20 Sherwood Street
London, W1F 7EDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriezedel.com/
- Phone: 020 7734 4888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 23:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Collard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Americain and Crazy Coqs will available for hire between 11.30am-5.00pm.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Chillingworth 02076599302
- Entertainment: The Crazy Coqs is a live entertainment space with a varied programme ranging from cabaret to jazz.
A word from Brasserie Zedel
A large, bustling Parisian brasserie transported to the heart of London. Open throughout the day, offering great value with remarkably low prices, its glorious, historic Art Deco interiors also play host to a 'Bar Américain' and 'The Crazy Coqs', a live music and cabaret venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutstanding Value
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brasserie Zedel - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Brasserie Zedel reviews from OpenTable diners
563 reviews since 21 November 2013
pre/post theatre (353)outstanding value (209)business meals (199)special occasions (191)group bookings (161)brunch (131)fit for foodies (114)sunday lunch (107)romance (103)afternoon tea (65)child friendly (30)good vegetarian options (30)disabled access (25)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Enjoyable & fun place.Sari70Dined on 19/11/2014My friend & I celebrated out belated birhdays here. Had wondeful evening . Great food, Wine -- with very good and friendly service. We will come here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A traditional French brasserie in LondonJB707Dined on 18/11/2014We ate here on a Tuesday lunchtime in November. The restaurant has the feel and ambiance of a traditional French brasserie. That is one as the English think of it; having just been in Paris I am not sure there are any like it in Paris! The food is traditional French cuisine, nicely cooked, well presented. We both ate fish which was well cooked and came with good vegetables. Be warned though, you may feel it necessary to order sides. We didn't, realised our mistake and ordered spinach, which was swiftly delivered. Service was pleasant and good but not intrusive, A service charge was added to the bill. Though they warn there is a time limit on bookings we were there for 90 minutes and it didn't seem a problem. At busier times, I guess it might. This was my second visit and I shall plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value, great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 18/11/2014Chose to go to Zedel for a client lunch as couldn't get in to Delauney (didn't know was part of same chain). Was a bit worried that the pricing looked a little lower than other business lunch venues but needn't have worried as everything about the place exceeded my expectations. This is not fine dining and doesn't purport to be - just a great place for a good business lunch in great surroundings. I will definitely go back to see if it is also consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchdinneranddrinksDined on 16/11/2014Beautiful dining room, attentive staff, extensive menu with separate vegetarian menu upon request. delicious food and good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great , shame about the waiterLapp48Dined on 15/11/2014The food was very good, however our waiter was very slapdash wine over the table very heavy-handed presentation of food not wonderful however tastes were there , we eat in lots of lovely restaurants like a lot of people do , this with very loud massive room , probably 200 covers at any one time it's a bit of a production lineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location,ambience, food -15% service charge!yumyumDined on 15/11/2014Brasserie Zedel - ticked all the boxes for us in so many ways. Located in the heart of Theatre Land just off Piccadilly Circus, it's location is perfect. Very authentic French brasserie-style décor and offering a varied and interesting menu, the atmosphere here on a Saturday evening is bustling and buzzy (not the place for a quiet, romantic meal though!) Service was friendly and efficient and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal, especially the "confit de canard" and my husband the "lapin a la moutarde". Thus far highly recommended....the sting in the tail however was the bill, which when it came had got a 15% service charge (discretionary) added on. This changed our overall experience from good value to not so - and we did not like the attitude when we asked our waiter to take it off. Look out for this - as I think most people would not notice and happily pay up. We like to leave a tip - but it has to reflect value and our overall satisfaction with a restaurant - to our taste 15% seemed a touch on the heavy side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent findRayleigh2014Dined on 14/11/2014on entering the restaurant you would never know what lays beneath, a wonderful restaurant in beautiful surroundings. The food was 5 star as was the ambience and service, Could not fault the place - the only downside would be that I would not be happy to be seated near the bar as patrons were practically on top of you if you were eating at the tables of 4 next to the bar. I felt I was intruding on their eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ship shapeCarol4EaDined on 14/11/2014This is a very streamline establishment. It's a great place - busy and run like clockwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional BrasseriePhilDined on 13/11/2014I booked this for a lunch with a group of 8 as it is central, good food, good service and is reliable. It doesn't try to be too fancy - just serves good, traditional typical brasserie fare, and does it very well. Good service, reasonably priced. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!CarlzVIPDined on 12/11/2014A small group of us went for dinner for a catch-up. The service was great, the food incredible (we all had the pre-fixe menu) and it was outstanding value. The bar within the restaurant also seemed to have a good vibe and a great cocktail menu. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- foodie7Dined on 11/11/2014A fun buzzy place, with good food, offering good standard French brasserie fare.Special Features:
- Pre theatre valuelovefoodDined on 10/11/2014I went to Zedel before going to the theatre, as I have been before and the service is always quick. We had the fixed price menu - which is good value, although the starter is a mound of grated carrot...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun venue for a get togetherLondoneaterVIPDined on 7/11/2014Four of us had dinner at Brasserie Zedel last week for a long overdue reunion. It has a great upbeat atmosphere and yet it's still possible to hear each other over the hustle & bustle. The food is classic French with enough variety to satisfy all tastes. My starter of leek & cheese tart was very good. Service was reasonably attentive.
- A lovely meal at Brasserie ZedelMRUKDined on 6/11/2014We had another lovely evening at Brasserie Zedel. The food was very good as was the service. The busy buzz in the beautiful restaurant always makes for a delightful evening,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good but....TonyMVIPDined on 4/11/2014Once again Brasserie Zedel was very good. Had a good lunch with good service and food. However the cheese board was a shock as we ordered four pieces of different cheese and an elegant trolley duly arrived with the waiter cutting four pieces from the only two cheeses on it. When questioned he said that they only had two cheeses. An apology was forthcoming later, after complaining, and we were only charged for two. A french restaurant without a range of cheeses??? Surprising for one of this quality.Special Features:
- never fails to deliversjcartDined on 3/11/2014another visit to brassiere zedel, this time as a treat for my mother for a late lunch. we both opted for the scallops on pomme puree with a tomato sauce with a side of broccoli and almonds. that and the mounds of bread that kept coming satisfied us both whilst the pianist tickled the ivories in the corner. after a leisurely coffee and petit fours we made our wat into the adjoining cocktail bar. beautiful surroundings, lovely service, delicious food, will keep coming back for more.Special Features:
- Fits the bill beautifully.ginstaDined on 1/11/2014I booked this for ten people for my father's 70th birthday. We didn't want a £1k bill but wanted something fit for a great celebration and we got just that. Amazing room, special enough without being pretentious. The hangar steak was amazing (like an onglet). As was the duck confit. We had lots of wine plus cocktails but the bill was very acceptable. I've already started recommending it to others for pretty much any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBobbieCDined on 1/11/2014I've been to Zedel a few times now.I have always experienced terrible service,while the food is good value the service spoils it.We had to wait 20 mins for our table,which in itself is not too much of a problem.The waiter really didn't seem to know what he was doing,kept putting more and more cutlery,glasses,etc that were not needed on the table,we had to use the side of the stage as a make shift side table. Like I said,this isn't the first time that I have experienced terrible service here,it's been every time.I keep coming back because I hope it will get better,but I won't be back to dine again. To make matters worse,one of my companions got covered in the fishy sea water from our oysters that the waiter tipped over him. Embarrassing.
- Great steak - AWFUL salad nicoiseFoodieKDined on 1/11/2014We were in a big group and mostly had steaks but one of our group ordered salad nicoise which literally turned out to be tinned tunna tipped on some lettuce leaves so the bill seems quite expensive at the end. We also weren't a big fan of the paper table cloths.Special Features:
- Fast food French stylehungrykiwiladyDined on 30/10/2014The food comes out within minutes and it's pre-made. The ambience is good & London busy and the restaurant itself is opulent Service is good. 15% service charge was added which is a bit high for UK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely settingpiggywigVIPDined on 30/10/2014Had a birthday dinner here and the food was very good and authentically French (I had onglet). However the place is so big and cavernous that it was very noisy which made conversation difficult for the 2 people in party who were slightly deaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, amazing atmosphereTeeGeeEmDined on 29/10/2014This place looks like a tiny cafe on the outside: don't be fooled. It has an amazing art deco bar and amazing restaurant downstairs! Despite having to rush dinner in order to be at the theatre on time, the staff catered for us and brought put two courses promptly and cooked and presented perfectly. I shall be revisiting here when I have more time to take it in further!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit to Brasserie ZedelDavidPVIPDined on 26/10/2014I've had yet another great dinner here. Normally ten days after a meal I've forgotten what I ate, but the food at Zedel leaves a positive impression. Starter was a very good herring salad, sweet and beautifully presented; followed by a filling boeuf bourguignon and then (my usual) ile flottante. Everything was very well-cooked and I really can't fault any of it.Special Features:
- Basic foodLondine69Dined on 26/10/2014Good value dining but the food is very basic and lacks presentation. Zedel is an up market fast food kind of place which suits at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherebahakosDined on 24/10/2014OA great place to meet with friends in a beautiful environment. The French atmosphere in the design of the interior is enhanced by the French themed music from the live band.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre DinnerFifiVIPDined on 22/10/2014The restaurant staff were aware we had to leave by 7.15pm and so the food was served nice and fast but we were not rushed. We had the fixed menu - three courses that also included a glass of wine and coffee for £20 - very good value indeed. They also offer a coeliac gluten free menu and bread so always a big tick in my book!Special Features:
- Good expriencerddd39Dined on 21/10/2014Brasserie Zedel is an impressive room, grown-up food and decent service. Recommended for a business lunch or dinner. Formal without being stuffy.Special Features:
- Great venue and valueJimmyJDined on 20/10/2014Amazing venue, good menu with some great value options. All food was very tasty. Service a little on the sloppy side, but overall a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingsfdinerVIPDined on 19/10/2014As usual the ambiance and service were exceptional. Desserts were very good and wine selection and value is great. The hangar steak however, was a disappointment. Although with good flavor and done exactly as ordered medium rare, it was very tough, most difficult to cut and chew.Special Features:
- McCarthypersilDined on 18/10/2014Up to your usual high standard. Really enjoyed the rabbit (plat du jour),duck and herring.Special Features:
- Great Evening at ZedelJoandCoDined on 17/10/2014It is a perfect place for a great French night out. The place is spectacular and has such a buzz. Food is typically French and delicious. Caters for groups and couples although some tables for 2 can be a little too close to the bar and you may feel a little crowded. Been here twice and both times staff have been fantastic. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontingDawnDined on 17/10/2014I have been to Brasserie Zedel a few times, and certainly at the beginning enjoyed the food and atmosphere, however it now seems to have slipped into a rather formulaic, fast turnaround restaurant with nothing to particularly recommend it. On my last visit the egg mayonnaise starter was frankly boring and the main course, which was the dish of the day of fish quenelles was dry and rather uninteresting. The atmosphere is still buzzy and the service was just about OK but I will not be rushing back.
- Out of the maelstromJnJFDined on 15/10/2014Escape the Piccadilly crowds and madness into the undergroud comfort of Zedel. It impresses your visitors and the food and service are not half bad (double negative there = positive) and the prix fixe 2 or 3 course menu is good value for what it is and where you are.Special Features:
- Lunch at ZedelFerrs11Dined on 15/10/2014We have visited several times and it never fails. I had their excellent fixed price menu with carrots and steak hache and my husband had choucroute alsacienne, also good. Service perfect. We will continue our visits there.Special Features:
- Stunning venue with good foodPabloVIPDined on 14/10/2014Stunning venue with good, reasonably priced food. Service a bit variable. Lovely bar in Bar Americain.
- Brasserie ZedelEatingoutaloudDined on 14/10/2014Restaurant was reasonably full on a Tuesday lunch time. Had to wait for beer as barrels were being changed. French onion soup served without bread, in fact no bread offered, this is sacrilege for a restaurant claiming to be French. My leek tart starter was delicious, pastry crisp and light. Main course of mackerel a generous portion. But the boeuf bourguignon was disappointingly small. Was very surprised at the 15% service charge, the highest I've ever paid in London. This has gone from being a reasonably priced venue to rather expensive. A pity.Special Features:
- Great girls night out!NineJaDined on 11/10/2014I booked this for a group of 6 friends as a birthday dinner. We were slightly apprehensive as its not the sort of place we would normally go to together, but it was great fun. The building looks very unassuming from the outside but as you enter the restaurant itself it really is quite impressive. The room is large, in a very traditional French/Art Deco style There was a real buzz, which suited the tone of the night. The band were great and they started up around 10pm, with some guests dancing. We were one of the last groups there, but were not rushed out or made to feel that we should leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite London restaurantHelsDined on 10/10/2014Great atmosphere, live music, professional waiters - authentic French brasserie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value at ZedelteachinjosDined on 10/10/2014We have visited Zedel Brasserie at Picadilly Circus many times. We have always found food and service excellent. Their beer and wine is excellent value for money. On this occasion I have to admit that the Hangar steak was not as tender as usual but otherwise everything fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food so-so, service greatkkzzDined on 2/10/2014Went there with two business contacts. The restaurant deco is good. Food was just so-so, my duck was oily and very dry, but service was at good standard.Special Features: