Bread Street Kitchen
10 Bread Street
London, EC4M 9ABNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Bread Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/bread-street/
- Phone: 020 3030 4050
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 11pm (last sitting)
Saturday: 11.30am – 11pm (last sitting)
Sunday: 11.00am - 8pm (last sitting)
Monday to Friday: 10am – 12 midnight
Saturday: 11.30am - 12 midnight
Sunday: 11.00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Modern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erion Karaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating
A word from Bread Street Kitchen
A lively and exciting new restaurant and bar from the team at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and the home to a relaxed dining experience set in a large warehouse style space, drawing inspiration from the East London aesthetic that surrounds it. At the heart of the Bread Street Kitchen offering is an informal approach to dining. Guests can meet, eat and drink from early morning until late at night. Underpinned by great service and a menu that includes a raw bar, a wood burning oven and dishes from the lively open kitchen. Guests will also be able to take in the incredible wine balcony which will stretch along the walls of the kitchen holding no less than 2000 bottles of wine. Open from breakfast the all day restaurant offers an extensive wine and bespoke cocktail list alongside a seasonal menu. Diners can enjoy a lazy sit down over a cider braised pork collar and king crab cocktail or grab a quick ceviche of salmon with grapefruit, jalapeño lime and coriander at the more relaxed Raw Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bread Street Kitchen - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Bread Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
1046 reviews since 24 November 2013
business meals (516)special occasions (382)fit for foodies (302)group bookings (276)brunch (263)sunday lunch (185)romance (178)pre/post theatre (94)child friendly (87)outstanding value (64)good vegetarian options (48)afternoon tea (38)disabled access (38)outdoor eating (24)Show More
- Perfect lunchAurisDined on 22/11/2014We had a pre-theater lunch experience. It was really delicious meal served with a nice service. Plus cozy and interesting interior - next time we will try it for a dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great work lunchfrenchVIPDined on 19/11/2014very busy with suits but service and food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, superb service with fantastic ambienceTokyoGirlDined on 16/11/2014First visit and we all absolutely loved it. The service was excellent from the start and continued throughout. Food was lovely (although veggie options could be extended perhaps?) but everything ordered was superb, looked amazing and tasted delicious. Great wine, lovely ambience - friendly and busy - perfect. The live music was a tad too loud but we asked for it to be turned down a bit and it was - much better. Very impressed overall and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely bad service!!car1980Dined on 15/11/2014Food was amazing unfortunately the service was the worst we have had in a very long time! From the starters taking a long time to arrive. We ordered a second bottle of wine which never arrived. Glasses were taken from the table without staff asking if we were finished or if indeed we wanted another. It's a shame as I have been before and the whole experience was very different.
- Amazing lunch, outstanding food, design & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 15/11/2014We had amazing lunch with famous Gordon Ramsay's burgers which very yammi yammi which bring us in paradise.... So tasty!!!! Start to be fans of G. Ramsay group. Staff are polite and frendly. Thanks for amazing food experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Test Dinner for a coming eventThomasDDined on 14/11/2014This dinner was a test for a big event coming up next year, and both staff, restaurant and food passed all the tests. We will be back for sure. Sublime food, very warm and personal staff, that would do their absolute best to give you a wonderful visit. Menu had good variation. And specially the desserts were enjoyed and talked about at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 14/11/2014Food (scallops and pork belly) wasn't cooked as well as the last time I was there but the pudding made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good But Poor Service and 3x Incorrect BillsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 14/11/2014I have enjoyed eating in all of GRH restaurants in London on numerous occasions and most in the US but I may just have lost my 'brand loyalty' Food was very good but when we received our bill we had been charged 8x cover charges when there were only 4 of us eating and the bill also contained around £60 drinks that were not ours. I marked the bill with the incorrect items and asked for it to be corrected. When the bill came back the waiter said that he had reduced it to 5x covers!!! and had removed the incorrect drinks. However half of the drinks were still on the bill, and after checking there were still only 4 of us! I asked for the bill to be corrected again and when it came back it appeared OK so I paid it. When I checked the next morning it still actually had 1 drink on it that wasn't ours (I had been drinking!) Although the staff apologised I got the distinct impression that it wasn't a one off occurrence An enjoyable evening spoilt by a charging 'error' - I hope the customers/staff who had £60 of free drinks enjoyed themselves more than we did Won't be back! - why would we with the huge number of London restaurants that clearly have much better customer service
- Lunch in LondonmartinaDined on 14/11/2014Bread Street Kitchen offers great main courses and some wonderfull desserts for lunch out in the St. Pauls are of London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent venue.food4meVIPDined on 13/11/2014An excellent venue with a menu that combines good food, reasonably priced and not too complex. I will return and try breakfast which I am told is excellent too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NightCashMonzDined on 11/11/2014I took a client here for dinner to talk business and it was great. Lovely food, good music and impressive interior design - very coolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whats happened to the service....JJTTDined on 11/11/2014Seems I am not the only one to notice the staff are not around & also do not notice you staring at them & trying to wave discreetly when they are. I was there hosting a business meal & only drinking water but after my first glass it took me more than 20mins to get the attention of a server to top up my glass. Food was slow to arrive & I think my burger sat on the side getting cold whilst my guests lamb chops were being cooked, we had been there nearly 45mins by then so I did not have time to send it back. Finally to top it off for me 2 mint teas & one espresso, again cold so must of sat on the side while tea was made. Not sure when I will chance my luck there again especially as there are now so many other great restaurants around St Pauls.Special Features:
- We loved the food but the service was very poor.pmggoncalvesDined on 8/11/2014We loved the food but the service was very poor. It took 1h30m to bring us the main dishes and we found a couple of fishbone in the codfish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food, slightly expensivefoodieDined on 8/11/2014I was very impressed with this restaurant, the food was incredible and the service was good. I think though it is slightly overpriced by 10 - 20% which will be because of the Gordon Ramsey name. Overall I would highly recommend this place for a special meal.Special Features:
- Decent spot for a Friday night mealjessrempsDined on 7/11/2014Went here on Friday evening with a group of friends. Restaurant interior was nice and bustling, and the atmosphere was fun (if loud at times). Starters were good (beef brisket), and we found the mains/sides a bit hit and miss (though I highly recommend the mac & cheese - and I know my mac & cheese...). I was excited about ordering dessert, and waited... and waited... and waited for a full 15 minutes for the server to come take our dessert orders, which never happened. So finally we flagged her down for the bill and left. Overall a good experience but perhaps she should have had a smaller section to ensure better service?Special Features:
- BreakfastCakeforbreakfastDined on 7/11/2014The staff were warm and friendly, even though we were their first customers of the day! Beautiful food, especially the fresh pastries, absolutely delicious! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for businessBoarDined on 6/11/2014Slick and enough surprise to be a good choice for a business meal without the food/restaurant taking over.Special Features:
- Inattentive serviceLondonEC1Dined on 6/11/2014I took my boss for a business lunch - despite the obvious need for brisk service, the waiting staff could repeatedly not be found - ordering food, drinks and paying the bill were all slowed down excessively due to lack of presence. For a restaurant in the centre of the City this wasn't good enough. Otherwise food was good and it appeared quickly once the order was placed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Get rid of service charge and give staff the tips, service will improve.Special Features:
- Never againVisiting14Dined on 4/11/2014The staff were less than friendly...very patronizing. Wanted to take our order right after we were seated, no time to look over menu. Asked for a few minutes which became 20 before she returned. Could not grasp the concept of sharing a meal.
- breakfast in the the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014Met an associate for breakfast and it was busy but not too loud. We are both fussy eaters (no gluten, egg whites) and our waiter couldn't have been more accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodDinnerDined on 3/11/2014The service was good on delivery of food, however, I did have to ask for some bread and for the water to be left on the table. There was no salt and pepper on the table and the pasta was just warm, otherwise the attention by staff was excellent. My biggest issue, however, was being charged £1 for something I knew nothing about plus cover charge AND service charge. I think that this is an unacceptable way of topping up the bill. I appreciate this restaurant caters for a lot of tourists and they can get away with it with them but charging all this to the business community who are a constant is not on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday weekend brunchPoyseraDined on 2/11/2014We attended for brunch on Sunday, service was brilliant food came quick and it tasted amazing, we also had dessert which was even more amazing! Best sundae I've had! It was pricey, £65 for 2 English breakfast 2 dessert and a drink each, they do add a cover charge and 12.5% service which I think is a bit ridiculous having both, I don't particularly get what the cover charge is for beside gaining more money, I would visit again and I would recommend it but I was unhappy with the extras added onSpecial Features:
- Family from SwedenSwedesDined on 1/11/2014We were very satisfied with our visit at Bread Street Kitchen. The food were superb and the service excellent. I guess we will be back next time we visit London!Special Features:
- Fantastic anniversary meal!Jem79Dined on 1/11/2014My boyfriend and I chose Bread Street Kitchen for our anniversary meal and it didn't disappoint. The atmosphere and food were great, the service was fantastic and they even surprised us with an anniversary dessert and two glasses of fizz! We had a fabulous evening and will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceMatelskerDined on 1/11/2014Good food, great service, we arrived a bit early, for drinks at the bar, But Our table was ready so we decided to eat right away. The waitstaff were really Nice and proffesional. The recommended wines were spot on, and the Food was great. I would really recommend this restaurant to all of my friends who are going to London thi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrendyRizziahDined on 1/11/2014I was looking for a trendy place to enjoy a lovely meal with a friend I hadn't met in over a year. I was a bit concerned that there was a time limit on our table-1.5hrs to catch up on almost everything, luckily they didn't throw us out - even though it was quite busy AND a Saturday! Very friendly staff Super location, so you can visit the Millennium Bridge and St. Paul's too! It wasn't super value for money, but it didn't break the bank. Also, my friend is a vegetarian and didn't have any choice really- there was only 1 main meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 good & 1 badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 31/10/20144th time here and most disappointing. 3 good meals ie burgers ( they were great). Surf and turf was awful. Skinny steak sent back as overl-cooked, tiniest piece of crab. One good wine and one to be avoided (macon loche). Staff were very good and quick. 1st time we came here was when it had just opened and the head chef was super, came out and spoke to people and food was super. Not in a hurry to go back again.Special Features:
- regular visitor to Bread Street KitchenchayaDined on 31/10/2014This was my fourth or fifth visit to Bread Street. Great food, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. It's always a good experience and would definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great Buzz!!!!!IrishFoodiesDined on 30/10/2014We were in London for a few days and wanted to do a few good restaurants, so I check out the menu before booking and we were happy with the choice. Nice menu, great value and easy to book a table through the website. When we arrived our table was ready and the buzz was just amazing. This place is certainly successful. the staff were excellent. the food was excellent and the atmosphere was fantastic. 2 adults, 2 kids, and the best juiciest burger ever, succulent chicken, great chips, and OMG the chocolate fondant was worth the wait, the waiter said 10-15 minutes for it and it arrived on minute 13. excellent. Have to say I'd be very happy to recommend this restaurant and I will definitely return on our next trip to London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nuff saidRabbatimDined on 30/10/2014Excellent ! Perfection ! Insainly good food ! Nuff said !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperJohnyGDined on 29/10/2014Lovely food and very attentive service. Went on a Wednesday night and had a great atmosphere. The tables have been designed well so you don't feel too close to the other diners. SuperSpecial Features:
- DownhillEjazDined on 28/10/2014Not as good as it was. Food uninspiring and service haphazard. Overall expensive for what is offered.Special Features:
- Great service and foodAndyWBDined on 28/10/2014We visited during a short break in London. We were on a bit of a tight schedule, but it was nothing too pressing. We ordered and the help from the Sommellier on choosing a white wine was great. We ordered mains and sat back and chatted. We didn't noticed it took a little bit for meals to arrive, as it was no problem. The food was great and we really enjoyed it all. The waitress asked if we could wait five minutes so they could apologise for the delay. It wasn't too log anyway though! They then delivered a desert platter for us. What a great service from the restaurant and in particular our waitress. She was great and I would have given a great review even wthout the desert platter. Thank you, we will be back when next in London.Special Features:
- Left with a bad taste in my mouth!DisappointedDined on 26/10/2014Food, ambiance, location all great. Portions were filling and beautiful. Staff - Diabolical. What should have been a thoroughly enjoyable evening with friends was spoilt by our rude and unprofessional waitress. Despite several items being off the menu, she struggled then to input the items into the iPad/tablet, requiring us to tell her again. Inbetween courses we were left unattended for 35 minutes before we then asked for a dessert menu, followed by a further 20 minute wait for her to come back. IT WASNT BUSY??? The bill arrived to find items added to the bill we didn't order - it took 4 attempts for her to get the bill correct. We removed the 12.5% tip. Won't go back or recommend until Gordan apologies!!!Special Features:
- Great foodJaymesDined on 26/10/2014The food was very nice and looked amazing but I understand the need to cook fresh but 50 minutes between starters and main course is a long wait. Apart from that fact it is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good qualityMarcellaDined on 26/10/2014The quality of ingredients was obvious and my starter of crispy duck salad was fabulous, for a non salad eater that is saying something. However, my veggie friend was disappointed with her main course which was somewhat dry and crisp cannelloni . Live music on Sunday was great and added to the atmosphere. Service was a little slow and at time we felt we had been forgotten but overall we still had a great time.Special Features:
- Quite expensive but great food.londonluluDined on 25/10/2014Service was a little slow, and they forgot a few of our side dishes/wine etc. but atmosphere relaxed, nice music. Food was really tasty. Bill ended up being quite expensive but we did have a couple of bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Great eveningLuvmyfoodDined on 25/10/2014The occasion was my son's 30th and he wanted to try a Ramsey restaurant. Everything was excellent from the venue to the staff to the food!! We will definitely have to go again. The evening we were there they were doing 'street food' downstairs in a very casual environment…. must try that too!Special Features:
- Bread Street KitchenGeo18Dined on 25/10/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and food, highly recommend this restraurant, dress code fairly relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.