Bread Street Kitchen
10 Bread Street
London, EC4M 9ABNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Bread Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/bread-street/
- Phone: 02030304050x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 11pm (last sitting)
Saturday: 11.30am – 11pm (last sitting)
Sunday: 11.00am - 8pm (last sitting)
Monday to Friday: 10am – 12 midnight
Saturday: 11.30am - 12 midnight
Sunday: 11.00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Modern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erion Karaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating
A word from Bread Street Kitchen
A lively and exciting new restaurant and bar from the team at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and the home to a relaxed dining experience set in a large warehouse style space, drawing inspiration from the East London aesthetic that surrounds it. At the heart of the Bread Street Kitchen offering is an informal approach to dining. Guests can meet, eat and drink from early morning until late at night. Underpinned by great service and a menu that includes a raw bar, a wood burning oven and dishes from the lively open kitchen. Guests will also be able to take in the incredible wine balcony which will stretch along the walls of the kitchen holding no less than 2000 bottles of wine. Open from breakfast the all day restaurant offers an extensive wine and bespoke cocktail list alongside a seasonal menu. Diners can enjoy a lazy sit down over a cider braised pork collar and king crab cocktail or grab a quick ceviche of salmon with grapefruit, jalapeño lime and coriander at the more relaxed Raw Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bread Street Kitchen - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Bread Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
1046 reviews since 21 October 2013
business meals (523)special occasions (383)fit for foodies (305)group bookings (279)brunch (259)sunday lunch (189)romance (180)pre/post theatre (93)child friendly (86)outstanding value (61)good vegetarian options (53)disabled access (40)afternoon tea (38)outdoor eating (24)Show More
- Tasty food but expensiveFood4thoughtDined on 19/10/2014Food quality of mains was very good. Service was friendly but mistakes were made one orders either due to noise levels in place or technology. Lovely live music and singer although a little loud. Wine was expensive for a Sunday lunch.Special Features:
- Something differentCessDined on 19/10/2014First the decor is very original and i loved the industrial style. I was there Sunday for lunch and they had a singer and guitarist playing in the background it was lovely. The menu is different there is a good variety of fish, vegetarian and meat options. I ordered the heritage tomato and burrata tart and the crispy duck salad which were both lush! Plus they have real freshly squeezed orange juice!!! Rare thing these days in London. Lovely experience overall, thank you.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch with familyIsaBDined on 19/10/2014I had been to this restaurant for a business lunch before and had a good memory. This time I book for Sunday lunch with friends and their 10 years old son. We had a very good meal the Sunday roast was excellent and the staff was flexible in accomodating a request for different pizza toppings. Service was kind atmosphere relaxed the live music guitar + singer was high quality and not intrusive/ too loud. Another plus is the distance between tables which is not that common in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as personableMisstruttDined on 17/10/2014Other Gordon's restaurants have exceeded my expectations, this being bigger than the others, I felt the personal touch had gone, but food still excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in the Gordon Ramsey classMoodybhaiDined on 17/10/2014I took my family for dinner after an event at St. Paul's. It was a belated birthday outing for my wife and seeing that this was a Gordon Ramsey restaurant and having been to Maze and Gordon Ramsey at Claridges previously we had high hopes for a good meal. The ambience is nice, very New York but the food and service were disappointing. They got our starters mixed up and we had to wait for one to arrive by which time others had already finished- starters were good though. We all had the short rib burger which was decent but very heavy and rich - the brioche bun and the sirracha mayonnaise masked the taste of the patty. Overall at about £32 per head not good value considering we didn't have deserts or drinks.Special Features:
- ConsistentDiner24Dined on 16/10/2014I frequently meet people here for a pre-work breakfast and it never fails to deliver. Once again did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mash potatoLovetodineDined on 11/10/2014Great place to go; service is good, good is delicious and the atmosphere is welcoming. Mash potato incredibly nice and creamy, ceviche very disappointing and white wine gave us three a terrible headache the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Bread Street is our favorite restaurant in London! We eat there every time and we are always blown away. If you are planning a trip to London be sure to book a reservation at Bread Street. Be sure to book early because they are always packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDoctorbecDined on 10/10/2014Great food. Fantastic service. Good atmosphere. Food was good value but a shame about the compulsary 12.5% service charge AND a cover charge per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star experienceIOnceHadAndouilletteDined on 10/10/2014I do have to begin with the only flaw, the first thing we noticed upon arrival to our booked table was the noise. Loud music combined with a lot of guests equals trouble to talk around the table and/or with the staff. The "industrial" -look and feeling of the restaurant is fantastic, but it does not have a lot of noise-cancelling properties. Adding dividing walls clad with metal "chainmail", as I've seen in my university, would fix this problem to some extent. While going well with the industrial look. That put aside, food, service and overall experience was worth five stars. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends! Extremely priceworthy looking at food quality and size of portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre mealCountrybumpkins89Dined on 10/10/2014very impressive dining experience, good service, food and choice excellent. will return.Special Features:
- Higher expectationsPhillyfoodie50Dined on 7/10/2014Food overall in London is consistently good, so i expected more of this place. There was nothing wrond with the meal per se, just had highr expectations
- DisappointingJamesJVIPDined on 6/10/2014I've been to Bread Street three or four times since it opened in both big and small groups. It's not Ramsey fine-dining but previously the food has always been good (although the place is always noisy). This time the food really disappointed. Four of the main courses on the menu were unavailable (it was only 8:30pm). We had pork belly which was dry and slow-roasted lamb which was also too dry and was presented badly - just three lumps of meat with a thick sauce. Spiced honey carrots were good. Service average - had to ask for salt and pepper on the table and when they (eventually) brought it the salt cellar had no salt in it. Compared to previous experiences here the food was poor.
- Lovely Sunday lunchTouristDined on 5/10/2014Food was great and value for money (we had lunch the day before at Oblix). But between the starter and main course, service was slow. Kids were hungry. Overall, great place for family and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet for breakfastRamsayfanDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I flew to London to do a Gordon Ramsay restaurant weekend. This was the third of four booked restaurants. The atmosphere of the Bread Street Kitchen is brilliant. When we were leaving, we saw that there was live music about to start. My husband absolutely loved his steak and eggs. My lobster roll was pretty good.Special Features:
- Very goodDavidCuveasDined on 4/10/2014Excelent environment, excelent food, the waitress could be a little more nicer, but it was completely professional. In general, the menu doesn't seem to be extraordinarily expensive, but its not cheap :)Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014the restaurant itself, decor, ambience etc and food was excellent - the service is some of the worst i have ever experienced.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, as expected.JamesDined on 4/10/2014Personally I am a fan of all the Gordon Ramsay restaurants in London, and I really enjoy the Bread Street Kitchen in particular, the food is always great and the atmosphere is much more casual than the maze etc. Perfect for pre/post theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchanteaterDined on 4/10/2014We were looking forward to trying this restaurant. Liked; decor, menu choice, relaxed atmosphere. Not so good; steak and egg breakfast. Some of the order was mixed up. Some guests steaks were not cooked as requested (more rare than medium, although mine was correct). Some steaks were too fatty. I don't mind paying for food of good quality, but, this was not of the standard expected here. A little fat adds to the flavour, but, tough fat is unpleasant and makes for awkward dining. It was therefore a little disappointing. However, I hope this was a one off, as I am willing to give this restaurant another go. I would like to try another dish from the fairly extensive menu. The staff were polite.Special Features:
- servicemackDined on 3/10/2014When i was at BSK in 2013 the service was outstanding and the food exellent. Unfortunately this time the waitress seemed tired and uninspired. The food was ok but not more than that.
- OverpricedDined on 3/10/2014The wine list is ridiculously expensive and the somelier tried to up-sell us from our £30 bracket to a £68 bottle because it was "quite nice". I dont think he actually knew anything about the wine, especially after asking us if we might prefer white with our beef. Adding a cover charge as well as service charge is pushing it - our bill was about £150 for 1 shared starter, 2 mains and a bottle of wine and although the food was nice I think Bread Street Kitchen is overpriced.
- Bread st kitchenStevieVIPDined on 3/10/2014Dined here twice in a week and was delighted both times. Real good place with food to match the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMichaelDined on 3/10/2014This was my second visit. The first with friends and second with my partner. We both enjoyed our starter and mains. I had the cured meat platter and my partner had the salmon ceviche. Both very nice. For mains I had the pork and fennel sausages with lentils and she had the goosnargh duck breast. Again, both very nice and also quite generous filling portions. The cocktails are great too. The only minor thing worth mentioning is we asked for some more bread and had to ask twice before we actually got it and by the time we did get it the moment had passed really. The bread is lovely though! Cost £113 for 2 people, 2 courses, 1 side, 2 cocktails (1 of them a mocktail) and a small caraffe of wine. Definitely recommend giving it a try.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed!WozzaH72Dined on 3/10/2014Ate here for my wife's birthday opted for a late lunch. The restaurant has an industrial feel and the attention to detail is very good. Food was not as good as I would expect for the price although portions were decent size. The burger was average but wife's cod was very good. Service was average majority of waiting staff were not very attentive. Cocktails are very good but not many to chose from. Think that charging £2 per person cover is very cheeky especially when our bill for 2 was over £150 then 12.5% service charge as well!! Overall an enjoyable experience but not really a high end restaurant experience although seeing Gordon himself was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not just about...POCODined on 3/10/2014...the wrapping paper... the present has to be excellent too. Quality of food was surprisingly poor. Double cooked chips should be excellent, right. They were soft. The grey mullet was dry, stodddgy and flavourless... everything seems unfresh, pre made and warmed up. The service was great but that's a given anywhere except Paris, right. In a phrase, standards are dropping... really Gordon we expect the earth but just to have nice present wrapping doesn't make the present great.Special Features:
- Nice socializing and meeting pointfoodloveDined on 1/10/2014High ceilings, good food, really good location to socialize after workSpecial Features:
- lunchNatBVIPDined on 1/10/2014good buzzy vibe for a weekday lunch, solid menu, hard not to like and have a good timeSpecial Features:
- fabulousmetropolitanDined on 29/9/2014We had a lovely meal varied menu to choose from. Help with wine selection, and fantastic desert. Great service, would go again and definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical London ExperienceFloyd1973Dined on 27/9/2014A great place for a special occasion where you want to impress a special person. Relaxed and informal but you know you are in a top class restaurant. Staff are pleasant and attentive without the fuss. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Great place with a relaxed feel. Food was high quality with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilleDined on 27/9/2014Great food bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
- Very solid dining experience.CanadianFoodieDined on 27/9/2014We are visiting from Canada and wanted to try a Ramseys restaurant. The service and knowledge of the staff/servers was excellent. Service speed and attention to customers was also excellent. Appetizers/starters were exceptional - loved the scallops! Main course dishes were prepared perfectly. We were expecting the menu to be more complicated but menu was more simple dishes with enough flair to make them upscale. Was a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Better than the ivy! :-)GrubmasterDined on 26/9/2014Service fantastic, food amazing... Even bumped into Gordon on the stairs. Would definitely go again. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread St KitchenorganiserDined on 26/9/2014Went with a group of friends, everyone enjoyed themselves and rated the menu highly - an excellent choice of meals. Atmosphere was good, design of the restaurant was unusual, but funky. enjoyed ourselves and would come back again.Special Features:
- Bread St KitchenStevieVIPDined on 26/9/2014First time and won't be the last. Everything you would expect from Mr Ramsay. Nailed the venue, the food, the service and the ambience.Special Features:
- Team breakfastEvaMDined on 26/9/2014Had team breakfast and was not as as good as expected (or prev visit). Tea was not hot enough, none of the 4 separate pots we ordered since only one small cup size in each! Food options were good though my colleague would have preferred to have the option of smoked / unsmoked bacon. Huge bowl of yoghurt came with tiny pot of granola. Little but important things. Previous visit everything just seemed better, whereas this time it did not meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot in the citySF33Dined on 24/9/2014A good spot to eat in the city; though very busy at lunch times. great for Sunday lunch with family! the menu could do with a bit of a shake up, but still one of the city's continually good spots to eat.Special Features:
- Best food around St Paul'sILChineseVIPDined on 23/9/2014Creative light menu with a wide choice of fish and other types of seafood, perfectly executed. Gets very busy which sometimes results in slower service.Special Features:
- I wonder what Gordon would sayAnonymousDined on 23/9/2014This was a business lunch and I was hoping to impress with my choice of restaurant. Our party of 7 were placed in direct sunlight (no blinds) by the window and I had to ask for butter with the bread twice and it took 20 minutes to arrive. I had to call the waitress to take our food order as nobody was paying us any attention at all. The food was average and my fish carpaccio starter was awful, stringy and too thick in places swimming in liquid with tasteless green dollops. My duck salad for main was no better, too much sticky sauce and hardly any green leaves. The waitress did not smile once and never asked if everything was ok. It just shows Gordon's name above the door means nothing, poor value for money at £47 per head without wine.
- Fabulous and freshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2014The food was great. Perfectly cooked, tasted fabulous and fresh. Everything was served hot and perfectly seasoned. Only issue was the seat. It was next to a corner seat and I kept having to move my chair over for the wait staff to serve the corner table. They made every effort to not hit my chair which was appreciated. I would have preferred they move the tables further apart as there was plenty of room... Or they could have sat us at a different table. There was plenty of space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.