Bread Street Kitchen
10 Bread Street
London, EC4M 9ABNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Bread Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/bread-street/
- Phone: 02030304050x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 11pm (last sitting)
Saturday: 11.30am – 11pm (last sitting)
Sunday: 11.00am - 8pm (last sitting)
Monday to Friday: 10am – 12 midnight
Saturday: 11.30am - 12 midnight
Sunday: 11.00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Modern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erion Karaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating
A word from Bread Street Kitchen
A lively and exciting new restaurant and bar from the team at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and the home to a relaxed dining experience set in a large warehouse style space, drawing inspiration from the East London aesthetic that surrounds it. At the heart of the Bread Street Kitchen offering is an informal approach to dining. Guests can meet, eat and drink from early morning until late at night. Underpinned by great service and a menu that includes a raw bar, a wood burning oven and dishes from the lively open kitchen. Guests will also be able to take in the incredible wine balcony which will stretch along the walls of the kitchen holding no less than 2000 bottles of wine. Open from breakfast the all day restaurant offers an extensive wine and bespoke cocktail list alongside a seasonal menu. Diners can enjoy a lazy sit down over a cider braised pork collar and king crab cocktail or grab a quick ceviche of salmon with grapefruit, jalapeño lime and coriander at the more relaxed Raw Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bread Street Kitchen - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Bread Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
1032 reviews since 3 June 2014
business meals (526)special occasions (377)fit for foodies (300)group bookings (279)brunch (257)sunday lunch (189)romance (178)pre/post theatre (95)child friendly (82)outstanding value (55)good vegetarian options (50)afternoon tea (40)disabled access (37)outdoor eating (25)Show More
- Typical London ExperienceFloyd1973Dined on 27/9/2014A great place for a special occasion where you want to impress a special person. Relaxed and informal but you know you are in a top class restaurant. Staff are pleasant and attentive without the fuss. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Great place with a relaxed feel. Food was high quality with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilleDined on 27/9/2014Great food bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ridicolous rule bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
- Very solid dining experience.CanadianFoodieDined on 27/9/2014We are visiting from Canada and wanted to try a Ramseys restaurant. The service and knowledge of the staff/servers was excellent. Service speed and attention to customers was also excellent. Appetizers/starters were exceptional - loved the scallops! Main course dishes were prepared perfectly. We were expecting the menu to be more complicated but menu was more simple dishes with enough flair to make them upscale. Was a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Bread St KitchenorganiserDined on 26/9/2014Went with a group of friends, everyone enjoyed themselves and rated the menu highly - an excellent choice of meals. Atmosphere was good, design of the restaurant was unusual, but funky. enjoyed ourselves and would come back again.Special Features:
- Bread St KitchenStevieVIPDined on 26/9/2014First time and won't be the last. Everything you would expect from Mr Ramsay. Nailed the venue, the food, the service and the ambience.Special Features:
- Team breakfastEvaMDined on 26/9/2014Had team breakfast and was not as as good as expected (or prev visit). Tea was not hot enough, none of the 4 separate pots we ordered since only one small cup size in each! Food options were good though my colleague would have preferred to have the option of smoked / unsmoked bacon. Huge bowl of yoghurt came with tiny pot of granola. Little but important things. Previous visit everything just seemed better, whereas this time it did not meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot in the citySF33Dined on 24/9/2014A good spot to eat in the city; though very busy at lunch times. great for Sunday lunch with family! the menu could do with a bit of a shake up, but still one of the city's continually good spots to eat.Special Features:
- Best food around St Paul'sILChineseVIPDined on 23/9/2014Creative light menu with a wide choice of fish and other types of seafood, perfectly executed. Gets very busy which sometimes results in slower service.Special Features:
- I wonder what Gordon would sayAnonymousDined on 23/9/2014This was a business lunch and I was hoping to impress with my choice of restaurant. Our party of 7 were placed in direct sunlight (no blinds) by the window and I had to ask for butter with the bread twice and it took 20 minutes to arrive. I had to call the waitress to take our food order as nobody was paying us any attention at all. The food was average and my fish carpaccio starter was awful, stringy and too thick in places swimming in liquid with tasteless green dollops. My duck salad for main was no better, too much sticky sauce and hardly any green leaves. The waitress did not smile once and never asked if everything was ok. It just shows Gordon's name above the door means nothing, poor value for money at £47 per head without wine.
- Fabulous and freshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2014The food was great. Perfectly cooked, tasted fabulous and fresh. Everything was served hot and perfectly seasoned. Only issue was the seat. It was next to a corner seat and I kept having to move my chair over for the wait staff to serve the corner table. They made every effort to not hit my chair which was appreciated. I would have preferred they move the tables further apart as there was plenty of room... Or they could have sat us at a different table. There was plenty of space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bread street could be great!MissfoodieDined on 23/9/2014I am a fan of bread street kitchen having dined for breakfast lunch and dinner. Mainly for business due to proximity to my office however the food is really good. The servce needs improvement and is too slow and disjointed which problematic in a group. A set menu would attract more business users but overall I do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegag13Dined on 20/9/2014The food was great and excellent value for the main size with affordable wine. The service was average and the ambience was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/9/2014Very nice meal. Our party had burgers sausages and fish. All well presented and cooked well. Warm peach pudding especially nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 19/9/2014Being a Gordon Ramsay restaurant I was expecting so much more. The food was bad and the bill was shocking. Not worth it.Special Features:
- Good food however not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 19/9/2014Great food and service however it is definitely not cheap...surprised that a glass of Chardonnay was £16.50, cheaper to drink champagne. Love the building and ambience so would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodClareDVIPDined on 19/9/2014Great food. Atmosphere buzzy so can be a litle noisy but worth a visit.Special Features:
- DiegoatigraDined on 18/9/2014All perfect, from the service to the food. We eat very good, it's the third time here. And will be there again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/9/2014The Alibi cocktail was amazing. We then sat for dinner, sommelier was great recommending a lovely bottle of red wine. We both had the lamb neck which was great, the portion was large. Sides of mash potato and vegetables. The dessert however was the only disappointment, the sticky toffee budding was more like a hard cold cake, which I did not like at all. It was overall £70 a head for two people and if I'm spending that much again I would probably go elsewhere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall!IrmsDKDined on 18/9/2014Great food, great service and great atmosphere! We were a group of seven people on our way to the theatre, and it was great that we could stop by for a quick meal. And the food was outstanding, so was the wine and the service was impecable. We never needed to ask for anything, the waiters were there already. And they were very polite. The interior of the restaurant was really cool! I will defenitely come back on my next trip to London.Special Features:
- Fantastic service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/9/2014Good value for money, friendly staff and management. The sommelier was outstanding too. We wanted to change the table as the first one was too close to the kitchen. 2 minutes later they offered us a table at the window! As I am from abroad, I believe this is rather uncommon in a trendy London Restaurant. Thanks for a fantastic evening at Bread Street Restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodLuvas2xDined on 17/9/2014Great restaurant! The food is delicious...a little bit price though....not an every day place to go but very good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Shame about the ServiceRustyDined on 14/9/2014Had a table booked for 10 people in September in Bread Street Kitchen. Other than sitting a little too close to the band that were playing, which meant having to talk quite loudly, for the most part this meal was good. The food was very good and can't fault anything that we were served on that day. The bit that let the meal down was the service. We waiting for long periods of time for orders to be taken, drinks to be served, desserts to be offered, etc. This for a restaurant that was only half full seems a little odd. One of our drinks we had to ask for 3 times before arrived and this was after all the other drinks had been delivered, horseradish seemed a problem to find and 30 min waits between courses was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mark87Dined on 13/9/2014I thought the food was very poor for a gordon Ramsey restaurant. I have breen to maze aswell which was excellent. Gordon should take a look at this restaurant instead of making tv programmes about the state of other peoples
- Great placeMrsBDined on 13/9/2014Delicious food. Scallops and lobster in particular. Efficient service. Lovely atmosphere and decor. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high end casualrmonesDined on 13/9/2014Gordon Ramsay has a restaurant for every occasion but the common element is quality and service. Bread Street Kitchen is a casual restaurant with a sophisticated menu in a hip industrial like space. Great food and great service. Soup and salad were fresh and delicious. Carpaccio was superb. Our server was efficient, professional, and attentive. This was not my first visit and will not be the last.Special Features:
- fantastic restaurantcrazygunnerDined on 12/9/2014Its a must for foodies, great place ! ***** Highly rrecommended Fantastic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pity about the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Your let down is the service. Drinks take too long to arrive, there does not seem to be any communication between your staff. I ordered a drink, waited 10 minutes just to be asked what I would like to drink again - when I repeat my order the waiter goes "oh yeah, I see that now, have you not received that yet?" - yeah sure, I hid it under the table! Food outstanding, nice selection on the menu, there is something for all tastes.Special Features:
- Great Food - quite priceyeplauVIPDined on 7/9/2014lovely fish, ambiance was a bit lacking, but city on the weekend I guess is. Good service and lovely view though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceAdam86Dined on 6/9/2014Attended the restaurant on a Saturday night and it was lively with a very good atmosphere. The service was also excellent. Would have given an even better review had we been sat deeper in the restaurant. It felt a bit as though we were out on a limb closer to the entrance whereas it seemed better the further in you are seated. That would be my only complaint, otherwise I couldn't fault it and would definitely visit again. I attended with a friend but there were couples and groups so it does cater for all party types.Special Features:
- Dinner with Gordon!sk273Dined on 6/9/2014It's always a good sign when the owner is eating in house and we were pleasantly surprised to see gordon ramsay and his family eating a few tables away from us. Celebrity spotting aside, food was very good from an extensive menu and wine also excellent if somewhat overpriced. The dining room definitely is great for groups or even a cheeky date. My only gripe is the slightly inconsistent service (dishes coming out at different times, the table next to is being told about specials whilst we weren't) and the fact that they charge you £2 per cover? Would go again but maybe not in a rushI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely resturantSam1982Dined on 6/9/2014Great evening, cocktails were great, food amazing and Gordon Ramsey even popped in!Special Features:
- RocoDined on 5/9/2014Great evening on friday night, food and atmosphere were fab, thanks to the staff for being so accomodating .Special Features:
- Good breakfastSale16Dined on 5/9/2014Booked here as somewhere for a breakfast in the City before work. Good atmosphere for breakfast, lively without being loud; smart without being stuffy. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Mediocre dining experiencetheatregoerVIPDined on 4/9/2014Burger was undercooked and took a half hour to replace. All other diners were finished.Special Features:
- Great foodGPMSMITHDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant is good value for money and has a great ambiance. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- What a disappointment...sk4foodVIPDined on 31/8/2014We had really been looking forward to our visit to Bread Street Kitchen and it was a complete disappointment. We were given a good window table and because it was a celebration, ordered champagne. As we sat and looked around the vast, pastiche interior we questioned why the designers had gone this rather cliched 'themed pub' route. When we came to order, the dish I really wanted was unavailable... so why was it on the menu? The alternative I chose, a 'Pizzetta' was unacceptable as In reality it was a pizza, which I could have anywhere! Even my starter, a Salmon Ceviche was rather bland. My partner's plaice was overwhelmed by the way it was cooked and the presentation of all our dishes was really poor. Sadly this was a bad experience.Special Features:
- What a cold and dark experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014We didn't like it. We couldn't read the menu as there was not enough light. The service was very long and the room was cold. The food had nothing to be remembered for. On the other side the staff was very kind and tried to find us a warmer place with more light. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.Special Features:
- 2nd visitLynn29Dined on 29/8/2014Food was all fairly good. Rigatoni appetizer was tasty but way under cooked. Bread served was almost impossible to chew. This is our second visit in a few years. Pretty sure Gordon wouldn't have been thrilled with that night's meal either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and top servicechrissyhDined on 29/8/2014Great place to go for all occasions, reasonable price for the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.