385 Byres Road
Glasgow, G12 8AUNeighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bovinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 01413416540
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu
A word from Bo'Vine Restaurant
For a sexy drinks-and-dinner destination, Bo’ Vine on Byres Road is part cocktail den, part gentlemen’s supper club. Dark and moody inside, this super-chic steakhouse attracts a salubrious crowd and is located right around the corner from the Glasgow Botanic Gardens. Step inside and you'll discover the restaurant is styled with luxe butterscotch leather booths and ornate furniture, making this a discreet venue for business dealings and romantic rendezvous. The menu at Bo ‘Vine showcases the best of Scottish produce with an emphasis on Scotch beef, and favourites include the roasted beetroot, shaved fennel and sesame seed salad; the game pie with a Mull cheddar glaze; and the caramelised apple and vanilla cheesecake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bo'Vine Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (13)business meals (9)romance (7)fit for foodies (5)group bookings (5)pre/post theatre (4)disabled access (3)sunday lunch (2)child friendly (2)afternoon tea (1)outstanding value (1)good vegetarian options (1)brunch (1)Show More
- Sat nightCR2012VIPDined on 16/8/2014We ad a really good night at Bo'Vine. You really need to be a carnivore tocome here - the clue is in the name! really friendly waitress - she's getting married this week! Very best of luck!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food. Fabulous Timegm70047Dined on 15/8/2014Enjoyable food, great friendly service. We had 3 courses, we had cocktails and red wine. It was all served with a smile and tastes sublime. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AceSusanDined on 22/5/2014Had a fantastic meal, amazing service and lovely surroundings. My husband and I both had the steak and they were delicious. Good choice on the menu and nothing disappointed over the 3 courses. Lovely cocktails and good wine selection. I honestly can't praise the team of staff highly enough. Friendly and efficient. There were alot of big tables in and you would never have known it with how attentive everyone was. I really can't recommend Bovine enough.Special Features:
- Meat to Please youSTK4MEDined on 10/5/2014great food and service in a lovely environment, friendly efficient staff and food served with a smile. What more could you want?Special Features:
- Family Meal At Bo'vineThetwoofusDined on 15/3/2014Looked forward to trying the restaurant after reading favourable reviews....don't believe the hype. Style before substance. Decent enough food, but poorly trained staff and ambience left a lot to be desired. Won't be planning a return visit.Special Features:
- Absolutely hopeless!!MacmanDined on 1/3/2014On arrival we were asked to take a seat. As this was a family treat for my birthday i had chose the restaurant. We sat for a good 15 mins and nobody asked if we wanted a drink never mind offer a menu. I asked what the delay was and was told a table would be ready soon. I explained that no one had offered a drink or a menu. We decided to leave and went across the street to Oran Mor where we were immediately given a table and asked what we wanted to drink and given a menu. The manager of the Bo Vine phoned and offered to provide a free meal that night. I explained that we were settled in another restaurant and he should call me tomorrow. My phone rang 3 times on Sun then stopped. Since then nothing. As expected poor service. Don't go here!!!!
- Pleasant dining experienceDRCKDined on 22/2/2014Really lovely staff who were continuously pleasant. Good meat choices and tasteful sides. Strongly recommend for semi-official meals.Special Features:
- The food and service wereJeaniedeansDined on 25/1/2014The food and service were great. We shared the Chateaubrion and lobster main course and the steak was cooked perfectlySpecial Features:
- Wonderful AtmosphereWilliamDined on 24/1/2014Fantastic steak, great service. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food worthy of mastercheffoodieDined on 13/12/2013had a lovely meal here with my daughter for her birthday. Staff were very attentive and food was excellent. I had the black pudding starter and sea bream and my daughter had steak which she said was delicious. This was from the set menu which was excellent value.Special Features:
- PoorjimglasDined on 16/11/2013Chateaubriand to share cooked rare which was served in a frying pan replete with 4 sides. The meat was covered in chips and rocket leaves and was stringy and chewy. It may be best to ask for the Chateaubriand to be cooked medium at Bo'vine for this cut of meat and would question the quality or stick to the single cuts. This was a special occasion as I had just retired and I have to say that this cut of meat was not as we have come to expect at Bo'vine. Also our bill contained a comment card that related to a previous diner who was complaining about the fattiness of her sirloin. To my mind, things have slipped at Bo'vine and it does show that they don't take great care of your personal data.Special Features:
- Good value 2-course special offerStopperDined on 1/10/2013I ordered from the special offer menu, 2 courses for £16.95. I ordered the smoked salmon starter and the sea bream for main course. Can't fault the food, it was delicious. I just wish there was more of it! The service was good but I was served by at least 4 different people - I prefer to have one waiter/waitress assigned to me. The turnaround time for the food was very quick, but at least that meant I could go back to my hotel to watch the football on telly. It was probably the fastest meal I've ever eaten, due to a mixture of portion size and speed of service, but I was also on my own so that would have made a difference. I would recommend this place to couples, but I felt very comfortable there as a lone diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a little treatSqueaksDined on 18/9/2013Within the Hilton in heart of Glasgows west end. No allocated parking but street parking widely available (but staff were not very helpful when asked). Welcome and service was friendly and efficient and the food choice, even with a special offer (pre theatre) was good. I really enjoyed my meal of stornoway black pudding with poached egg, followed by the fish choice of the day. This is definitely a place for foodies and I would recommend this restaurant for a little treat. Food is definitely upper end and well presented. When busier (I was there around 6pm so it wasn't that busy), I can imagine the ambience would be better and there is a large bar with great cocktail choice so it would also be good for parties and late night diners.Special Features:
- Great DinnerSusanDined on 18/9/2013Outstanding value for money, excellent food and great choice. Delicious wine all set in a friendly and stylish atmosphere. First time I have been here, most certainly won't be my last. My partner and I had a great time,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 115 reviews are from the Bo'Vine Restaurant reviews archive.
- god dam good steaksFATPLUMSDined on 28/8/2013With initial skepticism about the price of the dishes, we were instantly convinced with the first bite of our steaks. Great starters with delicious sea food and followed by tender well cut beef steaks cooked to perfection and with a plentiful choice for extras such as sides and causes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall I was impressed withdblack14Dined on 24/8/2013Overall I was impressed with Bo'Vine. Nice decor, friendly staff and a very tasty menu. As it was a special occasion we decided to splash out on the Chateaubriand and whole lobster. When I was told that it came with particular sides as standard and then told i could substitute the sauce for another but not the other sides I was very disappointed. It made me feel like i was on a group-on deal and not like i just ordered the most expensive thing on the menu! When i order an £85 dish i expect to be able to substitute the mushrooms for anything i bloody well please! I didn't make a thing of it as i didn't want to spoil the evening and the meal when it arrived was cooked perfectly and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakVanlouis1Dined on 22/6/2013My husband and I dine out on a regular basis and by far this is our favourite place to eat food great and also wines are delicious we will be back soonSpecial Features:
- dinner celebrationbungoiteDined on 21/6/2013Service was impeccable. Food tasty with a few different variations..never had candied beetroot icecream before! Really enjoyable meal not the cheapest but well worth the extra.Special Features:
- Once again Bo 'Vines deliveredJowwVIPDined on 16/6/2013Once again Bo 'Vines delivered both on quality and value for money. We both chose from the market menu as our favourite main course was back on it. I had the French onion soup to start and it was full of flavour. We then both had the sirloin steak with the fiery peppercorn sauce, not to be missed, with thick cut chips, not frozen, an my wife had the brownie to finish so all-round first class meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came to dine at Bo'Vinebaldy01Dined on 31/5/2013Staff very friendly and professional, giving good service, menu details and wine recommendations to compliment the food. The steak was first class, coked to perfection and tasty. Only negative point was that the prawn cocktail starter served was definitely not value for money and lacked the ingredients specified on the menu.... Overall experience was very good and I feel encouraged to return in the futureSpecial Features:
- Bo'Vine visitCR2012VIPDined on 6/4/2013Good if you are a meat eater. Service is a bit slow but food good when it arrivesSpecial Features:
- Bovine30/03/13Les101Dined on 30/3/2013Superb in almost every respect. Beautifully cooked and presented prime fillet. Excellent service. Minor niggle was a draft from a fire exit door. We were offfered an alternative table but chose to stay where we were.As I say, a very minor point. Otherwise near perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING...........AGAIN!cathedogDined on 28/3/2013Everytime is as good as the last. Beautiful food & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful. Been on severalcathedogDined on 30/12/2012Beautiful. Been on several occasions now and amazing everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.DubdubbleDined on 24/12/2012A beautiful meal with wonderful service. Couldn't have asked for more. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Xmas mealJowwVIPDined on 22/12/2012We havE not ben for a while but found the food to be the usual high standard. We shared the chateu briand and it was excellant, cooked perfectly. As always the starters where good the Haggis bon bons are superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dropped the BallDarkoDined on 23/11/2012Great wine, starters and fabulous beef, the ambience was stylish and friendly. Sadly the service was patchy, we had four different servers and sat with pudding menus for twenty minutes trying to catch the eye of passing staff who blatently ignored us. The breakfast set-up was going on noisily and it was obvious that everyone had given up for the night; tables being sprayed down etc. When we finally ordered our now unwanted cheese and coffee it came not with the promised petits-fours but a rather naff wrapped chocolate - I would eat here again because the first half of the night went so well but I ended up feeling like a hotel guest who'd got an all in one package in the January sales rather than a grown up diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceIzy76Dined on 17/11/2012We thourghly enjoyed our meal at Bo Vine!, the only thing we felt that let us down was the startes we both ordered, not for the lack of quality but just because we werent sure what we were ordering, but the main course and the selection of puddings for two to share made up for the starters and some!!! Would recommend this resturaunt to friends and family and would dine their again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in the WestGMTVDined on 13/10/2012Great restaurant in the West End. Part of the Hilton Hotel so if you have a Hilton Honors card, take it with you as you get points!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bo'Vine, Glasgow's W End, Sep 2012JulieBVIPDined on 6/9/2012A simple, laid-back, steak restaurant on Byres Road in the Grovesnor Hilton Hotel. Ate here on a Thurs evening using the '2 courses for £14.50' offer. Clientele comprised businesspeople, families and a smattering of cool kids. My starter of mackerel pate with oatcakes was flavoursome and I was also impressed by the pork chop with mustard mash and an unctuous red sauce as my main. My partner's sirloin was generous in size but the French onion soup he ate prior to it lacked cheese. A thimble-sized tomato and red onion side salad left us slightly annoyed . We probably saved a third on the food bill and would return, with an offer. Suspect Bo'Vine will have to work harder to compete with superior restaurants crowding around it in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bo'Vine RestaurantStelleDined on 19/8/2012Bo'Vine Restaurant hit the spot. Always a good sign when Hendricks Gin is served in the correct fashion. Service was attentive and excellent value. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our table was for 2 people,LainyDined on 18/8/2012Our table was for 2 people, we waited 35 minutes for starter to arrive, the portions were small and tasteless, we then asked for our main meal to be cancelled, we paid for the wine we had and crossed the road and had a nice meal served within 15 mins at the ashoka.
- bo'vinesJowwVIPDined on 24/7/2012We took our Daughter to what is becoming our favourite steakhouse in Glasgow. She loved it steak was cooked perfectly and we enjoyed the haggis bon bon's and the blackpudding and poached egg starters. It does what is says on the tin excellant food which is cooked and presented well.I have not had a ba meal yet. We usually try to get the Market menu whic his great value and lets yo try a variey of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!cathedogDined on 6/7/2012Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Steak just melts in your mouth yum yum!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, nice atmosphere.MartinDined on 23/5/2012Beautiful food, nice atmosphere. Had some work to do with colleagues and this restaurant worked well. My only issue was that it was a bit quiet and so staff perhaps overly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise birthdayjkxxxDined on 12/5/2012I booked this restaurant for a surprise bday and the staff were fantastic in helping to make this a fantastic night w great food.Special Features:
- Friday night in the west endAntoniaDRDined on 11/5/2012My mother and I dined at Bo'Vine in Glasgow's west end hoping to have a good value for money inexpensive meal out. Though when the waitress handed us A La Carte menus as well as the pre-theatre, we gave into temptation and spent much more than intended. Her French onion soup was good but we felt our recipe was better. I enjoyed my starter of smoked duck with salted grapes, very different. For the main course we both went for the rib eye and my mum added on the surf & turf prawn and scallop option. Unfortunately for a steakhouse we were not impressed with our steaks, Mine was okay but nothing special and my mums was overcooked. We were very impressed with the quality and flavour of the seafood though and would definitely return for that.Special Features:
- Sat dinnerCR2012VIPDined on 21/4/2012Very good food with efficient service. Not the cheapest, but you pay for a good quality evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, brilliant valuekellymcDined on 20/4/2012Great meal, brilliant value as sides and sauces are included. Can't wait to go back.
- food and service was lovelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 14/3/2012food and service was lovel - great value for money