstDined on 11/4/2014I always enjoy The Bombay Brasserie, one of the reasons being that it always feels very relaxing. The ambience is good with lighting and background music both at just the right level, and those large tables mean that you never feel squashed. I think it is always at its best when you are dining in a group of four or more - the staff are very good at selecting a range of dishes for the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.