20 Sherwood Street
London, W1F 7EDNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriezedel.com/
- Phone: 020 7734 4888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 23:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Collard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Americain and Crazy Coqs will available for hire between 11.30am-5.00pm.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Chillingworth 02076599302
- Entertainment: The Crazy Coqs is a live entertainment space with a varied programme ranging from cabaret to jazz.
A word from Brasserie Zedel
A large, bustling Parisian brasserie transported to the heart of London. Open throughout the day, offering great value with remarkably low prices, its glorious, historic Art Deco interiors also play host to a 'Bar Américain' and 'The Crazy Coqs', a live music and cabaret venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brasserie Zedel - Best restaurants in Piccadilly ›
Brasserie Zedel reviews from OpenTable diners
548 reviews since 4 June 2014
pre/post theatre (335)outstanding value (202)special occasions (192)business meals (190)group bookings (156)brunch (136)sunday lunch (116)fit for foodies (115)romance (114)afternoon tea (69)child friendly (38)good vegetarian options (28)disabled access (25)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Great foodMacWaters23Dined on 28/9/2014Firstly using the open table app saved so much hassle especially when I needed to change the time and amount if people. Good was good, I had the Sea Bass with an added bonus as they taken all the bones out, creamed spinach too much for one person, which would have been good if they had told us as we were ordering as we ordered two and only needed one You do need to order side dishes with some lie, the steak and Sea Bas, menu doesn't quite explain properly. The discretionary service charge a but steep at 20% and head waiter not too pleased when we asked him to take it off! he then wanted to know how much tip we were going to leave! which then sort of spoiled what had been a lovely meal, our waiter was great though.Special Features:
- Late lunchMiniDined on 26/9/2014Beautiful surroundings, good food and friendly staff. Wine knowledge could br better.Special Features:
- Reunion dinnersarahharkDined on 23/9/2014It was 30 years since we'd all been together...and Brasserie Zedel was an excellent place to celebrate. The table was round, as requested, the service was fast, efficient and friendly, the food is fun if not earth shattering and the atmosphere was perfect, if a little noisier than us old folk are used to! But we had a really good time, and it was extremely good value for central LondonSpecial Features:
- Return to ZedelDejeunerVIPDined on 20/9/2014I was returning there, rather than going for the first time, so that says it allSpecial Features:
- Amazing venue, beautifully restoredAletraveVIPDined on 19/9/2014I love Brasserie Zedel because of the location. It's by Piaccdilly Circusm, and the venue is just beautiful. Very convenient for business meetings. Steak was also good, recommended. Unfortunately they don't serve proper coffee, a big minusSpecial Features:
- Second VisitFeatherDined on 18/9/2014Our second visit and we weren't disappointed. Very good service and very nice good. Wonderful room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/9/2014As soon as you enter the restaurant you feel welcome! The service was flawless, and the food was amazing! I heartedly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience!GirlieDined on 17/9/2014Lovely restaurant, full of character and glamour. Been here several times. Ideal for ladies who lunch or evening celebrations but I personally think the food portions are a bit small for a hungry man! I notice there are a few business looking gents at lunchtime but I imagine it's because it is an impressive place to discuss business or entertain clients. Will definitely go again because of the glamour and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchAG2012Dined on 16/9/2014The dining room at Brasserie Zedel transports you to another era, with old-school service, a simple menu and fabulous art deco surroundings. The clincher is the price - outstanding French fare at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Value for moneymattthefoodieDined on 11/9/2014Brasserie Zedel is classic french cuisine stripped down to its most basic form. Based within the incredible setting of a traditional parisian brasserie the atmosphere is great and service friendly. The adjoining art deco bar provides a selection of cocktail and the feeling of being time warped to the 1930s. Although the food here is not great or amazing there were also no complaints, and given the area and setting the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noelnoelDined on 9/9/2014took a friend for a birthday dinner...it was buzzy and fun...waiters were charming...food was very good indeed....great value...great decorSpecial Features:
- Interesting placeOL12Dined on 7/9/2014Being French I am not sure I will described that as a typical French Brasserie. The space is huge (former ballroom from the 30's) and the decoration reminiscent of Moscow tubes stations. However it was a very good dinnner between friends on a sunday early evening. No band playing at the time. Did not try but the american bar looked quite cool too. Recommend, definitely the tourist trap you may expect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014Great find just off Piccadilly - will be back and hope to try the jazz club next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets us downalisonwonderDined on 5/9/2014Still the go-to restaurant when you want central location, brilliant atmosphere and service, outstanding value for money and lovely food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcl43Dined on 5/9/2014Good and efficient welcome, friendly staff, good foodSpecial Features:
- FunBrentieDined on 4/9/2014Amazing venue and overall experience let down just slightly by some only average food. Loved the theatricalitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!HamishIoMDined on 4/9/2014Brasserie Zedel could have been transported from Paris. My friends and I had a great dinner with all the style and luxury of a Parisian night out. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZedelGeoffersVIPDined on 2/9/2014Good place for a quick bite as the service is very swift. The food is good without being memorable. The fixed priced menues are good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue and quality foodEvkeVIPDined on 1/9/2014I took a friend traveling to London for an evening meal at Brasserie Zedel. The ambiance for the evening was great with a live band. Wine, food and service are of great quality too. Will definitely bring friends there again.Special Features:
- So FrenchgottaeatsomewhereniceDined on 1/9/2014I felt as though we were back in Lyon where we all used to live ( we are Brits )....the food was very good and our waiter was so lovely and helpful..will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and serviceBeejDined on 30/8/2014Brasserie Zedel is always good for Classic French bistro food and some scrummy cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so experienceAlUKDined on 30/8/2014The dinner was really good, but the service was lacking. Since you have to try to get the waiter attention whenever you needs water, condiments. The waiters were not really attentive.Special Features:
- What a discovery!PeachyDined on 29/8/2014I'm delighted to have found a place full of such character suitable for so many occasions in the heart of London! I will be back soon!Special Features:
- Absolutely Fabulous!GirlieDined on 29/8/2014Been to Zedel 3 times so far and cannot fault it in any way. From the time you go down the elaborate staircase to the very stylish restaurant, it's a wonderful experience that should not be missed. I will be booking again soon for another 2 occasions.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!HappyeaterDined on 28/8/2014Have never had a mediocre meal here! Fantastic atmoshpere, excellent service and great food. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Brassy BrasserieNippy1Dined on 28/8/2014Service slick. Well presented and informed staff. Portion sizes adequate.Fish soup pukka. Beef Borg rich.Steak ropey. Wine range good. This is a colossal outfit- you're packed in like sardines in a can. It's not overt but if your switched on you'll recognise that you have a 2hr MAX dining experience. The courses follow each other with seemless precision and timing... So there shouldn't be any reason for dilly dallying!!! Then in come the next diners! And that's how the clever boys and girls at Cafe Zedel turn over 1000 covers a night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden French gem of a bistrosmumaniDined on 28/8/2014I think this was my fourth visit to Zedel this year and each time the service and food has been excellent. The friends I took there were impressed with the layout, decor and ambiance. You really feel like you are in a Parisian bistro when you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Greatrel266Dined on 22/8/2014Visiting for the second time, after a year's absence, I was really surprised. The ambiance on a Friday night was terrific, with a live jazz band playing beautiful music. It was really like being back in the 20s :-) The food was great with the deserts being outstanding. Portion sizes are decent - not too big or too small and the price is fair. A great place for a post theatre dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBarbiedoll82Dined on 22/8/2014Buzzy fun lively atmosphere and good valu. What fabulous decor just like being in Paris.Special Features:
- Great evening outrichTW11Dined on 21/8/2014Started off with a lovely cocktail in the American Bar then enjoyed a good value dinner in the fantastically decorated restaurant.Good service and food and a real buzz to the place made for a great evening out!Special Features:
- Great Meal in a beautiful Roomluv2dineDined on 20/8/2014We had a table of seven people for dinner. The food was great and the room is stunning. On this occasion the service was a bit slow but with so many people at the table I don't think my guests noticed.Special Features:
- Un peu de Paris in PiccadillyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/8/2014The venue at Zedel's is outstanding - wonderful, high, glass Art Deco cathedral space, yet every table feels intimate. The journey to find the Brasserie downstairs from the modest exterior was worth it. The waiting staff are polite and professional, and will answer a call - so many places insist on 'your' waiter or waitress dealing with you. Not so here. Food was good and authentically French. Bill was about what I expected, 15% service already included, please note. Lovely place to meet friends in the centre of town, and handy for theatres, films and galleries being five minutes from Piccadilly Circus. Age of diners also very varied, my daughter is 33, I am 62, and we both loved it. Will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMarFerVIPDined on 18/8/2014Great dinner with good food. Quick and exceptional service. I love the orange wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodEnjoyfoodVIPDined on 18/8/2014We always eat at Brasserie Zedel when in the Piccadilly area. It's a hidden gem and one of our favourite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large French brasserie styleIanWDined on 18/8/2014Good value for location and atmosphere. Just a big Cöte, really!Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceChrisDined on 17/8/2014I booked this restaurant at the last minute. They seated my friend and I and we had the Prix Fix lunch. The food was good, but the main reason why I'll go back again and again was the service. The waitress, Joanne, overheard my friend and I talking about it being my birthday. After our desserts, she came over with a plate with 'Joyeux Anniversaire' written in chocolate and a petit four with 2 small madeleines. It was absolutely thoughtful and wonderful and made our afternoon. Everyone in the staff - servers, hosts and managers, were smiling, happy and attentive. Excellent afternoon. Great location, art deco decor, general feel good factor, and affordable food, this could be my new go-to place in the centre of town. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-theatre diningGlutenFreeEaterVIPDined on 15/8/2014Took my mum for a pre-theatre meal. Host asked us on arrival if we would be seeing a show and assured us that we would have plenty of time to eat and make the 7:30pm performance. Service was swift but not at all rushed and food was good quality, little on the pricey side once you start adding alcohol but well worth a visit.Special Features:
- fabulous pre theatre restaurantmarkBVIPDined on 14/8/2014Very simple and great value restaurant. Excellent staff and a fabulous dining space.
- Great find for pre theatre dinner400salDined on 13/8/2014Brasserie Zedel was a wonderful find very close to Piccadilly Theatre. Un prepossessing from outside but a real gem inside. Very Art Deco. From first conversation with Maître D all staff were both charming and efficient. Menu has good selection French cuisine. I had Choucroute a la Mer and it was absolutely delicious. Would definitely recommend and will go again.Special Features:
- Grand Cafe, chain-restaurant charmnadiaConwayDined on 13/8/2014Zedel is very impressive when you walk in, I love the entrance with its Parisian cafe style coat check kiosk, and it's glamorously high ceilings. However I'm not sure if this is a chain, but it does feel like one. Everything's very shiny, bright and branded. So for a casual client lunch, or taking your mum for tea it's fine but I wouldn't choose it for a romantic dinner. The service is snappy (perhaps a little too snappy as they tried to take my client's plates while she was still eating). The food is good (but portions seem small). On the whole, a good lunch spotSpecial Features: