Borelli's Wine Bar & Grill
Farnham, Surrey GU9 7NUNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £25 and under
Borelli's Wine Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.borellis.co.uk/
- Phone: 01252735254x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 12am
Friday and Saturday: 11am - 1 am: Sunday 12pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Wine Bar, Steak
- Executive Chef: Tristan Cole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Steak Grill
- Entertainment: Comedy Club every month. Visit www.mirthcontrolcomedy.com for full details, acts, etc.
A word from Borelli's Wine Bar & Grill
Situated in the center of Farnham in Surrey, Borelli’s is a contemporary wine bar and grill set in the historic Borelli Yard, one of the best locations in Farnham.The olive green and white walls, polished wood and tiled floors create a warm and welcoming space at night, while the big windows let in plenty of sunlight during the day. Dining al fresco during the warmer weather in the spacious courtyard is very popular. Borelli's lunch menu offers a wide selection of wraps, baguettes and jacket potatoes and a range of heartier options all at a fixed price of £8-95. The main menu offers seriously good chargrilled range of beef and chicken dishes, salads and starters. There are two bars, the wine bar offers a vibrant atmosphere, the first floor bar being more relaxed and suited to dining. The friendly service and comprehensive wine list, with many wines available by the glass, make Borelli’s a local gem you’ll undoubtedly visit more than once.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Borelli's Wine Bar & Grill - Best restaurants in Farnham ›
Borelli's Wine Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since 21 October 2013
special occasions (7)romance (6)business meals (5)group bookings (5)fit for foodies (3)outdoor eating (3)outstanding value (2)afternoon tea (2)brunch (1)child friendly (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- good choiceScrumQueenDined on 30/8/2014I went there with my daughter for a catch up and light lunch - the sweet potato wedges were fab and her prawn and crayfish baguette was lovely but my jacket potato was swimming with butter and was still hard which was a shame, it could have been because it was lovely and big - but I would try againSpecial Features:
- DisappointingPatriciaDined on 29/7/2014Went for evening meal with friends, no one else in restaurant but people sitting outside , so no atmosphere. Once our meal and wine arrived, we never saw the waitress again except to remove our plates . We were not offered desert or coffee or any other drinks . Staff stood around talking to each other. We had to go and ask for the bill, but no one came to take the money , so after 15 minutes we put it on the table and left. Don't think anyone noticed us leave, lucky that we're honest as we could have gone without paying. Would not go there again.
- Amazing VenueHenDoDinnerDined on 26/7/2014I booked Borellis for a Hen party dinner for 10 people. When we arrived we were welcomed and taken upstairs where I was able to decorate the table and make a bit of mess as it was a Hen do! Food was well timed and very nice. Fully recommend! Great service and attentive :) For the evening we did leave but ended up coming back and thank god we did! We had an amazing evening with lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lucky FindVulcanGroupieDined on 19/7/2014Down at Farnborough for the airshow we met up with some friends and looked for a place to have dinner. We found Borellis by web search and booked a table. Charming place, good selection on the menu and fair prices. Service was good and friendly and the drinks selection fine. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would recommend it heartilySpecial Features:
- IgnoredMintedchopsDined on 12/4/2014We booked a table for my husband and I, we rarely get to go out so was looking forward to it. We arrived and they were very prompt with drinks and taking our order, but as soon as out meal arrived we were totally ignored by the waiters. They didn't return to offer more drinks, or a dessert menu, we sat with our empty plates in front of us for half an hour!!! Totally Unexceptable. We had to then approach them at the bar to get our bill. I didn't tip as they didn't deserve it. Having two young collage boys working that evening is a bad way of running a resturant. Sorry borellis but we won't be returning I think I'd die of dehydration!!!Special Features:
- Terrible foodAbsmartDined on 11/4/2014Our food was cold, my husbands lamb was basically raw but tough and my trout was so over cooked it tasted as if it had gone off. Both were inedible. We were offered 40% off one meal but not both. It ruined what should have been a lovely evening
- Give it a try...Lettyr6Dined on 19/2/2014we did and were not disappointed. Food, service and staff all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to eat, but ametmaina60Dined on 7/2/2014A nice place to eat, but a shame that its above wine bar, so has the noise coming up, portions were on the small size.
- Bit of a disappointmentcatmarno1Dined on 30/11/2013Visited Borellis on a Saturday night with my husband. Ambience was nice, though noise from the bar made it feel a little like eating at a club! Food was unfortunately very average - pulled pork and halloumi salad was in a rather odd ratio (salad seemed an afterthought!) and the meat was overpoweringly seasoned with spices. The bread basket turned out to be two lumps of economy white French stick. Husband had the burger which he said was ok. Was generally all ok, but wouldn't go again.
- Farnham's finest foodT4LLE5TDined on 26/10/2013Borellis had been recommended to me and certainly did not disappoint. Great atmosphere and amazing service plus a broad selection of delicious food all freshly prepared made for one of the evening meals I've ever eaten in Farnham.Special Features:
- The following 218 reviews are from the Borelli's Wine Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Good food and nice settingIvetaDined on 8/8/2013Good place for lunches, social or business. Tasty food and great presentation. Very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemChrisCDined on 19/6/2013Maybe it was the warm summers evening, maybe it was the opportunity for alfresco dining, maybe it was the tastecard deal. I suspect it was all three. The food we ordered was lovely, and the portion sizes were generous. We shared two starters between four, and there was no problem changing some items on the menu to suit our tastes. The service was very good and the waitress being polite and pleasant. Normally we don't go out much during the week, but very glad we did and we will go back again. Inside the bistro it looked quite dark and lots of black furniture. The only negative I could find was the that being outside, there were people smoking at other tables close by. Thankfully it was only a minor convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a little too noisy3AmigosDined on 8/6/2013Three of ate in Borelli's on a Saturday night. The service was good and staff were attentive. Good choices on menu and staff not fazed when we only wanted a jog of water on table for drinks. We all had starters which were well done and a reasonable size. We then all ordered the fish and chips as a main, we all enjoyed the food. Would eat here again, but not suitable for a quiet romantic meal as too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing night outLuvgoodfoodDined on 12/4/2013Borelli's is always a pleasant dinning experience. It has a good relaxing atmosphere and the staff are always polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fussy FriendskazsuzDined on 22/3/2013If like me you have fussy friends this is a good place to take them. There is a good choice of food on the menu for even the veggies. The food was presented well and really tasty. We had a warm welcome and had a really good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best/only wine bar in FarnhamMozza1206VIPDined on 26/1/2013Even though Borelli's is the only wine bar in Farnham, the owners are not complacent and it still upholds its good reputation for a lively place to meet up with friends. I enjoyed a leisurely lunch with girlfriends and we chose from the set lunch menu. The food is generally good and the portions generous but the chicken and ham pie main course I ordered arrived luke warm and contained a disappointing lack of meat. The desserts were more of a hit - I chose the malibu and white chocolate cheesecake and other friends enjoyed a variety of ice creams. There is a extensive menu and pretty good wine list. A lively ambience and probably more well suited to an older age group who tend to be regulars! I will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the greatest experiencesylvia2110Dined on 19/1/2013Very disappointed with the whole experience. Firstly, the staff was unaware of booking made (apparently only a couple of staff have access to the booking system and they didn't look at it on that day!), secondly after we've finished our starters we had to wait for nearly an hour for our main course. No one came to explain why or apologize for the delay. The waiting staff wasn't attentive at all. The food wasn't great either. Will definitely avoid in the future
- Saturday SupperwelshladyDined on 12/1/2013A really good meal, served fairly quickly. A very good place to eat before an event at the Maltigs. This may be a good PR feature for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was better than theMHshDined on 11/1/2013Lunch was better than the last evening meal we had in Borellis. The manager was interested in our last experience in the restaurant though we did not raise the subject. We enjoyed the meal and would go again for lunch.
- The worst place I have eatenrat48Dined on 16/12/2012The sop was served stone cold, it had never seen the heat. The waiter served 3 out of 4 meals, then the 4th about 10 minutes later, no apology. The roast 'special' was served luke warm. This is the worst eatery i have been to in some time.
- Not as good as on previous visitsFarnhamNiteOutDined on 15/12/2012We used to like visiting Borelli's for special occasions - the food was always a little pricey but worth it because it was a little bit different and special. On this visit however, we found the menu had changed, and become a lot more compact, reading more like a typical pub food menu. The food is still good, but seemed to lack some of the flair of previous visits. Our scallops starter was perfectly cooked, but lacked the dressing and flavour we'd enjoyed in the past. We felt similar with our mains - a change of chef perhaps? For the desserts, we found the new choices minimal and uninspiring. While not bad, unfortunately this now places Borelli's alongside other restaurant offerings in Farnham that are better value /lower priced.Special Features:
- Simply terriblesadanddisappointedDined on 16/11/2012This place was simply terrible, and the experience ruined what should have been a nice night out. There were a couple of large groups and the volume in the restaurant didn't just make it hard to hear a conversation, it was simply uncomfortable. I say restaurant, but this really is pushing the definition of the word: The food was pretty poor really - the selection on the menu was limited, and really rather unexciting. There were no specials, as promised by the restaurant's website. The wine list is dull, unimaginative and overly expensive. The bottle we had was so terrible that we left half of it. All in all I cannot recommend this place - I pity Farnham residents if this is the best they have available to them.
- Borelli'sJMNMDined on 18/10/2012Although enjoyable the standard of the food has gone down. However the staff are still as good as everI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely menuluvdupDined on 16/10/2012We had a very good meal, fantastic selection of dishes made it hard to choose, so we'll be going back again soon to try more. The service was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok this time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 13/10/2012I have been to Borelis several times and this time I was slightly dissapointed. The food was good but not great. There was a large birthday party table close by who were very noisy and has a magician who was putting balloons down his throat not a good look when you are trying to eat, The party may have finished but we had not.Special Features:
- Borellis 12/10/12 evening mealCheffor30yearsDined on 12/10/2012Desperately poor, No scallops for a start !! On a Friday night , breaded camembert so overcooked all the filling had melted away, tuna raw in the extreme, so called "Sautee Potatoes" swimming in oil as just pulled up from a fryer. sent back and reheated, marshmallows in dessert stale and hard. Staff were like kevin & perry ! This was supposed to be a special occasion, totally ruined. Never again !
- Not the bestMHshDined on 9/10/2012Unfortunately the worst meal we have had there. Husband's scollops undercooked, my cod gougons very overcooked- though they did take cod off the bill. Steak was 1/3 inedible and chips indifferent. Paella adequate but would not order again. Wonder if a problem with chef/kitchen that evening as restaurant only had about 12 diners but we were given some bread and balsamic to keep us going as "kitchen running behind"Special Features:
- Bar resto in charming courtyardFoodieDined on 19/9/2012Borelli's Bar Restaurant, Farnham, Surrey is in a pedestrian courtyard with adjacent car park and we found it delightful. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly. We ordered paella for two - one of the signature dishes - and it was better than we've had in Spain as well as being enormous! Prices are very affordable and I highly recommend a visit if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked table rather cramped.MHshDined on 12/9/2012Booked table rather cramped. Food excellent as usual. Service not as slick as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are not very familiar withGANDOSDined on 21/8/2012We are not very familiar with the area and were looking for somewhere for a special meal. We chose Borelli's purely because of the reviews on Top Table and it lived up to its reputation. There was an wide variety of different styles of dishes on the menu and the quality was excellent. Portion sizes were generous, we chose to share one portion of whitebait as a starter which was more than enough, and proved a good decision as otherwise we may not have been able to sample the delicious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks guysfoodieDined on 4/8/2012Had a really nice time in Borelli's. Service was perfect, food as good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borelli's FarnhamJohnBDined on 14/7/2012Six of us ate at Borelli's on Saturday evening. Very good menu. Food excellent, service equally so. At first the acoustics were somewhat cavernous and noisy, but better when the restaurant had more people in it. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- BorellisMHshDined on 13/7/2012A very nice lunch. Would certainly visit again. The crab and chorizo cake was better than the filo tart. The stuffed cod was good if not a little small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borelli's is great when youLollyDined on 26/6/2012Borelli's is great when you want to celebrate something special. Its a more more than your average restaurant but worth it because the food is flavoursome and delicious. I was celebrating an anniversary and the food couldnt have been better that night. the brie wrapped in filo pastry was amazing and filling, and the fillet steak just melted in your mouth with the crispy sweet potato on the side. the deals are not bad either and I will be coming back again.Special Features:
- Borelli'sJMNMDined on 24/5/2012Dine here often and it is always good. Recently, I think they may have changed their meat supplier as the meat is not as tender as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good meal at borelli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2012Another good meal at borelli's Farnham, but they have made changes to the menu that in our opinion was not so good but may suit others better.
- Borelli's Have visited Borelli'sJMNMDined on 10/5/2012Borelli's Have visited Borelli's in the past, unfortunately the quality of the meat has dropped. My meat strips were not as tender and succulent as before and my partners chilli con carne meat was on the fatty side. Other than that a nice meal. Waiting staff standards, however, have NOT dropped and are still most helpful friendly and a pleasure to be served by.
- We had an excellent time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012We had an excellent time at Borellis's in Farnham. Everything was brilliant and good value with Toptable's offer.
- Food was good and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/4/2012Food was good and reasonable price - service was excellent thank you jackie
- another great evening at borelli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 26/4/2012another great evening at borelli's farnham, they never let you down.