Bread Street Kitchen
10 Bread Street
London, EC4M 9ABNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Bread Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/bread-street/
- Phone: 02030304050x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 11pm (last sitting)
Saturday: 11.30am – 11pm (last sitting)
Sunday: 11.00am - 8pm (last sitting)
Monday to Friday: 10am – 12 midnight
Saturday: 11.30am - 12 midnight
Sunday: 11.00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Modern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erion Karaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating
A word from Bread Street Kitchen
A lively and exciting new restaurant and bar from the team at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and the home to a relaxed dining experience set in a large warehouse style space, drawing inspiration from the East London aesthetic that surrounds it. At the heart of the Bread Street Kitchen offering is an informal approach to dining. Guests can meet, eat and drink from early morning until late at night. Underpinned by great service and a menu that includes a raw bar, a wood burning oven and dishes from the lively open kitchen. Guests will also be able to take in the incredible wine balcony which will stretch along the walls of the kitchen holding no less than 2000 bottles of wine. Open from breakfast the all day restaurant offers an extensive wine and bespoke cocktail list alongside a seasonal menu. Diners can enjoy a lazy sit down over a cider braised pork collar and king crab cocktail or grab a quick ceviche of salmon with grapefruit, jalapeño lime and coriander at the more relaxed Raw Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bread Street Kitchen - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Bread Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
1048 reviews since 1 November 2013
business meals (523)special occasions (381)fit for foodies (308)group bookings (284)brunch (266)sunday lunch (188)romance (176)pre/post theatre (94)child friendly (89)outstanding value (63)good vegetarian options (52)disabled access (39)afternoon tea (38)outdoor eating (24)Show More
- SuperJohnyGDined on 29/10/2014Lovely food and very attentive service. Went on a Wednesday night and had a great atmosphere. The tables have been designed well so you don't feel too close to the other diners. SuperSpecial Features:
- DownhillEjazDined on 28/10/2014Not as good as it was. Food uninspiring and service haphazard. Overall expensive for what is offered.Special Features:
- Great service and foodAndyWBDined on 28/10/2014We visited during a short break in London. We were on a bit of a tight schedule, but it was nothing too pressing. We ordered and the help from the Sommellier on choosing a white wine was great. We ordered mains and sat back and chatted. We didn't noticed it took a little bit for meals to arrive, as it was no problem. The food was great and we really enjoyed it all. The waitress asked if we could wait five minutes so they could apologise for the delay. It wasn't too log anyway though! They then delivered a desert platter for us. What a great service from the restaurant and in particular our waitress. She was great and I would have given a great review even wthout the desert platter. Thank you, we will be back when next in London.Special Features:
- Left with a bad taste in my mouth!DisappointedDined on 26/10/2014Food, ambiance, location all great. Portions were filling and beautiful. Staff - Diabolical. What should have been a thoroughly enjoyable evening with friends was spoilt by our rude and unprofessional waitress. Despite several items being off the menu, she struggled then to input the items into the iPad/tablet, requiring us to tell her again. Inbetween courses we were left unattended for 35 minutes before we then asked for a dessert menu, followed by a further 20 minute wait for her to come back. IT WASNT BUSY??? The bill arrived to find items added to the bill we didn't order - it took 4 attempts for her to get the bill correct. We removed the 12.5% tip. Won't go back or recommend until Gordan apologies!!!Special Features:
- Great foodJaymesDined on 26/10/2014The food was very nice and looked amazing but I understand the need to cook fresh but 50 minutes between starters and main course is a long wait. Apart from that fact it is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good qualityMarcellaDined on 26/10/2014The quality of ingredients was obvious and my starter of crispy duck salad was fabulous, for a non salad eater that is saying something. However, my veggie friend was disappointed with her main course which was somewhat dry and crisp cannelloni . Live music on Sunday was great and added to the atmosphere. Service was a little slow and at time we felt we had been forgotten but overall we still had a great time.Special Features:
- Great eveningLuvmyfoodDined on 25/10/2014The occasion was my son's 30th and he wanted to try a Ramsey restaurant. Everything was excellent from the venue to the staff to the food!! We will definitely have to go again. The evening we were there they were doing 'street food' downstairs in a very casual environment…. must try that too!Special Features:
- Bread Street KitchenGeo18Dined on 25/10/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and food, highly recommend this restraurant, dress code fairly relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014Service very slow. Food average nothing to shot about
- Good nightMarkDined on 24/10/2014Good quality food, good variety especially starters and main courses. Cover charge unnecessary, especially when charging for their own bottled water. Would dine again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gordon is God!Harpo911Dined on 24/10/2014The restaurant, in a word; BUSY! The food, every mouthful was just as excellent as the previous. If I had a little nag it was one of the guys in a suit who was French and was a little bit rude to me when I used the toilets. The guy ahead of me kept the toilet door open for me & so I didn't see the "Out Of Order" sign. He snapped at me as to why I didn't see the sign. That annoyed me about 2%. I would dine here again & I will. Hmmm, which of Gordon's restaurants should I try now? Again, Gordon, I'm a huge fan and always will be. You and your staff are amazing!Special Features:
- Fabulous lunchDmuz3Dined on 23/10/2014Visited for a lunch with my son and it lived up to our expectations, in fact exceeded them! The atmosphere was great, busy but staff were attentive, professional and friendly. The food was fabulous, so difficult to chose but we were both very pleased with our choices. Can't speak highly enough, would recommend without hesitation and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceloveeatingoutDined on 22/10/2014The restaurant was beautifully decorated, the staff were exceedingly friendly and try hard to please, good service. Food very good, well presented. Loved the upstairs bar and relaxed but chic ambience of the whole restaurant and bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to Please!PompeiaVIPDined on 22/10/2014Bread Street Kitchen is an ideal place for both serious and social dining. The whole layout gives a sense of light and airiness which means that no matter how many people dining, it never seems crowded. Busy and buzzy, it feels like the "in" place to be. Arranged a late lunch for 4, and my guests were impressed with the wide range of menu choices. BSK must have one of the best starter menus in London. The service, on this occasion, was outstanding, with friendly outgoing staff, who did everything with a smile. Little wonder, then, that this is a favourite haunt!Special Features:
- Value for every penny.DeawDined on 20/10/2014Actually just wanna try some Gordon Ramsey 's Restaurant, but end up with very good experience, very delicious and high quality foods. I had very good dinner there, and wish to go there again and again.Special Features:
- Gr8TriciaDined on 20/10/2014We spend a bery nice evening there. Service was profesional and very kind. We saw as well Gordon Ramsay himself, who had s buissness meeting at the same time, so it was a special atraction for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food but expensiveFood4thoughtDined on 19/10/2014Food quality of mains was very good. Service was friendly but mistakes were made one orders either due to noise levels in place or technology. Lovely live music and singer although a little loud. Wine was expensive for a Sunday lunch.Special Features:
- Something differentCessDined on 19/10/2014First the decor is very original and i loved the industrial style. I was there Sunday for lunch and they had a singer and guitarist playing in the background it was lovely. The menu is different there is a good variety of fish, vegetarian and meat options. I ordered the heritage tomato and burrata tart and the crispy duck salad which were both lush! Plus they have real freshly squeezed orange juice!!! Rare thing these days in London. Lovely experience overall, thank you.Special Features:
- Sunday lunch with familyIsaBDined on 19/10/2014I had been to this restaurant for a business lunch before and had a good memory. This time I book for Sunday lunch with friends and their 10 years old son. We had a very good meal the Sunday roast was excellent and the staff was flexible in accomodating a request for different pizza toppings. Service was kind atmosphere relaxed the live music guitar + singer was high quality and not intrusive/ too loud. Another plus is the distance between tables which is not that common in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best roast dinner everIlovemeatDined on 19/10/2014It's quite simple. I enjoyed the finest roast dinner I have ever eaten. Suberb huge slice of rare roast beef with proper deeply meaty bone marrow gravy, honey roast carrots that were impossibly good and all the other trimmings. Good atmosphere, nice staff and reasonable prices. Too full for pudding. Would certainly recommend. Kids food looked really great too although we didn't take the kids, the kids that were there were tucking in with gusto. Check it outSpecial Features:
- Not as personableMisstruttDined on 17/10/2014Other Gordon's restaurants have exceeded my expectations, this being bigger than the others, I felt the personal touch had gone, but food still excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in the Gordon Ramsey classMoodybhaiDined on 17/10/2014I took my family for dinner after an event at St. Paul's. It was a belated birthday outing for my wife and seeing that this was a Gordon Ramsey restaurant and having been to Maze and Gordon Ramsey at Claridges previously we had high hopes for a good meal. The ambience is nice, very New York but the food and service were disappointing. They got our starters mixed up and we had to wait for one to arrive by which time others had already finished- starters were good though. We all had the short rib burger which was decent but very heavy and rich - the brioche bun and the sirracha mayonnaise masked the taste of the patty. Overall at about £32 per head not good value considering we didn't have deserts or drinks.Special Features:
- ConsistentDiner24Dined on 16/10/2014I frequently meet people here for a pre-work breakfast and it never fails to deliver. Once again did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mash potatoLovetodineDined on 11/10/2014Great place to go; service is good, good is delicious and the atmosphere is welcoming. Mash potato incredibly nice and creamy, ceviche very disappointing and white wine gave us three a terrible headache the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Bread Street is our favorite restaurant in London! We eat there every time and we are always blown away. If you are planning a trip to London be sure to book a reservation at Bread Street. Be sure to book early because they are always packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDoctorbecDined on 10/10/2014Great food. Fantastic service. Good atmosphere. Food was good value but a shame about the compulsary 12.5% service charge AND a cover charge per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star experienceIOnceHadAndouilletteDined on 10/10/2014I do have to begin with the only flaw, the first thing we noticed upon arrival to our booked table was the noise. Loud music combined with a lot of guests equals trouble to talk around the table and/or with the staff. The "industrial" -look and feeling of the restaurant is fantastic, but it does not have a lot of noise-cancelling properties. Adding dividing walls clad with metal "chainmail", as I've seen in my university, would fix this problem to some extent. While going well with the industrial look. That put aside, food, service and overall experience was worth five stars. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends! Extremely priceworthy looking at food quality and size of portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatre mealCountrybumpkins89Dined on 10/10/2014very impressive dining experience, good service, food and choice excellent. will return.Special Features:
- Higher expectationsPhillyfoodie50Dined on 7/10/2014Food overall in London is consistently good, so i expected more of this place. There was nothing wrond with the meal per se, just had highr expectations
- DisappointingJamesJVIPDined on 6/10/2014I've been to Bread Street three or four times since it opened in both big and small groups. It's not Ramsey fine-dining but previously the food has always been good (although the place is always noisy). This time the food really disappointed. Four of the main courses on the menu were unavailable (it was only 8:30pm). We had pork belly which was dry and slow-roasted lamb which was also too dry and was presented badly - just three lumps of meat with a thick sauce. Spiced honey carrots were good. Service average - had to ask for salt and pepper on the table and when they (eventually) brought it the salt cellar had no salt in it. Compared to previous experiences here the food was poor.
- Lovely Sunday lunchTouristDined on 5/10/2014Food was great and value for money (we had lunch the day before at Oblix). But between the starter and main course, service was slow. Kids were hungry. Overall, great place for family and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet for breakfastRamsayfanDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I flew to London to do a Gordon Ramsay restaurant weekend. This was the third of four booked restaurants. The atmosphere of the Bread Street Kitchen is brilliant. When we were leaving, we saw that there was live music about to start. My husband absolutely loved his steak and eggs. My lobster roll was pretty good.Special Features:
- Very goodDavidCuveasDined on 4/10/2014Excelent environment, excelent food, the waitress could be a little more nicer, but it was completely professional. In general, the menu doesn't seem to be extraordinarily expensive, but its not cheap :)Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014the restaurant itself, decor, ambience etc and food was excellent - the service is some of the worst i have ever experienced.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, as expected.JamesDined on 4/10/2014Personally I am a fan of all the Gordon Ramsay restaurants in London, and I really enjoy the Bread Street Kitchen in particular, the food is always great and the atmosphere is much more casual than the maze etc. Perfect for pre/post theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchanteaterDined on 4/10/2014We were looking forward to trying this restaurant. Liked; decor, menu choice, relaxed atmosphere. Not so good; steak and egg breakfast. Some of the order was mixed up. Some guests steaks were not cooked as requested (more rare than medium, although mine was correct). Some steaks were too fatty. I don't mind paying for food of good quality, but, this was not of the standard expected here. A little fat adds to the flavour, but, tough fat is unpleasant and makes for awkward dining. It was therefore a little disappointing. However, I hope this was a one off, as I am willing to give this restaurant another go. I would like to try another dish from the fairly extensive menu. The staff were polite.Special Features:
- servicemackDined on 3/10/2014When i was at BSK in 2013 the service was outstanding and the food exellent. Unfortunately this time the waitress seemed tired and uninspired. The food was ok but not more than that.
- OverpricedDined on 3/10/2014The wine list is ridiculously expensive and the somelier tried to up-sell us from our £30 bracket to a £68 bottle because it was "quite nice". I dont think he actually knew anything about the wine, especially after asking us if we might prefer white with our beef. Adding a cover charge as well as service charge is pushing it - our bill was about £150 for 1 shared starter, 2 mains and a bottle of wine and although the food was nice I think Bread Street Kitchen is overpriced.
- Bread st kitchenStevieVIPDined on 3/10/2014Dined here twice in a week and was delighted both times. Real good place with food to match the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableMichaelDined on 3/10/2014This was my second visit. The first with friends and second with my partner. We both enjoyed our starter and mains. I had the cured meat platter and my partner had the salmon ceviche. Both very nice. For mains I had the pork and fennel sausages with lentils and she had the goosnargh duck breast. Again, both very nice and also quite generous filling portions. The cocktails are great too. The only minor thing worth mentioning is we asked for some more bread and had to ask twice before we actually got it and by the time we did get it the moment had passed really. The bread is lovely though! Cost £113 for 2 people, 2 courses, 1 side, 2 cocktails (1 of them a mocktail) and a small caraffe of wine. Definitely recommend giving it a try.Special Features: