Bread Street Kitchen
10 Bread Street
London, EC4M 9ABNeighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Bread Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/bread-street/
- Phone: 02030304050x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 11pm (last sitting)
Saturday: 11.30am – 11pm (last sitting)
Sunday: 11.00am - 8pm (last sitting)
Monday to Friday: 10am – 12 midnight
Saturday: 11.30am - 12 midnight
Sunday: 11.00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Modern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erion Karaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating
A word from Bread Street Kitchen
A lively and exciting new restaurant and bar from the team at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and the home to a relaxed dining experience set in a large warehouse style space, drawing inspiration from the East London aesthetic that surrounds it. At the heart of the Bread Street Kitchen offering is an informal approach to dining. Guests can meet, eat and drink from early morning until late at night. Underpinned by great service and a menu that includes a raw bar, a wood burning oven and dishes from the lively open kitchen. Guests will also be able to take in the incredible wine balcony which will stretch along the walls of the kitchen holding no less than 2000 bottles of wine. Open from breakfast the all day restaurant offers an extensive wine and bespoke cocktail list alongside a seasonal menu. Diners can enjoy a lazy sit down over a cider braised pork collar and king crab cocktail or grab a quick ceviche of salmon with grapefruit, jalapeño lime and coriander at the more relaxed Raw Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bread Street Kitchen - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Bread Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
1034 reviews since 19 May 2014
business meals (523)special occasions (382)fit for foodies (299)group bookings (280)brunch (262)sunday lunch (193)romance (176)pre/post theatre (96)child friendly (85)outstanding value (56)good vegetarian options (51)afternoon tea (43)disabled access (38)outdoor eating (24)Show More
- Mark87Dined on 13/9/2014I thought the food was very poor for a gordon Ramsey restaurant. I have breen to maze aswell which was excellent. Gordon should take a look at this restaurant instead of making tv programmes about the state of other peoples
- Great placeMrsBDined on 13/9/2014Delicious food. Scallops and lobster in particular. Efficient service. Lovely atmosphere and decor. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high end casualrmonesDined on 13/9/2014Gordon Ramsay has a restaurant for every occasion but the common element is quality and service. Bread Street Kitchen is a casual restaurant with a sophisticated menu in a hip industrial like space. Great food and great service. Soup and salad were fresh and delicious. Carpaccio was superb. Our server was efficient, professional, and attentive. This was not my first visit and will not be the last.Special Features:
- fantastic restaurantcrazygunnerDined on 12/9/2014Its a must for foodies, great place ! ***** Highly rrecommended Fantastic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pity about the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Your let down is the service. Drinks take too long to arrive, there does not seem to be any communication between your staff. I ordered a drink, waited 10 minutes just to be asked what I would like to drink again - when I repeat my order the waiter goes "oh yeah, I see that now, have you not received that yet?" - yeah sure, I hid it under the table! Food outstanding, nice selection on the menu, there is something for all tastes.Special Features:
- Great Food - quite priceyeplauVIPDined on 7/9/2014lovely fish, ambiance was a bit lacking, but city on the weekend I guess is. Good service and lovely view though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceAdam86Dined on 6/9/2014Attended the restaurant on a Saturday night and it was lively with a very good atmosphere. The service was also excellent. Would have given an even better review had we been sat deeper in the restaurant. It felt a bit as though we were out on a limb closer to the entrance whereas it seemed better the further in you are seated. That would be my only complaint, otherwise I couldn't fault it and would definitely visit again. I attended with a friend but there were couples and groups so it does cater for all party types.Special Features:
- Dinner with Gordon!sk273Dined on 6/9/2014It's always a good sign when the owner is eating in house and we were pleasantly surprised to see gordon ramsay and his family eating a few tables away from us. Celebrity spotting aside, food was very good from an extensive menu and wine also excellent if somewhat overpriced. The dining room definitely is great for groups or even a cheeky date. My only gripe is the slightly inconsistent service (dishes coming out at different times, the table next to is being told about specials whilst we weren't) and the fact that they charge you £2 per cover? Would go again but maybe not in a rushI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely resturantSam1982Dined on 6/9/2014Great evening, cocktails were great, food amazing and Gordon Ramsey even popped in!Special Features:
- RocoDined on 5/9/2014Great evening on friday night, food and atmosphere were fab, thanks to the staff for being so accomodating .Special Features:
- Good breakfastSale16Dined on 5/9/2014Booked here as somewhere for a breakfast in the City before work. Good atmosphere for breakfast, lively without being loud; smart without being stuffy. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Mediocre dining experiencetheatregoerVIPDined on 4/9/2014Burger was undercooked and took a half hour to replace. All other diners were finished.Special Features:
- Great foodGPMSMITHDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant is good value for money and has a great ambiance. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- What a disappointment...sk4foodVIPDined on 31/8/2014We had really been looking forward to our visit to Bread Street Kitchen and it was a complete disappointment. We were given a good window table and because it was a celebration, ordered champagne. As we sat and looked around the vast, pastiche interior we questioned why the designers had gone this rather cliched 'themed pub' route. When we came to order, the dish I really wanted was unavailable... so why was it on the menu? The alternative I chose, a 'Pizzetta' was unacceptable as In reality it was a pizza, which I could have anywhere! Even my starter, a Salmon Ceviche was rather bland. My partner's plaice was overwhelmed by the way it was cooked and the presentation of all our dishes was really poor. Sadly this was a bad experience.Special Features:
- What a cold and dark experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014We didn't like it. We couldn't read the menu as there was not enough light. The service was very long and the room was cold. The food had nothing to be remembered for. On the other side the staff was very kind and tried to find us a warmer place with more light. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.Special Features:
- 2nd visitLynn29Dined on 29/8/2014Food was all fairly good. Rigatoni appetizer was tasty but way under cooked. Bread served was almost impossible to chew. This is our second visit in a few years. Pretty sure Gordon wouldn't have been thrilled with that night's meal either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and top servicechrissyhDined on 29/8/2014Great place to go for all occasions, reasonable price for the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RupertDined on 29/8/2014Whilst the food and service was great, a 12.5% service charge and a dining cover charge is completely unacceptable and took the gloss off what was otherwise a nice meal.
- Excellent food service only OKMeenieVIPDined on 28/8/2014We started at the bar where the bar staff were simply ride, they tried to force us to go upstairs, didnt want to serve us and our one and only cocktail took 45 mins to make! Luckily we had dinner booked upstairs and the food was amazing! And service much better too! All of the dishes were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...StooferDined on 27/8/2014Went here on a dry run with one client. Was very good. It can be a foodie menu, but there is a burger choice. It can be expensive depending on what you have, but you can get some great cheaper options. So I LOVE the fact there is finally a place with CHOICE. The waiters, when they get hired, have to try all the various foods. So the guy we had, 2 weeks on the job, was excited to tell us his favourites. And he wasn't wrong... Scallops for starter - top notch. bacon and thinly sliced apple. Awesome. Then I had duck breast, excellent. My client didn't pick so well but all in all great. Desert also was perfect. But went there a second time, group of 6, the food was still excellent, BUT WHATS WITH THE FRUIT FLIES. They had an issue hereSpecial Features:
- Expensive and noisy restaurantIBBBVIPDined on 27/8/2014This restaurant is very average. The food is not of the standard that one might expect at a Gordon Ramsay establishment. It is more fast food, and the quality nothing compared to many eateries in the vicinity. The big issue is the noise. For a venue in the business district, the noise levels were terrible and it was difficult to hear your co-diner speak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedtravellingfoodieDined on 24/8/2014Went here while on holidays in London. Was counting down the weeks with excitement of getting to experience food from one of my favourite chefs restaurants. I must say I have next been so disappointed in my life. So much so that I left most of my main. Over cooked roast potatoes (literally rock hard). The beef was mainly fat which couldn't be eaten and so little gravy they may as well have not bothered with it. £2.50 for water as well as £2 power person table charge and 12.5% service charge. Basically I feel completely robbed. Would not recommend and definitely would not go back. Paid a total of £120 and got same meal the following night for £30 in a local pub. Way nicer, tastier and more enjoyable.
- Excellent experienceDennisDined on 24/8/2014Went for bruch and we were immediately impressed by the overall feel and decor the staff were very professional and courteous the food was excellent well presented and well seasoned the coffee was also excellent on a very small point the portions of butter were not enough to go with the bread would definatley go again overall a great bruch experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what the f have you created here?TheMuffinManDined on 23/8/2014There is little.i can say in praise of this place. waiters who are either untrained or disinterested. food which is poor my.chicken wings were hard and rasteless ald lost in a glutinous mess. my duck salad was a plate of ctess with another amorphous sticky mess of inedible duck meat. finally the bill was outrageous, drinks are so expensive and was the cover charge for those 4 bits of stale btead. gordon you should be ashamed
- Very nice experienceamjanaDined on 23/8/2014A friend of mine highly recommended Bread Street Kitchen and I must say he was really right. Having made online dinner reservations we were well-received. We are a family of two adults and three children and we were well looked after. The staff was very friendly and professional and the food was delicious, from starter to dessert. The restaurant has a beautiful setting and a great buzz and atmosphere. It is a place to come back to!Special Features:
- 22/8/2014ShelDined on 22/8/2014Fab food, no steak available though ! Great service, it was for a friends birthday so they also provided a free dessert with candle and plated chocolate messageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!DTownDined on 22/8/2014As a business lunch, this place is superb. Great service and the food on offer is at a really high standard. The atmosphere is lively classy (a bit like the Wolseley). The brunch menu looks great, will be trying this next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but rip off with hidden extraswoolfnDined on 21/8/2014When I go to a Ramsay restaurant I already know I'll be paying through the nose. I also know service will be slick food will be good. Fair enough so far. However to see a £2 cover charger per person, plus 2.50 for bottled water and then add an "optional" 12.5% service charge has me leaving the place thinking about the rip off prices, rather than the dining experience.Special Features:
- LeaashDined on 19/8/2014The food was good however the service was very slow not very good for a business lunch as 2 course took exactly 2 hoursSpecial Features:
- Would recommend for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/8/2014I took a client to The bread Street Kitchen for a lunch appointment. The restaurant ambience was great. The service was superb and attentive. The choice and quality of the food was also very good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- good for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/8/2014Nothing particularly impressive, no reason to fall off one's chair but decent and constant good foodSpecial Features:
- Fun onceRoxygrl2002Dined on 15/8/2014Good to experience once... We weren't happy with the cover charge of £2/person plus 12.5% gratuity (didn't really understand why the cover charge?) and £8 fee for water which clearly came out of a tap after we were asked if we wanted water. Food was good, but not many vegetarian options for part of our party who felt that for the value, it wasn't really worth the vegetarian dishes available. Felt that something like duck (for the non-veggies) was too expensive at £25. Staff were really nice. Loved the vibe/decor of the place. Would return just to visit downstairs bar as the location was great and it was a beautiful bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, comfort foodKN2014Dined on 15/8/2014Went here for a team lunch on Friday. Burgers went down well with colleagues. Grey mullet also tasty. Attitude of the (very rushed) serving staff was not always as we would expect - snapping at a colleague who requested bread - but improved as the meal went on. Chocolate fondant is a definite favourite. The restaurant is very busy at lunchtimes and can be extremely noisy, so probably not the place if you want to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good variety for groupsEllieDDined on 15/8/2014Nice informal atmosphere. A lot of work groups during the week. I'd definitely come back...Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, average foodThirdCultureFoodieDined on 14/8/2014The best thing about this restaurant was the ambiance. I liked the exposed brick, high ceilings, and dim lights. The tables are also very spread out, giving you and your party a lot of privacy. It was not very noisy upstairs in the main restaurant either. The food was good, but for a Gordon Ramsay restaurant I would have expected better. It was also slightly pricey for the average food (around £50 per head with appetizer, main meal and wine). It wasn't spectacular but I would still recommend this restaurant for a nice dinner with friends. Another note: The servers were nice and attentive, but no one welcomes you to your table from downstairs. The card machine also broke during our visit, which was very inconvenient.Special Features:
- Another Jamie Oliver successfood4meVIPDined on 14/8/2014Our first visit. Tables rather close and alot of ambient noise but the food was good and the service very attentive. A particularly good restaurant for business lunches not a special occasion option. Worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRDWRDined on 12/8/2014Having enjoyed various 'top' restaurants in London this is the best - the quality of the food is as you would expect (excellent) and the service was superb (attentive but not over the top, excellent timing) therefore making this my new favourite venue. Starters are slightly more expensive than expected but the mains were good value. Six adults with starters, mains, coffees and two bottles of wine worked out at c£60 per head which for the standards I thought was spot on. Only two criticisms - firstly there was an additional £2 per person to eat in the evening on top of the service charge (why - just irritating) and two, the wine list was almost too extensive with limited choices at the medium/bottom end of pricing. Overall, excellentSpecial Features:
- PMPeteMVIPDined on 12/8/2014Main course took an age to arrive as did drinks. The drinks waitress was delivering the right drinks to the wrong tables throughout. I had the pork belly - previously it has been top notch, this time it was quite average.Special Features:
- MaWiMaWiDined on 11/8/2014Good venue and food but on the pricey side. Had mixture of starters (salmon ceviche and duck salad) and maccaroni and cheese - very nice and would recommend to try it.Special Features:
- ScallopVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very slow service (we went at lunchtime). Smallish portions. Spacious contemporary interior with plenty of light.I would recommend this to a friend.