43-45 Baker Street
London, W1U 8EWNeighbourhood:
ChinesePrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lifefashiongroup.com/home.html
- Phone: 02074866998x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 11am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Chinese, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Our glass-roofed Courtyard Lounge can accommodate 200 seated or 250 standing, it is an ideal venue to accommodate formal banquets or canapé receptions. Menus can be tailored to individual requirements and range from healthy dim sum to the best Shanghai cuisine.
A word from Bright Courtyard
Welcome to Bright Courtyard. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bright Courtyard reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since 25 October 2013
business meals (37)special occasions (29)fit for foodies (25)romance (13)group bookings (13)good vegetarian options (11)sunday lunch (9)outstanding value (6)brunch (6)child friendly (5)pre/post theatre (4)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (2)disabled access (2)Show More
- Great serviceFoodie79Dined on 22/10/2014We took a party of 5 to the restaurant for an evening. Even though this was at one of their busier times the service was exceptional. The food is very good and we will definitely be returning to this restaurant again. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- 5 star service and delicious foodSamuelDined on 13/9/2014Myself and my wife had the dinner there to celebrate her birthday. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent service the good is of good quality and delicious.Special Features:
- good food but disappointing serviceECLondonDined on 26/7/2014We made a reservation for a party of 5. Disappointingly we were allocated a long table instead of a round table which would have been much more conducive for conversation over dinner. When we stated our preference, we were simply told that there was no alternative and all other tables were reserved (just as we have made our reservation prior). The service during the evening can be described as uneven. The level of attentiveness varied and was mostly sporadic. I should mention though that the food was good and authentic. However, a restaurant of such level of sophistication (and price), I should expect a slicker and more accommodating service.
- Excellent dim sumCG2013Dined on 19/7/2014A really good place to have dim sum as it is centrally located and can be booked online.Special Features:
- Awful food and terrible servicebrawstorneVIPDined on 18/6/2014Booked the deal to try it out with a friend. It's quite smart inside and they showed us to the table with many menu's but not the deal. When we showed them the E-mail they produced it and then asked what drink we wanted? (there was one as part of the deal) and they finally agreed. The menu was very confusing and showed 3 courses but the deal was for 4? when we asked they said the 4th was the rice dish by one waiter then changed by the manager. The food was greasy and frankly got better at my local Chinese!!!. The bill then arrived and they charged extra for the drinks, When we questioned it they apologised but still expected a service charge to be paid. Really not a pleasant experience and will never go back.Special Features:
- Best amongst bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/6/2014This was my second visit to the restaurant and again I thoroughly enjoyed having dinner. The level of service is amazing and everyone is most polite. I just want to thank everyone, there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosossssssyyDined on 8/6/2014so so... have no idea with the food and service, as a Cantonese, i do not like the food really. I do not understand the reason that all artists come to this restaurant...
- Our Regular Sunday Lunch SpotSheilaDined on 26/5/2014Bright open restaurant. Saw a large family who'd ordered lobster noodles for 8 and was told that if we were interested they could do it for three, and just use a smaller lobster - which we will def do next time. Really lovely staff and they are child friendly - relaxed when kid drops things, sensitive when told about allergies. Though the restaurant was busy, food was still pretty quick, quickest items coming within ten minutes. My favourite from this visit was the sui mai with scallops.Special Features:
- Great but expensive ChineseAyeshaVIPDined on 25/5/2014I love the food here. The ingredients are really fresh and the dishes full of flavour. The XO prawns are not to be missed. I have read negative reviews regarding the service but have always found it friendly and attentive. I just wish the prices were a little lower.Special Features:
- NEVER AGAIN...TheOracleDined on 19/5/2014Strange place. Very good food. Knowledgeable waiter. Criminally rude management. We were asked to leave at 11.30pm after they gave us a 10.00 pm reservation. Turbot and fillet main course was arriving when we asked for a second bottle of Sancerre. Told that we could not be served wine/or any other refreshments because this would prolong our ( approx. 285 GBP ) dinner for two. Paid and left ASAP. Truly unforgettable experience. These people need medical help. STAY AWAY. Thank you.
- Service standards dropping?CT01Dined on 29/3/2014I have been a frequent diner at Bright Courtyard for the last couple of years, always had a great experience apart from the last time we went to dinner where we had to wait an hour for our mains. This time we went for Dim Sum, food was very good, thouh you would expect this as the prices are above avergae. The service was not up to the usual standard, having to wave waiters down to get more tea etc...waiters were just lacking awareness.Special Features:
- Hugely enjoyable evening forGCfriendsDined on 20/3/2014Hugely enjoyable evening for our small party. Excellent food in a very pleasant ambiance, the experience enhanced by professional and very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dim SumsimplesimonDined on 18/3/2014Have been here for Dim Sum a number of times & find quality to be far better & more consistent than Royal China Club across the street or nearby Phoenix Palace. Prices reasonable for this level of restaurant - we spent £100 for 3 people with 2 bottles of wine, tea & numerous Dim Sum, in modern comfortable surroundings. Service on this occasion was well meaning but rather dippy but still a very pleasant experience. Beware that prices for the regular menu are quite steep but stick to Dim Sum menu & enjoy top quality cooking & ingredients at very reasonable cost. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright Courtyard ExperienceTaddyDined on 8/3/2014This is the third occasion we have dined at Bright Courtyard. Decoratively, the restaurant is really very pleasant. The 'menu' is on an iPad, complete with photos of each dish. The service is good to the point of appearing 'pushy', as if time is of the essence. The wines are pricey, but the food is excellent and mot innovative. It's always busy & bustling with a lively atmosphere. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening there.Special Features:
- Superb mealFF66Dined on 7/3/2014I had a great business lunch here last week so decided to bring my partner for an evening meal after a long week. The food were superb and flavoursome with load of options. I had pan grill scallop and foie gras for starter and braised pork belly for main, my partner had soft shell crab salad then black truffle with wild mushrooms. Not your run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant dishes but all were excellently executed. Staff were attentive and knowledgable, the waitress who served us always wore a smile. I would prefer this place than the over-priced Hakkasan, totally recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointed at returnFSMIDined on 15/2/2014the food was not as good as our first time 3 months ago, and the service was poor, with a waitress pouring the sake without looking and hence spilling it on the tablecloth. We were asked about orders by two different people, there was a lack of coordination The menu on tablets is a gimmick which even the waiter commented upon as more difficult to read than a written menu The fact that we came previously during the week , and this time at the week end is no excuse for the general sloppiness
- Continuing to improve. A verysirkennethclarkeVIPDined on 7/2/2014Continuing to improve. A very high standard of authentic cuisine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed every bit of itoluwaDined on 7/2/2014Nice and helpful staff when I was making my choice on food.The service was on point and they are calm. No rushing unlike some restaurant that gives their table timing. The food taste good. I enjoyed every bit of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing amateur Chinese food!TitillatorDined on 3/2/2014We thought we would have a change from Royal China Club across the road as we have been eating their for the last 10 years (and it's still one of the best authentic Chinese/Cantonese restaurants in town!). But Bright Courtyard is far from authentic. The food is amateurish Chinese fare from the frozen dim sum to the joke of a Peking Duck (just simple roast duck mimicking the real royal dish!). The only edible dish was the vegetables but the rest is wanna-be Chinese food. Also, the place is poorly maintained (see the worn stickers on the glass walls and worn corridor leading to the toilets). Service is enthusiastic but amateurish.. just like the food! Forget this place and go across the road for some amazing dim sum & seafood!
- Authentic Szechuan cuisine!CK21Dined on 17/1/2014It's my 3rd visit to Bright Courtyard in less than 4 months and each experience has been great with fantastic food and attentive service. Tables are set with a comfortable distance apart giving diners personal space. Without the toptable deal, this would be considered an expensive restaurant but quality of food is commendable. Would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly service,Kat2Dined on 17/1/2014Had breaded prawns and steamed dimsum...lovely...Followed by a whole Peking duck...beautifully carved at the table...delicious...crisp skin, tender meat. Chose black bean sauce for the 2nd service of the duck...washed down with iced cold beers. Absolutely perfect ! The waitresses were friendly, efficient without being too present so we were able to chat ande enjoy our meal without being constantly interrupted. Will definately go again and again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and delicious food.kitkatDined on 14/1/2014Lovely and delicious food. Highly recommend this restaurant - the Top Table discount makes it good value for money. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food than ChinatownLilyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Went as a casual friday dinner. Food is traditional shanghainese food, so expect to be a little bit more sweeter. Recommend pork stew and roast duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, nice and cleannickytranVIPDined on 2/1/2014Good location, nice and clean decor, very good service staffs friendly and welcoming and helpful. lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Qualityjeff190Dined on 30/12/2013Exceptional food, great range of choices and high quality. Excellent friendly service from the staff and the manager. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dim sum was good especiallyJWCYDined on 28/12/2013The dim sum was good especially the congee and cheung fun. I really enjoyed those two dishes. Atmosphere is def different to the standard dim sum restaurant. The dim sum there was priced slightly higher than other dim sum restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good chinesexoxoxoVIPDined on 24/12/2013This is a very good Chinese and a good alternative to royal China. I still think royal China is better for food but it's very close. Service is better here and less of the rush and commotion of rc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, best Chinese in LondonRNGMVIPDined on 23/12/2013Loved it, it wasn't just Cantonese or Western pallet gratification, genuine different regional food, wonderful service, priced for location but really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysandrewfitzroviaVIPDined on 20/12/2013Good location, nice & bright room. Good dim sum especially the venison puffsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service as staff wereJDPWDined on 11/12/2013Slow service as staff were too busy looking after a Christmas party, I should have deducted the service charge but as I was entertaining a new business client I did not want to make a fuss. The food was very good but they have to organise there service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese in Londonsk0on4v4sVIPDined on 2/12/2013Have eaten there several times over the last 18 months and I still maintain it is one of the best, if not the best, Chinese restaurant in London. Fantastic, diverse choice, great quality and service. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Shanghai Food in LondonFOODHUNTER01Dined on 30/11/2013I like the peking roast duck with the hand made pancakes. The waiter cuts the roast duck in front of the customer piece by piece which is a traditional way of servicing. The customers enjoy with presentaion and the taste of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, friendly staff,raleighreesVIPDined on 17/11/2013the best Chinese food we have had since living in Hong KongSpecial Features:
- Dim sumcwongDined on 16/11/2013Nice restaurant, not exceptional dim sum but it was okSpecial Features:
- quite niceaaaaVIPDined on 14/11/2013good ffod - upmarket chinesse but wouldnt go without the 30% deicount - not worth full valueSpecial Features:
- iPad unnecessarycasualdinerDined on 9/11/2013The food at Bright Courtyard was excellent - a carefully stylised take on traditional Chinese dishes with unusual presentation. The food was slightly more expensive that anticipated (we shared 4 starters and had some tea, and the bill came to £40 between 2) and the iPad menus were a little fiddly, if not an unnecessary gimmick. I would have preferred to be able to see full-page spreads when making a decision rather than having to flick through images. The service was very good, and the food speak for itself. Recommended for an evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Shanghai dishesFF66Dined on 3/11/2013authentic Shanghai dishes and excellent service, braised belly pork and tea-infused king prawns are must! Ask for table towards the back for special occasions! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Bright Courtyard reviews archive.
- Used to be my favourite local......cieloazulVIPDined on 19/10/2013Food was worse than usual and orders for my wife and me came at different times and very late. Happy to try again as this was our first bad experience after many meals - but restaurant must make amends!
- Great food and servicecheekDined on 6/10/2013Quality of food is great, with interesting and creative dishes that are fabulously delicious. Service staff are attentive and responsive. Ideal for family meals and business engagements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim Sum in a clean calm environmentMrBernzVIPDined on 30/9/2013Bright Courtyard offers good dim sum in a clean and calm environment. The food is good, though not spectacular, however be aware that unlike other dim sum places the portions are for 3 (as opposed to 4). As such Bright Courtyard will be pricier then other dim sum places, so great for a more "special" occasion. I find the food better and "fresher" tasting then most other places I've tried in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.