Bread Street Kitchen
10 Bread Street
London, EC4M 9ABNeighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Bread Street Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/bread-street/
- Phone: 02030304050x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 11pm (last sitting)
Saturday: 11.30am – 11pm (last sitting)
Sunday: 11.00am - 8pm (last sitting)
Monday to Friday: 10am – 12 midnight
Saturday: 11.30am - 12 midnight
Sunday: 11.00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Modern European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Erion Karaj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating
A word from Bread Street Kitchen
A lively and exciting new restaurant and bar from the team at Gordon Ramsay restaurants and the home to a relaxed dining experience set in a large warehouse style space, drawing inspiration from the East London aesthetic that surrounds it. At the heart of the Bread Street Kitchen offering is an informal approach to dining. Guests can meet, eat and drink from early morning until late at night. Underpinned by great service and a menu that includes a raw bar, a wood burning oven and dishes from the lively open kitchen. Guests will also be able to take in the incredible wine balcony which will stretch along the walls of the kitchen holding no less than 2000 bottles of wine. Open from breakfast the all day restaurant offers an extensive wine and bespoke cocktail list alongside a seasonal menu. Diners can enjoy a lazy sit down over a cider braised pork collar and king crab cocktail or grab a quick ceviche of salmon with grapefruit, jalapeño lime and coriander at the more relaxed Raw Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bread Street Kitchen - Best restaurants in St Paul's ›
Bread Street Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
1036 reviews since 6 May 2014
business meals (521)special occasions (381)fit for foodies (296)group bookings (281)brunch (262)sunday lunch (190)romance (178)pre/post theatre (97)child friendly (86)outstanding value (58)good vegetarian options (51)afternoon tea (42)disabled access (38)outdoor eating (25)Show More
- What a disappointment...sk4foodVIPDined on 31/8/2014We had really been looking forward to our visit to Bread Street Kitchen and it was a complete disappointment. We were given a good window table and because it was a celebration, ordered champagne. As we sat and looked around the vast, pastiche interior we questioned why the designers had gone this rather cliched 'themed pub' route. When we came to order, the dish I really wanted was unavailable... so why was it on the menu? The alternative I chose, a 'Pizzetta' was unacceptable as In reality it was a pizza, which I could have anywhere! Even my starter, a Salmon Ceviche was rather bland. My partner's plaice was overwhelmed by the way it was cooked and the presentation of all our dishes was really poor. Sadly this was a bad experience.Special Features:
- What a cold and dark experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014We didn't like it. We couldn't read the menu as there was not enough light. The service was very long and the room was cold. The food had nothing to be remembered for. On the other side the staff was very kind and tried to find us a warmer place with more light. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.Special Features:
- 2nd visitLynn29Dined on 29/8/2014Food was all fairly good. Rigatoni appetizer was tasty but way under cooked. Bread served was almost impossible to chew. This is our second visit in a few years. Pretty sure Gordon wouldn't have been thrilled with that night's meal either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and top servicechrissyhDined on 29/8/2014Great place to go for all occasions, reasonable price for the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RupertDined on 29/8/2014Whilst the food and service was great, a 12.5% service charge and a dining cover charge is completely unacceptable and took the gloss off what was otherwise a nice meal.
- Good but...StooferDined on 27/8/2014Went here on a dry run with one client. Was very good. It can be a foodie menu, but there is a burger choice. It can be expensive depending on what you have, but you can get some great cheaper options. So I LOVE the fact there is finally a place with CHOICE. The waiters, when they get hired, have to try all the various foods. So the guy we had, 2 weeks on the job, was excited to tell us his favourites. And he wasn't wrong... Scallops for starter - top notch. bacon and thinly sliced apple. Awesome. Then I had duck breast, excellent. My client didn't pick so well but all in all great. Desert also was perfect. But went there a second time, group of 6, the food was still excellent, BUT WHATS WITH THE FRUIT FLIES. They had an issue hereSpecial Features:
- Expensive and noisy restaurantIBBBVIPDined on 27/8/2014This restaurant is very average. The food is not of the standard that one might expect at a Gordon Ramsay establishment. It is more fast food, and the quality nothing compared to many eateries in the vicinity. The big issue is the noise. For a venue in the business district, the noise levels were terrible and it was difficult to hear your co-diner speak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceDennisDined on 24/8/2014Went for bruch and we were immediately impressed by the overall feel and decor the staff were very professional and courteous the food was excellent well presented and well seasoned the coffee was also excellent on a very small point the portions of butter were not enough to go with the bread would definatley go again overall a great bruch experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what the f have you created here?TheMuffinManDined on 23/8/2014There is little.i can say in praise of this place. waiters who are either untrained or disinterested. food which is poor my.chicken wings were hard and rasteless ald lost in a glutinous mess. my duck salad was a plate of ctess with another amorphous sticky mess of inedible duck meat. finally the bill was outrageous, drinks are so expensive and was the cover charge for those 4 bits of stale btead. gordon you should be ashamed
- Very nice experienceamjanaDined on 23/8/2014A friend of mine highly recommended Bread Street Kitchen and I must say he was really right. Having made online dinner reservations we were well-received. We are a family of two adults and three children and we were well looked after. The staff was very friendly and professional and the food was delicious, from starter to dessert. The restaurant has a beautiful setting and a great buzz and atmosphere. It is a place to come back to!Special Features:
- 22/8/2014ShelDined on 22/8/2014Fab food, no steak available though ! Great service, it was for a friends birthday so they also provided a free dessert with candle and plated chocolate messageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!DTownDined on 22/8/2014As a business lunch, this place is superb. Great service and the food on offer is at a really high standard. The atmosphere is lively classy (a bit like the Wolseley). The brunch menu looks great, will be trying this next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but rip off with hidden extraswoolfnDined on 21/8/2014When I go to a Ramsay restaurant I already know I'll be paying through the nose. I also know service will be slick food will be good. Fair enough so far. However to see a £2 cover charger per person, plus 2.50 for bottled water and then add an "optional" 12.5% service charge has me leaving the place thinking about the rip off prices, rather than the dining experience.Special Features:
- LeaashDined on 19/8/2014The food was good however the service was very slow not very good for a business lunch as 2 course took exactly 2 hoursSpecial Features:
- Would recommend for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/8/2014I took a client to The bread Street Kitchen for a lunch appointment. The restaurant ambience was great. The service was superb and attentive. The choice and quality of the food was also very good. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- good for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/8/2014Nothing particularly impressive, no reason to fall off one's chair but decent and constant good foodSpecial Features:
- Fun onceRoxygrl2002Dined on 15/8/2014Good to experience once... We weren't happy with the cover charge of £2/person plus 12.5% gratuity (didn't really understand why the cover charge?) and £8 fee for water which clearly came out of a tap after we were asked if we wanted water. Food was good, but not many vegetarian options for part of our party who felt that for the value, it wasn't really worth the vegetarian dishes available. Felt that something like duck (for the non-veggies) was too expensive at £25. Staff were really nice. Loved the vibe/decor of the place. Would return just to visit downstairs bar as the location was great and it was a beautiful bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, comfort foodKN2014Dined on 15/8/2014Went here for a team lunch on Friday. Burgers went down well with colleagues. Grey mullet also tasty. Attitude of the (very rushed) serving staff was not always as we would expect - snapping at a colleague who requested bread - but improved as the meal went on. Chocolate fondant is a definite favourite. The restaurant is very busy at lunchtimes and can be extremely noisy, so probably not the place if you want to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good variety for groupsEllieDDined on 15/8/2014Nice informal atmosphere. A lot of work groups during the week. I'd definitely come back...Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, average foodThirdCultureFoodieDined on 14/8/2014The best thing about this restaurant was the ambiance. I liked the exposed brick, high ceilings, and dim lights. The tables are also very spread out, giving you and your party a lot of privacy. It was not very noisy upstairs in the main restaurant either. The food was good, but for a Gordon Ramsay restaurant I would have expected better. It was also slightly pricey for the average food (around £50 per head with appetizer, main meal and wine). It wasn't spectacular but I would still recommend this restaurant for a nice dinner with friends. Another note: The servers were nice and attentive, but no one welcomes you to your table from downstairs. The card machine also broke during our visit, which was very inconvenient.Special Features:
- Another Jamie Oliver successfood4meVIPDined on 14/8/2014Our first visit. Tables rather close and alot of ambient noise but the food was good and the service very attentive. A particularly good restaurant for business lunches not a special occasion option. Worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRDWRDined on 12/8/2014Having enjoyed various 'top' restaurants in London this is the best - the quality of the food is as you would expect (excellent) and the service was superb (attentive but not over the top, excellent timing) therefore making this my new favourite venue. Starters are slightly more expensive than expected but the mains were good value. Six adults with starters, mains, coffees and two bottles of wine worked out at c£60 per head which for the standards I thought was spot on. Only two criticisms - firstly there was an additional £2 per person to eat in the evening on top of the service charge (why - just irritating) and two, the wine list was almost too extensive with limited choices at the medium/bottom end of pricing. Overall, excellentSpecial Features:
- PMPeteMVIPDined on 12/8/2014Main course took an age to arrive as did drinks. The drinks waitress was delivering the right drinks to the wrong tables throughout. I had the pork belly - previously it has been top notch, this time it was quite average.Special Features:
- MaWiMaWiDined on 11/8/2014Good venue and food but on the pricey side. Had mixture of starters (salmon ceviche and duck salad) and maccaroni and cheese - very nice and would recommend to try it.Special Features:
- ScallopVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very slow service (we went at lunchtime). Smallish portions. Spacious contemporary interior with plenty of light.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect start of a lazy SundaySimoneandBasDined on 10/8/2014A perfect start of a lazy brunch on Sunday. Loved the sparkling appetising treat from Kent and the well prepared dishes. Music, friendly staff and good atmosphere added to the experience. Cheers!Special Features:
- Absolutely specialGoodgrubforallDined on 10/8/2014A great experience awaits you at BSK. Excellent service from the second you arrive and the best food in town!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD AS ALWAYSNICKCDined on 9/8/2014Another very good meal at this fun restaurant. Food is of a very good standard, prawns and chicken wings to start were great followed by excellent burger. Only slight criticism is that despite prices seeming cheap, end bill is always quite pricey - £60 per head even with £12 main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchNatBVIPDined on 8/8/2014Good solid restaurant, dependable, good quality food, unlikely to disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bit dissapointingTobyMDined on 6/8/2014Arrived at 8pm and we were struck with how loud the room was. We had trouble hearing each other. And the food took a very long time. They forgot our main courses, when we asked the waiter he went to check and a 'manager' came to speak to us but and despite apologising profusely, didn't offer any kind of discount or refund which would have been the right thing to do. It was so late by the time we finished our mains that we didn't have time to eat desert... Don't think we'll be visiting this restaurant again...
- Nice relaxed lunchmelarina12Dined on 5/8/2014We really enjoyed our lunch here. The atmosphere was really was lovely - very relaxed and easy going. The décor adds to this with light, airy and very stylish surroundings. I would recommend this for business or pleasureSpecial Features:
- Delicious gluten-free menu availablGlutenfreegirlDined on 2/8/2014Went to this restaurant with friends for my husbands 40th. When booking, I advised that I was coeliac, and also that it was a birthday celebration. Upon arrival we were all impressed with the decor and we had a lovely table by the window. I was given my own gluten free menu, which was a lovely surprise & gave me confidence in ordering, knowing that I was properly catered for - even my own gf bread! Without being asked, my husbands pudding came decorated with birthday wishes, which was a nice touch. All the food was delicious and the service was friendly. I will definitely I rely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedBenmDined on 2/8/2014We had some friends visiting from Luxembourg and hong kong and wanted to disprove the myth that English food is bland and boring and thought Bread Street would do this. However, the food was too salty and didn't excite like I expected from a restaurant owned by Gordon Ramsey. Also, our waitress gave such a cold face and was very pushy for us to order and not patient at all. When I asked her how she would recommend the signature burger, her response was - we only do medium and well done! Interesting to see that gordon Ramsey on his shows is very critical of poor service, yet in his own restaurant doesn't do anything about it! Overall, I was highly disappointed with my experience and won't be going back.
- Bread Street LunchFoodieDined on 1/8/2014Good food, crowded, loud and decent service. Not the best place for romantic dinners but solid food at standard prices.Special Features:
- Pre-work breakfastDiner24Dined on 31/7/2014This is an excellent place to come for a pre work breakfast. The eggs Benedict was a excellent as always, and the service was efficient. I never have any concerns about rushing off for work if I am having breakfast here because I know they're efficient and understand that for a weekday breakfast at 8:15. Most people need a reasonably efficient turn around.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceNicolettaDined on 30/7/2014I decided to give my daughter a special gift for her 13th birthday, and that experience was one of the best she ever had. We are from Italy, and I made our reservation online. We arrived at the Bread Street Kitchen more than one hour before the right time and everyone was really kind and helpful. The menu was great and we had a superb dinner. Service and atmosphere were great. Just one thing, due to the architecture of the restaurant, music seems to resound a little bit too much, but this is absolutely secondary.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, but food not greatJohnersDined on 30/7/2014Had high expectations for this having been to Jamie Olivers restaurant Barbacoa, which was superb. The restaurant itself is very nice, with pleasant decor and a good ambience. However the food was pretty awful if truth be known. The use of salt is taken to an extreme, and I felt like I was eating onboard an 18th Century merchant ship. The scallops were perfectly cooked, but all I could taste was salt. The Lamb, and sides, were again drowned in salt. The waitress did feed this back and the chef acknowledged the issue. But essentially a reasonably expensive meal ruined. My tip if you go there, request on ordering that you want less salt, and I am sure you will have a great mealSpecial Features:
- Very bad steakNotHappyBunnyDined on 30/7/2014Unfortunately, this time I had a very badly cooked steak. Too chewy and overcooked. When I told waiter about it, he promised to tell the manager about it but when the bill came out it was still there for the full price. I've been there many times before and never have had such poor experience (especially for the price you pay).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 29/7/2014I object to paying a cover charge but otherwise it was a very nice evening. It's a great setting and the food and service was lovely and the bill was just the wrong side of good value without being offensive.....exactly as expected.Special Features:
- Enjoyable BrunchKhooboyDined on 27/7/2014We had a great experience with our 3 kids at the Bread Street Kitchen. The atmosphere, good and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.