88 Palmerston Street
Bollington, SK10 5PWNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.briscola.co.uk/
- Phone: 01625573898
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Are you planning a birthday party, Christening or dinner party? If so wouldn’t it be great to have all the stress of planning taken away? Briscola Restaurant is committed to providing excellent food and drink, along with attentive service at an affordable price
A word from Briscola
Love at First Bite! Briscola Restaurant is an Italian Style unique pizzeria and Grill restaurant, Situated in the heart of the village of Bollington and formerly known as Mauro’s. Our goal is to give 100% satisfaction to each and every one of our customers. Briscola is relaxed, casual and inviting and we offer a warm and friendly service and excellent food. The menu at Briscola features a wide array of great selections of Pasta, Pizza, A la carte and Special Menu, made from only the freshest and highest quality ingredients. With something sure to please every member of your group. You'll find a delightful mix of diners at Briscola Restaurant from families with children to couples and groups of friends, there is something for everyone. Thank you for visiting the Briscola Website. We look forward to your custom in the future. In the mean time, please take a look at the menus in the next few pages, and enjoy what Briscola has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Briscola - Best restaurants in Macclesfield ›
Briscola reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (22)romance (17)group bookings (17)outstanding value (15)fit for foodies (13)child friendly (13)business meals (8)good vegetarian options (4)outdoor eating (3)brunch (3)sunday lunch (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- Fabulous place, food was deliciousPilsbury02Dined on 13/9/2014I booked a table for my boyfriends birthday. We were really looked after, balloon on the table, even ordered his favourite beer in, they made him his favourite cake tiramisu and they sang happy birthday to him. They also out happy birthday message on a tv screen. Fabulous place, food delicious. Will definitely be going back. Owner can't do enough for you, lovely people and placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favouriteFood4thoughtDined on 23/8/2014The lovely Emrullah and his great staff, along with their fantastic food make Briscola our favourite restaurant. There is a meal for all tastes on their menu. Great specials and excellent wines on their wine list, never been disappointed with anything. We always feel welcome even when on occasion we arrived without a reservation! Love this place and its food. A credit to our village.Special Features:
- Family meal to BriscolaSkinnylegs100Dined on 29/7/2014We found the food to be very average yet over priced. The tables were very close together so you are sat on top if each other. Staff were nice and friendly but the food let it downSpecial Features:
- Really good pizzaTheDoctorandhiswifeDined on 24/7/2014Wonderful food - the 'flaming pizza' was really very good indeed. The presence of three large parties celebrating made the noise levels uncomfortable while we were there, but that's just the luck of the draw.Special Features:
- Super SupperHungryHughesDined on 23/7/2014Supper was so delicious, well-priced & served with smiles that we returned the following evening & enjoyed a second meal!Special Features:
- Booked. We arrived, turned away!MSJRDined on 19/7/2014Booked online 20 minutes before the time and upon arrival was double booked. Lesson learned book by telephone not online!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always !WillDined on 18/7/2014Really friendly atmosphere, excellent food - a wonderful night out !Special Features:
- bit dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014We were a table of four and found the service to be very slow and food forgotten, when the food came 3 of the meals were ok but mine was cold, i did complain and have to say that it was put right asap but my friends had finished there meals by then , we were not asked if we would like more drinks either, it was a shame as have been here before on a few occasions and all has been great, maybe they needed more staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 21/6/2014Just wanted to say had a great night on Saturday chilling with lovely food and wine after a beautiful holiday, the new menu is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls get together.....MaxBramDined on 15/3/2014We booked a table for Saturday night, peak time 8pm and we only waited 2 minutes to be seated. The staff were attentive but also left us alone to enjoy our time together and were really helpful with the ingredients as one of my friends couldn't each dairy produce. Food was lovely and was served almost instantly. Long enough time left between courses too. Excellent night all round.Special Features:
- Don't book table on-linepizzaluverDined on 8/3/2014Booked table for 8pm @ 7:45 received a phone call saying could we arrive @ 8:30 as they were running alittle behind. Arrived @ 8:30 we were told our table was almost ready, had to stand in the doorway for approx 20 mins, we were then taken to a table in the waiting area, we placed our order and was told we would be moved into the main restaurant very soon. @ 9:50 had'nt moved and no food to be seen!!!! We asked for the bill in the end and left. very bad service and not much of an apology. Very disappointing........
- We found the food to be goodJackamoDined on 15/2/2014We found the food to be good if not a little too rich. The wine was overpriced and I have to say the atmostphere was lively but a little too noisy us. Service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What we thoughtJamieShanDined on 14/2/2014Lovely meal, outstanding food and takeaway menu is good too!Special Features:
- Valentines mealMaccaDined on 14/2/2014Booked a table at briscola and also ordered some flowers with them for the other half, well for the night it was a set menu and a great choice too and very well priced, the staff can't do enough and the service is second to none, this is one to try.Special Features:
- Very goodbam1Dined on 14/2/2014Lovely meal for valentines day. Excellent food and good service.Special Features:
- A real discoveryBooth1Dined on 22/1/2014Since finding Briscola 5years ago we have had a reliable place to visit for excellent Italian food. Last Weds we cashed in 500 loyalty points and saved £40 on food - almost a free meal for two on "bring your own wine night". Lovely meal, charming service and welcome greeting as always from Emrullah. We gained these points from taking the Express lunch regularly, the Early Bird Menu with our Group and taking special friends. In every circumstance food received the same skilled cooking and cheerful service. So long as Em owns Briscola we shall dine there regularly.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experience.StuartMcNeilDined on 17/1/2014Me and my girlfriend went for a meal at Briscola for her birthday and it wad a fantastic night. The food was world class and every bite was just as exciting as the previous. The calzone I had was massive and i struggled to finish it but couldn't face leaving such good food. The wine was also very nice and I'd highly recommend the pinot grigio. The service from all the team was amazing also. The owner knew that it was my girlfriends table and made sure we got the booth we requested even though the restaurant was packed. The waitresses were really attentive but not overly intrusive of out dining experience. Possibly the best restaurant I've ever been too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyborisDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed the food wine and service, there was only one problem and that was it was a little difficult to have a conversation without having to raise our voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Briscola has been a favouriteLouisDined on 11/1/2014Briscola has been a favourite of mine for a number of years. Having not been there for 18 months, I moved away from the area, I was delighted to find that the food and service was as good as ever. The owner, Emrula, is a gracious host who always ensures that everything runs smoothly. I would highly recommend Briscoola.Special Features:
- Great nightBezneyDined on 17/10/2013Lovely place,great meal very tasty had a lovely night.Special Features:
- Great food and wineMaccaDined on 12/10/2013Yet another great meal and wine at this establishment, friendly staff with nothing a problem for them as I ordered a red wine jus for my steak what is not on the menu but the chef knocked one up for me what was top notch, it's now the wife's favorite restraunt, thanks to all the staff.Special Features:
- Briscola - BollingtonBasher69Dined on 28/9/2013Fantastic food and atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the Briscola reviews archive.
- A night out in BollingtonBazkimsDined on 14/9/2013Great Service, Food and prices. Nice restaurant and ambiance we will be back soon for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningMaccaDined on 7/9/2013Great place to dine, with the best food around by miles and very good staff will be going back in a cpl of weeks, can't say enough about it, and the wide loved it to, what a bonus lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRushton22Dined on 6/9/2013I really enjoyed the meal I had with my sister and a close from for my sister's birthday. The staff at Briscola went that extra mile knowig we were there to celebrate a birtday. I can not wait to return with my husband and son. Thank you Briscola for such an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceIancDined on 3/8/2013A night out without the children was a luxury! We moved to bollington last year and have always wanted to try Briscola. It was a lovely evening and the service was excellent. We booked an early bird menu but did not feel rushed. We will be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!EmmaDined on 27/7/2013Our favourite restaurant in bollington. Food is gorgeous, service and staff are fantastic to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!!DiningDuoDined on 26/4/2013Went for a birthday meal and thoroughly enjoyed every moment! Food is of a very high quality and delicious, tried one of the specials and thought it divine. Ended up having a three course meal, though we were both stuffed half way through the main course! Staff were very friendly and attentive as well. Truly lovely evening. We were initially recommended to try Briscola and have since passed on the restaurant name ten-fold! Definitely will be revisiting soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbKirkDined on 30/3/2013We have been eating at this restaurant on and off for about 4 years using it for special occasions or just for a treat. We have never been let down. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed at all. My mainUnhappyDined on 28/3/2013Not impressed at all. My main course was horrible, price over the top for what I had. Service very slow. Won't come back, won't recommend.
- OutstandingReapermanDined on 22/3/2013Dined here at 7.30pm 22/03/13. What an excellent dining experience. Polite, friendly staff, excellent food, short wait time between courses. We were spoiled rotten. This is what dining is all about!Special Features:
- ExcellentGrayling38Dined on 2/3/2013Briscola is a lovely restaurant, great food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulBailey74Dined on 16/2/2013My husband and I came for the 2nd year running for our wedding anniversary. We booked on line which was so easy. We were made to feel very welcome. Staff are lovely but the food is to die for its so fresh and you can taste the quality in every bite. I have told all my friends about this fantastic little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely resturantch1ll1Dined on 15/2/2013we went for a romantic meal, it was lovely. the waitresses were very helpful. food was extremely tasty. service was spot on. we would defiinately go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy a trip todandjDined on 5/1/2013We always enjoy a trip to Briscolas. we go there for their excellent pizzas (other dishes are good too) and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food, great host. ThisChrisDined on 27/12/2012Great food, great host. This is a fantastic Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good night,food excellentseafood21Dined on 15/12/2012very good night,food excellent for the third time we have booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppaulingKdazDined on 24/11/2012Whilst getting ready to go out we received a call from the restaurant to say "I see you have squeezed a booking in! I forgot to to turn off the on line booking sorry we are full" needless to say we will not be using either the on line booking service or that particular restaurant again
- Meal for twoPddinersDined on 31/10/2012Great service, delicious food and good selection of wine. The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and we would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service118212Dined on 31/8/2012I cannot fault the food, however the service was very poor, it took an age to actually order our food, when it came it was very good. When we had finished our main meal the waitress asked if we would like to see the coffee/desset menu to which we replied yes, 40 minutes later and still no menu! At this point we decided just to get the bill. We then found out why the service was so poor when paying the waitress informed us that the card machine was broke and the management were on holiday. Therefore the waiting on staff were not actually working as they normally would, had they been supervised.I would recommend this to a friend.