20 Sherwood Street
London, W1F 7EDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriezedel.com/
- Phone: 020 7734 4888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 23:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Collard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Americain and Crazy Coqs will available for hire between 11.30am-5.00pm.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Chillingworth 02076599302
- Entertainment: The Crazy Coqs is a live entertainment space with a varied programme ranging from cabaret to jazz.
A word from Brasserie Zedel
A large, bustling Parisian brasserie transported to the heart of London. Open throughout the day, offering great value with remarkably low prices, its glorious, historic Art Deco interiors also play host to a 'Bar Américain' and 'The Crazy Coqs', a live music and cabaret venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brasserie Zedel - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Brasserie Zedel reviews from OpenTable diners
549 reviews since 31 October 2013
pre/post theatre (343)outstanding value (206)special occasions (187)business meals (186)group bookings (152)brunch (132)fit for foodies (109)sunday lunch (109)romance (103)afternoon tea (65)child friendly (32)good vegetarian options (29)disabled access (27)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Good food, amazing atmosphereTeeGeeEmDined on 29/10/2014This place looks like a tiny cafe on the outside: don't be fooled. It has an amazing art deco bar and amazing restaurant downstairs! Despite having to rush dinner in order to be at the theatre on time, the staff catered for us and brought put two courses promptly and cooked and presented perfectly. I shall be revisiting here when I have more time to take it in further!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic foodLondine69Dined on 26/10/2014Good value dining but the food is very basic and lacks presentation. Zedel is an up market fast food kind of place which suits at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherebahakosDined on 24/10/2014OA great place to meet with friends in a beautiful environment. The French atmosphere in the design of the interior is enhanced by the French themed music from the live band.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre DinnerFifiVIPDined on 22/10/2014The restaurant staff were aware we had to leave by 7.15pm and so the food was served nice and fast but we were not rushed. We had the fixed menu - three courses that also included a glass of wine and coffee for £20 - very good value indeed. They also offer a coeliac gluten free menu and bread so always a big tick in my book!Special Features:
- Good expriencerddd39Dined on 21/10/2014Brasserie Zedel is an impressive room, grown-up food and decent service. Recommended for a business lunch or dinner. Formal without being stuffy.Special Features:
- Great venue and valueJimmyJDined on 20/10/2014Amazing venue, good menu with some great value options. All food was very tasty. Service a little on the sloppy side, but overall a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingsfdinerVIPDined on 19/10/2014As usual the ambiance and service were exceptional. Desserts were very good and wine selection and value is great. The hangar steak however, was a disappointment. Although with good flavor and done exactly as ordered medium rare, it was very tough, most difficult to cut and chew.Special Features:
- McCarthypersilDined on 18/10/2014Up to your usual high standard. Really enjoyed the rabbit (plat du jour),duck and herring.Special Features:
- Great Evening at ZedelJoandCoDined on 17/10/2014It is a perfect place for a great French night out. The place is spectacular and has such a buzz. Food is typically French and delicious. Caters for groups and couples although some tables for 2 can be a little too close to the bar and you may feel a little crowded. Been here twice and both times staff have been fantastic. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontingDawnDined on 17/10/2014I have been to Brasserie Zedel a few times, and certainly at the beginning enjoyed the food and atmosphere, however it now seems to have slipped into a rather formulaic, fast turnaround restaurant with nothing to particularly recommend it. On my last visit the egg mayonnaise starter was frankly boring and the main course, which was the dish of the day of fish quenelles was dry and rather uninteresting. The atmosphere is still buzzy and the service was just about OK but I will not be rushing back.
- Out of the maelstromJnJFDined on 15/10/2014Escape the Piccadilly crowds and madness into the undergroud comfort of Zedel. It impresses your visitors and the food and service are not half bad (double negative there = positive) and the prix fixe 2 or 3 course menu is good value for what it is and where you are.Special Features:
- Lunch at ZedelFerrs11Dined on 15/10/2014We have visited several times and it never fails. I had their excellent fixed price menu with carrots and steak hache and my husband had choucroute alsacienne, also good. Service perfect. We will continue our visits there.Special Features:
- Stunning venue with good foodPabloVIPDined on 14/10/2014Stunning venue with good, reasonably priced food. Service a bit variable. Lovely bar in Bar Americain.
- Brasserie ZedelEatingoutaloudDined on 14/10/2014Restaurant was reasonably full on a Tuesday lunch time. Had to wait for beer as barrels were being changed. French onion soup served without bread, in fact no bread offered, this is sacrilege for a restaurant claiming to be French. My leek tart starter was delicious, pastry crisp and light. Main course of mackerel a generous portion. But the boeuf bourguignon was disappointingly small. Was very surprised at the 15% service charge, the highest I've ever paid in London. This has gone from being a reasonably priced venue to rather expensive. A pity.Special Features:
- Great girls night out!NineJaDined on 11/10/2014I booked this for a group of 6 friends as a birthday dinner. We were slightly apprehensive as its not the sort of place we would normally go to together, but it was great fun. The building looks very unassuming from the outside but as you enter the restaurant itself it really is quite impressive. The room is large, in a very traditional French/Art Deco style There was a real buzz, which suited the tone of the night. The band were great and they started up around 10pm, with some guests dancing. We were one of the last groups there, but were not rushed out or made to feel that we should leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite London restaurantHelsDined on 10/10/2014Great atmosphere, live music, professional waiters - authentic French brasserie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value at ZedelteachinjosDined on 10/10/2014We have visited Zedel Brasserie at Picadilly Circus many times. We have always found food and service excellent. Their beer and wine is excellent value for money. On this occasion I have to admit that the Hangar steak was not as tender as usual but otherwise everything fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food so-so, service greatkkzzDined on 2/10/2014Went there with two business contacts. The restaurant deco is good. Food was just so-so, my duck was oily and very dry, but service was at good standard.Special Features:
- ZedelWooWooDined on 1/10/2014Best atmosphere in London. Always buzzing. Very, very fast service. Excellent venison. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMacWaters23Dined on 28/9/2014Firstly using the open table app saved so much hassle especially when I needed to change the time and amount if people. Good was good, I had the Sea Bass with an added bonus as they taken all the bones out, creamed spinach too much for one person, which would have been good if they had told us as we were ordering as we ordered two and only needed one You do need to order side dishes with some lie, the steak and Sea Bas, menu doesn't quite explain properly. The discretionary service charge a but steep at 20% and head waiter not too pleased when we asked him to take it off! he then wanted to know how much tip we were going to leave! which then sort of spoiled what had been a lovely meal, our waiter was great though.Special Features:
- Late lunchMiniDined on 26/9/2014Beautiful surroundings, good food and friendly staff. Wine knowledge could br better.Special Features:
- Reunion dinnersarahharkDined on 23/9/2014It was 30 years since we'd all been together...and Brasserie Zedel was an excellent place to celebrate. The table was round, as requested, the service was fast, efficient and friendly, the food is fun if not earth shattering and the atmosphere was perfect, if a little noisier than us old folk are used to! But we had a really good time, and it was extremely good value for central LondonSpecial Features:
- Return to ZedelDejeunerVIPDined on 20/9/2014I was returning there, rather than going for the first time, so that says it allSpecial Features:
- johnnyDined on 19/9/2014good choice for a quick bite before or after a showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing venue, beautifully restoredAletraveVIPDined on 19/9/2014I love Brasserie Zedel because of the location. It's by Piaccdilly Circusm, and the venue is just beautiful. Very convenient for business meetings. Steak was also good, recommended. Unfortunately they don't serve proper coffee, a big minusSpecial Features:
- Second VisitFeatherDined on 18/9/2014Our second visit and we weren't disappointed. Very good service and very nice good. Wonderful room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/9/2014As soon as you enter the restaurant you feel welcome! The service was flawless, and the food was amazing! I heartedly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience!GirlieDined on 17/9/2014Lovely restaurant, full of character and glamour. Been here several times. Ideal for ladies who lunch or evening celebrations but I personally think the food portions are a bit small for a hungry man! I notice there are a few business looking gents at lunchtime but I imagine it's because it is an impressive place to discuss business or entertain clients. Will definitely go again because of the glamour and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchAG2012Dined on 16/9/2014The dining room at Brasserie Zedel transports you to another era, with old-school service, a simple menu and fabulous art deco surroundings. The clincher is the price - outstanding French fare at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great roomIandAVIPDined on 12/9/2014We love the amazing underground room. We had a pre-theatre meal and the staff were very cognisant of serving us in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- Value for moneymattthefoodieDined on 11/9/2014Brasserie Zedel is classic french cuisine stripped down to its most basic form. Based within the incredible setting of a traditional parisian brasserie the atmosphere is great and service friendly. The adjoining art deco bar provides a selection of cocktail and the feeling of being time warped to the 1930s. Although the food here is not great or amazing there were also no complaints, and given the area and setting the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noelnoelDined on 9/9/2014took a friend for a birthday dinner...it was buzzy and fun...waiters were charming...food was very good indeed....great value...great decorSpecial Features:
- Interesting placeOL12Dined on 7/9/2014Being French I am not sure I will described that as a typical French Brasserie. The space is huge (former ballroom from the 30's) and the decoration reminiscent of Moscow tubes stations. However it was a very good dinnner between friends on a sunday early evening. No band playing at the time. Did not try but the american bar looked quite cool too. Recommend, definitely the tourist trap you may expect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014Great find just off Piccadilly - will be back and hope to try the jazz club next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets us downalisonwonderDined on 5/9/2014Still the go-to restaurant when you want central location, brilliant atmosphere and service, outstanding value for money and lovely food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcl43Dined on 5/9/2014Good and efficient welcome, friendly staff, good foodSpecial Features:
- FunBrentieDined on 4/9/2014Amazing venue and overall experience let down just slightly by some only average food. Loved the theatricalitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!HamishIoMDined on 4/9/2014Brasserie Zedel could have been transported from Paris. My friends and I had a great dinner with all the style and luxury of a Parisian night out. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZedelGeoffersVIPDined on 2/9/2014Good place for a quick bite as the service is very swift. The food is good without being memorable. The fixed priced menues are good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue and quality foodEvkeVIPDined on 1/9/2014I took a friend traveling to London for an evening meal at Brasserie Zedel. The ambiance for the evening was great with a live band. Wine, food and service are of great quality too. Will definitely bring friends there again.Special Features: